Over Confluence

Confluence is een open en gedeelde werkruimte die mensen verbindt met de ideeën en informatie die ze nodig hebben om hun beste werk te leveren.

Meer informatie over Confluence

It is a very practical and simple software, it is not necessary to invest a lot of time to learn how to use it. Its graphic interface is very friendly, it is very intuitive software.

Now I need to upload to google docs and import as google doc rather than word. The error messages sometimes are on the level of "something went wrong.

Beoordelingen van Confluence

Waar voor je geld

Confluence heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 2.106 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Confluence eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (2.105)

Gonzalo a R.
Gonzalo a R.
CTO in Colombia
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

CONFLUENCE review (by GARB)

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It's very useful and easy to integrate into other corporate content platforms and services.

Functionality, customer experience support, reliability.

NO negative comments nor feedback. Excellent platform.

Overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft OneNote en Microsoft Project

Redenen om over te stappen op Confluence: Price, support, integration features.

Quality Assurance Engineer in India
Informatiediensten, 11-50 werknemers

Life saver for software projects

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have been using confluence every day for the last five years and I love how efficient and easy confluence is to use. It allows you to organize your pages into different spaces according to your needs and has an amazing set of tools for content editing. I remember before we used to store our data in JIRA cards or in MS word everything was just all over the place without any management. Now confluence is our one-stop solution for all our documentation needs. Using confluence we have all our content in one place and well organized

Confluence is the most useful documentation tool of all time. It allows you to have all your documents in one place and not only that but it organizes them so very well. The number of tools it provides for editing a document is just amazing, something that is missing in all other documentation tools. The customizable templates are very useful too. I love adding images and videos to my documents, arranging the texts in blocks or tables, highlighting the important notes, etc. Confluence lets me do all of this. I also like how it allows collaboration of multiple people and highlights the contributors.

I did not find any cons in the product itself but I would like to see better support service for confluence

Mitchell L.
Product Marketing Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers

Good mainly for roadmap usage

3 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, mediocre. It needs to be brought into Web 2.0 and needs slicker features for those who are not engineers

The best part about Confluence is the organization board structure. It allows for teams to collaborate on projects while at the same time using it to keep track on dates and key success metrics.

The UI is not super intuitive. For example, the sidebar should not be where navigation occurs. It should happen from above or another route. Users need to be able to move more freely to view all projects simultaneously.

Hossein P.
Senior Product Designer in Duitsland
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Keep everything in one place, best KMS in software projects!

4 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We are using Confluence for more than 4 years and in multiple projects and compnaes. I can say this too is awesome and although still have lots of space for improvement, but the current version is truly reliable for enterprise-level companies.

Easy to use and high integration level with other Atlassian tools is the most interesting part of Confluence. There are more powerful software out there, but none of them has this integration level in a full bundle that Atlassian offers.

Managing tables (with a huge amount of data) is not easy here, so usually, we prefer to attach excel files, but if it was more powerful in managing sheets, definitely we like it more!

Overwogen alternatieven: Notion

Redenen om voor Confluence te kiezen: Better document and file management system, Higher access level management system. Better price and very better ease of use.

Overgestapt van: Google Drive

Redenen om over te stappen op Confluence: Better integration with other Atlassian tools that we use during our daily work in the company.

Software Engineer II A in India
Bankwezen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

One tool to document all the application level details

4 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: central place to manage various project related documents. Log details has been captured for each and every changes. Tree based arrangement of the project documentation is very easy. Easily add various documents, images.

1. One place to document all the changes 2. Confluence pages can be shared very easily with the various individuals / group. 3. Mobile version of the confluence is very good user interactive software 4. Notifications on a timely basis to the respective users.

1. Page Layout and editing option needs some improvement. 2. Reading text from PDF / Excel documents will be a plus. 3. Pages were not found once the documents will get expired.

Overwogen alternatieven: GitBook en Zoho Wiki

Redenen om over te stappen op Confluence: Single location to manage your all project related documents, easy access management option. Helps to communicate easily with the business, developers, stakeholders.

Guilherme H.
owner in Brazilië
Verzekeringen, 2-10 werknemers

Great software to manage projects

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It´s very easy to use and it´s very easy to learn features

This software can integrate with git and jira software very easy and this is very good to control everything

i dind´t have difficults to use this software. Only to talk about something tha I dind´t like is the collors. This software could have more collors

Overwogen alternatieven: Jira en Notion

Redenen om voor Confluence te kiezen: because of the integration with anothers softwares

Overgestapt van: Notion

Charles A.
Charles A.
Account Manager in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers

Good software, but not quite GREAT software.

4 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We needed a document/knowledge depository. We ended up using Confluence for Knowledge Depository, it had too many limitations and too expensive to integration to use for Document Management. It did the job for knowledge management, but was very similar in features and functionality to other products that do this as well. We tried to adapt it for Customer Success management and meeting note taking but many users found it too difficult to use it regularly and it became shelf ware for this purpose.

I like the version control features of Confluence, it's very easy to use and visibly see changes. Being able to build account dashboards with tasks from various business reviews was also a nice feature though had some limitations.

The bullets formatting can be very frustrating and acts very strange sometimes. Confusing sign-in credentials for SSO when used with JIRA.

Overwogen alternatieven: Google Sheets

Overgestapt van: Notion

Redenen om over te stappen op Confluence: More features and customizability.

Harsh M.
Harsh M.
Senior systems engineer in India
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

Make best use of documentation with Confluence

4 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: In a nutshell, it has proved to be a best tool for document management in major tech giants.

Features most likeable are easy setup, smooth documenting process, real time editing view. Confluence also has good search algorithm to find out list of documents created and available in its repository. Most helpful tool which can be used by non tech companies as well to maintain and create their documentation and supporting files.

Larger page editing sometimes become difficult. This might be due to browser memory occupancy, but it could be improved upon.

Swati R.
Swati R.
Digital Marketing Manager in India
Administratie, 201-500 werknemers

Excellent Project Documentation tool

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall I have had a great experience with Confluence, I would recommend it to widen your knowledge horizons and acquire knowledge about other fields apart from what you are an expert in. There is absolutely no lad

The best part is that it acts as a central library for company wide project documentations which allows me to read about historical event PRDs which are essential for my work as I need to know in detail about the events and how they get triggered etc. Also the feature to comment allows us to clear our doubts then and there without bugging anyone on slack and elaborating our concerns.

The worst part is it shows most frequent users on the dashboard and I'm among them. Also the search bar does not work properly and if we search for related headers and not exact ones then there is no response.

Víctor P.
Víctor P.
Director de software in Spanje
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

The best collaborative documentation tool

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Confluence works amazingly, specially if you are using all the Atlassian suite.

Confluence is awesome when it comes to make documentation in a collaborative way. It has a lot of templates and plugins that makes it a great tool.

Not much. Maybe I'm lacking a better integration with the Google Docs or Office files.

Rosy R.
Associate - People & Operarations in India
Human Resources, 11-50 werknemers

Great to work with for a remote company

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We are a remote company, and we need all of our policies and processes in one place. Confluence has really helped us to solve this particular aspect, as now we can just put everything together in one document - the final user now don't have to keep navigating to multiple places in multiple platforms, as now everything is maintained in confluence.

Since we work remotely, confluence is the main repository for our documents (I belong to the People & Ops team and we have a lot of policies and processes documents to maintain). Here is what I like the most about confluence: 1. I feel its a perfect combination of a word and a presentation file; you can be as creative as you want with your content with no length limit (like in a presentation file) 2. I absolutely love how we can create sections within the document - makes the whole document look absolutely organized 3. We also can create indexes like in books so it's very convenient to find any particular topic that we are looking for 4. Easy to create and share any document 5. If you are collaborating with multiple people on a document, it's very easy to assign a certain task to them using the tagging and action item feature 6. You get amazing options to complete your document - layouts, table, heading, alignment of text/images, emoji 7. Also if you have not tried the insert function yet, you are missing out a whole deal there - with so many options to choose from, this makes the document very very interactive

All the features in confluence are great. However, since I am also a user of the google sheet and word, the only pinch I feel - and this is about every time I use Confluence - is the lack of font to choose from. The default font is good as it makes the whole document look very professional. But for documents where we actually want to add more fun, I believe, we would definitely need more fonts :)

Field Marketing Specialist in VS
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Content and document management are made easier using this tool

4 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: New employees and colleagues in the same department can use Confluence to learn about specific procedures. As a result, it may not be the most efficient method for distributing information between departments. It's better suited to those who have a wide range of knowledge.

Confluence has been used extensively by my team to keep track of and add new information to the knowledge base. It appears that we have done a good job of creating pages that provide the information new employees require. Small businesses can use the tool, but I believe it is better suited to larger ones. It's quick and easy to set up a wiki for your team. Real-time collaboration, complete version history, and automated change logs and diffs are all included. You can move and drop documents in the document tree with ease because each document has a unique URL. This is one of the most convenient methods for obtaining such a combination. Confluence integrates seamlessly with the other Atlassian products, making project and product management as simple as possible. This year has seen an explosion in the number of templates that are available to help you keep your documentation organized and easy to fill out. Useful, but sometimes you must look up exactly how to use macros. Confluence's macro documentation is extremely helpful.

If you don't have a lot of experience with wiki software, the editor can be difficult to work with. When it comes to macros and formatting settings, it can be difficult to know which tool is best for your project. It's difficult to organize a collection of articles, but that's to be expected. With the help of the software, you can organize your pages in a predetermined way. This is effective, but it necessitates a great deal of self-control as your familiarity with the software increases.

Giovanni M.
Document Analyst in Filipijnen
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A wiki like software, Successful Tracking and Project Management

5 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: As mentioned in the title of my review, it's like a wiki version for the company's documents. I can easily find almost everything that I am looking for specially when tracking a document or checking for reference of hierarchy. It is the best solution for providing guide and solution documentation for my clients/customers.When I was still employed under an e-commerce company, we used confluence across most of our departments. It is very useful for finding information, reference for training because it serves as a knowledge base for our company's content. It can also be used as reference when checking metrics and product information within the company that is very important for the decision making of higher management.

-No need to use multiple MS software like Ms Project, excel or even Word for documentation. Now I'm using a single tool for my Checklist, Requirement list, action plans, help guides, and testing strategies. -I like how it is integrated with JIRA which is also one of the main tools we use at work. All Jira dashboards are available within Confluence which allows documentation to be supported by task. -There are ready templates for creating different types of documents. There is an option to create hierarchy for documentation and link them to each other to avoid duplication.

-Right now, exporting of documents is only limited to Word and PDF file types. It would be better if there were more options. -Adding the option to customize forms would be a convenient feature. Instead of only having the pre-build forms. -It is also better if there will be more complex support for searching algorithms for discovery when searching, not just by typing the exact keyword

Technical Operations Manager in VK
Medische apparatuur, 11-50 werknemers

Notes and Document Management for Pros

5 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Confluence is the best notes taking and document creation software available - it's a well-integrated, easy to navigate tool that enables live collaboration whilst providing a range of integrations to other business tools!

Easy to use navigation bar per space (topic area) of store notes coupled with a range of text formatting and style features - Confluence is one of the best software tools available for notes taking! The inbuilt macros, linking page functions, mentions, comments and live editing all add to the allure of the Atlassian product range.

Confluence can be a steep learning curve due to the overwhelming amount of functionality available - including the permissions and access control clashes.

Overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft OneNote en Google Docs

Redenen om voor Confluence te kiezen: Confluence was cleaner and more agile with a clear collaborative value over other products.

Overgestapt van: Asana, HubSpot CRM en Evernote Teams

Redenen om over te stappen op Confluence: The range of features, integration potential and ease of collaboration. The storage, navigation and organisation of Confluence sold it beyond any other product.

Tami S.
asst digital merchandiser in VS
Detailhandel, 10.000+ werknemers

Confluence Review

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm in a subdivision within my org that is always changing and updating how we do things, and so do the divisions we work closely with. It's sometimes to difficult to remember the most up-to-date process for something, and we keep our confluence pages buttons up and current, so anytime i need to reference what a current best practice is it's all right there. I do the same for our working partners, so I know who to reach out to when for a specific request, and don't have to play email tag with a bunch of people telling me that's not how XYZ is done anymore.

Confluence makes it so simple to build a knowledge base for your teams. Everything from project timelines, team breakdowns to trainings and procedures & references can be complied and shared out easily. The editing features can help you collaborate with others and the editing notifications come in really handy so you know whenever an update has been made to a page you're following or editing yourself.

The navigation, to me, isn't the prettiest thing in the world. I think the overall layout and design look a little dated. This doesn't effect the software itself, but the other tools my team utilizes have more of a modern look and feel to them.

Zuhairah A.
Zuhairah A.
Marketing Communications Specialist in Maleisië
Internet, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Very flexible collaboration tools

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Main issue that we have solved with this software is, sharing and giving access of document to certain user from various department. It help to protect the document and it will give insight if the document has been edited and the editor of the document.

I really like that Confluence is very flexible in managing collaboration of documentation and task. Creating a document and stored it in the cloud storage provided by this platform make the sharing process of the document is very easy and flawless and the document will only circulated inside the software which add more security to the document.

The only thing that i have problem with this software is, the full text search is not properly constructed. Too many unrelated search result is returned and that mean it is not accurate. I need to scan the result manually to find the document that i need and that action is taking time and slowing me down.

Julián M.
Full-Stack developer in Frankrijk
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Class-enterprise knowledge base software

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: The best thing I achieved using this software was to integrate the concept of knowledge base with my business logic, and it really helped because they have a great documentation for starters, and they don't just learn to use the platform, but the overall concept regarding documentation management.

The best feature that this has is the extended Add-In marketplace. You can find the proper Add-In to express your ideas in the best way: Coding, Images or illustrations, animated gifs or videos, and even forms inside the documents and pages. From a user perspective, this is one on the easiest knowledge base software in the market, and also you have the bakcing of Atlassian. The process of the integration with our existing business logic was easy because we didn't have a strict knowledge base, but Confluence gave us the foundations to build one from scratch.

The export tools and options you have inside the platform are not good. The data isn't portable, so you can't migrate easily to another platform in case you want. The installation process was complex, but today, they stopped producing self-hosted applications, so you are obligated to use their cloud services, and it can be a problem if the company has a strict data policy, like restrictions in the phisycal storage of the data.

Overwogen alternatieven: MediaWiki

Redenen om over te stappen op Confluence: It's easier to use from a end-user perspective. It stimulates the generation of the documentation inside the business.

Prince K.
Senior Consultant in VS
Telecommunicatie, 10.000+ werknemers

Documentation Resource and Sharing

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Confluence is a nice tool to keep documentation organized as long as you remember where you're putting it (bookmarks). The tool is not sophisticated enough to provide ease of mind but it does provide a place to store documentation and the ability to share it or set permissions to intend on the correct people to view the items. Overall I as well as others use it but its also not the best and we all know it can be loads better in terms of features and formatting.

The rich text central location of document storage and the ability to share based on permissions is a nice-to-have tool for large companies or groups. Utilization is tricky as every team or group will use it in their own way and organize their own way so even if you implement this in your company and you're browsing another department's documentation, you will find essentially that it is just their own internal documentation which requires a little bit of a lucky search to find what you're looking for. Essentially this is a glorified document cloud storage which allows version control, permissions, and sharing.

It is not much different than say any other software or tool available in this category. It has some nice features like version control and seeing a complete history of who made changes to what along with comments and a social feature to it where you can subscribe but honestly there is so much more potential here especially from a company like Atlassian. I just feel they really dropped the ball here by not implementing better integration with some other apps which are already available. Example is that their spreadsheet implementation is a nightmare. The formatting almost always behaves irradicably and it has the bare minimum when it comes to these spreadsheets. Why not implement at least at the base of other offerings? For a paid product, the level of quality is expected to be much more.

Nadiv T.
Customer Service Emergency Hotline Employee in Nederland
Consumentenelektronica, 501-1.000 werknemers

Confluence: the hub for knowledge management

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, I use Confluence every day in my work to keep my (and my organization's) knowledge base relevant. I use to it to collaborate with other employees for improving internal processes, as well as for communicating important current info (such as outages or key developments). Confluence is unmatched in its search functionality, and allows my organization to keep its knowledge base completely streamlined.

I use Confluence as a customer service employee. We have a vast amount of procedures for managing internal systems, as well as for applying systems to actual contact with customers. All of these procedures are stored and maintained in Confluence. What helps me the most, is Confluence's super-advanced search functionality. Essentially, I merely have to type in a relevant word, and Confluence will list all the applicable articles. This allows me to find a relevant procedure for a specific situation in seconds. Another important feature to me is the commenting system. I collaborate with users who create and manage articles. When I see info in an article that's outdated or incorrect, I can leave a comment, and the article manager will get a notification. It's easy to collaborate in this way and keep information up-to-date. Lastly, the permission schemes help with keeping editing (or even viewing rights) limited to the relevant users. Within customer service this is important, as there are varying levels of authorization within our organisation.

In my opinion, the user experience and readability of the software could be improved slightly. The color scheme of blue/white/black isn't bad, but the layout tends to be somewhat messy. It could benefit from some streamlining, and perhaps more clear demarcation of elements within pages (such as more use of bold / italics, more variance in font size, and use of headers).

Sridhar R.
Chief Technology Officer in VS
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

Easy and Simple Enterprise knowledge base and document management system

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Confluence is really good for organizing all of your company/teams requirements related to content, document, knowledge management and file management. Its a must for any company which is dependent on content and content based activities.

From the word go, our team was able to jump start and create a solid knowledge base for our entire enterprise. Being in Education and E-Learning domain - content is the heart of our business. Managing content created by various teams inside company, partner contributions, freelancers content is extremely crucial and critical. Some of the most important features of this product for us are: Document Management, Knowledge base, Version Control System, Structured Pages, Search

Confluence product does content related work really well. But that's not enough as we have grown in last 3 years and so are our requirements. Integrations with forms, data collections, Kanban board, tasks etc have become kind of a must rather than good to have features. We are currently on the premium plan and $10 per user for just managing document and collaboration seems little too much, specially when there are products which provide much more for less.

Overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft SharePoint, Drupal, Zoho Docs, Dropbox Paper en Asana

Redenen om voor Confluence te kiezen: Initially we started maintaining and collaborating using Google Docs. With the amount of documents created, it was really getting difficult to manage, tag, structure the content and files around various categories of our educational departments.

Overgestapt van: Google Docs

Redenen om over te stappen op Confluence: With confluence managing, creating and organizing content is extremely easy and above all confluence will keep track of all the changes. With easy file uploads, managing documents and creating structured pages will only help create better content.

Luke A.
Luke A.
Client Services in VK
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Best knowledge management and wiki out there

4 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: If you use other Atlassian products, Confluence is the perfect complement. Because exporting documents is so bad, it works best if you, your colleagues and your stakeholders/clients all exist in the same Atlassian ecosystem.

Highly configurable and easy to use document templates, beautiful interface akin to using Medium, and deep integration with Jira Software and Jira Service Management are the features I find most useful. Recent changes to Templates to enable you to quickly search and preview available templates is incredibly helpful, as inline commenting while editing and being able to quickly convert anything into a Jira issue. Being able to use Confluence to defer service management requests by offering reporters the option of self serving an answer to their question/problem is a stroke of genius.

It's beyond irritating that exporting documents as a PDF is so horrendous out of the box. I also find the concept of Actions vs Jira issues confusing. I consistently find myself missing actions that have been buried in Confluence.

Praveen K.
Praveen K.
IT Analyst in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

I highly recommend this product for all corporate companies.

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I'm very happy with this product, without confluence it's impossible to maintain the knowledge article in our team.
It helps everyone across the team. Thanks to the confluence team for such a wonderful product.

It comes with rich features, below are a few features which I personally liked: 1. Documentation: When there are some important knowledge articles that need to be shared with the team, we use this tool. It comes with multiple options to make the page feels catchy and rich, it also allows us to attach the images. 2. Search Functionality: When there are 1000s of confluence pages, and if I want to access the page containing a specific word or a line, the search engine works like a champ it finds the pages almost immediately, this feature really helps me in easing my office work. 3. It displays the name of the person who had created the page and last modified person name, this helps to know whom to reach out to when we need additional info pertaining to the details as written on the page. And if required we can add the approvals, thus whenever someone edits the document without your consent changes won't reflect others until you approve the updates. 4. Like and Comments: Similar to social media, readers can either hit like if they like the content or they can mention their feedback in the comment section, this feature really helped me while suggesting something to the author or express my thanks via a LIKE.

There should've been an option to keep the page in draft before publishing it. But unfortunately, there is no such feature in confluence. Apart from this, I didn't find any other flaws in the software.

Jinan S.
Scrum Masters in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Jira is incomplete without confluence!

4 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I am very satisfied with the confluence. Multiple architects collectively decided to use that over Sharepoint. The key reason is the seamless integration between these two products (Jira and Confluence). For an example, by simply writing the issue key on confluence page would automatically create the link to Jira ticket while reflecting the status of the ticket. This would allow visibility for Release Planning, while allowing you to write an appropriate decisions such as Go-No-Go on the same page.

Confluence offers pretty good UI for creating excellent documents (requirements or design). It does support pretty much all features of Microsoft word for creating a great documentation. Between all Atlasssian products, if you are tight on budget, I would suggest you to get Jira and confluence combo. It’s indeed great tool combo for the remote agile teams to work together due to their seamless integration.

One thing that I loved on the share point that’s not great with confluence is integration with the Microsoft office products. To be very frank, I feel this is not a big drawback as now a days, web interface is pretty much replacing the traditional interface.

Overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft SharePoint

Binujaya P.
Software Engineer in Sri Lanka
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

The best documentation platform

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is amazing software with close to zero disadvantages. It corresponds with Jira which is great, also provides documentation, you can create pages, see notes related to a specific theme, besides pages you can create tables, images, etc. I would recommend this software to anyone who needs a program that creates documentation. Also, they are looking to improve their software by making a lot of updates.

Confluence has a lot of advantages and here are some of them. Confluence is part of Atlassian Suite which is connected with Jira and you can easily integrate them. This software provides a documentation platform for your projects. You can create links to other pages, see other documents that are related to some specific project, also it provides you with different kind of images and charts to make your document more powerful. This software supports everything starting from images, tables, diagrams, charts, whatever you need Confluence has it. Also, another thing that is worth mentioning is that you can see if anyone has made any change to the document and if it has you will get notified.

There are not so many disadvantages, to be honest, this is great software, maybe a bit hard for some beginners, but not too hard and you will have to spend some time on this software to know how it works. Another thing that I don’t like is that they are changing Confluence non-stop. They are doing updates most of the time and changing the software. I understand that they need to make changes for better but that can sometimes be annoying because you know something where is it and then they change it and add something else and you have to learn again.

Steve M.
Steve M.
Dir. of Dig. Marketing in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 501-1.000 werknemers

The Collaboration Platform You've Waited For

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We document everything in Confluence. I run a digital marketing team of around 20 people and have a total of 40 users in the tool (a few other teams besides mine use it). It's been a fantastic tool to get everyone on the same page and keep track of our how-tos, meeting notes, plans, goals, features/specs, etc.

Real-time simultaneous editing Ease of finding and organizing what I've written Constantly adding new features Integration with Jira and Trello is great, but also works as lightweight project management by itself

Honestly, they've fixed my biggest cons, like storage space (now you can buy a bigger plan) and they keep adding more things. I think my colleagues would say there's still a learning curve, which is understandable, and I think Confluence has been changing the interface with more tips and features for new users (which is sometimes confusing for long-time users like me, LOL) One big con is still the limited integration with MS Office. Confluence fully replaces the need for Word in most cases, so that's not a big deal, but I wish the Excel integration and/or the table functionality was better. Also, printing is pretty tough when you have tables.

Overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft SharePoint

Redenen om over te stappen op Confluence: Confluence is quite inexpensive for what you get and it's super powerful. I really love the quick, accurate search results. The macro functionality and new "Slack" style slash commands are really cool. The notification system is very nice, especially the @mentions.