Legacy database that our company is slowly replacing with more modern systems

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2017
Miles S.
manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Years of data can be searched through. We currently use it for recurring billing via credit cards for monthly rental and lesson tuition payments. Those recurring charges must be manually triggered every day though.

Pluspunten: Does not have glitches or communication errors. Data that has been input stays there forever. Interface has never changed, ever. So if you are familiar with it, there is a comfort factor.

Minpunten: The user interface has very few, if any, task stream allowances or cross linking between data entry areas.
The typical interaction with Aimsi requires starting from the home screen and navigating the "Module" you need, selecting the "Find," searching for the correct customer account, pulling up the relative info about them.
Then...
Restarting from the home screen, module you need to add or edit part of the changes that are needed, "find," find that account again..
Then...
Restarting from the home screen, module you need to add or edit the other part of the changes that are needed, "find," find that account again...
While there are hot keys to speed up this process it is still a very primitive workflow. Newer systems have you choose the customer account first, then proceed to enter new data, while Aimsi requires finding the module, and then the account, over and over again. Networking your store for Aismsi to work off of one of your local PCs requires above average networking skills. Backups and hardware upgrades are your problem and responsibility. You will need someone on call unless you happen to have above average IT skills.

AIMsi Does it All (almost)

Georg L.
CFO
Sportartikelen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Been using the software for two years now, and it seems to provide a solution for everything. I wish there was a bit better integration across the different modules, such as allowing station rentals, short-term rentals, long-term rentals, and contract payments to all be made on the same checkout as regular sales orders, instead of needing to process them all at once. The payroll area also needs some improvements, it is good for recording payroll expense, but you will need a separate application to actually do the real payroll tracking/deductions/taxes. Otherwise it handles everything from rentals, bay/station rentals, it has full accounting, chart of accounts, general ledger, integrates to your purchasing/receiving, has full inventory tracking with multiple locations. Basically you can run your business with a few minor outside resources, from this one package. Even managing employees/time tracking etc... Pros: Accounting, Rentals, POS Touchscreen support, Integrated Credit Card, Employee Management, Membership Modules, Integrated Gift Cards, Inventory Control, Invoice Management Cons: The systems don't all share one checkout - each type of transaction (rental, station, contract payment, merchandise sale) must be rung up separately - The payroll is not very robust

Pluspunten: Accounting
Membership Modules
Integrated Gift Cards
Inventory Control
Invoice Management

Minpunten: The systems don't all share one checkout - each type of transaction (rental, station, contract payment, merchandise sale) must be rung up separately
The payroll is not very robust

Outstanding product and tech support!

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2014
John D.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The product I use has made tracking over 12,000 consigned items a manageable endeavor. In addition to the impeccable tech support I receive, the ability to track each and every product in the store, from intake to settlement, has made this business venture a pleasure. I probably only use 50% of the features, but those I use make my job easy. I can readily identify all pertinent information regarding an item, track notes on the consignor's item and sale preferences, and easily upload all information at the click of a button to my website. A few of the key features I use most are the abilities to associate similar items to one another, to produce reports for each consignor on items sold and still open, to create accounting reports on daily activity, to retrieve a customer's information for mail merge at settlement time, to track my inventory on both quantity and revenue generated to determine my seasonality and busiest days, and to un-publish items from the website once they reach quantity zero (can you imagine doing this manually?). I also enjoy the easy of use in the Aesys admin system. I've been able to manage and tailor the website to suit my needs with little help from the web support team (another great facet of the product). The ability for real-time lookup of shipping costs and credit card processing made the integration of these items a breeze.

Minpunten: There are times the system will crash if I have the SA Inventory, customer info, receive batch consignment, and the sales invoice windows open at the same time. There are times I need to have these available in the dynamic environment I've created, and the "Swordfish" errors can be a hassle. Also, there are some canned reports in the catalog that don't seem to work, and creating reports with the wizard is not the easiest or the most intuitive.

Great Customer Support

Beoordeeld op 11-11-2019
Carl K.
Sportartikelen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our company spent a lot of time looking for a new POS system. After a ton of research we decided to go with Tri-tech. We could not be happier. Our Rep was very nice and not pushy. We've had the POS system for just about 2 years and my rep that sold me the system told me if I have ever need anything just to call him. I've held him to it and he has definitely kept his word. They're tech support has been great but, if I have to have one negative thing it would be on the tech support. The problem is when you call tech support for a question you just get a random person. The person you talk to will help you fix the problem you're having but, if you call back for the same issue, you get a different person that has a different way to fix the problem. So it could get confusing at times. I talked to my rep and he assured me they were making changes to make sure the support you get is more consistent. But honestly its a very small complaint and in no way affects the 5 star rating. If your looking for a new POS system I would strongly recommend taking a look at Tri-Technical Systems.

Pluspunten: The customer support was great. It seemed the easiest to use. We are not a big company and this seemed to work best for us.

Minpunten: Tech support is a little confusing. I described below, when you call customer support you talk to a different person. That can cause an issue because each person has a different way to fix the problem you're having.

aimsi review

Sharon M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It was hard to learn at first and I find my new employees have a bit more trouble with it than I like. Support is good but I have frustrations when CC processor and yourself throw the blame back on each other when resolving such problems. I think the separate module are a bit pricey unless you can catch a sale. And unfortunately I wish there was better online instruction to able to learn a new module. customer support is limits how much they show you in that area. I feel as though I utilize only about 50% of what aimsi can do just because there is no instruction of resource available online. And what's the point of the scheduling tab in reports when it doesn't give data even though the choices of reports are the same in the lesson tab and they work there. Customer service told me the tab doesn't work yet.

Pluspunten: customer contact capture and credit card processing .

Minpunten: modules priced individually and that updates aren't discounted for current customers.

Very updated interface

Beoordeeld op 9-2-2018
Miles S.
manager
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Expensive!!!!! Time to "update" to the newest version? Expensive!!!!

Pluspunten: Solid database. Features specifically designed for our industry like lesson billing, rent to own tracking

Minpunten: Crashes daily because it isn't fully compatible with newer versions of windows. Not easy to use at multiple locations. Requires arcane network setup like environment variables because you have to pay for a total number of "terminals." Very clumsy user interface because you have to start from the master look up process for every piece of data you need to enter. Autopays are only semi automatic because they only run when you tell them to and once again you have to start from the master look up screen multiple times to: generate an auto pay list with manually input dates, transmit the autopays, post the autopays, cancel the denied auto pays, print out a denied list. Lesson billing is usable yet clumsy, lesson scheduling is a joke.

AIMsi has more and more to recommend it as we learn more about it

Beoordeeld op 5-9-2014
Megan H.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This is a great POS for our instrument sale and rental business. There's just enough flexibility in it without having to do everything freeform. The more we use it, the more we learn about new ways that it can help us. And the support option is great. Their staff is very knowledgeable and has been of tremendous help to us on several occasions. We've used AIMsi for years already, yet we're still finding new ways that it can help our business. The designers seem to have anticipated most of the needs of a shop like ours. Whenever we decide we want to do something new, we find there is an option in AIMsi for exactly that. That's a great sign of a well-designed product.

Minpunten: There are a couple of features that would be nice to have (ability to refund an initial rental payment in the system, reverse an approval return, etc.), but they're just things that would be helpful to us specifically. The only other thing that we really find irritating at all is that the formatting on the straight-to-email option isn't really compatible with Gmail recipients, so the large number of our customers with Gmail get invoices and the like that are very difficult to read and not very professional-looking. We get around that by printing them to PDF instead, but it would be nice to have it work in one step.

Over all, VERY happy. Best all in one POS for Firearms Retailers

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2018
Brian M.
Pres
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: All in one POS for firearms retailer with the best pricing that WIL NOT break your bank!!

Pluspunten: Lots to offer for the firearms retailer at eh best possible price compared to there competitors. We have been very happy with the system as a whole and although there is a lot to learn, support is just a call away. Having Bound Book linked right to your inventory is very helpful and there is even a delayed delivery choice in the POS for state like us in IL that require a waiting period for firearms purchases.

Minpunten: There is a lot to learn and many items/field we don't use, but can not simply delete. We have to work around them. For being such a gun based POS system, there are things that could use improving to keep retailers compliant. But every time we make a suggestion to support, it is taken in kind and it the modification can be made, they do it!

Best product available to Music retailers at this time.

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2014
Sharon M.
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
2.5 / 5
3.5 / 5
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: That it captures customer info; examines things like staff sales, top customers, sales totals so I know how my business is growing.

Minpunten: the fees that you charge for anything extra that could support us.The fact that any type of webinar, workshop or video costs so much even though we pay monthly fees for support. I don't like the fact that even if we pay a monthly support fee we're screwed on the weekend if the system errors and you can't use it. paying an extra fee for the weekend seems like a another gouge. Not enough free tips and support about general usage, considering you only get a month of "free" support to learn how to use the system. If there are other places to get info then you need to get that info out to your customers.
The email module having no support in the way of setting it up - you're on your own having to know outgoing info and whatever else. I had it working once and now it doesn't and when I ask support that admittedly say that's not there area to help with and you have to call your internet provider. Plus when it does work, depending on your provider you can end up getting blocked from using your email for 24 hours.
That I can't look up a serial number to see it's repair history.
That you didn't ask your customers how they felt about your product and get their input -thanks for listening to my request in the email I sent a few weeks ago.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van N/A op 16-9-2014

Our Support Manager spoke with Sharon and showed her how to look up the repair history on any serial number, and also stepped her through correcting her port number for emailing out of AIMsi.

One of the worst business decisions I have made.

Beoordeeld op 21-1-2018
Bonnie R.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We gained POS software with serialized inventory track-ability from this software, something that we were lacking with QuickBooks.

Pluspunten: It can handle a lot of inventory and a lot of different skus. The POS module is decent as far as keeping track of a lot of customers and barcodes. If you do opt for this software, stick with the very basic POS module only.

Minpunten: There are sooooo many things....
First off, the platform itself is extremely outdated. The only people who like this software are companies who have been using it for more than 10 years and haven't tried anything newer.
Our IT guy HATES it, and TriTech wants you to spend thousands of dollars on an old-school server set-up because it can't be set up with any sort of cloud system. One thing to keep in mind is the relatively cheap up front cost is just the beginning, as the hardware costs are going to get you BIG TIME when you have to keep going backwards in time and adding hardware, IT, and specialized accounting costs on top of everything else (did I mention our accounting costs quintupled when we started using AIMsi?!).
You can hardly ever correct a mistake, and we found this out right away when even TriTech support messed up trying to help us correct a simple mistake early on. Making corrections is tedious if not impossible, and yet the program is so counter-intuitive it's very easy to make mistakes even if you've been working with it for awhile.
The accounting module is a joke, and this is where I feel like it was truly a bad business decision. We went live officially in 2016 after practicing for about 6 months, and after 11 months of trying to get off of QuickBooks completely and get on only one reporting software we finally gave up on AIMsi as we started losing sight of numbers and business goals.
Bottom line, there are way better options out there than AIMsi.

It's a shame - good ideas, bad execution.

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2017
Aaron B.
Owner/Manager
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: There are a lot of good ideas in this software, but things like a staff that's not on the same page, and a long-awaited refresh of their base tech keep AIMsi a frustrating software package. We stay because our lesson program is to big to be handled by any other solutions we looked at, but I would advise others to hold off until their promised rebuild is released.

Pluspunten: Lesson management is good. Inventory management and sales are serviceable.

Minpunten: Built on outdated technology, which means the system will get slower and more bloated as your business grows. Simple ancillaries (like date lookup) require Googling to find outdated Microsoft files when you replace computers, and support won't have those files available. E-commerce is excruciatingly complex to execute; why must it be this complicated when options like Squarespace and Shopify exist? They don't require the user to learn XML to take full advantage of their features. The PO system is convoluted, the workflow makes no sense. Inventory management could stand to lose some processes to speed things up and make it more understandable. Reporting doesn't make much sense, either. But the most frustrating part for us has been the staff. Calling support is rarely a good experience; it often sounded like someone was paging through a manual to find a solution. Recently, I found out why: support is tiered, and we are on the lowest tier. I've been using this software for 5 years, and no one at TriTech offered us an upgrade. Online help files don't offer much more in the way of assistance. Navigation is clunky, and entries are often incomplete or outdated. We've also experienced the classic "sales promises features that developers say can't be done" routine. The most recent involved running their product on a Windows tablet - sales said it could be done, but later, support said it was only possible using Remote Desktop Protocol (a thing I wish I knew before I purchased the Windows tablet & an additional license). More than once, I've been scolded by sales for "not understanding how [their] software works." They require you to buy gift cards & hardware through them, at a substantial markup. I'm getting frustrated just thinking about this stuff...

Great feature set and support. Very poorly implemented.

Beoordeeld op 26-1-2017
Bill H.
VP/CFO
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The product has features that no other has, especially for the musical instrument rental business. However, it is showing its age. The worst thing is that it wasn't written well even to standards that we had 30 years ago. (I started in the IT business in 1986.) I would recommend it, with a great many warnings, to a musical instrument rental or similar company, but absolutely not to anyone else.

Pluspunten: The feature set for the rent-to-own business is good. So far as we have been able to discover, there is no other product at any price that supports our business. (If there was, I would be on it like a duck on a June bug.) The support staff is excellent!

Minpunten: I would have fired an experienced programmer or seriously chewed out a beginner 30 years ago if they designed a user interface that was so poorly implemented. You never know from screen to screen what you have to do to do a "find." Sometimes you have to hit Tab for the program to work, sometimes you have to hit Enter. The mere fact that in a good many places the programmers apparently elected to use the tab key or enter key events rather than the OnExit event is inexcusable. (Click the OK or Save button without first tabbing out of a field and there is a great chance that the changes to the field you were last in were not saved.) Things as simple as standard naming conventions for naming reports are just an example that someone either didn't understand design or didn't care. (The reports aren't in report name order because some inept person decided to put "Print" or "List" in front of the report name, thereby making the lists sort out without rhyme or reason. Having a table of variables to STORE system options is fine. It's even okay for a first release. However, how a system that has been on the market this long without having a user interface on said table indicates a huge lack of caring. The user interface flaws cannot be excused by the fact that the programs are old. The design flaws would not have been acceptable in a DOS or even a CP/M program. The back end modules are simply sad. The fact that they decided to write the back end all over again in the new system that they plan to release someday indicates a huge lack of judgment. Why the devil would one reinvent the wheel, especially after doing such a poor job the first time around, when one could interface to any of several well-written, mature, user-friendly and well-supported G/L, A/P, A/R, etc. systems and focus on the specialized modules that make me use AIMsi to start with? (QuickBooks immediately comes to mind.) Doing so would save well into six figures of development cost, give one a solid base on which to build, and even give one a huge marketing opportunity by being an enhancement to a widely-used system rather than being a home-rolled thing. It would also give me some hope that the new release would be available in my lifetime. They are simply burning man-years of programming effort and stretching lead times unreasonably. As bad as the G/L module is, their "Purchase Order" module simply boggles the mind. They make a sad effort to somehow combine P/O and Customer Order Processing while making both the COP features and the interface to A/P damned near unusable. One need only looks at the database design to see that whoever wrote the COP programs had never actually worked on one before. No Order Header and Order Line Item tables? Really? They sort of sludge everything together in something that they dreamed up from scratch. Even the terminology used for field names and labels is non-standard. "Picked" has a very well understood meaning in the COP industry. They have a whole new definition. I could go on forever...

After ten years, I work with the system reluctantly.

Beoordeeld op 12-7-2016
Roger B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: You can open the system multiple times on the same computer. In the middle of entering a sale, cust wants to try on a helmet or gloves, or just gets distracted; you can switch to another copy of the system until the customer is ready to continue. When using the computer to work on customer information or inventory, you can switch to another copy to verify or copy something. For instance, combining two customers into one, can copy email and then compare or enter.

Minpunten: The system is absolutely opaque, not intuitive, and byzantine. To deal with a product, it is impossible to find S/A Maintenance unless you know how to find it. Way too many arbitrary clicks and decisions to find anything in the system. Especially annoying is the inability to go back one level, if you make a mistake in these decisions; you have to go back to the beginning, and you might not even remember which decision was the wrong one. The lack of a training program to teach new employees how to use the system is something I have been thinking about for ten years. The rental module does not lend itself to quick service, renting 100 bikes on a busy day. If you suspend a sale, you can't open it and suspend it again; therefore you can neither edit, nor even reprint it. You can't analyze sales data from a sector of the customer data base. For instance, you can't separate the customers from A to M and compare them to the customers from N to Z. This would be useful to analyze the effectiveness of advertising. We could contact all the customers from A to M, but not N to Z, and then compare the results. There's more, but that will do for now.

Great Functionality at a Great Price

Nancy K.
COO
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Customers for 11+ years. We would not buy another POS product. We have premium support and receive excellent assistance

Pluspunten: It has the capacity to handle all day to day activities. When used as it is
designed, the software works flawlessly. The tech support is great.

Minpunten: When corrections are needed, some are not easily done without assistance.
There are integrated correction options for common errors, making those
much less troublesome. Note that terms and button functions are not universal across all modules.

A Small Music Store's Best Friend

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2019
Andrew H.
Technical Director
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used this software as a salesman at a local music store. It worked great to keep track of inventory (sales/ordering/receiving), salesman commissioning, time cards, and it made band rental season easy to manage.

Pluspunten: It's very easy to use for all point of sale needs including transacting sales, sales history, band rentals, gear rentals, powerful customer account features, ordering and receiving. We used it to track salesman commissions and it worked great for that as well.

Minpunten: No real cons from a salesman/user perspective. It functioned to meet all of the needs of a small, local music store.

Veritable Jack of All Trades Point of Sale application

Warren B.
Golf instructor
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: With many small businesses operating more than one type of business in their store, the demand for more versatile point of sale programs increases and becomes difficult to find. Think about looking at software to purchase and realizing each software application only does a portion of what you need. Say you sell retail products, but you also want to help local artists and sell their merchandise on consignment, plus you take trade-ins, offer repair services, and you wish to maintain a customer database to let them know about future sales; How many points of sale programs are out there capable of handling all that and much more? AIMsi. I'm still looking for the iPad program or another PC-based program capable of handling it all and be completely integrated. What kind of businesses are we talking about? Retail stores, liquor stores, hobby stores, gun stores and shooting ranges, appliance stores, car washes, music stores, bike shops, golf courses, bars and restaurants, grocery and convenience stores, and the list keeps growing.

Pluspunten: User Friendly
Continually being developed and upgraded
A true all in the box solution (point of sale, built in accounting program, built-in gift card program, contact management, B2B and C2B capable, and everything else a business needs to run the front, middle, and back office).

Aimsi software for music stores

Del S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We've been using Aimsi software in our music store for about 10 years now, and we couldn't live without it. It has streamlined our accounts receivable immensley, and made many other facets of our business much easier.

Pluspunten: We've been using Aimsi software in our music store for about 10 years now, and we couldn't live without it. It has streamlined our accounts receivable immensley, and made many other facets of our business much easier.

Minpunten: The hsitory search part of the service module has some limitations

AimSi helps to run our store

Beoordeeld op 13-7-2016
Patrick O.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Have been using this program for about 25 years. It is a great program to run a music store. Plenty of other music store owners to share ideas of how to get the best out of AimSi

Pluspunten: Really helps with the back room duties (accounting, inventory, planning, etc.). Great point of sale program. Bar coding is a must.

Minpunten: Getting quality support can be a challenge. Program has so many features that better documentation for using the features would help

My experience with AIMsi

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2017
Sheila M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use an older version (v6.0), and I am very impressed with the features. I can only imagine how the newer versions must be. Unfortunately, previous employees didn't understand POS software and we are not using many of the features, as our database is really messed up from being misused over the years. We only use the Long Term Rental Contract features, and AIMsi does a great job. Very easy to use. I only wish it had been used properly from the beginning because it looks like it would save me a lot of work.

Pluspunten: The interface is very easy to understand and use, and customer support is great. It is a feature-rich program, I only wish we had a newer version.

Minpunten: When printing statements, it prints old accounts with no address. Apparently there is no way to filter the ones with no address out so I have to manually remove them. Occasionally one slips past and they are returned to us by the Post Office.

pc poll software

Beoordeeld op 20-1-2017
Roger J.
president, owner
Entertainment, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: great customer support, however if I had concerns it would be cost effectiveness, for small business operation, I do not need support that often, but had to pay monies every month to be connected, one time fees should be available at reasonable price points

Pluspunten: support team has vast knowledge of software

Minpunten: the cost to use this service, would prefer a smaller fee to use this support on a one time as needed order, software is not user friendly

AIMSi Software is powerful, but pay for the premium support package

Beoordeeld op 9-9-2014
Clint A.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Once you learn it, there's nothing it can't do compared to other software like this. Their premium support team is absolutely phenomenal. We're a small business so our bookkeeping department is small and our expertise is in running our specialty fitness business, not running a bookkeeping company so we often need help navigating through errors and understanding how data entry in a module ripples through the system. These guys don't talk down to us and resolve our issues every time.

Minpunten: Reporting for multiple locations could be better. For example I can't see sales by store location on the same report. And, there are some processes dealing with transactions b/w locations that could be more automated instead of requiring so much data entry and manual clearing. Hard to plug and play just any bookkeeper into this software as well because it's not as prevalent. As long as your bookkeeper understands the basic tenants of accounting like entries must balance and they know what a ledger account is then they'll pick it up with a little bit of training.

Too Much Work

Beoordeeld op 8-6-2017
Mary J.
Sales Associate
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The sales staff is very eager to show how the program works, but they do not tell you about data entry required, that there is only one check template, and that other parts of their program cannot be customized. The rental and lesson modules cannot be turned off, and having to enter tax by zip code is a tedious job that is unnecessary. Other accounting programs will do this automatically. Overall, the program has great features, but if we had not spent money on it, I think I would have knuckled down and gone with QuickBooks, and I hate QuickBooks.

Pluspunten: Integrates POS, AP, AR, inventory, and invoicing, all in one program. They offer complete training and on-site set up, for a price.

Minpunten: Too much data entry to set up, which they do not tell you. I had to enter: categories (in a specific format, which I had to develop) and tax by zip code (California has over 2700). In addition, their 'conversion' consists of you putting your information in their template, and them writing a subroutine that will insert it into their program. If we had needed multiple stores, or did rentals, then it would have been more complicated. They only have one check template, and if your check does not fit theirs, their immediate response is 'why not buy them from us'. Nevermind that you might have several boxes already printed. Also, entering a customer is a complicated, several step process. For someone unused to data entry or not very computer savvy, it could be a more frustrating experience than it was for me. Their documentation is SEVERELY lacking, as well.

Johnson's Sewing Centre

Phyllis S.
Kunst en nijverheid, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been working with Aimsi since 2005 and my #1 wish would have Canadian Payroll as part of the program. The Lesson module is geared only to music lessons, not for use with sewing and quilting stores. Even though the program is marketed to sewing and vacuum stores the Lesson Module doesn't work well. The purchase order module could be made better committed and in committed orders are confusing, and it's more time consuming to use the program than to hand write a PO. The number of accounts that are available for banking needs to increase as there are many more payment options these days. We take e-transfers, direct deposits, gift cards, as well as cash, cheque, debit, and 3 major credit cards plus gift cards from these various places. Since we deal with a number of outside agents that get stock from us we have had to be very creative with using the transfer in and out a program to keep track of the inventory that is sent to these agents.

Pluspunten: The price point is very affordable and tech help has always been good Bryan is great at what he does.

Minpunten: Needs to have a more modern look and feel, and could be made more efficient, maybe being able to have windows open, when you generate a report you can not minimize the report and generate a second one without launching another Aimsi window this uses unnecessary server resources. Social media links and the ability to link to a website/e-commerce that you have built would also be nice.

One of the better POS programs available!

Beoordeeld op 4-9-2014
Lance M.
3.5 / 5
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The software has many facets which you can tailor to your company's needs. We have been using AIMsi for 11 years now and have watched the software grow into a powerful program that takes care of our inventory, accounting, A/R, A/P, and bank reconciliation. Support at Tri-Tech has been phenomenal. We've had a few hiccups in the past with bugs or mistakes that an employee has made (which we couldn't fix ourselves). Tri-Tech support has been there to always walk us through the issue, and 98% of the time, we've been able to resolve our issues.

Minpunten: There isn't much that we don't like about AIMsi, but we do wish that the check ledger was accessible in a manner like QuickBooks. The same goes for the bank reconciliation module. It doesn't make sense that in order to clear checks, the statement clearing date must always be the last day of the month in order for all the cleared and uncleared checks to show up together.

Amazing, flexible software that can do anything

Beoordeeld op 12-7-2016
Mathew S.
IT Manager
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have been working with TriTech and using AIMsi for years. They are a great company that packs so much into their software. It's flexible and can do anything!

Pluspunten: the flexibility that it has to do so many functions

Minpunten: waiting for an update as the interface is a bit dated