I LOVE Gusto! Gusto is pleasant to use and takes care of soo many things I don't want to worry about

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2018
Brad H.
Co-Founder/Chief Janitor
Restaurants
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: 1- Saves the headache of having no idea where to start with many accounting and HR functions of your business: No business owner actually enjoys worrying about all of those things. Gusto takes many of the functions that are most confusing/frustrating as a business owner and does them for you so you feel confidence that you aren't missing anything and it's done right.
2- Saves time: It automates many of the functions that shouldn't ever be done manually. And because of that I don't have to do as much or I don't have to pay as much for routine services that don't add value to my business.
3- Saves money: As a startup, you feel like you need to figure out a lot of things a normal business would normally just pay for because you can't afford it. Gusto is affordable enough that it's doable for a young company all while doing enough work that it's easy to justify the cost, which many services fail to do.

Pluspunten: It's SIMPLE!!! One of few products/software I unequivocally love! Most every business owner hates doing tedious accounting, payroll and HR work that takes away valuable time from their being able to work on what's most important, their business. Gusto takes care of Federal tax payments, calculations, payroll setup, and a number of other things that are a black hole to me and makes it all feel manageable. If I want to add a new employee, I just click to set up a new employee and Gusto walks you and the employee step by step through everything that needs to be done. And for far cheaper than paying an accounting firm!
I also love their playfulness and marketing. They make using their service truly a pleasure to use at every touchpoint.

Minpunten: I can't say this about many software that I use, but I have loved absolutely everything about Gusto. I can't say enough about it. Maybe my only complaint is that they don't take care of legal and other stuff I really dislike doing.

Awesome payroll support for small businesses.

Beoordeeld op 19-6-2018
Neha T.
Tax Consultant
Managementconsulting, 10.001+ werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Gusto is a perfect and easy to use payroll portal both for employer & employees. It has a self on boarding system, for employers to send new hires their offer letter and paper work through its portal. Employees can easily update their address, direct deposit info, withholding all in one place. Previous month’s pay stubs can also be accessed easily. Employees can easily load W2 directly into turbo tax through its website. One can also keep track on the taxes paid. Gusto also offers detailed description and helpful tips of required information to be inputted. Its editing process is also very simple & straightforward when any changes need to be made to employee info or business features.

Minpunten: Gusto seems overwhelmed and unprepared for the renewal period. Also there is no invoice function, so contractors cannot submit an invoice and have their managers approve it. A separate system for contractors for invoicing needs to be maintained. Also Direct Deposit should be little faster. Customer service is also not that good.

Gusto changed my world!!

Beoordeeld op 16-4-2018
Professional Cleaner
Maatschappelijk werk, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Gusto saves me so much time and worry. I know that our benefits are managed correctly and that we are always in compliance. I also know that everything on the payroll side is taken care of and if there is an issue or mistake the super amazing customer support team is ready to help!

Pluspunten: We love using Gusto for not only our payroll but they also manage all of our benefits. Gusto managing our benefits has been such a life saver! I don't have to think about being in compliance anymore I know that they are keeping everything up to date. I get reminders when it's time to run payroll, when new employees need to sign up for benefits and when we need to renew our benefits.

Minpunten: Gusto has wonderful customer support the only downside for me is that when you call in you are always talking to a new person, sometimes that can make it a little challenging to efficiently get the answer or help I'm looking for, but they will help until the job is done!

I think this is one of the best software programs if you have to do payroll and filing

Beoordeeld op 19-6-2018
Cary C.
sales
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Awesome software for keeping your payroll on point and it also allows employees, contractors etc etc to look at all their past payroll history any time they want. You can handle all kinds of situations with this software including notifications with money deposits, or if you need to turn in a time off notice you could do it through this software,

Pluspunten: First of all I believe Gusto is more user friendly than any type of Quickbooks related software program. This program will literally keep your payroll organized and on point It actually gives me the exact amount of payroll that I owe every other week which helps me stay on track and eases up some of my frustrations crunching numbers and physically doing it myself. It literally does everything for you once you have the specific information entered, especially filing and organizing your payroll

Minpunten: It is priced a little bit more than similar programs but that is ok because I know for a fact with everything you ever buy that you will always get what you pay for. You want to be cheap, you get cheap software that you have to replace or winds up being junk, you want to spend a little extra your not paying out the butt later on new software.

Makes payroll easy for a newbie

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2018
Amy T.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: As a small business owner, I just hired my first couple employees last year. I was completely new to the whole thing, and was a bit intimidated by all the requirements of doing payroll. After looking into a few payroll software options, I went with Gusto and am glad I did. It walked me through everything, in a very user-friendly way. It has helpful articles about the various requirements of payroll taxes, steps for hiring employees, forms to fill out, etc. The setup took a bit of time, but was a pretty reasonable process. Now that it's all set up, I don't have to spend hardly any time at all on payroll. I spend maybe 10-15 minutes every two weeks on payroll, and then don't have to think about it. Gusto handles all the payroll taxes (filing, paying, etc), and employee direct deposits. It honestly couldn't be easier.

Minpunten: I had a little bit of a problem getting my state taxes account set up. For some reason, it was giving me error messages about account numbers and things. Customer service was able to help me through it, and figure out what the issue was on their end. That was the only part of the process that wasn't totally painless. The only thing I wish this software had is a timecard functionality.

Say goodbye to Toby from the Office and say hi to Gusto

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2018
Christopher j. F.
Account Executive
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I get paid through it and it was easy to get myself set up and I help people set up their payroll on it. It's incredibly easy-to-use. Not much I can say after that. Oh and their support is great.

Pluspunten: Gusto is the easiest, and most user-friendly app to manage people, payroll and benefits. At work, I train people on how to use this product and it takes me under 30 minutes to do so. It's incredibly user-friendly, and if you ever have issues that would typically require an HR person (i.e tricky HR cases), you could reach out to Gusto and they could help you navigate through it as the business owner.

Minpunten: hard to say. every company I review is either because I hate them or I love them. In this case, I love Gusto.

Easier than having an accounting department write checks!

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2018
Edmond L.
Partner Management Associate
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Although it's just a way to pay people, it matters a lot to the recipients. It's a neat and clean way to show your employees that you care by making payday (the reason we all show up) a bit easier to understand.

Pluspunten: This service makes it VERY easy for all our employees to see not only when they were paid but a breakdown of their check. The stats offered are really helpful for employees that want to know where every cent goes that's not being directly put in their bank account. Their payday emails are fun. They are colorful, full of charts, and even include a bit of trivia. These fun emails help employees take an extra minute to review their current info so there is complete transparancy between employer and emplyee.

Minpunten: The only issue I had was already addressed. They would show your paycheck amount in the email. If someone was standing nearby or saw an open email, they might see something you'd rather keep private. They've recently introduced a link at the bottom of the email that will allow one to hide the paycheck amount in future emails.

Gusto is excellent software for the management of labor payrolls

Beoordeeld op 2-12-2018
Stacey M.
Finance Analyst
Financiële dienstverlening, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This software has allowed me to successfully manage the payroll of my small company, besides not only limited to human resources but also it has made it much easier to keep up the payment of the taxes that the law demands, so I avoid delays and penalties for not making these payments at times. I love this application and I recommend it, you should only improve the support and assistance to the user.

Pluspunten: This software offers the possibility of managing a large number of business factors of the branch of human resources such as hiring, time management, and training among others. The best thing is that it allows you to program payroll payments and the release of benefits, saving time and in a very simple way. You can also calculate and pay the payroll taxes established by law.

Minpunten: The only bad thing about this software is that there is no user support on weekends, so in the event of a breakdown on a Friday at the end of the day, the necessary adjustments can not be made on the following days and when requesting help with any inconvenience there is no prompt response, usually it takes 2 or 3 days to respond and that causes discomfort in the company since payroll payments can be delayed a lot because they cannot solve the flaws with the program.

Gusto is great for small businesses!

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2018
General Manager
Voedselproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Payroll service providers are supposed to make your life as a small business owner easier. Unfortunately, not all of these providers do so. Gusto, however, is a breath of fresh air in this space. Not only is the system easy to use and integrate, the reporting is simple, the tax management is effective, and the customer service is outstanding. I have recommended (and will continue to recommend) Gusto to other small business owners who are looking to simplify their lives with a better payroll service provider.

Pluspunten: The Gusto platform is extremely simple to navigate and understand. It integrates well with the Xero accounting software and provides reports that are clean and easy to understand. Gusto handles my tax filings and keeps me in the loop about what is being filed and what I need to review. Finally, the customer service is superb compared to all other payroll services that I've used in the past.

Minpunten: I really don't have any complaints about the software. I've been very pleased with my experience.

Gusto is a Musto

Beoordeeld op 3-10-2018
Paco S.
UI/UX Designer
Human Resources, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I think it's great especially for start up type businesses. It's relatively inexpensive and I recommend it to my friends that have to deal with payroll.

Pluspunten: The thing I like most about Gusto is that people actually took the time to design it. I am a designer myself and I really appreciate it when companies take the time and money to make software usable.

Minpunten: The thing I like least about the software isn't even with the software itself...I simply wish that more companies used it. I really don't like using things that are poorly designed. Especially when it comes to handling my money.

Payroll Assistant

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Alissa S.
CFO & Vp of Strategy & Investments
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This software is a very good option for smaller companies. I am not sure how it would work with a larger company.

Pluspunten: Gusto takes care of all of your company's payroll needs. They have partnered with other companies to outsource any functions they do not have in house, such as, 401k service plans. Gusto has customer service that sometimes takes a bit of time to respond back. I like that I am able to easily add or terminate employees and that they let me know if an employee is missing data (for tax purposes).

Minpunten: What I like least about this software is that because it is mostly automated, some things might get missed because the automatic functions are set to a tailored set of criteria.

OMG! Why are you not using this!

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2019
Timothy B.
Chef Tim Boltin
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Before Gusto, I had ADP. They were horrible. No help. I inherited a mess and people were so unhelpful in figuring it all out and what was happening.

Pluspunten: This is absolutely one of the best and easiest programs I have ever used. Customer service is second to none. While every answer is not yes, they answer and explain. The set up with so easy and they on top of any tax requirements.

Minpunten: Nothing. Once I plugged in the names and set wages we were off and running. As we have added benefits and vacation time, the additions have been seamless.

Excellent Payroll Integration

Beoordeeld op 17-4-2019
Sales and Events Manager
Evenementenbureaus, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Creating a more efficient and transparent way to onboard employees and pay all of our staff.

Pluspunten: This has made our entire payday process seamless. Questions that usually get thrown at our accountant have decreased by 50% with this integration due to the transparent nature the paystubs display all pertinent info. The on-boarding process for employees is simple with healthcare plan integrations that are easy as 1-2-3.

Minpunten: The worst part of this software is the payday emails. Please respect users privacy and get rid of the default payday email that shows how much you made for that week in large bold font. On numerous occasions that screen has been accidentally opened or viewed by many different team members in eyesight of other employees. This is a feature you can turn off, but it should be by default, not professional in my opinion in this age of privacy concerns.

Go for the Gusto

Beoordeeld op 9-4-2019
Carlton W.
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Nothing is more beneficial than a turnkey program is designed to keep you organized and not have to worry about human error or overlooking or mistakes custom covers everything if you are looking to organize your HR department with the benefits go for the gusto

Pluspunten: The fact that this software even exist is amazing. Who knew you can do so much with the benefits and payroll all Under 1 roof. The ease of the website makes it very stress-free to function while at the same time keeping your employees info up-to-date with their benefits and overall profile.

Minpunten: If I was forced to pick a negative part about the software and probably would be the pricing. It's a little too high in my opinion, they do offer a one month free trial but that month goes by so fast due to the ease of navigating through the program.

Issue-free payroll, worry-free taxes.. and the best HR department for any small business!

Beoordeeld op 12-4-2018
Caitlin K.
Community Manager
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I get emails straight to my phone every week when my paycheck is deposited, along with fun facts and the option to save or give a portion of my paychecks! I can request time off easily, track my PTO, and even receive approvals and messages from my boss if my time off has been accepted. All of my important work documents are stored in one place online to access within minutes if I need them, and I can edit/change any important tax information in a few clicks. I always know where to get my tax forms during tax season and get email reminders from Gusto when they're ready!

Minpunten: Honestly, I can't think of any cons. Working for a small startup company without an HR department, Gusto has been an incredible and essential work resource for me!

Better than ADP

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2018
Han K.
HR
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We have transitioned from ADP to Gusto for one of our subsidiary and couldn't be any happier. Not only it's cost effective than ADP, it's built intuitively for HR professionals. It doesn't seem like they have acquired many different companies for different parts of the software like ADP has done.

Minpunten: Because it's not ERP, there are some limitations based on how your business operates.

Great payroll experience!

Beoordeeld op 21-6-2018
Branch Marketing Coordinator
Financiële dienstverlening, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used it to cut employee checks. It also stores their paystubs an work history which makes it very easy to access if needed. It's important for us to keep track of payroll & benefits for our small business.

Pluspunten: They take care of all of the steps of payroll including state and federal taxes which was a great benefit to have as a small business. They also have great customer support - very helpful, friendly and fast response time.

Minpunten: I wish they had an app that I can use. I also wish there were a bit more new features. I also wish you can mass update everything at once. Like for instance I needed to update one thing to all of my employees and had to manually click into each one. But i guess that's why this is probably better for smaller companies

Payroll made easy

Beoordeeld op 21-12-2017
Brett G.
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Gusto does a great job of putting payroll into an easy to understand and manage little bundle of software. For me, managing multiple client's payrolls, I don't have time to lookup tax rates, to calculate taxes, to make manual tax payments to the specific agencies that require this. Gusto takes care of all of this. They will withhold the taxes, pay the employees with direct deposit, pay the taxes, file the reports, send year-end W-2s, file 1099's. All of what they offer is for a simple, transparent, pricing model. They don't nickle and dime you for each feature. It's a set price so it's easy for you to bill your clients and easy for your clients to have a reliable estimation of what their cost will be too.

Minpunten: The only con I can think of is that their pricing structure does not scale very well for larger clients. The pricing is good for small to medium businesses.

Love how much time Gusto saves me!

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2017
Jessica H.
Director of Administration
Horeca, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love using Gusto. The program is so easy to use and the help center is awesome! If I ever have a question I can generally get it answered there. When I do have to call with questions or when I need help with anything my call is answered quickly and their staff are knowledgeable and very professional!

Pluspunten: How easy it is to use and all the help and support that the company gives its users!

Minpunten: I am a frugal person so I feel like the price is a little high

Makes HR Easy!

Beoordeeld op 2-1-2019
Catherine M.
Developer
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our company has been using Gusto for payroll for over a year. We recently moved our benefit tracking from KinHR into Gusto because we like it so much. I love that I can make changes to the accounts I deposit money into whenever I want, with little bother of the accountant. I can also change my withholding amounts, HSA amounts, and more from the user interface. As an employee, this saves me a lot of hassle for managing my personal documents, when before I would have to contact HR and fill out forms. I am able to stay on top of my savings deposits, federal withholding, and time off.

Pluspunten: - Direct deposit and accounts can be modified online
- Tax documents can be modified online
- Paystubs are easy to access and deductions clear
- Easy to login with SSO
- Easy to request time off and see vacation dates

Minpunten: - Updating addresses on W4's doesn't always work as expected.
- The default email option shows an employee's salary in the email, in big giant text (weird in an open office).

Health Insurance Cancelled Due to Gusto not Forwarding an Email

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Emily B.
People Lead
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Payroll is fine. Employee experience is fine. Never trust them with benefits. This could happen to you.

Pluspunten: Payroll works fine. It's relatively easy to add new hires until you get to the compensation field. Employees are able to log in and have a personal private portal.

Minpunten: The interface is not logical. The FAQ/Help pages search doesn't function efficiently and lacks relevant content. This leads to having to make a call and very long underestimated wait times. Half the time I get through I have to be transferred to some other team and wait for a long period of time once more. I went through open enrollment with them for our health benefits. The process was disjointed, confusing, incredibly time-consuming, down to the wire stress to hit a deadline that was a continuously moving target. Months later our insurance was dropped. Gusto put themselves as the primary contact w/the carrier, never added anyone from our company, received a message regarding pending cancellation and never forwarded it. I discovered after speaking directly to the carrier that an email went to Gusto that should have come to me warning of imminent loss of benefits. After going around and around with Gusto to get that email they reluctantly sent it over and admitted the mistake. It was too late for us.

Gusto for the best payroll services

Beoordeeld op 31-5-2019
Bryton O.
Administrative assitant
Landbouw, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Gusto has taken care of accounting job in our firm. It has made it easier and modernised. Best suited for small businesses.

Pluspunten: I like Gusto for
1. It helps your workers and contractors with fewer struggles.
2. At the end of every year, the worker gets an annual document via email.
3. Opening of Guest account is easy.
4.Their customer support is amazing.
5.Help in processing tax payment to avoid nay tax evasion.
6.It is cost effective

Minpunten: No complaint about Gusto. It is the best cloud based payroll that I know.

Absolutely adore this site and everything the user experience

Beoordeeld op 11-7-2018
Melissa P.
Digital Productivity Coach
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The site is so beautiful and simple to use. I love everything about the UE and I don't ever want to have to go back to using a company intranet to track things like benefits, paystubs, etc. The customer service is also incredible.

Minpunten: There's literally nothing I dislike about this software. I suppose the one thing I like least is that they always have a cute little thing next to the paystubs that tells me how many coffee beans I could have purchased with my salary so far this year.

Gusto is great for Employees

Beoordeeld op 24-5-2019
Account Manager
Fondsenwerving, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Gusto is a straightforward platform to quickly see my pay details and tax documents.

Pluspunten: I love the visibility I have into my paycheck through Gusto. Being able to access all of my company data remotely is very nice as well.

Minpunten: I haven't found any cons with this platform as an employee. I like that I can login and see what I need to see.

Used this software at prior startup.

Beoordeeld op 26-6-2018
Managing Director
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Awesome tool that enable super simple payroll and benefits. Super simple to run adhoc reports and even out of cycle pay events.

Minpunten: I think some of the 3rd party offerings (401k, etc.) could be more robust. The offerings makes me want to look elsewhere. Which defeats the purpose of an all in one HR tool.