Over Thinkific

Thinkific is een alles-in-één online cursusplatform dat experts en docenten in staat stelt om snel geweldige cursussen te creëren en te leveren op hun eigen sites.

Meer informatie over Thinkific

For the plan I am on it is a shame there certificate functionality is not available.

Beoordelingen van Thinkific

Waar voor je geld

Thinkific heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 157 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Thinkific eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (157)

Melissa
Associate Director of Education
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

It works for us!

4,0 4 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Pamela
Pamela
President in VS
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

This is where I have my courses

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Anytime I have a problem their tech support is great. And I haven't had any tech problems with the platform - my students are happy and use it easily.

When I was researching all the different software for course hosting, I liked that this had a place to upload documents in the discussions. That might be really important for people teaching code or other products. Then I'm glad I choose this one because others take a % of income AND you have to wait longer for money.

The layout isn't as clean and modern as others - I'm hoping that will be updated at some point. It's a little ugly.

Overwogen alternatieven: Teachable

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: Thinkific had the ability to upload docs in the discussion area of courses. And doesn't charge a transaction fee.

Richard
Creative Director in VK
Architectuur en planning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Suitable For All Levels

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Thinkific has been perfect as a solution for my starting an online training product that also has spreadsheet tools included. My experience has been great. I have only once had to contact support and it turns out it was my error that was causing a visual issue, which was soon easily corrected, once I saw my error. They were quick to spot what I'd done and let me know.

That it's really comprehensive, yet still has a free to low-cost entry-level option. It's easy to use and looks visually great too with its customisable interface options. Oh and I love that you can i-frame other websites and URL's into your courses (this is great for spreadsheets and websites) - it saves a lot of time and energy, and updating! Oh, and it has / had a low payment processing fee structure.

I haven't hit any issues with it yet so to date there's nothing I don't like about it.

Overwogen alternatieven: Teachable

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: It's entry-level plans (including the free plan that was / is available at the time I joined) are fully featured. Certainly enough to get started and have to commit to a paid or more expensive plan. It looked great and also (at the time of joining and still I think) had a lower fee structure, etc.

Farah
Business Owner in VS
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good overall with critical limitations for teaching online live

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Good. They have excellent customer support and they responded to me quickly even during busy times. I actually recommended them for a company that has recorded videos and could benefit from using a modern LMS to share their recorded lessons.

I think I like the idea of the software. There are alternatives. I think I picked Thinkific first because they have clear description about their software, seemed reputable and seemed like they have good customer service and responsiveness. Their website is nicely responsive for different screen sizes. Although the theme itself is limited, and you are on your own to customize it, I felt that the drag and drop choices for the editor covered everything I need.

There were critical limitations that I felt decreased the value of the software for my business. The first thing that made me feel uncomfortable is that the website you build for your business through their LMS software would publish to the public immediately as you save the changes. I look thoroughly through the website theme settings, but there was no way to keep the website as "password protected" or "private" before it is published. As a result, I felt I should hold on about sharing important details until I write the entire content of the website, then drag and drop the content for the layout, and then put the content. After that first issue, I felt less excited. There were other limitations that resulted in me losing interest. I didn't feel like I want to pay to customize my website with HTML and CSS. importing your own website website was not a convenient option. My courses were live online but their website had no way of sharing the time on the website based on the user local or system time. I would have to pay for their Pro plan and do it myself with javascript. I could look up and learn how to do it, but I didn't want to. I felt like the software was good for only recorded content. The price they were asking for was not convincing anymore. Slowly and slowly I lost interest. Finally, I saw that they charge a flat fee for each student plus their monthly fee, for any student after the 100th student. I decided not to move forward with them.

Overwogen alternatieven: Teachable, TutorBird en Kajabi

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: I ended up not choosing Thinkific and went with an alternative.

SherriLee
Chief Fun Officer / Director of my Destiny in Canada
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Using Thinkific has helped me grow my business!

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: LOVE thinkific!

It's so easy to use, has great tutorials and their support is amazing.

It's gotten more technical over the years and really now a designer is needed to create beautiful landing pages unless you have time to figure it out.

Overwogen alternatieven: Udemy Business

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: Easier to use and no one critiqued my course to allow it to be on the platform

Lucky
Founder/CEO/Content creator in Nigeria
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Thinkific LMS platform. An honest review

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Thinkific is a great LMS with many inbuilt integrations. Even though most of the integrations are not free, they help in building a better LMS all round.

Other than being a good Learning management platform, students could upload video contents and gifs in the communities of a thinkific school. This isn't possible with other LMS I've used. I think this is a great advantage in my opinion as videos drives conversations better.

If I could upload SCORM/HTML5 contents it'll be a better product for me. Also, the course builder layouts are not as sleek as I expected in comparison to other products.

Overwogen alternatieven: LearnDash

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: I didn't want to get involved in the technical stuffs involved in building an LMS from scratch. I preferred using a SAAS platform (in this case Thinkific) that would cater for the technical aspects of the platform while I cared about creating contents for my students.

Joe
Joe
VP of Marketing & International Business Development in Thailand
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

The Best Online Course Creator

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We started with an idea to help colleagues and turned it into a course. Thinkific allowed us to get our idea out of our heads and into reality, and a usable product people could buy & use.

Thinkific made it easy to create & host our digital course for financial advisors. With any platform there is a learning curve at the beginning. Thinkific's support team was always quick to reply and help us learn the ropes.

I don't really have any complaints. It would be nice if the WYSIWYG editor were as good as Apple Pages, and turned out prettier text layouts in the templates. But, it's good enough.

Kelwin
CEO in Portugal
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers

Great tool. It would be just better if you build a mobile App for students.

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm really enjoying the experience.

Having an API that facilitates the integration with our back office.

Not having an app for the student experience.

Overwogen alternatieven: Kartra en Kajabi

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: Having an API that seamlessly integrated with our backoffice.

CEO in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Think About Using Thinkific

5,0 10 maanden geleden

For me is it was the user friendly features of the program. I was able to train myself on the features in a few hours.

Our company has enjoyed using Thinkific and in comparison to to other programs we don't find any negative issued with Thinkific.

Overwogen alternatieven: Teachable, WebinarNinja en Kajabi

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: Thinkific was the first program we tried and once we tested others we just never found another program that was better for our needs.

Gavin
Director in VK
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Sturdy training platform

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Happy, students seemed to get on wit it fine.

The way it structures lessons, with sublessons.

Fiddling to put video content in. Can be fiddly to restructure a course if adding a lesson.

Overwogen alternatieven: Groove

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: Better more robust platform, though Groove has now taken over and I'm moving to them

Thomas
Kickboxing Instructor in VK
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Great product but there are cheaper options coming through.

4,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, a great experience and will continue to use it if updates are made. I've had emails from fresh learn as of late which are half the price for what seems to be the same features that Thinkific give.

I do really like Thinkific although the price seems a bit higher than some new online platforms that are coming through. I like the course layout and the amount that you can edit. It's a bit more tech-savvy than some which I don't mind. I've built fast courses with Thinkific and enjoyed being a user on a weekly basis. I do just hope that Thinkfics features get more modernised as time goes on as it can seem a little outdated at times. Just my opinion :)

It's a bit more tech-savvy than some which I don't mind, but even a tech-savvy person wouldn't mind more convenience every day. This could come from more drag and drop and more templates to use as there doesn't seem to be any help in building your courses. There may be tutorials that I haven't come across the mind. I would like to see the price drop down before I go elsewhere.

Yadah
Educator in Ierland

Beautiful Course Platform for Online Education

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A stunning product which I would have been happy to use (even with all the workarounds for certificates, email and quizzes). The support is quick with responses and the tutorials provided really are next-level amazing. A consistent and impressive LMS.

This is an absolutely beautiful platform. Thinkific has been in the elearning industry for years and it shows - the portal is easy to navigate and set up courses. The tutorials section is robust and detailed, giving step-by-step information on how to set up various course features and troubleshoot any issues that may come up. There is the ability to issue certificates of completion, add an assignment section for students to upload their work, basic quiz functionality, drip-scheduling as well as compulsory lessons which need to be completed before the student can move on. The lessons can consist of videos, text, PDF's (which can be downloadable or not), or quizzes. You can embed videos and links from other sites too. The course analytics allow you to see how much of a course/lesson was completed before a student drops off, giving valuable insight which enables the course creator to edit and adapt the courses to make them more engaging for the students. There is also a 'community' feature which gives students the chance to chat and give/feedback away from an external site (like a Facebook group). Thinkific does not take any of the course fees and allows the course creator to keep 100% of the profits earned. There is also a free version which has a lot of features included.

The certificates are quite basic and it's necessary to be design-savvy and tech-savvy to create a certificate which would be accepted in the upload process. The quizzes are very basic and do not support time-limits, limited retries or anything more robust than true/false or multiple choice. Should you want to integrate with a more robust quiz software, their native integrative party is quite pricey! There is no built-in email functionality aside from the notifications that can be sent to existing students. As email is becoming more popular among other learning management systems this is quite a big negative point against them. The option to whitelabel the site completely is only available on the 'Growth' plan which over and above the 'Pro' plan which is already $99.

Overwogen alternatieven: Ruzuku, Podia, Kajabi en LearnWorlds

Redenen om voor Thinkific te kiezen: Option to do upsells and order bumps with Thinkific. Option for assignment uploads for students. All-round more robust LMS.

Overgestapt van: Teachable en CourseCraft

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: Value for money and number of features offered. It's an established product with years of market research and expertise.

Lucas
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

Thinkific Rocks!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent! I appreciate the outstanding product, fair prices, ease of interface and ability to easily build and delivery QUALITY courses. I haven't required customer service (that's a good sign!). I love the product and will definitely stay here!

The intuitive nature of your interface is extremely helpful for both course designers and students. As a site and course administrator, I'm exceptionally impressed with the ease of use. Thank you for incorporating finance management functions. Sleek design, ease of use, great price point. Don't change the price, it's one of your best market differentiators. I switched to Thinkific for the Pro Growth plan which was the key difference for me from other providers like Matrix.

I really need to market courses via social media with the least number of accounts and steps. It would be awesome if you could integrate some social media marketing tools into the site rather than link accompanying providers. The more I can do WITHIN thinkific, the better. The same applies for business functions like website management, sales of non-course materials (e.g., printed books, e-books), and perhaps QuickBooks

Overwogen alternatieven: NEO LMS, Blackboard Learn en MATRIX LMS

Redenen om voor Thinkific te kiezen: Price and ability to scale my costs via the Pro Growth plan. I really liked the Matrix site itself but couldn't justify the price as soon as I saw the Thinkific plans and the product. Your site is excellent!

Overgestapt van: MATRIX LMS

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: Price and ability to scale my costs via the Pro Growth plan. I really liked the Matrix site itself but couldn't justify the price as soon as I saw the Thinkific plans and the product. Your site is excellent!

Linda
Co-ordinator in Canada
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

With Thinkific as our Platform, we have successfully launched three very different online courses.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are at the beginning stages of offering a high quality course to students from around the world.

We researched many Platforms before choosing Thinkific. We love that Thinkific is Canadian. We love the journey that students take from first encountering the site landing page, going to the course landing page and then immersing themselves in the course. I appreciate the helpful support from the Thinkific team. They do a great job of answering our many questions. I am fortunate that Thinkific rebuilt their course editing software quite soon after we began developing our course. Their new software is quite easy to use and easy to revise. I really like their flat-rate monthly subscription fee with no hidden costs.

I wish students could purchase this course in the currency of their own country. I wish we could pay for our subscription in Canadian funds instead of American. We have had to purchase a separate Discussion Forum because their Disqus Plug In is a social media plug in that is not confidential, and their built in Discussion Forum is very awkward and poorly organized with no ability to search, edit, or even manage posts. Thinkific focuses much more on supporting marketing than on supporting online course development. We were fortunate that we had already taken two excellent courses in online course development that we could apply to the Thinkific Platform. Thinkific is less responsive to good ideas for improvement than I would like them to be. For example, despite many, many requests from many course developers it is still not possible for the course author to copy, paste and edit quizes and so there is a lot of unnecessary labour involved in inputting quizes

Client Services Director in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Fills a gap in this space with enthusiasm!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Blackboard Course sites, Moodle, and Instructure Canvas are great products, but you have to invest in additional solutions to collect payments, etc. for selling the online courses. Thinkific does all this in 1 system with more options for site design than the big education players do. Some of the features could be more well-thought-out, but for a non-LMS company, it is incredibly easy to set up and allows you to design instructional sound materials.

I liked that you could design the access portal, the courses, and the payment methods all in 1 interface without any needs for additional products. I particularly enjoy how easy it is to set the courses up if you have your curriculum designed.

I wish there was an option to be able to have access to all the course features without fees. We are a startup and just are not in a position to charge for courses yet, meaning this would be a huge investment for us that we are not willing to make. It would be great if you could get a 6month burn-in period to test and market before going live.

Overwogen alternatieven: Moodle, Blackboard Learn en BRIDGE

Redenen om voor Thinkific te kiezen: Easier to configure and set up and did not require additional setup or management.

Overgestapt van: Moodle

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: Payment portal and customization features.

WENDY
MARKETER in Maleisië
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers

Affiliate is the Highlight

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I would say Thinkific is a great software to showcase your courses online. The affiliate feature and membership feature are the highlights of our company's objectives for this year. We are trying to slowly move all our recorded zoom videos to upload to Thinkific. We also hope using this software would ease our students learning as well as helping our company to grow by reaching out to more people.

Just as the title has mentioned, my company came towards this software because of a recommendation by our consultant. After much difficult times to look for a proper affiliate software, we decided to opt in for Thinkific as it doesn't just serve as an E-learning platform but also provides affiliation feature for enrolled students. So far, it can create unique link for each student as a referral and we are able to set up commission percentage for them. It has cut off a lot of manual work which we were previously doing. Thus, subscribing to a Pro plan in spite of the price, it is well-worth to consider for anyone looking for affiliate feature which is this simple.

The themes available are quite limited, and I do wish Thinkific would provide more samples of website for us to refer to since not everyone is good at designing. I only manage to find a few on Google which helped a little. Sizes of the images are only limited to JPG file which I didn't know why after a constant struggle of failures to upload a PNG image. Perhaps you could label JPG file instead of telling me the SIZE would be more helpful. Since my webinar courses are in Chinese and English, I do hope you would allow more choices of fonts instead. Also, as most of our students are Chinese, it would be helpful if other buttons such as "sign up" , "register" , "free preview" would have an option of languages. The Video file size is limited as well. It wasn't much of a bother as I know it is trying to promote shorter videos for better students' engagement. But the uploading can be quite slow and my speed is 160mbps. So, I doubt it's my problem??

Michelle
Michelle
Founder in VS
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Outstanding course-hosting platform that makes your life easy

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall the experience has been excellent over the past four years. I have to add that the Thinkific Helpdesk is genuinely helpful, and their response time is lightning fast. They have an option for "how urgent is your issue?" when you submit your help ticket, and if you select "urgent," they actually get back to you very quickly, as in, within a few hours. This is essential when your income comes from your course website and you need help updating or fixing something!

I love that Thinkific is comprehensive so I get to focus on content creation and student outreach. Thinkific manages the payment portal and moves students smoothly through the course experience. In a lot of ways, it's set-it-and-forget-it, meaning - once you have a course set up the way you want inside Thinkific, students move through it beautifully and all you have to worry about is getting new students!

My only suggestion for Thinkific would be to provide a few more options for testimonials layouts on the sales/landing pages. I'd like more flexibility and options to showcase or emphasize certain student experiences... but otherwise, I wouldn't change anything.

Wendy
Wendy
Retirement Coach in VS

Thinkific works for me!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: No benefits realized yet as I just got my first course up and published. I have several courses written but finding the right software for me and my students was my Catch 22... never considered that would hold me back. I kept working on the courses... and finally, the solution was presented to me. I have tried so many different teaching platforms already and never actually published. Just wasn't confident in knowing the site well enough -- but in no time at all, I am published on Thinkific and so thrilled I made the leap. Finally! Pure FUN!

Thinkific is easy to use. Add a new Module, one click to add content, module after module. So easy! Better yet, I LIKE how it looks to the user. I LIKE how the site can look like mine -- not another platform. It does look different, but MY site name is on top, visible, so users know where they are immediately. I've tried others and never quite liked the look as I work with seniors who have retired... and wanted simplicity. This time I found just that. AND YET -- very functional, with every content option I'd like to add. Thinkific has a great Facebook group too. Very active and helpful, learned how others are doing their classes so gives me new ideas. Some groups were full of people whining about what the software didn't do or needed to be corrected... that didn't work for me either, yeah, picky picky! :)

I only had to ask Support one question while adding my first course. My only question was: how to add a manual student who paid me privately (or complimentary class) if they didn't purchase through Thinkific itself. I know its there, just chose to ask instead of searching! :) I didn't even use HELP pages to learn how to use it... it was pretty intuitive for me and I love that! Please don't think that means its not a fully integrated teaching service, it really is. They simply "got it" where the user (me, the instructor) and the other user (student) is concerned. Someone did the work to think about how both users will interact with the software. Kudos!

Jessie
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Launched my first course!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I'm super happy with my experience. I've spent the last few months editing my course based on feedback from the beta and am almost done setting up my first official launch. Excited to keep growing here!

I spent last year writing my first professional training course and was looking for a platform to use for the beta run. I wanted something that could handle the multi-media aspect of the delivery of my course, but that was also easy to set up for a non-techy beginner as I didn't have an assistant to set it up for me. Thinkific fit this need perfectly.

If anything the aesthetic of the platform could be a bit better (personal preference). While it is easy to follow it's just not as sleek as I'd like. And as a non-web-designer, I'd like to be able to customize the course landing pages to fit my brand with a bit more DIY ease.

Overwogen alternatieven: Teachable en Podia

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: Drag and drop course set up was super easy and had all the features I needed in the basic option.

Pieter
Founder & coach in België
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

My experience with Thinkific

4,0 9 maanden geleden

I like that it is simple, that they are quite transparant about their pricing and have an extensive help center. The Facebook group is also great for support. Making online courses comes with a lot of questions.

Customization of the look & feel of online courses and landing pages is limited, as if payment options. For EU customers who are not accustomed to credit card / Paypal you need to integrate Shopify. This is possible, but connecting Shopify & Thinkific is not that great. Affiliate links don't work anymore and tracking sales becomes quite a bit harder.

Karen
Program Coordinator in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Thinkific Learning Management System

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Amazing! I highly recommend the software and the team. For the money, you cannot do any better!

I love the customer support and training. I was able to launch my program in two hours with no assistance. The Quick Start program is an amazing example of what we should all aspire to in our online training videos. The software is easy to navigate and has some beautiful templates to help jumpstart user progress.

I was a little limited with the amount and layout of content on the course sales pages. Wish options here were more flexible. Also, the reporting at my subscription level is a little time-consuming requiring exports to Excel to confirm actual totals each time. It's easy enough to work around, however, and I have found customer support to be exceptional at helping me with some of my more creative workarounds.

Overwogen alternatieven: Podia, Kajabi en TalentLMS

Redenen om over te stappen op Thinkific: Capabilities, particular strengths in online learning management, ease of use, price, customer support

Claudia
Owner in Mexico
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Easy to use but not as complete as other plattforms

5,0 vorig jaar

Thinkific is very easy to use, I upload two courses in a few hours and learn how to use it very fast.

I didn't like the courses landing pages, it would be great to have more flexibility on them.

Overwogen alternatieven: Teachable

Redenen om voor Thinkific te kiezen: Thinkific has more price options.

Overgestapt van: Kartra

Cheryl

Great Option

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I enjoyed Thinkific and may yet return to it when my current contract is up with the LMS I moved to earlier this year. It's certainly as easy to use, and the sales page option is better designed. Everything else is about the same, but Thinkific is slightly more expensive and the pricing model is confusing.

I liked most that there was a free option to get started and that there is a front end option that shows all courses owned by an account native to the program. Thinkific is easy to use and now that it has added a community feature it's almost perfect.

At the time I switched from Thinkific, I did so to get a native community feature so my students wouldn't have to go to Facebook for community. Now that Thinkific has added it, there's only one complaint I have, and that is that I need another layer of complexity for my courses. Unfortunately, I haven't found an LMS that has that, so Thinkific is no worse in that regard than any other LMS I've explored. I do have an issue with the pricing model, which is too complex and confusing. That makes it hard to compare with other options.

Anne
Anne
Online Seller - Moving Stuff Around the Universe in VS

Thinkific is everything you need to publish online courses. There are different levels , even FREE!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It allows a person to publish an online course and customize everything, including the price you sell it for. Thinkific has everything you need to be successful. AND they offer lots of webinars and training as you need! I look forward to using it more as I grow my online publishing business!

I like that it is customizable. I like that Thinkific offers lots of webinars and help with all aspects of publishing online courses. It allows a couple ways to collect money for your courses. They spell out exactly what to do! For a newbie like me, I began setting things up months ago while I was working on my course. As I completed it, I began uploading the lectures and made some changes to my text and landing page and other info. Easy to make it your own. I am happy with how professional it all looks. Now I will get busy with the marketing end and Thinkific can help with info about that too! Customer service is awesome and they reach out frequently to see what they can do to guide you! I highly recommend this solution for getting an online course published. I am at the entry level, but am testing the waters until I need to go further and unlock more features.

As expected the free version is basic, so in order to get to some of the good stuff, you have to upgrade. Not a big deal really, since I am producing my first course and need to go slowly.

Dan
Dan
Senior Training Program Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers

Good for small, basic needs

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Value for the money, attractive front end with little effort.

The way Thinkific presents content, from landing page to course completion page, is beautiful and appealing to the user. There are ample ways to connect with the user through various integrations if desired. It's also useful that you can customize the branding and even your own site theme if you have the available resources to do so! After switching from a sub-par LMS, our users are more engaged and more excited about signing in to consume our courses.

Reporting leaves much to be desired - best count on using Zapier to pull data into a 3rd party for analyzing user progress and completion rates. It's also frustrating that I have to wait for some reports to be emailed to me after requesting them. Perhaps the most frustrating part is that the front-end is designed using Liquid, which is difficult for a novice with basic CSS / HTML knowledge to navigate in order to make small text changes across the site.

Danielle
Danielle
Video Editor and Social Media Content Creator in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

So Far So Good

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I was brought on board to help manage my client's Thinkific site. I did not have previous experience with Thinkific. So far, I've been satisfied with my overall experience.

I had no experience with Thinkific prior to jumping in to help my client with her account. However, I had some experience with other landing-page builders, and it was not too difficult to get the hang of using the Thinkific Site Builder. Also, I quickly found some YouTube videos that helped me out as well. My client already had a published Thinkific site. Thinkific has the option to create an offline copy so we can experiment with a new design and not worry about messing up the live site or causing disruptions for students. As a newbie, I was relieved not to have to worry about messing anything up. The Theme Library has a decent selection of templates - just enough to find a good starting point but not too many to be overwhelming. The sample landing pages are great inspiration as well. I love the "smart" blocks that pull content from elsewhere in your account. For example, the instructor's bio or course curriculum or student reviews.

I encountered a few limitations: - The Site Builder includes about a dozen or so recognized fonts, but I did not see a way to add custom fonts. Maybe this is comes with a higher plan. - For the instructor's bio, I didn't like the default design of the "Instructors" block, so I just used a "Text & Media" block. That would have seemed fine, except the text and photo are too close together. I couldn't see a way to increase the space. - You can get a pretty good preview of the page using Fullscreen mode inside the Site Builder - but the links and buttons are not clickable. I didn't find a way to preview the course landing page with live links/buttons so I can make sure they are working properly. If I'm working with an offline copy, I would like to be able to check links and buttons BEFORE publishing and overriding our existing live page.