Gemiddelde scores

4,2 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,1 /5

Over WordPress

's Werelds meest populaire software voor het creëren van blogs en websites. Het is open source-software die gratis te gebruiken is.

Meer informatie over WordPress

12.085 van 12.086 reviews worden weergegeven

Torre C.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-3-2020

"Extremely flexible, feature rich website platform"

Opmerkingen: This platform is the foundation of our current business operations - we use it for all client websites. It is an incredible tool when used in the way it was intended, and allows our clients to maintain ownership of and flexibility updating their websites themselves.

Pluspunten: WordPress being the most widely used website platform on the internet makes it also the most flexible and feature-rich from our experience. If there's something you want to do, someone has figured out how to do it already and you can benefit from that. If you're experiencing an issue, someone else has also likely experience that issue and has figured it out, again benefiting you. I love how this platform can be the foundation for almost anything you can dream up aesthetically and functionally.

Minpunten: It isn't necessarily intuitive for someone who has never used it before, which creates a relatively steep learning curve for someone wanting to build a site themselves. Also, it is VERY easy to hire someone who makes WordPress hard to use and edit things on your own site which is a shame, but a result of the flexibility of the platform and the abundance of people who offer WordPress related services at a discount.

• Beoordeeld op 16-3-2020
Keller T.
Partner
Verzekeringen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-8-2020

"WordPress is the best CMS"

Opmerkingen: We have built entire online businesses using WordPress to market products and services, make sales transactions through the website, and continue to support customers online after their purchase.

Pluspunten: WordPress is the most flexible CMS and website development platform isn't he market. There is a reason that around 1/3 of the internet is built on WordPress and that is because it truly is the best CMS available. I can't imagine a better product backed by a better community.

Minpunten: There is a steep learning curve for developing complex websites but that is true for any website development platform.

• Beoordeeld op 19-8-2020
Hesham R.
iT Specialist
Detailhandel, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-2-2019

"12 Pros and 5 Cons of WordPress – Should You Use It?"

Opmerkingen: By and large, I have been utilizing WordPress for about 10 years now. I'm content with it. There is a whole industry made around WordPress. Many facilitating organizations offer WordPress oversaw facilitating. What's your involvement with WordPress? Are there any professionals or cons that you accept ought to be added to this article? It would be ideal if you leave your remarks down beneath.

Pluspunten: WordPress Advantages: Heaps of destinations use WordPress. You will go into a bigger world, more so than if you don't utilize WordPress. 74.6 million destinations are utilizing WordPress. Extraordinary substance the board framework. The greatest preferred standpoint is that it is so natural to explore through the pages and substance. Consequently, why it's an incredible CMS. It's set up so that those with simply the most essential abilities can comprehend what is happening. For whatever length of time that you comprehend PCs and the dialect on a basic dimension, WordPress will work with you. You can alter things as you proceed onward, contingent upon your preferences. Modules. Modules will be your closest companion here. With different CMS, the modules will in general be more earnestly to peruse, comprehend and use. It's everything up to you how you need to utilize it. There are heaps of free and paid modules you can introduce to make creating destinations less demanding. See this article picking the privilege WordPress modules. Website design enhancement. The modules on WordPress are intended for effortlessness and SEO purposes. A few people experience serious difficulties with the Meta labels and depictions. WordPress makes these labels straightforward and use. It's likewise a fantastic educator with regards to streamlining. It will help clarify which words and expressions are best for web index use. Along these lines more individuals can locate your substance and a

Minpunten: WordPress Disadvantages: Custom Layouts Are Hard To Use. The principal drawback is the designs. They may be modified, yet they can be precarious to explore through. Same goes for the planned procedure. A portion of the plans is not as effectively open as you may need or need them to be. There are WordPress subjects that can assist with this. See Elegant Themes and Headway. Loads of Updates. It's basically running on your server. The updates will be consistent. I am not saying they will happen each day, but rather they will happen a ton. Be set up to refresh your center WordPress records, modules, or subjects something like a couple of times each month. You may need to rollback WordPress to a past state in the event that you keep running into issues. Expectation to learn and adapt. It's effectively available, yet some earlier information helps. It's ideal on the off chance that you are kind of familiar with web advancement and promoting. I am not saying you should be capable in it, however, some learning will help. Without this information, exploring through WordPress may be more testing.

• Beoordeeld op 2-2-2019
Emir O.
Expert associate
Telecommunicatie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-8-2020

"Best way to make a webpage or more is to use Wordpress"

Opmerkingen: Really great to use, simple yet scalable. I've seen solutions for small companies, and enterprise websites made with Wordpress.
It is Swiss army knife for building Webpages. Since elementor plugin was released you don neet any HTML or PHP knowledge. Making websites becomes drag and drop puzzle.

Pluspunten: When you type in Wordpress in google, youtube or bing in matter of seconds you get basic, advanced or ninja level tutorials how to make a webpage.
When you learn basics (2-3 weeks) you can make decent webpages for allmost anybody.
Superb plugin/theme and forum support make this product superior to any other product.
I never encounter problem which i could not figure out with fer minutes or hours of googleing.

Minpunten: Usage depends on speed of hosting servers. I had different versions and different solutions implemented.
I found out that 90% of problems are hosting related, other 10% is related for not buying some premium features.

• Beoordeeld op 26-8-2020
Luana R.
Software Quality Analyst
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-9-2020

"The best platform for your online business"

Opmerkingen: I've been using Wordpress for over 2 years and I don't leave this platform for anything. It is the platform that I use in my digital business and it is certainly the one that offers the best support and customization possibilities to meet my needs. I can use the platform alone, even without the help of a professional developer. It's super easy to use! I highly recommend it!

Pluspunten: It is the best and biggest platform for creating content I have ever known. Wordpress allows you to have very high quality websites, for a super symbolic price. The platform offers several types of Plugins to improve your business, in addition to offering super complete layouts and easy to change, either in the free option or in paid options. Virtually everything within wordpress is customizable to meet the user's needs and certainly even for those who do not have much knowledge on WEB platforms, it is a product that helps a lot and has a super interesting learning curve. It's super intuitive and anyone can set up their business, even without the help of a professional or developer. In addition, it is a platform widely used worldwide, which allows much material on wordpress to be developed on the internet. It's the best!

Minpunten: There's nothing I don't like about Wordpress, it's the platform I use in my digital business and I don't change it for another.

• Beoordeeld op 16-9-2020
Qamar H.
Import Officer
Kleding en mode, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-8-2020

"Wordpress for Web devolpment and SEO"

Opmerkingen: Best site to develop e shop online shopping, introducing sites, some technical sites too, ERP invoicing plugins are too available, while it can also be configured with existing ERP with customized pages and access, Image gallery, video caption and form, posts tagging is good for SEO, Beautiful free/paid themes which beautify the look of menus and navigation.

Pluspunten: Easier to install and build a web with a few clicks, adds-on, plugins are awesome which make the website with advanced feature, page management, discussion forum can be configured. Search engine optimization tools are pre built in, and easily integrated with social media plate form like, Facebook, twitter and YouTube etc.. File manager and development with coding is easier by many shortcut and WPs own defined codes/scripts, wide open support is available for development or customization.

Minpunten: Many bugs are found even in paid plugins, some plugins are vulnerable for website, i.e. no plugin scanned while published it to WP store. Installation configuration directory is not auto removed which can be used to attack, while admin panel access on directory is not random logarithm based, i.e. many times admin panel can be tried.

• Beoordeeld op 10-8-2020
Sarah H.
Media Director
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-7-2020

"WordPress for Beginners"

Opmerkingen: We use WordPress to create advanced/custom coded website builds for our clients looking for something completely bespoke and catered toward their needs. Word Press gives our agency a huge competitive advantage because everything we do is custom coded and not applied from a limited template (like Squarespace and Wix offer). We are able to charge the appropriate amount for custom builds and make exceptionally high quality functioning websites that makes our clients very happy and they are willing to pay premium price for these features because they understand the ROI of their investment with a custom WordPress site.

Pluspunten: About five years ago, when I decided to launch a personal blog, I vetted almost every high profile CMS and decided on WordPress for my blog and I'm so glad I did. I knew I wanted the ability to add custom code and edit CSS and WordPress allows for complete customization. Please note: I am not a web developer and I had never coded before, however, WordPress has incredible tutorials and even templates that you can apply and modify to your website that are extremely modern, sophisticated, clean, and also affordable. The plugins are endless - there's truly a plugin for anything you can think of and WordPress integrates seamless with my affiliate marketing platform, LikeToKnow.it so I have the ability to add custom feeds, HTML code for widgets, and a live Instagram feed to earn commission from products I link. As a beginner, I dedicated a lot of time learning as much as I could about WordPress and would never switch to a different CMS. Their learning tools and tutorials are excellent resources for self-education. I also really enjoy the new live editing dashboard when adding new content.

Minpunten: I'm a beginner so editing CSS was a little tricky for me when I was first beginning. I purchased and applied a template and wanted to further add customizations and finally found the right CSS code. However, I wish the templates had a bit of a drag and drop layout feature the way Squarespace makes it so simple to design, especially for beginners. However, WordPress is one of the best and most sophisticated CMS tools available on the market and as someone who isn't a web dev, I respect the features and am excited to learn more. It's mostly user error from my end because our dev team raves about WordPress.

• Beoordeeld op 20-7-2020
Tayyab S.
Administrator
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-7-2020

"Develop Instant Website for any Company"

Opmerkingen: I am a blogger and using WordPress since 2018 and find it very helpful. I can manage the whole team easily and efficiently. It provides me whole features to design and develop my website without any hustle. I am very satisfied with the WordPress platform because it helping me a lot without taking my extra time.

Pluspunten: WordPress is one of the best platforms that allow us to develop our own website for free. The dashboard of the platform is quite easy and attractive. The Integration level of WordPress is on the next level because it can easily integrate any plugin by just a simple search in the plugin option. It is very secure as well as easy to use with a simple interface.

Minpunten: Updates are the biggest cons of WordPress in which there is the possibility of losing data. Sometimes it is difficult to find the related plugin according to your desire then you need to develop custom plugins.

• Beoordeeld op 11-7-2020
Younes B.
Full Time Translator
Publiceren, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-9-2020

"WordPress is eating the internet"

Opmerkingen: I blog daily. So I use WordPress on a daily basis. I use both the app and the desktop version. Sometimes the syn between them don't work properly so I do lost some blogs in this failure.

Pluspunten: The premium plan for that is designed specifically for the freelancers and small business owners like me.
It cover (almost) all what I need.

Minpunten: The software has a smartphone version. but it lacks a lot of features that exists in the desktop version like the ability of inserting WhatsApp button in a post. You can't do that via the smartphone app.

Marlin H.
Systems Programmer
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-9-2020

"Great start for website building but....."

Opmerkingen: It's not starter friendly as maybe others but it's still a good place to start if you are looking to build a website. Just keep in mind that you may still need to learn some coding but nothing heavy, just light things like HTML or CSS but other than that, anyone with some skills can handle the software with ease.

Pluspunten: It's not as beginner friendly as I would of hoped for but it's not hard to learn. It's just a bit confusing to navigate at times but once you get the hang of the controls, you can start to build your site or do what you need fairly quickly. Its all right there for you and it provides you with some good visual tools for you to focus on what you need to do and drill down on rather quickly.

Minpunten: The problem with the software is that at times, it's a bit confusing, but it's not as bad as I thought. I couldn't navigate it on my first day and I got frustrated and didn't log in for a while but I got back to it and started again with a fresh mind and sure enough, I started get the hang of it. I want to partially say that part of it is because I expect things in a certain way but it's just structured to look like it repeats but each page has a different function. I can't fault it for my wants but I can still say it's a bit frustrating to navigate at times.

• Beoordeeld op 20-9-2020
Tamara S.
Web Developer
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-10-2020

"The best option for building your own personalized website"

Opmerkingen: Make sure to not get wordpress.com and wordpress.org mixed up (common newb mixup). Wordpress.com is for simple free blogging plateform with simple templates. Wordpress.org is for personalized websites. Any website you can think of. Its more than likely built on wordpress. I have a degree in graphic and web design (as well as coding) and I did web projects along side IT. I have heard from lot of IT/coding web developers that they aren't crazy about wordpress. I felt at times though, IT hated it because it wasn't pure code and other things that I wouldn't understand since I'm not IT (again, just my personal opinion). Wordpress is build with PHP code but the backend "dashboard" allows for easy navigation for beginner users as well as advance. When given the chance to use a page builder and code on wordpress - I think its the perfect mix. Rather than just pure code or only a page builder. The options for design and interactive website are endless. So I guess what I am trying to say is - have an open mind to it. There are sooo many tutorials out there to show you how to use wordpress and the many page builder plugins. Some places to look: Linkedin learning (cost to use but can usually get a free subscription through a public library), youtube, elementor on youtube...).

Pluspunten: Wordpress is an incredible plateform for people that are looking to built websites from beginner to advance with or without having to use code (in place of wix, squarespace..etc). Also some things to note, wordpress as a company is all about education, teaching the user, and connecting like minded people together. I went to a conference they offer in st.louis called wordcamp. Please....Please go to it! So many amazing people, speakers, and updates on the latest things wordpress, plugins..etc (plus lots of free stuff!). Wordpress is constantly dealing with security attacks so they are always looking for insight to make wordpress stronger. Its a community built software. They are all about open web and will fight against companies or political laws that would try to make the internet cost money to use, limit use, or completely rid it of personal use. The brains behind wordpress is quite incredible just from listening to some sessions at the wordcamp conference.

Minpunten: I personally do not like their gutenberg page builder (the reviews on it are rough). So I use elementor pro to build my websites (honestly the best page builder in my personal opinion). I haven't tried to spend to much time learning gutenberg because I know how to use Elementor page builder plugin really well. But I can't say I have really anything to negative about wordpress. Its an open source plateform - free to the public and they are constantly striving to make a users experience better and better.

• Beoordeeld op 13-10-2020
Vassilis P.
Outreach &Networking Manager
Informatiediensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-10-2020

"The platform to host your website"

Opmerkingen: I started my WordPress-powered personal blog in 2009 and since then I have managed numerous WordPress-powered websites and blogs for research projects, small companies, Conference & event websites etc. I have been responsible for setting up the functionalities and content and everything is running smoothly, especially with the support of IT teams, when needed. Collaboration with other users in WordPress is easy, as I could assign different roles to them and since they were familiar with MS Word, they could properly format their texts with the Rich Text Editor of WordPress. What's important is that integration of multimedia files in posts was always easy with WordPress, something really important if you want to make your posts visually appealing. With new functionalities coming with each new version, things are always much easier and faster.

Pluspunten: I have been using WordPress since about 2009, when I started my first personal blog on Wordpress.com - and it is still up and running. I love WordPress because it is probably the most user-friendly platform to start blogging or a website. There are lots of options - both free and paid - in terms of functionalities and appearance and you can easily build your own ones if you are an expert. A great advantage is the huge user community out there, always willing to help; when I have a question, the answer is usually already out there.

Minpunten: As expected, the Wordpress.com-hosted websites and blogs have limitations in functionality (i.e. the installation of plugins and add-ons), but there is always the option to self-host your site so you can have full access to the wealth of features.

• Beoordeeld op 12-10-2020
Avash K.
WordPress And PageSpeed Optimization Freelancer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 11-9-2020

"Best Choice for Almost Every Website"

Opmerkingen: I started working with WordPress about 4 years ago and I am still working with it. WordPress is very flexible and you can create 'almost every' kind of website with it. As a WordPress Freelancer, I have created blogs, e-commerce stores, static business sites, and many more for my clients and both me and my clients love WordPress. It's really easy to work with - even non-technical persons can operate it and customize it. I have almost no complaints with WordPress.

Pluspunten: Most people are afraid of creating a website because it's hard and expensive. And that's where WordPress comes in - with WordPress we can create a great website easily at low cost. It's very easy to create a great looking and functioning site as WordPress has thousands of plugins and themes available online. Since WordPress is Open Source- we get the power of thousands of developers around the world. This is what I like the most about WordPress. For example - If we build a custom website and there's a security issue, we have to pay a good sum of money to security engineers to fix the issue. But if WordPress has security issue - developers around the world work together to fix the issue and we don't have to pay for it. I absolutely love this.

Minpunten: While creating a website in WordPress is a fast process - WordPress sites are generally slower. WordPress has many features - and you probably don't need all of them. This becomes critical when you start using site builders, page builders, plugins etc - most of them have more features than what you probably need and they bloat your site. Due to this - site slows down even more. But with proper optimization - WordPress can run blazingly fast. I have seen many WordPress sites which load in a fraction of second and many WordPress sites which take tens of seconds to load.

• Beoordeeld op 11-9-2020
Sebastian P.
Media & Technology Director
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-9-2020

"Best CMS and Future Proof"

Opmerkingen: I've been using WordPress since 2010 and haven't come across anything better. I've tried Drupal, Joomla, Wix and studied web development to build websites from zero. It can be easy enough for starters with little to no coding experience, but also offers unlimited possibilities for advanced users.

Pluspunten: The number of plugins and how it offers unlimited possibilities for advanced users. For a new user, it might be hard to choose a theme but your best bet is with Divi or Elementor. You can build anything with them and won't have to edit the theme code to customize things with the risk of breaking it.

Minpunten: You need to be careful when updating WP, your theme, and plugins. I recommend setting up a staging subdomain to test everything before doing it on the live website.

• Beoordeeld op 14-9-2020
Eddie R.
Technology Director
Religieuze instellingen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-9-2020

"Wordpress, Web Management and Publishing For The Masses"

Opmerkingen: I simply love Wordpress, it is one of the most intuitive Web management systems out in the field today and you simply have so much potential.

Pluspunten: Wordpress has to be the de-facto web management and publishing software of the the second part of the millennium. It ease of use and abundant documentation makes this an easy skill to pick up for even the most novice of users. It's ease of use should not dissuade the person looking for a broad feature set that would please even the most picky web admin, it is truly easy and powerful. I would be remised if i did not say it's free for all of the core features, and can be extended with countless other tools and plugins available in its very robust plugin gallery.

Minpunten: Wordpress is like a Swiss Army Knife of web development and as such can be slow to get into, dimply due to the fact of having to delve thru many pieces of documentation to get up to speed. But once you do, that's when the fun begins.

Bijay S.
Enterpreneur, Web Developer
Kantoorbenodigdheden, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-8-2020

"Best Website Builder I ever Used"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with WordPress was quite well, actually. I enjoy using their dynamic features all the time. With WordPress I started getting more leads for my company and reached potential customers as well. And I have never encountered any issues with WordPress till now.

Pluspunten: I like WordPress mostly because of their easy website building process, features, and support. WordPress provides easy drag and drop platform, for nontechies like us to start building our own website as we always wanted. And the most exciting feature about WordPress is that we can use it on any devices whether it's a pc or mobile or a tablet.

Minpunten: The last thing I don't like about WordPress is that while designing the pages, I get stuck sometimes for fewer seconds, and in the next moment, it starts working well.

• Beoordeeld op 20-8-2020
Website Owner/Designer
Online media, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 22-8-2020

"WordPress for My Online Freelance Business"

Opmerkingen: I have built all three of my websites on the WordPress platform which allows me to learn more about the features and plugin but even I am still learning more about what this platform offers the new and seasoned business owners, as well as the serious writer and hobby bloggers. Over the years the amazing features and beautiful themes that are easy to incorporate into the blog or website whenever you need it or you just want to redesign your little site.

Pluspunten: I am really happy that WordPress is pretty easy to use for a brand new beginner or an seasoned expert, which I am not even close to achieving yet. I have experience in building for myself and for clients, but I always have chosen and recommended building a website or blogging site on WordPress. My clients love building on this platform, as well as always using the extremely simple ways to add and delete things from the site quickly.

Minpunten: Some of the features and plugin provided by WordPress can literally be so complicated that a person may need to take a class or get in and also users can just skip using these items in their new blog. They can learn in their own free time and then add it to their blog as they go. The blog owner can find tutorials that will teach them all they need to know about a feature or plugin, as well as giving them step by step guide to placing in it in your blog or website as active.

• Beoordeeld op 22-8-2020
Roland M.
Communications Officer
Telecommunicatie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-8-2020

"An incredible content management system (CMS) to quickly build your website."

Opmerkingen: WordPress has helped me in my career and in my business in building my own company's website, and in delivering satisfactory websites solutions to hundreds of customers. I have supported several installations and I believe it is the way to go for SMBs and with a little bit more of auditing and cautiousness it can serve the purpose of Medium and even Large size businesses.

Pluspunten: WordPress is one of the easiest CMS available out there for quickly building a professional website with no IT skills required. It takes minutes to get the site up and few hours to get most of the website features activated and ready to use. Another interesting thing about this CMS is the fact that being open sourced, many users created plugins to interact with WordPress and provide various functionalities. From simple contact forms using plugins such as Contact 7 to more advanced plugins such as Visual Composer or WP Backery allowing you to graphically design your site by dragging and dropping boxes and elements wherever you want them to appear on pages. WordPress is really the tool for both dummies and Professionals for building websites in few minutes and it is supported by almost all website hosting companies.

Minpunten: The are few drawbacks in using WordPress for website. It really depends on the level of risk you are ready to take for your installation. However, for each of the problems, there is a solution that may be free of cost money. Security is to me the main concerned of websites developed using WordPress. As the popularity of WordPress is based on the ease of use and the large developer's community building plugins and themes to make users' life easier. However, those plugins come with security issues as there is no clear standard on the minimum security level for a plugins to be usable on WordPress. Hence, may plugins and themes come with their own security breaches and as you know the security of a system is as good as the weakest point. A solution to this is to always check plugins widely used, check reviews, get automatic updates and by packages like Codeguard to backup and restore the sites and scan for malicious codes. Another concern is the forward compatibility issue of plugins with newer versions of WordPress. When you update your installation, some plugins might stop working and this is a serious concern as it might break your site down. Plugin selection, site backup and verification of update logs should be done regularly.

• Beoordeeld op 6-8-2020
Chris C.
Business Owner
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-8-2020

"Facilitating my online business!"

Opmerkingen: As I mentioned earlier, my journey with Wordpress has been mainly positive. Of course with every piece of software you have your off days, however these small challenges have been easily overcome and resolved.

Pluspunten: Wordpress has allowed me to enter the online world in a way that I could never have imagined. The flexibility of the software, with all the additional plugins available, provides me with the vehicle to reach people that I would not normally have reached with traditional means of marketing. Today, I base my entire online branding and marketing within the Wordpress environment and I have never regretted it.

Minpunten: I have to admit, the learning curve at the beginning was daunting. However, after I completed a few free online tutorials and watched many Youtube videos, I quickly cottoned onto how the environment works and have been happy with the decision to move onto Wordpress ever since. I think one of the biggest challenges at the moment is plugin capatibility - which is not an issue with Wordpress. It depends entirely on the robustness of the plugin developers coding. Staying on top of the updates for the wordpress core is also a small hurdle that I must remind myself to perform every now and again.

Nadia B.
Teacher/Entrepreneur
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 4-8-2020

"WordPress gives you control, tons of features and a great platform!"

Opmerkingen: WordPress has allowed me to create a seamless user experience in terms of blogging and selling. It offers unlimited options to customize my offerings, website and blog. I have seen an increase in SEO while using WordPress and appreciate that I entirely own my website rather than relying on a platform.

Pluspunten: I love that I can customize the design and plugins on WordPress. I have a lot of control and can tweak things for optimal SEO, as well. WordPress offers unlimited options and a great deal of nimble features that can secure your site, make it beautiful, add functionality and much more. It's definitely a great option for long-term bloggers, stores and more.

Minpunten: I find it a bit challenging to design in comparison to something like Squarespace. But I think this tradeoff is worth it for better SEO and more control. I also find it a bit less intuitive, but with practice it gets much easier to maneuver around the platform. I have heard it can be more susceptible to attacks but haven't had any problems myself.

Jay A.
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 7-7-2020

"Wordpress Review"

Opmerkingen: Overall, it has been a great experience. I found once you get over the learning curve it is a really powerful and great tool for developing websites. There are tons of options and I have found that there is a plugin for any type of website you are designing.

Pluspunten: The biggest Pro for me is the Wordpress Community. I found that most of the time I can get on the Wordpress forums and get answers to my questions. Rarely have I found that my issues were unique. There always seems to be someone that had the problem before and has given a solution. When I have posted questions on different forums I usually get really good responses and people tend to follow through until the issue gets resolved.

Minpunten: The amount of plugins in the Wordpress repository. I do find it frustrating sometimes trying to find a good plugin. There are a lot of choices and trying to test and figure out which are of good quality and one that aren't can be really time consuming. If there was a better way to review and rate the plugins that would be really great.

• Beoordeeld op 7-7-2020
Danielle C.
Management non-profit organisaties, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 29-5-2020

"The most customizable website builder"

Opmerkingen: Wordpress is fantastic for those sites that need to be highly customized, but if you are looking for something more simple, this isn't the site for you. For those who want to choose every font and size and color and placement, you can definitely find all you need with Wordpress. Expect to pay more than originally thought when you add up everything needed plus everything you want. Even so, I am super happy with Wordpress and don't think I will ever get out of it.

Pluspunten: - PLUGINS: You can customize your site to have whatever functionality you need. THERE ARE PLUGINS FOR EVERYTHING. It's incredible.
- Themes: You can choose free website themes or sift through the tons of paid ones to find whichever fits your needs (the more expensive ones are more customizable, and will make your website look STUNNING and won't look cookie cutter like Squarespace or Wix)
- Integrations: You can integrate a ton of other programs with Wordpress, which always gives a better user experience

Minpunten: There is a definite learning curve to the site. There's a lot going on and you'll be bombarded online with what is needed and best for your site. Since they are SO MANY choices for plugins and themes, it can make it hard to get started and know you chose the right one - get recommendations from people you know! THANKFULLY there are a few really great websites that focus on helping beginners with Wordpress. However, you really need a basic understanding of coding or at least will have to learn it or else you will tear your hair out when you run into a problem.

• Beoordeeld op 29-5-2020
Gary E.
Marketing Staff
Marketing en reclame, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-5-2020

"ideal platform to design a modern web space"

Opmerkingen: WordPress is an insanely great platform that is responsible for providing lightness when it comes to
trying to publicize about products, themes or issues related to company advertising. As a tool, it has become an incredible platform to manage with an interface adaptable to both pocket needs and proper management without major problems of managing or not Web spaces. It offers quality, diversity and adaptability in every aspect. Through WordPress I have managed to design, readjust and manipulate advertising without a doubt to a great extent and for the greater benefit of the company. It has been presented to me as a simple website design solution and a way to share relevant information with my group of colleagues and clients. WordPress is easy, convenient and agile to manipulate, it benefits from my work, which makes my productivity lighter and more comfortable

Pluspunten: WordPress is an incredible platform designed mainly to design, create, elaborate, form highly motivating and teaching web spaces for the company. It has an incredible and unreachable interface for other platforms, since it is adapted to the needs and knowledge of each user to provide the best information best adapted for consumers. WordPress contains really good themes that adapt to the creativity of any consumer, allow any change and take a moment, without any major problem or optimal characteristics, diversity in design, templates, colors and ideal accessories to design a space to your own preference and exact taste. It has less cost to obtain additional applications, with WordPress my work activity has become a simpler job, since through my web space I can make known about the vanguard of the company, thus increasing the financial development of the company and therefore my effectiveness as a dedicated worker

Minpunten: WordPress is a good tool that provides ease and mobility at work, providing an opportunity to facilitate knowledge for all Asian users and consumers. However, like the entire platform, it presents some interesting details that should be improved for the optimal operation of the application. Among the present drawbacks is the fact that WordPress has become a limited experience of coding, that is, it does not allow a full development on the platform, this causes it to become a complex process to try to experiment the web space to demonstrate completely the preferences, this way any type of adjustment and remodeling to the web page is not made permanent, it remains only in instants of time and when a certain time passes it changes.Also, another thing that I find tedious about WordPress is the fact of personalizing the page because it always updates and takes its respective time, a detail that is quite complicated if you need to increase productive activity

• Beoordeeld op 16-5-2020
Tim B.
Creative Director & Designer
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 5-5-2020

"Veteran WP User"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with WordPress has been very positive. I use it for many client websites, including my own websites and find that there really isn't anything I haven't been able to do yet because of the flexibility WordPress offers.

Pluspunten: The thing I like most about WordPress is the ease of functionality when it comes to customizing a website for just about any purpose. I've been using and developing with WordPress since 2006 and know it inside and out. As time goes on, the platform becomes more favorable with many additional options for developers and users to create with. The choices for high-end customization are endless. The best part about WordPress is the community based support. Most questions are usually answered when needed from other like-minded developers and users. At the end of the day, I wouldn't think of trying or using any other software for website creation.

Minpunten: The only thing I like least about WordPress is because there are so many options available and developers are out in droves, there's little quality control in some aspects when it comes to choosing the wrong scripts. It's worthwhile that you do extensive research before developing with certain add-on options, such as themes or plugins. While the majority of options are so limitless, there tends to be a few bad apples along the way and it's just something you learn by trial and error.

• Beoordeeld op 5-5-2020
Rodrigo M.
TI/Owner
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-4-2020

"Adds value to work"

Opmerkingen: We use it as our main engine for building websites, we already have a set of paid and free plugins that help us build the site without a headache. This is limited to the tasks of some clients, but in general it solves all of our web design problems, without having to worry about the low level of programming, only with design. In terms of creative freedom it is really very useful, although this is lagging behind with the use of PWAs, so I don't know how long we will be able to continue using.

Pluspunten: I love the ease of changing the entire site without needing any software installed on the computer, just adding plugins and configuring. If you don't find a plugin ready, you can always create your own or solve with low level PHP or javascript/CSS. The use of specific themes that often bring plugins and functions to what you want to do, makes the task even more pleasant and productive.

Minpunten: The worst thing about Wordpress is the weight. It demands a lot from your hosting, so if on the one hand you save on the engine itself, you end up spending on hosting to have an acceptable result. Another bad point is the fact that the plugin and theme ecosystem has many simple and expensive options, that is, that should solve problems easily, end up hampering with the need to have a higher overall cost for the project, at the same time that you have to worry about adding monthly fees or renewal costs to each micro-task within the site. A corporate option is lacking to facilitate access to many plugins with only one payment center. As it is, it is dispersed among many suppliers, with separate sales flows. Managing this on many sites is a nightmare.

• Beoordeeld op 10-4-2020