Saves us so much time and amazing staff

Jay C.
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: saving time and a better understanding of accounting for companies

Pluspunten: Where to start? I knew nothing about accounting so when we started I wanted an online company, Crunch basically do it all! Once you get round the software (it's not exactly simple but what accounting program can be??) it's very easy to use and the real time info is great. We use it for tax returns, PAYE and personal tax and it's an essential tool for us!

Minpunten: The reporting side can be better, you get great bar charts but only for the active tax year. I'd like to see more historical visual charts to help build up a better picture of the companies growth.

Great service, really helpful team, good advice and essential for me when I was getting started

Paul M.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Excellent web interface makes it easy to access all of my accounting information in one go. I love the fact that its online so that I can use any device to get to my accounts, and NO spreadsheets!!!

Minpunten: An iPhone/iPad app would be great for quick view information. I would also love a more fully inclusive contract review service, the existing arrangement with 5 day lead time is often too long so I end up having to go elsewhere. Sometimes I want a quick answer such as 'which category should I list this expense as?' - this would be nicely solved via an online chat function which would be really useful. Finally, proper 2 factor authentication (Google authenticator) would be good too.

Great online accountancy software

Matthew A.
Vertalingen en lokalisatie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The software is easy to use and full-featured, at least in its desktop version. Backed up with great support from the Crunch accountants and client managers.

Minpunten: It doesn't scale down particularly well to phones. The iOS app should be full-featured and include the Snap functionality (which is available through a separate app).

Crunch has given me more oversight and control over the financial performance of my business.

Richard M.
Director/Owner
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Lower cost than traditional accountants, more feeling of oversight and control over financial position, more empowerment as a business owner

Pluspunten: The various dashboards make it easier to see how my business is performing in terms of sales, revenue and profit. Invoicing, expensing, bank reconciliation and keeping on top of taxes are all easy. Notifications are clear and prompt, so I'm never at risk of falling behind with my accounting.

Minpunten: Timed logout is too quick - I'm often toggling between tabs and tasks and don't want to have to sign in every 5 minutes. It's time-consuming to rectify historical mistakes in banking reconciliation. Non-compatibility of certain bank statements is a pain.

I'm a long time Crunch user and very happy with it.

Beoordeeld op 26-6-2017
Ian Y.
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Makes it possible to run my business without wasting evenings and weekends keeping my accounts up to date.

Pluspunten: The software covers all my needs for recording invoices, expenses, calculating taxes, preparing accounts and so on. It is pretty easy to use too for most things. I like the reminders that tell you when payments are due and taxes need to be paid. I don't need to remember very much. The automated bank reconciliation process makes it easy to keep up to date too.

Minpunten: I get a bit confused over how the payments for Corporation Tax work - but my account manager is always on hand to sort things out for me,

Gets the job done for much less than traditional accountants

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2016
Alyson M.
Co founder
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We've been using Crunch for almost a year now, and they've saved us a huge amount of money over traditional accountants. But it's also taken a long time to learn the software and it's not flexible enough to be our only tool. The biggest limitation is the reporting, there are a couple built in reports but you can't edit the reporting period!

Antwoord van de leverancier

van Crunch op 14-12-2016

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We're really pleased that you're enjoying the service and happy to recommend us!

So that we can improve the experience for yourself and other customers, would you mind providing a little more feedback to our Client Experience Manager, Andy, about adapting to the software? We'd really appreciate the extra insight.

Andy can be contacted directly using [email protected]

We're aware that the reporting functionality requires some improvement and we're confident that we'll see this added next year. We always look to take on board feedback from our customers and look to improve on our software - we never sit still!

Thanks again.

Great software backed by people who call you back and know what they are doing.

Paul E.
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Complete and instant control of my business finances. Understanding where my company funds are is essential to a small company like mine.

Pluspunten: You are in complete control of your accounts, you instantly know how much you have, what you owe and who you owe it too. Business planning is made simple when you can see your finances at the click of a button.

Minpunten: Some of the banking dashboards were poor, but have recently been improved. Everything else is spot on.

Fantastic, Flawless, Painfree, Friendly, Knowledgable, Fast

Mark W.
IT Consultant
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My accounting is pain-free and easy. Everything is done for me reliably and if I ever have any questions I get an answer extremely fast.

Pluspunten: The software does the job, but it's the team and accountants you get with the software that put Crunch miles ahead of any competitor.

Minpunten: Mobile experience/Responsiveness could be better, but I have managed to do most things on a phone eventually.

Very pleasing indeed.

Martyn W.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Good clear presentation. It does a very job for what is a complex subject area and helps me track my accounting activities.

Minpunten: Would be good to have more context sensitive help. And where there are icons identifying attached documents, easy presentation of the documents on a right-mouse click would be good. Also the expenses presentation as a list, it reports 'combined' for items reconciled and combined but does not report reconciled for singular expense payments. The mobile app is less capable.

Most user friendly accountancy software i've come across

Tamsin H.
GP & Cosmetic Doctor
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: user friendly - lots of help guides & always someone on the end of the phone.
GOod to have a better understanding of what is going on with the business accounts.

Minpunten: no particular negative feedback. its taken me a little while to get to grips with it but now i understand a bit more about accountancy, it all works v well. maybe clients should get a short introduction guided tour to understand all the features better & how accountancy works e.g. i didn't understand what a directors loan account was.

Excellent control of finances and quick support when it's needed

Simon R.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Instant views of costs and profit.

Pluspunten: Being able to review and see all the business financials and keep on top of the critical things like tax and payments.
Easy to navigate and record/track in and outgoing money. High level views of funds available and where payments have been made.

Minpunten: Would like more reports for current, previous and all years of trading. Be good to get more graphical outputs, comparison of cash flow year on year and in parallel. I'd like more output from the information it stores.

Easy to use software

Fiona A.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: This is very intuitive software, looks nice and navigation is good.
Working in IT, its nice to find some good software like this which doesnt require training or much explaination. Support is always on hand should you need it

Minpunten: I do not have any issues with the software - the login is very slow.

I can usually achieve my goals without the need for help from the account manager or an accountant.

Hugo N.
Software Engineer
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It really makes my accountancy tasks easier and helps me having a clear picture of the current status of expenses vs. income. With the helpful notification I can also be on top of the deadlines for submissions to HMRC in terms of taxes, VAT returns or any other needed documentation.

Pluspunten: All the relevant numbers information is clearly displayed on simple dashboards which makes it extremely easy to have a clear picture on the transactions performed, the amounts getting in and out of the account and expenses.

Minpunten: Sometimes the navigation is not 100% straightforward. Even actions I have performed a couple of times, sometimes I have a hard time remembering under which section menu they can be found.

I do enjoy the Crunch platform, but think it could be more helpful to automate some data entry.

Beoordeeld op 23-6-2017
Courtney P.
Digital Artist
Mediaproductie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: All of my business finances are online and accurate.

Pluspunten: The invoicing and automated emails are very helpful. The instructional videos are v. good and helpful but I think you need more of that embedded within the platform. Also the UI is very clean and well layed out. Probably too many clicks for some tasks but otherwise very good.

Minpunten: Expenses. The data entry, and reconciling process is too manual and laborious. I think there definitely should be a free app with unlimited scanning of receipts and the app should complete expenses in Crunch by default. And I also think I should be able to link my bank account to Crunch and not have to do the whole import/export/reconcile/scan process. For the amount paid for Crunch as a service I think these services should be covered as well. I think the End of Year Taxes could be better illustrated on the platform as I'm still unsure how much Tax I'm due to pay towards the end of the year. Also I think it would not take too much research to create a Salary calculator so that you can compare day/hourly rates to yearly salaries.

Has made the accounting requirements very easy and time saving.

Naresh P.
IT Consultant
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Time, I don't spend a great deal of time on my accounts.

Pluspunten: Ease of use. Repetitive tasks can be easily automated. Good status information of companies position.

Minpunten: Does not provide support for holding and transacting in investments made via the company, i.e. stocks & shares.

Easy to use, if stuck get support promptly

Gary G.
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Saves me a lot of time

Pluspunten: Intuitive and very useful to have snapshot of level of dividends I can take. Its also very easy to keep everything up to date

Minpunten: Word search sometimes hit and miss although this is not a real issue as help is always available when needed

Very intuitive software and a perfect balance of control/taken off your hands

Kevin R.
IT Director
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I am able to see everything intuitively but I especially love the Apps and how they interact with Crunch

Minpunten: I still think there is more that can be done using mobile, alerts for VAT payments etc but I use the calendar import which is reality, the same thing

Great functionality backed up by great customer support.

Rob E.
Office 365 & SharePoint Consultant
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: All the important stuff is handled automatically, or with minimal input needed from me, leaving me to get on running with my business.

Minpunten: Performance can be a little quirky running in Edge browser, but fine in Chrome or Internet Explorer.

Software is good but pretty awful company with low quality service & high staff turnover

Beoordeeld op 8-1-2019
Damien Z.
Software Engineer
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The software works pretty well but the company itself basically does nothing for you. You do all the expenses and reconciliation yourself and most of the tax calculation is automated or you have to do it yourself so the accountant only looks at it for the corporation tax return. They never suggest ways you can save tax apart from the most basic standard ways. They never consult you about expected earnings for coming years to put in place any tax saving strategies. They never do what they say they will do unless you hound them. When I finally decided to close my business they told me it would take a couple of months but a year later they still had not done it so then it gave me issues with my tax return. I've had 5 different account handlers in 6 years all of which seem a bit clueless. You pay standard accounting fees for a computer to do the work for them and the little work an accountant does is done very very slowly or not at all. I'll use an old fashioned accountant next time as I paid a lot less tax than with crunch.

Pluspunten: Easy to see the exact state of your business at any moment
Easy to export data and tax documents

Minpunten: Steep learning curve
You do all of the reconciliation yourself instead of an accountant
No proactive tax advice or strategy so you pay a lot more tax overall

Perfect for small business - Crunch takes all the pain out of running my company.

Beoordeeld op 30-6-2017
Dave K.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Allowed me to set up my own business from inception to trading in a matter of days.

Pluspunten: Simplicity. Every tab shows me a summary of what I need to know.
Ease of Use. Reduces the time required on day-to-day administration of my company.
Customer support team. They're excellent - and answer all my queries clearly, no matter how daft the question!

Great! ...but theres a few small quirks and bits that need attention.

Odd N.
founder
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: More time to grow my business. Less hassle.

Pluspunten: Simplicity of use. Automated filing of inland revenue paperwork. Ability to discuss accounts over the phone while looking at the same numbers. A repository of all paperwork / ability to generate paperwork / ability to generate preliminary accounts.

Minpunten: Dual login for sole trader and Ltd...why ?? Having to manually tweak monthly salary payments to show up as paid? Why not let customer service rep be able to hi light and show tabs / fields in my browser when we talk over the phone ?

Online accounting made simple. Telephone and email support when needed. Great friendly service.

Owen P.
Company Director
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It's easy to use and they are always looking to make improvements based on feedback. If you get stuck help is available via the phone, email or social media.

The staff at Crunch are now my best friends.

Brian M.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: As someone who has started up a company for the first time after 42 years working for others, I found the software and more importantly the people, excellent and helpful in getting me started and answering all my queries, no matter how simple, idiotic or complex.

Pluspunten: It has been designed and built in a friendly way, that allows the experienced user and the inexperienced user to use the system with ease.

I have been a customer since 2012 and noticed the services getting poorer every year

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2018
Tom O.
director
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It used to be a reliable bespoke service, with staff who care and follow their customers. But I have noticed the services getting poorer every year.

Minpunten: At this day, their services looks more like a bunch of automated emails rather than a true service helping you handling your tax efficiently. I am now dealing with the worst customer experience, with late fee payments and been forced to pay a full year of subscription despite my wish to leave. I am currently seeking for legal help as anywhere else is a pro-rata based type of subscription. I thought that a start up would had the decency to consider their old customers who endured the up and down of their development.
I am shocked of their very poor ethics and consideration against freelancers and small businesses.

Great for contractor accounting

Henri C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy display of available dividend money, good graphs of total revenue, getting accounts etc submitted are a snap

Minpunten: Tough to say, i've sent a few feature requests in with new ideas and I get thanked for sending them but don't get much visibility of if they've made the roadmap/if they'll ever happen