Filteren op:

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over Brilliant Directories

Betaalbare, alles-in-één oplossing voor het stroomlijnen van websitebeheer, contributies, e-mailmarketing en meer. Probeer een demo!

Meer informatie over Brilliant Directories

625 reviews worden weergegeven

Alexander A.
Alexander A.
Online Marketing in Duitsland
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 11-50 werknemers

After long research I found this perfect solution to build a moving platform

5 8 maanden geleden

It is very easy to create a platform. It is like a modular system. The support is perfect. That is why you don't need IT staff. Also, price-performance is outstanding. You can use it as a directory and also as a lead generating system. Also, as a classified website. The dashboard is very well structured. I can write a book about the pros.

There are no real cons. I have now 6 websites with Brilliant Directory.

Mark V.
MD in VK
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

The Membership Directory Builder "On Red Bull & Steroids"

5 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Brilliant Directories was recommended to us & after reading many positive reviews we decided to give it a trial & very pleased we did. We found the scale of the software a little overwhelming at first, but after digging in we carved out a way for BD to give us the functionality our business idea required. (Developer Licence Advised) Depending on your needs BD may not do exactly what you want right out of the gate, but should you have a clear vision of what you aim to build & wish to achieve then BD is the best platform we have came across on our travels.

The sheer number of possibilities offered within the BD platform is quite mind boggling, in fact, mind blowing when choosing the VIP"Add Ons". BD has the flexibility to build either a vertical exact match, broad base or local directory. Support is "on the ball" & your questions are answered swiftly. Fortnightly webinars (often recorded) & an active FB Group also help to provide a comprehensive all round support package for members. Most features you would expect to see in a modern online directory are either already baked in or available as modular addons.

As new users to Brilliant Directories we felt that a short onboarding call could have been offered to help guide us through the maze of features. Although lots of video, webinar & responsive helpdesk support is available, nothing really beats being able to ask an expert directly. (FYI Paid coaching is available.) There is a fairly steep learning curve if you want to maximise your BD install. At the time of writing this review BD does not support any of the popular integration hubs, but Zapier is due to come online soon & hopefully this will pave the way for many others too. (Pably, Integromat, Konnectzit, Sync Spider etc)

Annelie R.
Project Manager in Zuid-Afrika
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Customer support on the free software, very early stage.

4 5 dagen geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: In this early stage, I scheduled a meeting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. He was really brilliant and very effective in his support. It was such a pleasure to work with him. That has convinced me to buy the software for my personal business as well.

It is early days and I would like to give a review on this a little later when using the software for a longer period.

I am concerned about the fact that there is a recommendation not to use emails set up by go daddy. Still need to contact support before I set up the product I bought for myself personally - simplexitysa.co.za

Joey G.
SEO Consultant in VS

Bait & Switch Tactics

2 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been trying to do business and have faith in this company for around 4 years and they continue to over promise and under deliver. I somewhat blame myself for allowing myself to be sucked in over and over again. I have put my best foot forward and have purchased 3 full license plans as well as Executive Coaching and the other "Never Offered Before" services over the years and always end up frustrated. I have focused my efforts on trying to build out one directly properly before trying another. My first full license plan was purchased at a significantly higher price than today's prices. I'm amazed how often they run "Last Chance Offer" specials and again I partially blame myself for allowing to be sucked into it. I recently paid for a platform upgrade because I was told for my site to be fully mobile responsive (even though it was advertised as such), that I needed to spend money which I agreed to. One of my stipulations and actually the main reason for the upgrade is that local businesses would have click to call functionality from the directory. It seems to me that would be a no-brainer functionality. After the migration, I tested the click to call functionality and it was working fine. I have dated emails with them where I discuss the feature working and not working before. Everything was working fine until I noticed about a week ago that it wasn't working again. I notified their customer service and I am being told it is an added feature and I can contract someone from their marketplace. After several back and forth emails, I have had enough of their tactics. This company has a model of sell an out of the box directory and start your online directory tomorrow. They leave out that you will require additional things and they are perfectly willing to sell it to you. They don't stand behind their product and I have sent an email requesting a full refund of every dime I have paid them unless they make it right. I have only asked for what I have paid for and nothing more. I am certain I am not alone in my treatment. I have tried to work it out with them to no avail. All I asked was for a feature that was working, was the reason for my upgrade in the first place is restored.

It's a great idea

The customer service is atrocious

5 jaar geleden

Hi Joey, I'd first like to thank you for your feedback. We take all of our reviews to heart and use them to help us improve our services. I'm so sorry you feel misled - that was never our intention. All of us here at Brilliant Directories strive to provide the best customer support possible and we want all of our users to succeed. This is why we guarantee 1 business day response times, provide an educational community marketing group on LinkedIn, actively participate in our community forums, and host weekly webinars to allow users seeking help to call in live with questions. While we do offer premium add-ons in addition to our flagship software, they are not necessary to get a profitable directory website up and running. Additionally, because Brilliant Directories websites are built on the Bootstrap framework, all websites are mobile responsive immediately from launch. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience. We have reached out to you in the hopes of remedying this situation.

Martyn B.
Business Owner in VK

I Didn’t Think It Could Be Done – How Wrong I Was

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Some of my previous directory software had some features but were either not very well supported, were not reliable or were out of date. Brilliant Directories look after and update every single feature-packed section of their platform which is very encouraging. Support is very fast and knowledable.

I’ve been ‘looking’ at running a directory for some time now. Using Wordpress, JVZoo and Warrior Plus products and services but NONE have given a satisfactory result. My local community enjoyed my local website for a number of years but it never really turned into something I was planning to do with it. Other directories I’ve managed suffered from lack of support or even the vendors going out of business. So, I needed a format from a vendor I could trust that had first class support in place, a reliable website with an engine that was updated regularly and, also, had to be easy to use. I didn’t think it could be done but, how wrong I was … enter Brilliant Directories. Absolutely everything one could wish for seemed to be included in their offering. Getting started was a breeze as everything is laid out in a sensible order with help every step of the way via text documents with images and or short training videos. I needed to contact support on occasions and they got back to me in a timely manner which did impress me. I now have a clear roadmap to how I can monetise all the features that Brilliant Directories brings to the table. Yes, it’s a big deal to get from starting to the finished article and it won’t be done overnight but, the way everything is presented inside each directory makes it so straightforward and intuitive that any of the usual roadblocks are simply not there. I’m pleased that I came across this software (and the vendor as their track record has b

Some features are niggly to set up but not because of Brilliant Directories but places like the Google developers section and Facebook Apps which are very complex for a non-techie person. However Brilliant Directories had text and image help files and videos on each step so softened the frustration. Also, support were able to step in to help very quickly.

Frank F.

If You Demand the Best - Look No Further

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: AS far as a business relationship goes, I have never been treated more professionally by any other company that I have dealt with online. I feel appreciated, respected, and valued as a long-time customer. The integrity of everyone that I have dealt with over the years is beyond reproach. The personal attention I always receive and effort put forth to do the best they can by their clients is unsurpassed. I cannot speak highly enough about their complete professionalism.

My directories have become the backbone of my business. The years that I have invested in learning how to maximize the constantly growing list of features and expanded capabilities have made my investment in the BD platform one of the most solid business decisions I have ever made in my inline career. Knowing that my search for the perfect platform to use as a foundation on which to build my business has allowed me to grow and prosper in a fiercely competitive marketplace.

The inability to build high-end landing pages that render beautifully in mobile view. While there have been improvements in this area, there is still a long way to go. I hope capability gets serious attention in the new year.

Karen F.
managing director in Nieuw-Zeeland
Human Resources, 2-10 werknemers

great product with loads of bells and whistles

5 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: excellent. staff excellent at resolving issues and answering queries

really happy with our decision to move from another product to brilliant directories. whilst it takes a while to get to grips with the customisation options - this product can be tailored to suit almost any membership site deployment and there is great support available to get you up and running quickly.

slightly clunky admin interface - could be more intuitive about where to find things

Volkan S.
CMO in Canada
Fotografie, 2-10 werknemers

Right Choice!

5 10 maanden geleden

I tried almost every membership and directory software in the industry. Overall, Brilliant Directories is the best solution for me. I used the free trial option for a week and loved it. It is so easy to use and it's an awesome product even without the VIP Add-Ons.

I'll let you know once I open it to the world. I haven't tested it with the real members yet.

ceo/owner in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

It works, it looks good but it costs

5 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: So far its been simple to set up and there are a ton of resources to help

Look sick on mobile, heck looks good everywhere, easy to edit, lots of help in FB groups and CS. Lots of add on as well..

The add ons are far from affordable and it really reminds me of a popular ecom planform in that respect.

Mitchell D.
Mitchell D.
Editor in VS
Public relations en communicatie, 2-10 werknemers

Wow, does this have lots of features...

Opmerkingen: Love it

But they are sort of the Feature Creep situation where by adding all things -- and they have a program where if we help design a new feature we can get a royalty....

Sort of complicate -- could have a better series for onboarding -- like here's a series or 12 Videos to watch -- like 10 minute videos.

Dr. virginia R.
Dr. virginia R.
Founder & CEO in VS
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Our Search is Finally Over!

5 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it has been an excellent experience with the Brilliant Directories team. I had many questions and found a lot of my answers in their very active Facebook group. They were very quick to answer all of my questions when I reached out to the team or support. This is literally one of the most comprehensive association/director/membership platforms available and you can have it up and running in a few hours. It is a game-changer for us since we've tried many other options.

We love the fact that with Brilliant Directories, anyone can have their site up and running ready to accept new embers within a day. This is a mature, robust platform with outstanding features. Our use case is an association with a multi-tiered member directory. After testing the site, we found that Brilliant Directors meets and exceeds our goals. The platform offers many features we had not thought of that will add great value and help us scale quickly. We like the fact that everything is built within the platform and the user interface is pretty good, especially compared to the competition.

A few of the feature limits, like storage, are potentially a bit low if the site membership grows significant, which is the goal. Fortunately, they have add-ons at affordable prices so the features can grow in pace with the site.

Sandy D.
President in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Brilliant Directories: A Brilliant, Outstanding Company!!!

5 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Another major factor in our decision to go with Brilliant Directories was that they provide the most support on the plant! You get helpful videos from some of the best business directory experts in the US. It's is like going to BD university. Their online help universe gets you the answers you need immediately. Also, if you are still struggling, you can get help by submitting a ticket. The customer support people are great! Also, their Facebook page has a very active community that shares ideas and is there to help you 24/7. If you are looking for the whole package, killer software, great support, and an active community that is there to help you reach your goals, seriously consider Brilliant Directories as your online solution. You won't regret it.

When we first starting researching directory software, we spent a few months looking at various options in the marketplace. Since we were working with major companies in every market, It was very important that the platform be very stable, be loaded with features, and be bug-free. It needed to be solid, day one. We read all the reviews, tried all the free trials, and finally made our decision. After extensive evaluation, the Brilliant Directory product easily won the competition. Brilliant Directories is a "World Class" product. It's rich in features. Really, it has more features than any other platform. And the best part, it all works! Unlike other software, that can be buggy, the Brilliant Directory works the first time. And if you are having setup issues, their customer care people can help you get up and running quickly. Also, if you can run Microsoft Office programs like Word or Powerpoint, you can set up a Brilliant Directory Website. There is nothing to code. And unlike other products, you won't have to spend thousands of dollars paying your IT people to try to make some other buggy directory software work properly. If you've ever struggled for days or even weeks with second-class software to get it running right, you will appreciate how simple they have made the software to the end-user. It's easy it is to get up and running in a few hours! That right, hours, not days or weeks.

We really don't have any major or minor complaints about the software. I was expecting that something so complex, with tons of features, would be a nightmare to set up and run. I expect problems. It ended up being really easy. Most of it is was automatic. Like all high-quality software products like iPhones, or Microsoft 365, the Brilliant Directories software is elegant, solid, and VERY user-friendly. This is the one to beat!

Steve C.
Steve C.
Manager in Malta

These guys are truly passionate about letting normal people own productive and customisable websites

5 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I managed to create a website which allows me to work from home and make some extra money to help with the bills. I created a top-notch website with no knowledge of programming or coding, thanks to the great work done behind the scenes by everyone involved with Brilliant Directories. They are truly passionate about their work, and it shows.

My previous website built by another company started falling to pieces due to the fact that the programmers wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for every comma or full stop I needed to add. I could not do any alterations myself, even though they had promised that I would own the code. In the end, I lost all my google rankings and it became ineffective. I was about to lose all my members and 3 years of hard work. I am so glad that after some research, I found this great company who ticked all the boxes of my requirements. First, I wanted to be able to customise all the site pages. Not just the design features. I needed to be able to create new customised pages, in order to allow me to develop my original concept. As well, I wanted this flexibility to be able to keep the website relevant as time went by. Secondly, I wanted to have a support team which is expert and dedicated to this site. The main clincher is that the support is included for free with the package you buy, and not charged separately for every minor issue one will invariably encounter along the way. The exception to this is when you need to do some major changes which will affect the whole system. The job you require is quoted by select programmers, who do a great job. The forte of brilliant directories is their amazing documentation, video tutorials and the Webinar Wednesdays. Go through these and you can learn how to manage your site inside and out. They hold nothing back. Cannot thank them enough.

Even though Brilliant Directories offer website templates for most types of businesses, varying from Yellow pages type, to Real Estate to Events to Jobs, if you have a website concept that doesn't fit exactly into a template, then you need to do some customisation. For this you need to pay extra. The learning curve increases the more different your concept varies from the templates. There are so many possibilities with this software, that you can never really master it all, especially if you have no coding knowledge like myself. However, considering the low entry fee, and that most businesses are covered by the templates, then the chance of any major software customisation you might need are minimal. Anyway, to their credit, they are constantly updating the basic structure with new functions and this is decreasing the need of customisation.

Doris F.

Brilliant and Caring!!!!

5 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm grateful that I found brilliant directories, the fact that the support team is so patient, understanding, and eager to help my business grow is amazing. I feel like I not only found a great product, but I'm a part of a business family that's down to earth, and genuinely want my business to be successful. I'll never forget what Jason did for me, for anyone to take the time to give valuable help and advice at no cost says a lot to me about that person's character. I'm just so thankful to have found a company that's not all about just making a quick buck off of you, but that really wants to see your business succeed. Thank you so much Jason, and the entire support team, you guys are AWESOME!!!!!

I like most about this product is the ease of the video tutorials, and the prompt response from the support teams, they really helped me set up my directory with minimal stress.

I don't like that I'm not able to understand the development side of the software. Things that I'd like to implement into my site I'm not able to, because I don't know how to read codes, and scripts.

5 jaar geleden

Hi Doris. We can't thank you enough for your amazing feedback. We're thrilled that you've been successful with the software. Regarding the major customizations that may require some coding, we hear your complaints. This is our development teams number one priority at the moment. We truly do appreciate your honest review. It's what helps us continue to improve the software for our amazing users like yourself :)

Victoria B.
Founder in VS
2-10 werknemers

Good software, but must know HTML, CSS and Javascript to get the full benefit

5 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There was definitely a learning curve with this software. I was not aware that so much HTML knowledge was necessary. Even the support is answered in a way that tells you to go in and change some HTML, which I think is misleading. I am not that knowledgeable in programming languages and I'm finding it difficult to go in and make some of the changes I need to make. The term 'widget' is also misleading. I'm sure the designers/creators know that many of us are coming from WordPress and for the most part, their widgets do not need extensive editing via HTML to do what you need. With BD, there is no WYSIWYG editor for the widgets which makes it nearly impossible to get the widget to do the things you need unless you hire a developer, which brings me back to some of the features being misleading. If you are like me and running a one-person show, you will not be able to pay thousands or even hundreds of dollars to get a widget to display differently, something that should be easily editable via a WYSIWYG editor. Also, searching for which widget controls what is confusing, even when viewing your website as an admin. I think this is powerful software and I can appreciate the time spent developing it, however I think more consideration needs to be given to those who are not developers. It's only fair.

I like the payment features, especially the fact that members can upgrade their plan on their own. I also like that the software comes with payment processing built right in. The geolocation is also a great feature.

As I stated above, too much programming knowledge is needed to get the full use of the software. I think future updates need to address this issue and help make it more user-friendly. Also, it is difficult sometimes to find where you need to go to make certain updates - the section titles are not clear.

5 jaar geleden

Hi Victoria, thanks so much for your feedback! The Brilliant Directories platform was designed so that anyone, despite their experience level with HTML or CSS, can successfully launch and manage a directory website. While more complex edits and customizations do require the editing of some HTML or CSS, the majority of the website settings are either point-and-click or drag-and-drop. We truly do value your input and will be sure to keep your suggestions in mind for our future updates. Many of our upcoming updates do reflect your suggestions to incorporate even more point-and-click options that don't require any HTML or CSS knowledge. We love hearing what our users have to say so that we can continue making the platform even more easy to use. Thanks for the review!

Paul W.
MANAGER in Nieuw-Zeeland
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

The only Directory platform you'll want or need...

5 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I wanted to open an online directory and did my research online. I didn't have alot of money or time and wanted something easy to setup without hours and dollars spent customising as i'm a perfectionist. Enter BrilliantDirectories.com I paid their comparatively tiny fee and placed the directory theme on my domain. The default theme is good but the ability to edit it is very easy so I spent a while changing the theme to my liking. The SEO,features and everything required to run an online directory are included and I imported some businesses very easily. Note , their admin shows a 10GB LIMIT but this can be ignored , I went over the limit of data but BD allow this so there are no limitations when using BrilliantDirectories. The site is currently live at PURELOCAL.com.au and it is great. I highly suggest purchasing the lifetime licence , 1 domain lifetime licence is what I got but am considering spending a little more to get lifetime licences for 5 domains. Their server appears to have constant uptime and all server/ftp/etc edits can be done including htaccess , gzip , ssl , security , optimisation , etc. There is 1 other service offering the same .. service..which I viewed online but their default themes were ugly and their prices higher. In terms of support with your BD site - they have an online forum and ticket system which will answer your questions within 1-2 days. Because they are popular they answer alot of support tickets therefore I wouldn't demand an immediate answer as your request takes 1-2 days to investigate and aptly respond to. All you need to perfect or edit the design of your BD store is a mediocre knowledge of CSS - but if you're not computer savvy at all , you'll still be able to run your own great looking online directory... I'm rating BrilliantDirectories a 4.9/5 ... if you're a user of BD and require my help with something , please contact me through PURELOCAL AUSTRALIA. All the best and best of luck with your BD site! PAUL

AFFORDABLE EASY TO USE NO COMPETITION GOOD TECHNICAL SUPPORT HIGH QUALITY TEMPLATES GOOD SEO RELIABLE SERVERS ALL BASES COVERED HIGHLY CUSTOMISABLE

NO CONS THAT COME TO MIND

5 jaar geleden

Hi Paul, Thanks so much for the stunning review - we're glad your directory has taken off without a hitch! We understand how important good tech support is to our customers. We typically respond to tickets within 1 business day, though we do appreciate your understanding if it takes slightly longer. Our team is always just a click away to help make your dream website a reality. Cheers!

Susan F.
Founder in VS
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Niet verstrekt

Confused by support emails and options

5 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Have been getting regular emails about support. One that arrived the other day said would cost $2000. to set up my website, and want to know, how much of a setup is that? Will you find an appropriate template?
Set colors?
Upload my logo?
Discuss with me and set options for membership levels? Discuss with me and upload categories from plan? Can you send me any links from websites you did the setup and they went live? In addition I recall asking for basic training but no one got back to me about a time to set that up. Instead I got an email to complete to get developer bids. Seems like I'm responding to your emails request for response, and not sure if anyone is actually reading them and responding... which leaves me confused. Hiring a developer may be too expensive for me. The other day I responded to one of your emails and attached the startup plan excel document and you said you could set up my website for $200. if that includes colorizing, choosing a template that will shine, communicating with me so categories and membership levels are good, my logo is uploaded and looking good on background and my site looks professional, and is truly ready to go... ready to sell... ready to use to look up local restaurants, etc. Great! Bottomline is if you can get me up and going, looking and working good for $200., will use my logo, and discuss with me how to manage the site, I would love to move ahead and do that, and want to know how to get that clarified and move forward. Right now I'm confused as to how to find out more details about the levels of support, what I really get (such as I have a domain at godaddy or hostgator so how does that work?), and seems when I do respond to your emails for support -- like I thought I booked a getting started session request -- yet no one got back to me with a response about actually setting up the training time. So am confused and want to forge ahead... otherwise... love you folks :) Thanks!

7 jaar geleden

Hi Susan, Thank you for your message. We are always happy to help - especially if this is your first directory website with us. 99% of users can start customizing their sites with colors, images, text, membership levels and more after watching some of the GETTING STARTED video guides. Here's a link to find some easy video guides to show you how to set up all the aspects of your directory website. The first video is "WELCOME TO BRILLIANT DIRECTORIES": http://support.brilliantdirectories.com/support/solutions/articles/5000610378-welcome-to-brilliant-directories It shows first-time users some of the most basic features of the software. As always, please feel free to browse our Knowledge Base and join discussions in the community forums here: http://support.brilliantdirectories.com/support/discussions/5000044830 We wish you great success with your directory website. Help is just a click away! - Brilliant Directories

Jon R.

Great Value

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Generally good ... I will say I haven't used it as much as I have hoped but ultimately that is on me ....

I really like the webinar Wednesdays when I have attended them, I will admit it has been a while but see the additional training as valuable. I find the software robust and while my website building skills are on the lower end I can usually figure out how to use the software, it might take me a little longer but ultimately I usually figure it out.

In some ways the same as my pros in that it can be somewhat difficult and overwhelming at times but that has to do more with my skill level but generally I find a way so not too much of a complaint here.

Ceslovas R.
Consultant in Litouwen
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Finally I have made a decision!

5 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been looking for a platform for creating business software and its vendors directory. I analyzed many Word Press Directory Themes available on the market and decided not to compile my system from numerous plugins but to use integrated platform devoted for this purpose.
After comparing Market Grabber, eDirectory and Brilliant Directories platforms I have chosen the last one.
Pros:
2. Continually developing leads generating module.
Cons:
1. There is not possible to set up hierarchical structure for products feature.
2. Products rating and review functionality is missing.

1. Convenient directory structure. I will use Listing feature for Vendors and Product feature for software systems. 2. Continually developing leads generating module. 3. Perfectly developed users training and support system (videos, documentation, community forums').

1. There is not possible to set up hierarchical structure for products feature. 2. Products rating and review functionality is missing. 3. Not very flexible pricing setting system for different membership levels. It would be nice to set additional payments for every category and service area.

5 jaar geleden

Hi Ceslovas. Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you've found our training and support resources helpful. We are constantly adding new material to our Support Center to make sure our users have as many resources at their disposal as possible. I also appreciate the cons you laid out - these help us improve the software. Regarding the pricing system for your different members, while individual membership levels are limited to the pricing options you set for them, you can create more niche/specific membership levels for certain categories or service areas. You can then set different payment options for those - just another option :) Thank you again for your feedback!!

Luis R.
President in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 2-10 werknemers

My Great Experience with Brilliant Directories

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been exceptional, I love the videos like I told representative, I stay up late at night just watch them. They are great educational tools. The conference calls are great because you get to learn from other entrepreneurs from all over the world. I didn't have that experience with the other company., or maybe they didn't stress it enough as Brilliant directory does. The other great experience I had in the last few days, is the call that I get from the owners of Brilliant directory, representative a co-owner calls me to congratulate me on my site. That tells me that they are paying attention to what new business owners are doing, it tells me that they are not just for our money, but also for the success of our business. That is key!

I really don't know where to start. There are so many great features that brilliant Directories offer. I love the different themes and ideas that the Brilliant Directory provides for me and my company. I have been with E-directory for several years, and I sometimes feel that they don't want to be bothered, on the other hand, I get the feeling that the owners and staff of Brilliant Directory make me feel that if they don't help us to succeed they won't succeed. That is a great attitude to have in any business. At first, it bothered me about the 15 minutes call they grant us, but after 2 sessions with Representative, he was able to show me how to build my site in less than 15 minutes.

Cons I can't speak of any. I haven't had any bad experience as of yet I don't foresee any, they are very organized with their product, knowledge, and training.

Cristina W.
Business Owner in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Great Software and Awesome costumer service but not efficient support

5 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I signed up for the system because I can see the potential of the system but I am having difficulties in using more advanced setting due to lack of information and support.
3 stars for ease of Use and 1 star for Customer Support because it is easy mainly to do very basic things demonstrated with the videos provided.
It was very easy for me to understand how to implement the menu and add new items to the menu but when I asked support for my menu to be the same as Brilliant Directories demo it took a long time for me to have it done even though I sent the link to the demo the way I wanted. I received the link to the video showing how to manage the menus 3 times even though I was saying that I have learned that already. By now there are a lot of pending things that are not happening in terms of support. The ticket system is not efficient. It takes a lot of time for the ticket to be responded and when responded a lot of times is with another questions and your answer opens another ticket which takes even more time to be responded. Kelvin Vaughan is amazing and promptly responds every time you contact him.
A suggestion to improve the awesome service Kelvin provides as representative of Brilliant Directories would be someone in the support team who could take care of everything the client would need to just start right after signing up, because the support is deficient and is not giving the high level of service Kelvin represents and gives on a personal level.

I wrote in my feedback

Inefficient Customer support

5 jaar geleden

Hi Cristina. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We hear what you're saying and we will do everything we can to improve our customer support. Sometimes our support team gets a bit back logged when an influx of support tickets are submitted, but we are committed to our 24 hour-maximium response times. And while our users wait for a response, we do encourage them to browse our free support center which has hundreds of support documents and video tutorials, along with participating in our community forums. But I absolutely understand where you are coming from and we will be working to improve our customer support. We sincerely thank you for your honest feedback, it's what helps us make our product and support even better. Thank you!

Delyse W.
Co-Director in Australië
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Fantastic product, easy to use

5 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Such a beautiful, practical product which you can start using straight away.
The team at Brilliant Directories are terrific and there are many avenues to find support if you need it. Excellent value for money considering this is a complete website that you can start using to generate income after just a few steps.
Navigation from both the back end and front end is easy, user friendly and fast. Easy to integrate with my existing wordpress site through links - I love that it is a stand alone product. Really happy!

How user friendly it is and the clean layout and design. I also like that it is a stand alone product. The features are comprehensive and I know will be excellent value for my customers.

The upload of the categories didn't work for me via the csv file however I am yet to discuss with the support team what I may have been doing wrong.

5 jaar geleden

Hi Delyse. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are thrilled the software is working as needed. I completely understand where you are coming from regarding support and that is a major facet of the company that we are currently working to improve. Feedback like yours helps us in doing that. Thank you!

William B.
Artist in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

I highly recommend Brilliant Directories!

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been with Brilliant Directories for several years. Their platform is the absolute best for running a powerful directory. Working with reps. is really phenomenal. It is really amazing to me that I can easily set up and run a powerful membership website. What I love the most about Brilliant Directories is their outstanding support staff, hundreds of online step-by-step videos, Webinar Wednesdays, and extensive online documentation. People that work at this company don’t just want to sell you a website package. Instead, they are all about creating successful business relationships! They fully understand that their customers’ success is their future success. Their Bootstrap framework provides the flexibly for each particular business needs. Thank God I no longer have to deal with trying to get a theme and a countless number of plugins to work together. I have 4 websites with Brilliant Directories now and plan to add many more in the future. If you are looking to get your business online, I highly recommend Brilliant Directories. They are #1 for a reason!

Having the 50+ dynamic add-ons provides me a website comparable to those of billion dollar companies.

My experience with Brilliant Directories has been PERFECT.

Tima V.
Former Developer in
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Niet verstrekt

If you are looking for a directory template or software, Brilliant Directories is all you need

5 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I just want to thank you for the last 8 weeks working with all of you incredibly awesome people at BD. I want to thank you Dennis for finding a great yearly solution, the warm welcome, your vibrant and uplifting personality and your proactive 'it can be done' attitude. I want to thank Gaby for being an incredible first coach, you listened to every concern, always guided me in the right direction and made me truly feel I had a friend holding my hand through those first days Kindness and professionalism are hard to come by these days'and Gaby you have this rare ability I want to thank Esteban who as a developer really eased my mind, was so incredibly willing to help at all hours, his coding talent, and the energy of how much he really is proud of BD. He got me through that time when I was about to throw in the towel. I want to thank Alex 'for her meticulous responses, to every bullet point, her kindness and empathy ' and her professionalism and great organization. I never worried I wouldn't receive a response, and always felt at ease you would always find a way to get everything done. And Oscar ' thank you for the last 'bugs'. As a developer, I need to say, your code is excellent, very light'script-wise etc. And hardly any bugs. I've worked on CMS's with so many scripts (for example Magento) - yours seems light as a feather. The BD template has great SM integration, email templates and member backend - you saved my client thousands of dollars in development fees. If my client takes advantage of your lead generation system - there is no excuse for not having a successful directory. You have supplied all anyone needs for a strong launch. That you don't have a lot info for a developer yet is probably the only thing that was frustrating. It would be nice to see visually what all those widgets are in the backend, but I know that will come in the future. Finally, at some point, Alex said to me, 'Welcome to the BD family' on Skype. It really meant something to me, I actually felt it, and after days of working with you all I realized just how much of a family you all are, how you all respect each other and work so closely and with so much care. That 'Welcome to the BD family' wasn't just a typical business welcome. It was a real thing. I would love to work with you all again. And for sure, I will be recommending BD to other developers

Andy G.
freelance in Ierland
Animatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Honest Review - as requested.

5 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Going to focus in the negative, which is probably want you want to hear. Before I start, I love your product and I'm looking forward to adding more directories in the future. OK, the bad stuff.
1. Reading through previous posts, over a year old I read that restricted access admins still cannot be created - this is essential to a large directory!!
2. Your offer to make a one off payment rather than monthly concerned me initially, regarding credibility and why? Why would any business prefer short term gain rather than a monthly rental? At first this set off alarm bells regarding cash flow, then I came to the conclusion that it is probably due to a high churn rate of directory owners, so hit em big once makes sense. The rolling last month - ending forever this month is a bit cheesy too. Customer support, I deliberately gave you a low rating to make you notice, in reality customer service was great - BUT offering a better level of support to paid members is not encouraging for newbies trying to get their directory functional within the trial period. I did get a reasonable explanation regarding resources, but I still think its not a good idea. Conclusion - love it.............just need to make it work now.

read previous

as above

5 jaar geleden

Hi Andy. Thank you so much for such an honest review. We truly do appreciate it as it's reviews like yours that help us improve our software each and every day. Regarding your concern with implementing a feature to limit admin access for "lower level" admins - that feature is in the pipeline and our development team is working diligently on it. Regarding the one-time payment, I understand your concerns. In fact, we've recently switched over to monthly payment plans and have done away with our one-time payment option. Thank you again for such an honest review. We take everything to heart and we will absolutely be using your review along with every other review to improve our company as a whole, our customer support division, as well as the software itself. Cheers!