Want to hug Gusto

Beoordeeld op 28-7-2016
Miriam M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I am a bookkeeper, but I hate payroll. Hate it! It's confusing, and there are a lot of regulations, and a lot of paperwork. Gusto's online system makes it more clear than any other system I've seen, and in fact, sometimes I use it to clean up messes that other payroll services have made. I haven't seen any errors yet for my clients, and when I call about something, I've always gotten a good and useful answer. Also handy to include contractor payments for small consulting firms. Employees and contractors like the online access to pay stubs and so on.

Minpunten: Some things are a little inflexible, due to it being a piece of software rather than a service. So, for example, you can't tell it to add $100 to someone's paycheck once a month for a transportation allowance. Rather, you have to do $50 each paycheck. This works fine if you do payroll monthly or bi-monthly, but if you're on a 2-week system, you end up adding it manually each time. Anyway, just a few issues like that. I think their contractor system is limited and a bit expensive - I would love to add a way to be clearer about invoice numbers and other memo/description issues.

Super Payroll Solution for Small Businesses

Beoordeeld op 8-9-2018
Karla G.
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is my go-to solution for any client whose payroll we are involved with. We use it ourselves and highly recommend to small businesses. If you go through your accountant there is a discount on the subscription price. The subscription can be paid by the client or the accountant.

Pluspunten: This is a cloud based solution with a subscription price that is less than the big payroll companies. I like that you can have employees "onboard" themselves by filling in their personal information and bank information for direct deposit. This increases accuracy and preserves the employee security. I also like that the business HAS to have the payroll tax payments withdrawn with the payroll submission thus enforcing compliance. Gusto does all the Payroll Tax Return fillings, you can log in and get them. There is no need to print or deliver paychecks, which saves money and time - employees can get their stubs and W-2 by download. It integrates with your accounting software for automated recording, another time saver that increases accuracy. Support is excellent, and they deal with any notices resulting from transactions on their watch. If payroll is the same each time you can set to autopay!

Minpunten: Some of my clients would like Gusto to submit garnishments or retirement payments, but that is not something they do.

Head of Business Improvmenent and HR

Beoordeeld op 30-6-2015
Nicole B.
HR Director
Computersoftware
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Support. They see every issue through as if you're the most important or the only client. They're thorough and they tolerate you if you're on a learning curve (we're an Australian business setting up our US operations and health etc benefits is a new and unnatural thing for a business to grapple with). The software is flawless and usability is perfect. We run our payroll in a few clicks, and that's because we don't choose autopilot. Used to run benefits thru Zenefits who made a lot of errors, and zenpayroll stepped in without hesitation or complaint and ran every correction. It's complete, not half cooked. It's how software and support should be done.

Minpunten: We are a global business, and things are done differently in other countries for payroll. For instance, we don't need to go thru the pain and inefficiently of supporting benefits in other countries. Plus there is different legislation and tax setups etc. I wish zenpayroll was configured to support payroll in other countries so companies like ours growing elsewhere could benefit from One-payroll without considering the bigger and clunkier vendors. If you're growing, most likely you're growing globally or planning to. Otherwise it's perfect.

Cheapest, fastest, best service

Beoordeeld op 27-7-2016
Robert D.
Accountant
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Their pricing is not only competitive, but scales linearly with the size of your organization - beating many other services handily price-wise for smaller companies, especially if you run bi-weekly or weekly payrolls. The ability to pay Gusto by month rather than by the payroll gives me flexibility in paying our employees more frequently without added cost. To top it all off, their customer service reflects their aim of taking on their relatively enormous competitors - they have an incredible support team.

Minpunten: They don't show net pay until after you hit submit. It makes grossing up bonuses a pain, but that's ultimately not a big deal. Plus, for how few times I've had to do it, it remains a possibility that they've got this functionality now and I'm just not aware of it. The area for viewing prior payrolls also bothers me, as I'd prefer something less flashy and more strictly functional (don't gate viewing prior payrolls by making me click to scroll the list down, Gusto, it's aesthetically pleasing but functionally it's an unnecessary hassle).

Easy and Flexible Payroll and HR Management

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2016
Erin Q.
Accounting Assistant
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This product is very user friendly. It allows you to manage various types of employees in various locations with easy. I could easily manage salaried and hourly employees and it allows hourly employees to enter their own hours. It also allowed employees to set-up their profiles, which saved time on my part in the back-end. Instead of copying a lot of personal information and making constant W-4 updates, the software allows employees to set themselves up with information they know well and make changes that streamline during the payroll process.

Minpunten: Sometimes it felt like certain tasks were taking more clicks than necessary to complete. For instance, if I need to change the pay rate for several employees I would go into each one individually, but then once I saved and was ready to update the next profile I would have to go back to the employee screen and then expand the scroll-able list again. It would be nice to easily go back to where I was when making large updates.

Very easy-to-use, simple software that does everything I really need it to.

Beoordeeld op 16-1-2018
Nolan H.
Financial Manager
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Like I said, I'm not sure what changed, but when we first started with Gusto (mid-2017), the response rate on emails were fantastic. Now, the only time I can get a response via email is if I submit a question and end up calling multiple days later. By the time my email is responded to, I typically have the answer from some other source or from a phone call. Good software with the potential to be great.

Pluspunten: --Very easy to use overall
--The dashboard is nice, especially with the notifications
--Love the intertwined tax forms
--Ability to customize reports
--Number of different reports you can run
--For the most part, support is very knowledgeable

Minpunten: The only con I really have is that Gusto used to be so good about responding to email and questions submitted online in a timely manner. Now, I feel like to get anyone to respond, I have to call which isn't a bad thing, but most of the time the person on the other end can't help me directly. They typically have to pass me off or get back to me via email which is what I would like to happen from the get-go.

Simplifying all my payroll hassles

Beoordeeld op 30-6-2016
Daniel D.
Director of Operations
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: They take care of a lot of the background tax and filing automatically. Everything is streamlined for minimal time being spent on payroll. Well laid out platform. You are well guided throughout every step in what's needed to be done for your staff and companies payroll needs. They will remind you and advise you when options pop up and let you make the final decision. The best is when you start using Gusto for the first time, you are guided through every step of the procedure. There is a checklist that you can see your progress and completed tasks and whatever else is still outstanding. The friendly, fun comments all over the platform are entertaining and add a nice light-hearted side to the sometimes daunting and dreary task of payroll. All payroll history, pay stubs and tax fillings are easily accessible to view/print online and by each employee too for their individual records.

Minpunten: Payroll has to be submitted by 4pm if it is to be processed in 2 business days or else it will be postponed to the third day. 4pm is before the close of business at the end of the payroll cycle. If this could be midnight on the close of the payroll cycle, my staff would not have to wait an extra day for their paycheck.

Go for the Gusto

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2019
Carlton W.
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Nothing is more beneficial than a turnkey program is designed to keep you organized and not have to worry about human error or overlooking or mistakes custom covers everything if you are looking to organize your HR department with the benefits go for the gusto

Pluspunten: The fact that this software even exist is amazing. Who knew you can do so much with the benefits and payroll all Under 1 roof. The ease of the website makes it very stress-free to function while at the same time keeping your employees info up-to-date with their benefits and overall profile.

Minpunten: If I was forced to pick a negative part about the software and probably would be the pricing. It's a little too high in my opinion, they do offer a one month free trial but that month goes by so fast due to the ease of navigating through the program.

Making Payroll Easy

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019
Amy W.
Team Lead and Project Manager
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Gusto has been a great experience. They make it easy for me to pay my employees in all 50 states, allow for many adjustments and detailed lines within each person's account. It is easy for my employees to access their information and it is also mobile friendly.

Pluspunten: Gusto is an amazing company. We have used them to process our payroll for over 3 years. We have never had an issue, a late deposit and they are always coming up with new ways to service their clients. Just recently they added a payroll advance option. I truly enjoy working with Gusto.

Minpunten: I don't have any major complaints about this software, the only con I think of is that the contractors get paid a day late on holidays where the regular employees still get their payroll on time..

Time Saver!

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2019
Micah B.
Chief Financial Officer
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: My favorite part of Gusto is the ease of use and the time it saves me. It is like Payroll and HR all rolled into one!

Minpunten: The customer service used to be amazing, you could get someone on their chat function almost instantaneously. But now you have to email them for help and wait for the answer, which could take a day or two.

Gusto is great for Employees

Beoordeeld op 24-5-2019
Account Manager
Fondsenwerving, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Gusto is a straightforward platform to quickly see my pay details and tax documents.

Pluspunten: I love the visibility I have into my paycheck through Gusto. Being able to access all of my company data remotely is very nice as well.

Minpunten: I haven't found any cons with this platform as an employee. I like that I can login and see what I need to see.

Excellent Payroll & Benefits Management Program

Beoordeeld op 5-8-2016
Teresa Z.
Juridische dienstverlening
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This is by far the easiest, most user friendly program out there. I test drove a few before deciding on Gusto (then Zen) and no other can even compare. It takes me seconds to run payroll or pull a report or form, any questions I have or any documents that I receive from the State are easily submitted to Customer Service and promptly and accurately answered. No run around, no hold times to be passed around among agents. This program does exactly what it intended - take the burden off of me!

Minpunten: There is nothing not to like about this product. Any features I think of that would be helpful, when I check in Gusto, they are already there.

I will not use another app besides Gusto -- It's the best one out there.

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2018
Megan J.
Creative Associate
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I love the UX design -- navigating through the site is extremely easy and I have a positive experience utilizing the software each time. I get just the right amount of communication from the Gusto team as well. No annoying emails, but I'm always up to date with what's important.

Minpunten: I wish Gusto had a mobile app -- I'm someone who works from my phone a lot and being able to use Gusto through a IOS app would be helpful

An amazing alternative to Paychex

Beoordeeld op 13-6-2018
Shenandoah D.
COO
2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Gusto is so simple to use and leaves the onboarding up to your employees and contractors, which is a huge time-saver and eliminates the worry of entering in any data incorrectly. We have been using Gusto for almost 1.5 years and have never had any issues with processing problems or timely payments - in fact, they have jumped in to help us run payroll in a jam after missing the cut-off time (which is only 2 days within a certain amount of funds.)

Minpunten: The only real issue we have had is occasional notices from states that we have missed some payroll taxes - but Gusto customer support is extremely quick to respond and able to provide whatever documentation needed to dispute any errors on the state department side.

Gusto is the Besto

Beoordeeld op 4-1-2019
Jake G.
Machine- en installatiebouw, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've recommended Gusto to a number of other company owners.

Pluspunten: We are a small engineering consulting firm and Gusto has worked great for payroll, payroll tax return filing, employee onboarding, and more. We are very happy with choosing Gusto and their customer service has been top-notch.

Minpunten: The only con is that they made a mistake on one of our California payroll tax filings a year ago, and it was a bit stressful when the state said we owed much more than we should have. In the end, Gusto worked hard and took care of the mistake, so the con turned into more of a pro.

Gusto UI really great!

Beoordeeld op 25-8-2016
Colleen M.
HR Director
Computersoftware
2.5 / 5
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The UI is seamless. The employees loved using it. It was easy to access payroll information for employees and was easy for employees to login and find their paychecks. The software automatically filed taxes for us each quarter and at the end of the year. Our employees loved getting an email letting them know they got paid.

Minpunten: The customer service was challenging. If we had any recurring payroll issues, we didn't have a dedicated support person who was familiar with the account. Every time we needed to discuss issues, it was like starting the conversation over again. We had a few issues with payroll processing properly and taxes not being filed correctly due to a change in our FEIN mid-year.

Great system!

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2018
Ciandra F.
Technician
Medische praktijk, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Extremely user friendly. Simple to navigate and all the forms you need are easily accessible allowing you to view your paycheck, past pay stubs, W-2, and much more. This program is cloud based and easily integrates with other software. Great email notifications that provide useful information without filling your inbox with unnecessary alerts.

Minpunten: The pay stubs must be downloaded as PDF which makes viewing them on the phone difficult, only a portion of the pay stub is able to be seen.

Much Gusto, Gusto!

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2019
Chad H.
SEO Specialist
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Everything was very clear and easy to set up and has been a continual breeze to use more than 2 years in. While I'm not an administrator of this program, as an employee, I am very satisfied!

Pluspunten: I really like the ease with which Gusto allows me to handle receiving my payroll, managing time off and sick days, setting up my healthcare, and many other aspects of my professional life.

Minpunten: The only issue I have with Gusto is that it is a little glitchy at times, especially with time-off requests. Working with my boss and Gusto support resolves these issues pretty easily

Elegant and easy to use

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2014
Michael S.
Filantropie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like its aesthetics. It's very simple and pleasant to interact with, with clarity at each step and without extra options that aren't useful.

Minpunten: I really wish it were possible to have Google Authenticator give the two-step authentication codes. Right now it requires a cell number for a phone that's physically within the USA, which is a problem when traveling abroad. I also dislike a policy that binds the login for a company to just one person. The result is a choice to either (a) deal with these problems including not being able to reliably run payroll while traveling or (b) have significantly lower security for running payroll.

User friendly platform for viewing my pay and benefits.

Beoordeeld op 15-7-2018
Case Manager
Maatschappelijk werk, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love the user-friendly site and ability to easily view and understand my paystubs and time off. I also like that I can see previous information and I can access my profile from when I was a contract worker.

Pluspunten: I like the user friendly layout of the site. It's easy to understand my paystub and easy to request off time off and see what time I have remaining. I also like that I can easily see past pay and request off information.

Minpunten: I need to play with it a bit more, but I'd like for it to automatically bring me to my employee profile, rather than my old contractor profile. When I started with my company, I was a contractor, but am now a full-time employee and thus I have a different profile for that.

Cheap and very Effective. One stop solution.

Beoordeeld op 19-9-2019
Research Manager
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Its a cheap and effective one stop HR and Payroll solution. Ideal for startups.

Pluspunten: The value for the money is significant. I've been using it since we started our own company and the pricing is very reliable.

Minpunten: Nothing really. It works like a charm. The integration for workers compensation could be better and there could be more vendors available on the marketplace. But its not really an issue.

great UI and very easy to use

Beoordeeld op 15-1-2019
Socrates M.
Account Manager
Managementconsulting, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: great hr tool. gives us all the info we need in an easy to navigate system. being able to download docs off it like pay stub are great too. it tracks all of your employee info from wages, company benefits, etc. all the reports are great

Minpunten: it doesn't sync properly. if you try to link info like pay dates with your outlook calendar, it will add a bunch of other info to your calendar too like co-worker's birthdays and other company inputted events

Simple, easy to use payroll

Beoordeeld op 15-12-2015
Kirk G.
Client Success Associate
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: What I like best is the user-friendly interface and ease of figuring out how to set it up and use it. Auto Pilot is also great; zero effort in running payroll for most clients.

Minpunten: They used to apply for state tax numbers on behalf of client companies, but they don't anymore. That was a great feature and I was upset when they stopped doing it. They also didn't tell us they were going to stop doing it, I found out the hard way. Also, I hate the name change to Gusto; that's a terrible name! ZenPayroll was a great name! I don't understand that change.

Employment question

Beoordeeld op 23-7-2016
Jennifer B.
Detailhandel
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It may sound silly, but I love the adorable way you write your emails and the comments you put out, like it's time to pay my employees for all the hard work they did. Also, my employees tell me they love the emails and they like the stars and comments on their paychecks (which I"ve never seen) when they get a bonus.

Minpunten: I just would like to be able to call you easiest. I don't seem to be able to find your phone when I log on. Usually
someone is there to chat, but today no one was so I googled you and found your number and called.

Gusto is a game changer for small business payroll!

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2018
Jason B.
General Manager
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: After using other options it is hard to quantify just how much time Gusto has saved us. They file forms and pay out child support for example. They also integrate with our time clock software which make sure things that much easier.

Pluspunten: Gusto is easy to use. The price is much less then competitiors and it brings more value. Customer service is great!

Minpunten: During busy times of the year like tax season, it can be tough to get someone on the phone. It would be nice if they kept track of busier times and staffed accordingly.