Almabase Alumni Software has transformed the way we interact with alumni

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2019
Charlotte A.
Marketing Specialist/Alumni Relations
Hoger onderwijs, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall just love it, we looked at other companies including Graduway, Almaconnect, Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, Mentor City, Alumni Channel, 360 Alumni and just so much more but we found Almabase to be the best option for the price, service, and functionality. As a small size school, we wanted an alumni network but knew that it wasn't going to have 10,000 alumni so they were able to work with us to find a pricepoint that was right for us.

Pluspunten: I love this software because it has many great features such as a giving platform which lets you organize campaigns for donations, an alumni map so you can see how big your alumni community has grown, the alumni database/directory which is so helpful for me to write notes/keep track of job placement/address information---it also syncs with Linkedin so when alumni get new jobs i don't have to manually add it. The customer service team is so helpful, they are available by email, chat, or phone and answer my questions almost immediately or within the day. There's also a job board for us to add jobs or alumni can add it too. There's also an email system so that's helpful. They even built me a student directory so students can have a profile too which we can transition into alumni accounts.

Minpunten: Nothing, it works great. We've been really happy with it.

Easy to use networking tool for those with little to no programming experience

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2018
M F.
Specialist
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: - The platform was up and running quickly.
- The customer service team is extremely responsive and does their best to accommodate our needs. They are also very open to receiving feedback and considering suggestions to improve the software.
- They often roll out new features and upgrades.
- It's quick and easy to create new webpages and add content.
- The software is affordable.
- Integration of e-communication center to send automated emails.

Minpunten: - Some bugs were discovered in the early stages that the support team resolved promptly.
- Limited templates to choose from and cannot incorporate different features from different templates into one to suit your needs/preferences.
- I've been slightly disappointed by the lack of customization on the platform. It's become evident that the platform would be a great tool for an academic institution's alumni organization, but if it's anything else, it may not be the best suited. Our situation is unique in that we are not a school looking to connect with our alumni, but rather a foundation connecting with past and current grantees. Some features cannot be customized to reflect that, including the wording on some pages or email templates that one would think would be easy to change. I was reassured at the beginning through the answers to my questions and testing out another organization's beta site that our needs would be met. However, it was only after our site was fully up and running that I got a chance to fully explore and see where additional customizations would be required.
Overall, the web platform meets our basic needs, but if there was a greater ability to customize it, even a little bit, it would take it to the next level. If you're not coming from an academic institution, I would highly recommend asking a wide variety of questions to ensure it will meet all your needs.

The Almabase platform and its team are amazing!

Beoordeeld op 28-7-2017
Jessica H.
Assistant Director
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Almabase allows us to connect with our alumni on multiple levels based on interest, class years, university affinities, and social media interaction. It also allows us to communicate intentionally and deliberately with our alumni through targeted emails and our e-newsletter. It saves our team time by streamlining the way that we post to our social media platforms and data-mine the site. This platform also allows for us to include pages for our chapters that have controlled access for the chapter administrators. We can also set-up event registrations, pay portals and interest forms and have the data collected to be imported into Raiser's Edge whenever we want to do that. Almabase directly impacts and helps to facilitate the majority of our office's mission and goals.

Pluspunten: With Almabase everything is at one central location which is a huge time saver for us. No more multiple disconnected software and inefficiencies. It also seamlessly integrated with Raiser's Edge. The response from alumni has been amazing since the launch - they love the social media integration! Our board members, faculty and staff love the platform because its very easy to use. Almabase also provides the possibility to involve our students for an alumni mentorship program that has been heavily requested by our alumni. The best part though, is that their customer service is exceptional and unparalleled! It is truly a pleasure to be able to work with such an amazing team of professionals.
I know that it is extremely rare to find a software that is pretty much perfect, but we really have not found anything about the software or the customer service that we do not like. The handful of items that we could not do, or did not work quite the way that our team would have liked were solved by the Almabase team, usually within a few days of mentioning it to them. We have no reason to rate them any lower than 5-star across the board. I would recommend Almabase to any organization that is looking for this type of alumni platform.

van Almabase op 31-7-2017

Thanks a lot, Jessica.

Outstanding! Most responsive customer service and support for any product we've ever used!

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2018
Lauren A.
Alumni Relations Coordinator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Not only are we housing all our alumni website here, but we've increased our alumni engagement and awareness because they make it easy for alumni to connect. We found a platform that worked for our constituents, not one that made them work.

Pluspunten: I love the flexibility that they have offered us. We have been using the software for two years and have seen the software grow at a rapid pace to match our needs. They created a skeleton for us and helped us to flesh it out into a working, attractive, and useful site. Our alumni have given such positive feedback--it's better than anything we've had before (and we're 125 years old). The Almabase team is truly interested in what the customer has to say. They are passionate about their work and you, as the customer, can sense it in every interaction with them.

Minpunten: If there was one thing I could change, I would want more page editing space. The box where you create the page is small and you have to scroll to the top to use the editing tools. I've accidentally moved by cursor more than once while scrolling and had to fix a mistake, then do what I was trying to do. That being said, I have VERY LITTLE experience building website pages or using html and they make it so easy to make great looking pages.

Almabase provides excellent value for our alumni

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Kyle B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Almabase is at the center of our alumni strategy. The goal is to provide alumni with a high-quality, tangible benefit to grow their affinity for our school and inspire volunteering, fundraising and more. The Almabase team is great to work with — not only addressing questions and issues quickly, but being a partner in devising our strategies.

Pluspunten: Product itself is super easy to use and the customer service is top-notch. Map feature is impressive and we have received great feedback from our alumni since launching recently. Almabase allows us to provide our alumni with a high-quality experience — keep them in touch, but also giving them networking/career opportunities they desire. The email functionality inside Almabase is so much better than other products like Constant Contact. We can easily segment and send communications by graduating class, location and more. The Engagement Snapshot is also a very useful tool — we can easily see how engaged our alumni are.

Minpunten: No complaints so far! We have thoroughly enjoyed our time with the Almabase team so far.

Almabase platform and customer service is everything I was looking for!

Beoordeeld op 23-7-2018
Aaron D.
Coordinator for Alumni Relations
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: When I became the alumni relations coordinator for Thomas Aquinas College, I immediately began searching for a replacement for a print alumni directory. This platform exceeded expectations in that it provides the directory service that I was looking for AND provides a full service engagement platform for all facets of alumni relations. From emails to events to chapters and more! Most of all though, the team at Almabase is 110% top notch. They are personable, responsive, and complete. Whether I have a question on hot to best use some functionality or have a suggestion from my users regarding improvements on the platform, the Almabase team is always helpful, thoughtful, and responsive. This customer support you enjoy speaking with!

Minpunten: There is little not to like. For myself, wearing multiple hats at our institution makes it difficult to use the product to its full potential. Also, our users are interested in sharing their directory information with each other, which is not a default setting. However, support has been very responsive regarding this feedback and we are working towards a solution. In all, I am very happy with the product and so are my users.

Great for Re-Engaging Alumni

Beoordeeld op 10-10-2019
Tracy M.
Director of Community Engagement
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our alumni are excited by the new ways they can engage with the school and each other, making it easier for us to be able to contact them about opportunities for them to help the school community through volunteering or fundraising, while offering them the types of events and activities that appeal to them.

Pluspunten: This software helped us find new and needed ways for our alumni community to become re-engaged in the school, offering internship and job information, communication options through affinity groups, and more.

Minpunten: The software is still building on, adding features regularly, because they are so responsive to their client requests.

Well thought through platform to enhance alumni relations

Beoordeeld op 2-11-2018
Michael W.
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers

Opmerkingen: _Ongoing support_
Once our organization decided to partner with Almabase, we were transitioned to an operations team to ensure that our alumni data and site features were in order and functioned as we desired. The operations team adjusted to our needs and became much more attentive as our needs required. Currently, it seems like our admin team has continuous access to the Almabase support team. They are friendly, professional, and always strive to communicate clearly, even with feature requests that are not part of the platform.
One benefit that showed how willing our Almabase support team goes above and beyond as a partner is how they initiated a regular quarterly review of the platform and features after we launched. They demonstrated how ongoing support is part of the fabric of their company. _Features_
The main reason behind choosing Almabase as an alumni relations partner was how they come alongside our efforts to keep our alumni information current. Our alumni benefit because they can easily stay updated on what’s happening with their alma mater and effortlessly network with one another. Our current students benefit because they can begin networking for future placement opportunities. Our staff benefit because this active directory, updated by each alumnus, enhances all our communications about news, events, placement efforts, and services.

Pluspunten: - End user experience - user friendly and easy to navigate, not cluttered with extra features
- Sign-on experience is elegant and simple
- Admin portal (Data Studio, Communication Center are strong)
- Directory and user profiles - organized, easy to navigate
- Ongoing support - Almabase support partner with you to enhance efforts
- Career Center - easy to use and maintain

Minpunten: - Career Center could use more sorting options for the end user

A brilliant tool to stay connected to the roots of alma mater

Beoordeeld op 23-12-2014
Vamsee D.
Student
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: IMPRESSED is the word. I have started using this product since my under grad school introduced this to us one year after we graduated. Though I was apprehensive initially about it being just another variant of linkedin, I was proved wrong pretty soon. The sign up was pretty simple with the option of connecting with Fb or LinkedIn. Also, the profile was always synced and up to date. This is a simple, no-nonsense, to-the-point software which does what it says - "Alumni Management". There are no other strings attached. With the graph search(remember the facebook searches which go like "Who are my friends studying in California and are single?") and the various filtering criteria available, looking up for someone from my college is just a breeze. Also, masking of personal email ids put my fears of spamming to rest. The newsletter I receive from my college admins every month through this portal, brings a wide smile across my face along with a flurry of memories.
Well, the depth to which this software goes in finding the alumni is also pretty excellent. I was amazed to find alumni from even the early 1960s.
Also, at my post grad, I got an opportunity to be part of the audience where AlmaBase was pitching. Boy was I surprised !!
<Tech Alert>
They implemented Machine Learning which took some seed data of alumni and used that to pull the details of other Alumni from Social Network spaces.
Also, the ease with which the alumni site can be customized is very good. Supported by a strong back end, the majority of look and feel is made up of pluggable components. It's totally up to you to decide how your alumni site would look like.
</TechAlert> In short, having a strong alumni base is a low hanging fruit ignored by most colleges and this software solves the problem spot on. I do not see any major shortcomings, except that I wonder how'd they support the product with the size of the team they presently have. P.S: The total time they usually take to get the site up and running is around 7 days which is pretty cool !! :D

Extremely positive - incredibly helpful service and a very intuitive service to use.

Beoordeeld op 3-5-2018
Jonathon R.
Alumni Relations Officer
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Allows us to communicate and interact with a wide user-base in a way that we couldn't previously.

Pluspunten: The software is incredibly easy to use and offers a wide range of options and features. It makes maintaining relationships with our userbase incredibly simple and is a marked step up from the previous system we were using. It is very intuitive to search and manipulate data, and it interacts with social media as well as email addresses to capture the widest range of data. The site itself has a very clean and modern looking front end, and is very customisable to suit our growing and changing needs. The team at Almabase were extremely helpful, and always available for calls and support. There was a clear path and development strategy provided from the team and they explored all the features we wanted to use so that the software was tailored exactly to our needs. The software is a delight to use, with new updates and features regularly added and is incredibly cost-efficient. It also interacts with most commercially used CRMs should you require a more heavy duty database. I would recommend anyone in this field explores it as a front end to enhance their relationships with users.

Minpunten: There aren't any - it's that good! If you have any reservations about using the software, contact them for a chat.

Best value for money alumni platform out there!

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2018
Calvin C.
Executive Director
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This software help us consolidate our database, emailing and website saving us a lot of money.
Tracking emails and engagement has been very helpful.

Pluspunten: -It is a website, database platform, and bulk email service.
-Payments can be taken through the website, including membership payments.
-The developers are constantly making improvements to the software and any improvements are made available at no extra cost.
-The customer service is very responsive.

Minpunten: -Administrator/backend usability could be improved. This is something we have mentioned to them and they are working on.
-Website pages could do with a little more layout varieties and features. I believe they are working on this also.

Great Team, Product, and Company

Beoordeeld op 16-9-2018
Gordon M.
High School Counselor
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, Almabase has been a great partner as we begin our endeavor in Alumni Relations. Because of Almabase we have been very successful in our first 8 months. They are constantly giving us strategies to improve and offering assistance. We just had an in-person visit from them that will help us immensely as we enter the second phase of our program. I truly feel they have a personal interest in your success.

Pluspunten: At first, I was not fully bought into this company and software. However, after the first month, I realize that they truly care about your success. My main pros are: - Ease of setup
- Creative solutions to problems
- Partner with you to create a plan for your success
- Great price
- Always improving
- Great communication center
- Fast response

Minpunten: - Some bugs with the software when doing more advanced features. However, they fixed them very quickly.

Amazing tool to build the alumni engagement & enable us to keep the network with alumni

Beoordeeld op 27-4-2018
Joby J.
Alumni Relations Director
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Feel great that we now have the capability to offer a platform for alumni networking. Alumni are able to stay connected after graduation and help other members in the community by sharing wide range of opportunities (career/internship...). This has been the one of the best investment to keep our alumni and students connected.

Minpunten: There are no cons in particular. Their support is also good and timely. Hopefully they keep continuing the excellent service.

Outstanding alumni database and giving day products

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019
Joe B.
CAO/Director of Advancement
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great customer service. Took a real interest in our needs. A rep visited with us for several days to see our operations in action and gain a better understanding of our needs.

Pluspunten: The Almabase team provides outstanding customer services.
Alumni database features are similar to products provided by other vendors, but we particularly like Almabase's communication/email features.
Almabase created a day of giving website for us that amplified the results of our day of giving. Over 1000 donors gave close to $250,000 in a 24 hour period. The site handled the giving volume without delay or error and provided instantaneous updates.

Minpunten: No major concerns, some features we would like to see enhanced - for example, adding the capability to have notices scroll automatically on the site.

Best choice our school could have made!

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019
Jeanine P.
Director of Annual Giving
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Just amazing. Seriously. I have shared our experience with several other fundraisers including another Jesuit high school, a diocesan school in another region and the local university. I know the university followed our campaign and was so impressed they scheduled a meeting with Almabase.

Pluspunten: The Almbase team made our Giving Day a huge success! We had never tried something on this scale before and many were hesitant that we would see a big return. Thanks to rep and the entire team our Giving day increased by 498%, raising over $76,000 (our goal was $30k and previous attempts had only raised, at most, $12k) and more than doubling the amount of donors. They created a customized marketing guide for us so we knew step-by-step what we needed to do and when. Every question and phone call was answered quickly and efficiently. And believe me, we asked SO many questions. It was our first time doing anything on this scale and we had no idea where to start. Thankfully Almabase was part of it all and, with patience and knowledge, guided us through, not just the day but the entire month leading up to and the week after for reconciling the account.

Minpunten: We didn't encounter any issues except with the ticker clock before hand. Somehow it switched to Pacific time about 3 hours before the campaign began. I called rep at 9:30pm that night (we were scheduled to go live at midnight) and she had it fixed within 15 minutes. From there on it was smooth sailing.

Everything "Alumni" in One Place

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2019
Creative Director and Website Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Almabase has been excellent. They truly want us to be satisfied with their product and are open to suggestions and ideas that we may offer to add or improve something. I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Pluspunten: We are very pleased with our new alumni network through Almabase. What I like most is that the platform has everything we need in one place, including the ability to manage our alumni database, send out targeted emails and monthly newsletters, incorporate social media feeds, help fundraise (recently had a 24-hr giving day where we raised over $150,000), plan and promote alumni reunions and events, post school and alumni news stories, allow alums to network for jobs, business opportunities and internships, and much more. We’ve only just begun and are so excited with this new platform!

Minpunten: I would like to be able to better control colors and styles throughout the site so that we can be consistent and maintain our brand standards and guidelines. That said, Almabase is working with us to ensure we are satisfied.

A great alumni management tool with an amazing support team

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2018
Joanna K.
Alumni Relations Office
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I love that this software is able to integrate with LinkedIn and Facebook to automatically capture alumni updates. Also that mailing lists are dynamic and change accordingly when an update is made to the profiles. It automates so many things and that takes the hassle out of the administration of the alumni office so that we can focus on actually engaging with alumni. The event management module is especially helpful in managing RSVPs. The support team has also been very gracious and patient with a non-technical person such as myself and taken the trouble to explain each function thoroughly. They are always ready to help.

Minpunten: For a more technically proficient user, it may be good if more of the customization such as changing fields and even uploading new batches of alumni data could be left to the institution themselves to handle. But for those who may not be technical, the fact that the support team handles this can be a great relief, as it is to me.

Outstanding!

Beoordeeld op 3-10-2016
Alexandra G.
Development Director
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our team evaluated several networking platforms before trying Almabase. Since our initial inquiry with Almabase about their product, we have been nothing but pleased. The customer service has been outstanding throughout all stages of our project, from helping us understand the platform, it's functions and benefits, setting up a pilot site for us to actually use and test the model, and throughout the implementation process. All was done extremely efficiently, and ahead of our projected time frame. All of our questions have been answered clearly and quickly. The changes we've requested to our site to personalize it to our needs (we are a high school--not a college) have also been addressed in the same manner. Since we are still learning about and understanding the product ourselves, we regularly reach out to our Almabase support contact who never fails to help immediately. We are thrilled with our decision to use Almabase!

Pluspunten: Customer service, ease of use.

Minpunten: The price, though reasonable, may be a stumbling block to smaller organizations, like ours. We are hoping the success of the product will help support our funding request.

van Almabase op 3-10-2016

Thank you so much!

Their customer service is top-notch & they've taken our feedback & applied it immediately.

Beoordeeld op 27-7-2017
Steve B.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Whenever we had questions about the platform or how to use a certain function, the onboarding team was available through conference calls or timely emails to answer all of our questions and help clarify. They were also great in providing a marketing and communications strategy when we were planning to roll the platform out to our alumni. They took the time to learn our culture and built a plan around that culture to be most effective. The site setup process was quick and easy once we provided the necessary information. We had a presentable version in days and I can't say enough good things about their responsiveness to our questions and needs throughout the entire process. Overall, working with Almabase and their team has been an absolute pleasure.

Minpunten: So far, we do not have anything negative to say about the platform or Almabase in general.

van Almabase op 27-7-2017

Thanks a lot, Steve.

Small school that uses Senior Systems

Beoordeeld op 13-9-2018
Aslynn B.
Dir. of Alumni Communications
Public relations en communicatie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Like I said above, we are saving a lot of time filtering out groups and specific people for mailings and emails. The communication has improved greatly and we are excited to bring more alumni to the platform so that they can start benefiting from Almabase.

Pluspunten: The ability to communicate and filter specific groups or people is literally as easy as a few clicks of a button. The amount of time we are saving by using Almabase to reach out to our alumni is immeasurable. We are still new to Almabase and are learning new things all of the time. As we learn more, we are more impressed and excited about our decision to use Almabase.

Minpunten: This software does not "talk to" Senior Systems, so it does make it difficult when information is updated on one platform. However, Almabase made a point to visit our school to see how we use Senior Systems and is going to try to find a way to communicate with it. They may not succeed, but they care enough to try.

Almabase provides an amazing product that has helped our school increase our alumni engagement.

Beoordeeld op 27-4-2018
Joanna F.
Development Officer
51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Almabase has a plethora of features that help our school interact with our alumni in different and meaningful ways. We are able to host events, share news, and fund raise all in one location. Almabase is a true investment in our alumni and they really appreciate the efforts we are making beyond the years they spend on our campus.

Minpunten: A challenge for us is getting alumni to join the platform. We are constantly looking for ways to get alumni to visit the site and see what benefits they can receive.

Great Product & Even Better Service

Beoordeeld op 15-9-2018
Justin Z.
Headmaster
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our goal was to communicate with our alumni in new and more efficient ways, and we wanted to be able to see and track engagement. Almabase has made that possible and their team has answered every question we had in a timely manner. The people at Almabase have been very supportive and helpful.

Pluspunten: Almabase has an outstanding communication center and data studio that allows the right people to see and get the information they need to communicate with alumni.

Minpunten: The website is not as flexible as it could be and we wish it had a few more options to show pictures.

It's been an excellent tool for day to day to Alumni management services.

Beoordeeld op 24-5-2018
Administrative Assistant to College Relations
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It's very user friendly and helps keep up to date Alumni contacts, who are notified of the latest events and updates on Campus and help interact with other alumni and students.

Minpunten: They have been very quick to answer any queries. Their customer support is excellent! No cons that I can think of. I have been using it every day and its very rare we come across a glitch which anyways is taken care of immediately.

Working with Almabase has been great! We've connected with alumni from all across the country!

Beoordeeld op 21-9-2017
Michelle D.
Associate
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Almabase software is extremely user friendly and very nicely organized. The platform allows us to connect with Alumni through emails and keep them up to date on current events and activities happening on campus! With the help of Almabase we were able to sell and distribute tickets for our 40th Anniversary Gala which was amazing! There was such a great turn out. Technical support for this software has been exceptional. If we were had any questions or concerns we would received immediate support from Naveen, one of the Almabase representatives. He would explain everything very clearly, and made us aware of new features of the platform. Overall, customer service is truly amazing!

van Almabase op 26-9-2017

Thanks for your feedback, Michelle.

Great Product, Great Service

Beoordeeld op 27-2-2019
Danielle D.
Alumni Relations Coordinator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use Almabase as our primary means to communicate with our alumni. We also pitch it to our alumni as a way for them to find one another and engage on their own. Every week through Almabase we send 1-4 emails to various alumni and have at least one event registration active. These areas are the ones we use the most, and Almabase has been great.

Pluspunten: Almabase is user-friendly, easy to learn, and the customer success team is always quick to help us with troubleshooting or even adapting the platform based on our needs.

Minpunten: There are few parts of the event module that work fine but could be more convenient, but Almabase is already working on adjusting these. Honestly, any issue we have is quickly looked at and updated, and we so appreciate their willingness to adjust their platform when necessary!