My favorite tool for creating websites

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2019
Zee G.
Digital Operations Manager
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love it. As a non-coder, but at the same time, a person who deals with websites a lot, I like WordPress because it allows me to meet the needs in terms of marketing.

Pluspunten: I have been working with WordPress for years now. My own personal blog is over 10 years old. I love WordPress for its ultimate versatility and user-friendliness. I've created several sites for various companies using WordPress.org and it has been super-easy to maintain them. I have used both WordPress.com and WordPress.org, and they are both great (I do prefer the .org one since it gives the opportunity to import custom plugins and themes). Most of the themes offer a drag-n-drop design option which is convenient for those who need a website but don't know how to code. The SEO is also great with plugins such as YOAST and others.

Minpunten: Sometimes when the platform version updates, you need to be careful with updating your website because it might crash. I have had that happen a few times and it was a stressful time. Thankfully I had backups. Therefore, beware of those updates - whether it's your theme, or WordPress itself, or your plugins. ALWAYS have the backup. (That's good in any case.)

WordPress overall review

Beoordeeld op 2-11-2019
Site A.
Web Developer
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: - I can't miss out on the chance to recommend WordPress to anyone. You kind of don't "re-invent the wheel" anymore (coding from scratch). It helps me save time and energy in creating a website for my clients rather than creating it from scratch. WordPress is generic, meaning it suits the need for any kind of website you may want to create (blog, eCommerce, portfolio, organizational, etc)

Pluspunten: - Using WordPress is one of the easiest and fastest ways to set up a website without the need for extra cost for an experienced Web Developer.
- WordPress being a free Content Management System (CMS) handles a lot of things for you. For example Security, Performance, File uploads, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and many more.
- As a part-time Freelance Web Developer, I can actually create any category of a website for my clients, ranging from personal to blog to eCommerce to organizational without having to code anything from scratch. This saves me a lot of time and energy.
- It is widely used and very popular, powering millions of websites. This makes it easy to have online assistance just by Googling the technical issue you face.
- WordPress comes with free and paid website templates that can be integrated directly and has thousands of plugins that permits me to add more functionalities to my clients' websites, all these without coding. Some of these added functionalities include contact form submission, user registration, accepting online payments, newsletter and many more.
- It is so easy to customize or update content found on any webpage of your website.
- One of the greatest features of WordPress is the ability for multiple admin users to be able to work on the website with their accounts created and their roles defined as it is the case in our company (our main university website is powered by WordPress)

Minpunten: - WordPress requires a database to run.
- WordPress is widely used (powers millions of websites). This makes it vulnerable as a security flaw could be discovered and exploited by malicious individuals.

The Most Usable and Feature-Rich CMS Ever

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2019
George rex A.
Co-Founder & CAO
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: WordPress has evolved over the years, from a simple blogging tool to a sophisticated content development framework that can be used to build any kind of web system, including mobile. This incredible evolutionary fact has indeed increased its usability and have made me to continually horn my skills and experiences in this piece of software. Also, the fact that WordPress is Opensource and provides opportunity for extending its functions, gives rise to lots of useful plugins in its ecosystem.

Pluspunten: For the fact that WordPress is flexible, simple to use and sophisticated to handle large projects at the same time, I can not help but love WordPress the more.

Minpunten: Most plugins and themes in the repository are not totally checked for conformity. Some of these plugins and themes are poorly coded and as such creates vulnerability concerns; allowing malicious inclusions and attacks on a standing website built on the framework.

Wordpress Review

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2019
Anthony E.
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I see it as a tool for making online publishing and marketing more easy and interesting. I have been able to solve a number of dangerous attacks on my website by simpling looking at the activity log and responding immediately by contacting my host or fixing it myself.

Pluspunten: Wordpress software alone makes my blogging experience easy and convenient. With just a click I would have the quickest update about my traffic statistics. There is no single day I don't use WordPress software to check my website's performance and security issues. I enjoy using it a great deal because of the following reasons: 1. Activity log to find out if there is a strange action from a hacker or anything unrelated to my most recent activities. 2. I get daily, monthly and yearly insights about my website's visitors, their locations, the particular pages visited, the referral link like Google, Bing, etc. I don't necessarily need to rely on google analytics 3. This software gives me an instant notification about new comments, trackbacks and anytime there is a boost in my traffic. 4. It makes me feel secure because of their 2-factor authentication. I confirm my identity through my phone number. 5. I have been noticing regular updates adding new features and making it more user-friendly. 6. I have been able to use the android version of this software happily whiles I was having no access to a PC for more than one year. Because the software's user interface makes it more enjoyable than using a browser itself. Now I use it on my laptop and my phone altogether.

Minpunten: Since I moved my website from WordPress.com to wordpress.org I haven't been able to publish an article using this software. The major problem I have been encountering is about having an error message anytime I try to upload a media file like a photo. The error message says: "failed to insert media. Please try again." It frustrates me a lot but I believe because I am no more hosting my website with Wordpress. I transferred my website to a different host. Because of this, I do all my publications using wordpress.com which is my self-hosting platform. Finally, since I moved to a self-host, I haven't been able to have direct control over my plugins via the WordPress software.

WordPress Is For Winners

Beoordeeld op 5-10-2019
Oswaldo R.
company owner
Bibliotheken, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: WordPress is the site to visit if you going to start your very own website or blog.Their prices are reasonable and the best domain names are always available. WordPress will teach you the fastest and best ways to start a blog or website.WordPress will also teach you how to monetize your blog or website. WordPress offers a online 10 part course that teaches how to create a fantastic blog or website, totally free.When i started building my blog through WordPress i was a beginner. I did not know anything about building a blog or website. I learned so much with the WordPress 10 part online course. I also began watching and studying other free WordPress webinars on how to generate passive income using my blog. In time i was making a passive yet steady income from my blog. WordPress is the best site [platform] to purchase your domain and hosting. I give WordPress a 5 star rating and i highly recommend WordPress.

Pluspunten: What i liked the most about this software was how easy it is to use. Anyone can actually do it. Anyone

Minpunten: I found nothing that i disliked about this software.

Professional websites for (almost) every need

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2019
Sacha S.
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Adopting Wordpress as a solution for your customers that need a website, is a mandatory choice: setting up the environment is a matter of minutes, the server requirements are common and available on almost any web hosting service, the community behind Wordpress is really huge and, with standard design and programming skills, you can really pack wonderful products.
The core of Wordpress (the starting package) has a lot, but the full power of the framework is unleashed thanks to the plugin architecture and the template system (themes).
Plugins add almost any kind of functionality: from social media needs to showcases and e-commerce; from impressive sliders to portfolios and newsletters.
Themes (the template system) allow you to design truly effective communication: modern themes are designed to allow users to craft their website with an incredible detail, providing end users with the most beautiful experience. As of today, you can install a theme and setup any kind of template, for any section of your website. Not only: Wordpress is greatly devoted to web standards and trends and it looks perfect on desktop computers, tablets and smartphones.
We jumped on Wordpress since the first version, back in 2003. Since then, while implementing other solutions for huge online stores, we could provide a solution for small and medium enterprises at an incredibly affordable price. And this is really a great advantage: everyone can get a professional and effective product. Thumbs up!

Pluspunten: Server requirements are minimal and available at a small price from any web hosting service.
Plugins architecture allow you to add almost any functionality to the website and easily write one, if you need a specific tool.
Template system - the so called "themes" - allow you to craft incredibly beautiful and responsive - looking perfect on any device - design.
A huge community of developers makes sure you can solve problems fast.
Websites can be up and running in almost no time. And can be updated and maintained by any designer/programmer, thanks to its architecture and ease of use.
Your customers can update the website easily, with an intuitive and easy to use backend.
Last but not least - at all! - as a developer and designer you can provide great products that are absolutely cost-effective.

Minpunten: If you have to run a complex online store, with a lot of products and categories, thousands of visitors and specific e-commerce needs, Wordpress might not be the perfect choice. But if you provide solutions for personal, small and medium businesses, this won't be a problem at all.

Anyone can build their own website

Beoordeeld op 19-9-2019
Stacy M.
Lead
Evenementenbureaus, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm not new to building websites. I used to use Joomla and phpbb to build sites. I actually got fairly good at it. One day I decided to try Wordpress. I was concerned, as I didn't wish to build a blog. I always considered Wordpress blog software. I soon was very surprised that it goes well beyond blogs. It is one of the easiest to use to build your own website.

Pluspunten: This software is beyond user friendly. With a small amount of research, you can build a professional looking website. This saves a purchaser a large amount of money. paying someone to build your site is very costly, and some non-for-profits simply don't have the capital to do so.

Minpunten: Unfortunately, Wordpress has always had a spam issue. Every contact form from Wordpress is constantly hit with spam. You can use captcha to offset the spam and use some plugins made to stop the spam, but there are always a few that slip through.

The Best CMS Out There

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2019
Jake H.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I would choose no other platform for my website. I've built and managed sites on Wix, Squarespace, Shopify, and more. WordPress is by far the best CSM out there, especially for SEO. That's all our agency uses for our clients' sites. And if they're not on WordPress, we encourage them to migrate.

Pluspunten: The best thing about WordPress is the amount of functionality and control it offers over your website. There's nothing you can't do with it. Since their CMS is an OpenSource platform and the most widely used CMS, just about every host out there can host your WordPress site. On the note of it being OpenSource, you're not bound to the first party features of the CMS like you would be with Wix or Squarespace. You can find a 3rd-party plugin for literally anything you need your site to do without having to have any website development background.

Minpunten: There is a learning curve to getting started, I'll admit. It takes anyone a decent amount of time to get going on the platform and really understand what they're doing. With that being said, there are tons of resources out there. All it takes is a little time investment to master your WordPress site. If you don't have anyone teach you how to operate the backend of the site, it can seem not very intuitive.

good website product

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2019
Melissa N.
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I really like it - it is just inconsistency with customer service that wastes time

Pluspunten: I like the ease of use and customer service is available in a variety of ways. It is easy for a non-developer and looks professional. Easy to add purchase or donate button. Over all I really like it

Minpunten: Some of the web pages are hard to change. One customer service agent told me to do it one way and actually changed some things themselves - but it was wrong and very difficult to change. The next customer service agent said it was set up wrong to begin with so those pages had to almost be deleted altogether. Also, there are many answers to the same question I found out - differing customer service agents will send instructions and links to differing ways of doing the same thing. Also, some customer service agents do not read the question in chat - it takes repeating the same question or giving the same answer several times as they do not take time to read

The only option I'd use for my website for my start-up

Beoordeeld op 9-6-2019
Jemma C.
Founder & Directo
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used Wordpress to host my start-up Journo Resources and it's been a well functioning and customisable solution. It was easy to set up, I'm able to do the majority of it myself, and I've found it easy to integrate the work of outside developers. As my business is based entirely online, it's important for me to have a lot of control, and this helps me to do this is a customisable way.

Pluspunten: There are a number of features I'm a big fan of on Wordpress.org, mainly centred around ease of use, customisation: • This is one of the easiest pieces of kit to set up in terms of your website, and they're very good at walking you through how to tie it all together when you're starting out.
• It's intuitive, so you don't have to spend a lot of time explaining to people what they need to do, and there are good (and customisable) permission levels so you can make sure the right people have access to the right things.
• The platform is free! All you need to pay for is your own hosting.
• It's incredibly customisable. There are no shortage of Wordpress developers out there if you're looking for a custom build, and there are thousands of plug-ins and themes which can sort you out if you're looking for an out of the box solution. For the most part, I don't need anyone else to look at the website on a day to day basis, and am able to effectively manage it myself.

Minpunten: There is a ratings system on the plug-ins, but it would be good to make this more robust. Generally, though, I'm very happy with the service.

Easy, fast, ridiculously customizable

Beoordeeld op 24-5-2019
Jason W.
Sr. Systems Engineer
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Years ago, when I first started using WordPress, it was because I'd been doing the occasional client website from scratch for many years. HTML, coded by hand, graphic and colors layouts, etc. Eventually it no longer made sense, especially as we moved into the era of working with databases, caching systems, etc. It just made sense to find a solution that already had that backend in place, rather than reinventing the wheel every time. So I tried several systems: Drupal, Joomla, and others, before finally coming to WordPress. When I finally tried it, it was a revelation: lots of clear documentation, a massive community of users who help each other through the learning curve and the assorted issues that inevitably appear, more plugins and themes than you could ever imagine. I stumbled a bit with the learning curve back then, though mind you, this was at least a decade ago. WordPress, in the time since, has become so easy to setup that most web hosts these days will, in fact, do it automatically at the press of a button if that's what you wish. Basic setup couldn't be any easier, in my estimation, and for a lot of people, that will be enough. If you're a more advanced user, however, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to extend the system's capabilities. Beyond plugins, there are also countless cloud services that integrate with WordPress in various ways. For example, FreshWorks offers a number of systems, such as help desk ticketing, live customer support chat, etc.

Pluspunten: I've been using WordPress for many years, and the thing I like most is that it's constantly evolving, changing, becoming more than it was. Year after year, absolutely without fail, WordPress becomes a more sophisticated, more streamlined, more functional system for managing websites, and I can't recommend it enough.

Minpunten: Like any software system, WordPress has a learning curve that can be a little challenging if you're new to the world of Content Management Systems. You'll hear a lot about all that WP can do, and it's true, but often, that functionality comes via plugins or custom built themes you'll have to add yourself. It's not hard, and if you're an experienced web person, you'll get it easily, but for the newbie it might be a challenge. Don't worry, you can manage it, though.

Perfect Tools for Building a Website Without Coding Skills

Beoordeeld op 28-5-2019
Chase P.
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have been very happy with WordPress for our use. We are a small organization and don't have any coding skills, so we needed something that we could use, update, manage without a lot of prior knowledge. We've had to make a lot of changes to Wordpress in order to keep is secure, and Wordpress is making large strides to help simplify this.

Pluspunten: Wordpress was very simple to set up and get going. There are a lot of great templates to get started and lots of great plugins to use. Without any coding skills, we were able to get a fully functioning website up and running in a matter of hours, rather than days, months, or years.

Minpunten: There is a lot of maintenance and when you need to start customizing things beyond what your template or plugins are able to do for you, it can be really difficult. Wordpress was obviously created as a blogging platform, but has widely been used as a web designer. It is pretty clear that there are limitations when it comes to using Wordpress as a full website.

Create, communicate and manage easily!

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2019
Multimedia Editor
Omroepen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Wordpress is a platform designed to create personal blogs in a basic and simple way, especially since it is free and there is a great advantage when considering savings for your company ... It is a fast and efficient solution for those who seek to have a personal space as a blog where you can describe your opinions, thoughts or any other content that you consider appropriate, including as a catalog for simple sales that links to other applications is very useful. However; it is not a solution designed for complex digital projects such as a website with certain features, an online store or any other type of web page that contains certain programming features.

Pluspunten: Its source code is accessible by anyone, which can be shared and modified to contribute to its development; that is, it is "open source". It's free, it allows you to download it without having to pay a dollar for downloading the source code. All the resources that WordPress offers are free, including: the core (your source code), thousands of templates of designs to decorate your website, along with thousands of plugins. Setting up WordPress is simple, it only requires filling a couple of data such as the name of the site, the general slogan that will be used, the email, and you will be ready to continue working on your site. One of the features that most caught my attention was the migration of hosting, has simple ways to migrate to other web hosting providers.

Minpunten: Limited changes in the web page, since Wordpress allows us to modify texts and images in a relatively comfortable way, but there are certain changes that are not available to the user because they are part of additional codes of the template and we can only change programmatically. In the "Editor" option in Wordpress we can access several layouts and style files to modify some contents of the web page, although if you do not master HTML, CSS, JavaScript or PHP you will have problems when making these changes. It usually leads to load problems in some of its topics because there are plugins that consume many resources. Depending on the subject we use and the hosting where we have hosted the website, the load will be more or less fast.

Default option for any level of professional website

Beoordeeld op 7-5-2019
Advisor
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been using Wordpress since it was first released. I gave up on it for years and then returned to it when it was becoming more of a CMS. I got frustrated with the limited development of important apps at the time like Buddypress and gave up again other than for blogging and if a client specifically wanted WP. Joomla is a lot better conceived as a CMS. Before WP and Joomla, I used phpNuke, post-nuke, xaraya, mambo and several other CMS and have since used or tested most of the contemporary options such as Drupal.

Pluspunten: Best availability and quality of support available from third party products. For almost all needs there is a Wordpress option to plugin or API and there are quality developers always available.

Minpunten: It has become the default CMS. As a CMS it is not as elegant or modular as it should be and it was not designed to be a CMS but because of the other benefits it offers it is now the best option as a CMS.

Need a Website? WordPress is the One for You!

Beoordeeld op 7-5-2019
ICT Systems Coordinator
Muziek, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: WordPress's freely available website builder has allowed us to create a feature-filled website to which we can add, remove, or change information at a whim through quick access via computer or mobile to the website administration portal. Users can manage or post using both the web interface and the mobile app, which was incredibly useful to us. It has helped us achieve an online presence at a fraction of the cost compared to other platforms.

Pluspunten: WordPress itself is offered for free as an open source tool (although they do also sell hosting plans and domain names if required). Its website administration portal is very easy to navigate and contains a wealth of help and support information in case you get stuck. There is a large collection of free website layout templates available that can be customised to your liking, as well as a large stock of free user-created plugins in order to add additional functionality to your website (for instance adding custom maintenance pages or contact forms). You can use the WordPress mobile app to manage your website, view visitor statistics, and post to your website.

Minpunten: Although WordPress itself is freely available to create websites with as an open source tool, they do also sell website hosting plans and domain names on their website; their pricing however is not as competitive compared to other website hosting companies such as GoDaddy or Wix. Recent updates to WordPress include a new post editing interface called 'Gutenberg', which is a radical redesign that may not sit well with those who have experience with and are used to the traditional editing interface of previous versions. Website layouts are somewhat basic using stock design layouts, this can be improved upon by purchasing layout modifying plugins.

My experience with WordPress

Beoordeeld op 4-5-2019
Rosa G.
Blogger
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: WordPress was a good and nice experience for me, and it definetely satisfied my blogging needs. I can´t say it was always smooth, specially when trying to customize my blog, but generally speaking I liked it a lot, specially the statistic data it provides for you and the community. I met a lot of really cool people from different countries through this site that shared my interests and published similar things to mine and that was a very enriching experience. My articles and stories got a fairly good traffic, all things considered, and I can say it mantains the time-money-value balance. Would encourage you to give it a try if you don´t mind taking your time to understand the settings.

Pluspunten: I used WordPress for blogging for almost two years. It was a personal blog in which I published opinion pieces and short stories mostly and my experience was generally good. I really like the fact that you can select from a varity of templates that are actually nice and aesthetic, unlike other sites and softwares that provide you ten templates at most of them kind of ugly. It allows a certain flexibility to personalize your site and to rearrange the templates. I also like that you can save entries and program them to automatically get published at a specific date and time, which is super useful. The community in general is nice and wide, you can find blogs of every topic and people that share your interests, which is really cool. It also has very nice options to show you the statistics of your site, like how many people are visiting your blog, how did they find it, which words they googled to find your articles, etc. That information is really useful to improve your site´s traffic. I would go back to WordPress without a doubt if I ever started blogging again.

Minpunten: I did not love the blog administrator interface. I think it can be more intuitive. Sometimes I struggled to understand how to edit certain aspects of my blog, because I just could not find the option. I said before that you can edit and rearrange your template, and this is really cool, but sometimes it can be tricky to understand how to do it or to get exactly the look you are going for. You move something to the right and suddenly it is back again in the left and you don´t even know why. Templates misbehave. Or they did back in my blogging days. Still, if you have enough time and patience, or you are not that much of a perfectionist, you can probably overlook this cons, they are not that big of a deal.

Wordpress - Best tool for putting up a website in seconds

Beoordeeld op 28-4-2019
Communication Officer
Management non-profit organisaties, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have used wordpress for putting up several friend and customers websites when I was working a IT project manager for one of my previous employer. It has helped shortening the deployment time of customer's. I work with this CMS for over than 6 years now and I would say it is the perfect fit for almost 90% of website design projects with the myriad of templates and plugins already available out there.

Pluspunten: Support - The good thing about WordPress is the fact is wide used and widely supported by hosting companies. There is not a single website hosting provider that I know that is not supporting WordPress. Easy Installation: On most of the hosting providers, you simply have to fill a form and in one click get WordPress installed on your website. This is very useful for non-technical people. Easy website management: No need to be an IT guru to install wordpress and start publishing pages on the web in few minutes. Wordpress backend administration interface helps creating and editing webpages in few clicks. The only thing an administrator needs to know is how to login on the backend administration interface, create empty pages, and add contents including text, images, videos and finally publish it. Plugins: There is a plugin for almost everything you need to do on wordpress. There is a very strong community of developers designing useful plugins and publishing them on wordpress. Support: The WordPress community is really wide and active and for almost all bugs you will encounter, there is an already existing fix.

Minpunten: Some plugins are very sensitive to WordPress updates. This sometimes leads to a site breakdown until the problem plugin is fixed or WordPress is downgraded to the working version. This cannot really be imputed to WordPress, but to plugin owners, but a better coordination of WordPress update release and major plugin owners would make it really the best CMS to all website builders.

an open source content management system (CMS)

Beoordeeld op 18-3-2019
Wordpress
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: While using this system one feels easier since most of the things are simplified. The system is free to install hence most of the people find it economical to use the system. The system has fewer cons compared to pros making it suitable to use.

Pluspunten: WordPress is an open source content management system (CMS) that is free and it is usually based on MySQL and PHP. This system has features that include a template system and plugin architecture. This system is majorly used for blogging where the bloggers can use it in posting their blog on the social platform. There is about 60 million websites that use this system so that they can able to perform various functions. The web server is where WordPress is installed so that it can be able to function. Despite been used by many users, this system has its pros and cons that limit its usage.
The pros of this system are numeral in number. They include;
Good security due to updates
Good performance
The system is Mobile friendly
It is cheaper to use the system
Most of the sites use WordPress
This system has good and efficient updates. The updates are usually rolled out in CMS this helps in enhancing the security of the stem making it very strong. The system is designed with minimal code that makes the system load quickly minimizing the time taken to load. The themes in WordPress are integrated such that they can be able to show on mobile devices. These themes make mobile users enjoy different themes in the system. Installation of this WordPress in the server is totally free. This makes it cheaper to a majority of the people who would wish to use it. Most of the sites opt to use WordPress hence making it suitable to many users.

Minpunten: WordPress on the other has the cons that make it unsuitable to use the system.
The disadvantages are as follows;
There is a lot of updates
The site is prone to hacks
Planning is required
Updates do appear on these sites and this causes discomfort to the user such that he/she may be required to do some updates leading to loss of time doing these activities. This site is also prone to hackers who attack the system trying to access information from the system. Planning is required while using this system. One needs to organize on what activities to perform on this website and plan on the type of website to create.

Great place to start your own site

Beoordeeld op 17-4-2019
Petrus V.
Director of Strategic and New Development
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: WordPress is a great place to start for people getting their feet wet in having their own website. It has lots of features and options and the support community and documentation out there is fast and well established. It might not be for everyone, but I would recommend anyone new to the scene to start here. They will learn so much, even if they decide to move to another platform later on. The upside is that once it's set up, you do not need to pay hosting fees to a 3'rd party company. So you can really build something wonderful with little or no money.

Pluspunten: A lot of support documentation and help available out there, as many people are using it. You can do it all for free, or on a shoe string budget, if you are patient enough, as there is a steep learning curve. No matter what you can think of, someone is probably doing it already with a WordPress site out there somewhere, so you just have to keep looking till you find the right info/help. Many hosting sites come WordPress 'ready' so you can have a fully installed site in seconds. A ton of plugins out there, and a lot of them are free... So you can ultimately get what you want/need provided you are willing to experiment, read and try a lot of them.

Minpunten: A bad plugin can break the entire site, and then is not always a simple click to roll back. Sometimes plugins do not work together, and there is no easy way to determine root cause or how to resolve. It's well known, so hackers often find vulnerabilities. That being said, you can always install some security plugins, and go with a hosting site that offers WordPress security. While you do not need to know how to code, you're going to have to learn some stuff, like making site backups, fixing security vulnerabilities and speeding up the site load time. Fortunately there is a lot of good info out there to help with all of this.

Best Web Platform Available and Worth the Learning Curve

Beoordeeld op 16-4-2019
Matt A.
Director/Producer
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Wordpress is without exception the best web design platform available.
If you require a blog that you'd like to customize or monetize, you need Wordpress.
If you have require a business website that outranks competitors on Google search, you need Wordpress.
There are few cases that I would recommend a different platform.

Pluspunten: This review is about Wordpress.org, not Wordpress.com which is the free site (they have paid versions too though). I've built over a hundred sites with Wordpress. I've also built them from scratch in PHP and HTML, and with Wix and Squarespace, so I do have experience with the gamut of web design. Wordpress is by far the most versatile and widely used web design platform out there. Because it is so ubiquitous, it has the most available resources. There are thousands of themes so you don't have to create your site from a blank canvas. Many of these are free and those that do cost usually are very inexpensive. Plugins like Yoast that help your site's search engine optimization or plugins like Redirect which allow you to fix broken links or redirect a page you no longer want attracting traffic to a new page. And then there's the overall SEO of the site, which is where Wordpress truly excels over any other platform. Wordpress structures it's pages and posts in such a way that if you're willing to take advantage of it, Google will reward the site with a higher ranking. Also, Wordpress, unlike competitor platforms like Wix or Squarespace, is free! Many of the themes and most of the plugins are free too.

Minpunten: Wordpress doesn't have many cons, but here are the few: • Domain registry and hosting is handled separately, by you.
• Customizing your site can definitely be challenging. It's not as easy as the competitor platforms.
• Site speed can be slow when you want to have a lot of background video. It's slow on any platform, but with Wordpress, it's extra slow. Only with excessive video background though, not at all in other cases.

The WordPress Community Makes it the Best CMS

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019
Nigel masimba R.
WordPress Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been using WordPress since 2016 and it has been an amazing journey. An important note to make is the difference between WordPress the software ( wordpress.org or dotorg) and WordPress the hosting service ( wordpress.com or dotcom ). Dot org is the project website where you can download the WordPress software to install on any hosting provider of your choice ( apart from wordpress.com ). Dotcom is a hosting service provider that is run Automattic, the company of WordPress project co-founder. I've had an overall positive experience with WordPress even though it has hit a few speed bumps in the past year, mainly due to the project to introduce a new editing interface. The new WordPress editor has caused a lot of conflict within the WordPress community however, I believe the new editor will ensure WordPress' relevance in future. I highly recommend WordPress for almost every website on the internet. if someone argue against it due to a proprietary system, I would suggest a headless setup where WordPress only handles the display of data, while a proprietary system handles the manipulation of data.

Pluspunten: The most important thing about WordPress is the community! People who are passionate about WordPress have formed a vast network of online communities that communicate online and also meetup regularly in person. The WordPress community gives members support, training, and motivation. WordPress has a low barrier to entry. No matter your skill level or goals WordPress has an entry point for everyone. WordPress has the slogan "Code is Poetry", which can be interpreted as meaning that code is beautiful to everyone in different ways. Whether you're a beginner, writer, web developer, or advanced coder you can use WordPress to achieve your goals at or beyond your initial skill level with relative ease. WordPress is highly flexible thanks to its theme and plugin system. Plugins allow you to add custom functionality to a website. You can download free plugins from the WordPress repository or get advanced premium plugins with all the bells and whistles you need. Themes allow you to change the appearance of a site. There are thousands of free, awesome WordPress themes, as well as paid themes that add extra finesse to the design of websites. WordPress is free. The basic WordPress software is free to download and do whatever you want with it. For services like domains, hosting, or additional functionality you may still have to pay, depending on the service provider.

Minpunten: Unless someone built a website for you, you have to manage WordPress on your own. This can be challenging when you want to perform the core functions of your business and maintain a website as well. Adding customization can also be challenging however, WordPress is less challenging than most of its competitors. WordPress has a lot of unnecessary legacy bloat. It often maintains support for outdated software to ensure backwards compatibility. This isn't a problem for ordinary users however, it can be challenging for developers who are new to WordPress. WordPress requires regular updates of themes, plugins an WordPress itself. This can be a nuisance. You can automate the updates but this adds the risk of site downtime in the event of incompatible third-party updates. While WordPress typically very secure vulnerabilities are sometimes revealed in the WordPress core code or third-party add-ons. Patches are usually added quickly, though. Some may prefer proprietary systems where vulnerabilities are not available to the general public. In December 2019 a major update to WordPress was released along with version 5.0, which caused a bit of turmoil within the ecosystem. While I believe the update will benefit WordPress in the long run, there has been a lot of discussion as to whether the update was executed well or if at all was necessary. The conflict revolves around the introduction of a new editor sometimes called the Gutenberg editor. You may want to look it up.

Great for fussy UI people and amateurs alike

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019
Co-Producer, Writer, Media Manager
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: WordPress is a large part of my business - developing it for clients with businesses. I have also worked on web platforms such as Wix, Squarespace, and Shopify. And the last 2 are pretty good! Once people have those kinds of sites up and running, however, I find them wanting customizations to their sites that are not possible on those platforms. Had they set up their sites using WordPress, it would have. Clearly, I enjoy working on WordPress sites a lot!

Pluspunten: The reason why I turned to WordPress expertise was because basically everyone else started to, too! The benefit of this is that people of all talents are creating all sorts of apps (called plugins) that have great functions and features for it. Same thing for the themes (that's the look of the site). There's nothing that can't be done with WordPress. Basic awesome websites. Amazing multi-functional enterprise-level websites. Even if you're not an expert, and don't have high demands for your website to ... build a rocket ship for you... you can still enjoy using it and getting your business or your artwork out to the people.

Minpunten: Funny enough, the thing that makes it so great can also be a thorn in the side. Just because your WordPress site can do all these cool things such as connect people from your site to an autoreponder email list, or accept payments via Paypal easily, it does not also mean that removing other keystrokes/steps for other functions is as easy. So website owners who love their WordPress sites and want the sites to be even more efficient, to do more things automatically, often come across this tricky situation where 'customization' is required. And that means testing, time, and money. Sometimes significant amounts. Customization is open ended. The sky is the limit to what your website can do. But just because it offers a whole lot of cool features out of the box doesn't mean that adding to those features is easy. That's something I run into a lot with clients. The other thing is that the high level of free offerings of apps (again, called plugins) means your website will be able to do a bunch of cool things for free. But you have to be somewhat aware of your site on a regular basis to make sure that the plugins remain up to date and don't cause conflicts with other parts of the website. Regular maintenance does not have to be a big deal or cost at all. But if you don't do it, the costs can become huge when you have to clean something up.

Why I use WordPress for all my websites

Beoordeeld op 27-3-2019
Delia S.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am an ex nurse who had never touched a website. As a total web novice I learned how to communicate a message about problems with the healthcare industry. I gradually learnt about embedding images, then videos, then podcasts and PDF's. As the information I wished to give people grew, I was always able to find a WordPress plugin or theme to give me the power that normally would only belong to full stack developers. Now I share large amounts of data on my site, embed multimedia and share information easily on social media sites. I have done inexpensive online courses on WordPress, but am basically self-taught. I am very grateful to WordPress for having made web communication available to everybody. WordPress now powers 1/4 of the world's websites. Anytime I have an issue, there is a huge community of users who have cheerfully created uTube videos and tutorials, explaining how to fix virtually every problem.

Pluspunten: In one word - community. WordPress is supported by a huge global community. While the software is a MySQL database, it's open source framework allows developers from around the world to build free and very low cost software add ons, or 'plugins'. WordPress powers eCommerce sites, Newspapers, Directories, Music sites, podcasts and more. From a single page advertising a coffee shop to an online store selling thousands of items, WordPress has the capability to communicate your digital message to the world, in any language, any format and connecting to any major platform.

Minpunten: If you don't write code, WordPress gives you a 'go between', a content management system that looks like word processing software to the user, but generates the appropriate HTML, CSS, PHP, JAVASCRIPT behind the scenes. Unlike traditional coding software like dreamweaver that use FTP (file transfer protocol) to update your site on the server, WordPress updates are done directly (and continuously) from your WordPress dashboard. This gives a more intimate feel but a slower work load. WordPress started out as blogging software and that beginning unpins its current format. Some plugins are buggy, will clash with other plugins and can even break your site. Sticking with mainstream ones (that often require a minimal payment) is safest.

A review of Wordpress by a Creative Director of a Marketing Agency

Beoordeeld op 20-3-2019
Creative Director
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Thinking about it, Wordpress does make it very easy to make a website. Whether that website is fast, good looking, functional or search engine optimised is a different story. Perhaps Wordpress could provide slightly more intrinsic help to help it's users produce a website that has a chance of converting real customers. I have spent thousands of hours working in the Wordpress dashboard and have to admit that it is very well (but not perfectly) thought out and fairly intuitive. Many of our clients need help with certain relatively easy tasks and I feel like this is a good example of where it could be sightly more logical or consistent. In fact, it probably doesn't matter what anyone says about Wordpress, everyone is bound to end up using it for something at some point!

Pluspunten: Wordpress is a very well developed, well supported and incredibly flexible platform. It's beauty is in it's ability to work with whatever look, layout or function you or your client may require. I like the fact that it is very regularly and diligently updated by a global team of developers. I like that there are literally millions of web pages devoted to help you work with and on Wordpress. I like that there are a huge number of plugins available to extend the native functionality of the platform. I like that it works so seamlessly with a database, allowing your data to stay secure and accurate while you change everything around it. I like the lightweight themes developed by Wordpress themselves. Oh, and I like that it is a truly globally recognised platform - meaning that you can work with designers, developers, copywriters and art directors from all around the world. Really, it's ease of use as a CMS for clients is a huge plus.

Minpunten: Wordpress websites do not seem to be quite as lightweight and as fast as websites coded bespoke from scratch in HTML, PHP, CSS and JS. The shear number of updates to themes, core files and plugins can sometimes cause clashes and problems with websites running on the platform. Managing a number of Wordpress websites takes a good deal of will power, resources and time. Adding unusual functionality to a Wordpress website can either be easy and fine . Using a lightweight and well reviewed plugin is a dream, but
it could be an impossible struggle with bloated pages of code and slower loading times, unexpected incompatibility and losing track of numberless subscriptions to seperate products and services.

WordPress - the leading CMS for the next years

Beoordeeld op 22-3-2019
Daniel P.
blogger
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used WordPress to create a personal blog, a business site, and a web design related blog.

Pluspunten: WordPress is easy to use and extremely powerful. These two features combined should attract the attention of anyone interested in creating and maintaining a site.
First of all, WordPress is relatively simple to use. An average Internet user is able to create a WordPress powered website in just a few hours. Practically, all you have to do is to install a theme and a few plugins. Of course, more demanding people need to personalize their site. Luckily, the latest WordPress version (Gutenberg) allows you the site customization without writing any line of code. If you are like me (a newbie programmer) you will like the possibility of creating a cool site without writing code.
Besides its simplicity, WordPress is versatile. Do you want to launch a small personal blog? WordPress is a good solution. Do you want to launch a big online store? WordPress is also a reliable solution.
Finally, I prefer using WordPress due to a multitude of themes and plugins available. WordPress repository is full of good themes and plugins and there are many other premium ones if you want more features.

Minpunten: I spent a few minutes figuring what I like least about WordPress. This fact reveals that WordPress is a pretty solid choice. However, I consider that security is the Achilles heel. You have to invest time and resources to considerably strengthen a WordPress site security. Usually, if your site doesn't generate serious revenue, you are safe with a good security plugin. Sites that generate revenue are more attractive for hackers that will test any kind of vulnerabilities.
Anyway, WordPress has way more positive aspects than negative.