Gemiddelde scores

4,6 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,5 /5

Over Direct Mail

macOS-app met een leuke en gebruiksvriendelijke e-mailsjablooneditor, tools voor lijstbeheer en inzichtelijke campagneanalyserapporten.

Meer informatie over Direct Mail

62 reviews worden weergegeven

Terry L.
Photographer
Fotografie
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2017

"The latest version is great, major improvements and great for my business"

Opmerkingen: It's on my Mac rather than being in the cloud.

Pluspunten: There are online email companies but I always find them a bit awkward. I first tried Direct Mail years and years ago and it was okay and did a job but this year they have updated it which has made the software fantastic. The email design is really easy and simple with some great free templates built in while still giving you flexibility should you need it to customer deeper. I've changed my current newsletter styles over to the new ones and it's given them a fresh new look and total compatibility no matter what device the emails are read upon. Being able to delve into who has looked and even clicked is a real big plus point for managing my marketing and I can really target further contact by this response. You can, of course, buy email credits from them or use your own email sending system. I personally use both, credit from them for my loyal customers and potential customer (the list is huge) through my own servers (it's cheaper for me this way). Oh, and it also links with y database system - Daylite which helps keeps everything organised an on track.

van e3 Software op 7-11-2017

Thanks a million for the review, Terry! We are really glad that you are liking the new update.

I wanted to let you know that we added some great cloud features to Direct Mail a little while ago. You can now save your projects to the cloud, access them from any Mac, and even sync and collaborate with other users. More info is available at our website.

Thanks again!

• Beoordeeld op 6-11-2017
Carrie H.
Producer
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-4-2020

"Direct Mail made me happier and swear less (and saved me money)"

Opmerkingen: Direct Mail has meant it takes me about one fifth of the time to compose and send an email campaign (compared to MailChimp). The user interface means I'm more confident about writing emails because I don't end up fixated on all the fidgety formatting and targeting issues I had on MailChimp. I've probably increased the number of EDMs I've sent out by about 80% because of how easy it is to use Direct Mail. I've had a much better engagement rate from my lists, and I swear at the computer a whole lot less.

Pluspunten: I switch to Direct Mail from MailChimp and have no regrets. I basically love everything and can't choose one. I love the fact I can work on campaigns locally on my computer without being online and not in a browser. The lists and address management is simple yet agile. I've been able to integrate the sign up form on to my website very simply without needing a third party plugin. The emails I send are irregular, - some months I might send thousands, and others none at all - so the pricing structure is ideal for my business model. I'd never be able to sign up to a program that was charging a monthly subscription fee.

Minpunten: It was a bit difficult to get in touch with customer support while I was figuring out the software, and it would be good if there was a community forum for users to exchange knowledge and tips. I ended up abandoning my original idea and using a workaround because it took too long to be able to contact customer support (I'm based in Melbourne, Australia, so the time zones don't easily match up).

• Beoordeeld op 20-4-2020
Ole S.
ICT engineer
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-1-2021

"Great program for managing email lists for mac users"

Pluspunten: Easy to use and a very good and fast support

Minpunten: Nothing, for me it has been the perfekt e-maillist administration program

• Beoordeeld op 15-1-2021
Pascal G.
Publiceren, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-7-2018

"Sending mails from an external database was easier before"

Opmerkingen: Time

Pluspunten: It is doing what I want. Connect to an external database, send mail via an externa provider. But things are not working so well. The thing is that data in database are evolving and, in the new version, I have to re-right the request to the database each time in different adress group coming from different database. Spam test is not working. Preferences ares sometime not kept, situation on the screen for exemple.

Minpunten: Again it does exactly what i want but less easier than previous version . Main point is database connection.

van e3 Software op 17-7-2018

Thanks for your review, Pascal. If you are having any trouble with importing, spam tests, or preferences, please contact our support team and they'll be happy to get things straightened out. Thanks!

• Beoordeeld op 13-7-2018
Yon H.
Computergames, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-10-2019

"Longtime Love Interest"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience has been wonderful. This is a pro-level tool that every small, indie, business should make great use of. It is light on the wallet and there every time you need it.

Pluspunten: What I like most about this software is that it is there just when I want it. There is no needling "missing you" emails, no fees for when I have a busy time and just can't get to it and no fuss on telling me how to make my emails better. It is an all around pleasure.

Minpunten: What I like least about this software is that it has such a tight complaint algorithm. I, totally, understand why and the reasoning for this. I am aware the industry is traditionally squirley about spam reporting. Not saying any company has handled it better than this software. However, as a business who tries hard to deliver information with lots of paths for people to opt-out, it always amazes me when people simply forget they opted-in ;)

• Beoordeeld op 24-10-2019
John S.
NA
  • Beoordeeld op 21-5-2018

"Great Software but AWFUL management and support after"

Pluspunten: One of the easiest and good looking mail sender on the Mac have used it for years. (not anymore though)

Minpunten: You have to pay them to send using your SMTP, which is fine, but as soon as you offend their very strict rules they disable the whole part of the sending process, meaning the softwares useless. Then thats where you find out the support is AWFUL, as it seems to me theres only 2 people that work there, they refuse to talk on phone, and despite promises when chased up, they don't answer emails. genuinely terrible.

van e3 Software op 28-5-2018

Thanks for your review, John. Sorry that you had a bad experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service (via email and live chat), and are grateful for the many five star customer service reviews we've received here and on other sites.

In order to maintain a high quality of service, we ask all of our customers to agree to an anti-spam policy that forbids the use of illegal or purchased email lists. If that policy is violated, we are happy to explain how to resolve the issue. However, we are not able to help customers who repeatedly harass and threaten our employees.

• Beoordeeld op 21-5-2018
Stephen R.
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-8-2019

"Nearly Perfect"

Opmerkingen: I have maintained various mailing lists and mailings over the years and DirectMail has always been the perfect tool for me. Now that I am retired and I only use the app to organize my monthly dinner parties, it has scaled down nicely and is still the perfect tool.

Pluspunten: Easy organization makes easy to maintain compliance with all laws and common decency.

Minpunten: It doesn't bend to my personal case use, but I could hardly expect it to.

• Beoordeeld op 3-8-2019
Gianni C.
  • Beoordeeld op 13-12-2017

"A great all-around DM solution"

Pluspunten: Great Templates, Ease of use and customization, Very good analytics. Renders very well on all kinds of devices and there's plenty of additional testing functions. The automatic management of unsubscribers is also very handy. For someone with zero previous DM experience but wanting to send out a weekly newsletter this is fantastic value for money.

Minpunten: Can't think of anything specific even though I would like to group reports (i.e. comparing flights of the same campaign or issues of the same newsletter. Presently I export to Excel but it would be practical to have these inside.

• Beoordeeld op 13-12-2017
Ray M.
Co-Founder / Fine Art Photographer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018

"Amazing"

Opmerkingen: Great product. Great customer service!

Pluspunten: It does everything I'd ask for in an email blast program -- localized software, easy to import, create groups, build templates, send out mail campaigns, collect online data, link with other software, etc.

Minpunten: The only one thing that I don't like about it is -- if I schedule a number of emails (over the course of the week) and new subscribers come in -- those new subscribers won't get my already-scheduled emails. Because of this, I can't schedule more than 1-2 days of emails.

• Beoordeeld op 20-9-2018
Paul N.
Sole Trader
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 27-4-2020

"Enthusiasm"

Opmerkingen: The reports keep tabs on and flag up bounces and soft bounces - such facilities leave me free to draft the content.

Pluspunten: This is mature mac software that grows over time. I have been using it for years and in the work place I have a handful of softwares that are the business. In addition to doing what is asked of it reports are chelated and exported effortlessly. A potentially drudge job becomes a pleasure with this, the right software.

Minpunten: I haven't found anything to complain about yet.

• Beoordeeld op 27-4-2020
Marty M.
Operations Manager
Milieudiensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-6-2019

"If you knoow what you're doing - DirectMail is the best"

Opmerkingen: Having used a range of programs - DirectMail certainly gives you the most hands on experience. The biggest draw back is being app-based; while most competitors are all online - but this is what also provides the biggest advantage in terms of tools and functionality.

Pluspunten: Control of the whole process - from HTML editing to subscriber management to design and spam testing - it's fun to work with.

Minpunten: No online tool. Reporting is limited, there aren't enough ways to compare and contrast. Very hard to export reports and data in bulk. Hard to get examples out as PDF / Image filles.

van e3 Software op 27-6-2019

Thanks a ton for your review, Marty! Much appreciated!

I wanted to mention that the latest version of Direct Mail includes expanded options for exporting report data and for exporting your messages as PDF files. You may want to update and take a look. Please reach out to us with any questions or feedback. Thanks!

• Beoordeeld op 26-6-2019
Doug J.
Principal
Managementconsulting, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 21-8-2019

"Tracking Readership for a small business"

Opmerkingen: As I learn all its features I like it more and more

Pluspunten: Once I had figured it out, with some help from helpful 'Help' people at Directmail, it has been extremely useful to me in doing was email broadcasts to my client and subscriber base, something I could to do with my usual email software, [Mac]Mail. Works very well on my Mac. I sue the subscriber option which allowed me to install the software on my isp's server. cost effective and looks to my readers as coming directly form me.

Minpunten: The reporting could be improved(?) if we could be sure the receiver has actually 'opened' the email, or merely saw the summary on their device, especially the case for people who receive the email on there mobile device. I haven't figured out how file management works on the system yet.

• Beoordeeld op 21-8-2019
Kirby S.
proprietor
Consumentenelektronica, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-1-2019

"Terrific Basic Service for Digital Marketing"

Opmerkingen: Very Good!

Pluspunten: Great product for the price We use Direct Mail to manage our customer base for two separate target audiences. The service is helpful and easy to use, being able to create, reuse and modify previous campaign flyers, driving traffic to our websites, providing useful metrics, keeping our database relevant when clients change email addresses or are no longer interested in receiving annoucements. Overall DM has worked well for our small business. We cannot afford to invest in other CRM services such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, GetResponse or other email marketing services. DirectMail fulfills our current needs.

Minpunten: Wish the interface were more user friendly
Wish there were more customization tools for the templates

• Beoordeeld op 5-1-2019
Craig P.
Marketing Coordinator
  • Beoordeeld op 23-1-2018

"Excellent application. Fairly easy to use. Good interface design."

Pluspunten: Best means (by which users are honored in terms of their time for messaging) to communicate with various constituents.

Minpunten: Often have to retype names of messages as the app updates indiscriminately. Would love to be able to stop sending, then start again without starting at the beginning of the mailing list.

• Beoordeeld op 23-1-2018
Sid L.
Presiden
  • Beoordeeld op 15-3-2018

"I love using this program"

Pluspunten: I love using this program. But best of all, when my computer damaged a key file, I sent it to Direct Mail. They sent an auto email saying it would be repaired in 24 hours. They sent the file back in two hours and it has worked perfectly ever sense. I highly recommend this program and company.

Minpunten: I would love this program to some how tie into the Outlook database so I only have 'one' set of contacts.

• Beoordeeld op 15-3-2018