Filteren op:

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Resource Guru

Webgebaseerde app voor personeelsplanning met verlofbeheer, persoonlijke dashboards, conflictenbeheer, teamoverzicht en samenwerking.

Meer informatie over Resource Guru

350 reviews worden weergegeven

Myroslav P.
Myroslav P.
Integration Services Manager
Bouw, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-2-2020

"Simple and very easy to use resource scheduling\tracking app."

Opmerkingen: Resource Guru is a great resource scheduling application for a simple use cases. It does what it promises perfectly. The UI is very friendly and pleasant - make for a great user experience. I used it to track the tasks for my team for almost a year. I would have kept using it but the company mandated a different tracking system and I had to abandon it. I like that Resource Guru'a focus on their product and customer service. I also appreciated the slow introduction of new features. Overall, very pleasant and satisfactory experience with a great application.

Pluspunten: - Ease of use
- Very pleasant UI
- Flexibility

Minpunten: - Lack of features. The application does the simple scheduling\tracking perfectly though.
- Copy\paste of resource tasks was not available at the time

Overwogen alternatieven: Hub Planner en Float

Redenen om over te stappen op Resource Guru: The balance of features, ease-of-use, UI and the price.

• Beoordeeld op 3-2-2020
Bill O.
CTO
Olie en energie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-4-2021

"Simple and to the point - Resource Gu does the one thing we need most, and it does it extremely well"

Opmerkingen: It has been a significant enhancement o our workflow. Our prior use of our CRM system to do what Resource Guru does was costing us at least a full day per week. Now we get it all done in an hour our tow.

Pluspunten: Simplicity and focus. Resource Guru solves one problem, a problem that is key to our business - which is project resource assignment and scheduling. It does it quickly, and easily. Our prior tool required us to understand a complex CRM system with multiple interrelated functions. Resource Guru gives us the availability, assignment and schedule tools we need to deliver our projects without needless overhead.

Minpunten: I would like more user defined fields when we assign a resource to a project. We assign a project sales phase type to each project, and we assign an individual billing rate to each resource, which can be different for each day of the project. We currently do that using a strict taxonomy in the "Notes" field and them use an Excel macro to parse that information out for sales and revue forecasting. While this doe take a bit of management and programming magic - it is still orders fo magnitude less complicated that it was previously when we managed this data in our CRM system. Having those filed would just make our lives all that much simpler.

• Beoordeeld op 26-4-2021
Enterprise Resilience Officer
Financiële dienstverlening, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-8-2021

"An option for time, cost, manhour management for small-medium scope"

Opmerkingen: Generally no issue if the scope is small to medium. larger scope requiring links to many other apps may take time to sync.

Pluspunten: Intuitively easy to use, good usage of colors to present a quick glance of resource versus objectives deliverables

Minpunten: Integration with existing calendars, tools may not be smooth and sometimes not synced.

Overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft Teams, Trello en monday.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Resource Guru: Good usage of colors to present information quickly

Hi there

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :)

I wanted to let you know that our calendar sync feature is currently a one way sync, but we do have firm plans to support 2 way syncing in the future. Once 2 way syncing is released, you should find it easy to keep external calendar events synced in Resource Guru. Can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

I hope this comes as good news! If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll be very happy to help.

• Beoordeeld op 20-8-2021
Business analyst
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers
  • Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 8-7-2019

"Glorified spreadsheet"

Opmerkingen: Causes more problems than it solves. We used to use a spreadsheet, it was much better than this.

Pluspunten: Nothing at all. It has no redeeming qualities.

Minpunten: Allows you to book time without tasks. When asked to change this was told couldn't because some companies want that function, ie it isn't an option as it should be. The drop downs are fiddle and make it easy to select a blank, but doesn't warn you. Can't toggle between scrolling list and typing to search without cl king out of area. You have a set number of hours per day you need to book but it doesn't highlight those that are short- you have to hover to see remaining time but that function doesn't work properly, resulting in multiple clicks to get it to trigger. Colour by project doesn't actually do it, I'm on 6 projects yet only see 2 colours. Can push to calendar but not pull- useless function as meetings are booked in calendar to allow invites, you want guru to pull that data in to autofill. Though it is web based it is impossible to use on a mobile. The popups are always off screen, making it impossible to use - mobile friendly websites have been around for a very long time, lazy to not have it here, particularly as would allow people who are on the road to log their time on he go. Not worth the hassle even if free.

• Bron: GetApp
  • Beoordeeld op 8-7-2019
Nia W.
Head of Production
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-6-2021

"Changed my working life!"

Pluspunten: This software is very easy to use and manage. it's easy on the eye and there's nothing complicated about it :)

Minpunten: I like everything about it, I can't fault it at all.

• Beoordeeld op 30-6-2021
Pj S.
Industrial Automation Operations Leader
Industriële automatisering, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-1-2021

"Clean, easy to use software with lots of room for growth"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Resource Guru has been a welcome addition to our operational process. I have thoroughly enjoyed using the software so far and it has certainly made things easier on myself and my team. Although I have a long list of things I think the software can improve on, I hope to work with the development team to open a dialogue on these additions. I know that our application for the software may be unique, but I'm sure the developments will be appreciated by others as well.

Pluspunten: Resource Guru is a very clean-looking software that provides an ease of use unlike I've seen in other products. No training was required to bring my team online with the software, much of it is intuitive. I appreciate the professional look and feel as well as the simplistic interface. Filtering is something that is crucial to our business, and while I love the functionality of it there is definitely room for improvement. Through implementing small workarounds we were able to bring this software online for a team of over 100 field service engineers with very short turnaround (less than three weeks of overlap between the old software and Resource Guru).

Minpunten: While Resource Guru provides a clean and simple software, at times I find it too simple. There are some features that are built in some places but not others. For example I have the option of custom tags for filtering Resources. I can build out a filter for region, city, desired schedule, skillets, or even favorite food if I want to. However, none of this applies to Projects. I would love to be able to filter projects by region, city, state, or custom tags like skillset and software required. It seems to me that the exact same functionality could be copied and pasted over to Projects. There are other minor tweaks to be made, like exiting a window. Sometimes I am met with an "are you sure you want to exit" window because I'm currently editing something, but more often than not I am allowed to simply click outside the window or hit escape and all of the editing in progress is lost. Furthermore, it would be nice to be able to input repeating holidays or events. For example, New Year's Day is always on January 1st. Why do I have to scroll forward and manually input this holiday every year? It would be great to just set it and forget it. Another addition I would love to see is the ability to mark jobs/projects as tentative or unconfirmed. This could be in the form of a checkbox that adds a gradient to the job so it looks different than the rest. Something simple to differentiate it from confirmed projects is all I'm looking for.

Overwogen alternatieven: Resource Management

Redenen om voor Resource Guru te kiezen: Resource Guru offers a more professional looking service with the ability for our field engineers to sync their schedule to their own calendar service.

Overgestapt van: Google Sheets

• Beoordeeld op 25-1-2021
Isabella H.
Traffic coordinator
Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-11-2019

"Extremely handy software, easy to use, visibly appealing, great to manage and schedule."

Opmerkingen: Positive, I do enjoy managing RG for our company. My company want us to migrate and start using the schedule planned for Office 365, but I had to push back and explain that this software is up to date, already does everything we need it too and Office 365 still has a long way to go before we can use it for what we want. It's safe to stick with RG that we know how to work, we know what it does and what i can't do and it works, no need to change something that isnt broken.

Pluspunten: I like the appearance of the software - its clear, self explanatory, easy to navigate, see the bigger picture to jiggle schedule resource about, etc. I like how easy and quickly the support team are there to assist when needed. I like how it shows you who has booked what and the daily reminders via email of what is coming up, etc.

Minpunten: It isn't a negative but I would like to have a scheduling log, to see at what time and date did someone book a slot onto the schedule. I manage the Creative Studio, depending how many campaigns and the urgency in hitting these deadlines, I need to keep track of the entire departments availability, knowing when i can move things around in order to deliver last min projects. Only myself should have booking access, but I currently share it with Creative Directors, so they can schedule in my absence, but I can't see when they have booked them in so i can keep track. Is this something you could implement, please? Thanks,

Overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft 365

Redenen om over te stappen op Resource Guru: Office 365 is still a very new software that requires lots of updates and features adding to it, that yourselves already provide.

van Resource Guru op 27-11-2019

Hi Isabella

Thanks for the great review - I'm so pleased to hear that you're enjoying Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that an activity log is very firmly on our roadmap, and I've made a note to contact you as soon as this is available. You can also keep up to date with new features by signing up to our Newsletter at the bottom of our homepage - https://resourceguruapp.com/

I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do for you :)

• Beoordeeld op 25-11-2019
Russ U.
Manager, Project & Technical Implementations
Medische apparatuur, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 1-3-2021

"Awesome Tool for Resource Management"

Opmerkingen: We moved from a home-grown Excel sheet to Resource Guru and it has made a HUGE improvement in employee satisfaction, clarity of assignments, and projecting resource constraints and availability.

Pluspunten: Easy to use! Straight-forward user interface.

Minpunten: I would love to see an easy way to see date/time of when an entry was placed on the schedule and who placed it there. It would be nice to have an "audit" trail of what changed, when, and by whom.

van Resource Guru op 3-3-2021

Hi Russ

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) We don't currently support a timesheets feature, but this is firmly on our roadmap for the future.
In the meantime you might be able to create your own DIY activity log by sending changes in your account to a spreadsheet using Zapier. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

• Beoordeeld op 1-3-2021
Ross O.
Director of Solution Delivery
Olie en energie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-1-2021

"Daily Resource Guru user"

Opmerkingen: As mentioned above, the web based ease of use and reporting functionality make Resource Guru a trusted tool for maintaining and tracking our resource based projects. Highly recommend!

Pluspunten: My company chose Resource Guru because of the web based interface. We've stayed for the ease of use and robust reporting functionality. We are able to extract daily, monthly, and yearly (or custom) reports and easily create Excel pivot tables for internal analyzing. This feature alone is extremely beneficial to our company.

Minpunten: No dark theme. It's only a minor thing but would really like to see the quality of life feature added to future versions.

• Beoordeeld op 28-1-2021
Ben F.
Principal
Milieudiensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-4-2021

"Great resourcing software. So easy to use."

Opmerkingen: Has helped immensely with staff resourcing and maximising utilisation.

Pluspunten: The visual interface and ease to move (drag and drop) staff bookings around.

Minpunten: Not having a search feature within Projects field.

van Resource Guru op 29-4-2021

Hi Ben
Thanks for sharing your feedback :) We do have plans to let you reorder your projects in future, but I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate release date for this just yet. In the meantime, you could put numbers at the start of your projects names in order to group them on the schedule.

Please don't be a stranger if there's anything else we can do to help :)

• Beoordeeld op 22-4-2021
Marc H.
VP, Director of Operations and Project Management
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-11-2019

"Kudos"

Opmerkingen: As a small, but growing organization, we were having trouble measuring how our creative resources were being allocated. Resource Guru quickly solved that problem.

Pluspunten: The software was very easy to implement and even easier to use. The reports page provides a great, visual presentation of our creative department's utilization for the week. Until we started using the software, we were unable to track enough data to inform a successful creative resource meeting. Now we have visibility into the upcoming weeks which has significantly decreased our dependence on freelance talent.

Minpunten: The waiting list and overtime feature can be a little confusing. The hours don't get added to resource bookings and increase the utilization percentage. It would be great if the overtime hours pushed the utilization percentage over 100% to clearly highlight over-allocated resources.

Overwogen alternatieven: Smartsheet en Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Resource Guru: Using Excel and Smartsheet required too much effort and the Project Managers would not be able to effectively track changes in resource allocations.

van Resource Guru op 11-11-2019

Hi Marc

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! I just wanted to touch base on your request for utilisation to show at more than 100%. It's not possible to book someone for more than 100% of their time - our booking clash warning system prevents this to help ensure you always meet your deadlines, and without burning out your team. But if you want to overbook resources, you can do this by adding bookings with overtime, and overtime hours will be itemised in the "Overtime" column on the Reports, so it's easy to see where your team are overstretched.

I hope this helps to clarify things but please let us know if you ever have any questions - we're always very happy to help!

• Beoordeeld op 10-11-2019
Leticia M.
Queen Pixie
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019

"Resource Guru has been a game-changer for us"

Opmerkingen: I love Resource Guru. It's the only thing that's shifted our capacity management into a new gear. By which I mean: No more trying to manage everything from a single calendar, complete visibility over workflow and appointments, and the ability to see at a glance how much time is available on any given day.

Pluspunten: 1. It doesn't try to do anything other than what it's best for
2. Calendar sync
3. Cost-effectiveness
4. Responsiveness of the support team (including on UX suggestions! Amazing.)
5. The little guru on the dashboard. Yeah it's cosmetic but it makes me feel good every time I log in.
6. Easy to set up and use.

Minpunten: The only things I really dislike a cosmetic and non-fatal. They are:
1. The inability to hit a "today" button to go back to today's date, and the thin scrollbars right and left
2. The fact that I have to literally click and drag events to create instances on non-consecutive days, rather than selecting dates.

Overwogen alternatieven: ClickTime, Basecamp en Smartsheet

Redenen om voor Resource Guru te kiezen: It's just ineffective to manage capacity in a calendar OR a spreadsheet (which is what we were doing previously).

Redenen om over te stappen op Resource Guru: Everything else is not just resource specific. Resource Guru is (ref comment about it just doing ONE thing and doing it extremely well). Plus the cost. Resource Guru is incredibly cost-effective for a micro team like ours, which runs almost entirely on subcontractors.

van Resource Guru op 26-9-2019

Hi Leticia

Thanks for the great feedback :) I hope you'll be pleased to learn that we definitely do have a "Today" button which takes you straight back to today's date. It's in the top left of the schedule, next to where you navigate between different months and years.

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you please just let us know.

Nancy E.
Location Manager
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-7-2019

"Resource Guru Review"

Opmerkingen: Everyone has access to the schedule so each developer or designer not only knows what they're supposed to be working on, but what others are working on. We can schedule months into the future which helps us as we have projects that last months, not weeks.

Pluspunten: It's easy to use. Everyone can see what's on the schedule or what they are supposed to be working on. I can see how long a project is in our production queue to ascertain when we'll be finished. I can schedule vacations so others know which resources are available on which date.

Minpunten: The times are sometimes not correct. It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long, instead of eight. It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day. It's easiest to assign a project for the whole day.

van Resource Guru op 25-7-2019

Hi Nancy - thanks for your review. I just wanted to question a couple of things you wrote in the Cons section. You said the times are sometimes not correct - I'd love it if you can send us an example so we can troubleshoot it for you - we are not aware of this happening to any of our customers.

You also said, "It seems to think a work day is twelve hours long". I'm not sure where you see this info - it would be good to assist you further with this. By default a day is 8h long, but Normal Availability is totally customisable at a resource level - this is actually a feature we have that other products we've reviewed don't.

Finally you said, "It's hard to schedule several projects in the same day". Again, this is a limitation we found in other products which is why we made it easy to create as many bookings as you liked in a day - to a very granular level eg for as little as 1 minute.

Would love to hear from you ..

Best, Percy

• Beoordeeld op 17-7-2019
Jon M.
Senikor Director PMO
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-11-2019

"Useful too for transparency across teams"

Opmerkingen: Any questions I had were answered clearly and quickly. They are very accommodating and the tool has improved over the last 6 months as well. It has helped us streamline utilization and project assignments.

Pluspunten: I love how easy it is to see a view of availability across multiple team members at the same time. I love the ability to color coordinate projects for an easy view of some major projects across multiple team members. Also easy to allow others permission to log in and see their utilization as well.

Minpunten: I have to manually enter in recurring meetings. I have not mastered an easy way to automate getting our clients and projects into the tool. would be good to multi select projects as well to get them closed or cleaned up.

Overwogen alternatieven: Saviom

Redenen om over te stappen op Resource Guru: Chose Guru for the cost and ease of use and setup.

van Resource Guru op 22-11-2019

Hi Jon

Thanks for sharing your feedback - it's great to see you've given us 5 stars! You said you would like to import projects, and I wanted to let you know you can do this quickly using our Zapier integration, as shown here: https://blog.resourceguruapp.com/importing-projects-into-resource-guru-using-zapier/

I also wanted to mention that bulk editing and non-sequential repeat booking (i.e. a booking that repeats weekly/monthly) is very firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime you can use SHIFT+drag to copy bookings :)

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know.

• Beoordeeld op 21-11-2019
Jeremie B.
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-8-2021

"The best stand alone solution for resource management"

Opmerkingen: We're using ResourceGuru for weekly planing, when we plan the up-coming week for every creative and strategy members. And every day, through a short stand-up meeting, we review the daily plan of everyone to make sure everything is clear. Thanks to the simplicity of the UI we can easily replan on the fly in case of project changes.

Pluspunten: UX is awesome
Simplicity of the solution.

Minpunten: The one-side only integration with Google Calendar. If we plan meeting in people's calendar, ideally it populates ResourceGuru (and would place it in queue in case of conflict/overtime). The integration with other software, like Harvest, is inexistent, isn't it?

Hi Jeremie

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that 2-way calendar syncing is very firmly on our roadmap, so can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news :)

When it comes to integrations with other tools, there are a couple of ways you can go about this. We have a 2 way REST style API which you can use if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation just here https://resourceguruapp.com/docs/api. We also have a Zapier integration which lets you quickly connect Resource Guru with 3,000+ other tools, without the need for any programming skills. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

Please let us know if we can help further :)

Sonia P.
Sonia P.
Production Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019

"Easy to use high level planning tool"

Opmerkingen: Resource Guru allows our company to do long-term high level planning of resource utilisation and provide a guide lead time for sales teams.

Pluspunten: I've been using Resource Guru since 2013 and it's constantly improving which is good to see. It's easy to use and provides decent reporting.

Minpunten: I'd like to see public holidays auto populated according to a country of choice and ability to limit daily bookable hours just by a number (e.g. 7.5h) without setting a rigid start / end / lunch break.

Overwogen alternatieven: Asana

Overgestapt van: Google Docs

Timothy L.
Assistant Operations Manager
Mediaproductie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-8-2021

"Intuitive and efficient resource management software"

Pluspunten: The best part about Resource Guru is the reporting system. Given how fuss-free the management tools are to use, the reporting system is the proverbial icing on the cake, as it aggregates all your available data in one easy to use panel. Not to mention, it is so intuitive to use and has such a remarkably low barrier to entry, that I onboarded all my team managers in a single day, and have never looked back.

Minpunten: Some parts of the UI look a bit dated, like the "adding resources" panel, but it's honestly not a big deal because you only use it once when adding your resources, and hardly touch it ever again. Other than that, changing the default working hours is a bit tedious, but again - do it once and you never need to adjust it again.

Overwogen alternatieven: Basecamp, monday.com en Float

Hi Timothy

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that we have some enhancements planned for the Resources section, which I hope you'll be pleased to see when they're released!

If you have any other questions or feedback at any point, please don't be a stranger. We love to help and we're always keen to hear any feedback.

Thanks!

Simon L.
Junior Art Director
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-4-2021

"Competent Scheduling Software"

Opmerkingen: Our team has used Resource Guru for years now and it's been very useful in helping both project management and the rest of the company know what needs to be done.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and visually clean scheduling and time management software. Very flexible and fast to load.

Minpunten: It would be nice if there was an integrated way to track working hours to a database for writing invoices. It's the reason we'll sadly be switching to a different software in the future.

van Resource Guru op 29-4-2021

Hi Simon

Thanks for sharing your feedback :) I'm pleased to say that a dedicated timesheets feature is firmly on our roadmap for the future, but I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate release date for this just yet. We're busy working on some higher priority features right now so it's unlikely to be available soon, but I'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as there is any news on it.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help please just let me know.

• Beoordeeld op 6-4-2021
Simon M.
Consultancy Manager
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-9-2019

"Couldn't run the team without it"

Opmerkingen: Excellent. All our interactions with the team have been fast and successful. They clearly love the product and the work they do.

Pluspunten: It's fast and intuitive and I am able to see at a glance and report on all of my team's​ assignments and accurately schedule all their time.

Minpunten: Reporting aspect. Stock reports are good, but would like to be able to drag them into a platform like PowerBI. Potentially via scheduled export to CSV or similar. Would also like some more customisation​ such as more leave types and an option to backup and restore information. Finally, audit tracking - who made what change.

Overwogen alternatieven: eResource Scheduler en Microsoft Teams

Redenen om voor Resource Guru te kiezen: The tool was only good for scheduling large blocks of time, was slow and cumbersome. This tool is much more dynamic.

Redenen om over te stappen op Resource Guru: Exact functionality match to requirements. Originally bought for my team​ only, but quickly expanded to the whole department.

Spencer A.
Project Geotechnical Engineer
Civiele techniek, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-2-2020

"Great scheduling app for teams"

Opmerkingen: We have a team of 15+ individuals who all have different work/ vacation schedules, commitment levels, and weekly to daily workloads. We use ResourceGuru to organize all of this information into a simple, clean format that is easy to read and quick to update. The main component that we use every week is tracking team member's availability to take on more work (or if they're overloaded and need help). We accomplish this by using the "clients" toggle field, which we set up with levels of availability (Available, Partly Busy, Mostly Busy, and Fully Booked) with colors associated with them (green to red). That way, in one glance, we can see who needs work, and who has too much and could use some help. It's a bit of a work-around, but RG is by far the best platform we've found to accomplish this simple task.

Pluspunten: The user interface is very intuitive and it is easy to scroll through the entire team's schedule for the week.

Minpunten: The cost is considerable, but if your team needs something beyond Outlook calendar to view everyone's schedules in one place, it's a great option for that. I wish there was more compatibility between our Outlook calendars and RG though. Often it feels like we need to have duplicate information in both places.

van Resource Guru op 25-2-2020

Hi Spencer

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to check in to make sure you knew about the availability bars? It sounds like you're using a workaround to highlight when people are available, but the availability bars will give you excellent visibility of when each of your resources has availability, right there on the schedule. You can learn about using them here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

I hope this helps! If you have any questions at any point please don't be a stranger - we're always very keen to help.

• Beoordeeld op 24-2-2020
Andrew F.
Principal Engineer
Olie en energie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-8-2021

"Controlling a dispersed team"

Opmerkingen: Very satisfied; all of the resources in one place is a godsend!

Pluspunten: I can see at a glance where all of my team are currently deployed and where they will be in the coming weeks. Free space is easy to see at a glance.

Minpunten: I have to add and remove resources quite often and the adding / removing process is a bit cumbersome. It would be nice to be able to grey out people / minimise them when you don't want to see them and them re-add them later with a simple, single click.

Hi Andrew

Thanks for leaving your review of Resource Guru! I'm very pleased to say that you can indeed remove people and quickly add them again later if you need to schedule them in the future. We call this archiving, and you can see how to archive a resource just here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942109-archiving-resources. You might also be glad to hear that archived resources are free!

A little tip if you haven't yet discovered it; you can also hide people who aren't bookable, which is useful for people like managers and non-scheduled employees. You can learn about this here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/4621846-hide-people-who-aren-t-bookable

• Beoordeeld op 17-8-2021
Markus S.
Head of Software Development
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019

"Ou daily challange for organising and planning multiple teams and projects"

Opmerkingen: As already written before, we are managing several teams and projects with the tool. It is our main tool, to organise the day to day work and do long term planning. We build an interface into our financial tools, to have an automated process to align budgets with the planning!

Pluspunten: We like the easy to use approach and the overall visibility
Very important is the cooperation and management of a single resource with multiple people. To reduce the risk of double bookings or gaps...

Minpunten: There is very little what is not optimal. We are happy that overtime is possible now... but maybe a bit more reporting functionality would be good.. not as "extracts" more online! and if I could whish for something, the integration into JIRA is something we would need!

van Resource Guru op 10-12-2019

Hi Markus

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can quickly and easily connect Resource Guru with Jira using our Zapier integration, and you don't need any programming skills to do this :) You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app And you can find the Resource Guru/Jira specific integration page just here: https://zapier.com/apps/jira/integrations/resource-guru

Alternatively we also offer an API which you can use to create an integration if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

• Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019
Lara H.
Senior conceptual Creative designer
Marketing en reclame, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-11-2019

"Review from a user perspective"

Opmerkingen: Resource guru has been a bit of a god send as both a user checking when you're scheduled in for work but also as an admin to have big visibility of what everyone is working on and when.

Pluspunten: Scheduling is really easy to do on the web version, I can book, amend or cancel resource in a matter of moments and easily drop and drag to move things around.

Minpunten: The mobile version on web browser can be a little clunky, it would be good to have an app version to make checking scheduling on the go (whilst at external meetings etc) easier to use, the same for booking resource on the go, its almost impossible to do so on mobile

van Resource Guru op 28-11-2019

Hi Lara

Thanks for leaving a review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that the new schedule is mobile optimised, so you should now have a much better experience when using Resource Guru on a mobile in browser.

We do have plans to release dedicated mobile apps in future, so keep your eyes peeled for further updates :)

• Beoordeeld op 27-11-2019
Elom G.
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020

"Resource Guru - RMT"

Opmerkingen: We are trying to ensure all jobs have been staffed. Jobs may have from 1 to 3 people with different experience levels. So far we've staffed the jobs, however we're unable to determine who's overloaded and who isn't.

Pluspunten: Ease of scheduling and color coding to identify the job owner.

Minpunten: Differentiating between confirmed file and unconfirmed files;
Unable to sort resources by experience level
Unable to view staff capacity in one shot - We didn't sign up for reports so that may likely be the reason.
Unable to color code by client and also by booker

van Resource Guru op 13-2-2020

Hi Elom

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can use custom fields to filter your resources by experience. Here's a walkthrough you might find useful: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942075-using-custom-fields-to-categorize-resources-by-skills-department-and-more

When it comes to tracking utilisation and capacity, this is all done in the Reports section so you'd need to upgrade to the Blackbelt or Master plan in order to access this information. You can learn more about what the reports have to offer here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/collections/38289-reports

Finally, you can definitely color your bookings by Client or Booker, as well as by Project :) You'll find a walkthrough on using colors here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942102-using-colors

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out :)

• Beoordeeld op 11-2-2020
Glenn K.
Project Coordinator
Civiele techniek, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-6-2021

"Fantastic Tool"

Opmerkingen: It's just great. It's made my role so much easier.

Pluspunten: The ease of use. It's helped me create buy-in among other departments internally with regards to schedule-driven process, whilst enabling everyone to maintain a proactive view on our resourcing capabilities (which ultimately informs everything else from our commercial functions, employment plans, etc).

Minpunten: I'd maybe tidy-up the 'Project' and 'Clients' tabs a little bit. Maybe introduce some filters to help you search for groups of each? That's about my only complaint, and it's not a big one by any means.

van Resource Guru op 15-6-2021

Hi Glenn

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! It's great to hear that Resource Guru has made your role so much easier :)

I wanted to let you know that we have firm plans to release filtering in the Projects/Clients sections in future, so I'd recommend signing up to our newsletter in the footer of our homepage (https://resourceguruapp.com/) if you haven't already. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

I hope this helps :) Please don't be a stranger if you have any other questions or feedback at any point.

Thanks!