Seamless low-cost solution for small to mid-sized companies that kills busy work

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2019
Shae J.
Human Resources Director
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: -Paperless onboarding/offboarding to support a remote workforce -Integrations with existing ATS, removing the needs for duplicate data entry -Digital document storage, allowing us to digitize all employee files. No more paper! -Time off tracking: Automatic rating to managers for review and approval of all time off requests while keeping the HR team aware of team schedules. Transparent reporting to have conversations with employees regarding the time off trends (% of unplanned versus planned time off). Time off solution also supports Prop 206 mandated sick leave. -Health insurance platform that allows for the execution of open enrollment, qualifying life events and new hire enrollments for all lines of coverage (med, dent, vision, life and disability). HSA app built in to allow employees to review available balances and submit out of pocket expenses. -ACA compliance: Built into existing subscription model that allows for ACA reporting, submission to IRS and 1094/1095 creation without the need for an accountant or an expensive solution. -Business intelligence: Real-time standard and customized reporting. I use this solution heavily as a federal contractor to execute our annual affirmative action reporting.

Pluspunten: With a solution like Zenefits, I have managed to reduce the HR budget year-over-year while going 100% paperless. The integration with our applicant tracking system allows me to push data seamlessly from my mobile device directly to Zenefits to extend an offer, wherever, whenever. I am no longer chained to the constraints of my desk, which is critical for an HR team of one. Easily the most comprehensive solution in the market (at this price point) that addresses onboarding/offboarding, automated and customized email triggers to employees, time and attendance, insurance, aca compliance, reporting (standard and custom) and a multitude of integrations. Since becoming a client over 2 years ago, I have gone to market year-over-year, and haven't found a solution that is comparable. Zenefits kills the busy work and allows me to dedicate time to our employees and driving meaningful initiatives, restructuring the experience with HR to being a partnership versus an administrative burden.

Minpunten: I would love it if the custom email triggers were built out with greater functionality. Right now I highly utilize this tool but I see the opportunity for additional growth. The site should have a support number listed in the event of an outage. Right now you can only access support if you are logged into the dashboard.

User Friendly and Intuitive

Beoordeeld op 21-11-2019
Sandy H.
HR Generalist
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The efficiency of Zenefits when it comes to onboarding is a huge timesaver. We're able to send employees key information they need before and after they start working with us with no manual work. I cut down on a few hours of work per week with this feature!

Pluspunten: Zenefits is super simple to learn how to use, both for Admins and for Employees. My employees love being able to use the software for benefits enrollment, time off, and other requests. It's easy to teach someone how to use it because honestly, I don't really have to--the interface is really simple and easy to understand. Saves me a ton of time as an HR professional!

Minpunten: The Time Off reporting could be more robust, but this will come with time. As our company grows we're looking to pull more quick reports on PTO accrual and other balances, and some of the values we're looking for aren't readily available. There have been some changes in this area though, so the developers recognize how the system should be improved.

Zenefits Review

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2019
Kelsi W.
Admin Assistant
Bouw, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: our overall experience with zenefits has been positive. The on boarding tools offer a wide variety of options an customization that really make the initial process a lot easier.

Pluspunten: The part that we liked most about zenefits is that it gave us one place to keep all employee documents. We also like that we could set up an employee by using the on boarding (hiring) service through zenfits which allows the employee to start their profile an also fill out needed employment documents electronically.

Minpunten: Initially we thought that the time card piece of zenefits was something that we were going to be able to use and would be rather handy for us. We quickly learned that Zenefits has not yet set up this module in a way that truly works for subcontracts who have to track employee's time by job number and phase code both. It can be done but takes a large amount of manual entry on the administrators part which then defeats the purpose of using such a tool.

Awesome Software - Absolutely Awful Support

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2017
Doug L.
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Gusto is by far the best payroll, and even if you go with Zenefits I suggest you use them for payroll. Do not let Zenefits convince you to switch over. Pretty much only their sales people are responsive/friendly and as soon as you pay, they disappear. If you are big enough to go with Workday, go with them (IIRC they require 12 employees). BambooHR has a decent option, but watch for the hidden fees. They're not really upfront on all the costs, and their stuff is complicated enough they require you to go through training to use it. I am REALLY hopeful that new management at Zenefits will finally clean things up, or Gusto will enter the full market of Zenefits and put them out of business. Gusto support is awesome, just don't leave Gusto in the middle of the year. They have a policy that you can't come back in the same year.

Pluspunten: For a small business there is not anyone cheaper than Zenefits and they have much greater integration and overall HR flow management than pretty much anyone I could find. When everything works, Zenefits is a beautiful thing.

Minpunten: Zenefits support is absolutely horrible. If there was ANY competitor that was anywhere close to having what they have at anywhere near their cost, I would have left by now. Support makes me downright angry on a regular basis. They don't read your questions and try to answer a different question, they take two or more days to respond (and there is no phone support), they tell you they'll call you back and do not, they give you wrong information over and over again. Almost no one who works there has any clue what they are doing, and their software messes up sometimes. The combination of the two has been a nightmare. I am constantly wondering if I'm actually saving time by using them, or if all the time I save is eating up with my many hours of arguing with support.

Great HRIS platform

Beoordeeld op 19-12-2019
Ashley G.
Human Resources
Maatschappelijk werk, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: There are many pros to Zenefits! Offer letter generation, custom fields for user specific information that needs stored, custom reports, Club Zen, the HR library and much much more! Anytime I've needed assistance customer service has been prompt and helpful. There are also tutorials and an extensive implementation period to make the end user comfortable with the system

Minpunten: If I had to list a negative it would be.... nothing!

User friendly solution, good experience overall

Beoordeeld op 7-1-2020
Strategic Planning Project Manager
Overheidsadministratie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We were able to get a good grasp of our employee timekeeping, and it saved us a lot of time processing payroll each week.

Pluspunten: I liked how easy it was to manage payroll. I also really appreciated all of the resources for HR handbooks, job descriptions, performance reviews, etc. Customer service was great, and really flexible with some of my out of the box requests. Having our employees clock in via our ipad app was handy. The mobile features were rough at first, but are coming around nicely.

Minpunten: The templates for new contractors and new hires were rather lackluster. It was also a little clunky and almost overly simplistic to pay contractors. Tax prep wasn't the smoothest.

User Friendly Solution

Beoordeeld op 2-1-2020
Katherine O.
HR Generalist
Fotografie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Zenefits daily and really do enjoy it. There are a few bug fixes that need to happen, but overall I do really like the product.

Pluspunten: Super user friendly and you can easily find whatever you are looking for

Minpunten: The app is very buggy with clock in/out feature

Effective, but pricey, payroll tool

Beoordeeld op 2-12-2019
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The experience has been ok. It gets the job done but I'd be open to new options.

Pluspunten: Zenefits has gotten the job done in terms of payroll and paying out contractors when needed. And they handle payroll taxes and necessary payroll reporting to the government.

Minpunten: The cost is high for a small business who might not have needs for most of their features. And the service has been fairly slow. For example, it took me a month to get a new form of payment on file as my business credit card had expired. During that month I had to handwrite checks and could not use the service.

Great to Use as an Employee

Beoordeeld op 16-10-2019
Amber C.
Inbound Marketing Strategist
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall as an employee using Zenefits in a small business, it's a great solution for consolidating our HR benefits and management. I've personally liked using it for about four years!

Pluspunten: As an employee who uses Zenefits to manage my time off, benefits and more, I love using it! They make the features easy to use and easy to understand, plus it's nice to have one place to look up all of my administrative activities and policies.

Minpunten: I hear from my boss who manages our businesses HR duties in Zenefits has had a bit of trouble with support. Personally from using the platform as an employee, I don't have any complaints!

Zenefits Beginning HR system

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2019
Melissa L.
HR Manager
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I would say this would be a good system for any business that has less than 40 employees but now that we have 60+ I do not feel it is meeting our changing needs as our business continues to grow. It is great for beginners to get into an HRIS system.

Pluspunten: Its easy setup was the part I liked the most about this software.

Minpunten: The ability to adapt to our changing needs and environment. Its inability to support Iphone usage for internet calendars. No integration for tracking FMLA, lack of options for background checks. Does not integrate well without other systems.

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2018
Shae J.
Director of Human Resources
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Minpunten: I wish the performance management module was baked into the subscription versus an add-on cost. The transition to a new brokerage, OneDigital, has come with its challenges, but I appreciate that the leadership teams both with Zenefits and OneDigital have been willing to personally speak with me to determine how gaps can be bridged to improve my experience as the employer.

Feature-Packed HR Platform

Beoordeeld op 21-5-2018
Mike M.
HR Manager
Publiceren, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: At our small company, we use Zenefits for basic HR administration like onboarding and enrolling employees in health benefits. It has saved us a lot of time over the past couple of years, particularly with the elimination of paper forms and the fact that it communicates with our healthcare provider. There are a lot of features on the platform and more seem to pop up every few weeks. The recent redesign has also made things a little easier for both administrators and employees. Our staff members also like the Time Off functionality in the system, whereby they can submit vacation or work-from-home requests and managers can then easily approve them directly from an email notification. Recently, the activation of the ClubZen area has given us a chance to interact with other Zenefits customers and provide direct feedback to the Zenefits team, which is an interesting idea and one that gives us a sense of belonging to the community at large. Monetarily speaking, we also think that the system is a great value for the price, even if we don't necessarily use every single feature available to us with our subscription.

Minpunten: The platform itself works well for the most part, though occasionally I'll run into areas where setting up a policy or enabling a feature seems a little esoteric and not too straightforward. Zenefits has also been working hard to improve their customer service, which has been a sore point for quite a few customers in the past. For this year's open enrollment, for example, I had to specifically reach out to the customer service team to get the process started, and was bounced around a little bit before landing with a benefits advisor. However, things were smooth after that. I think if these factors can be improved, the system will be really great.

Zenefits Review - French Broad Chocolates

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2017
Lauren S.
HR Director
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It would be great if there were a way to require that employees enter bank account information and disable the paper check option all together. I believe this is legal in North Carolina, where we are located, as long as the employee receives a pay stub. It would also be amazing if there were a built in team communication portal. We currently use GSuite to build Groups which can encompass non-Gmail email addresses, as well as HotSchedules. It is a bit difficult to always be adding folks' emails to so many different systems. If Zenefits could track employee reviews based on their position/wage changes, that would also be amazing! That's all for now.

Pluspunten: The aesthetic of the site is nice. The overall idea of employee/administrator shared duties is nice. The onboarding process is almost as efficient as I think it could be and the insurance function works pretty well with some exceptions. The multiple integrations with other software are also vast and offer many options for integration.

Minpunten: Does not integrate with QB Manufacturing Edition. Does not offer multiple job roles/pay rates (this keeps us from further exploring any timekeeping or alternative payroll integration). Org chart does not allow for multiple owners/CEOs. Does not allow for tracking of certifications or training for employees. Insurance deductions aren't correct after 2 fixes...still waiting on support for this. There is no general alert system upon logging in, as there was on the old platform. I-9 verification does not require employees to upload enough documentation. i.e. they can upload a driver license and not the 2nd form of ID, so when I receive the request to verify, there is only one form of ID there and I have to chase them down for the 2nd. If they do go into Zenefits to upload another form of ID, it is difficult to navigate.

Zenefits has been great for our company!

Beoordeeld op 14-12-2017
Teresa B.
Maatschappelijk werk, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Zenefits has been a great way for a small business, like us, to ease into technology. It has really great and helpful tools, the cost is far less than alternative options, and their customer support is usually excellent. It has helped cut down benefits paperwork tremendously, kept us ACA compliant, streamlined our hiring process, and we were able to customize other areas (such as documents) to help us track policies & trainings. We're still finding ways to be able to customize it to work for our company. So with all of the options we use and new ways we are able to customize it, the cost continues to go down once it's all factored into the equation.

Minpunten: Zenefits is a fast moving company, so sometimes changes come fast and furious. They usually are good changes, so that helps ease the burden. However, sometimes it can feel like I just learned how to use something and then it changes. But I guess that's also just the new normal. Other than lots of changes, I really don't have a lot of cons. When I come across issues, I contact a customer service rep and things are usually taken care of. I'm sure there are little things I would tweak here and there, but nothing significant that would make me not recommend using this product.

With the introduction of Zenefits!! Get most of your HR Problems Released!!!!

Beoordeeld op 20-8-2018
Venugopal S.
Technical Support
Verzekeringen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: In today’s life, a very big problem that big companies are facing is that HR is not manageable. I have seen a lot of companies that are facing this problem extremely. So, to overcome these barriers and make the flow smooth a brilliant software had been launched named: ZENEFITS!! It provides a platform that can be easily understood and can be used by an ordinary person. Great Na!! It also stores time and attendance of its users and supports Integration. One great thing is also that it provides a completely automated and electronic employees on-boarding services. It integrates all the functions of HR management under one roof only. This one is Awesome Guys!! It also supports reporting and filing data of ACA as well as it also supports customer service.

Minpunten: This application excludes international payrolls and having some problems in permanent storage of details of employees (Like mailing address of employees). Sometimes very awkward problems arise like managers are not able to access all the details of employees etc. Its Insurance Integration is also very bad as well as it provides only a few reports that are almost of no use. In comparison to its competitors, its prices are a little bit higher which also increases its cons. It has no performance management tools as well as it is not full HRIS, it is a basic system so use according to your needs.

Excellent HR platform for growing companies

Beoordeeld op 19-8-2019
Kate N.
Director of Operations
Bouw, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are able to manage Benefits, Payroll, Performance Management, Time Off Requests, and Paperwork all from one system.

Pluspunten: This program ties together most of our HR needs into one platform, making it easier for HR staff and employees to access the information they need. We process our payroll through Zenefits and they offered some 401k third party company options, which allows those benefits to be seamlessly integrated.

Minpunten: Support can be difficult to get online at times. They have a chat feature, which is most convenient for me as an administrator, but the wait times can be long or the chat request may be converted over to an email. This is a problem I have noticed over the past 3-4 months.

Great for small or growing companies

Beoordeeld op 26-2-2019
Kath F.
Sr HR Manager
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have used Zenefits for almost five years now, and it's had its ups and downs but it is still a solid solution that is easy to use, offers a multitude of solutions and helps us in areas that we just do not have expertise (like payroll tax).

Pluspunten: - If you get insurance through Zenefits, the payroll option is extremely easy. Some integrations offered for 401k.
- One Digital is a vast improvement as a Broker for insurance. Easy back and forth.
- HRIS interface is easy to use.
- Offers many different solutions for HRIS.

Minpunten: - Needs more admin user privileges. Right now, there is just a superadmin and then a few lower level admins and basic users, but superadmins are the only ones that can fully oversee the performance management aspect.
- More oversight in performance management software.
- In performance management software, currently a 180 review is actually structured as a 90 degree.
- Support needs work, but I think they are working on it. When it comes to tax payments and payroll issues, it tends to take the longest to resolve.

I have used many HRIS products in my career - I love the simplicity and sophistication of Zenefits!

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2018
Diana P.
Human Resources & Compliance Manager
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: There is so much to love - ease of configuration, plug and play functionality, instantaneous user access, complete control of documents, transparency to users, intuitive and consistent interfaces - the back-end touches that make this system so simple to use. New hires consistently comment on the simplicity of their onboarding and the professional appearance of the documents and emails they receive through Zenefits. I also appreciate that COBRA and other compliance requirements are seamlessly handled for me. I can be an HR department of one with Zenefits as my HR Coordinator. As a small nonprofit, we look for value and long-term investment in everything we buy - this has been one of the best and most effective purchases we have made.

Minpunten: I haven't found anything that I don't like or that I like less than something else. I have always been pleased with the changes and improvements made and have always received great customer service in a timely manner.

Love hate relationship

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018
Director of Development, Mic Productions
Omroepen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Listen, I'd still recommend them. I use the app almost daily, I log on at least a few times a week. It's a necessary tool in our belt and I'd be sad to lose them.

Pluspunten: Ok, so it's great that Zenefits centralizes all of your HR needs into one system. It's certainly easier than logging into individual insurance sites. I like that the app loads quickly and can quickly give me info on my commuter benefits balance or show me my insurance info. It's also very easy to log personal days. And it's nice seeing the structure of the company within the website -- it's great for transparency.

Minpunten: Sometimes the zenefits team can't answer your question -- especially when it comes to insurance brouhaha. I nearly had a meltdown this past summer when my insurance company INSISTED I wasn't covered, but zenefits insisted that I was. No one would speak to each other, and only after a month of emails and calls was it ironed out. I can't say that this is zenefits' fault -- but it was annoying how deeply unhelpful they were.

Zenefits was the first HRIS system my small company used (100 employee)

Beoordeeld op 10-1-2018
Robyn W.
COO
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Worth taking a look at.

Pluspunten: User friendly for both HR and employees (self-serve) --easy and intuitive to use. Incredibly easy to create customized reports off using almost any data point(s). Smooth automated benefits enrollment process. Responsive customer service and great online help tools. System doesn't go down and is fast enough to keep up with our needs.

Minpunten: Zenefits is still 'young' and getting its act together. Used to be free until last year and they are still evolving their pricing structure, so they may end up being too expensive for our small company. Considerable personnel turnover in past 2 years and change in how they manage some functions (for instance, they now outsource benefits management to a 3rd party company instead of managing benefits inhouse and I am not overly impressed with the current benefits mgmt. group). Limited paid time off functionality (system only allows tracking of one paid time off process and my company has 2 discrete time off policies).

Zenefits is a great piece of software making tremendous improvements all the time.

Beoordeeld op 10-4-2018
Betsy C.
Director of HR
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The ease of use for both employee and administrator is fantastic. New hires report an extremely pleasant onboarding experience through the platform. The automation is great and most things work extremely well. When they don't, my account manager is incredibly responsive and helpful. I absolutely love that the product team has taken several of my suggestions for improved functionality and implemented them.

Minpunten: Document storage doesn't work well for our use case. As a law firm, we have significant needs in this area and the current system is inadequate and cumbersome. Our need is greater than the typical use case. I preferred being able to call customer support when I had issues (outside of what my account manager handles). Submitting an issue through the portal and awaiting an email reply or call back (depending on which option is selected) is not ideal. Highly recommend a return to the prior method because it felt more available and 'real time'.

Zenefits is my go-to for all things related to HR. User friendly for both adm and end-user.

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2018
Michael G.
Finance and Administration Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As mentioned in the review...

Pluspunten: Zenefits was a lifesaver for our growing firm. Our firm was initially looking for a way to better manager PTO requests, but as we learned more about the product offerings, we took full advantage of making Zenefits the cornerstone of our HR infrastructure. Besides PTO tracking, the most useful/time saving features are onboarding new employees and open enrollment. With the functionality Zenefits provides, these previously time consuming and scattered tasks have become easy, accurate, and seamless. Having Zenefits available as a tool has enabled our Firm to offer employees a fully transparent HR tool that can assist them in managing their HR needs.

Minpunten: The inability to integrate information with our payroll provider - ADP Run. When Zenefits was launched at our firm, the integration was available and very useful. While not a deal-breaker, not having that integration is a bit of a pain.

A Must-have for small businesses with employees. Gone are the days of Spreadsheets and file cabinets

Beoordeeld op 17-4-2018
Chief Technology Officer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As a small business with only a few employees, it REALLY helps with getting our HR stuff together.

Pluspunten: So first off, we use zenefits on a daily basis for just about all of our HR functions. The support is great for when we've run into the very rare bug, and sales is always quick to get back to me. They regularly release new features and improve existing ones.
They are also VERY receptive to user feedback and idea suggestions.

Minpunten: Ya know, I'm not one to nitpick, but i have run into a few small issues lately.
Primarily, the issue we have now is that we've been on Zenefits for a few years now and have older "Legacy Pricing". We however do all HR tasks on Zenefits EXCEPT payroll.
Well fast forward a few years, their payroll product actually looks fairly promising.... until i learned that in order to start using their Payroll service, i have to first be updated to their newer more expensive billing plan. Bah.

Excellent user interface for the admin and employees alike.

Beoordeeld op 10-4-2018
Sandy P.
Channels-as-a-Service Manager
Werving en selectie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: An easy to use interface and a tool that allows our employees to electronically and seamlessly on-board. I enjoy that the tool automatically reminds the end-users to complete tasks and keeps track of everything in one useful tool. I would like to see it become an intranet for employees to access company specific templates, content and tools.

Pluspunten: What I like most about Zenefits is that it allows our employee on-boarding process to be completely automated and electronic. I love it!

Minpunten: The software I like, but being an earlier adopter, there were many growing pains within the company which caused a lot of issues with our open enrollment for two consecutive years. We recently resigned our contract and based on what we need, went with the basic (silver?) plan, which doesn't include Vacation Tracking. We don't need all of the HR support since we're a consulting services company. With that said, I'm disappointed that we weren't grandfathered in to having that tool.

Simple to use for admins & employees love it!

Beoordeeld op 16-6-2017
Director of Operations
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: As Zenefits users for the past three years, we've loved how easy the solution is for onboarding new employees. Employees have made comments like "I knew the company really 'got it' when the onboarding was so simple. It also nice to manage everything in one platform - payroll, benefits, onboarding, business intelligence, etc. Without Zenefits we would likely need an additional employee just to do paperwork. Zenefits has always been responsive to our needs as an organization and our customer success manager has been extremely helpful.

Minpunten: We had a rough open enrollment process with the tool, but we started earlier this year and should be in better shape. Because the tool is constantly evolving, sometimes features come and go (Zenefits got rid of an in-house stock options tool they had built and so we had to switch vendors as a result).