Awesome tool for teachers!!!

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2016
Anthony S.
Teacher
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution. For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards. For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pluspunten: -Free for Educators to use with students
-Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business
-Great alternative to SmartBoard
-Pen feature is very smooth

Minpunten: -Takes some getting used to.
-Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect
- Users need to be taught how to use

Vital To How We Collaborate

Beoordeeld op 20-8-2018
Ilija V.
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: "I love realtime board. Especially all of the updates and templates that have come recently. We first started using real time board back in 2014 but stopped till just recently. The new features really make it a go to solution for our team especially since we are in two different locations and need t collaborate daily. Real-time board helps us to do that and meet our goes. " Can use the on PC, web, mobile phone. Love all of the features and versatility. I like the large viewing area. The sticky notes and the templates that are provided are also very helpful. We started using Real-Time board instead of Microsoft One Note. Being able to see where the other members of the team are pointing to is a huge plus as well.

Minpunten: Wish there was pricing for a 2 man team. We are small team and 40 a month at his point would be too high. Totally worth it for a team of 5 but would like to have the option of a small team like 2-3 people.

Miro (aka realtime board) is great for collaboration and as a project management tool

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2019
UX Designer
Design en ontwerp, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use Miro daily as a UX designer for documenting different flowcharts

Pluspunten: I love that you can collaborate on projects in realtime with Miro and see what the other users are doing on the screen at the same time as you. Their templates are awesome as well, along with their interface being aesthetically pleasing, it's one of my favorite tools I use as a designer.

Minpunten: I don't really have any negative comments or thoughts about Miro. I don't know why they changed their name from Realtimeboard as I think that moreso explains what they offer. I feel that Miro is supposed to be some kind of hip brand realignment, but doesn't explain what they offer. The name change doesn't really bother me, I was just surprised when it happened without warning.

Enhanced canvases

Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019
Vinicius A.
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I was introduced at Miro by a colleague in a workshop, we started using in a group of five people e build a roadmap for a project together, we have use it even when we are not together in class because of the remote function. And it was clear to me that it is an essential app for planning steps.

Pluspunten: Responsive and beautiful. It's not only visually pleasing, it's the best app to do personalized boards and diagrams.o
Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app.
The app focuses on real-time collaborative work, great for remote teams. The canvas has different kind of templates like: diagrams, mind maps, workflow board, etc. Which makes it much easier to create according to the desired visualization for each type of work. Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app. A diversity of integrations with major work tools, Google, Trello and Slack are my favorites

Minpunten: The mobile version performs smooth, but works only for visualization, I can't even delete a template. The app is very functional and good to use but also has some limited features compared to the web version. I can't leave a project to create a new personal template. Which forced me to create a new account with another email.

Power up your professional life and store your mind in the cloud

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2019
Peter P.
Product Manager
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Structure your thoughts, insights, user research, designs, mockups and entire project design process. There's a ton of 'power ups' add ons that let you customise Miro for your usage.

Pluspunten: It's super flexible, fairly easy to use once you get into the set up of the application. It's a great way to gather all your thoughts and later structure them if you need it in a more presentable format. I rarely do Google slides presentations anymore, because Miro is a better work tool, and it doubles down as a presentation tool as well.

Minpunten: It's a business tool, but the boundaries between what a professional does within the business and personally become less and less apart. As example I've kept a board to gather all my knowledge of my trade, and thus I would like this to become my own board. You can sign up multiple accounts but there's no easy switching between them on the desktop application.

The tool I have been waiting for for 30+ years

Beoordeeld op 12-2-2018
Senior Member of Technical Staff
Internet
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: A ton of benefits - it's allowed me to plan with a bigger grasp of the big picture while being able to capture all the details when needed. I've ditched 2 or 3 other productivity tools (to do tools, tasking tools, tracking tools) because RTB does it all and does it better. LOVE. IT.

Pluspunten: Incredible, unbelievable flexibility that can finally keep up with my mind and my team! A wide open space with no precepts to interfere with rapid ideation, solutioning, organizing - anything we need. AWESOME! The UX has been incredibly well thought out. It has nailed keyboard shortcuts, mouse control, tablet....the UX auto adjusts to your input method and NOTIFIES you that it does so. Unreal. All the tools work as you expect, every detail has been thought out, every rough edge and interruption to FLOW has been removed. I can't emphasize enough how smooth the flow is and the fact that I have had ZERO "wtf are you doing?!" moments using the tool - rare for me because I am exceptionally demanding and impatient with my tools. One of the best software products I've used in years. Thanks guys.

Minpunten: If I switch away from an RTB tab then later switch back, the long load time is kind of a drag :( Not a huge deal but it would be nice if it was fixed - the gap really interrupts thought process and flow during fast moving sessions. Not sure it's resolvable, but it would be nice :)

RealtimeBoard is a gamechanger for design collaboration

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018
Leon J.
Industrial Designer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In early-stage product development, no-one wants to pay for the time it takes for working documents to look good. This does not mean they don't want the documents to be clear, concise, and understandable, and it absolutely does not mean that they want good ideas and analyses to get lost in the clutter. In a paper-post it-CAD/DTP-workflow this is often the case. RealtimeBoard adresses all these issues and is a true gamechanger for the design industry. Thank you!

Pluspunten: RealtimeBoard has become an integral part of my workflow. It is:
• Intuitive and hassle-free to use
• Lightweight and available everywhere
• In rapid development—constantly improving the core product
I use it for:
• Everything from early stage ideation to larger scale mapping and analysis
• Collaboration with other designers on my team
• Co-creative workshops and interviews with users and clients
• The remote-work version of everything above
• Presentations, working documents, and even interim reports.

Minpunten: On my view, there are no major drawbacks with RealtimeBoard. However, I find the pricing model a minor hindrance. Although it suits my current situation just fine, it was a bit rigid when I worked in a three-person team.

Great product

Beoordeeld op 30-1-2019
Yan C.
UX Designer
Marketing en reclame, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: My company hasn't fitted the bill to have Realtimenboard (RTB) work with our Atlassian suite, so I won't know the full extent of what this interaction looks like. We use links to reference disparate applications. So while this isn't a con, it is a reality that a lot of us find workarounds for. For example, I use Sketch to create static prototypes and on the first page I create an art board for a workflow. Depending on the depth of the workflow and the number of licenses available for our company on RTB, I will opt to create my flowchart within the native Sketch application. Doing workflows within Sketch is cumbersome and not ideal :(

Pluspunten: I primarily use this for creating workflows and Sprint Design Meetings. The versatility in the tool is very handy and the potential for this application to integrate with others is very handy.

Minpunten: I had some trouble trying to figure out the hierarchy within Realtimeboard (RTB). Such as the relationship with the nomenclature of "Team", "Project", "Board". Another scenario I spent time wondering about was, what is the ideal scenario was for archived boards? There are other small things I would like to see different, but I don't know if this is because I'm not a super user or if my concerns are valid.

Simply the best collaboration tool out there

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019
Head of Product
Evenementenbureaus, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've joined a new company and have been using a board to gather thoughts, data, ideas and slowly growing and maturing my view on the problem I'm looking to solve into a mini presentation using the 'frames' features. It's just so darned versatile, I love it.

Pluspunten: Works across all your devices. Super simple to get started, but with enough depth to get intricate and detailed. Ability to import and save screenshots, pdfs and presentations. The ever growing list of templates are fantastic to structure thoughts.

Minpunten: The file size limit on individual images uploaded to your board isn't big enough to accommodate larger images - but resizing the image makes that possible so no biggie. Sometimes snapping to elements can be helpful, other times it's annoying.

A Time and Paper Saver for Laying Out Your Screenplay!

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2019
Brad H.
Marketing Director & Sales
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: There are so many, but the real-time collaboration is a huge one for my partners and myself. Also the ability to print specific frames to pdf is convenient. Traditionally screenwriters use note cards on a cork board to layout an outline. This makes it easy to move scenes around and to see the project as a whole. RealtimeBoard has completely replaced that for my partner and I since we live in two different cities. We have planned all of our scripts for the last few years this way and it works great. Another nice benefit is the ability to add images and media directly inside the board, this is great for reference materials.

Minpunten: I'm not sure that I can think of any cons honestly. The only thing would be that you're limited to 3 boards per person on the free plan, which has become a pain the more I use it. I guess I'll need to upgrade soon!

It's currently the best on the market!

Beoordeeld op 24-6-2019
Michael A.
Design Lead
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Miro is simply an interactive virtual white board! But you can do SO MUCH with it. From journeys to analysis to creating workshop templates. You can do whatever's in your head. And you can do it quicker and easier than anything else out there. Seriously stop reading this and try the free version, you'll see!

Pluspunten: It's super easy to use, and really quick to pick up. It makes doing this type of work effortless and in a fraction of the time. Also you can collaborate within seconds.

Minpunten: The pricing model is a bit squiffy and not easy to understand.
When you start an account it's confusing that it's not YOUR board but a team board, this has tripped me up a few times.
On the free version the pdf export functionality is so bad it would be better not to offer it all. NO experience is better than a bad experience.
(NOTE all these pale in comparison to how good the product is though!!!)

The BEST visual planning tool ever

Beoordeeld op 29-9-2019
Co-Founder
Internet, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The best tool to plan and organize things visually.

Pluspunten: Miro is so flexible. I can plan and organize almost anything visually. The recent addition of the Kanban board makes the tool complete.

Minpunten: Sometimes, there are hiccups when navigating around the canvas. Other than that, the tool is simply amazing

The best collaboration tool ever

Beoordeeld op 14-12-2018
Walid E.
2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I would work for free to keep this company flourishing

Pluspunten: Realtime board team made the tool so simple and convenient that you would never feel the barrier of using a software. It's like you literally writing on a board. Only difference...it's much better and convenient. They come up with valuable features everyday. Impressive team!

Minpunten: I really don't see any. I've tried many other alternatives and Realtime board is way head of every one

Brilliant resource for just about everything in UX and UX research

Beoordeeld op 14-10-2019
Jennifer L.
User researcher
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Miro has solved the problem we have had was our team has grown but our meeting room space has not... We can keep our post it note analysis in one place. We have also used it to share our work, sketches and communicate with our clients. It's overall been a real help to communication both internally and with external clients.

Pluspunten: Absolutely love this software. I started out using it only as a digital post-it note board so my team could do thematic analysis together remotely. After using it for a month or so, we started using it as a planning tool as well, and have used it to create service blueprints, journey maps and to keep the team all in one place.

Minpunten: Honestly the only thing I can think of is that it's not easy to find out how to increase the width of lines. Otherwise I love it!

An absolute joy to use

Beoordeeld op 24-2-2018
Luke F.
Video Journalist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Really helps our largely remote team collaborate in so many different ways, in a really fun, creative and productive way. We co-created our business plan on RTB. We use it for gathering newspaper clippings relevant to our startup. I wireframe our app in it. My colleague built the skeleton for our investment deck in this.. it's great for so many things beyond brainstorms.

Pluspunten: Very advanced - tons of control, so many features; all useful. Very fast and reliable and addictive. Beautifully engineered, easy to use. Boards can be made public so anyone can comment without logging in, if you want.

Minpunten: I miss one feature compared to Stormboard which we used before (and is now hugely inferior) which is 'substorms' (which were effectively a board 'inside' a post it note; great for deep diving into a big idea) otherwise, very hard to fault RTB!

Virtual Whiteboard for Virtual Team Collaboration

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2018
Yoel B.
Consultant & Mentor
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Ease of Use - the team members with whom I collaborate online using Realtimeboard are not necessarily the most computer literate. Yet of all the online web services we use to accomplish our virtual team collaborative tasks, these same individuals have the least problem mastering Realtimeboard. That says it all!
Integration - the recent integration that delivers messages on updates to a board directly to the Slack discussion forum associated with that board means team members can stay focused in the team collaboration environment (Slack) and don't need to jump around from website to website to see what is happening.

Minpunten: As a facilitator on online courses which have a short duration of ten to thirteen weeks, the obvious necessity of a paid account for more than three participants is an obvious shortcoming. The service *is* worth the fee demanded and the price *is* competitive, but obviously, many of the first time users are not business people. Realtmeboard should rethink their Trial package for special circumstances like ours.

RealtimeBoard is quick, collaborative, visually pleasing and easy to use!

Beoordeeld op 7-3-2019
Digital Marketing Director
Bankwezen, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We started off using RTB for big, heady workshops - design thinking, kanban, etc with remote teams - no more "taking picture of a whiteboard, transcribing it into [insert random comfortable tool here], sending non-collaborative bitmap out to team" procedures, just one great tool. And then we realized that it could be used for so much more! Org charts, mind mapping, small kanbans for things like kitchen duty or office chores or whatever! Also impressed with just how often they update it with new features (including iOS apps), and sometimes the simple act of seeing someone else move a sticky around in realtime is just fun.

Minpunten: Nothing comes to mind, if there was one thing it would be that the export viewport thing is a bit hard to get right unless you've screwed it up at least once before, to know what to do the next time. Seems like a small thing to gripe about!

For a big ideas with detailed approach

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2018
Mariia V.
Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It is amazing instrument to discover how easy you can realize your vision, how fast and clear your process will be represented. All you need is here without any kind of borders, just you and your ideas.
- Simple solutions for a difficult tasks: for designer, for business analitical, for a developer - you can build a schemes, organaze your workflow for a project and more, add links and references, images, all your want for expanding your creative field.
- Amazing zoom - any type of a scale - for big ideas with detailed approach;
- Simple steps for regisrtation and share.

Minpunten: It is about how interesting your work flow can be. How many elements in your project integrated. You can systemise information, clarifying tasks, find new approaches. Your investigation can be almost touchable. That is all develop your ideas more and more.

Anyone who watches my team work ends up buying Miro so I guess that's enough said.

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Hanan A.
Experience Designer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our team's overall productivity has skyrocketed, we can easily collaborate with our clients and we really don't need task management software anymore.

Pluspunten: ability for a remote team of designers / stakeholders / business development to collaborate so smoothly using the simplest interface possible. The plugins and integrations that keep getting better every day are something to admire, tbh. so generally Miro is a product worthy of a standing ovation.

Minpunten: not much, really. but my team uses Miro a lot for wireframing; then we sync to inVision. we'd love a way to download all artboards as individual images at once (a bulk action that returns a zip file with all artboards as single PNGs).

The best collaboration tool ever

Beoordeeld op 14-12-2018
Account Manager
Schoolleiding, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It makes your visual brainstorming, strategizing, designing and planning so convenient. You don't feel the barrier of using a software. It was genuinely and carefully crafted and built for humans

Minpunten: I really don't see any cons. I've tried many alternative apps and they don't even come near the quality and features Realtime board have

Great online experience

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019
Danilo N.
Engenheiro de software
Internet, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great experience, with really good design and almost perfect sensation of a physical board.

Pluspunten: The design and usability are very good, it's like you are on a physical kanban board and its post-it's. The tags are very useful and you can see all people that are on the board in realtime. The feeling of amplitude is a well-thinking feature too because it emulates the reality in a handy way.

Minpunten: When you first access it, the guided walkthrough is very persistent and boring. I had to dismiss it at least 4 times.

Simple and easy to use. Collaborating with team members is incredibly easy.

Beoordeeld op 28-12-2017
Daniel C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It helped me visually collaborate with my team of designers and clients, making revision processes infinitely faster.

Pluspunten: Regular updates.
Being able to create tons of separate boards and share with team people is great.
Being able to comment on specific boards is amazing.
Being able to collaberate with team members and clients is great!

Minpunten: Boards with a lot of content may be slow in some cases, making the attached media slow to display. But this does not affect the user experience.

Amazing tool great to work remotly

Beoordeeld op 30-8-2018
Myrian M.
Innovation designer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.001+ werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Its an awesome tool !

Pluspunten: You don't need much to understand how to use so Its really helpful when you are adding new teammates to a project.
Really flexible, aside from having a bunch of really cool templates that can help you get started it is a really flexible tool.

Minpunten: Maybe a bit hard to understand zoom and how small or big things should and can be.
A on-boarding or "read this first" might be helpfull feature to let teams know what relevant now

I love it

Beoordeeld op 27-6-2019
Marco L.
Product Owner
Automotive, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I can't live without Miro :)
I use it to plan my IT-Projects, starting with Business-Canvas, brainstorm ideas, pin screens, create wireframes, work on storymaps and organizing meetings (e.g. Retrospectives).
The whole Miro-Team is doing a great job. I'm looking forward to see more features, which will help me doing my job.

Pluspunten: - RealTime
- Many many templates
- Quality
- Endless space
- easy to use
- Available on all devices

Minpunten: If the boards are getting bigger, sometimes it takes some time to load the board.

It's the BEST of its type

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019
Claudio P.
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It's the BEST of its type, really love this app. Is realtime, collaborative, with a gorgeous User Experience, free plan... I could talk like this for hours! Really recommended!

Minpunten: There aren't any cons: that's one of my favorite, daily software without which I could not live.