Over LearnDash

LearnDash is een LMS-plug-in voor WordPress die elke WordPress-site direct omzet in een handig leerbeheersysteem.

Meer informatie over LearnDash

It has an overall extremely complicated URL structure, which makes SEO hard to achieve. And there is no option to make it shorter.

Beoordelingen van LearnDash

Waar voor je geld

LearnDash heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 238 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je LearnDash eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (238)

Aimee
Aimee
Alternatieve geneeskunde, 2-10 werknemers

User Experience is Dated, Not worth time investment

3,0 2 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Miguel
Miguel
Desarrollo de nuevos negocios in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

WordPress great LMS

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My experience with LearnDash has been great, the product is solid and the support has been always great.

In groups, you can accommodate users in a group and then add courses to that group, this will make every user start the course exactly at the same moment, so helpful for drip content. Drip content, LD can send emails depending on the user's actions, lesson availability, or quiz results.

Not a strong report system. Not a strong discussion system between tutors and students (you need 3rd party for that). Lack of notes-taking module (you need 3rd party for that).

Dianne
Artist-Teacher in VS

My Take on LearnDash

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Because of issues we've had that were solved by tech support Dan, we haven't yet done an official launch although our plan is to launch on July 3. I would say that my overall experience has been a mixture of frustration and joy. It took me a while to learn how to navigate the builder, needing to navigate out of the course section to design the lessons and out of lessons to design topics, but once I worked that out, it's a breeze.
I feel I will know better what real benefits LearnDash has when my students actually start using it.

It's course builder and the ability to clone courses

I had to begin learning LearnDash from scratch, while at the same time learning Elimentor and CartFlows. There was a steep learning curve for me. I began when LearnDash 3 was the latest version, and I found it confusing when viewing older tutorials, not realizing I needed to pay attention to when the tutorial was done. I suggest deleting older tutorials. Also, I don't like to call names but I tried to watch several of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]'s webinars and I found them more confusing than helpful. However, I found [SENSITIVE CONTENT]'s tutorials always clear, concise and helpful.[SENSITIVE CONTENT]s instruction about constructing a certificate was the best I found.

Laura
Elearning Assistant in Spanje
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

Good for very basic settings

2,0 vorige maand Nieuw

It can be used smoothly on a Wordpress website

there is no database connected to the user database on Wordpress so there is no way of getting a proper reporting

Adrien
President in Estland

LearnDash: inexpensive and efficient Learning Management System

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Realiable as it can handle (very) large number of users.
As it is a piece of software that offers many, many possibilites, there's a learning curve. But the customer support department has proven to be amazing to answer all our questions and needs.

LearnDash makes it possible for our members to learn English more easily thanks to quizzes and interactive lessons and learning paths (progress tracking, personalized corrections, asynchronous learning and so on).

It takes a bit of time to understand how LearnDash works but the learning curve is not too steep as the customer support department is really, really good! Beware that LearnDash can be super ressource-intensive if you have many members and/on many concurrent users on your membership site.

Founder in VS
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers

Excellent product - terrible support

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The Good :
+ Excellent functionality for authoring courses with all expected media types supported
+ Excellent functionality & UX for users taking courses
+ Full-featured for those starting with a blank slate
+ Mobile responsive (with our theme)
The Bad:
- Very hard to integrate with existing customized website (theme, plugins, etc)
- GravityForms integration virtually useless
- Unable to drive course access or pricing based on WP user role
- Apparently no hooks allowing implementer to modify their course enrollment process.
The Ugly
- HORRIBLE SUPPORT!

The features/functions of this product are top notch. Particularly if you are building a new eLearning site and are willing to use their theme and their UX OOB, this is very easy to implement and has great features.

The support experience has been horrendous! My task has been to integrate this LMS into an existing website which is very complex and sophisticated, without turning the existing UX on its head. The Support organization has been utterly useless either re-directing me to other plugins or mis-directing me with information that was simply wrong. The GravityForms integration is so poorly conceived as to be useless for my needs, and Support cannot provide any developer-level assistance at all. I've tried everything to get through to them - even contacting the CEO via LinkedIn - with no success. I'm now on the verge of demanding they cancel my license and refund the fee.

Casey
ceo in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Awesome Tool

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Complete package, well designed and easy to use for a complicated need.

Initial integration was time-consuming, wished it has better features or a tie-in plugin for user management since WordPress user management is poor. Learn press had compatibility issues with WP User Manager (learn dash restoration process was broken with using wp user manager wouldn't create user password on registration) which left me having to do a lot more work to build a user management process

Chief Evangelist in India
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Best LMS Solution for Wordpress

5,0 7 maanden geleden

The ease of setup and effective end-user adoption. Apart from that it has almost every aspect of LMS covered using its feature rich add-ons.

I would say the premium price is the only con here if you compare this with something like Learnpress or Moodle.

Vaughan
Admin in Canada
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Clean install and easy to use

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Had a problem with my license install and they fixed in within a couple hours. I was impressed with the speed of response.

It has lots of features/add-ons available, there was a live demo that you could test and view before purchase, no issues with conflicting plug-ins on the demo, lots of video documentation to show you how to use the software.

I'm still just learning how to use it but it could have nicer templates maybe out of the gate for a quicker course start.

Txomin
Txomin
Dueño in Spanje
Professionele training en coaching, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Seguramente el mejor plugin para crear tu pagina web con cursos y membresias

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Gracias a learndash consigo tener mi propia escuela o tienda de cursos onine, dentro de mi WordPress, pero sin necesidad de mezclar contenidos del blog u otros contenidos etc. es como una escuela de cursos, pero dentro de wordpress por separado.

Prácticamente, lo tiene todo, pero en mi caso he de decir que uso learndash para tener mi propia plataforma de cursos a la venta y bajo subscripción. No concibo mi página web sin este plugin.

Realmente no tiene nada malo, es muy completo y eso que yo solo uso las funcionalidades más básicas, y con esas me sobra, pero si quieres y usando todas sus funciones podrás hacer lo que quieras en cuando a plataformas de aprendizaje, etc.

Reponsable de Marketing Onlinr in Spanje
Cosmetica, 51-200 werknemers

Un buen Plugin para academias

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Cree para terceras personas academias online con plataforma learndash

Es una buena herramienta para crear cursos y exámenes online para una academia online

No me gusta que no tenga importación masiva de test de exámenes ( si hay plugins externos que lo permiten) además no permite la puntuación negativa de en los exámenes si fallas preguntas

Will
Owner in VS

LMS Management for Online E-Learning Course Catalog

5,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, LearnDash has made managing a large catalog of content (50 + courses) very easy. I can quickly add courses, and the quality looks great. The features I get with video lessons, feel like custom developement and something I paid ALOT of money for, but they are included for free.

Learndash is incredible easy to get up and running. I loved how easy it is to create courses, add lessons and quickly get a catalog of content up and running. I was transferring courses from pages and posts that I had manually created, and moving to LearnDash allows me to move and work so much faster, plus it's alot easier for students to navigate. All of my content is videobased and their video progression features and integrations with Vimeo are amazing. The ability to remember your location in a video so that when you come back to it, it's there waiting for you-is a feature that feels like it should cost, much, much more.

Initially I had purchased LearnDash and asked for my money back, because I felt like it was too focused on being a solution for higher ed. I didn't need certificates, or quizzes, or homework uploads, just the ability for students to watch video lessons. But.. after digging in the second time, I realized I don't have to use all of those things. While there are alot of features, I don't have to use those.

USMAN ZAFAR
USMAN ZAFAR
Lecturer Mathematics in Pakistan
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Best LMS plugin for online courses website/platform

5,0 vorig jaar

LearnDash is the best LMS plugin for WordPress. We are using this plugin since 2018 and it's a top tier LMS plugin to build an online courses website. One can easily intergrate learndash LMS plugin and offer online courses or trainings. There's also an opportunity to offer paid courses and collect payments using PayPal, stripe etc. LearnDash plugin has a lot of built-in features 1. Drag and drop course builder 2. Advanced quizzes 3. Dynamic content delivery 4. Flexible prerequisites 5. Automated notifications 6. Badges and certificates 7. Discussion forums 8. Course points 9. Leaderboard 10. Assignments We are using for our college and during corona it's best deal that we are using learndash plugin. There are nearly 20 courses on our site, lot of advanced quizzes (5 types pf quizzes offered by learndash plugin), classwise leaderboards in which we can show leaderboards easily on any page using shortcodes. We are also offering badges and certificates on course completion and the best thing is certificate builder is a builtin functionality in learndash plugin, you can easily collect assignments and mark easily by advanced features. LearnDash LMS is also a best tool to offer trainings for your staff, teachers and team members. One can easily earn by teaching skills and by selling courses on the website. Our college is also offering services for others and we are building course websites for other schools and colleges and the good thing is they are very happy with learndash LMS.

Learndash LMS is the best WordPress plugin and we are not facing any problem yet. Only the thing is the plugin price is a little high. I suggest learndash to announce special packages for the students and teachers as it's not easy for students and teachers to manage such amount. I believe in front of learndash features current price is nothing but I still suggest learndash officials to announce special packages for students and teachers. We are a lot happy with it and not facing any problem yet. It's fast and secure. Thanks learndash team.

Nano
Class Coordinator in VS
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

E-learning Test Prep Perspective

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So far it has been pretty good. Setting it up was just what i expected - lots of youtube videos and trial and error. But when you get the hang of it building courses and everything is fun and smooth. Support has been great.

- Course creation is intuitive. - User friendly. - Layout of course is practical. - Documentation is handy along with "how to...in LearnDash" youtube videos. - It is a right level of simple. Not to the point where it is too simple where you don't feel like it delivers value to the students and not to advanced where it is too difficult for students to use. - Support is helpful.

- I think you should have the option to mark anything complete. - Add more options to the outline of course. As of now there is only Course, Topics, and Quizzes. It would be handy if you could add homework Assignments and Handouts. Within these Assignments and or Handouts there is checklist that students could follow to check progress of there homework completion. After the checklist is completed only then would the overall progress bar change. - You should be able to save quiz progress. Some quizzes we have are 100 questions and act more as homework (so students do not finish them in one go). - There should be better quiz reporting. Being able to evaluate your own quiz (and even homework) performance effectively is the difference between succeeding and failing. If students could get detailed breakdowns to their performance they could recognize patterns, identify strengths and weaknesses, and ultimately better aim their study efforts. If reporting was to be better it also needs to be intuitive and user friendly. So easy to read graphs and charts, filter options, careful organization of subjects versus performance, and so on. - aesthetics of login pop-up page should have more customization options. - With the pandemic and current era we live in the Zoom feature/ integration should come with product.

Don
Don
IT Customer Service Speaker and Author in VS

I chose LearnDash for flexibility

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been very pleased with LearnDash. It's well-designed, well-documented, and well-supported. It scales well and I look forward to continuing to work with it well into the future.

I had been using a hosted LMS, but grew frustrated with the artificial limitations imposed on me by its design. I made the decision to switch to LearnDash for the flexibility, so that I would be able to manage and present my courses in whatever way I deemed appropriate for my customers, and so that I would have full control of my content. (The hosted LMS would not let me keep my own backups!) I also wanted to have full control of the user experience.

There really aren't any cons, as long as you understand this is a large application with many options. The learning curve is substantial, but absolutely worth the time and effort required to master it.

Levi
Levi
CIO in VS
Human Resources, 11-50 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

All the basics covered with a great interface

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So far, there hasn't been anything missing from LearnDash. We were able to launch our online learning program in just a few days. The learning curve was easy to overcome and we were able to get all of our content online with no problems. Each time we were stuck on something the documentation was able to steer us to the right answer and the one time we needed to reach out to support, their response was quick and helpful.

We purchased LearnDash to integrate with MemberPress. Because of this, we do not use any of the payment, membership, or subscription functions in LearnDash. We use it exclusively to present courses, record quiz scores, and provide certificates. For those tasks, LearnDash is the perfect tool. The tools to build your content are drag and drop simple and the management tools are easy to understand. Integration with WordPress core functions and with the MemberPress system are flawless and we never had to tinker with them. Just installed the LearnDash plugin and got to work. A highlight was the "Focus Mode" feature for the actual learning environment. It provided a clean, good looking interface for our students and took exactly zero time to tweak. We just flipped the switch and had a great looking online classroom tool. If we want to hire designers later to build us pages that are more branded, we can. But Focus Mode allowed us to launch faster, with a better looking product, for no additional cost.

Student reporting is adequate, but a little unimpressive. There are reports that can be downloaded, but there is no real dashboard to track student progress.

Assistant Vice President/Instructional Designer in VS

What a Learning Portal/LMS should be.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I used LearnDash to set up a Learning Portal at my prior organization. it allowed me to deploy content to a large user base through the portal, while also allowing me to track our content being used in their xAPI compliant LMS systems and completions of content through our Help system.

Building a learning portal on WordPress is brilliant. The core features of LearnDash in creating courses is great. Good quiz engine and solid features for offering and tracking courses with clear progress indicators. But the true power of LearnDash is that it works with virtually any theme, and expands its utility with the WordPress ecosystem. Aside from solid partner plugins for coursegrids and gradebooks, there are additional tools that really give LearnDash some amazing content features like H5P and tools to embed and track content from leading eLearning tools like Articulate and Adobe. No end in sight.

The most challenging parts of LearnDash are managing WordPress and Plugins. The challenge of adding more and more features with plugins is the administrative maintenance it requires. Users just need to be very clear that unlike using a vendor LMS that you just upload content, they must be prepared to get "under the hood" to maintain the system. This is common with professional WordPress Administration, but learning professionals who just used an LMS may not be clear on the fact that this does require some web administration skills.

Jesus
Jesus
CEO/President in VS

After months of testing Saas and WordPress LMS plugins, LearnDash came out on top.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This software is helping us simplify and streamline our ability to deliver online training to students at an affordable cost.

We needed many features that were hard to find in SaaS based LMS solutions and WP plugins. Here's a list of features that pushed us towards LearnDash because it worked with our stack or is helping us upgrade it: 1. Integration with Zapier (allows communication with our Podio CRM hub) 2. Integration with any Shopping cart with One-Click Upsells. We will be migrating to SamCart after 6 years with Nanacast. 3. Ability to "Recycle" LMS content. (i.e. use one lecture in multiple classes) 4. Progress % for classes so students can see their progress. 5. Forum integration for class discussions. We chose BBPress and it works perfectly with it. 6. ActiveCampaign integration for email management. LearnDash included all these features and they work. This was the *only* solution I found after months of testing WP plugins and Saas platforms that met our requirements. So far, setup has gone smooth and updates have not broken anything.

My biggest con is that this is a WP plugin and I'm hesitant to run mission critical software on WordPress. But since all the SaaS LMS' solutions were missing critical features, I decided to give this a shot. In order to gain some peace of mind and find a middle of sorts, I decided to go the extremely safe route with hosting and chose Kinsta since they use the Google Cloud and their pricing structure is reasonable. Plus, having a "staging area" is nice along with their daily backups, crazy speed and Nginx reverse proxy caching.

Ederson
CEO in Dominicaanse Republiek
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Excellent platform for online course

4,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, LearnDash is one of the best online course platforms I've seen. It has all the options that an academy, university, institute, school may need to give their Online courses. I don't think there is another more complete option to give online courses.

If you need to create a website that allow you to teach people, then LearnDash is the best solution. I found LearnDash and liked how it had all the features that I needed in order to make this happen. The support team was always there to help me figure out anything I didn't understand, which is why they are so valuable. It's one of the best and most affordable online learning platforms I have ever come across. I am able to create courses, upload videos, assign quizzes, and keep track of the progress in a single dashboard. Something very important about this platform is that it allows students to learn at their own pace.

What LearnDash needs to improve is its design of the courses, the part that the student sees, in my case I have to use other templates to improve the visualization. Something that I don't know because they haven't implemented is an APP to be able to take the courses from the cell phone.

Philip
Philip
Founder in Duitsland
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

The best platform I know - but far from perfect

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is pretty good. Support helped me a lot in the past, though they seem to be not as caring anymore as they once have been. The product is very solid and serves basically all needs one can imagine. I tried some LMS systems, I liked LearnDash the most. Thus, I definitely can recommend the Plugin. :)

LearnDash is powerful for course creation from A to Z. The course creation possibilities are huge. Everything is flexible, but not too flexible. They are veeeery well integrated with plenty of tools out there. This is very important. They play especially well with BuddyBoss. Thus, I can recommend using both together. BuddyBoss improves the ok design of LearnDash to a brilliant maximum! I like it a lot, and I am happy to be a long-term LearnDash customer.

Social learning, interactive learning, and mobile experience are not brilliant. I hope to see improvements in these areas. The mobile experience got improved during the last few months, but social learning and interactive learning are still not enough built-in. They offer h5p integration, which is good, but a native solution would be better. Social learning is basically nonexistent. The only way is to encourage comments on the course page, but that's it.

Robert
Web Designer in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Overwogen alternatieven:

The most flexible online LMS platform for small to mid-size schools, organizations, and businesses

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: LearnDash has been a very helpful tool for many of my clients, whether it was small colleges looking to take courses online, teaching organizations providing Continuing Education Credits, or individual experts looking to take their classes online.

Because it's based on WordPress, LearnDash not only comes with a lot of customization settings out of the box but plugs into a huge community of themes and plugins that can take your design and functionality practically any conceivable direction!

Some third-party developers created low-cost add-ons that didn't provide as reliable of a codebase as the core LearnDash software. Stick with reputable developers for third-party add-ons such as those mentioned on their website.

Rose
President, Instructional Designer in VS
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Very grateful to rep , who has delivered exceptional support, by far the best help desk service!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall quality of finished workshops is superb, and students express enthusiasm. Originally my designer warned me, "This system is hard to learn, but you'll be pleased with the results. That's true. I do want to give a shout-out to the support team. Rep has given me exceptional tech support, and I can't imagine a more helpful, knowledgeable, kindly guide to the mysteries and complications of LearnDash.

The finished product. My workshops have exactly the components I wish: As many lessons per course as I wish, installing video and audio recordings, quizzes, and forums. Once I learned how to use the software, it leads to a superb product.

Over-designed! On the whole, from my perspective, LearnDash is difficult to learn; an upgrade has resulted in far too many choices. For example, used to be that I could easily upload a FILL IN THE BLANKS quiz. Learning the new method, with upgrade, was far more difficult. Each question takes about 6 extra steps, compared to one step previously. As an educator, I do find it offensive that it's supposed to be desirable to copy quiz parts and, apparently, crank out as many quizzes as possible. Why not make that a plug-in, rather than standard operating procedure for those of us who create quality workshops and prefer to not over-complicate.

Carlos
Director of Training in VS
Restaurants, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

LearnDash let you build a great e-learning structure

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The Learndash team is on it. Once you create a ticket for any question or concern, they will response quick fast, efficient and direct you to the right path with clear instructions. GREAT SUPPORT TEAM!!!!

It offers deep functionality that lets us build and customized courses for the management team. Very well structured and run smooth.

Nothing about the functionality of the software , but the integration of third- party plugins to some important functionalities that should have like a robust reporting, a student (user) portal page and a gamification structure.

Surya
Surya
Director & CEO in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Best LMS for WordPress!

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My favorite feature is that I can self-host LearnDash on my website, which allows me to use my own URL and save money. It also allows me to select whatever theme builder to use with it, giving me complete control over how my landing and other associated pages appear with no scripting.

Lessons and courses can be easily created and managed using LearnDash. The best aspect is that it can be completely integrated with the current WordPress site. They also have nice documentation to help you through it. You may even customize them with your preferred page builder, such as Elementor.

Enrolling several students in a course is difficult, and I have yet to discover a LearnDash plugin that does it properly. Some areas might be difficult to customize the way you desire.

Luis
Most Hats 'For Now :)' in VS
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 2-10 werknemers

Fantastic Front End Design

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have a small CellPhone repair shop in Anaheim, CA. But over the years technicians around the world have been watching our youtube channel, to the point that now we teach MicroSoldering online to all our students. LearnDash is helping us with the heavy lifting of putting it together and presenting all the materials to our students on a secuencial matter, pretty awasome piece of software.

Easy to setup, able to re-use different lessons for different courses. Good constant flow of information and ideas trough their blog. Fast customer support response.

Not able to create the lessons titles inside the course creation. In my case, I use (Course-Modules-Lessons), I can create the Modules inside the course creation, but the lessons I have to go to lessons and create them outside. (Not a mayor hassle) but would it be very convinient to be able to create them inside the course, only the titles that is. Also, not being able to 'Clone' an existing course with it's modules, lessons and quizes, but with a bit or looking I was able to find a couple of plugins that did the trick.

Aaron
Aaron
Owner in VS
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

LearnDash really offers a lot for the cost - well worth every cent!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We've used and extended LearnDash for about a dozen different client sites (I'm a web developer) - it's easy to set up and our easy to show our clients how to use it. When we've needed to, we've extended the plugin with the Uncanny Owl plugin, some of the other plugins, or through custom code.

LearnDash is easy to set up and works well with WordPress. I've been using LearnDash for over 4 years and each version gets better, with more options and power. It is the best way to offer online courses, either paid or free and we've set it up with grading or certification for several websites. LearnDash has a lot of features including courses, lessons, quizzes, and more. Also there's additional plugins to help extend it further or if you're a PHP programmer, you can extend it even further. It costs but it really is a premium plugin and they do have great support.

There is definitely a learning curve the first time you use it but it's all laid out logically and you'll figure it out in no time. Quizzes can take a while to set up but straightforward. There's a few things that are buried in the settings that can be gotchas but overall a really solid product.