Gemiddelde scores

4,2 /5
    4,3 /5
  • Klantenservice

Over Toast POS

Toast is een alles-in-één POS- en restaurantbeheersysteem dat is gebouwd om de efficiëntie te verbeteren en de kosten drastisch te verlagen.

Meer informatie over Toast POS

293 reviews worden weergegeven

Jayelynn W.
General Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 5-9-2019

"Incredibly Efficient!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I'm thrilled we switched to Toast. It's simple to use, has made us more efficient, and wasn't as expensive as similar systems.

Pluspunten: Compared to POS systems I've used in the past, Toast is a lifesaver! It has tremendously improved efficiency and flow of our Taproom. We now have the ability to swipe a card and store credit card information; which is a huge benefit for those of us in co-op spaces. Although they look bulky, their handhelds fit into your back pocket and allow us to close tabs out table side. They are shock and water resistant, plus you can log into more than one device at the same time so if you're working alone, you can close out multiple parties at once. As a GM, I'm grateful that Toast is not only cloud-based, but allows me to access the back end from my laptop or smart phone so I don't have to be onsite to make system changes. Updates are incredibly quick so there's not a ton of down time. There is also Toast Central, where you can troubleshoot issues yourself rather rather than immediately calling Support. They are helpful instructions with screenshots and videos.

Minpunten: Customer Support is hit or miss. I always get an answer, it's just a matter of when I get it. After hours and on weekends, I feel like their staffing is very limited which leads to delays in getting immediate help. Thankfully it's only happened once where I needed a quick answer and wasn't able to get it.

van Toast op 8-11-2019

Hi Jayelynn, Jasmine from Toast here. Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear how multiple features of Toast have improved your operations, and that you are taking full advantage of Toast Central as a resource!

• Beoordeeld op 5-9-2019
Business/Hospitality Consultant
Horeca, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-8-2020

"I'd give it a 10 but then it would be perfect!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I really enjoy the system. It's simple to program and they have a great support system. It's worth the investment to pay for extended support until you or a manager has the ins and outs of the backend in hand. The reporting is awesome and when used the right way, you have your answers to questions you didn't even know you needed to ask.

Pluspunten: I have been using restaurant POS for over 20 years and Toast has shown itself to be one of the best on the market. It is so user-friendly and easy to work in, including the handhelds, that it's amazing. In training new teams they offer a great program and support team. The layout is ideal for high-volume. Reporting is excellent. I refer Toast to most of our clients.

Minpunten: As with any new system you install, there will be issues and "clunks." Toast is no exception. The worst was the display screen and the use of it on the line. If you do not set aside enough time to train, prior to opening or first use, it will be challenging to understand, especially if you are not used to systems other than tickets and calling out. It just takes time getting used to and working out the kinks upon install.

van Toast op 27-8-2020

Hi there, Mora from Toast here. It's great to hear that your positive experiences with Customer Care have enabled you to efficiently train up new team members. Thank you for providing this feedback!

• Beoordeeld op 21-8-2020
Kestrel L.
owner, GM
  • Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020

"Beware!"

Pluspunten: I signed on to Toast because they touted themselves as software specifically for restaurants so I thought it would be an easy transition. It was not. As a POS system the functionality is fine. Servers can ring in food and it prints where we tell it but good luck pulling even basic, typical reports any restaurant would need. A lot of the reports I would want are listed as possible but then they don't populate with actual numbers. Support has no clue. I can wait to talk to a support person for 20 minutes sometimes or even get a "we'll call you back" which comes 24 hours or more later which is such a bummer when I have a guest waiting for a check and I need support to do it. When I do get them on the line they know about as much as I do about how to work the software.

Minpunten: Toast talks big and presents a front like they know what they are doing but they don't seem to grasp even simple financial or restaurant concepts. Do your servers split tips with a bartender or other support staff? Too bad because you are going to need to create your own spreadsheet outside the system to do that and then tediously go day by day to get the tip info for payroll. It is significantly more expensive than what I was doing before and they forced me to buy all their hardware, like printers and tablets which is dumb. Any old tablet would work better than theirs because they have it locked so we can't play music through it or manage our Instagram account. The list of problem s is too long to even go into here. DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO RUNNING PAYROLL THROUGH THEM. The payroll program is a complete and utter joke. They have no clue.

van Toast op 14-1-2020

Hi Kestrel, Mora here from Toast. Thank you for providing this feedback, we are continually working on improving our reporting, analytics, and Payroll platform, and appreciate hearing from you. To ensure performance, we will continue to recommend that you only run Toast software on Toast hardware. I'm sorry to hear you have been having trouble getting ahold of our Support team. If our line (617) 682-0225 is busy, please log on to Toast Central (central.toasttab.com) to chat with them live during business hours. I have notified your Restaurant Success Manager to inform them of the issues you've been having and they will be in touch.

• Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020
Sky C.
Cook
  • Beoordeeld op 19-11-2020

"Toast POS"

Opmerkingen: Very good Despite the few technical difficulties that occur at times .

Pluspunten: This POS system is much more advanced compared to others I have used prior. There are many options for inputting whichever items and functions are needed within your business. The overall appearance of this software is much nicer. I also enjoy how user access changes with position ranking, and verification can be implemented for certain features which helps to deter possible theft or misuse. The sales reports are also extremely thorough
. Overall, this is a great pos system for all occupancy levels.

Minpunten: There have a been a few issues with the connection dropping/printer not receiving orders despite our internet working fine. This has caused quite a few times of commotion due to our high volume occupancy levels which left our kitchen backed up for at least 30 minutes to an hour depending on how fast customer service could resolve the issue. Of course since it is an app it will be prone to crashes, but it is extremely inconvenient when it happens during a rush.

• Beoordeeld op 19-11-2020
IT Manager
Consumentengoederen, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-5-2019

"Toast--Support when you need it."

Opmerkingen: We are still early in the implementation of using Toast, but thus far I have been very impressed with their customer service and professional manner in which they have trained and supported our company.

Pluspunten: I love that Toast supports their product. You can call and get someone on the line that will help you answer your questions. They also provide the hardware necessary to run their software. They are constantly updating their software to meet the needs of their users and are staying current with the technology. One option that is particularly useful to us is printing individual labels for each shake. In other words, we could have a bus of individuals come to our restaurant, and we need to print individual labels on each shake to identify what is in the shake so that it gets to the right person. In the past, we had to individually write on each cup.

Minpunten: The most difficult part to swallow is the fact that you have a monthly payment for the software--even if you are a seasonal business and only open for less than half the year. Toast will make some concessions for that, but it still seems costly since our other solution we used was free and pretty much did everything we needed short of printing individual labels for the shakes.

• Beoordeeld op 16-5-2019
Devin W.
  • Beoordeeld op 18-2-2021

"A disastrous experiment"

Opmerkingen: The initial sales experience was exhausting. It's like they hire people from the mattress stores: they quote you prices at 4,000% of what they need and then call you constantly, coming down. The equipment's sleek and they're good at helping with installation. But if you're a small outfit like mine, they probably sold you twice as much stuff as you need. Pre-pandemic the customer service was on point. But then the Toast-Go that my coffee shop relied on (the mobile unit we used in our drive-thru window) crapped out; it just stopped charging. They sent me another one, but for five days or so the speed of our drive-thru service was significantly impaired. Then the new Toast-Go crapped out: it just didn't charge anymore. Same thing. This time it was impossible to reach customer service. Apparently they laid off most everyone in COVID April. Maybe it was possible if you could wait on hold for a couple hours. There is no "callback" function on their customer service line: you have to listen to the music. Through their awkward online customer service mechanism, I suggested they send me another MobileGo but let me hang onto the current one, in case it started charging again (the previous one had done this, after several days of lying dead, before I had to send it back). They never got back and ended up charging me for the new piece in spite of my warranty. The new one crapped out. I canceled my contract. They're making me buy it out for $33 a month x 20. I hate Toast.

Pluspunten: The UI is pretty intuitive and the reporting is very solid.

Minpunten: It failed constantly. They're charging me anyway.

• Beoordeeld op 18-2-2021
Kathy E.
Accountant
  • Beoordeeld op 3-2-2021

"Customer Support Inadequate and Multiple Charges on customer accounts"

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is very dissatisfactory with Toast POS. We have yet to switch software but may need to in the future since it's inadequacy is costing our business to lose customers.

Pluspunten: Bar staff likes software. Simplicity and integration low rate.

Minpunten: Integration with accounting was time consuming with little assistance from Toast when setting up. Outsourced Toast customer service has EXTREMELY limited knowledge of ALL issues with Toast. Toast reps and customer service do not return calls. Credit card charges duplicate weekly on multiple customers accounts for no reason. Our staff has continued to process tabs the same way for two years but for about the past four months, Toast transactions duplicate on customer's personal financial accounts. Even VOIDED payments that should never even show up on a customer's account will show pending for over a week. Toast continues to close cases without a resolution.

• Beoordeeld op 3-2-2021
Anang M.
  • Beoordeeld op 20-9-2019

"Glad we selected this solution"

Opmerkingen: Very pleased with our decision to replace our old solution with Toast.

Pluspunten: Very feature rich with a robust online delivery platform that seamlessly integrates with the POS solution. Synchronization is almost immediate and we have seen a huge increase in online ordering already. The self service kiosk was easy to setup and has a great look and feel

Minpunten: Overwhelming and we have barely begun to turn on all the other features - customer loyalty, customer feedback, delivery and so on.

van Toast op 8-11-2019

Hi Anang, Jasmine from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear you have been driving online orders with Toast Digital Ordering as well as enjoying Toast Kiosk. We hope you will soon be able to take advantage of everything Toast has to offer! Please refer to Toast Central at https://central.toasttab.com/s/ for best practices and educational material while you get rolling.

• Beoordeeld op 20-9-2019
Charles G.
Operations Manager
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-8-2020

"An Affordable Alternative to Aloha and Micros"

Opmerkingen: A perfect system for a small restaurant with a lot of very handy features. They are extremely flexible with pricing options.

Pluspunten: TOAST is a solid point of sale system available for a very reasonable price. Adding, editing and removing menu items can be done quickly and remotely. Printer routing and other back of house set up is a breeze. Customer service staff is well trained and very reliable.

Minpunten: Not really designed for large scale/ high volume operations. KDS screens have some issues.

• Beoordeeld op 2-8-2020
Dave S.
Partner
  • Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019

"Toast is the only option for POS"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been nothing short of amazing. I wish I switched to Toast long before I did.

Pluspunten: Toast offers the simplest POS interface I've ever used, if you can work an iPhone or iPad, you'll be flying through this system with no issues.

Minpunten: I really don't have anything to say negatively about Toast, at first I was worried about the learning curve, but that was practically non existent.

• Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
VP Marketing
  • Beoordeeld op 22-7-2019

"Learning curve"

Opmerkingen: decent, not thrilled

Pluspunten: There are a lot of features and functionality with Toast, how to use them is another thing

Minpunten: Not very intuitive to use. Also i have not been able to get ahold of customer service

van Toast op 15-8-2019

Hi there, Jasmine from Toast here. If you're having trouble reaching Toast Support over the phone, log on to Toast Central to chat with them live during business hours. This is also where you can find Toast University, a library of all the training courses you need to be successful with Toast!

• Beoordeeld op 22-7-2019
Jeff I.
Chef and Kitchen Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 14-10-2019

"So Great to Have Everything Consolidated"

Opmerkingen: Overall I think after a lot of research and a couple of trials Toast seemed to be the best option as a long-term solution. I believe it can grow with us over the years.

Pluspunten: One stop shop plug and play solution! I was not interested in having to switch between systems and wanted easy reporting across the business.

Minpunten: Takes a while to learn all the functionality but worth it once learned. Although it’s not a problem with the software itself, either a better hard copy training manual or disk would be helpful.

van Toast op 8-11-2019

Hi Jeff, Jasmine from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your all-in-one, Toast POS System! For helpful training material, encourage you to refer to Toast Central at https://central.toasttab.com/s/.

• Beoordeeld op 14-10-2019
Valentina C.
  • Beoordeeld op 21-10-2019

"Beware of their promises"

Opmerkingen: After 6 months, I am not impressed. I am spending so much more money than I was before, and put in so much effort and time into setting everything up, but nothing is ever on point with Toast.

Pluspunten: Nice features and ways to set up the menu for ease of use by employees. User-friendly up to a certain extent.

Minpunten: Most of the features promised by the sales rep were all available at an extra cost, after paying a lot of money already for the system and the hardware, you have to pay extra for EVERYTHING. Their customer support is very unreliable, sometimes you have someone great who knows exactly what you are talking about, sometimes it seems like the person has never even used the POS before... They put you on hold for 10+ minutes at a time too.

van Toast op 8-11-2019

Hi Valentina, Jasmine from Toast here. We greatly appreciate your feedback as we strive to provide best-in-class customer support and offer solutions for all of our customers. We encourage you to reach out to your Restaurant Success Manager so we can help your business thrive on Toast.

• Beoordeeld op 21-10-2019
Michelle T.
  • Beoordeeld op 30-3-2017

"Why I chose Toast"

Opmerkingen: With now being in business a full year now, I have and I still am learning pro and cons of doing business. I have worked in restaurants but I have never been on the manager/owner side and it's not as easy as you think it is. When running your own business for the most part you are on your own! I sat down with a computer tech to figure out the best POS system for my business. There are SO many out there and being unfamiliar with them a lot of research was done! I attended the Gordon Food Show a month before we opened and I got to see first hand how Toast worked. I was very impressed with the system and how easy it looked to operate (remember I've never been on this side of the business) and we had decided to work 100% with Gordon Food Service because of their support and looking at our best interest for starting our business. Now a year later, I could't imagine being with another POS system so no regrets here on choosing Toast for our POS!

Pluspunten: Customer Support! - I rate them 100 on this!! Any questions I have big or small, they are just a phone call away! If my call isn't answered right away or I get busy, they have the feature to leave your number and they will call you back ASAP.
Customer Service - Being a tech and answering some of the crazy questions (I'm one who probably has the most) they are always patient, friendly and very professional when answering questions.

Minpunten: Credit Card Processing Fees - With other Processing companies out there some are cheaper but overall with Toast, they win. It's the hidden fees you have to watch. Toast fees appear to be higher but what you see is what you get where with the other guys you have to read the fine print.

• Beoordeeld op 30-3-2017
Theo K.
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 26-3-2018

"Toast is really a great system easy & saves time. Problems false promises from sales rep & cc fees"

Pluspunten: That is super user friendly. Fast and overall a great system. Seriously aside from what I write in the CON section. Toast REALLY is the best software POS system I have worked with. Hands down.

Minpunten: The credit card processing fees they initially promise you they can match your current rates which they DO NOT its a LIE. Then customer service never gets back to you or passes you on to someone else then someone else and someone else. Never follow through with their promises and never can get ahold of your sales rep and he doesn't reply or follow through when you finally do get him on phone. Beware they will not match your credit card rate like they promise you. They will overcharge you if you don't watch exactly what they are taking out of you bank account. You will get charged for modules they say they will " give you for x amount of months free" and then continue getting charged and have to wait months and months and make a million phone calls to try and get your money back for 'free trials they charged you for and your money back for when you told them you didn't want them at all after "free trail" and they continue charging you. Biggest advice is get your credit card rates in clear upfront writing and sit down and figure it out. Make sure they are not screwing you. Because its not only happened to us but several other businesses.

van Toast Tab op 2-4-2018

Hi Theo - It's great to hear that Toast has saved you time and made the business more efficient. We strive to make merchant processing as transparent and straightforward as possible. It's great advice to discuss rates upfront and get the clear rate breakdown. Please work with our Support team to address your concerns. We want to find a solution that works for you.

• Beoordeeld op 26-3-2018
Rachel B.
freelance
  • Beoordeeld op 10-2-2020

"Great POS for restaurants"

Opmerkingen: After over a year the restaurant is still super happy with the switch

Pluspunten: I was hired to help customize, train, and implement this new software at a friends restaurant. I have worked with a few different POS systems and this was by far the most user friendly. Easy to customize their menus and check preferences. Easy to update if we figured out how we originally entered in an item needed to be changed. Cloud based so when not on sight I was able to fix remotely when not at the restaurant. Also the handheld option is great for taking orders and splitting checks on the fly. Also were able to implement gift cards with the new system.

Minpunten: No real cons. The only downside was the initial few days after switching for the staff to get used to it.

van Toast op 11-3-2020

Hi Rachel, Mora from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear that you've found Toast simple to teach and easy to update. Thanks for the review!

• Beoordeeld op 10-2-2020
Chelsea H.
HR Assistant
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-12-2019

"One of the most user friendly POS systems!"

Opmerkingen: After about a year of use, Toast has proven to be one of the most trustworthy and reliable POS systems. With it's integration with Hot Schedules, it has made scheduling and payroll tracking a breeze. Highly recommended to restaurants looking for a change in POS software!

Pluspunten: - User friendly
- Intuitive
- Fantastic customer support
- Self updating
- Good price
- Integrated with most scheduling platforms

Minpunten: There's not much I dislike about Toast. With that said, it can be a bit glitchy at times. It's also a relatively new company, so some of the functions haven't quite been worked out perfectly yet.

van Toast op 14-1-2020

Hi Chelsea, Mora from Toast here. We're so glad to hear Toast's Integrations are helping enable your restaurant to thrive! We pride ourselves in building an intuitive, easy-to-use platform. Thank you for your feedback, we always appreciate the opportunity to improve our product.

• Beoordeeld op 14-12-2019