Filteren op:

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Smokeball

Smokeball biedt complete cloudgebaseerde productiviteitssoftware voor juristen, gebouwd voor pc's. Beheer je personeel en je hele bedrijf op één plek.

Meer informatie over Smokeball

181 reviews worden weergegeven

Brooke A.
Brooke A.
Partner

"I Love Smokeball"

Pluspunten: I love Smokeballs features. The document automation saves me time and headache with formatting. The integration features make sure that nothing I do is missing in the client files. The cases are always complete. the ease of integration for the products that I use is excellent and seamless. The time tracking capabilities help make sure that I don't miss a billable.

Minpunten: They recently updated the mobile software so it is more difficult to use on a tablet or my phone.

Furqan M.
Furqan M.
Partner
  • Beoordeeld op 29-11-2020

"SmallLaw Review"

Opmerkingen: Overall, an excellent software and definitely worth considering for your law firm, especially if you handle real estate transactions.

Pluspunten: 1. Smokeball is an "everything" platform. We realized we were only using the other softwares for billing/invoicing, but found little use for them otherwise. Smokeball, on the other hand, is much more versatile. We track our to-dos there, create workflows, assign tasks/projects to others at the firm (it avoids the back-and-forth internal emails), share our draft documents with client through a secure portal, and much more! 2. If you are a real estate transactions law firm (as we are), Smokeball is the only platform specifically designed for that practice area. We love that it automatically calendars deadlines, has templates built in, and otherwise automates much of the closing process for us (and avoids costly mistakes such as missing a deadline).

Minpunten: 1. Cost (yup, it's one of the more expensive options you'll find out there). But when evaluating options, the thought process should be whether you will save some time by implementing the features of the software. And if so, a few extra bucks monthly is well worth it. 2. A little glitchy at times. We sometimes would create an invoice but would not be able to load it or send to a client until the next day. I have no idea why this happens, though it hasnt been a big issue for us. 3. Requires you to invest a lot of time to set up to automate your documents and learn how to modify them as you go. But, again, it is time well spent.

• Beoordeeld op 29-11-2020
Lee P.
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019

"Smokeball does not have legal forms as advertised; and does not interact with G calendar"

Opmerkingen: I foolishly jumped in and signed up for a one-year deal with Smokeball. After I explained the shortcomings of their product and my need to buy additional software to make their software work, I asked to be released from my one year contract. Somkeball denied the request. I would strongly look for a product that is less expensive and has some type of money back guarantee.

Pluspunten: The staff is friendly and tries to assist.

Minpunten: I bought the software for the forms library that you could use in your practice. I am a small practitioner in Oklahoma. However, the forms library for Oklahoma, and most states, is non-existent. Smokeball costs more than other practice software packages. I purchased it for these forms, but had to buy forms elsewhere. Smokeball does not interact with Google products including Google calendar even with work-arounds. My work was all automated through Google calendar. I worked with trying to use the work-around recommended, but none worked. To use Smokeball, I would have had to buy additional soft-ware. This made the one stop shop advertised by Smokeball not work for me at all.

van Smokeball op 15-1-2020

I'm incredibly sorry to hear this, but want to clarify two points for any likeminded readers here:

(1) It is true that we have more forms in some states than others. That's due to how many active users we have in each state; obviously as we grow in some states we add more forms. When users, say in Oklahoma, sign up and see that they need more forms, they can request that our dedicated Content team pull public forms and load them directly into Smokeball for all users to access.

(2) It is true that we currently don't have direct integration with the Google suite. We do, however, integrate directly with MS Office products like Outlook and Word. Our Sales people in charge of demos should make this absolutely clear in initial conversations, and we will ensure that they continue to do so for all future consultations.

• Beoordeeld op 21-2-2019
Sandra E.
  • Beoordeeld op 30-11-2020

"Best practice management software!"

Opmerkingen: Our firm literally cannot work without Smokeball. I am not exaggerating one bit when I tell you that it is as essential to our practice as air. When the pandemic began, other lawyers were struggling to figure out how to work from home. Luckily for us, Smokeball is everywhere we are. With help from Smokeball's cloud-based system, we were able to transition to working from home very quickly and easily. Thanks to Smokeball's features -- file notes, memos, timeline, phone messages, email tracking, and activity tracking -- it is easier than ever for multiple staff members to collaborate on a file even though they are not physically in the same space. The integration with InfoTrack/Docusign means that we obtain client signatures without even leaving our desks. And the document automation and contact database make working much easier and more productive in general! I highly recommend Smokeball to any small law firm.

Pluspunten: Email tracking, file notes/timeline. These features make it so much easier for two or more people to collaborate on a file!

Minpunten: I wish that "to-do" tasks in the system would auto-delete if a matter is canceled or closed.

Sarah O.
Sarah O.
Founding Attorney
  • Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

"Allows for easy systemization saves time increased profit"

Opmerkingen: Smokeball is an excellent system that has allowed me to streamline my Estate Planning and Elder Law practice. They systems I have put in place through smokeball have allowed me to increase profit in each practice area. And my team can sleep well at night knowing things won't get missed or fall through the cracks.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, easy to implement. Customer service is excellent they are always willing to improve their product and help with issues and questions. We have systemized every practice area so we don't forget steps and can sleep at night knowing the system has our back.

Minpunten: hybrid cloud and desktop was helpful in the beginning. It is nice to work when not online, however it slows the system a little and going completely cloud based would probably remedy that issue.

Karen R.
Office Manager/Paralegal
  • Beoordeeld op 1-12-2020

"Great Software for small law firms"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Smokeball is a great program for large and small law firms. The ability to integrate e-mail, Word and Adobe is way better than the program we used to have, and the layout and organization is wonderful.

Pluspunten: I love the ease of use and the ability to always have access to documents even after they are deleted. Nothing is ever lost. I also like the ease of converting documents to .pdf for filing with the court.

Minpunten: The biggest drawback for me is the inability to customize containers for info that we would use in our office setting. The information containers are set by the developer and even though we have input on what we would like to see, they do not always implement our suggestions because it would not be used widely by other users.

• Beoordeeld op 1-12-2020
Jessica F.
Jessica F.
office manager
  • Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

"The BEST software for small firms"

Opmerkingen: We have two offices that are 200 miles apart, so the Communicate and Task features help us stay connected and working as a team. Our efficiency has grown, as well as the ability to keep up with retainer replenishments.

Pluspunten: Smokeball is the best case management and billing software I've used during my 6 years as a paralegal. I am with a small firm, and my time is extremely important, so the AutoTime feature is my absolutely favorite part about Smokeball. It has saved me countless hours on billing.

Minpunten: The mobile app does not track your time, so we don't use it often. We have been told that Smokeball is working on that feature.

Letisha L.
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Excellent product!"

Opmerkingen: Implementation was super smooth and the support people are so responsive and helpful. It's amazing!

Pluspunten: Smokeball is great because of it's auto document generation, billing integration, calendaring and tasking system, calendar integration, email integration, document version tracking, and work flow set ups.

Minpunten: The cost is high but that's really to be expected with how much you are getting out of this software.

Nancy P.
Founding Member
  • Beoordeeld op 18-5-2021

"It has been a god-send."

Opmerkingen: We have had a great experience with Smokeball thus far.

Pluspunten: The feature that instigated our interest in Smokeball, and that keeps us loving the product, is the automatic time tracking feature. I'd literally been complaining for years that no one had figured out how to do this, and then we found Smokeball! So glad there are smart folks thinking through how a lawyer's practice, time keeping and billing can be streamlined.

Minpunten: I wish the billing system was integrated as part of the software instead of being separate (online).

Patricia V.
Patricia V.
Attorney at Law
  • Beoordeeld op 18-5-2021

"So happy I made the switch"

Opmerkingen: They made it easy to migrate from our other system despite the lack of cooperation from Abacus. They train the staff and make sure that we are aware of all features. Our productivity has increased significantly since leaving Abacus.

Pluspunten: It automatically tracks your time and gives you time report through email. It is easy to link to your emails in the matters. You are able to customize workflows and documents. It integrates with Zoom and ring central. I am so happy that I changed to Smokeball

Minpunten: No cons to date. This product is easy to use and easy to learn. They are responsive when we have questions about the product.

Richard M.
Attorney / Member
  • Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

"Great organziation for a small legal practice"

Opmerkingen: A very positive experience. After dealing with another practice management suite from one of the large, uncaring legal publishing companies, it is a breath of fresh air to be able to work with people who are responsive to and care about our needs and how we work rather than how they want to force us to work.

Pluspunten: Being able to corral the mountains of emails and documents that pass back and forth in a legal transaction is great.

Minpunten: At times, the online nature of the software means you are waiting a few heartbeats for a page to load up. It is not unbearable.

Gitanjali D.
Managing member
  • Beoordeeld op 19-3-2020

"Financing Scam"

Opmerkingen: They appear to have changed their business model from one that provides software to once that makes money off "lending money." The first account managers were amazing. Once we transferred all of our stuff and got used to the software. They started asking us for 3-5 year contracts paid up front with personal guarantors under the guise of them having to finance the contract. In other words even if you stop using their service you will personally have to still keep paying. They appear to have changed their business model from one that provides software to once that makes money off "lending money." Beware. I would stay away especially if you are a small firm.

Pluspunten: User interface, Ease of Use, Accessibility

Minpunten: Customer support is lacking. Incompatible with VPN and other security software. They seem unconcerned about security issues that result. Fixing invoices is problematic.

van Smokeball op 24-3-2020

Thanks for being a client and leaving a review, Deb. Obviously hearing anything fall through the cracks is difficult to hear, and we'd love to work with you offline to regain your confidence.

Until then, though, I can clear up your two primary concerns:

(1) Security is our #1 priority. It's why all of our software, migrations, and transactions surpass bank-level security. Our secure AWS cloud servers ensure continuity and access without sacrificing data security. We do work with VPN, but ask that firms work with their account managers so that we can configure with your individual set-up.

(2) We have the same pricing model as always. Firms are still welcome to sign up for 12-month contracts. Period. Clients are now given the option to lock in a low price for 36-months, but it is their call, not ours. And, of course, we never require (or offer) 5-year contracts.

Again, we're incredibly sorry to hear any displeasure but want to work with you to turn this into a positive.

• Beoordeeld op 19-3-2020
Andrew B.
Lawyer

"A Good Investment"

Opmerkingen: We are moving toward a paperless office, and have a better sense of organization, because with Smokeball, we know where everything is, and it's easy to find.

Pluspunten: That it is cloud-based makes is usable anywhere: home, office, while traveling. That's especially important now, given the limitations imposed by Covid 19. I appreciate the ability to have all emails related to a case appear in the same place. I like the automation features, particularly for drafting quick letters.

Minpunten: There are still technical issues involving the relationship between Smokeball and Outlook, and even when everything works smoothly, which is most of the time, the loading of both programs takes a while.

van Smokeball op 22-6-2020

Thanks for your positive response. We'll gladly admit to being a bit more than some competitors but we're also happy to point out that our users get more features and value for the price, too.

Sarah F.
Secretary
  • Beoordeeld op 16-6-2020

"Fantastic CRM"

Opmerkingen: Awesome!

Pluspunten: The tech support is spot-on and extremely reliable. The integration of Word & Outlook is very user-friendly. I became very familiar with the Automation, so I was able to modify my own forms very easily. The only downside to the software is that it is expensive and the price rises each year. The price goes up because there are so many new features that are added each year. We don't use most of the new features because our firm doesn't use many of the features for our area of law. The software that I do use is very reliable.

Minpunten: The only downside to the software is that it is expensive and the price rises each year. The price goes up because there are so many new features that are added each year. We don't use most of the new features because our firm doesn't use many of the features for our area of law.

• Beoordeeld op 16-6-2020
Jamie J.
Paralegal
  • Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

"Great software for small law practice"

Opmerkingen: We couldn't run our office without this software.

Pluspunten: Ease of document automation, workflow set up, time & billing, integration with Office products.

Minpunten: It's automation in pdf is weird to me but I have not played with it or watched any webinars on it yet.

Sharon J.
Attorney/Owner
2-10 werknemers
  • Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 7-2-2019

"Great high tech automation but misses on basic options"

Opmerkingen: I have gained a lot from using Smokeball, but I have had to give up things that I view as basic and simple needs in exchange. The company is open to hearing suggestions, but they are not quickly implemented. They are aware of the complaints that new users have, but they still don't discuss them in the sales demo. I would suggest buying one license only if you decide to try the software. You can add more later if you find that it works for you, but really use the software before adding more as it will take you a minute to realize all of the simple tasks it can't perform. If you have used other major software programs like Abacus or Practice Panther, you may not feel like the benefits are worth the hassle of the change. If this is your first case management system, you will be happy.

Pluspunten: The integration with Microsoft Word and Outlook are great. Unlike other software programs, they work all the time and are easy to use.
The templates and automation features help you save tremendous amounts of times doing routine work.
The software does not crash and have bugs all the time like the previous software I used.

Minpunten: This is an out of the box, canned solution. Even on simple requests, ZERO customization is allowed. Also, they are HORRIBLE with allowing you to import data from other software systems. They basically expect each firm to just start over from scratch, other than importing contacts. This is crazy and unrealistic for small or large firms. Smokeball is a one size fits all tool that frequently falls short. It is very difficult to run reports. You have the ability to add labels and input data, but extremely limited ability to run reports to transform the data you have collected into useful information. During the demo, they show you nifty features like automated time keeping, but they neglect to tell you that if you turn on that feature, your invoices will get all messed up. You won't have the ability to itemize or discount each line item of work performed on the case, instead they group them together with a list of daily worked. There is a reason why they do not offer a try before you buy option or a month to month option. You have to sign up for a full year and then you are locked in.

• Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 7-2-2019
Amber C.
Managing Attorney and President
  • Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

"Great time tracking, billing and case management system"

Opmerkingen: I have been extremely happy with the move to Smokeball over a year ago. My billing has increased and the usage of the system helps me coordinate and keep up with my case load.

Pluspunten: The time tracking and integration with MS Outlook and Word.

Minpunten: The start up of the program takes a little bit.

Carrie W.

"Smokeball is a Keeper."

Opmerkingen: Very positive. The software works and whenever there is even a small glitch, the Smokeball team is quick to fix the issue.

Pluspunten: Ease of access across multiple devices. Ability to interface with staff to keep work product flowing.

Minpunten: Internet based, so if the Internet is down, we cannot work.

Hannah F.
Paralegal
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

"More effective and productive work environment"

Opmerkingen: The benefits of this program have overall created a more effective and productive work environment. The ability to create workflows and stages is very helpful and is used almost everyday. Missing deadlines while using this program are hard to come by.

Pluspunten: The feature of being able to link Microsoft office with this program has assisted me greatly in the sense that it has minimized the process of completing tasks, preparing documents and emailing with clients. My favorite feature about this software is the ability to link client emails to the file it pertains to within Smokeball. This feature has minimized searching for Emails through my entire Email inbox, and additionally it has helped the firm cut costs on supplies, as we are not printing Emails for the paper file.

Minpunten: My least favorite feature about this software is the billing portion. My Office manager has had a less than great time attempting to transition to this software from Amicus, of which was the main software at the firm for 20 plus years. With that being said, the customer service help desk has been very helpful and working with this firm to create what we need.

Dustin L.
Juridische dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer

"Smokeball is Great"

Opmerkingen: Great

Pluspunten: Form suites, automatic time tracking, document generation using forms, email integrations.

Minpunten: Offline access to documents when they have not been saved locally already.

Natasha H.
  • Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020

"Great product but still lacking in essential features!"

Opmerkingen: I have really enjoyed using this product and a have been a strong advocate from day one; however, I am concerned that they have not fixed this problem and I do not have the one capability that I need which is being able to get my emails and task while I’m in the car.

Pluspunten: This software is easy to use and all of my staff love it! It improves our workflow, makes us more efficient and makes every day more enjoyable!

Minpunten: This software is lacking in one essential area – – you are unable to get your emails and task while on the go on your phone. I was told this app and feature works when I signed up for three years only to find out later that it does not work and the calendar is not very good either

• Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020
V. diane M.
Associate Attorney
    Zonder beoordeling

"Associate Attorney"

Opmerkingen: Just about the time we got Smokeball we reduced our secretarial staff, so I was forced to prepare most of my own pleadings. Smokeball has made it possible for me to do so. I am always anxious to find out more about what Smokeball can do as, I suspect that I am only using a portion of the total functions available.

Pluspunten: I like the fact that you can click on a file and easily find the document you are looking for; that it tracks your time and can easily be entered into Smokeball billing; that you can find documents by doing a search; that there is assess to the court forms of other jurisdictions and when opened, they are populated with the information in the file; that I am reminded daily about the tasks that I entered; I also like the communicate function which I just found.

Minpunten: I wish that I could print the memos that I prepare (although I found that I can send them through communicate); I wish there was more training with the pi functions (although I may have missed them); also I wish that I could print the task pages because I often make lists in the "Detail" box.

van Smokeball op 22-6-2020

Thanks for your glowing review. I've forwarded your questions to your account manager who will be in touch in case we can be more helpful getting everything just right!

Jennifer T.
Principal
  • Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

"Great for small law firms"

Opmerkingen: We've gotten more efficient and better at communications and organization. We can offer clients a better overall experience.

Pluspunten: Smokeball really changed how our small firm runs. We are much more organized and efficient than ever before. Smokeball tech support is readily available and fantastic. There is so much functionality to what this software can do.

Minpunten: The only drawback is that if you sign your contract with a certain number of users, you can't drop below that number for that year. As a small business that grows and changes frequently, it's hard to know that if we happen to have 5 users when we sign our annual contract, we're paying for 5 users all year, even if we go down to 4 users or 3 users, etc.

Edward c M.
  • Beoordeeld op 11-6-2020

"An Invaluable Tool for Lawyers"

Opmerkingen: Smokeball has increased my firm's ability to organize our client database and keep it updated and available on a moments notice.

Pluspunten: The organization and accessibility Smokeball provides for my practice is invaluable. The integration of Word, Outlook, and the Smokeball overlay keeps all client matters easily organized and accessible from the cloud. Smokeball was integral for my practice to transition from paper heavy documents to a digitally based system. The ease of access provides on the spot support and client records by laptop or phone when at court or remote locations. As a bonus Smokeball integrates automatic billing through calendar and email events to help me keep track of billable hours. I am, and will continue to be, a dedicated and satisfied user.

Minpunten: The only con is the necessary time to input basic information on a client and client matter. However, once the initial input is complete it is transferable to new client matters.

van Smokeball op 16-6-2020

Thank you for this positive review. We love hearing the things that are working, but are also cognizant of the time it takes to input new data, too. We're always working to streamline this process for you. More to come!

• Beoordeeld op 11-6-2020
Salvatore T.
Operations Manager
Juridische dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-11-2020

"Great CRM for Law Firms"

Pluspunten: Smokeball is very helpful in streamlining processes and increasing efficiency. You can assign tasks to users and auto populate a procedure with deadlines and assignments. Very useful.

Minpunten: There are still some bugs with the reporting feature of the software but the developers and support are easily accessible to assist and they are working on updates and fixes.