Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over AIM

AIM is complete verkooppunt-, voorraadbeheer-, boekhoud- en bedrijfssoftware voor de detailhandelssector. (AIM is geschikt voor EMV.)

Meer informatie over AIM

The system crashed a few times. It is difficult to learn.

Beoordelingen van AIM

3,6
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,0

AIM heeft een totaalscore van 4,1 van 5 sterren op basis van 200 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je AIM eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (200)

Consumentendiensten

Its really easy to make reports which is good for this type of software

5,0 6 jaar geleden

I really like how you can easily generate reports, that's important for my business and I believe this software can do the best job of it.

I don't like that's a little clunky to use, but that should go without saying because this is super complex software we're dealing with here.

Mitch
Manager in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Small shop with multiple needs

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall the POS has helped us make large improvements to how we do bussines. In many small ways the software is inflexable and since we have an owner with a CPA he has noted that the accounting side of the software is not as intuitive as others like quickbooks. As we get more familiar with it things are making more sense but the learning curve for the accounting reports is steeper than expected.

Customizing the menu system makes it easy to help new users get familiar.

The bugs that we do have often leave issues that take time to find or resolve after the initial issue is corrected.

Eric
VP OPERATIONS in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Overall great value and awesome tech support

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall I would buy the software again. Great people, knowledge and they absolutely show concern about your business. The software, on a basic level, is easy to learn for new employees. I've seen many positive changes in the last two years and I'm sticking around to see what's next!

Easy.......... The fact it can communicate by sending auto calls and text to my customers and helping me to stay in touch along the way. We are a repair shop and this has not only saved us tons of time but this feature has made us lots of money$$$. The POS and customization of the screen and tech support. Tech support is absolutely, hands down, some of the best I've ever experienced. They answer the phone and stay with you until you understand. Very nice people who never make you feel stupid. Also love the fact you can so easily access your data. Other software we've had has limited the backend data to you where as AIM absolutely encourages you to use it. I will say.... a new employee can be taught in under 5 minutes how to check out a customer through the POS.

Inventory management, pricing and the repair shop module all need some help. All usable and functional. They are just some areas that aren't as polished as other software. Also, if you are a company with over a million different SKU's, beware. The software really is slow. I know! FYI, you'll need own EXCEL and have a basic understanding in order to to manage your inventory as AIM just simply does not have the capability to do so.

Holly
Owner/Operator in VS

Pleased!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall we are very happy with AIM for our business. The tech support is awesome! They are always ready to help and super friendly. I love that they can remote in and show us what to do.

We have been using the contract module side of AIM for our instrument rental contracts to keep track of monthly payments since the beginning of our business in 2004. We pulled away for a brief stint to try another company and it was a disaster. The instrument rental contracts are the bread and butter of our business. If it fails, we fail. If the customer doesn't feel like they can trust us with their personal info because the system fails, we fail. It's a reflection on us. We came back to AIM in 2019 and went all in with the full point of sale system and we've never looked back. We highly recommend AIM.

We do wish that there weren't so many steps to follow. Seems like there is a huge learning curve to this program. Once you live it and breath it like it do it's one thing. But my employees tend to make mistakes often because they miss a step. And for example: having to get out of one frame and into another one for the same customer with a different question about their account is sometimes frustrating. Also. I really wish that an email went out immediately to my rental contract customers on autopay when their card is declined. The ability is there, as they receive an email immediately when the payment goes through, but not when it declines. This would help our collection dept out tremendously if this option was implemented.

Irvin
CEO in VS

AIM by Tri Tech

Opmerkingen: Inventory Control.

Retail POS, Service, Rental programs all in one program.

When you ring up retail items, a rental, & a service ticket at the same time for a customer it creates 3 different transactions for the same payment, thus listing 3 different payments on your deposit report for 1 transaction.

Al
Managing Member in VS

AIM Software and POS System for retail sales

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Positive! Their customer support is exceptional. Their Tech staff are very knowledgeableand patient. In 45-60 seconds, I can be on a call with an English speaking technical representative who knows the Tri-Tech/AIM system.

Quickly execute sales, tracking serialized inventory and sales is detailed and quick.

There are a million features! It was overwhelming in the beginning to decide which ones were going to be essential for our business.

Emily
Retirement Plan (Front Room Manager) in VS

Emily's Review of AIM

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have worked with many people at Tri-Tech we have been using there POS for about 4 years. I have had to call the customer help line many times in those 4 years. And no matter how frustrated I am they do an excellent job helping me solve the issues I run into.

I enjoy the easy of being able to create things and customize the POS easily. The system does all I need plus more that I probably don't know about. Seems like I learn new things about it all the time. My most recent call was with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. He was very knowledgeable and the questions he didn't know the answers to he was very speedy at finding them. I enjoyed my early morning conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] while he helped me work on multiple issues I was having. We got them all fixed in under an hour (I was expecting it to be a multiple hour kind of call). I look forward to working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] again.

The worst part about this POS was the set up. Although I believe that is mostly the fact that we were transferring information from a system that was very VERY old and outdated system. But the service team was there for me whenever I had questions; and boy I had a lot of them. Those first few months most of the service people knew me by first name.

Miles
manager in VS
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Legacy database that our company is slowly replacing with more modern systems

3,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Years of data can be searched through. We currently use it for recurring billing via credit cards for monthly rental and lesson tuition payments. Those recurring charges must be manually triggered every day though.

Does not have glitches or communication errors. Data that has been input stays there forever. Interface has never changed, ever. So if you are familiar with it, there is a comfort factor.

The user interface has very few, if any, task stream allowances or cross linking between data entry areas. The typical interaction with Aimsi requires starting from the home screen and navigating the "Module" you need, selecting the "Find," searching for the correct customer account, pulling up the relative info about them. Then... Restarting from the home screen, module you need to add or edit part of the changes that are needed, "find," find that account again.. Then... Restarting from the home screen, module you need to add or edit the other part of the changes that are needed, "find," find that account again... While there are hot keys to speed up this process it is still a very primitive workflow. Newer systems have you choose the customer account first, then proceed to enter new data, while Aimsi requires finding the module, and then the account, over and over again. Networking your store for Aismsi to work off of one of your local PCs requires above average networking skills. Backups and hardware upgrades are your problem and responsibility. You will need someone on call unless you happen to have above average IT skills.

Georg
CFO in VS
Sportartikelen, 11-50 werknemers

AIMsi Does it All (almost)

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Been using the software for two years now, and it seems to provide a solution for everything. I wish there was a bit better integration across the different modules, such as allowing station rentals, short-term rentals, long-term rentals, and contract payments to all be made on the same checkout as regular sales orders, instead of needing to process them all at once. The payroll area also needs some improvements, it is good for recording payroll expense, but you will need a separate application to actually do the real payroll tracking/deductions/taxes. Otherwise it handles everything from rentals, bay/station rentals, it has full accounting, chart of accounts, general ledger, integrates to your purchasing/receiving, has full inventory tracking with multiple locations. Basically you can run your business with a few minor outside resources, from this one package. Even managing employees/time tracking etc... Pros: Accounting, Rentals, POS Touchscreen support, Integrated Credit Card, Employee Management, Membership Modules, Integrated Gift Cards, Inventory Control, Invoice Management Cons: The systems don't all share one checkout - each type of transaction (rental, station, contract payment, merchandise sale) must be rung up separately - The payroll is not very robust

Accounting Rentals POS Touchscreen support Integrated Credit Card Employee Management Membership Modules Integrated Gift Cards Inventory Control Invoice Management

The systems don't all share one checkout - each type of transaction (rental, station, contract payment, merchandise sale) must be rung up separately The payroll is not very robust

Steve
Steve
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Ok for small-scale non-ecommerce shops

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was a good starting point, but we outgrew this software within 2 years of starting the company. Our eCommerce portal was functional, but cumbersome.

The tracking data on products was quite helpful. Serial numbers were regarded as individual numbers with unique purchase order receiving data that could be cross referenced with customer service records and trade-in information. Backorder protocol for Purchase Orders is the one thing I do miss about this software.

Local server based. This made it very difficult to process transactions remotely (tradeshows, etc) or work remotely.

Bonnie
President in VS
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers

One of the worst business decisions I have made.

2,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We gained POS software with serialized inventory track-ability from this software, something that we were lacking with QuickBooks.

It can handle a lot of inventory and a lot of different skus. The POS module is decent as far as keeping track of a lot of customers and barcodes. If you do opt for this software, stick with the very basic POS module only.

There are sooooo many things.... First off, the platform itself is extremely outdated. The only people who like this software are companies who have been using it for more than 10 years and haven't tried anything newer. Our IT guy HATES it, and TriTech wants you to spend thousands of dollars on an old-school server set-up because it can't be set up with any sort of cloud system. One thing to keep in mind is the relatively cheap up front cost is just the beginning, as the hardware costs are going to get you BIG TIME when you have to keep going backwards in time and adding hardware, IT, and specialized accounting costs on top of everything else (did I mention our accounting costs quintupled when we started using AIMsi?!). You can hardly ever correct a mistake, and we found this out right away when even TriTech support messed up trying to help us correct a simple mistake early on. Making corrections is tedious if not impossible, and yet the program is so counter-intuitive it's very easy to make mistakes even if you've been working with it for awhile. The accounting module is a joke, and this is where I feel like it was truly a bad business decision. We went live officially in 2016 after practicing for about 6 months, and after 11 months of trying to get off of QuickBooks completely and get on only one reporting software we finally gave up on AIMsi as we started losing sight of numbers and business goals. Bottom line, there are way better options out there than AIMsi.

Carl
Manager in VS
Sportartikelen, 11-50 werknemers

Great Customer Support

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our company spent a lot of time looking for a new POS system. After a ton of research we decided to go with Tri-tech. We could not be happier. Our Rep was very nice and not pushy. We've had the POS system for just about 2 years and my rep that sold me the system told me if I have ever need anything just to call him. I've held him to it and he has definitely kept his word. They're tech support has been great but, if I have to have one negative thing it would be on the tech support. The problem is when you call tech support for a question you just get a random person. The person you talk to will help you fix the problem you're having but, if you call back for the same issue, you get a different person that has a different way to fix the problem. So it could get confusing at times. I talked to my rep and he assured me they were making changes to make sure the support you get is more consistent. But honestly its a very small complaint and in no way affects the 5 star rating. If your looking for a new POS system I would strongly recommend taking a look at Tri-Technical Systems.

The customer support was great. It seemed the easiest to use. We are not a big company and this seemed to work best for us.

Tech support is a little confusing. I described below, when you call customer support you talk to a different person. That can cause an issue because each person has a different way to fix the problem you're having.

Brian

AIM Review

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall it is very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in tech support has been our go-to guy. He has been extremely helpful especially when it comes to the scheduling module. He has been willing to test issues that we have come across and implement changes to the software. I personally can't thank him enough for his patience and willingness to continue to work with us to make the scheduling module the best it can be.

We decided to go with AIM because it was an all-in-one POS system. We have retail sales, charge accounts, repair tickets, lessons scheduling and rentals/payment plans. To have all of that in one system was the most important to us. We also did not want a subscription based software. We wanted to own the product. That was a close second in importance

It can have it's issues. It takes a long time to understand how things work.

Kathy
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

One System

5,0 vorig jaar

I am able to do in one program what I used to have to do in 3 programs!!

Weekly updates - some of the weekly updates "break" other areas that were working and you may not realize it until there is an out of balance situation.

Veronica
Office & Financial Administrator in Canada

AIMsi for Consignment

2,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use the consignment, customer & inventory modules in AIMsi. Unfortunately we had to purchase the whole software package, instead of just the modules we needed (for example, we don't sell lessons but have that module anyways). This is a very complex software program. We have noticed that there are multiple steps involved for just about everything you want to do, and if it's not done in the right sequence then things can get messed up quickly - try deleting an item from inventory, you have to delete and save on one screen, then save on another screen, then delete again. This software is difficult to use for front end sales staff. The ReportWizard feature is of no help to us as it is extremely confusing to figure out how to build a report. Customer support sent us an excel spreadsheet that's supposed to help, but it's about 400 pages of formulas that we don't know anything about. We are generally dissatisfied with this software.

The consignment module works well for tracking and paying consignors (if the consignment items are received correctly).

The software is extremely complicated to use for users. It takes a lot of time to learn and skill to use/understand this software. There are too many modules and features that are no use to us.

Paul
CEO in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Why should you have to navigate between miultuple screens a 10 key strokes to do a simple cash sale

1,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When I spoke to the salesman I told him about the system I wanted to replace, and I needed to new system to be just as stream line and easy to use. He said this system was even simpler then what I was used to, BS. You shouldn't have to go line by line and actually type how many of each items you received on a purchase order, it should default as 100% fill rate and allow you to enter the back order items individually. At over $3000 I will accept I got hosed and move on.
If anyone from AIM reads this shame on you, your lucky you're not in my town because I would return it in person.
Don't buy this, it is a POS. And no I don't mean Point Of Sale.

It looks very professional It does cost a lot so you think your getting something special The service guys are helpful, but you will be paying for that

Way to complicated, generating orders through multiple screens. Multiple screens to do the simplest sales. Four different screens just to add a manufacturer/vendor Line by line entries to receive an order Unable to add line items to an order once it has been generated 3 different screens to remove a part number from the data base

Joe
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

The BEST option for almost any industry.

5,0 vorig jaar

It is very customizable. Along with automating some processes, you can have everything completed with a click or a touch

Be prepared to watch a lot of videos to learn how to set up and use AIM. You will also need to build your specific training documentation for your company.

Lauren
President in VS
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Wish I read these reviews before buying

2,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There are much better options. I wish I did my research and read these reviews. I asked for a 30-day trial of the software and they said no but were confident it would be exactly what we needed. Well it wasn't and really bad for software we never plan on using. We decided that if it was so hard to set-up correctly before we even started using it, that it would be a headache done the road. We did set-up and went for our training and passwords wouldn't work. Not even the default. They can't help us. Have to call support and reschedule training. Call support and they tell me I have premium support to use this different access number. They can't transfer me, so I have to call back. I use that different access number and just keep getting shot back to the main menu "Press 1 for Sales, Press 2 for support" At this point, myself and my team are so aggrivated that we decide it's better to go with the current systems we already have Fullslate and Paysimple. They are easy to use. Super intuitive and requires about 30-min of training for someone to learn. Fortunately, AIMsi did extend a refund for the unused license and workstation, so we were able to get back some of our money. The sales guy I worked with was super nice. None of this is his fault, it's the software's fault and my fault for not trusting my gut that you don't buy something unless it has a trial period to make sure it's the right fit for your business.

Can be set up for multiple locations Lots of back-end customizing Lots of add-ons and modules for customization

Expensive & hard to set-up Windows based, so no Mac used Can set up a server to access remotely but requires you to have multiple workstations as the software is only tides to 1 location Supposedly there is support but I couldn't get through Sales team is very active and reaches out to you a lot until you request for money back

Warren
Golf instructor in

Veritable Jack of All Trades Point of Sale application

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: With many small businesses operating more than one type of business in their store, the demand for more versatile point of sale programs increases and becomes difficult to find. Think about looking at software to purchase and realizing each software application only does a portion of what you need. Say you sell retail products, but you also want to help local artists and sell their merchandise on consignment, plus you take trade-ins, offer repair services, and you wish to maintain a customer database to let them know about future sales; How many points of sale programs are out there capable of handling all that and much more? AIMsi. I'm still looking for the iPad program or another PC-based program capable of handling it all and be completely integrated. What kind of businesses are we talking about? Retail stores, liquor stores, hobby stores, gun stores and shooting ranges, appliance stores, car washes, music stores, bike shops, golf courses, bars and restaurants, grocery and convenience stores, and the list keeps growing.

User Friendly Continually being developed and upgraded A true all in the box solution (point of sale, built in accounting program, built-in gift card program, contact management, B2B and C2B capable, and everything else a business needs to run the front, middle, and back office).

craig
owner in VS

a complete nightmare

1,0 6 jaar geleden

that's its an electronic POS software that is windows based and uses my existing computers.

not able to accommodate the needs of my industry (firearms) and is constantly having issues that can only be resolved if the customer service rep sees it happening. customer service can not make alterations to the program or system, they always have to get sent to the programmers. Programmers wont make changes and expect us to change to accommodate their system. Not the way it was sold to us, nor the way the law makes us operate.

Terrica
Library Assistant in VS
Bibliotheken, 2-10 werknemers

TFV Review

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Our experience has been good. When we have an issue or a problem, tech support is helpful in solving the issues we have.

We use the software for consignment of books. It is fairly easy to use to consign and sell.

It would be helpful to create an inventory that our customers could use to look up our inventory.

Kyle
Meubels, 2-10 werknemers

Review of AIM

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: They have been a very reliable partner is running our business.

The easy of use when in front of a customer. Helps speed up the process allowing customers save time.

Once in awhile I have some issues creating reports. Usually it is just my lack of computer skills causing the problems.

Tim
Manager in Canada
Logistiek en toeleveringsketen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

A Good Alternative

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When I arrived in the organization, AIMsi had been recently installed for a small chain of retail stores in the organization. The sales floor was able to pick it up quickly, which was the real concerns. Basic metrics became readily available to everyone, and it was an overall success. That being said, it had a few crashes, and more complicated reporting for accounting, purchasing, and maintenance needed more work to be really functional. Nonetheless, it was a good buy for the organization.

Front-line users got up to speed quickly due to a slick interface and limited administrative options/noise. This included users with limited computer skill. The point of sale functionality was great.

Higher-view reports were clunky and difficult, they needed some help to get in shape for upper management. Crossing over data between the sales floor and the other functions of the business needed a lot of learning for even advanced users.

Stacie
Accouting in VS
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers

Great Software Package that does it all!

4,0 7 jaar geleden

It's so flexible. It can do so many things. It handles every aspect of our Music Business, links to our website and is reasonably priced.

The interface is showing it's age and is cumbersome at times. It needs an upgrade and better flow in many areas.

Mathew
IT Manager in VS
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers

Amazing, flexible software that can do anything

4,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been working with TriTech and using AIMsi for years. They are a great company that packs so much into their software. It's flexible and can do anything!

the flexibility that it has to do so many functions

waiting for an update as the interface is a bit dated