When design quality matter, there is no better tool to develop a website

Beoordeeld op 7-10-2019
Marcin M.
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Developing a website can be a pain if you work with inexperienced developers without an eye to the details. Therefore I looked for a product that can help you build a fully functional, animated website within days, without the help of external developers. With Webflow, it's super easy. I've built huge marketing websites (150+ pages) and smaller landing pages with it and I'm super impressed-- that basically-- there are no limits. If something is not "built-in" as Webflow element, you can always add any custom code you want and integrate your website with any external tool you use.

Pluspunten: - Ease of use, intuitive
- Superfast to develop a website from blank page to end website
- Interactions – super intuitive
- Continuous product updates based on users' feedback
- CMS solutions
- When hosted on Webflow, website doesn't need your work on updating any part of the code (f.e. to keep compatibility)

Minpunten: - Lack of built-in localization features (language select) (But can be done other ways)
- None, really, I'm a huge fan of this product!

A promising alternative to Wordpress

Beoordeeld op 3-4-2019
Web Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: After using Webflow for some projects I can say that is the best match for: Small to medium-sized projects brochure-ware like or content-driven where your clients want to edit the content themselves, the editor interface is quite good and you can limit what the editor can edit so you won't end up with a broken page and your clients won't be worried about breaking it either.

Pluspunten: Webflow editor simply rocks, some website builders and over simplistic and as I developer I feel chained of it's developers choices. Others are way too messy, unnecesarily complicated. Somehow Webflow has found the way to integrate an easy to use, clear and powerful editor with a powerful and fast hosting. Overall I love that I don't need to worry about the sites speed or Security (a big thing if you are a Wordpress developer, for example). Developing on Webflow feels way easier and to the point experience, no plugins to update, no broken pages or "Oh, the cart stopped working last night", no xss vulnerabilities to attend and the list goes on. I also love that they included a CMS feature, that it's where most of their competitors lose against Webflow. Symbols are also really cool, saving up a lot of time! Last is great that you can restrict what the editor can or can't change! Why should a blog writer be able to change the site layout?

Minpunten: The e-commerce feature is a bit raw yet, for example, you can't add an "Add to cart" button out of the single product view, for some use cases that would add an extra click to the interaction. Consider simple elements like different tickets for an event that you already explained, taking a user to a single view makes no sense there. Also the e-commerce plan is expensive, in my opinion. For that price, I could use Shopify for example. The pricing plans sometimes feel a bit complicated to understand, maybe renaming Account plans for Freelancer or Reseller plans could help.

Why Webflow is one of the best tools for fast web prototyping and landing pages

Beoordeeld op 10-6-2019
Silviu O.
General Manager
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Webflow allows you to move really fast. It has lots of things predefined for you, it has great tutorials to learn from and great customer support. For me, it is definitely the number one choice for web prototyping because I can build a great responsive website in hours and share the link with somebody else.

Pluspunten: Webflow can be used for both prototyping and production ready websites.
One of the greatest features of Webflow is its responsiveness: the UI adapts almost seamless to different screen sizes. Modifications on one screen size are spread across all different sizes.
It has this great feature that allows you to reuse UI components across the entire project just by setting the same name for the components. UI components can also have multiple names and inherit multiple behaviors from different components.
The code is totally transparent to the user: the user works just with visual elements and Webflow generates code in the back.
It is a great tool for prototyping web pages: you can have your project published for free on a subdomain of Webflow just by clicking a button. It has a wide variety of predefined themes you can choose from. It is great for landing pages: it has lots of SEO features built right into it if you decided to host your website on their servers.

Minpunten: It is hard to collaborate as a team on a shared project.
Copying and sharing work between different projects is sometimes painful.
The price of hosting the website is relatively high comparing to the industry standard, but you can always opt in to export the code and host it somewhere else.

My Business Runs on Webflow

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019
Jacob H.
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Webflow is literally the tool that I use most in my business. I use it every single day, and it is an integral part of what I do. The team at webflow is amazing, and they truly care about making the web a better place. The software is easy to use,​and extremely​ powerful.

Minpunten: There are some missing features, and it does take a while for the webflow team to get around to implementing them.

A quick way to create clean code.

Beoordeeld op 24-5-2019
Pedro P.
Software Developer
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Webflow helps me to quickly create the frontend of websites graphically without coding, shows all the changes in real time, with its css and js drivers, can create animations quickly and very professional styles, is a excellent tool to make scalable projects, gives total freedom over the code, also its hosting has a great performance, includes the ssl certificate its integrated cms is quite easy to use.

Pluspunten: Webflow is a web application that facilitates the creation of the frontend design of websites, what I like most about webflow is that it allows me to manage html css and js graphically, besides that the imported code is very clean, as if it was created through code, it does not add lines or unnecessary code, in addition you can also add half querys to ensure the responsive development of the page without coding, since it has in its graphic editor the possibility of modifying the design for smartphones and tablets, in the landscape and portrait position, another thing that I really like is that I do not need any installation to start using it, besides it is easily integrated with tools like google analytics.

Minpunten: Graphically you can not access to modify nested selectors, so it is always necessary to include a class, or otherwise add the css code manually, this is a problem for users of the free layer, since it does not allow them to download The code is also somewhat complex to use its line of learning is steep.

Webflow is a web designer's holy grail

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2018
Creative Director & Board of Directors
13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My web design company can afford to support smaller businesses and non-profits, because our overhead is MUCH lower, now that we don't need to hire a development team.

Pluspunten: Webflow has been a game changer. It allows you to develop a website in a visual way. Unlike Squarespace and Wix and the like, it's not a web builder. You actually use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to build the website. For designers, it's crucial, because you can design websites and forego hiring a developer to code it. Truly, Webflow has impressive functionality, and they're always improving.

Minpunten: I wish Webflow had the functionality for native e-commerce. Multiple languages, native forums, and chat functionality would also be nice. While you can integrate all of these features from external plug-ins, it would make the development process much smoother if these functions were native.

The best thing since sliced bread

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2018
Internet, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In a nutshell, Webflow allows us to build an amazing website in days instead of weeks. Devs love it because they can move fast, designers love it because the end result is just like the design, and the clients love it because it's really easy for them to make quick edits.

Pluspunten: Simply put, Webflow is a UI over HTML and CSS. That means that anything you can build in HTML/CSS, you can build in Webflow ten times easier. We used to allocate weeks to building websites, involve multiple devs and spent a sizeable amount of time fixing cross-browser compatibility issues. Since we've started using Webflow, the turnaround time for projects decreased considerably and the devs love building websites (which wasn't happening before). Besides building the front-end, Webflow features a powerful CMS that allows you to visually edit the contents directly in the website - a feature that clients love, alongside the point-and-click content editing. Webflow is easy to learn (you need a good HTML/CSS understanding, though), incredibly easy to create mind-blowing animations and runs buttery smooth on any browser, anywhere in the world (they're using AWS infrastructure after all).

Minpunten: Webflow doesn't yet have an e-commerce CMS - it is still to be launched, even though it was announced some time ago.

Webflow is the best no code platform

Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019
Jenevine B.
UI Designer
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our business loves Webflow. We can't imagine our daily lives without it. It has really given us freedom and loosened our ties with an outsourced development team, who we felt was eating up all our costs.

Pluspunten: Webflow is a visual builder for websites and prototype softwares. It eliminates writing lines of code and streamlines the process of creating prototypes or functioning websites. It's relatively easy to learn, especially with a very extensive University resource. There is even a great community on the forums, Slack, and Facebook. Webflow's support is always very helpful. They truly put the consumer first.

Minpunten: It is always evolving, but there are specific features I would like to see implemented that I feel are pretty basic in web design.

Bells & Whistles, but worried about backend functionality

Beoordeeld op 20-3-2019
UX Product Designer
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used this to see if I could use it in my freelance work. What I'm finding is that most of my freelance work is for clients who have contracted Devs or a Dev team established and so the biggest feature of Webflow of being able to publish sites directly from design kind of falls through the cracks. With that, I've run into a few snags with actual Devs saying tat even though the CSS and code is valid, that it sometimes does not set up for flowing functionality on the backend when we change the website or add other things. Overall, it's nice to be able to produce simple website and landing pages straight from your code. I don't know anyone who won't like that, but past that, I don't think the ability to go from design to code really is that much of an advantage. With that, the overall Design features aren't a "Wow!" factor enough to have me switch over from my other design tools. Not a bad effort in the design world and would use again given the right circumstance.

Pluspunten: Design to code ability really is what makes all the hype here. The UI is set up similarly to other design tools, so the ability to onboard quickly is there. Being able to have assets and elements export ready is nice.

Minpunten: Not as robust in prototyping as I would like, but it's fair enough. Biggest concern for me is that there's no real check to see how the backend of your UI is flowing what you set up on the front end. You REALLY need to have working knowledge of coding to understand that your site will not break. It can look good, but may not function exactly the way you had set up.

An ideal tool to build your website according to your needs

Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019
Rebecca R.
Software Development Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: An excellent tool because it allows us to work on scalable projects because it is really feasible that several colleagues can work on the same website because this way the development is much faster which makes the projects become fun and the workflow is less rigorous.

Pluspunten: I like it because it is a software that allows you to work from scratch in the creation of a website, contains a really modern and beautiful interface because it is very well designed so anyone with basic knowledge can be able to use it without any delay,is easy to use and can be useful for teamwork since in the development of a page can work several colleagues which helps your development process is much faster, also the code can be exported and because it provides an internal hosting the cost of money is lower, but what I like is that your launch of the pages is fast.

Minpunten: Although its design is really nice does not imply that it can be used by anyone, because working on this software without having basic knowledge of programming will make it quite complicated and difficult especially because for the assignment of elements is required to assign a class of
hierarchical selectors.

Great for designers with base knowledge of HTML/CSS

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2019
Morgan C.
Design Lead on IBM Cloud Platform
Design en ontwerp, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used Webflow to create my personal portfolio site. It took a while get it setup right and learn the quirks and terminology that doesn't 1 to 1 map to HTML & CSS. In the end, I was able to go from a high fidelity website mock-up and build it in a modular way for all my different case studies. If you have the time and patience to learn it, it's a powerful tool for designers to bring their designs to life.

Pluspunten: Webflow has allowed me to create a custom portfolio site of my own design without having to restricted to templates or having to dig through code to make small customizations. For people with a basic understanding of HTML & CSS structure and principles, it definitely creates an environment to plug and play without having to actually structure code and deploy it yourself.

Minpunten: The CMS functions are much to binding for my taste. I wish there was the capability to customize the CMS output a bit more, but today it's limited to locked fields and forms. Also, because you can start from scratch, it can be easy to build things in a way that will make it harder for you later on. There's definitely a learning curve, but in the end I've been much happier with the outputs than other website creation services.

Future of design and coding

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2019
Jeff D.
Post Production Manager
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Hoping to break the mold of standard wordpress sites and do advanced design

Pluspunten: I feel like I'm living in the future. After using wordpress for years, webflow was a breath of fresh air. Their training is bomb and I can't wait to keep using it in the future to provide high value for my clients!

Minpunten: I was a little unclear on pricing structure and it I need a new plan for each site, but I figured it out.

Absolute game changer!

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2019
UX/UI Designer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I've been a Webflow user for a few years now and I absolutely love it!
As digital designer I've had my share of designing websites, and having them implemented by other developers, and let's face it, most of the times the outcome just isn't what you expect.
Webflow totally changed the way I work nowadays. I can design websites and build them from scratch, add really cool and smooth animations, work on mobile versions and deploy in such a short time. And I'm actually happy and proud of the end result!
The level of customisation Webflow allows without any coding knowledge is amazing, though you can do quite a lot more if you can code a bit.
When working on more complex development projects, with a lot of back-end work, I use webflow to build the front-end and send it over to the back-end developers, and so far it has proved to be a really smooth collaboration.

Minpunten: Webflow hosting can get a bit pricey, particularly if you project needs the CMS features. Not every client can see the value of a more expensive hosting, but the ones that do are happy with their choice

Good templates, cool features

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019
David M.
Mobile Developer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The web templates are awesome and the possibility to add custom code is awesome. The animations need some training but are really powerful. The integration with Google Analytics and other services is interesting.

Minpunten: There are too few official VIDEO guides on YouTube or the internet, in general. The users relay on unprofessional videos that are not that useful

Great for non-developers to make websites!

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2019
Ariel P.
Marketing Manager
Financiële dienstverlening, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I really like Webflow and I would recommend it to any small business that wants to have a website, it has more options and flexibility than WordPress, Wix and Squarespace. The CMS (blog) content can be a little confusing to set up at first, but all the video introductions really help wrap your mind around how to do everything.

Pluspunten: I like how WebFlow does all the coding for me, I don't have to worry about it at all. I can play around with different designs fairly easily without the hassle of actually writing code.

Minpunten: Finding resources to fix something that has gone wrong is fairly technical. There's definitely a learning curve, but once you get through that there's a lot of power in webflow.

Webflow makes the hard simple!

Beoordeeld op 23-2-2019
Mike H.
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Once in a while there is a software package that changes the game, Webflow is that software. This is not a typical glowing review, this is the review I would want to if I was searching for a website building beast of a program.

Minpunten: I HATE the way they priced this service. It is SO expensive.

Easier websites

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2019
Vinicius A.
Designer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Being able to maintain a site more easily, and constantly add content without breaking it. It's the next step on the web, more professional, accessible, responsive, easily maintainable, and good content-management websites.

Pluspunten: Webflow is great. It creates the code as I layout it visually. It organizes editing tools optimally by dividing according to the structural content types of a page. This is great for CMS, it's great to be able to edit the code later. Allows you to make a high-level site, even those who do not have so much design knowledge can, with little practice, be able to make an extremely professional site. The interactions possibilities (video, image and typography) are great feature.

Minpunten: The problem that I found in webflow is that it does not have in the FREE version, the possibility of assembling the prototype using the features of the PRO version. To cite one example: the integration feature with Adobe fonts. Typography is key in design, how can I present a final version of a website without the brand typography? This would be crucial in order to approve the project and values with the board team, for example. Another problem is the lack of plugins compared to WordPress. I don't use it for my company website because of these tools that help in marketing / leads / seo / ads. But I believe that over time this can improve.

Best software to use to create amazing websites fast!

Beoordeeld op 11-10-2019
Internet, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's the go-to software my team goes to when in need of a beautifully designed website in a short amount of time!

Pluspunten: - very easy to use and understand;
- beautifully designed templates so that your website looks like it's been made by a professional team;
- really fast and easy to build an website - you can literally create an outstanding website in a week if not a few days;
- cost - you get a lot of benefits just by getting the basic option.

Minpunten: - limited templates available;
- limitations in terms of how you can build the website - there are a few features that are not yet developed and integrated (eg. inserting tables).

A great WYSIWYG but tied to proprietary CMS

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019
Jason H.
Web Developer
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: For the first time ever, a WYSIWYG web editor can produce good, clean, code, integrate with a solid CMS, and do most everything the majority of non-tech businesses will need it to do. However, in my opinion, the tradeoff of being tied to their ecosystem is just not worth it. If you believe fully in Webflow and are sure it will stick around and that it will never do anything you wouldn't do, then go for it. Otherwise, maybe use it just for prototyping, since as cool as the tool itself really is, you might not want to be married to it.

Pluspunten: You can build really, really good websites with this software without touching code. It only eliminates the technical hurdle, of course -- Ideally, you are a designer yourself or are hiring one to use this tool. I think this is almost certainly the best WYSIWYG web builder that has ever been created.

Minpunten: The CMS is proprietary and will stop working if you stop paying them. You can export your code, but it doesn't come with the functioning CMS and you will lose all the dynamic aspects of your website in this process. This will result in either a costly re-build or simply downgrading your site to a static one if you ever decide to part ways with Webflow or they go out of business.

LOVE Webflow

Beoordeeld op 14-6-2018
Web Manager
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It is hard to pick what I like most because there is so much to love. Amazing customer support and strong community. I am a strong front-end developer and don't feel like their platform dumbs-down what I know. So much flexibility, speed with the built-in hosting, always releasing features that their community has requested, really helpful at sharing work-arounds.

Minpunten: There are a few current limitations like no built-in pagination that have slowed down my development and I've had to implement clunky work-arounds, but the pros completely outweigh the cons.

The best site builder for create animations and interactions

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019
Miguel G.
Front end Developer
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am using Webflow to create web app and landing pages animations and interactions

Pluspunten: The thing that i most like in webflow is his really easy feature to create and design animations and interactions, its really good

Minpunten: The worst part of webflow is his learning curve, i take a long time to lear how use and manipulate it, but after this, its really easy. Other bad thing in webflow is the you get stuck to his host

Front End Development just made so much easier

Beoordeeld op 5-6-2018
Marketing Manager
Vastgoed
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great software to design static webpage and with CMS you can even create dynamic pages in seconds.

Pluspunten: I have tried a few modern web design software and Webflow is absolutely the best. It follows the latest HTML5 and CSS3 guideline so the code is clean. It's so easy to set up Flexbox and it provides some basic common elements such as sliders, nav bars but still customizable. Web animation is also made so much easier. The best thing is the CMS. It's pretty much an alternative of Wordpress but so much more easier and flexible.

Minpunten: I love all the feature Webflow provided but the only thing I can't justify is the pricing for hosting. When another web hosting company provides the same service for a month and Webflow is dollar. It's hard to sell it to my clients.

An amazing balance of user friendliness and full design freedom

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2019
E-Learning Developer
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Webflow has been an amazing tool to get to learn and the learning curve has been very easy. It saves me loads of time compared to working in Dreamweaver and I find the visual layout/feedback to be helpful in gaining a more holistic view of web design. I can't imagine going back to coding by hand after using this tool.

Pluspunten: As an experienced graphic designer and a novice web designer I've found the visual interface of Webflow to be extremely helpful. I can see the changes in my design as I make adjustments and this has been huge in gaining a better understanding of web design. I've also found that I can design a site in at least half the time as compared to working in Dreamweaver.

Minpunten: During very few select times I was not able to edit text fields for my site. I think this was due to updates, but it was frustrating none the less. This bug has not happened for 3 months or so and was short lived otherwise. I sometimes feel like it's easy to accumulate CSS styles because Webflow creates default styles as you add elements to the canvas. The styles panel does contain a handy clean up tool, which helps with this issue, but I'm still losing track of styles from time-to-time.

A webpage generator done right

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2018
Product Designer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Webflow is great, is so good that sometimes when doing projects using the tool feels like cheating. The speed on development that it provides, plus the independence of execution makes this a great tool for workplaces where the workforce might not be so big to design and execute projects fast.

Pluspunten: Webflow is basically photoshop in steroids to put it in a way. The tool is easy to use and only demands little to none web development basic knowledge, the biggest plus is that the code produced by the tool is clean and not full of clutter as other similar tools.

Minpunten: Not much. The only thing is that since is a fairly new tool, some of the functionality you might be looking for or that can only be achieved by custom development might not be available.

Great tool for web

Beoordeeld op 12-1-2019
Daniel P.
Consultor ADF
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Set of web pages by production or quality. WebFlow allows both options. In a matter of satisfied customers it allowed us to achieve great milestones. Fantastic tool

Pluspunten: We liked WebFlow for its ease in creating rich websites of high quality and nice interfaces. From the application we can do almost everything in relation to the creation and maintenance of our websites for customers.
It is a great advantage to be able to build from scratch with this powerful tool. You have different options to customize, enrich, expand and share your website. You can even rent a server for hosting. They take care of all that.
In a more advanced way, you can create campaigns from WebFlow promoted by your website, you can create large and powerful (eye-catching) ads that take the web to another world in terms of viewing and downloading content. Websites with WebFlow are professional and elegant.

Minpunten: Difficult to handle in certain aspects, when the administrative panel and the guided tour in the application are brief, ease of use is achieved in a long time.
However, once you learned to chew on the panel, the rest is pure imagination and creation.