Citrix ShareFile reviews

Over Citrix ShareFile

De veilige oplossing voor het delen en opslaan van bestanden, gebouwd voor bedrijven. Met geavanceerde, compliance-ondersteunende beveiliging.

Meer informatie over Citrix ShareFile

I like that there is an app that integrates to my computer (and my coworkers computers) to basically make a folder that acts like its own hard drive on our computers.

I dislike the outlook extension for Sharefile.

Beoordelingen van Citrix ShareFile

Waar voor je geld

Citrix ShareFile heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 340 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Citrix ShareFile eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (341)

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
Marketing Communications Specialist in Maleisië
Internet, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Storage hosting is easy with ShareFile

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Sharefile is a cloud-hosted file server at its most basic level that replaces the need to host one within a workplace or business. It also allows you to offer download links to consumers to upload or download specific files, provided you have the proper rights. Because it is hosted offshore, it has the advantage of not requiring the office to operate servers or an Infrastructure rack.

You won't be able to view your file structure if your external internet connection goes down. If you're a remote worker trying to connect to a server hosted by your company, this can happen. Another problem might be a lack of bandwidth while uploading/downloading to Sharefile. It was also quite sluggish and complicated when we initially started using it, requiring multiple periods longer to transfer or explore than a self-hosted server. We also have at least 1-2 service interruptions every month, during which users are unable to conduct their job for a while.

Joey
Staff Engineer in VS
Machine- en installatiebouw, 11-50 werknemers

Secure File Sharing Solution

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Easy to navigate UI. ShareFile has an add-on that integrates into standard Outlook email platform. The add-on allows you to email large files using a secure third party FTP, where sensitive documents can only be accessed by permitted parties. It's easy to set permissions if you allow the document to be shared with others. Works well for cloud sharing documents and files where collaboration is needed. You can set a time duration for files to automatically delete themselves, so that makes managing storage capacity easier.

No real cons that I can think of. Perhaps for some people who are not tech savvy might have trouble setting up their personal preferences, but this could apply to any software. I found it easy and intuitive to set up using the web app, mobile app, and the Outlook extension.

Oleksandr
Software Engineer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Citrix ShareFile organizes data stored in the cloud in a way that makes sense

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Using ShareFile, we feel confident that even our most sensitive files are safe in the cloud. When we have something new to share, we don't hesitate to put it in the cloud, where it will be safe from prying eyes. It is incredible how much work goes into secret projects, databases and other forms of knowledge that cannot be shared. The fact that they have developed a specific program to archive documents without the risk of data theft is an excellent advantage for any company.

I would especially like to highlight the low cost of this program, as well as its ease of use and payment structure. With its intuitive cloud sync feature, sharing data is easier than ever. Everything fits together seamlessly. I find the file-uploading functionality of the interface fascinating and valuable. Since its primary function is safeguarding files, it can be used by any company or team.

Nothing has gone wrong for us, and the loading time is the only thing I have any complaints about. There are many things I like about Citrix ShareFile.

Tim
Practice Manager in VS
Medische praktijk, 11-50 werknemers

THINGS ARE CHANGING

1,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Well, after around 10 years of using Sharefile without any issues and only using customer support about 2-3 times we were told that the charges would be basically multiplying by ten times the amount and if we didn't like it, TOO BAD!!!! No negotiation, no warning period (don't consider a 30-60 window after being told you're screwed to quit service or pay a valid warning), no understanding, just "do this or else... don't like it, we don't care.... see ya later scrub." Very unprofessional and in my opinion can and maybe will break your company. With a marketing plan/ploy like that where you corner customers and then on top of that don't care about them in the slightest sense you are heading for disaster.

I liked that it was affordable, easy to use, and we could do more if we wanted to. The actual log in and navigation was easy to use for the most part after some updates and the customer care used to be okay the few times I needed it.

They have now hiked up the prices basically telling Small/Medium Businesses to pay up or leave (only about a 30-60 day window to decide do I want to pay more or not). For most small businesses it's an easy choice as alternative affordable pricing is out there all over as I found. I guess they only care about big time companies now that they are "Big Time". Lol, while searching for them I see that they were one of best in 2017... big heads? Seems to be the case. I think this new change will make everything they were doing go down hill fast... good luck shareholders (if they are public).

Sumit
Senior Executive - Level 1, Accounts & Finance in India
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Citrix

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: its just wonderful experience to used the citrix

the most & best its user friendly , easy to understand

Using this software from past 06+ years still cannot find any cons

Mona
Office Manager in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Couldn’t be more secure

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: This experience was ok, it wasn’t our perfect fit.

This is very secure and protected with encryption, perfect for legal or financial information. Electronic signatures are completed with little effort. Citrix ShareFile has an email plugin that sends large files without so many hiccups. The emails are protected on their way. Client portal was well liked.

I think it’s too expensive and it needs to be made more simple to understand and use. I think it should be more adaptive so smaller businesses can get what they need without paying for and getting confused with the enterprise settings.

Damilola
Graduate Student in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

ease of assessing apps on my school cloudstore

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: it has been great

once it is connected, I can work on the app cluster in school like I am there. the ease of getting the data I have analyzed as well is easy. it literally saves it on my computer and saves on cloud as well.

The fact is that sometimes it doesn't connect and so I have to do the upload and download step which i would not regularly do when it connects properly

Josh
Community Manager in VS
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers

ShareFile is essential with our document management and reporting storage!

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

ShareFile is essential with our document management and reporting storage!

I have no complaints or suggestions at this time.

Abraraw
Dr in Ethiopië
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Abraraw

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I like features like secure login file sharing and data management

What should be improved here is layout and graphics

Corey
Principal in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Citrix review

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Not a bad product to use for sharing files with coworkers.

Some features are a little difficult to use.

Operations Manager in VS
Publiceren, 11-50 werknemers

Great as a File Storage System

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We put Sharefile in place without an IT admin or any IT specialists on hand. A group of four of us tackled the transition from our university's shared drive, handling the data migration and the set up of folder structures. Because of this, I'm sure we didn't have all file storage best practices down pat. I don't know that Citrix provides much in way of recommendations for how to structure the data; that said, we only purchased Sharefile rather than a more enterprise-minded solution. I am sure with heftier purchases that there'd be more consultation and interaction. For the several-thousand annual price we pay for a team of around 40, the benefits of Sharefile are immense. As with any system of this size that's cloud-based, there's a bit of a learning curve to get comfortable with the more in-depth features and functionality, but once we learned how certain aspects work, it's been great and has become a core part of how we conduct the sharing of files with clients.

Cloud-based and easy to understand web interface is nice. Onboarding and implementation was good and inexpensive. The check-in and check-out file features are nice, as are the abilities to share files with external users. The security and uptime as well as ability to resolve any system-wide outages quickly.

Some frustrations in features that I was expecting to be more fully fleshed out, such as workflows or ability to work on documents online without the lag of connecting with 365 and handling some of those handovers.

Technical Support in VS
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

I deployed ShareFile on my platform

5,0 5 jaar geleden

ShareFile is easy to use. The Outlook plug-in allows an easy way for customers to send secure files as well as secure emails with a few short clicks. Users are able to create their own folders and we share folders with our clients. There are templates for subfolders as well as retention periods for files. We are able to send attachments beyond Outlook's size limitations and ShareFile helps scan for potentially dangerous content. You can also control what network users access their ShareFile account. There are a lot of options available if you're looking to protect information that leaves your company.

There can be issues with downloading a lot of files at once from the browser. However; Citrix makes a ShareFile desktop app this helps speed up this process. You can turn two factor on, but you have to have each user go to their account and manually enable it. That makes us work with each user in order to enable two factor. The cost can be expensive, but we had reduced rate. Its well worth looking around for a good deal if you decide to implement ShareFile. A small downside is when a user goes to preview a password protected document, they have to download the file because ShareFile's website cannot prompt you for the password.

Nur Hana
Nur Hana
Administrative Assistant in Maleisië
Entertainment, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Sharing file with ShareFile

4,0 2 jaar geleden

ShareFile goes extra length in protecting and securing files that i sent and shares using this software. The encryption that they add to each files that are sent out giving peace of mind for anyone that using their service, because we know, it will be safe and secure.

ShareFile is a one purposes software, which is transferring a files but it comes with a extra step to start it working and unnecessary process that it think it can be simplified. Using the basic file transferring tools is free, but to upgrade it to premium account is too expensive.

SVP in VS
Bankwezen, 11-50 werknemers

Sharefile is a quick easy way to manage, store, host, receive, request, and transmit documents.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This software gives me a peace of mind I couldn't get through many other document repository sites. I suppose the only issue is some of my clients aren't sure how secure transmissions of unencrypted data is via the site.

I don't ever worry about Sharefile glitching. When my coworker experienced trouble syncing, she told me the support team she called stayed on the phone with her and walked her through everything and waited to make sure the issues resolved. It puts my mind at ease, which is very important when talking about all the documentation for everything I do. My business relies on my documentation. It's great knowing it's also cloud-hosted so I don't have to worry about losing access due to any potential hardware malfunctions.

I don't have much to say in terms of cons related to Sharefile's service and product. It is so straightforward and user friendly. It's intuitive - my boss was shocked when I had downloaded, synced, and set up the whole company Sharefile on my new device before he got the chance to explain what I needed to do. I attribute that to the intuitive, consistent, helpful design.

maxime
Consultant (Data Scientist) in Frankrijk
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 11-50 werknemers

Sharefile : A good product with unresolved bugs for years !

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it's a very good/solid product, with usefull features and good UX/UI.
Sadly, the persistent bugs and the slowness of the upload for multiple low volume files make Sharefile impossible to use as repository : it is a good tool to share 1/2 files with clients via emails, nothing more.

Ease of use, basic functionnalities do work properly, connectivity with Outlook (via Sharefile plug-in)

The recurent bugs / issues that see no corrections (for years). The first ones that come in mind : - every 4-6 months, you have to reinstall Sharefile desktop because the app is not the same anymore. Same for the Sharefile plugin for Outlook. - ~90% of the time, you have to launch Sharefile desktop twice to start it. It happens on all computers I've tested Sharefile desktop on (rouhgly 20 computers with different setups) - With 'double validation' connexions, you'll receive as many as 3 SMS, most of the time I receive 2 of them (only one containing the right validation code). Same happens for many Sharefile users I know.

Finance in Zuid-Afrika
Administratie, 11-50 werknemers

Sharefile for ease of access to files across networks

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been great working with Sharefile. We have cut down IT infrastructure costs by a huge amount. We are very happy with the functionality and how we can continue to share files across the wide locations of our organisation.

Sharefile was pretty straight forward on the implementation side for our accounting practices network which is located in different offices across the continent. We did not need to hire expensive IT professionals for this task. We did it using our internal resources. Being cloud based we also have not had to invest in any extra infrastructure. It plugs in well with outlook making it much easier for us to send retrieve and send files from Outlook with just a few clicks. Overall for the cost this has been a great solution for us.

I have no real cons with this software as it is effective and does what it does. Some of our people on the network complain of speed but this is probably more a problem caused by their internet speed and connection.

Governance, Risk & Compliance Administrator in VS
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

Customizable, Secure, and Beyond Simple

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We began looking for an enterprise solution to file sharing/signing and was hoping to reduce user burden by having the solution serve a host of functions. We were particularly intrigued by the prospect of secure file collaboration but this feature was not as user friendly and compared to Google docs, there was a lot lacking.
While this prevented widespread implementation, several teams nonetheless still rely on sharefile. The continued acquisitions by Citrix also make one wonder how Sharefile will continue to improve/integrate over the next iterations.

Being able to send clients to a personal, branded client folder to access whatever they need (with my customized security settings and email alerts) was amazing. Also a huge fan of the send me a file link that can be embedded into email signature blocks

The 2 main shortcomings of the product are what keeps it from being an Enterprise wide solution (though it is nonetheless superb for secure document sharing and signing). I did not test the Outlook plugin, but the Gmail plugin was not nearly as easy as it was made out to be.

Senior Tax Analyst in VS
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers

ShareFile is great for sharing data with others

5,0 4 jaar geleden

ShareFile has a plethora of tools to help you backup and share documents. The new drive letter access available in Windows Explorer is fast, just like any other drive on your computer. This makes it easy to save and share documents. The google mail sharing extension also allows you to quickly create a link to a document with an expiration date.

Website features change and there is little communication about what is being updated. On rare occassions, there are problems accessing files due to a database error or a lack of website response that may require help from ShareFile. Lastly, files generally have an automatic expiration date when they should auto-delete in 365 days, but sometimes do not.

William
Chief of Operations in Canada
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

Security with Ease!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I wish I had known about this solution sooner. The time my staff save and the overall ease of use make it a wonder product. I feel very secure in Citrix's hands with this product.

Citrix ShareFile works seamlessly with my Office Outlook and provides piece of mind for me and my clients when sending sensitive information through email. The robust functionality allows me to control who and for how long certain individuals have access to confidential information. Gone are the days of encrypting individual documents, just drag and drop and ShareFile will take care of the rest. It's a real time saver.

It may be a little pricey for small businesses (i.e. Sole proprietors).

Cecilia
Manager in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

Security

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The people that I spoke too were helpful and answered my question in a knowledgeable manner.

One of the things that I like is that the program gives you pass codes when you send a document. This gives you peace of mind about the privacy of your documents and work. The help and support that you get from the company in order to use the program correctly was excellent, well explained. They encourage you to call with any doubts setting up meeting to make it effortless for you.

Even if I like the security level sometimes retrieving a lost code is troublesome

AWS Developer( works for Coca-cola Company) in VS
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

ShareFile is nice file sharing software securely.

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall i liked ShareFile software, it helped me in my day to day work when it comes to maintain and share project documents.

It is easy to to maintain and share files/folders across team very in secured way. We can organize files with different folders project wise. When you are in ShareFile and want to send a file to your colleague you no need to download and send thru the email, just in click it helps you to send it.

I some how feel it needs little improvements i customer support side, and also files will be downloaded sometimes slowly. But not major concerns.Happy till now using it.

Jason
Managing Partner in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

The best way to store and share company data

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used Sharefile and have cliients that use it as well. It is used to store important company info in a distributed network, as well as sharing information with clients and consumers. They make it easy to do all these things quickly and securely.

Sharefile makes it easy to store and share company data. It gives you the ability to share this data with your internal team, or with non-team members. The security features ensure you have complete control with your data. The apps they have make it easy for end users to utilize the service on a daily basis.

Sharefile works. That's all you can ask for.

Cristian Sebastian
Cristian Sebastian
Project Manager in VS
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers

Easy and useful

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use this software to store and share documents on the go, It is easy to use, A good tool to me.

Easy to set up and easy to use, easy to share.

I think this is a good software and as long they keep it running good I think it will be fine.

Eric
Associate Engineer in VS
Civiele techniek, 10.000+ werknemers

Review for ShareFile

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with ShareFile is really good. It is by far the best sharing services I have ever used. I would highly recommend it to any Business.

I like the most about Sharefile for its easiness to use. I am able to use ShareFile to share my files to any of my co-workers in the same server by simply dragging the files on my local destination to the ShareFile folder. It is simple and easy to use.

So far there is nothing I don't like about ShareFile. It is similar to DropBox but I personally think ShareFile is easier to use.

Sean
Sean
Professional Services Lead in
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

ShareConnect + Sharefile = Powerful

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Sharefile and now Shareconnect have been part of my toolkit for organisational transformation for 8 years. I've deployed 6 separate instances for widely varying use cases and each has worked well. I would rank Sharefile as important to my deliverables as GoogleWork ( Docs + everything else google does). I work in the more traditional end of the market and find that while Cloud and Hybrid cloud solutions are entering enterprise use now in 2015 most end users need the immediate deployment and quick time to value that Sharefile and Shareconnect offer. Post Sales Support from the Raleigh team does a great job of looking after remote time zones and only the occasional start-up phase hitch appears.

Prodcut and services are Top Grade 1. Great Scale 2. Easy Deployment 3. Good Support

A. Complex multi tier Reseller / referral / distributor model handed down from Citrix management ( really, it does suck ) B. Global Storage Zones generate the occasional " ticket - storm" when a problem arises its hard to keep informed on "just" your exposure, a trade off for the transparency. C. Self provisioning is a little too prescriptive. If you self provision the wrong plan then watch out its not an "easy undo". Getting Level 2 help can take longer than you'd imagine.