Over Slack

Slack brengt al je communicatie samen op één plek. Het is realtime berichten verzenden, archiveren en doorzoeken voor moderne teams.

Meer informatie over Slack

And I have really enjoyed the community-centred interests people put into ensuring your challenges are taken care of is really encouraging. I love Slack for this singular effort.

The only drawback is that we just have too many avenues where we connect and so Slack just got lost with all the other programs and didn't become a priority. This is why we no longer use it.

Beoordelingen van Slack

Waar voor je geld

Slack heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 22.787 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Slack eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (22.787)

Alternatieve geneeskunde, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Slack is a great tool for my small business

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Charles
Charles
Directror in Singapore
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

Fast and Efficient Team Collaboration App every Company must have

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Feedback from the team is the overall experience of using it for collaboration is very smooth and good.

I like it a lot because there is practically zero learning curve. The platform is smooth and fast and the features are very intuitive. It is great for collaboration especially for remote team.

Except for some problems when uploading videos, there isn't much to complain about this app. I see some people complain that for the free plans, the storage size is too little. But entering into a paid plan isn't that costly either.

Eli
President in Colombia
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

It's a great Communication tool and the pricing is fair!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We felt that we made the right move by switching to this pro tool. Our communications it's very effective, and there is no mistake in mixing private or personal communications. This helped our team to stay focused and always reply in business mode.

We are a marketing agency and have several types of contracts and clients who love fast communications and avoid long email threads. We cannot live without it.

We are glad that restrictions for free accounts were removed, which allow new adopters to get to know the tool better and incorporate it into their daily activities.

Nina
Content Partnerships Manager in Italië
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Slack is a good software, but does not bring something extra to the table.

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, I'm happy with Slack. The tool does exactly what it is supposed to do and no more than that. I don't feel the urge to change, but if my colleagues feel the need to switch, then I don't mind either.

The best thing about Slack is its convenience. The tool is easily accessible from both desktop and mobile, and as a person that often works remotely, it is a plus that my chats are synced on all my devices. The tool is easy to integrate, and colleagues that are new to the software never have trouble using it

Something I personally don't like about the software is the following:In group chats, multiple topics are often discussed at the same time. When I want to reply to a specific thing my college mentions, it will be hidden under the phrase of this person, which makes it easy to overlook my response. In other communication software, show your comment along with the message you are replying to, making it easier not to overlook a message.

consulting services and developing software solutions in Vietnam
Biotechnologie, 51-200 werknemers

Experience after 3 years of useing Slack

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Slack demonstrates a strong scientific link, particularly when used for internal company communication. Slack is also user-friendly, with an easy-to-use layout and a login interaction with LinkedIn. Furthermore, as compared to other programs, this application is quite light on computers and phones.

It is highly handy for this application to combine login with Linkin, which helps to improve connection possibilities while eliminating many redundant login processes. Also, because Slack is cross-platform (desktop, Android, and iOS), everyone in my firm can communicate with one another regardless of device. Furthermore, the possibility to connect to other storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, GitHub... Slack's free plan allows users to save up to 10,000 messages exchanged by the team, 5GB of storage, and connect up to 5 additional carrier services.

The storage of messages only takes place for a short time and it is necessary to update the paid application versions to use more features. This makes the free version quite limited and unpopular for long-term storage of information.

Sarah
Sarah
Chief Marketing Officer in India
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Slack has become the easiest way to get in touch with your teammates.

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: There cannot be a better way to communicate among teams than Slack. Slack has made our lifes easier since we have been working from home remotely from different parts of the globe but stay unified and connected with the help of this tool. They also have a mobile app that lets you access all your chats and files on your phone. Its a great tool for every organization.

We have been using Slack for almost a year now and all our departments love it. It is a great way to catchup internally within teams or also coordinate with cross functional teams. We use slack for daily followups and project management and task tracking. The IT department of our organization also uses Slack for bug tracking and remote work. Team communication is now just a click away and we feel connected with Slack.

Slack has no issues or bugs that we have faced so far. Works like a charm.

Mario A
Mario A
ti in Mexico
Privé- en risicokapitaal, 201-500 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Para mi el mejor software de comunicación

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Es muy amigable, incluso para personas que no estan acostumbrados a usar sistemas de comunicación de colaboración-

En muchas empresas en mexico el estandar es usar whatsapp para comunicarse con grupos y compañeros de trabajo, pero la información siempre se pierde entretantos mensajes, esta herramienta soluciona precisamente eso.

es muy costoso para una empresa pequeña o mediana.

Aryan
Aryan
Management Consultant in India
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

Asynchronous working simplified

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has helped me streamline and automate a lot of the flows that we would generally spend hours on. Slack has improved efficiency across departments and makes sure that I never miss out on any crucial updates. not only that, it is super useful for working remotely, which is the reality of our life!

The best part of using slack is the huge user base and the peer community that has solutions for any integration or problem you might face, ready to troubleshoot it. The platform is trustworthy and has a lot of essential features that let me focus on my business first.

The video-conferencing feature isn't the best and hence I have to pivot to using external software for any call or meeting I have to arrange.

Raj
Raj
Software Developer in India
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Ideal team management and communication software

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Slack allows collaboration with other team members by having different features like messaging, notifications, online meetings, etc. It allows team members to share files of different formats. The public and private channels help in coordinating with concerned members in a more efficient manner.

There is a limit to the number of messages that can be viewed in a channel. Sometimes notifications do not appear when a new message is received.

Joel
Joel
Quality Supervisor in Spanje
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Slack is perfect for cooperating with your team, for conversations and for creating groups

4,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

You can create groups per project or issues with all relevant people and you can share documents, images and everything really simple. There are icons and emojis which are funny and the notifications are very well integrated and help distinguish the important from the not relevant.

Video-calling and audio-calling are just not working well and slack for cell phone does not update really well and there are some conversations that you can miss.

Managing Partner in Tsjechië
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

Instant messaging for small/mid sized teams

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

- Ease of use- Fast and resources-light- Modern UI- Free integrations (e.g. Pipedrive)

- Some minor problems with notifications on mobile

Satish
Developer in Nepal
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Overwogen alternatieven:

Discussing about pros and cons with features.

4,0 vorige week Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I am using Slack for the last 3 years in my daily life. It helps in my daily usage of communicating with my firm colleagues and work partner. It helps me in different in this period like audio calls, messaging, and sharing documents and files. The magic link feature is amazing. I think only a few apps or software have these types of features.

I feel the most marvelous features in Slack are magic links, a separate channel, real-time messages, and notifications. Real-time messages and notification help to easily communicate with co-workers. Magic link is an easy way to access your account without email and password. It is faster as well and sometimes it is not necessary to remind email passwords. A separate channel is a secure way to access or have project discussions. It is also good in security ways by it have own URL to join its particular channel to those who are authorized. Due to this slack brings people together to work as one unified team

Slack is a messaging app for businesses. One thing about being dissatisfied with slack conversations get deleted after 14 days, so if we sent something important within a channel it will erase so this feature kept me having difficulties at some sort of times.

Jennifer
Co-Founder in VS
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Great Tool For Organizing Communications

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I cannot over emphasize the need for clear and consistent communications, especially when working with a team that is frequently spread out over a region. It keeps our flow and processes moving smoothly and makes it very simple to reach out and chat with one another through out the day. I feel like Slack is a valuable addition to our company.

The ability to customize channels and lock them for management conversations versus daily chatter has been an absolute blessing. This makes it so that our team knows where to go to result on their day, drop a marketing idea, or ask a question. The 'slack bot' is especially helpful in auto timing a nudge for sales results from the team or nudging managers to drop topics for the next meeting.

Integration was simple, setting up is easy. It's as natural as texting or using messenger. The channel lay out can look a little messy, I wish we could nest it down a little. Otherwise, I have no complaints. The free plan and the paid plans are fantastic - we have used both.

Amanda
Marketing Consultant in Canada
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

The Best Communication Tool for Business & Also Easily Misused at an Organizational Level

4,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Ultimately, I gave up Slack in my own organization and only use it when clients add me to their accounts. The ability to have task-related conversions in Asana is initially where I migrated my team off of Slack.

I love the immediacy of the tool. The ability to hash out a conversation entirely online, grouped by subject matter with the exact amount of people you need to be involved on a team. The price is a dream since there is full functionality with a free account as long as you don't need access to older files. When the Slack interface is set up well for an organization, it makes department-wide communication effortless.

Since each user tends to have different communication styles, organizations that don't create frameworks and guidelines around how their organization uses the tool devolve into chaos. I've had clients who have a beautifully streamlined tool that functions in a way that serves their business and other clients who have let the tool become a complete distraction to their workflows.

Associate Director Employer Success in India
Internet, 501-1.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Collaboration tool that has enabled unicorns across the globe

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Indispensable tool that has made remote work a possibility across the globe.

I LOVE the digital workspace that Slack offers. I don't know how any company would be surviving in the pre-Slack era. Slack is extremely easy to use and has instant messaging, video calling, voice calling, screen sharing, file sharing and integration features that makes it a boss of professional digital workspaces of the remote future of work.

There is absolutely nothing to not like about Slack today.

Caitlyn
Editor-In-Chief in VS
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

Great Team Communication Software For Anyone Just Starting out

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Slack has been alright. I loved the communication features and the fact that it was perfect for my team and I when we were just starting out. It really gave me the power to start my team even though I didn't really have the budget for a centralized communication software for my business at the time. The ability to coordinate and communicate with me team in real-time, as well as guest freelancers and others was great. It served us very well for the time that we used it. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is looking to get started using a multi-person communication software for their team. If you are looking for something that is geared more towards focusing on tasks and project management as well as communication, I would recommend looking into something different.

The great thing about Slack is, first of all, it has multiple pricing plans. Especially, the fact that its first pricing plan is completely free. So it is great for anyone who is just starting a team, whether it be for a start-up for either a non-profit or a business. You have the ability to share files, communicate in real-time, receive real-time notifications, and communicate with multiple people at once. As well as do some small project management functions.

The only shortcomings I would say Slack has, is the fact that they are obviously a software that is mainly built for the purposes of communication between people in real-time. More like a glorified messenger app. So the file sharing, collaboration, and other project management features leave somethings to be desired.

Richard
Director of Innovation in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

One of the best essential tools for many departments

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Being able to control channels by managing team members on each channel is helpful. It also lets us connect with external slack (companies) and easily communicate with third-party companies with ease. Switching between organizations is a breeze. I can be able to open up multiple slack apps throughout many computer systems with the same credentials is also a huge plus.

I have not found one yet. All the features are quite satisfactory.

Andy
Student in VS
Defensie en ruimtevaart, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The reason tasks get done

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Slack to manage a High School Robotics team, it is very easy to add, remove, or move members to or from specific channels. We have separate channels for every sub team including Electrical, Design, Software, Scouting, and Strategy. I also use slack as a member of the University of Michigan Rocketry Team (MASA). We use Slack as our main communication source, with over 900 total members on the team, and around 100 active students. This is all done on the free version of Slack, which although has its limits, it proved to be essential in a high stakes project like a 20ft tall rocket. Most clubs I've joined use Slack as their main communication source, so it must be good.

Slack allows the project teams I'm apart of, the ability to manage their workforce and knowledge. This is usually by communicating issues and meeting notes in a Slack message, which can be discussed in detail in a thread or different channel to maintain the virtual workspace clean. The best part is that anyone on the team will acknowledge the message, but they can choose to dive deeper into the topics addressed in the message if they want to through the use of channels or threads. This helps us manage the levels of interest on the team, something that other software wouldn't have allowed us to do.

There aren't any restrictions on censorship or age that could be applied to specific channels or members. I have no way of ensuring that other students don't post inappropriate messages or pictures without other students seeing them first. I'm not sure what this restriction could look like, but it's a concern because I'm not monitoring the channels 24/7. Another concern is that anyone can view any channel, whether they have joined it or not. This makes it difficult to communicate information for example, between two teams on the same slack.

Leha
Leha
Content Writer in India
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Slack: The Bridge Connecting Colleagues With Effective Communication

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: While Slack is not extra-ordinary, it certainly is reliable. Its quick communication is the most attractive thing about it. If the problems are fixed, then it can do so much better.

Slack is a holistic platform which allows to integrate with other office tools and spaces. The best part about it is that one doesn't have to check their mails often. When your workplace is virtually available on Slack, 24*7 updates are available on a simple notification. With detailed notification settings, one can also choose to appear offline/away after office hours. Another good thing about it is, Slack is neither too personal nor to formal. You can chat/reach out to any member of the company at any time without having to worry if you are disturbing someone or being too informal in doing so. The reminders for meetings and special events eliminate the need to mark them personally on a calendar. All in all, Slack is the ultimate interface every organisation needs.

One of the things that needs improvement is the audio-visual quality of the video call service of Slack. That really needs working. Apart from this, Slack can be a little confusing with many channels that one has to navigate through. Channels are like sub-groups within one common platform. Too many channels can sometimes create confusion and miscommunication. Another problem would be its limitation of working smoothly only on the app. It often runs roughly on Chrome or any other browser.

Ilan
Ilan
Graphic Designer in VS
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Slack Review

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Slack has been a go-to team meeting and chat platform at different positions and also during communal club spaces for organizations, such as the graphic design organization AIGA, which I frequent within my local design community. I haven't had any major issues with it thus far ans can easily recommend it. Being a business-focused chat space it also does not have silly loading messages like Discord which I've also used and which also worked well, but felt a bit unprofessional at times.

Slack is an easy to navigate, light on hardware platform to facilitate teamwork. You won't need a top of the line computer to run it so even in remote work conditions you will reliably have it available. There are not excessive features to get lost in or particular issues finding your team meetings constantly, a code to the overall Slack channel is sufficent. As opposed to other productsused for video conferences such as Zoom, everything is built in on Slack for "one stop shopping" using the program. It allows for image uploads and other useful tools such as split channels for specific tasks like designating a set of crew members to a task in a server,

The user interface is readable but slightly bland with the entire white color scheme. It's not strictly necessary but it can be difficult to only look at that color scheme for when you use it, other programs like Discord have variability.

Mona
Office manager in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

The best option for chat and communication

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: This experience has been very satisfying with minor hiccups.
Slack is the best option for chat and communication in a work environment.
I'm the office manager for a law practice.
I'm handling files that shouldn't be sent through unencrypted SMS or social media, clients won't be happy with us if the entire world finds out they've filed for bankruptcy.
Slack is very similar to those, it's just better structured and more secure to use for work.
It couldn't be more convenient or any easier. I open Slack and I literally have everything in front of me. Tap once or twice and I'm in the right discussion, another tap and I'm looking at my co-workers face to face.

Slack couldn't be easier to use, I had mastered everything in a few minutes. There are several levels of communication. The first is Slack as a whole, then channels or topics, comment threads inside the channels, and direct or private messages. Video conferences or Slack huddles couldn't be easier and they're started and kept within Slack. Audio and Video clips can be sent in place of holding a real time meeting and watched at any time. This is very secure.

If Slack isn't kept in check all of the channels can get overwhelming and hard to keep up with. I have to make sure unused channels get deleted or moved. I think the price is a bit ridiculous and the version you get for free is a huge step down from the Slack pro version. Slack pro is on sale frequently but the promotions usually only last 90 days and can only be used once. The other problem is the messages not being saved. We've all been really irritated with that at some point.

Jared Allen
Data Entry Specialist in Filipijnen
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Generally, experience is very useful and helped in sorting out the group correspondence quite well. Professionals: The best thing about slack is group cooperation and correspondence. The gathering and classifications in view of the subject are very great and help in the isolation of content in light of need. Also, it is very organized and easy to communicate especially in posting in thread.

Slack assists you with talking and communicating with specific individuals and groups inside your association or different associations with Slack rapidly. It likewise allows you to track all that individuals have said about a thought so you can look by catchphrase for a particular thought. I love it. I use it consistently, and you might actually say it's the collective conscience for the association. It's such a ton lighter than an email client, and I want to do my help tickets with different associations with it(honestly, there's likely an application for it out there). This leads me to another incredible point; Slack is perfect for rapidly imparting thoughts and coordinating a few applications. Pretty soon, the association between SF and Slack will improve, I'm certain. Your association needs Slack in the event that it can manage the cost of it. It is priceless for diminishing the time it takes to team up and use aggregate insight.

Allow me to begin by saying you're likely not going to find anything better than Slack. These reactions are enhancements to the item I think ought to be made however are in no way, shape, or form a legitimization for why you shouldn't utilize this. Email is killing your business by making you and your group sit around idly. My one test with any undertaking application is that it can get somewhat hard to figure even to design every one of those settings(email is more awful at this than Slack). I wish that settings were suggested in view of the use of highlights inside the application. Kindly assist me with figuring out how to involve Slack in additional useful ways. Kindly don't make me swim through help articles and directions. All things considered, put the button to switch the setting in a pop-around directly in the center of my work process or in a notice on Slackbot so I can roll out the improvement there and see the reason why it will assist me with being more useful. Warnings are difficult to make due, however, they're getting better at that. Simply realize I'm suffocating and would cherish a component worked in that offered the response to FAQs by utilizing some ML(apps that do this are too costly on the API to be worth the effort). I'm a well-informed authority and get pinged with a lot of DMs and's in channels that basically have similar responses. Assist me with volume so I as a solitary individual can help more individuals. Some something to think about. Also, they

Deneb
Captain Accessible in VS
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

Pretty great way to connect with your team

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I really enjoy using Slack to connect with various groups and individuals I need to interact with both inside and outside of my work organization. Adding additional connections outside of my organization is easy and then gives me access to all work-related communications inside the app I already use for work communications. Very convenient!

It's easy to set up new workspaces, and once they're set up you have an easy way to connect with all the people you work with simply and in either a synchronous or asynchronous way. This is especially helpful when connecting with people from multiple timezones.

Video calls are pretty resource-intensive so it's sometimes hard to do such things as share your screen to demonstrate a problem you're working on. Furthermore, those controls always get in the way of what you're trying to do. It would be nice if they could be minimized into a floating button, or something, that you could move out of the way until you needed them.

Maurice
General Manager in Trinidad en Tobago
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

This App doesn't Slack

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Slack presented me with a simple solution to the communications challenges that come with project and office management. I started using it initially to manage an office, while in my early years of running a small office. We could streamline communications, tag persons who needed to get into a conversation, and we used their threading features to ensure that we could manage different conversations, all at once. That beat the use of Blackberry Messenger which we had been using earlier. When Whatsapp came on the scene, and people suggested we use that, it beat it by far as well. Slack was the best at keeping us on track, and it eventually allowed us to search channels which meant that we could now go back to previous discussions to help to keep track of things. Those two features sold me on the platform. I'll admit, when Microsoft 365 launched Teams, I ventured away from the hallowed halls of Slack, much to the chagrin of many. The thing is, I've passed the stage when I could stomach moving from platform to platform, login to login, bill to bill to assemble the best combination of everything. That aside, one needs to acknowledge that the Microsoft apps aren't the best in most of their fields (except Office), but they are pretty good. In this area, Slack is the best. They may have named it Slack, but they do not Slack at all.

Slack is best-in class for project communications, and keeping your communications on course. They innovated in creating the platform, and while others may do well with one part or the other, they are the real macoy. All others are just trying to copy them.

While their api opens Slack up to combine with other platforms, I really wish they had more native features.

Piotr
QA Automation Engineer in Ierland
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Slack - business communicator for everyone

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I was using Slack in various companies throughout my career and I have to admit it is the best business communicator I was using. Its design is intuitive and incredibly easy to use. During Video Conferencing the video is usually clear, the same as the voice. Messages and updates are delivered immediately. Some useful features like reacting to messages, a three-dot icon indicating that someone is writing, screen drawing during screen-sharing, or custom emotes make communication faster and more personal. There are also, a lot of additional plugins that allow different actions inside the app. Real-time notifications from external tools (like Jenkins), the possibility to create Jira tickets directly from Slack, or reading documents from Google Drive are only some of the options. The application can be tailored to the needs of different companies, so it can handle different tasks depending on the company.
The only flaw I can think of is the fact that Slack can become pricy the more users are using it. Because of that, some firms can seek a cheaper alternative.
All in all, Slack is the best communicator I was working with. Its ease of use with a lot of functionalities made my work communication easier, enjoyable, and more personal than any other tool I was using.

Intuitive design. Easy to use. Great mobile version. A number of features and plugins. Possibilities of customization.

For some smaller companies, the price can be too high.

Álvaro
DevOps Engineer in Spanje
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

The chat app for developer teams that is a pleasure to use, when connection issues don't bother you.

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Slack is the de facto chat app for developer teams. Although with some rough edges here and there, with Slack we were able to easily integrate existing and custom solutions that helped us better keep track of what is happening in the team and with the projects. Huddles are also a great way to communicate, as we were able to talk with the team any time, making our workflow and sharing experiences easy.

The interface is easy to use. Everything is laid out in 2 to 3 columns: the sidebar with all the channels and contacts, the main chat column and an optional third column for viewing threads. This way, you can always focus on what you/other are trying to tell. The message box is a pleasure to use, as it allows writing formatted messages easily; and sharing files is as easy as drag and drop. Threads, although I was a bit against it at first, help branch some conversations so you or your team can add details without breaking the main conversation. Huddles are also a great way to real time communication. They allow teams to communicate easily, like we were in a room in the same place, where anyone can join and leave at any time, without depending on others. Finally, the API is powerful. Although a bit complex at times, integrating custom apps and workflows allows expanding the knowledge of the team at any given point in time greatly. Also, the music that plays when waiting alone in a huddle is a good bonus.

Communicating outside messages is a little bit confusing sometimes. Slack has two features, huddles and calls. Huddles are for quick audio communication while calls are regular calls with video support. Both (sometimes) do their job well, however, it is confusing when to use one or another, as both have overlapping features but implemented in different ways. Connection to Slack servers are also an issue. Calls suddenly drop or audio lags heavily, messages take a lot of time to send, and the macOS version sometimes hangs without response, forcing the user to forcefully exit. Finally, forwarding and sharing messages with other teammates is sometimes complex, as there are two ways to do this, and both don't work when you expected to.