If you knoow what you're doing - DirectMail is the best

Beoordeeld op 26-6-2019
Marty M.
Operations Manager
Milieudiensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Having used a range of programs - DirectMail certainly gives you the most hands on experience. The biggest draw back is being app-based; while most competitors are all online - but this is what also provides the biggest advantage in terms of tools and functionality.

Pluspunten: Control of the whole process - from HTML editing to subscriber management to design and spam testing - it's fun to work with.

Minpunten: No online tool. Reporting is limited, there aren't enough ways to compare and contrast. Very hard to export reports and data in bulk. Hard to get examples out as PDF / Image filles.

van e3 Software op 27-6-2019

Thanks a ton for your review, Marty! Much appreciated!

I wanted to mention that the latest version of Direct Mail includes expanded options for exporting report data and for exporting your messages as PDF files. You may want to update and take a look. Please reach out to us with any questions or feedback. Thanks!

The latest version is great, major improvements and great for my business

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2017
Terry L.
Photographer
Fotografie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's on my Mac rather than being in the cloud.

Pluspunten: There are online email companies but I always find them a bit awkward. I first tried Direct Mail years and years ago and it was okay and did a job but this year they have updated it which has made the software fantastic. The email design is really easy and simple with some great free templates built in while still giving you flexibility should you need it to customer deeper. I've changed my current newsletter styles over to the new ones and it's given them a fresh new look and total compatibility no matter what device the emails are read upon. Being able to delve into who has looked and even clicked is a real big plus point for managing my marketing and I can really target further contact by this response. You can, of course, buy email credits from them or use your own email sending system. I personally use both, credit from them for my loyal customers and potential customer (the list is huge) through my own servers (it's cheaper for me this way). Oh, and it also links with y database system - Daylite which helps keeps everything organised an on track.

van e3 Software op 7-11-2017

Thanks a million for the review, Terry! We are really glad that you are liking the new update.

I wanted to let you know that we added some great cloud features to Direct Mail a little while ago. You can now save your projects to the cloud, access them from any Mac, and even sync and collaborate with other users. More info is available at our website.

Thanks again!

Great Software but AWFUL management and support after

Beoordeeld op 21-5-2018
John S.
NA
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: One of the easiest and good looking mail sender on the Mac have used it for years. (not anymore though)

Minpunten: You have to pay them to send using your SMTP, which is fine, but as soon as you offend their very strict rules they disable the whole part of the sending process, meaning the softwares useless. Then thats where you find out the support is AWFUL, as it seems to me theres only 2 people that work there, they refuse to talk on phone, and despite promises when chased up, they don't answer emails. genuinely terrible.

van e3 Software op 28-5-2018

Thanks for your review, John. Sorry that you had a bad experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service (via email and live chat), and are grateful for the many five star customer service reviews we've received here and on other sites.

In order to maintain a high quality of service, we ask all of our customers to agree to an anti-spam policy that forbids the use of illegal or purchased email lists. If that policy is violated, we are happy to explain how to resolve the issue. However, we are not able to help customers who repeatedly harass and threaten our employees.

Tracking Readership for a small business

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2019
Doug J.
Principal
Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Opmerkingen: As I learn all its features I like it more and more

Pluspunten: Once I had figured it out, with some help from helpful 'Help' people at Directmail, it has been extremely useful to me in doing was email broadcasts to my client and subscriber base, something I could to do with my usual email software, [Mac]Mail. Works very well on my Mac. I sue the subscriber option which allowed me to install the software on my isp's server. cost effective and looks to my readers as coming directly form me.

Minpunten: The reporting could be improved(?) if we could be sure the receiver has actually 'opened' the email, or merely saw the summary on their device, especially the case for people who receive the email on there mobile device. I haven't figured out how file management works on the system yet.

Terrific Basic Service for Digital Marketing

Beoordeeld op 5-1-2019
Kirby S.
proprietor
Consumentenelektronica, 2-10 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Very Good!

Pluspunten: Great product for the price We use Direct Mail to manage our customer base for two separate target audiences. The service is helpful and easy to use, being able to create, reuse and modify previous campaign flyers, driving traffic to our websites, providing useful metrics, keeping our database relevant when clients change email addresses or are no longer interested in receiving annoucements. Overall DM has worked well for our small business. We cannot afford to invest in other CRM services such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, GetResponse or other email marketing services. DirectMail fulfills our current needs.

Minpunten: Wish the interface were more user friendly
Wish there were more customization tools for the templates

Nearly Perfect

Beoordeeld op 3-8-2019
Stephen R.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have maintained various mailing lists and mailings over the years and DirectMail has always been the perfect tool for me. Now that I am retired and I only use the app to organize my monthly dinner parties, it has scaled down nicely and is still the perfect tool.

Pluspunten: Easy organization makes easy to maintain compliance with all laws and common decency.

Minpunten: It doesn't bend to my personal case use, but I could hardly expect it to.

Excellent application. Fairly easy to use. Good interface design.

Beoordeeld op 23-1-2018
Craig P.
Marketing Coordinator
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Best means (by which users are honored in terms of their time for messaging) to communicate with various constituents.

Minpunten: Often have to retype names of messages as the app updates indiscriminately. Would love to be able to stop sending, then start again without starting at the beginning of the mailing list.

I love using this program

Beoordeeld op 15-3-2018
Sid L.
Presiden
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I love using this program. But best of all, when my computer damaged a key file, I sent it to Direct Mail. They sent an auto email saying it would be repaired in 24 hours. They sent the file back in two hours and it has worked perfectly ever sense. I highly recommend this program and company.

Minpunten: I would love this program to some how tie into the Outlook database so I only have 'one' set of contacts.

A great all-around DM solution

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2017
Gianni C.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Great Templates, Ease of use and customization, Very good analytics. Renders very well on all kinds of devices and there's plenty of additional testing functions. The automatic management of unsubscribers is also very handy. For someone with zero previous DM experience but wanting to send out a weekly newsletter this is fantastic value for money.

Minpunten: Can't think of anything specific even though I would like to group reports (i.e. comparing flights of the same campaign or issues of the same newsletter. Presently I export to Excel but it would be practical to have these inside.

Alternative to MailChimp

Beoordeeld op 7-6-2019
Pittershawn P.
Writer
Tekstschrijvers, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Wonderful! Amazing app and great experience so far.

Pluspunten: It is very easy to use and provides the basic bells and whistles needed to track any campaign.

Minpunten: I know it is not possible, but there needs to be a way to track reasons why a person would file a report. I've experienced people I've known well reporting me, rather than merely unsubscribing. One I called up and she said she did it by accident. Not even sure how that can be an accident, but ok. It would help to understand user behavior with clear reasons to get a better sense of what I might have done wrong with a user, so I can avoid certain pitfalls in the future.

Amazing

Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018
Ray M.
Co-Founder / Fine Art Photographer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great product. Great customer service!

Pluspunten: It does everything I'd ask for in an email blast program -- localized software, easy to import, create groups, build templates, send out mail campaigns, collect online data, link with other software, etc.

Minpunten: The only one thing that I don't like about it is -- if I schedule a number of emails (over the course of the week) and new subscribers come in -- those new subscribers won't get my already-scheduled emails. Because of this, I can't schedule more than 1-2 days of emails.

A Great email marketing application

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2019
Bob R.
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Having used Direct Mail for many years I can attest to the effort put into keeping it fresh. The customer support is outstanding.

Pluspunten: Well thought out and updated on a regular basis, you can tell that the developers of Direct Mail take pride in their product. It is a solid and stable application that I have relied on for years to do my email marketing campaigns for clients.

Minpunten: As with any application you always say, I wish it did x, but nothing significant enough to warrant inclusion here.

Great value for a non-professional user

Beoordeeld op 14-12-2018
Gianni C.
Olie en energie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have used DM for Mac for several years and found it truly powerful and complete. Even the novice user will appreciate powerful yet easy to use features such as automatic unsubscribes, bounces or complaints, helping you keep your mailing list clean and well-managed. Hundreds of templates make sure you can find the format that's right for you and then customize with graphics, logo, etc.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, editor, templates, address manager

Minpunten: I would like an option to compare performance of weekly newsletter

Best emailer software I've ever used

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2018
Caryn C.
Web Development Coordinator, Student Services
Hoger onderwijs
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Does what we want, when we want, and we know exactly what the client will see, which is essential in complicated multiple-option emails.

Pluspunten: Easy to customize, easy to make the final look good AND easy to check every email to make sure imported exactly as you wanted.

Minpunten: No metrics server in Canada. (A legal requirement for our usage if we want to get stats.) Otherwise, we'd be using it every day to contact our students and prospective students.

Great Mail Manager at a great price

Beoordeeld op 6-8-2018
Lloyd S.
Pres
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Been using it for years and never a problem. Clean, easy interface. Can handle your emails through your own servers or theirs--software is free to use if you use their servers. If you have a small list to manage, that is even free. They are constantly updating to software.

Pluspunten: Easy to use, works well, they continually update. Software is free if you use their servers, and they have reasonable pricing tiers.

Minpunten: Nothing really. It works well, just as advertised

Super cheap emailing service.

Beoordeeld op 10-5-2018
Clint P.
Digital Marketing Manager
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Affordable enterprise level email management system.

Pluspunten: I like that they offer the one time payment for their software in order to use it with your own email servers. It provides a super cheap option for enterprise level emails.

Minpunten: You get what you pay for. With their one time payment option you don't get much customer service and you'll need to maintain your own servers.

Using this software since years - great value for money

Beoordeeld op 1-2-2018
Roberto V.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great value for money. Forget MailChimp or others, where you pay a lot when your mail lists grow ...

Pluspunten: You can buy a one-time fixed "SMTP" licence and use the software without any transactional costs. We send hundreds of thousands of emails without an costs and great convenience. The product never failed to work and is easy to use.

Outstanding e-mail marketing app

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2018
Bob R.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Consistently improving and enhancing the application. Great value for the money. Outstanding customer support. Excellent selection of easily, editable templates.

Minpunten: Occassionally requires reading the user guide to get a handle on some of the functionality. Not so much a con as operator laziness.

Beautiful App

Beoordeeld op 5-6-2019
Jason W.
Financiële dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's helped me design beautiful looking email broadcasts, great design and content + the feedback reports post transmission are really terrific, showing how many clicks, how many opened, what email client the recipients are using, fantastic platform.

Pluspunten: I bought Direct Mail years ago and it continues to impress me with its functionality, ease of use and clean look & feel. Really easy on the eyes in keeping with MacOS tradition, this app is simple enough for novices and has plenty of features for expert level users. Great alternative to MailChimp and other similar platforms.

Minpunten: I really can't say anything bad about the app to be perfectly honest...

The best decision I've made for my newsletters was moving to Direct Mail

Beoordeeld op 4-5-2019
Robin lee H.
Novelist
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been using Direct Mail for about 8 years and have recommended it to many friends. The two times I've needed customer service/tech support, the issue was handled quickly.

Pluspunten: I love that the software takes care of subscriptions, both new and those who unsubscribe, without me doing anything.

Minpunten: Can't think of anything that I don't like.

Mature Mac software experience

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2018
Paul N.
musician / band leader
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It's a joy to use - the management of addresses is easy and flexible - which, of course, is vital. It takes the grunt out of the job. The accumulated statistics are really useful.

Pluspunten: Several factors come to mind. 1) It keeps me on the straight and narrow (ie very occasionally I've had subscribers, yes legitimate subscribers, complain that I've sent spam. When this happens I'm alerted in a really helpful way. 2) The software keeps pace with the changes in law regarding unsolicited emails - something that as a micro business I have little time for.

Minpunten: I can't think of anything to complain about.

Great program for managing and mailing to lists for business, music promotion, etc.

Beoordeeld op 27-12-2017
Ed D.
Personal
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Easy to use and easy to manage lists, messages and campaigns. Can get new message campaigns off quickly.

Minpunten: Takes some getting used to. Using images could be easier. Would really like an iOS version that would work with an iPad Pro.

Fairly intuitive and full featured.

Beoordeeld op 1-5-2018
Alan B.
Design & Print
Detailhandel
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: ease of use all 'round

Pluspunten: Works well with Mac.
Very quick and helpful support.
The website is full of useful tips and advice.

Minpunten: Can't edit source code when using builtin templates.
Only runs on Mac.
Some features undocumented.

Excellent application. Easy to use. Great value for money.

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2018
Daniele S.
Product Marketing Manager
Bouw, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The product never failed to work and is easy to use, easy to customize, excellent selection of editable templates.

Minpunten: I actually cannot think of any cons. It works perfectly and has never given me problems and the updates are excellent.

Wonderful piece of software

Beoordeeld op 18-7-2018
Ricardo C.
CBO
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I love the fact that i can use my private server to send emails from my company, and the ability to track my emails

Minpunten: I wish you could disable the bottom of the message that says "this email is sent using directmail for mac"