Kareo Billing reviews

Over Kareo Billing

De vertrouwde, bewezen factureringstechnologie voor onafhankelijke praktijken. Vereenvoudig je medische facturering en hou de controle over je praktijk.

Meer informatie over Kareo Billing

It Is user friendly and the Support is awesome.

He was is such a rush to meet his deadlines that he ran through the information at lightening speed and was very annoyed at my questions.

Beoordelingen van Kareo Billing

3,9
3,9
Waar voor je geld
3,7

Kareo Billing heeft een totaalscore van 4,0 van 5 sterren op basis van 605 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Kareo Billing eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (605)

Teegan
Teegan
Owner in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Great EHR with room for improvement for natural healthcare providers

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Using Kareo has been a overall great experience. It does almost everything we want it to do well, and the few things it needs to improve it at least allows you to do partially.

I love the layout of Kareo. The dashboard is great and offers a lot of functionality while still looking clean and professional. The clinical portion is great as it shows all the sections of the note on one page. The ability to add and remove sections is also very useful. The interaction checker is nice, but needs improvement. The iPad app is really slick and I preferring using it when adjusting my patients (Chiropractor), as it allows me to quickly tap on each segment I'm adjusting from a list.

There is very little support for natural products/supplements in Kareo. You CAN make it work, but it's definitely not easy - requiring manually entering every single product you wish to recommend in the "Drug Favorites" section.

Tracy
Owner in VS

Kareo has great reporting

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Kareo has been an improvement from our previous software. I appreciate that the cost each month has been predictable and fair.

The reporting capabilities and customization of reporting is the most valuable feature to us. We are able to give our clients a more comprehensive view of the financial health of their practice. Contract management reports and analysis reports help us to give suggestions and analyze the data coming in so that providers and practice managers can see how claims are processing and where the money is coming from and going to.

The ERA enrollment process has been a nightmare. I feel like this process was not adequately described to us, and it has been dramatically more time consuming and labor-intensive than we thought it would be. Customer support has been inconsistent. In some circumstances, the representatives have been very helpful, but in others, they have been disconnected and unable to adequately resolve issues.

Alexandra
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers

Good for Small Practice

4,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It has been a mixed bag. I like the software but the support is terrible and the sales team will try to sell anyone the moon and the stars despite this not being the software for every practice.

Kareo is a great option for small practices. It includes almost everything that you would normally pay a la carte in larger platforms for.

This is not a good software for larger practices. This software can realistically service one high volume provider or up to three low volume providers.

Susan
CEO in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers

Horrible Billing, EMR software

1,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: They create more problems than solve. We are cancelling the contract

easy to use, but it takes to much manual work to schedule appointments.

Software is constantly down or has glitches. Last one they auto billed three times for one medical consult. Cannot accommodate for time zones

Shelly
Medische praktijk, 51-200 werknemers

Kareo is an AWESOME Medical software

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Implementation was easy, transferring records works well from one software to Kareo and the billing can be done and reviewed at ease

There are some reports that I would like tohave but you can call them and Kareo will make you the report you want, just takes some time to get.

Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Naturopathic Doctor in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Helpful to streamline your practice

5,0 3 jaar geleden

I like that Stripe is automatically connected to the biller to easily transfer payments from patient to practice. I like the automatic texting and emailing to patients to confirm appointments.

This software contains codes for all insurance billing purposes; however, if you are cash-based practice and entering in supplements to sell, the manual process by which this is done is clunky and inefficient.

Office Manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers

Kareo - The most user friendly billing software I have encountered

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When I initially saw the layout of Kareo I love it. All of the tabs are clearly labeled and I was able to navigate the software without any training. However once we started posting and applying payments, it began to get tricky. Since we were new to the software Kareo supplied someone to come out and train our employees and his personal line so we were able to call him whenever we have questions. That was a great help. We also enjoyed their training videos supplied on Kareo university.

It is a clean looking software and is very quick. It is very quick and easy to input payments and make notes on the payments. It is also easy to look at the AR to see what was denied, pending, etc. Most of the denials also have codes that help us figure out why it has not been paid.

Some parts of the program are confusing and not intuitive. Applying payments seems like it is a more extensive process than it needs to be. Calling for customer service is also a pain because I am often on hold for a long time, at least 30 minutes, and the people I am calling often do not seem knowledgeable.

Mathew
Physician in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Not good for our single-physician dermatology practice

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Not good. See my "Cons" list above. Unfortunately instead of month-to-month...the sales guy (who, after you sign up, you'll never hear from again) talked me into 1 year. Now I'm trying to buy out that year so we can go back to CollaborateMD...which was much more evolved...user-friendly...with features that actually work.

Fairly easy to use on a daily basis for me as the physician, entering SOAP notes. I did like immediately entering ICD-10 and CPT codes right after seeing the patient and writing my note. Relatively inexpensive compared to other options

Whew.... 1. I guess my expectations for a "success coach" were different from what they provide. If, during implementation you want to schedule time with your "coach," that person provides you a link to THEIR schedule and you find a time (usually at least a week away) and pencil yourself in. 2. Many ICD-10 and CPT codes for my specialty are not in Kareo when you go to create the superbill. It's been 2 years now....unacceptable. 3. To link to a lab or pathology...they provide you with a form which then gets sent to that lab. From there it's up to you to see that it happens. Both the hospital lab we use and UCSF dermatopathology were unable to link with Kareo. 4. The "voice reminder" feature is a really bad late '70's computerized voice. If it calls a patient and gets a voicemail...it begins talking as soon as it hears a voice (the message) so by the time the patient's recorder begins recording...the message is already almost over. The patient is left wondering what that computerized voice was and who called? 5. The visual accounting screen is really poorly laid out.

Reactie Kareo

3 jaar geleden

Hello Mathew, Thank you for letting us know about your experience with our system. We value any and all feedback about our software, as it helps us to continually evolve and improve our services. It is important to us that your practice is set up for success in every way possible, and our Success team is an important part of that process. In addition, our Support team is available and willing to provide immediate support if your Success coach is unavailable. We currently have a specialist assigned to your account, and they will be contacting you immediately to address your specific concerns. Regards, Kareo

James
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 51-200 werknemers

Software performance Analysis

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

I like creating and submitting charges and also very helpful in reporting.

everything is good to go but kareo can add the live claim status tool like as availity

Samantha
Medical Receptionist in VS
Medische praktijk, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Really easy for billing

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Easy to use, insurance verification is accurate

The requirement to install the program every time there's a new update is a little annoying

Peggy
Office Manager/Biller in VS

First time Biller

5,0 vorig jaar

I had never done billing before. Our PT clinic wanted to keep the billing in house so we tried Kareo. Of course I didn't have anything to compare too, but Kareo was easy to understand and the Kaero support was the best.

The price per therapist went up - with our reimbursement from insurance companies going down, we need to lower our cost

Anupama
MD in VS

kareo is user friendly

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: cost-effective and in house billing

ease of use, no claims are lost billing cycle easily available

duplicate eras from some insurances customer service not easily available on phone

Tiffany
Office Manger in VS

Kareo

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been very good

It is very easy to use on a daily basis.

We have had some issues with the help feature after new updates but, for the most part that gets taken care of in a timely manner.

Amanda
VPM Director in VS

Kareo Software Review

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I enjoy Kareo, I currently have 6 practices using it. I always refer clients looking for new software to Kareo. The success coach [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been helpful and makes me feel very confident in my knowledge of Kareo and had I can pass that on to my staff.

I love the eligibility tool. I also enjoy the help doc, I can usually look up what I need which is much faster than calling customer service.

Requesting new features takes a long time to get done. Also the time difference. If I have an issue at 8 and it is only 7 in California my wait time for customer service is much longer.

Julie
billing manager in VS

Kareo software

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience has been great with very few problems

I love how easy it is to use and easy functions

some of the billing areas have a lot of steps to get to the final result.

Barbara
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Niet verstrekt
4,5 10 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am a nurse practitioner with my own practice seeing patients primarily in nursing homes. I also do my own billing. When I was setting up my practice, I was told about Practice Fusion EMR software by a colleague. I saw that Practice Fusion is integrated with a billing system called Kareo, so I decided to check it out. Once I saw what they had to offer, I didn't look any further. Cost got my attention first, but the more I learned about it, the more I liked what I saw. I have done medical billing for years in the past as an office manager. I am also a CPA, and I did consulting work in which I helped physician practices choose and set up billing systems. Compared to the older systems, Kareo is light-years better. Implementation of Kareo took some time and effort. At first I thought it would be intuitive, and it is to a certain extent. These days billing is so complex, however, that I have some to see that it would be almost impossible to come up with a system that is entirely intuitive. I needed to complete the training, and then I was good to go. One thing that is really nice is the ability to choose training videos on the topics you need to learn about. The training videos are excellent. I did my training by starting a video, pausing it to enter my own data into Kareo, then continue on. This provided me with hands-on training, and it was very helpful. I also like the fact that I can go back at any time to view the videos again, and I can also view videos on topics or features of Kareo that I am using for the first time. I chose to purchase customer support for the first month only, because I am pretty savvy when it comes to billing systems. During that time, the team was very nice, very helpful, and oh so patient with me. I always got the answers I needed. One of the things that I especially like about Kareo is the reports that can be run. In the "old days" you could only run certain reports that were set-up by the system. It never made sense to me that there was a huge database of information, yet it could only be accessed in limited ways. Kareo provides many options for reports. I personally like the accounts receivable reports as well as the report that shows revenue from each facility where I practice. Probably the biggest benefit I have received from Kareo is the time savings. I have to balance my time between my clinical responsibilities and my financial and billing activities. I am sure I could not do this without Kareo. Bottom line: I am a very satisfied customer, and I would choose Kareo all over again if I had to choose.

Deborah
Medische praktijk

Kareo Review

4,5 6 jaar geleden

Our office has used Kareo as our billing software for the past three years. It is comprehensive and meets our billing needs. The support team for Kareo's PM software is phenomenal. I have called frequently over the past three years for customized support and have always gotten highly professional, pleasant and helpful representatives

Some of the information from our electronic records software does not always come over to Kareo as expected. I also don't understand why some of the doctors information seems to come over and others does not. I don't fully grasp how insurance companies get set up and approved to receive electronic claims.

Reactie Charlton

6 jaar geleden

Hi Deborah, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Happy to hear Kareo's software meets your billing needs and that you find our support team professional, pleasant and helpful! We'd like to reach out for more information regarding your mention of some of the information from your EHR not always coming over to Kareo as expected. Please email us at [email protected] to confirm your account/contact information so we may help look into this for you. Also, here is the link to our free training courses: https://helpme.kareo.com/01_Kareo_PM/Kareo_PM_Training. Please do not hesitate to register for a live training or take an online course at your leisure.

Kathryn
Medical Administrative secretary/Biller in VS

Kareo Billing Software

Opmerkingen: As above in comments Pros

I love the fact that Kareo works seamlessly with my EHR program, I usually have responses within 24 to 48 hours of claims sent out to the insurance company. If there is a problem with an ICD 10 code I have used, Kareo will let me know before I make my final approval to send the claim. If I receive a rejection or denial Kareo gives me a very specific reason why this happened and I am able to fix the problem quickly. Turn around time is great and Kareo shows me how I am doing with my patient collection as well.

Integration with our business process took a couple of weeks to be up and running smoothly but I was always able to get the help I needed.

Shirley
VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Easy to use and improves efficiency

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is our third software program in 8 years in business. This has been the most accurate, easiest to teach, and most integrative of the ones we've used. It's a good value for the money, and we've been pleased with the performance. We do have some issues, but it's fairly easy to get to management and discuss those.

We are able to use many of the tools, reports, and access in Kareo to improve our overall efficiency. We find claims go through successfully the majority of the time, entry screens are easy to use, and updating things like fee schedules are simple. Reporting is accurate and fairly easy to use, and we love the ability to write our own reports when we can't get what we need from the system (which is rare). There is a closed Facebook group of people who use the product and can support other users, and this is closely monitored by Kareo personnel, so it's a great way to interact and get help.

We would like to be able to do things across all our clients (enterprise level), and to have a cleaner collections follow-up, without having to adjust things off and make notes, etc.,

selina
Office Staff in VS

billing ease

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: always updating and improving for the better - user friendly and always helpful staff - that find the answer within reason

easy posting - one or two of the reports come in handy

could use better reports - also, when you look up a claim and you are under that patient - It would be nice to have the system go right to that patient instead of having to scroll to find it.

Larry
Psychologist/Psychotherapist in
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Kareo Billing Software

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I was looking for a billing software for my relatively new part-time private practice (licensed clinical psychologist/psychotherapy). At the time I got the referrals from Software Advice, I was looking primarily at the moment to get started billing Medicare for an increasing client caseload with Medicare coverage. I contacted my three of the four companies provided to me and Kareo was the first to be able to set me up with billing Medicare, While now I can expand to use it for billing other insurances, I still have not set up another insurance to bill. So I will have to see how that goes. However, by consistently billing Medicare now with this software, I am familiar with many of the features of the software and billing is relatively quick and simple. I did sign up for Kareo's clinical software and while I am currently paying for it, I still have not used it.

Once client and insurance info is set up, It is very quick and easy to bill online for each claim. Thus I am more likely to bill for each session soon after the session rather than waiting to bill a few sessions in a batch. Also, the software allows for printing out 1500 paper Forms. I have not tried this feature yet but it could save me time and hassles refiling if I can fill out the form through the software. I also think some of the online tutorials are very helpful and thus make getting information more convenient than have to sign up for a phone or video training session. I have had contact with a number of the training coaches and in general, they have all been very helpful and easy to access. The billing software is also set up to record payments, running balances, etc. I have not utilized that feature yet but it is nice to know that it is there.

I really do not have a specific complaint about the software or the staff support.

ANGELA
Accts. Rec & insurance clerk in VS

Product cons and reviews

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Besides the glitches which are going to happen experience is a 4 if it was a scale of 1 to 5.

A lot of ppl that work here at Emporia Medical Associates find it is not friendly but I do , it is friendly easy.

If a ERA and /or EFT does not show up and you know it is there you call they tell you that you have to call back in 5 days. then you have to wait more time after the 5 days which I don't like at all. Sometimes when there are updates it totally throws glitches in the system but usually fixed within a day. I don't like how it wont adjoin accts. Here in this community a family has 6 or less in family so this system only does each one individual which this community or patients don't or cant understand they want only one bill to come to their residence.

Carolynn
Practice Manager in VS

Great Software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have used Kareo for 8 years and its the best software that fits our practice!

I really like the reports and its easy to use!

Some features while using electronic posting to post medicare checks as secondary dont work properly

Donna
Licensed Professional Counselor in VS

Kareo Review for Small Mental Health Private Practice

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very good for Billing and System interface with insurance companies. Customer support very good.
I have not added patient records or additional services due to cost.

Ease of setting up patients, billing and system interface with insurance companies.

I have not tried the medical records, or additional services due to cost. I have no complaints about what I use. It did not increase in cost last year, but it did increase by 5% every years from 2013 to 2019. If I didn't have an office manager I would consider the additional services such as appointment notices, medical records. Kareo is more adaptable to a medical practice than mine.

Brandon
Family Nurse Practitioner and Owner in VS
Medische praktijk, 2-10 werknemers

Needs improvements, but has potential

2,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: The customer support is always nice, but their seems to never be a resolution or even a phone call from higher ups in the company explaining what is going on. It would be nice to be a little more informed and involved with them, because they have great potential. It is an affordable software, but very very frustrated when problems arise.

It has a smooth feel and not terribly hard to learn how to navigate the software. Also has a nice and easy to use self help page to look up "how to do's" on your own. The customer support is always friendly.

Several glitches. We were told to get the P400 card processor, which worked for a few swipes, then no longer is capturing on the Kareo side; however, the Stripe is capturing the transaction. We had made multiple phone calls to Kareo and Stripe, none of which has ever resolved the situation, and this has been months of reaching out. Also a big glitch in the patient's appointment times. We have Eastern time zone set, but it keeps sending our patients who have a 3PM appointment reminders that their appointment is at 12PM. Reached out to help desk who still haven't resolved the issue. Another glitch noted in medication note section. When you go to make a note or give a reason why a medication is being discontinued, the system glitches and the note is not saved. Putting in diagnostic codes or adding to problems is cumbersome. Why is there still a ICD-9. I literally have to have a separate window in CDC ICD 10-lookup to find the code number, then put it in Kareo. There are other little things that I can't quite remember right now....

Reactie Kareo

vorig jaar

Hello, Thank you for sharing your insights on your experience while using Kareo. We are disappointed to hear that you've had issues with collecting payments, processing eRX requests or entering diagnosis codes. We would like to discuss these issues further with you. Someone will be reaching out to you to obtain your contact information so a specialist can contact you as soon as possible. Thank you again for your time and sharing your feedback, Kareo