Amazing eCommerce platform for novices and developers alike!

Beoordeeld op 31-7-2019
Jamie H.
Senior Consultant
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I've been running an eCommerce shop for 5 years on Shopify. Easy setup and easy import of products from a CSV file. The app store has a large variety of free and paid plugins that deal with all the edge cases and shortcomings of Shopify. I've been able to import multiple other platforms and convert a Shopify store in a matter of hours. The user interface is intuitive and simple to navigate.
In the last few years, adding channels to sell on such as Houzz and Facebook have made a big difference in being able to get visibility into our products.
The ability to quickly change themes and customize using the Liquid language is quite nice for developers using this product.

Minpunten: The pricing between the middle tier and advance is a big leap. The middle tier plan only allows 5 staff accounts, which can be limited, to people using development consultants and virtual staff.
The ability manage redirects (from a previous site) is limited but can be fixed by using a paid app from the Shopify app store.

Good tool to manage commerce easily

Beoordeeld op 30-7-2019
E-commerce Fraud and Payments Management
Internet, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Shopify is a very good to manage you ecommerce even if you don't have many departments or people helping you our with your online store. To start, it is very intuitive, both the front end and the back end part. It guides you through all the process to creating the layout of your website offering multiple templates, product pages, descriptions to the payment processing to the shipping options parts. You can do all by yourself without needing much experience.
This tool offers different plans, so make sure to read and choose the one that fits better with your business model. All plans allows you to upload products with no limits. Plans focus on number of accounts and other shop features.
What I like more about Shopify, is that it offers their own payment platform (with many options) so no need to bother with an external provider if you don't have one. If you do, you can integrate it too.
Shopify also offers the possibility to calculate taxes according to the country and the possibility to restrict your shipping area.
Some features are a bit limited but you can find many options/plug ins on the marketplace. Needless to say, just be sure to give a check of all the features of the website everytime you install a plug in.

Minpunten: This tool offers the possibility of create an ecommerce easily, but if you are looking for something more customizable or for a big site, you might want to check other options too.
The only blocker I have found so for is the possibility to calculate taxes not only on country level but on product/group level automatically. This would be very helpful for online stores that manage multi tax items

I use Shopify for all my Ecommerce Businesses

Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I built both shopify stores from scratch without prior knowledge and it took me about a full week to get the hang of things. I would make adjustments as I could to help convert customers. I still feel like it's the best place to only sell products but still a bit costly to make a really nice design. I now hire virtual assistants to make all the changes on the site and manage it but that can cost too so it's great there are API's to help grow the business, which all cost more money though, some are free (Reddit, pinterest). Overall, I will still use the software.

Pluspunten: Sleek designs, easy to use, easy to keep track of products and sales, great third party API integrations and marketing software, and simple to run. Many Virtual Assistants already know how to use this software which makes life very easy for me. The simpler, the better. I have several shopify stores and I aim to make passive income in this realm.

Minpunten: Templates are limited, a lot of the development is backend yet I'm a visual person so I like to see everything as I'm doing it, and it can get a little overwhelming with all the integrations needed to turn a Shopify store into a massive profitable business. I feel like the best templates cost too much money and the ones we are offered look basic and not easily customizable. It could use a better blog feature section and a bit more visual aspects such as videos to help pitch or promote the business. Maybe even used for online courses with private logins would be great.

OK but MUCH room for improvement

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2019
Judah P.
Senior Account Executive - Commercial Print
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers

Opmerkingen: 2014 = great
2018 = terrible
I would encourage rep. to contact me.

Pluspunten: When I first signed up for Shopify 4-5 years ago I thought it was the best thing to happen to ecommerce. Gurus were knowledgeable and accessible (via phone!), the product worked beautifully and it met my needs. Now that my business has grown and I'm finding that Shopify is not set up to handle a business of high growth. Shopify has grown so fast that the average conversation with a Guru has dropped from outstanding to barely acceptable. Most of the time, the I know more than the Gurus. Follow up from the gurus is also terrible. You can still reach them by phone but if you need to speak to someome in the company with more experience, you can only access them via email and they take FOREVER to get to you. So you can forget about getting any help from someone with real knowledge of the product. The native functionality is also only good for very basic businesses. For example, if you need to ship a single item in multiple boxes, you can forget about doing that natively in the app or taking advantage of their discounted shipping rates. If you want to get a custom app built, you can forget about getting any support on the API from the gurus because they don't know anything about API. Again, there is no escalation point for customers who have a higher level of needs. Want help from the Shopify Expert community? You can forget about being called and speaking to someone local. Most won't do it, I've tried. If you get a response, the best you'll get is an email that reads something alo

Minpunten: ng the lines of "I can do this for you." and it's from someone on the other side of the world that has no clue about you, your business, your country or it's customs. I could go on and on but in summary, I am HIGHLY disappointed with the level of support and in 4 years have gone from a loyal, enthusiastic customer to a highly disgruntled customer looking for new options.

Very easy to get started with advanced features for those who need it

Beoordeeld op 16-10-2018
Brandon M.
Instructional Designer
2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: For the price of the software, it is hard to complain about anything. It is super easy to set up and manage, tons of usability and plugins for advanced features, great customer service.

Pluspunten: Shopify is very easy to get started with. It practically holds your hand with simple shops and the plugins make for a robust software that almost anyone can make use of. I use it primarily for selling eLearning courses. Shopify has plugins available for most LMS software. Simply connect the LMS to Shopify with a plugin, input the course identifier, with my LMS it is a string of numbers and letters that is unique to each course, then set the price and start selling. When you sell a course through Shopify, the purchaser automatically gets login information for the LMS and is automatically assigned the course they purchased. Shopify has a couple of options for setting up a shop. The first option, which is the easiest, is to create a storefront within Shopify that is like a website, just for your store. It is very easy to pick a theme and then just type in the information. The storefront through Shopify looks very professional and is worth it if you just need a simple storefront. The second option is the buy button, which I use for my companies website. This way, if you already have a website, you can just use Shopify to generate a code that will give you a button to place on your website. There are other options I rarely use such as generating a code for email which is similar to the buy button but I am sure it would be very useful for those wishing to email out their products. There are so many plugins to sell different ways that there would be too much to post in this review. The customer service is top-notch. They respond quickly and when I needed something, they worked with me until it was resolved. The last customer service need I had took a few tries to get everything going but they kept at it until it was fixed.

Minpunten: The only con I have is for a lot of the advanced usage, you will need plugins for anything beyond selling simple items, like I said before, this is a pro but it can be a con at the same time. Some of the plugins are simple and free but a lot have an extra cost to either purchase the plugin or a monthly fee to use the plugin. The creators of the plugins do need the pay, that is understandable, but most are out of small businesses', like my company's, budget.

Shopify is a Clean, Responsive E-commerce Solution

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018
Chief Technology Officer and Marketing Director
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Helped a friend setup multiple online businesses.

Pluspunten: If you want to stick to just basics and you need a clean, responsive E-commerce site, then Shopify is for you. No programming knowledge is required and there are many fine templates to choose from, and you can always find more. If you are interested in starting online, Shopify is a good choice because it offers a PCI compliant and secure shopping cart and payment gateway solution. Adding products to Shopify is surprisingly fast and easy but you are limited to 100 Variants. Shipping integration with USPS, UPS and Fedex is included and integrates with many popular software via Add ons. Things like email marketing, product feeds, and popups are easy to find and setup. And you can export your products to Google, and setup customer reviews with some other add ons. Having all these extra with add ons is both good and bad, and customers should be aware of the small downsides to Shopify.

Minpunten: Most things come included, however any extra customization requires some kind of add-on with monthly charge. Thankfully they have a good amount of add-ons to choose from, but most have fake reviews. Shopify much like other modern shopping carts is unable to store credit cards, out of the box. If your business needs to charge a customer for re-shipping, you have to create an invoice each time using an addon or creating a new order. Customer support is responsive but very general, but the basic Shopify will suit most small business owners. I am however not like most people, and like more customization. You cannot customize things too much other than what templates and add ons offer. Development on Shopify is highly difficult and goes above and beyond html / css however you can make some small changes like adding an image, or a link, a variable, or a tracking script with a look in their help center.

The Best Solution for eCommerce-Focused Brands

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2019
Brady H.
Brand Experience Manager
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience has been great! Sales have gone up since we moved to Shopify and it's easy to learn and teach to new employees!

Pluspunten: The management and selling of products is the focus of this platform, and it nails it on that front. The backend order management, checkout process, and fulfillment processes are super easy to use.

Minpunten: If you want to make a beautiful site with custom-feeling pages, Shopify might not be for you. The homepage is relatively customizable but beyond that there isn't much flexibility unless you know how to code.

It is a good software- would recommend to try it out

Beoordeeld op 4-10-2017
Ryan R.
head of biz dev
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Good UI but some of the simple options available with other ecommerce products are unavailable or cost extra. For example, if you want to calculate shipping for each item (as opposed to a flat shipping charge) you have to pay extra monthly. Also, you cannot adjust image sizes. If you want a different size image for the category page and the product page, you have to upload 2 images.

Minpunten: This may be a good platform to start your online experience with, despite the high fees.However, I've run into an unexpected hurdle that I can not seem to resolve. I have had a chargeback (stolen credit card) from an order. It was settled, I had to pay out of my pocket. After I covered the chargeback willingly to keep my store operating, they froze my orders and would not let my money out of my account. They have started a fraud investigation on me, and requested my re-seller agreements and shipping and tracking information for my latest orders, which I produced promptly. This is not the frustrating part. I understand the importance of security and fraud prevention and would assist in any way I can to resolve the issue. It has now been two weeks since I submitted all the required information for review, and I have not heard anything back. No, we've received it and it's in review no we need more information. NOTHING. I have been calling back and they would not let me talk to the person who requested the information from me, because he is either out of the office, or we are unable to transfer your call directly to him. I have sent many emails directly to the investigator, starting off with nice and progressively more frustrated, but still professional and non-offensive.

Best e-Commerce store

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2019
Flutra S.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Simply love the DIIIIINGGGG on my phone when I get a sale :) Honestly, it is quite easy to use it and lots of material on the help center plus I was positively surprised with their technical support, on many occasions they were very professional and very helpful. Add shipping costs for all the countries is kind of painful hopefully you guys will make some option to add the same rule for all the countries or something, at the moment we are using a plugin for that but would prefer the option available on Shopify

Pluspunten: The best part about the Shopify is that allows you to code on the offered themes, but even if you are not an advanced developer their support is always there to guide every step of the way.

Minpunten: One thing that hopefully is soon going to be fixed is to be able to track the sales in more details and also be able to tell if the order is fraudulent or not. But for the latter, they come up with a good solution, not the ideal one but it gives me comfort.

Best E-commerce platform in the market

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2018
Vishal N.
EA
Kleding en mode, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have tried several similar platforms but Shopify is hands down the best E-commerce platform in the market. Definitely will recommend to all new entrepreneurs who are trying to learn drop shipping.

Pluspunten: Shopify is the best platform for drop shipping and also for retailers who want to take their shop online. Anyone with no previous experience with web designing can also easily set up a shop and start selling globally. The dashboard is very user friendly and they also have tips and instructions displayed upfront to help you set up easily. It also has a 14 day trial that allows you to set up things and check out if your products are working. The customer service team is also quick to respond, I was not able to attach my card to one of my stores due to some issues with my bank and when I informed them that I was not able to take my shop online because of this and the trial period was about to come to an end and they extended the trial for me in just one request made via email. Once your website is set up it also has additional applications to help you add inventory, up sell products, send automatic emails, track orders, basically all that you will ever need to run an online store is taken care off all under one platform. I would rate it 10/10

Minpunten: Shopify has no cons to be honest.
Everything works fine from the day you set it up and you do not need to patch or upgrade anything ever.
The basic fee per month is also money well spent for all the amazing features.
Its all just upto you to market your products and get sales to keep ur shop running.

Great potential and possibility, but cannot skip tech spend

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2019
Kevin s. O.
Digital Marketing Manager
Meubels, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Shopify is riding a popularity wave right now which makes integrations plentiful and easy. Their CDN is fast and dependable. If you dedicate a decent development contractor budget, you'll be fine. If you try to do it solely on your own, it is very time consuming.

Pluspunten: The interface is easy enough to understand that, even if a programmer has rewritten the entire site in unique liquid code, someone unfamiliar with the platform could verify order information, write blog posts, refund customers, etc. Businesses require collaboration so this is certainly advantageous. Plugins/apps don't crowd the original UI so your main menu will always stay the same. Finally, Shopify is a major, for-profit market force which compels older applications to update to become compatible, and also new entrants elect to work solely with shopify. WooCommerce users demonstrate that they don't want to pay for even basic expenses. In this way, it separate to two extremes what wordpress tries to meet in the middle. WP has a short, steep learning curve with a lot of interface changes with plugins.

Minpunten: Always another tech language that's used, always another developer required. Customization nearly always requires a developer if its beyond swapping photos or fonts. Products with complex dependent variants do not work past a certain number of options. Limited. Be very wary of Shopify's app for Google products (ads, tags). These are essential for remarketing and configuration is often better done through coding and google than one of shopify's apps.

Great Online Store Builder for Beginners

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018
Owner / Operator
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I will say the first time I used Shopify I was very impressed with how easy it was to work in. I got a call from a friend who runs a non-profit. He had his designer bail on him after saying he would start the project in Shopify. I took at look and after getting into the system it was clear the other designer had done nothing with my buddy's web site. I had never used their system before but the interfaces were very easy to work in and we had his full site created with all of his products (about 30+) listed online and selling by the end of the day. It was pretty sweet to get that knocked out for him and because of that experience I have been using and recommending Shopify to clients where the system fits their needs. I definitely would not recommend it if you run retail stores with more the one location or if you need true inventory control, or accounting software syncing. Shopify is designed for the small retailer or business owner who is looking to get selling online for the first time. It works great and is very affordable for what it does. As you grow it may not be a fit anymore, but if you have sales coming in then you hopefully have the money to pay for switching to another system as well.

Pluspunten: - Really easy for beginners to build an online store; you can literally build a store in a matter of minutes
- Does not require any coding knowledge
- Excellent interface to work in
- Great built-in tools for working with social media networks
- Fantastic choice if you have a small inventory and are wanting to dip you toe into the e-commerce world cheaply

Minpunten: - Reporting is a bit lack luster for medium to larger businesses
- Inventory tracking is not good if you need more than just quantity on the shelf
- If you have a lot of products and skus it can become hard to manage products; their system is truly targeted to smaller merchants or business owners selling out of their garage
- Does not sync with Desktop accounting software

the BEST e-commerce software available

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2019
Gayana I.
CX, Escalations
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: THE BEST PERIOD. no other e-commerce platform compares.

Pluspunten: Shopify has many benefits: 1) extremely easy to navigate platform - they make everything so user friendly and beautiful. tons of images to visually keep you engages and interested while using 2) shopify blogs, help articles, education portal, and resources are AMAZING. This is the single best company I've ever seen that offers so much education and help for FREE. This is very helpful for a small business owner doing everything yourself. 3)thousands of apps available to further the shopify experience and add to your store to do anything possible. 4)cost effective - they offer so much for the most basic plan and you can even pause your subscription whenever you need to

Minpunten: sometimes the apps are not quality made and can slow down your store or not work properly, and sometimes you can't find help on really detailed things that are related to coding/building your site in a customized way. I also don't like that only the first page in your site is drap/drop and easy to create without coding/html experience, and all other pages you add have to be custom coded. This is not easy for 90% of the population who are not web developers. If they can do it for the landing page, they should provide it for any page you want to add to your site. I'd even be willing to pay more.

Shopify Perks & Shortcomings

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2017
Berry D.
Director of Operations, Sales & Marketing
Kleding en mode, 201-500 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, Shopify is the clear leader in their industry. Do they have shortcomings? Sure. But compared to their competitors, the shortcomings are few and far between. After all, no system will ever be exactly perfect to your unique business unless you decide to build your own software which comes with the glitches and lack of functionality that building your own software entails.

Pluspunten: AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE. Shopify is entirely unparalleled in this regard. Their live chat option is not only convenient but staffed by PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! They are not an outside tech support and it is clear how well each of them is versed in the system and its capabilities. Another amazing feature about Shopify is the plethora of apps that are available in order to customize your system (many of which are free!). This means that if Shopify is lacking in any way in terms of your particular business needs, there is definitely an app for it.

Minpunten: 1. They dont allow for multiple warehouses/locations in their inventory system!
2. They dont allow for cost of goods (COGs) vs. Retail pricing in their system which means it is completely useless for any inventory management or accounting needs
3. Their inventory system doesn't have an "inventory taking" system built in which means it has to be done manually (NOT an option for anyone who has ever had to actually manage an inventory. which i assume is ALL of us)
Overall, their shortcomings are ENTIRELY within the inventory department which is such an essential aspect of running a business and book keeping.

Secure Messaging App

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2019
Maryann A.
Freelancer
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Using Telegram has been a fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to reach out to a large number of audience. Its secure and also has numerous features that would make your messaging experience interesting.

Pluspunten: I am a freelancer and I get to use messaging apps most of the time. Telegram is an instant messaging App I find interesting because it is very fast when your internet connection is right. It is one of the most secured messaging app I have used. I love the silent messaging and slow mode. You can have a quiet time when you use telegram because the notification sound can be disturbing and annoying, so the silent messaging is a plus for me.
Telegram has the ability to accommodate thousands of people in a group which is another thumbs up for me. I don't have to worry about a limit of hundreds of people in a group. It allows you to pass your message to large number of people.
The hashtags are wonderful, makes messages easier to find. I can also record and listen voice messages.
I have been able to get Infos through various telegram groups I've joined and the experience has been awesome.
I could also call any member of the group even without having their number.

Minpunten: The calling feature can be frustrating if your internet connection is down. Apart from this, I don't have any problem with the App.

Shopify is an absolute MUST for e-commerce.

Beoordeeld op 21-7-2019
Donna D.
Make-Up Artist
Cosmetica, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: When I first launched my online store, I used squarespace. After a year, I switched to Shopify because we could easily adjust the shipping fee for the different countries. Plus, Shopify has that connection with FB, Instagram, Pinterest, and Amazon .. you can't beat that.

Pluspunten: There are so many things I love about Shopify and their customer service is at the top of the least. They have 24/7 availability to chat live with a representative. As an entrepreneur, sometimes you are working late into the evening (past midnight) and someone is always available to answer your questions! I am floored by this. And if they do not have an answer, the representative will reach out to other employees and email you back with the solution. Excellent service.

Minpunten: There isn't much I don't love about Shopify. They connect with FB and instagram and sell on those platforms, they provide excellent analytics, easy information for shipping internationally, and many templates and apps to help elevate your business.

I should have switched to Shopify sooner!

Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019
Neville P.
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Shopify customer service is pretty amazing. They are knowledgeable and easily help you with anything site related. Customer service is not quick to get you off the phone, they truly seem like they want to help me succeed and even offer up suggestions on things I didnt know about for my store...I feel like each time I have had the need to contact customer service, not only do they resolve whatever issue I was having, they leave me with even more knowledge so I can excel my website. I've only had one issue that was unpleasant and that was when Shopify resynced my products to google. I was getting really good traffic and when they did the resync, all my sessions dropped to maybe 15-20 per day. Im still recovering from that because I was doing about 500 sessions per day before they did the resync. Wish they would have told me it would cause a pause in sessions because it turned out the products were already synced with google and live on the shopping ad I have running but for some reason these products showed as pending on the shopify side. They really didnt do much to check into that before doing the resync so this is quite frustrating that I lost my momentum with google.

Pluspunten: Anyone can create a great looking website with little effort or knowledge about building websites. A little bit of a learning curve but after that I found Shopify to be quite easy to use.

Minpunten: I really dont understand the need for all the apps. It forces you to have to speak with third parties when issues arise with the apps. I feel the majority of the apps offer features that should already be integrated within Shopify but since the apps I've needed are free (for now) Im ok with this. I know big commerce uses apps too.

I always appreciate how easy Shopify is to use.

Beoordeeld op 21-5-2019
Danielle D.
Director of E-Commerce
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, we have been able to solution things from, wholesale lock screens, to making a new site very easily. To app plug ins that help with fraud, and tracking analytics.

Pluspunten: The best parts about this software are the fact that anyone can use it. Even people who are not well versed in E-commerce.
It is fantastic for stores of all sizes, and now it can manage multiple warehouses.
I love the support we get with Shopify PLUS, and every time I have issues or am looking for app solutions they point me in the right direction.

Minpunten: My associates get confused when the UX updates piece by piece, I personally do not mind it, but day to day as they do updates it can look different, and I need to explain to them this is how you would update a large platform like this.

A pretty good option for a small business!

Beoordeeld op 26-1-2019
Freelance Writer
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, Shopify has made it simple to showcase and sell our product to customers all over the world. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone considering opening a small business.

Pluspunten: As an employee of a (very) small business--just me and one other full-time employee, and a handful of part-time folks--I was so relieved to find an e-retail option that had just the right amount of functionality. We only offer a couple hundred products, so we didn't need something exhaustive. And because a number of our employees were part-time, we needed something with a low bar for entry. We found it! It's Shopify. Shopify makes it easy to add, edit, and update product pages, giving our online store a sleek and simple look that's easy to navigate. It also has a ton of handy guides for updating your site and ecommerce tips overall. I learned so much from their features on social media!

Minpunten: Every once in a while, it's difficult to format a page in the way that we want. Our landing page was especially difficult, and we had to rotate through a couple template options before we found one that worked for our industry. We sometimes feel that Shopify wasn't especially geared for our inventory processing needs, though it would be much simpler for someone who was only selling a couple kinds of products.

Great service but you need to be careful

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2018
Yemin K.
Co-Founder & COO
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We saved a lot of time and money to build our own website. Most importantly we can be assured by the stable service.

Pluspunten: 1. Easy to use and hassle free. Analytics is super helpful.
2. There are some learning curves but it is easy to get accustomed.
Shopify constantly add up new features like social network integrations, new sales channels, added security and so on.
3. A lot of Apps to try although it is the double-edged sword. It is easy to determine which app you will pick based on a lot of reviews compared to different platforms.
4. Their default payment system - Stripe is very easy to set up. PayPal and Amazon Payment integrations are also very easy to set up.
5. Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram shopping integration is awesome. It is really helpful either send more customers to your website or real sales on those platforms.
6. Amazon and eBay integrations are not that great but worth to try.

Minpunten: Apps, Apps, Apps. If you want to add up some features that means you have to pay the extra money and also you might need to sacrifice your site's speed because of the added codes from Apps. Not every App but some Apps will definitely drag your site's speed. Uninstalling Apps are easy but there might be some residues from uninstalled Apps. That is annoying sometimes.

Excellent eCommerce platform from MVP to full scale

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2018
Pedro G.
Senior Global eCommerce Manager
Consumentengoederen

Opmerkingen: Quick and cheap setup

Pluspunten: Really easy to setup without any technical knowledge and very cheap options. I find it ideal for startups beginning their journey and business that want to go online with very low investment needed. It has also a wide ecosystem of plugins that you and add for the non out of the box functionalities, a lot of them for free and really easy to install and configure. Also one thing to remark is that you don't need to worry about hosting or capability as you scale the business as they take care of all of that + CDN for best perfomance. Also it has a more professional suite just in case you need more support.

Minpunten: The 2 most deceiving facts about Shopify for me is when you go international as it does not support multicurrency or different stores by country sharing stock (you need to create a different shopify for all of them)., that sometimes impact conversion as even if you are capable of doing some tweaks to show different currencies you can only transact in on, same happening with the localization of the site, which is not good for SEO purposes. the second thing is the fact that you cannot customize the checkout funnel, that provides the system to be more stable btu does not allow you to do A/B testing and improve conversion on checkout.

One-stop Online Shop

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019
Divan V.
Graphic Designer
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Shopify is a well-oiled machine and the platform is evolving with modern trends. I have had a good experience with this platform

Pluspunten: With Shopify, you can choose from thousands of online store templates that will give your online store it professional look and feel. Payments are secured and handle very discreetly giving you and your potential buyers peace of mind. Shopify integrates well with the mobile application and is optimized for users on mobile as well as desktop screens. Safe and secure back-up of all your transactional data as well your website data can be initiated with a few easy steps unlike competitive software that relies heavily on plugins Shopify breaks it down so that the website owner needs minimal coding knowledge to get around the important aspects.

Minpunten: In some instances adding advanced features etc. onto a specific template can be daunting if you're looking at a high level of customization that is not necessarily supported by the theme itself you can be confronted with some higher-level CSS and custom HTML coding to make additional features work well. I would love to see a free plan on Shopify especially for users that want to familiarize themselves beyond the free-trial period that Shopify has on offer when you initially sign up or show interest.

Shopify is a powerful and empowering e-commerce platform

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2018
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Shopify has comprehensive features that are super easy to use. It offers everything you need to get your online storefront up and running quickly, and many more advanced features that allow you to integrate with other vendors' tools and platforms, e.g., Facebook shopping, Google shopping, Google Analytics, Klaviyo email marketing, etc. There are a ton of Shopify developers out there if you want help customizing your storefront, or you can choose from a bunch of existing templates - both good options. This is the second business in which I've used Shopify, and I think it pays to work with the leader in the space because of its flawless existing integrations with other platforms. You may be able to find something a little cheaper, but if you do, you will likely experience much more difficultly as you try to expand your business.

Minpunten: The built-in analytics are super basic; it would be nice to have something slightly more robust (but then again you can easily integrate with Google Analytics so you're not at a complete loss - you just can't see it all in one dashboard). Customer support is good for most types of questions, but not as satisfying for a few more challenging questions I've posed (e.g., why has Shopify recently auto-enabled abandoned cart abandonment emails, especially when GDPR raises a lot of questions about when/to whom those types of emails should be sent?).

Shopify is the best ecommerce platform

Beoordeeld op 11-10-2018
Saviour yao D.
SENIOR IT MANAGER
Kleding en mode, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As far as am concern, ever since I moved my store to shopify, I've not encountered any glitches. My sales went up due to their inbuilt SEO features which drives me more traffic naturally.
I always recommend shopify to people who want to start their online stores

Pluspunten: Shopify is a great place to start! Whether you are a small seller with a few items, or a huge company, It has everything you need to have a successful online store.
Shopify is arguable the most popular platform for creating unique online stores.
My number one reason for choosing shopify over other platform is their security and up-time
Ever since i started using shopify I've never encountered any cyber security issues with them.
The platform has a wide variety of themes which some are free and paid version. The themes are very easy to edit due to the drag and drop feature which was introduced not long ago.
They platform also has lot of apps which you can use to extend the features of your store.
In all I chose shopify over WordPress' woocommerce after trying my store on both platforms

Minpunten: I have one major problem with the shopify platform. You can't set up complex shipping rules without paying additional money or upgrading to a higher plan. Even that you still need to pay for a shipping app from third parties to be able to achieve that.
Secondly the admin dashboard is quiet slow when you are making changes to your store.

The best option in the market for e-commerce.

Beoordeeld op 12-1-2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have had an experience that has exceeded my expectations. By hiring their services, you receive a very intuitive platform that offers everything imaginable so that your business can be at the same level as the existing large brands. I really like that I can work with a team without geographical limitations thanks to the Shopify platform. I have saved a lot of time in the programming, they offer you many options in their templates so you can build your store with the details that you like, it is a great experience.

Pluspunten: It seems fantastic to have in one place, everything you need for electronic commerce, I have a year of use for the people who work and it is great all the benefits it offers. You can, in a few minutes, upload a product for sale completing everything that your intuitive interface is requesting, then you can, within the same platform, use the SEO service to position your products in browsers, it's a wonder, , you can immediately post any products on social networks. I have worked with other platforms and none compare with Shopify. It has everything you need to succeed in digital entrepreneurship. Another important element in e-commerce is the analysis of statistics, with Shopify you have just one click, you can see the origin of web traffic and know from which electronic device people access your store.

Minpunten: The benefits offered by Shopify are greater than the negative aspects, so I do not identify problems when implementing it. They include constant improvements, so you can be sure that any possible inconvenience will be resolved in record time as we are accustomed to your customers.