Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Carbonite

Biedt een webgebaseerd beheerdersdashboard, automatische back-up, back-upplanning (voor Windows) en een functionaliteit voor verschillende bestandsversies.

Meer informatie over Carbonite

Transferring files and large deliverables that our company receives never takes long and we are given an incredible amount of space for an inexpensive cost, so it frees up our hard drives at work.

The backup runs frequently and slows the computer down, restoring files after a computer crashes is a huge pain, and accessing the vault can be confusing.

Beoordelingen van Carbonite

4,0
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,0

Carbonite heeft een totaalscore van 4,3 van 5 sterren op basis van 168 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Carbonite eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (168)

Andrew
Andrew
Marketing Consultant in Australië
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Makes for very easy regualr backups

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very good. We trialled a few different options but this was the best one.

Once it is set up properly you don't need to touch it again. If a problem occurs, it gives you a notification and is fixed easy.

Indicating which files and folders to back up can be a pain. By default, it backs up heaps of things that don't need backing up.

Sarah
Diretor of Creative Content in VS
Omroepen, 2-10 werknemers

Great for Baking Up Data

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If Carbonite changed those two factors I mentioned as cons, I would feel way more confident recommending them to friends because I do like the affordable plan and how easy it is to backup files compared to competitors. And like I mentioned, I also like how they will back up your external hard drive which a competitor I was looking at does not do.

As a backstory, I was talking to our tech advisor about our need for backing up our data. While I ensure that I back up my data through my external hard drive, I also know that my external hard drive can go kaput as all of them do eventually. So I mentioned to our tech guy that I feel like we need a cloud storage but I wasn't too fond of Dropbox or Google Drive. He had similar sentiments and recommended Carbonite. He said he uses it with a number of clients with good results. So I took the plunge with their Black Friday deal that included backup for my computer and external hardrive. Pros: I liked that it backed up all of my data itself and that I didn't have to do it manually. The only thing I need to do manually is for my future data and the process is SUPER simple even for the tech-challenged. I also liked that there was the mid-tier option (the one I chose) that backs up your external hard drive. You get unlimited storage for the tier I chose which is not true of Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and others.

I don't like that I can't easily access my data to see with my own eyes that my data is backed up which is very different than OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and Dropbox that I can pull up at any time my backup files. I can't tell how good Carbonite is at backing up the files until something goes wrong which makes me nervous. I don't like that if my external hard drive isn't connected for 30 days, the data is wiped out. What if I'm taking a break from my technology and don't have it hooked up? What if I'm using a different computer at the time because my original laptop and backup hard drive are getting repaired? That made me feel uneasy.

3 jaar geleden

Thank you so much for leaving us some actionable feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to be thorough and honest with us!

Dustin
Dustin
Information Technology Administrator in VS
Research, 11-50 werknemers

Reliable Software that provides piece of mind

2,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I really liked it until they implemented the HUGE price increase. Perhaps it was a problem with just that one employee but they definitely need to get better at communicating changes to their customers. I'll be switching to a more cost effective product once our subscription is up.

Ease of install - It is extremely easy to deploy Carbonite. I have installed it on our Windows 10 workstations as well as our server VMs running Windows Server 2012. Each time the process is quick and simple. I also like the custom updates it provides on backup status. It also lets you customize backup policies for each individual device to optimize utilization.

They wanted to increase our yearly cost by more than 50% with minimal account upgrades. Our account was set to renew automatically at this increased price with no warning. An account rep reached out to me a 6-8 weeks ahead of our renewal date but wouldn't respond until we were about 2 weeks out. At that time he informed me our price was going up. The strange thing was that under billing it still showed the price we had been paying for the past six years, and showed we would be charged the same amount again on our renewal date. If he hadn't mentioned it on the call they would have charged us the new price without informing us until we received the receipt. I really did not like that their system was showing one price but they planned to spring another on us.

Tony
VP IT in VS
Bankwezen, 51-200 werknemers

Carbonite Functions Very Well For File Level Backups!

4,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall the product has worked very well for us.

Easy to setup and use for file backups and recovery.

Sometimes support is less than we expect in terms of helpfulness.

Systems Architect in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Carbonite for personal or small business

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Complete system restoration was a huge problem solver. Also real time continuous synched back up helped immensely for incidents such as accidental deletion.

The product was easy to implement and configure. The best features were continuous synchronous backup, and backup with encryption. It also had a feature to back up the entire system that could be used to restorer after a hardware failure.

The features were never a problem, however the pricing model changed significantly that made the prodcut unaffordable to my business and my clients.

3 jaar geleden

Thank you for leaving us a review. I'm sorry to hear that our pricing model was not to your satisfaction. Please reach out to our sales team to see if we can work something out: https://www.carbonite.com/contact-us

Randy
IT Support Manager in VS
Chemicaliën, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Carbonite - Great solutiuon for protection!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Awesome. I ave had to use the backups to recover failed drives, and ransomed disks.

The software is easy to setup. It allows the individual to set up different backups. Incremental (daily), full (weekly or daily). Support is great and very helpful. You can encrypt the backups. Carbonite checks the backups on a continuous basis for ransomware.

By default it selects the folders for you. This is OK, but not all folders need backed up. It is easy to unselect the folders.

3 jaar geleden

Thanks for leaving us some detailed and positive feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to be descriptive and honest!

mike
IT Administrator in VS
Leger, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Information and file redundancy is key

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience with Carbonite has been entirely positive. The few times that I have had to restore a file or several files were just a minor inconvenience compare to recreating the information from scratch. I would definitely recommend using this backup platform.

After a small learning curve the platform's UI is easy to configure and is intuitive. I can retrieve a backup copy of a lost file through the software's pop up in a matter of minutes and continue on with the project.

Unfortunately, any older files which are in my back up must be restored by a Carbonite representative. This involves a phone call and some time with the representative. Not a bad experience, just a minor inconvenience compared to the do-it-yourself newer backed up files.

DANIEL
Senior IT Specialist in VS
Bibliotheken, 51-200 werknemers

Carbonite backup solution

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall this software runs well. Again after a few adjustments with the policy, the backup solution runs at full throttle uploading data based on your specifications. The restore options are also wonderful and take less time than other backup solutions.

Carbonite endpoint backup solution has ease of deployment and policy settings. Once you set it up correctly based on your companies values, carbonite does the rest.

Coming off of the trial and into production it seemed that policy settings where missed. It would have been beneficial for carbonite to explain more in depth about restrictions within their policy settings. After a few phone calls back and forth everything seems to be running well. Communication to the customer is key

Darell
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers

Carbonite is a Valuable Tool

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using Carbonite for Years and the Customer Service is 5 star and the software will auto backup all your data all day long just set it and forget it.

I have used Carbonite for a long time and recommend to all my business customers because it is the most reliable backup on the market and easy to use.

The pricing is a little expensive but it is a Great Product

Cody
NA in VS
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Industry standard tool, with good encryption options

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Able to encrypt with higher-level encryption keys than alternatives like Backblaze, which was a requirement for the business. Continuous background tool is one of the smoothest-operating I've worked with - files backup on a regular basis without user interaction, and tracks version history for easy rollback for 30 days.

The online portal is very slow, and doesn't add much value to the tool.

2 jaar geleden

Thanks for leaving us a review - Appreciate the feedback about the online portal.

Vassili
Informatiediensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Solid product, on the expensive side

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Multiple clients of mine use Carbonite to backup both servers and individual PCs. It's probably the best overall cloud backup solution out there - solid, functional, excellent support, can be deployed in minutes. Generally speaking once you schedule your backup it just works and you can easily restore files either to the same system or a completely different one. And if there is a problem their US-based support center will connect to your system and resolve it. If you need a lot of storage their plans can get rather expensive

-Simple installation and scheduling - Easy to restore backups-Excellent support- Impressive array of plugins (like backup for SQL Server, Exchange Server, Cloud-to-Cloud)- Fast backup speed

Storage from Carbonite is costly, if you need to backup a lot of data it may not be the best solution

James
IT Technician in VS
Landbouw, 201-500 werknemers

I do not have enough space to tell you of how this software fails.

1,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I can not offer any user a benefit to using this company for backing up critical user documents, pictures and data.
My recommendation is to find something different.

It was installed and configured by the previous admin, that's it.Honestly there is nothing positive about this software.

Horrible user setup, Bad server support, Software required daily administration to keep users up to date. Customer service was terrible. No matter what the reason for contact tech support they could not resolve even basic errors. Server support would bloat our data backup and would not release expired backups. Unable to restore ANY user files no matter the user backup size. The software/ company cost me over 300gb of lost data due to failed server backups. The final straw was when they had a security breech and sent all users an email "click on this link to reset your password" What happened, as I was told a senior executive decided to blow out ALL customer access passwords and send this email to reset. Oh, and let's not forget that this little blowup allowed you to use the SAME password that just got dumped.

Jacob
Operations Manager in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

100% back up... but not for your videos...

1,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Backed up most of my files, but not my videos.

Price was reasonable and setting it up was pretty easy. This service worked great for most of my files. This is an update to my previous review.

They don't backup 100% of your computer as advertised. I learned this the hard way. I set up my computer to back up everything with Carbonite. When my hard drive failed I was happy I had this cloud service... but when restoring my files it was a pain restoring my wife's saved fonts and family pictures. To my horror I couldn't find my ripped classic movie collection nor most of my family videos. All of these were saved in my iTunes library and after speaking with customer service I learned that Carbonite does not automatically back up any videos not found in the Photos app. They will back up videos, but you have to manually do it, I am still mad to this day!

Heather
Paralegal in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Reliable

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall this is a great product for adding another method of backup to your files for a good price.

I like that this software is very reliable. It is working in the background constantly updating all new files. Not only that, but it doesn't slow down the computer while doing it which is a huge plus in my book. I've had many other software programs slow my computer down and I end up ditching them. If we accidentally delete a file, we can go into Carbonite and recover it.

A couple downsides to this is that if you do happen to lose your information, it takes a long time to download all of the files back onto your computer. Another downside is that Cabonite does not backup any files that have the symbol ~ in the name. I use this often to put certain commonly used files up at the top of list for quick access.

Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

Carbonite has saved me a couple of times

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I needed the ability to back up my laptop to a remote location. I've used Carbonite for probably 10 years. I had two instances where hard drives went bad during my busy season. Thankfully we were using Carbonite on each computer. I was able to get up and running within a day and ever since then, I've used Carbonite. It's a lifesaver and gives me piece of mind knowing that my files are safely backed up.

It's easy to set up and operates behind the scenes. You don't even know it's running and it backs up your files to the cloud. Super simple to set up and use.

I don't have any issues with this software. The prices is reasonable, the back up process is simple, and it's a great piece of mind software.

Tim
Tim
Founder in VS
Internet, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: GetApp

After being a customer for 15 years, service fails constantly - ultimately a waste of time and money

1,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After being a customer for fifteen years, I am thoroughly disappointed with Carbonite's product and their complete unwillingness to refund anything for the time my PC spent not being backed up last year.

It backs up my files some of the time. It's relatively easy to get your files back, the files it actually backs up.

* It rarely backs up my files. The backup is usually more than 60 days old.* Service fails constantly* A tool that is supposed to save me time and money is now costing me hours and hours of troubleshooting and support calls

Antonio
Executive Director in VS
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Peace of mind for all your files...

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall experience has been great. Peace of mind with your data is a great thing!

The peace of mind knowing that all your critical files have been backed up in the Carbonite Cloud. With the amount of digital files one stores over time, it is critical to know that they are safe and in one location.

The only drag is the amount of time it takes to get all your data back.

2 jaar geleden

Hey there Antonio - Thanks so much for leaving us a review! I'm glad that your switch to Carbonite has given you some peace of mind that your files are safe and ready to be retrieved if anything bad happens!

Lee
CEO in VS
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

I can get support to help me

1,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: it a saturday so i asume the level 3 tech are not working and no one can hepl me reinstall the sofware...so right now my last back up was 10/31/18 and its 3/23/19 ...ouch

that it backs up my files on my computer?

its does not work, the software stops working and does not back up my computer. the last time it backed up my computer was Oct 31 and it March 23. so I call support spend an hour trying to get them to reinstall the software. and the said i need a level 3 tech to do so. so they are going to call me back in the mean time the software is off line right now ... this is crazy.

Santosh
Database Administrator in VS
Juridische dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Carbonite - Review

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: - it is a good overall experience with Carbonite application.

- This is an application which helps us to keep a backup of all our servers daily - This application is very easy to setup and access. - This application is very efficient is storing and retrieving data files without any issues.

- the pricing can be more affordable in pricing - this application can have more features to handle more use cases. - this application can be more optimized on UI

Greg
IT Specialist in VS
Chemicaliën, 201-500 werknemers

Carbonite

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been a life savor for me. Our owner had lost his laptop and I was able to fully recover his data to restore on new laptop. He was extremely great full that we had this software installed.

Users love being able to login on phone/pad and view files that have been synced from their workstation/laptop. Also, gives them security that their files are backed up if something went wrong with their workstation/laptop.

Not really con but depending on amount of data, syncing it up and recovery can take sometime to complete.

Doug
Bouw, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Good for Windows but couldn't make it work on a Mac

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using Carbonite on my Windows machine for almost a decade. It's easy to use, cheap, and their customer service is excellent. I've never waited any more than a minute or two for a chat session and they use a really easy remote login client that saves a ton of time. I thought I'd try it on my wife's Mac and 3 frustrating days later I pulled the plug and cancelled the subscription. I chatted with 4 different reps over 5 sessions and no one could get it to work any longer than 15 or 20 minutes. That aside, I have no hesitation in recommending it for any Windows installation.

Easy to use

Won't work on mac

Alex
Managing Director in VK

Used to be great but functionality has been reduced

4,0 7 jaar geleden

It's quite easy to install and set up and you can leave it just to do it's thing. Plenty of storage space. Mobile app is also usefully for accessing files.

It's now expensive compared with competitors. Functionality has also been reduced over time which means that some things are no longer available or you have to buy a more expensive package. Basic licence only covers one computer and it's quite expensive to add more computers. Poor renewal deals for loyal customers.

Pete
President in VS

Excellent way to back up my personal files, pictures, videos.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

It is extremely easy to set up. My media folders are already set to back up each night so as I add files to these folders I know they are being stored in the cloud for me.

From what I can tell there is no easy way to get your files back if your computer crashes. When I say easy I mean fast way to get them. The upload times to back up your files are long, so I can imagine if you are trying to restore a backup it would take days.

Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Best cloud backup

5,0 5 jaar geleden

I love Carbonite for backing up my files on my computer. The thing I love best about it is that I literally don't have to do anything. My files are backed up every day on their own. The files are also accessible from any computer if you sign into your account.

Only drawback I would say is that sometimes it takes a little while for the files to download onto the cloud.

Brian
Founder & President in Duitsland
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers

Essential cloud backup solution!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Ability to restore files to a new computer.

Carbonite provided outstanding customer service when we needed to transfer files to a new computer. They walked us through the entire process and saved us hours of heartache!

The price point is fairly competitive with other cloud backup solutions and sometimes they offer discounts at time of renewal if a 5-year plan is chosen.