Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Schoology

Schoology, een bedrijf van PowerSchool, is het onderwijstechnologiebedrijf dat samenwerking in de leerervaring centraal stelt.

Meer informatie over Schoology

This software offers many features that cost extra in other Learning Management Systems. It very easy to use once you get started.

My co-teacher and I had a hard time figuring out how to prevent students from receiving their grades right after submitting their exams.

Beoordelingen van Schoology

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Schoology heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 473 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Schoology eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (473)

Brian
Brian
Graduate Student (MBA) in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Engagement Promotes Student Retention

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: While Facebook has had some bad press regarding privacy here lately, the overall impact and popularity of social media in general and Facebook in particular is undeniable and has become a permanent part of online culture. Why? Because Facebook is, by design, set up in such a manner that it is both extraordinarily easy to use and navigate around, and because it has a well-documented tendency to "suck you in" - it keeps you engaged with the platform. It's easy. It's interesting. It's fun. It's entertainment. So what does that have to do with Schoology, you ask? Immediately after registering for my Schoology account provided by my grad school (MBA student), I was very surprised to see what looked and felt just like Facebook, but with an academic focus. The main feature is the user's feed, which looked and felt exactly like any social media feed. It contained posts from the school admin and financial aid, posts from instructors with information, videos, etc., pertinent to the current material, and posts from fellow classmates asking questions so classmates and the instructor could all interact on the thread. Users are able to "Like" a post or even direct message others in a private, Messenger-style chat feature. Surrounding the feed are links to everything the student needs for college success, from financial aid to wellness. Simply put, Schoology's brilliant adaptation of a popular technology makes studying easy, interesting, fun, and entertaining.

Schoology is academia's answer for engaging with today's social media obsessed generation of students.

I can virtually ALWAYS come up with something that I didn't like, Schoology however is one of those few exceptions. For the sake of entering a "con" however, I will say the one lacking feature I did wish users had would be an option to switch from the blaring white to a dark mode type theme. Helpful for battery life when using mobile devices and also more conducive for night-time study and eye health. After all, many students are working while studying, leaving night time as their only option to get their classwork done.

Jana
Director in VS
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Better than our previous system

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We like it! It serves our needs and helps us build a good learning community!

Ease of use. Student portal works cleanly. Ease to move from one class to another. Lots of choices for adding different types of questions to assessments. Easy to organize.

It would be nice to have more options for displaying content. We have found some work-arounds in adding a few variations to the straightforward listing style, but it isn’t easy. It would be nice to be able to add some flair.

Analisa
high school teacher in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

The gradebook makes everything take longer than it should for teachers.

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I have no choice; my school district makes me use it. Yes, it allows us to post and accept work online, but many more improvements to the gradebook should have been made in the six years that this has been used by the second-largest school district in the USA. It may be better than other LMSes in certain aspects, but the gradebook sucks, as detailed above.

It's better than nothing. I have never used another complete LMS, but there HAS to be a better one when based on the gradebook, which is what teachers use the most. I also work with teachers who say they've used Canvas and it's much better. Previous to this, I used EasyGradePro and Illuminate, both of which had gradebooks that were far more customizable. I am literally writing this right now because, in my 5.5 years of being forced by my district to use this LMS, not ONCE am I aware of any teachers being asked for product feedback--and only a couple times have any noticeable improvements been made. I find this intensely frustrating, as I have a long list of improvements that should be made and nowhere to share them. I arrived here, not at the product's website, after Googling "Schoology+feedback" And so I will post them here in their entirety in hopes that Schoology designers might actually care one day.

--NO SEATING CHART--should allow teachers to save pre-set comments in Resources to save time--teacher should be able to set a default to show comments to student instead of having to click the box every time they want the student to see the comment--comments should be dated--system should be able to mark empty cells missing automatically once due date has passed (regardless of grading status)--when student submits an assignment, missing mark should disappear--missing mark value should be customizable (not always zero)--”Mark empty cells missing” should be accompanied should be accompanied by the option of “except ones with submissions”--submissions should be time stamped--should have the ability to sort assignments in order of date of late submission--score for quiz needs to update automatically if student takes it late--should be able to sort students by who has most ungraded submissions--Bulk Edit should allow you to change the lock date--I should be able to type in a LAST name to send a message--Teacher should be able to merge rosters so that students on different rosters (i.e. SpEd) can respond to same discussion topic instead of having separate boards--Copy Rubrics should not make endless duplicates; should notify when they are duplicates --read receipts for messages--in Mastery tab, should be able to display assignments by alpha order, number order, etc.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Schoology - good functionality, but GUI is dated and needs additional admin functions

4,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It has worked pretty well.

Excellent sync with our self-hosted powerschool server, once all was setup. Uptime is excellent. Communication when there IS downtime is also excellent. Ability to implement additional features via plugins/other services [such as NoRedInk] is good.Teachers are using the product pretty well [ granted, it is a requirement on our campus, but they are going beyond the bare minimum.]Support is excellent.

Schoology's GUI is dated - it hearkens back to the 90's and MSFT Access.The admin team SORELY misses the ability to "masquerade" as a teacher - we used to be able to login as a teach admin, masquerade as a teacher, and quickly fix implementation and setup errors that the teacher had made. Under Schoology we have to get their login credentials from the teacher - not exactly an easy process.Perhaps one day that feature will be available.

Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers

Schoology - Powerful, but User Friendly LMS

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Schoology has been a game changer for us. As a district that previously used an open source alternative, we really took a risk by rolling out a new product that was not free. Teachers have really embraced the platform, which is allowing us to move toward a model where learning is individualized and focused on the needs of the learner.

Schoology feels like a social media platform. It's easy to use and makes sense when you're using it. It has a tremendous ability to be extended with integrations with Google, Microsoft, etc. and connects well with other learning platforms that are important in K-12 settings.

At the enterprise level, sometimes support the can be lackluster when dealing with things such as the synchronization between Schoology and PowerSchool. On the positive side, we anticipate with PowerSchool's purchase of Schoology that this might improve over time.

Samantha
Samantha

Helpful Online Learning Platform

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Schoology is efficient and very useful. There are times that it seems that I have to make 15 clicks to do a necessary task within the app. However, I enjoy that I am able to categorize my items within each class and then also collect and view the data from certain assignments. I believe updating the software in order to make the app more user-friendly would be beneficial.

Schoology has a lot of features that are conducive to a high-fuctioning online learning program. Many things can be done within the program, such as connecting outside links, videos, and materials.

I have not be able to copy assignments from one course to another that include Google Docs. If I copy this type of an assignment, the Google Doc copy does not attach. I have to personally go into every class and reattach the assignment.

Easy but not.....

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: During the early days of our school, we used Schoolology. Although it was very convenient for teachers to use, students had difficulties combining various contents.

One of the strengths of Schoolology is how easy it is to use. The user interface is intuitive.

However, it can be tricky to combine various platforms. Google Classroom allows multiple activities with one account, but Schoolology has limits.

Love this LMS!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is a great product, and is super easy to use for almost anyone, it is lacking in some features but overall great product.

This is the best possible LMS that I have found out there-has several features. Organized folders, quiz giving ability and integration with ExamView, discussions, and district wide setup ability.

It is very spendy if you want to implement it into your school-hard to justify when Google Classroom is free. I wish the integration with google was more seemless, and the lockdown browser option was free for quizzes/tests.

Sara

Great product

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I like the badges. I like I can upload assignments and see student work.

Wish that I could get it to work with Powerschool

Adely
Research Assistant in VS
Research, 201-500 werknemers

User Friendly

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I love this app it keeps me on track of what needs to be done so my child's grades can improve.

I like that it is easily accessible and user friendly.

I least like that it takes a while to load the grades.

Gilda
Technology Integration Specialist in VS
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers

Schoology - like a Swiss army knife for educators!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have used Schoology as a teacher with students and as a professional development platform with other teachers. I love all the options I have for sharing content of all types and engaging students in many ways. I constantly find new features to try out with my students. In addition, I am one of the system admins for our school district. I have used both the Basic (free) version and the Enterprise version. Schoology Support is always helpful, and while they cannot always meet my needs right away, they are always working on site improvements and new features.

•Ease of use - Most teachers, students, and parents learn to navigate the LMS pretty easily. •Many levels of use - Teachers can begin using the LMS at a simple, basic level with great success, and then progress to use more advanced features that enrich the educational experience of their students. I love incorporating online discussions and media albums in my classes. •Anywhere, anytime - Teachers can set up their daily classes in Schoology, embedding images, media, discussions, quizzes, and more. This lends itself to all types of teaching experiences from whole class to small group to individual assignments. Assignments can actually be assigned to small groups or individual students, and these will not populate the Schoology feeds of other students. The Schoology course can be used to facilitate the classroom experience, but also allows student access to classroom content 24/7. •Great integration with G Suite - Schoology plays very well with all things Google. I love the Google Drive Assignments app, which organizes my students’ assignments so beautifully.

•Cannot create recurring calendar events. •Badges are only visible on Profile Page. I wish they were more visible on all pages, like they are in Khan Academy. Badges are also not visible on the iOS platform. •I wish assignments had both “assigned on” dates, as well as “due dates.”

E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers

Best LMS hands down!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've built many project-based and blended learning courses within the Schoology LMS that have allowed me to revolutionize the traditional classroom. We saw huge increases in student accountability and achievement, and tracking student progress has never been so easy. We also use Schoology to take asynchronous remote attendance with just a few clicks of a button. I am extremely proud of what my school has been able to accomplish with this platform. The feedback and ideas I get from both students and teachers continues to inspire me to take learning to the next level using Schoology. Our new virtual classroom is more fun, interactive, and engaging than ever before!

Schoology is packed with features that let educators customize their courses and content to meet the specific learning needs of various populations of students. The user interface is fresh, simple, and easy to navigate. Many popular external applications are already integrated and available to use within the Schoology platform and sync effortlessly with the gradebook. For me personally, I really appreciate the way I can build customized, authentic, and engaging assessments from their wide assortment of question types. Schoology also has a badge rewards system where teachers can reward students for accomplishing certain tasks. Schoology simply is super customizable with a ton of features that other LMS don't offer.

As a user of many learning management systems over the past decade, there is no area where I feel Schoology is lacking in. It is the best for what it does.

Former Teacher in VS
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Schoology is a great way to engage students!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Schoology was a great way to engage students and assess their learning in a more interactive and interesting way. The student's seemed to like it better than using just books so it was more engaging for them.

Before I transitioned out of teaching, I used Schoology quite a bit as a teacher. Schoology made it easy and convenient to engage students in the classroom. You could post informational resources for them such as notes and websites, or create more interactive lessons with embedded youTube or other videos and they can be set up so students can do scavenger hunt type things on the computer. They also can be used for assessments to see if students learned the material they were supposed to, as an exit ticket, or a way to review information at home. These assessments could then be loaded directly into e-school for student grades.

One thing I found difficult was sometimes setting up answers to questions especially if I wanted a more free response type of question, although they do offer ways to grade on a rubric as well. Sadly in the day and age of inflating grades there was also no way to grade on a curve, which meant that even though grades could be directly loaded into e-school, administrators desired you to then have to go back into e-school to inflate student grades. All in all they seemed to be keen to adding new features that made things easier for teachers. They also had two different kinds of assessments, one of which I found not nearly as friendly as the other to use.

Ann
District Instructional Technology Specialist in VS
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

Schoology is central to our successful 1:1 blended learning classrooms providing digital workflow.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The software is central to our curriculum delivery in our 1:1 blended learning classrooms. It is a core app that we use daily and streamlines communication, assessment, and assignments.

Schoology is intuitive for both teachers and students. I love that Schoology is specifically designed for K-12 and has a simple interface for primary students. Schoology provides students one place to access curriculum content, collaborate with peers, and receive immediate feedback from assessments. Our teachers leverage several features in Schoology including grading groups and completion rules. Teachers can privately differentiate curriculum materials to individual students or groups with just a click using grading groups. Teachers can also design lessons that utilize completion rules which forces students to complete on activity with a certain degree of accuracy before moving on to the next activity. Teachers can also provide students feedback in a variety of formats which can include audio, video, drawings or written. The feedback is available to students as soon as it is graded. In addition to courses, Schoology also has a group feature which is one place for teachers to share curriculum materials with one another. The content in the group is shared with just a click to any course. This makes it very easy to move materials from teachers to students without the need to download or upload files, creating a smooth digital workflow.

None. The Schoology team is responsive to feedback and the team is constantly striving to make improvements.

Julie

Life Changing

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has streamlined my classroom:
Assignments are in schoology, collected in schoology, graded in schoology, I used it to flip my classroom and organize what students do and when.
It has streamlined the work that I do to get ready for class:
I can easily collaborate with the teachers I work with, I can set up one class and copy to others, It helps me keep track of where my students are and what they are achieving.
I teach my students how to use the program to get more out of their own learning:
They can check on their level of mastery, rework old assignments and quizzes (when I let them), they can check their progress, see what is coming, and know what is expected of them just by opening the course.
3 years after beginning to use it, I don't know how I ever lived without it.

I haven't collected a piece of paper in 3 years. It grades many things for me and I can get feedback on how my students are doing. I continue to have access to everything in a course even after it has ended. Schoology is incredibly helpful in fixing problems, and asking for feedback. It merges seamlessly with my school's grade book program. It has allowed me to turn my traditional classroom into a flipped-mastery classroom that use standards based grading. Differentiating instruction and assignments is easy with this program.

There are still things I wish it could do that it can't... yet. They are still working on those things.

Glen
Teacher/Technology Integrationist in VS
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

Fantastic, game-changing LMS

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Schoology has transformed my teaching! I have been teaching for almost 18 years and I knew that I was basically teaching to the middle group of my students. I was not differentiating for the various learners in my class. The tools available in Schoology helped me to move my teaching from lecture based to a blended classroom approach. I now train teachers on a daily basis to transform their teaching using Schoology. The Schoology community is one of the most active, supportive groups I have ever encountered.

Schoology is an easy to use LMS initially as a teacher and student. The best part is that there are so many added features and an amazing supportive community to help you customize and develop your courses even further. The customer service for Schoology is fantastic and the professional learning community in Schoology Educators is active and very helpful to anyone from a beginner to an advanced user. We did a side by side comparison between Schoology - Edmodo - Canvas and Google Classroom and our teachers and students completely supported our adoption of Schoology!

Some missing features include the ability to lock an entire folder and the ability to navigate quiz/tests more easily.

Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers

Schoology Review from Admin Side

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I would recommend Schoology for teachers that have a good understanding of technology. The price is a bit much but it does a lot if the teachers are willing to spend the time on it.

Schoology is a very good LMS and is very versatile. I allows my teaching staff to communicate with their students on a regular basis. It also helps my teachers with parent communication. The program is also nice for students that have been absent or that are going to miss school for sports or a vacation.

The cross over from our SMS to this program is not always smooth and is a bit frustrating at times.

Danielle

Great for older learners

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience is good! I’ve been pleased with it.

I love being able to have quizzes or tests self-correct. I also like being able to link my grad book (PowerSchool) and having a centralized place for my students to view and work on assignments.

It is not the most user friendly software. I consider myself pretty tech-savvy, and it took me a bit to understand each part. I teach elementary school, and some of my students still do not quite understand how to use the software. There’s a lot to it.

Cathie
Teacher in VS
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Niet verstrekt

Your Classroom Experience Will Change with Schoology

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Schoology is an all encompassing learning management system (LMS) that allows teachers to expand the walls of the classroom beyond the school day. Students can easily log into their Schoology account and access class materials, watch embedded videos, practice skills, or respond to class discussions. Teachers can organize and create folders and build an entire course throughout the year. The interface has a social media look that can be appealing for students. However, students treat Schoology as a course and not Facebook. Restrictions can easily be enabled to ensure that student's post before they see other responses. The Schoology App works extremely well in a 1:1 iPad classroom. Students can easily add their Google Drive App and submit assignments from Google Drive directly to Schoology. Teachers have an easy toggle feature that allows them to score student work efficiently without opening new tabs for every student assignment. Rubrics can be easily created and directly attached to the assignment. Schoology does platform with Pearson, Powerschool, and many other online sources. Those services provided do cost money. Schoology is COPPA compliant and has signed the Student Privacy Pledge. Videos and tutorials are easily accessible, and the company is very responsive to questions and suggestions. I was using another popular LMS but found that my students treated it like Facebook. When I switched to Schoology I found that the interface and the assignment feed are easier to manage and sort through. Students treat Schoology as a course and not another form of social media. They respond appropriately and use it as a resource for their learning. Building on-line quizzes take time, but students respond well to receiving the instant feedback. Aa a teacher, I find the assignment feature and uploading from Google Drive seamless. I've been able to leave feedback and not feel overwhelmed reading 100 essays submitted in Schoology. The hardest feature of Schoology is learning and discovering all of the bells and whistles it offers. I would recommend using Schoology with a team of teachers or a colleague. It's much easier to bounce ideas off of each other as you tinker with its features. Once you maneuver through the first weeks of Schoology you won't turn back. I left everything I created on my old LMS and have had no regrets. Schoology is ideal if your looking to go paperless as well.

Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

It works, but better options out there.

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it was fairly frustrating. It is ok. I can share links and things but seemed to not hit the bar in very basic features like social discussions in a class, turning in assignments, and giving feedback.

I like that we can set up folders and organize our course how we would like. I work with upper elementary so it worked fairly well, but definitely had a learning curve. Announcements were pretty easy to post. I also liked students messaging in schoology, they found this feature easy to use. I like that I also got an email when they messaged.

As a specialist teacher, it was confusing whether to work with the classroom teacher or have our own Schoology accounts. When giving feedback on assignments, students could never find it, they didn't get notifications. Students also struggled with how to turn in assignments and would do it differently. You could connect google docs and things, but was super confusing and students also didn't do this correctly. It also does not look modern, there are so many other platforms that look nicer and more kid-friendly. In addition, I like students to share photos and videos with one another and the social discussions/sharing piece was definitely lacking. we liked flipgrid but was not easily incorporated within schoology.

Brittany
Brittany
Educator in VS

Schoology Success!

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: At first, I will admit, I struggled using Schoology and I am pretty tech-savvy. After spending some time diving into it, I found it is pretty user-friendly, easily accessible by both students and parents, and a great way to present documents, stations for classes, and assignments. I loved being able create groups for stations and color coding each one. Made it simple for my younger students.

Schoology is a platform that has features perfect for a middle/high school classroom setting. It allows the ability to have students access their assigned class and find documents needed throughout the year. It is simple and straightforward for students, allows administrators to create groups within the school for educators (ELA, 5th grade, etc.), and can be utilized by everyone.

It is not an aesthetically pleasing platform, with little to no design features, minus a picture and color coding the folders.

Danielle

Excellent LMS for Middle School

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I enjoy using Schoology to provide resources for my students to use both in the classroom and outside. It is fairly easy to use, but can sometimes be time-consuming. The integration with G Suite is beneficial with reducing the time needed to edit content in multiple classes. It is easy for students to navigate and undersatnd.

I like the ease with which students can navigate the platform and the way that it houses everything that students use. I also like the ability to collaborate with colleagues to create activities/assessments together and share then easily with each other. I also like that it enables you to provide feedback for students on assignments and communicate directly with students.

There are some features (feedback for the new assessments, reporting features for the gradebook) that are missing that would be really helpful, particularly for remote learning.

Eric
Instructional Designer in VS

Schoology - K-12 Winner, Not So Much for Higher Ed

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Schoology is an excellent platform for blended learning or situations where online learning is supplemental to face-to-face learning. For higher education, or fully online learning, it has a long way to go to catch up with the industry leaders.

Schoology is easy to use, provides an intuitive interface, and leverages the benefits of social media. As an Enterprise user, I have access to the full suite of analytics and universal settings, which are powerful. The mobile apps are feature-rich as well.

Schoology is not the ideal platform for higher education. The interface, while easy to navigate, is juvenile in its icons and profile images. And while it features a social media "wall" of recent activity across one's courses, the interface looks like an old Facebook. Also, Schoology's font, which cannot be altered, even by Enterprise users, is too small. This raises ADA compatibility concerns.

Sarah
Principal in VS

Schoology

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: They've been great. I have gotten the opportunity to learn from many users and become a resident expert in my school as well.

This platform has been a savior in the current remote learning context we are in with this extended closure due to COVID 19. They've adjusted their settings, provided support and are responsive to the customer needs.

I wish they would make blind scoring a reality in their platform for written work! This would allow us to eliminate one other platform and it seems like something that this LMS could manage.

Jo
eLearning Developer
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Flexible, fully-featured and fun!

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Schoology works best for a whole school setting where different ability levels of instructors and learners will be accessing the platform. Especially suited to an establishment which intends to develop a blended learning and learning self-paced learning approach outside of the classroom. A school which confidently uses mobile apps and digital technologies will find Schoology a healthy addition to their collection of digital tools.

+A huge community of teachers and learners looking to sharing their experience and support one another in the usage of the platform. +A recognisable user interface which makes the learning curve for new users simple and intuitive. +Superb flexibility to create bespoke learning environments for teachers and learners.

- Some limitation of iframe embed due to the HTTPS protocol requirement. Use of HTML code editor often strips the inclusion of more advanced features such as Java functions. - Limitation toe badge and gamification of learning. - LTI integration not fully functional, relying on apps developers to plug the gaps.