Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over LearnDash

LearnDash is een LMS-plug-in voor WordPress die elke WordPress-site direct omzet in een handig leerbeheersysteem.

Meer informatie over LearnDash

92 reviews worden weergegeven

Don C.
IT Customer Service Speaker and Author
  • Beoordeeld op 4-6-2020

"I chose LearnDash for flexibility"

Opmerkingen: I've been very pleased with LearnDash. It's well-designed, well-documented, and well-supported. It scales well and I look forward to continuing to work with it well into the future.

Pluspunten: I had been using a hosted LMS, but grew frustrated with the artificial limitations imposed on me by its design. I made the decision to switch to LearnDash for the flexibility, so that I would be able to manage and present my courses in whatever way I deemed appropriate for my customers, and so that I would have full control of my content. (The hosted LMS would not let me keep my own backups!) I also wanted to have full control of the user experience.

Minpunten: There really aren't any cons, as long as you understand this is a large application with many options. The learning curve is substantial, but absolutely worth the time and effort required to master it.

• Beoordeeld op 4-6-2020
Eric Z.
Founder/CEO
  • Beoordeeld op 26-1-2020

"Awesome Support Team"

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience with LearnDash has been wonderful. It is an easy-to-use tool that is the basis of our eLearning platform

Pluspunten: - Ease of use and set-up
- Built-in functionality to present users courses in an organized way
- Compatibility with multiple plug-ins and themes
- Great value for the price

Minpunten: - Sometimes the features are a bit restricting

• Beoordeeld op 26-1-2020
Karen H.
Founder & CEO
  • Beoordeeld op 18-10-2018

"Easy to Use but Ugly User Interface"

Opmerkingen: Lately I have been thinking that because I don't use the quizzes, etc. I could have skipped the whole LMS thing and just created pages or posts that link to the next. Luckily LearnDash is not too expensive so now that it is looking nice (thanks to custom coding), I will probably just stick with it.

Pluspunten: Working with LearnDash is very easy. It works very similar to the other functions in Wordpress. You create a course, add Lessons and then Topics for each lesson. For example, the course could be about How to Be a Real Estate Investor. In that course, you might have multiple lessons like How to Flip Houses, How to But Rental Property, How to Finance Real Estate, etc. The you add the detailed Topics. For example, How to Flip Houses might have things like How to Find Greta Houses to Flip. How to Fund Your Flip House Projects, How to Manage the Rehab. You get the idea... It's literally copy and paste for text and you add graphics the same way you would to any page or post in Wordpress. Also, you can have quizzes, delay the release of certain content, offer certificates and points for completion, sell your courses, interact with users based on actions they take, set timers for each lesson, set prerequisites for courses, and offer grading and badges. You can also offer the courses in bundles and even create a marketplace similar to Udemy where people can buy your courses. It integrates natively with many membership softwares including Memberium and also with many email providers and CRMS including Infusionsoft. It;s responsive and even works with SCORMs.

Minpunten: Here's what I don't like. It's ugly. The user interface is plain and not very intuitive. You have to buy other add on's so users can do things like take notes, and so that you can begin to have an interface that looks better than native Wordpresss. In other words... ugly. With all the work they put into this software, it is so crazy that they did not spend time on the user experience. It's hard to tell if you're in a Lesson or Topic. It's hard to navigate around the course form Lesson to Less or Topic or Topic to Topic and don't even think about jumping around. The only way to solve these issues is to use precious sidebar real estate for this navigation instead of being able to showcase other offerings. That or your sidebar gets really long. The interface showing which items have been completed and which have not is also ugly. And while you can buy add ons, those are "meh" at best. I finally broke down and hired a developer to tweak the code and make me a nice interface with great navigation, awesome graphics and stats for users in each Lessona nd Topic and so on.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van LearnDash op 24-10-2018

Hi Karen, thank you for your review! Regarding the visual components in LearnDash, these are soon to be updated in LearnDash 3.0 - we think you will really like them!

• Beoordeeld op 18-10-2018
Frederique G.
Consultant
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 21-4-2020

"An excellent platform to add your own courses into your own website"

Opmerkingen: Design and communication courses, helping entrepreneurs to learn how to grow your business (through a better communication approach)

Pluspunten: Simple, easy to use, very well documentated

Minpunten: none, really don't know, found every thing I need

• Beoordeeld op 21-4-2020
Kike S.
Proyects director
  • Beoordeeld op 29-1-2020

"Very cheap to be true"

Opmerkingen: For the price, I am very satisfied, as I said, it shows that they have thought the tool very well.

Pluspunten: I bought 2 another WordPress LMS but ur system it's pretty all the e-learn community need . It have the taste of many time inverted very well to have a very impressive LMS.

Minpunten: Specially for my project: i need to have freedom to organize the quizes like topics, buy it have some restriction and put it the bottom.

• Beoordeeld op 29-1-2020
Christina J.
tailor
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 21-8-2019

"Love the support"

Opmerkingen: Untill now I am satisfied

Pluspunten: Customer service is very impotent for me, that I don't feel stupid when I ask all my questions and I am very satisfied the the help I got from support so far, I think I have got fast help even with the time difference. I have a lot to learn about LearnDash, but it seams easy to navigate in. I am not an expert but I manage.

Minpunten: I just think that the dokumentation is a bit outdated, it could be better. But again did support help me.

• Beoordeeld op 21-8-2019
Tyler K.
Verzekeringen, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-3-2020

"Hands down the best we tested and landed on"

Opmerkingen: Overall it's been excellent. We use it every day to train our users and they've loved the way it works.

Pluspunten: LearnDash has [almost] all the features needed for online courses. We use them for training courses. The course assembly, workflow, and quiz features are used on a day-to-day basis and extremely easy to manage. Extensions are available to make everything look better for the end user, and the price is not dirt cheap, but it's competitive. It's spot on for what it offers and we're extremely happy with it!

Minpunten: The only things that are lacking are able to be put in by modifying the code, which we have done. Since they're not available as features, it makes it a bit more time-consuming during updates (such as blocking courses or areas from users who aren't logged in, etc.)

• Beoordeeld op 15-3-2020
Sean H.
Sport, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-5-2020

"Smart Tool, Great Support"

Opmerkingen: I teach martial arts and fencing, and my need to get courses online was accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic. I decided on LearnDash after looking at a bunch of options; the two deciding factors were the LearndDash site that previewed the plugin using the plugin- you could see right away what it could do because you were doing it. Also, they had a useful blog post aimed at martial arts and dance teachers suddenly forced to teach online.

Pluspunten: Organizing course materials is easy and intuitive, plus the documentation is very thorough. There are comprehensive support links inside the plugin, complete with video instructions. They also have a series of very useful blog posts discussing use cases, challenges and pitfalls, and stragtegies to take. Integrates well with several other plugins (membership, payments, etc). Friendly support!

Minpunten: Honestly, I have no complaints. The only limitations are those imposed by the Wordpress engine itself, whose UI is a little clunky.

• Beoordeeld op 27-5-2020
Andreas F.
Founder Frank Academy
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-2-2020

"Feedback in a nutshell"

Pluspunten: LearnDash is a great software. What I like most is that there are a lot of updates to improve and to enhance the software. Especially I really like the fast and competent support if I have questions in regards to LearnDash. The support team does a great job and is always very friendly. I think, that is not usual nowadays in the business. So that is one point I really appreciate. I am looking forward for many years ahead of a successful business relationship.

Minpunten: So far, a minor point is that LearnDash could establish a holistic approach (what they are already doing) but to go further forward in this direction (e.g. user registration) that at the end, I only need some more plugins to get all the features I would like.

• Beoordeeld op 14-2-2020
Jonathan T.
Co-Founder
    Zonder beoordeling
    Zonder beoordeling
  • Beoordeeld op 21-3-2020

"If You REALLY Want to Self-Host on WordPress..."

Opmerkingen: I built a course on it, and then switched to a proper course product.

Pluspunten: If you *really* want to self-host your courses on WordPress, then LearnDash is pretty good. It provides a good framework for creating your lessons, units, etc.

Minpunten: Hosting your course on WordPress is not a great idea. The way WordPress works (I used to work in the WordPress hosting industry), it can't cache your site for logged in users. So, once you start getting lots of students, your site performance will suffer. There are better options out there that are made for courses - Kajabi, Teachable, Thinkific. Once you get sufficient WordPress hosting to handle a good student load, you'll be paying more than for a specialized course or membership platform.

• Beoordeeld op 21-3-2020
Assistant Vice President/Instructional Designer
  • Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018

"What a Learning Portal/LMS should be."

Opmerkingen: I used LearnDash to set up a Learning Portal at my prior organization. it allowed me to deploy content to a large user base through the portal, while also allowing me to track our content being used in their xAPI compliant LMS systems and completions of content through our Help system.

Pluspunten: Building a learning portal on WordPress is brilliant. The core features of LearnDash in creating courses is great. Good quiz engine and solid features for offering and tracking courses with clear progress indicators. But the true power of LearnDash is that it works with virtually any theme, and expands its utility with the WordPress ecosystem. Aside from solid partner plugins for coursegrids and gradebooks, there are additional tools that really give LearnDash some amazing content features like H5P and tools to embed and track content from leading eLearning tools like Articulate and Adobe. No end in sight.

Minpunten: The most challenging parts of LearnDash are managing WordPress and Plugins. The challenge of adding more and more features with plugins is the administrative maintenance it requires. Users just need to be very clear that unlike using a vendor LMS that you just upload content, they must be prepared to get "under the hood" to maintain the system. This is common with professional WordPress Administration, but learning professionals who just used an LMS may not be clear on the fact that this does require some web administration skills.

• Beoordeeld op 3-4-2018
Jesus P.
CEO/President
  • Beoordeeld op 11-4-2018

"After months of testing Saas and WordPress LMS plugins, LearnDash came out on top."

Opmerkingen: This software is helping us simplify and streamline our ability to deliver online training to students at an affordable cost.

Pluspunten: We needed many features that were hard to find in SaaS based LMS solutions and WP plugins. Here's a list of features that pushed us towards LearnDash because it worked with our stack or is helping us upgrade it: 1. Integration with Zapier (allows communication with our Podio CRM hub)
2. Integration with any Shopping cart with One-Click Upsells. We will be migrating to SamCart after 6 years with Nanacast.
3. Ability to "Recycle" LMS content. (i.e. use one lecture in multiple classes)
4. Progress % for classes so students can see their progress.
5. Forum integration for class discussions. We chose BBPress and it works perfectly with it.
6. ActiveCampaign integration for email management.
LearnDash included all these features and they work. This was the *only* solution I found after months of testing WP plugins and Saas platforms that met our requirements. So far, setup has gone smooth and updates have not broken anything.

Minpunten: My biggest con is that this is a WP plugin and I'm hesitant to run mission critical software on WordPress. But since all the SaaS LMS' solutions were missing critical features, I decided to give this a shot. In order to gain some peace of mind and find a middle of sorts, I decided to go the extremely safe route with hosting and chose Kinsta since they use the Google Cloud and their pricing structure is reasonable. Plus, having a "staging area" is nice along with their daily backups, crazy speed and Nginx reverse proxy caching.

• Beoordeeld op 11-4-2018
Rose R.
President, Instructional Designer
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 13-2-2019

"Very grateful to rep , who has delivered exceptional support, by far the best help desk service!"

Opmerkingen: Overall quality of finished workshops is superb, and students express enthusiasm. Originally my designer warned me, "This system is hard to learn, but you'll be pleased with the results. That's true. I do want to give a shout-out to the support team. Rep has given me exceptional tech support, and I can't imagine a more helpful, knowledgeable, kindly guide to the mysteries and complications of LearnDash.

Pluspunten: The finished product. My workshops have exactly the components I wish: As many lessons per course as I wish, installing video and audio recordings, quizzes, and forums. Once I learned how to use the software, it leads to a superb product.

Minpunten: Over-designed! On the whole, from my perspective, LearnDash is difficult to learn; an upgrade has resulted in far too many choices. For example, used to be that I could easily upload a FILL IN THE BLANKS quiz. Learning the new method, with upgrade, was far more difficult. Each question takes about 6 extra steps, compared to one step previously. As an educator, I do find it offensive that it's supposed to be desirable to copy quiz parts and, apparently, crank out as many quizzes as possible. Why not make that a plug-in, rather than standard operating procedure for those of us who create quality workshops and prefer to not over-complicate.

• Beoordeeld op 13-2-2019
Luis A.
Most Hats 'For Now :)'
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-6-2019

"Fantastic Front End Design"

Opmerkingen: We have a small CellPhone repair shop in Anaheim, CA. But over the years technicians around the world have been watching our youtube channel, to the point that now we teach MicroSoldering online to all our students. LearnDash is helping us with the heavy lifting of putting it together and presenting all the materials to our students on a secuencial matter, pretty awasome piece of software.

Pluspunten: Easy to setup, able to re-use different lessons for different courses.
Good constant flow of information and ideas trough their blog.
Fast customer support response.

Minpunten: Not able to create the lessons titles inside the course creation. In my case, I use (Course-Modules-Lessons), I can create the Modules inside the course creation, but the lessons I have to go to lessons and create them outside. (Not a mayor hassle) but would it be very convinient to be able to create them inside the course, only the titles that is. Also, not being able to 'Clone' an existing course with it's modules, lessons and quizes, but with a bit or looking I was able to find a couple of plugins that did the trick.

• Beoordeeld op 5-6-2019
Andy S.
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 13-5-2019

"Brilliant product, great support, loads of plugins"

Opmerkingen: I installed Learndash to host and sell online learning videos. I run face to face training mainly and the online courses support that. It has worked well for me and I have been selling courses also for a few months. I have a feedback from at the end of my course and one of the questions is 'how easy is the website and course to navigate?'. 19 people completed the questionnaire last month (the first month), about 20% of users and they 18 scored it 5/5 and 1 4/5. So that says to me that the Learndash user journey and experience is really good. So overall I am really pleased and to be honest its amazing that such tech is available at such a good price.

Pluspunten: It is just great value for money - what you get even as standard is really good. Loads of free plugins which are great. And I really like Notes and Private Sessions paid plugins. The support is also very good and genuinely helpful

Minpunten: The only tricky part was working out the plugins needed for user registration, but there is an excellent guide on line. Like with all Wordpress tech theres always a few different options and it takes a while to figure out what is best for you.

• Beoordeeld op 13-5-2019
Rick P.
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-3-2019

"Highly recommended LMS plugin for WordPress"

Opmerkingen: I discovered how easy it was to create online courses. LearnDash has allowed me to expand my client base.

Pluspunten: I'm a WordPress implementer. A couple years ago I was approached by a client who wanted to develop an online course for non-native English speakers to study for their certifications. I'd never developed online courses before so I had to do A LOT of research. For that project, I decided on LifterLMS and I still do most of my online course development with Lifter. I'll go into why in that review, obviously. But LearnDash has certainly come very close to feature parity with Lifter. There are only a few differences in terms of functionality. Lifter's add-on system can be confusing to explain to a client whereas LearnDash is easy to sell. There are some specialized features for teams that are only available on Lifter, however. The smart course creation tool is very very good. If you're worried about how to build a complex course with video and text, don't be. LearnDash makes it easy. But LearnDash IS multisite compatible and Astra Pro, a popular WP theme, provides built-in support. Another bonus is that LearnDash has a free version to get your feet wet, available on the repo.

Minpunten: There's no support for multiple teachers per course. Lifter's frontend student dashboards are nicer.

• Beoordeeld op 12-3-2019
Elliott B.
Senior Web Developer
Marketing en reclame, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-10-2018

"Not quite there yet"

Opmerkingen: We have been multiple Moodle learning systems and wanted to try this since it seemed easier to setup and use. It was easier, but ultimately took more time because of all the limitations in the system which we had to customize. Many features which are free in Moodle require paid plugins for Learndash and that was frustrating. The structure of the courses is not very intuitive and we had to make a lot of accommodations to work within the confines of the system.

Pluspunten: It works with Wordpress so has a familiar layout to those familiar with Wordpress. Visually it looks good to the end user. Open source, so it was fairly easy to modify for our needs.

Minpunten: Seems limited when compared to Moodle and this is more expensive. The structure of the courses is pretty limited, for example you can't require only certain activities to be completed in order for a course to be marked completed, all sub-sections are required for completion. The navigation through the courses/lessons/topics could be improved. There are a lot of clicks to get to the course content and it can be frustrating trying to setup a course where the user can easily progress through from beginning to end. Often we found the user would complete a topic/lesson/quiz and there wasn't a clear path forward for them. We had to make some core customization to make this more user friendly.

• Beoordeeld op 24-10-2018
David P.
Expert Community Lead
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-11-2019

"LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy"

Opmerkingen: LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy, and we use it to create helpful trainings for our 500+ developer community. In the past we would provide training and resources via a private forum or Google docs. But we didn't know how many users were consuming the information. Now we have full visibility on who has taken a course, how much of it has been completed, and what grades they received on the quizzes. As we continue to add more courses, we see LearnDash playing an integral part in the Codeable Academy, and we're proud to be using it.

Pluspunten: What I like most about LearnDash is the ease of use to implement and setup courses. The training videos that are included inside the plugin made learning to use it and build the courses simple. The plugin itself works perfectly, and we didn't have any issues building our courses. Our users (500+ developers) have had no issues when taking the courses and everything works like a charm.

Minpunten: No complaints at all so far! When using an LMS plugin, you just want it to work without hassles or needing to contact support. And LearnDash provided a great experience start-to-finish.

• Beoordeeld op 13-11-2019
Jeremy K.
Design en ontwerp
  • Beoordeeld op 9-3-2018

"A premier option for LMS development. Has all of the features you would expect."

Pluspunten: What is not to like about this? Multi-tier courses, classes, teacher interaction, and a handful of gateways to round out this system. There are really too many features to list, and most of them are rounded really nicely. Customer support is quick and easy to work with, the cost isn't prohibitive as this LMS supports creating large projects, and the features feel like fully-realized and integrated aspects of a complete software, not just bolted on options on a lesser-thought-out plugin.

Minpunten: We ran into a compatibility issue with our event software. It ended up breaking the software, and we had to axe the event system we had put in place because we wanted to use this LMS over others. We also ran into a problem where we couldn't create a class online to register with, and then host the classes offline, manually entering a grade and pass/fail for in-person testing very well. Our specific use-case ended up being the one that this software couldn't handle.

• Beoordeeld op 9-3-2018
Dean S.
Creative Strategist
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-12-2018

"Woocommerce and Product Feature not compatible."

Opmerkingen: Unfortunately you must make an early decision if you wish to use the features of Learndash or create a profitable product. While LearnDash goes to great lengths to showcase their features. Once you attempt to use these outside of their limited sales pathway many will no longer be available to you. Using the features and scalable processes of woocommerce will remove many features that make Learndash at first glimpse and during superficial reviews attractive. Any experienced UX designers will understand that this is a huge issue. Any user will be disappointed if they can purchase a product not available to them. In many countries selling a customer a product not available to them is illegal and will expose you to legal issues. Very limiting for those wishing to make their product available or sale. Purchase with care. Not as seamless presented throughout the presales marketing.

Pluspunten: Suitable for small, internal, and experimental projects. Lacks the sophistication to create a large, scalable, and sellable products.

Minpunten: Unfortunately while it is possible to sell courses through woocommerce, doing so will remove the listed features of the learndash product. Most businesses will end up selling through woocommerce to unlock automations and the power of wordpress (ie adding customers to mailchimp, adding the sale to accounting software, directing a customer post sales path etc). Unfortunately once you make a product available for sale through woocommerce many of the listed product features fail. Most notably the course prerequisite feature. Users can purchase any course available in woocommerce regardless of any restriction or settings made in Learndash.

Antwoord van de leverancier

van LearnDash op 13-12-2018

We are really sorry that our product didn't meet the specific needs of your unique use-case. We hope that you have found a solution that works for you.

We wanted to address a couple points from this review since it contains misleading information that might confuse others:

- Course prerequisites still work when selling with WooCommerce. Content cannot be viewed until all of the determined conditions are first met.

-Using WooCommerce to sell courses doesn't expose a business to legal issues. If it is preferred that a product in Woo not be displayed until a prerequisite is completed first then this is indeed possible using LearnDash features.

• Beoordeeld op 4-12-2018
Ahmed M.
Lead developer
  • Beoordeeld op 2-6-2018

"A very good WordPress LMS"

Pluspunten: I used LearnDash for WordPress for a few years now. It's well developed, feature rich, and stable plugin that integrates well with any theme. In LD you have a hierarchy of Courses->Lessons->Topics which can be utilized to develop easy to navigate courses. Quizzes are also a good feature. I18n is also great, they provide .pot files to translate to your own language if translation is not readily provided

Minpunten: Pricing model is quite awkward. I can't really find a good enough use case for a 1-site licenses vs pro 5-site license, unless I'm a developer/service provider

• Beoordeeld op 2-6-2018
Course Building Technologist and Business Coach on the Education Team
E-learning, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-3-2019

"We switched to Learndash, and as a developer, I LOVE IT."

Opmerkingen: The two best WordPress LMS plugins are LearnDash and LifterLMS. It was a hard choice between the two. But we chose Learndash because of their easy-to-use API. The major thing missing from LearnDash is that it still does require a developer (or a experienced Wordpress user) to set up. There's no easy way to plug-and-play. I wouldn't be able to hand this off to a Wordpress novice.

Pluspunten: LearnDash has plenty of APIs to do all sorts of fancy things. For other LMSes, I had to write a lot of custom code to do what LearnDash does right out of the box. I also love how flexible LearnDash is. There's a lot of plugins that work alongside LearnDash.

Minpunten: There is a learning curve to setting it up. There's a lot of options. I also wish that Learndash does user management in a much more streamline way. Right now, you have to modify every user individually, or build a script to manage users. I also couldn't figure out how to use their ProPanel software.

• Beoordeeld op 20-3-2019
Serko S.
Director of Operations
Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-6-2019

"LearnDash - It's a no brainer!"

Pluspunten: Ease of use, scalability, customizability, support and customer service CAN'T be beaten!

Minpunten: There's a slight learning curve. Nothing too overwhelming!

• Beoordeeld op 14-6-2019
EdTech
  • Beoordeeld op 11-5-2019

"The best online teaching platform"

Opmerkingen: It’s the best online teaching platform.

Pluspunten: We tried Thinkific and Teachable before we started using LearDash. Nothing compares to LearnDash. If you want to control your content and user experience, LearnDash is the best option.
LearnDash allows you to decide how to present your courses, how to sell it and promote it. It integrates with WooCommerce and plenty of other plugins.
Customer support is responding very fast.

Minpunten: Reporting tools could be better, now we are using a different plugin.

• Beoordeeld op 11-5-2019
Simon S.
  • Beoordeeld op 19-2-2020

"Lerndash is the Perfect E-Learning Platform"

Opmerkingen: Learndash is a creative and fun to platform to work with.

Pluspunten: Simplicity, functionality and loads of avaliable plugins to add feature

Minpunten: Not that I dislike it but it is difficult in beginning to know whicht theme and server provider to choose and why it is so important to make the right choice.
Would like to have even more recomendation from Learndash regarding this.

• Beoordeeld op 19-2-2020