SEO powersuite is an awesome bundle but their updates are pricey

Beoordeeld op 23-7-2019
Dustin D.
Director of UX development, social media and SEO/SEM
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Besides the ridiculous algorithm updates I have enjoyed seo powersuite, taking the updates into consideration, however, it is very disappointing.

Pluspunten: I love the features of powersuite. My favorite is the site audit and keyword tracking functions. The tools have a lot to offer and can cover most of the bases of SEO tasks.

Minpunten: The algorithm updates come as a surprise after you already dropped X amount on the software. It is very discouraging. The app has to be installed and is not on the cloud, which is also falling short on the competition.

Great suite of powerful SEO research tools

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2019
Jason H.
Web Developer
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I do not perform SEO constantly, it is not my main job. So paying every month for something I do not even use every month really hurts. It's great that I don't have to with this since I was able to get the whole suite for a single price (which was lower than the standard because of a hefty sale, which you may want to wait for another of if you are considering purchasing). I haven't had a chance to fully explore the features but it's obvious that all 4 pieces of software have a lot of features and functionality.

Pluspunten: I really like that the software is available as a one-time purchase rather than the monthly fee that many SEO tools require. It gives you a LOT of very powerful tools for finding out what your website is ranking for, what you need to focus on, where your links are coming from, good places to try to get links, keyword research, etc. A ton of features, I honestly haven't dug into them all but glad they are there when I need them.

Minpunten: I don't love the interface. I realize some degree of complexity is necessary because it is so powerful, but I would prefer a simpler interface for the most common tasks, like looking up keyword difficulty and competition. I would much prefer to do my keyword research on an interface like KWFinder, for example, if it wasn't a monthly fee. I would also prefer if all 4 apps were just combined into 1 app, I'm not really sure the reason for splitting it into 4. However there may be a good reason I'm not aware of.

Your all-in-one SEO (power)suite

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2018
Nik D.
Owner and CEO
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Quick, easy, and pretty reports along with accurate data to present to clients (and prospective clients) was my biggest benefit.

Pluspunten: I've been using the PowerSuite (alongside other tools) for over 2 years now. For the price, options, and ease of use, you really can't beat it. My favorite part of the entirety of the PowerSuite is the reporting. You want to do a quick site audit and send a summary along to a potential client? Boom, easy and customizable. Also, a really cool feature, since this isn't a SaaS program, is being able to save your projects in their cloud, so you can load it from any one of your computers.

Minpunten: They are 4 separate programs on your desktop. While some of the power comes from being an an actual executable program, it's still a bit cumbersome. It would be nice if alongside the desktop programs, there were also some "lite" SaaS apps to go along with it.

stay away from this software

Beoordeeld op 7-4-2019
Jasmin T.
Vastgoed, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: no pros, please read the main comment in cons i wrote

Minpunten: firstfully, dont you see the comments here, they are all nont reviews from the real people :) anyway, i have been using this software for about year, after that i picked other softwares like Screaming Frog and other and my life changed. this software does not provide accurate audit or spy results AT ALL. if u use other software like AHREFS, SEMRUSH etc and compare their audit and spy results, tey are similar but way out of what SEOPowersuite can do.
Very poor audit, very poor backlinks spy, very very poor content audit which they put their priority on being the best.
that is not all. the worst is yet to come. i bought this software and paid pretty much money for it. The licencce they claimed to be selling was the lifetime licence.
After 6-7 months or so, i got a notiffication that my subscription has expired and that i need to buy somekind of algorithm subscription which costs for all my software pack about 200 USD.
i wrote them and asked what is going wrong there, i never bought a software with subscription (i would never have bought itif it was subscription based). they ignored me as if i was so blind and stupid not knowing that they were offering subscription based software. i was writing them and asking to send me kind of contract with me or anything that can prove what they claim and they never wrote back.
I reported this company for scam and deception to German and European authorities. Now waiting what happens after that will be suing this company for what they do

van Link-Assistant.Com op 8-4-2019

Jasmin, we're sorry to hear you feel that way about your experience. We've checked the records and found that our manager replied to all of your emails (we place much value on customer satisfaction and never ignore requests/complaints).

We find it's important to clarify a few things. An SEO PowerSuite license is lifetime - you purchase it once and forever (with all the bug fixes and feature updates). The minor monthly subscription you mention is charged for keeping the software inline with all the multiple data sources it's integrated with. It also covers the use of multiple cloud services, such as cloud storage of your data, rankings & backlink data updates, etc. We can't provide all these services for free, since the main ongoing cost is on our side, but unlike the SaaS solutions that monetize on monthly charges, we keep the costs minor to only cover the real usage expenses. And the information about these fees is present on each and every 'Buy' page on our website.

Some features don't work

Beoordeeld op 10-3-2019
Kantoorbenodigdheden, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: In the early days it was 5/5 however, their total lack of concern for paying customers is worrying. Fix your software! Simple.

Pluspunten: It is fairly simple to use (when it works)

Minpunten: Rank Tracker stopped pulling in SEO info from Google in November 2018. I raised the concern as I am a fully paying customer and was made to feel it was my PC. After playing email ping-pong for close to two months, an SEO Powersuite employee/engineer rang and dialed into my laptop. It appears the issue is Google have changed the look and feel of their dashboards and SEO Powersuite has not updated their system to talk to the Google API key correctly. I was told by SEO Power Suite that 'an update' would be out in about 6 weeks. We are now on week 12 and the software is still broken. As it stands, SEM Rush provides better overall information and suite of tools.

van Link-Assistant.Com op 3-4-2019

Thanks for your feedback! First off, we're really sorry to hear you've had issues with the tool and would like to clarify a few things.

"Rank Tracker stopped pulling in SEO info from Google in November 2018" It seems, you're talking about the issue with Google MCC accounts. Yes, due to the specific settings of MCC accounts, 3d party tools can't easily integrate with it. However, there's a quick temporary workaround for this - you can add a free non-MCC account and connect it to Rank Tracker. Surely, we understand that this could be not so convenient for some of our users, that's why we're working on the solution that will let you get all the necessary data without connecting any Google Ads account at all. Everything will be processed on our servers and delivered to you instantly without any additional setup. This solution is planned to be released within a few coming weeks. Hope you'll get a chance to try out the updated tool in the nearest time!

The most useful SEO suite for small companies

Beoordeeld op 23-1-2019
Omar L.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use 3 of 4 programs included in SEO Powersuite: Rank Tracker, SEO Spyglass and Website Auditor. After many failed attempts, we decide stop using Link Assistant for linkbuilding tasks.

Pluspunten: Lots of features, works in all operative systems, frequent updates and improvements, unlimited use.

Minpunten: Don't use all ram available in your computer (even stop working sometimes in big projects), add new features but never deprecate unused ones. Automated reports have little personalization options.

van Link-Assistant.Com op 24-1-2019

Hi Omar,

Greatly appreciate your feedback!

Did you know you can extend the memory limit and let SEO PowerSuite use maximum available resources? You can check out the instructions here:

Also, could you please shoot us a message to [email protected] with some feedback on the report personalization options you're currently missing?

We're thinking of reworking our reporting functionality this year, and will try to cover all our users feature requests.

All in one solution to manage seo projects and organize link building

Beoordeeld op 13-6-2018
Muhammad T.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Desktop based search engine optimization software make it easy to work and manage projects with a single tool. SEO Powersuit has everything that we need to manage SEO and SEM of any website.
Frequent updates and search algo updates keeps the software in line with current trends of SEO
Reporting is very good to keep the customers updated regarding their website ranking

Minpunten: Search Algorithm updates prices have been doubled as compared to last year.
Its no more onetime solution you need to pay a huge amount to keep your software updated.

Great Program for Tracking Website SEO Function

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2019
Douglas C.
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: SEO PowerSuite is another program I use regularly to monitor the function and popularity of my websites. The detailed information it provides helps me to understand how visitors arrive on my sites and what they do while visiting. That helps me to understand the demographics of my visitors and also where my marketing and advertising activities are producing best.

Pluspunten: I like best the volume of metrics tracked by this program. Beyond simply providing an evaluation of SEO, it also gives me other metrics that help me to better understand how my websites are doing.

Minpunten: The only drawback to this program is also its greatest strength - the volume of data it provides. It can seem a bit overwhelming at times and I find myself consistently checking the same data I deem more important while reviewing the other metrics less frequently.

Good but needs overall improvements

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2018
Internet
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Has a nice suite of programs that can help with different aspects of seo.
I would work exclusively with this program but it has some issues with it ( pricing mostly ).
Good customer support. When i needed them, they were very helpful and fixed some incompatibility my antivirus had with seo powersuite.

Minpunten: The most annoying thing was to figure out their pricing. On their website the pricing is not clear and after you buy the program you are faced with extra charges.
Also, the algo updates are getting more expensive.

Great all-in-one SEO tool but needs improvement.

Beoordeeld op 3-9-2018
Erwin S.
SEO Specialist
Sport, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: If you're working or have an SEO agency, you will love the reports it can generate. The programs can be slow at times, but they have regular updates to combat it.

Pluspunten: It has 4 different programs for all your SEO needs. You can do rank tracking, site auditing, backlinks analysis and many more. They have regular updates to make sure the programs work well. Generating reports for your clients is fast and easy. It creates beautiful and easy to understand reports. They even offer a free version but you can't save your work.

Minpunten: For me, pricing is their weakness. In my opinion, even though it includes 4 different programs it is still overpriced.

Most affordable tool for complete SEO management

Beoordeeld op 11-3-2018
Sharjeel S.
Associate Vice President | Digital Marketing
51-200 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: SEO powersuite has 4 different product packaged in one solution. This helps a lot, as it quintessential for SEO in any organisation. There are many tools available however, this is the best value for money.

Minpunten: They need to improve he UI. The software is desktop based and not SAAS. Hence, it takes time to load and quite slow in first time operation. Also the software is too complex for beginners.

One pack for all SEO tasks

Beoordeeld op 8-10-2018
Maria M.
Social Media Specialist
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use SEO PowerSuite for like 3 years already and it helps us with all our SEO tasks: rank checking, site audit, backlink research and what not

Pluspunten: The pack includes 4 apps but my favorite one is WebSite Auditor. It finds aaaaalll technical issues on a website. I’ve managed to detect so many things I was unaware of like broken links, etc. It will show you everything that needs to be fixed. You are even provided with recommendations on each SEO factor so you don’t need to spend hours on Googling. Their new visualization feature is amazing, it’s so beautiful and handy! Really cool!

Minpunten: Sometimes it’s difficult to find some features or not clear how to use them so I have to contact their support team. They always help but I’d prefer not to spend so much time on that.

Good software, but be sure you know what the terms of use are

Beoordeeld op 7-6-2017
Tim G.
Conversion Manager
Vastgoed, 51-200 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Rank tracking, keyword analysis, competitive SEO tools

Pluspunten: rich interface, good functionality. Developers are responsive to changes in the market from Google and others.

Minpunten: separate products to perform complementary functions, and features that we thought we had already paid for had to be renewed to ensure continued support from the developer. I suppose this is a fairly commonplace practice, but we found that without the SE updates the software was soon useless and we were forced to subscribe even though we thought we had bought the software.

The "Algo" Will End You

Beoordeeld op 26-6-2019
Adrian D.
SEO
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like that it has a lot of features. Generates nice reports for clients.

Minpunten: I purchased the lifetime license. However, I wasn't aware that the software would be rendered completely useless unless you purchase the monthly "Algo". Deceptive sales tactics to make you think you're getting something for life. They gave me 6 months of algo updates and then after that, I have to pay monthly. On top of that, the algo updates have jumped up in price considerably. I can't get a refund and just overall a bad experience. Save your money and don't make the same mistake I made.

Top Spec & Amazing Software | Super Easy to Manage for Beginers as I'am

Beoordeeld op 29-6-2019
Przemyslaw G.
Artist
Grafisch ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Qucik and helpful customer support response, amazing product worth every single penny includes mothly few quick after 6 months, as very normal you need to pay for things like captcha or other service. Even Oven at home need a regular service! :P

Pluspunten: Dashboard colours are great, functionality and tools are so amazing that on first look you can recognize that it has been done by Super Humans!

Minpunten: I like it ALL! Nothing to not like about it!

Does not mention hidden fees for features but lucky I looked at it properly before purchasing.

Beoordeeld op 25-3-2018
Con S.
Freelancer

Opmerkingen: Rubbish

Pluspunten: Based on the LinkAssistant (I uninstalled after all the hidden fees arising) Nice interface, some cool tools such as the backlink finding tool that allows you to add keywords, select the type of backlinks you want, etc. However, there is a hidden fee for a fully automated process of this.

Minpunten: There are 4-5 parts of the SEO Powersuite (E.g. think of Microsoft Office with Word, Excel, etc.). Based on LinkAssistant part of the program: 1. It's very misleading with how you purchase the software with hidden fees not mentioned. From what's advertised, you supposedly get the software and licence for a lifetime. It fails to mention certain features have to be paid for all the time. Understandable you need to make money still but extremely sneaky. Turned off. 2. In relation to the above, There are a few applicationsCAPTCHAS have to be entered manually (and there's quite a few. Had to do about 30 and still had more to go but gave up!!). This should be automated already but here is the hidden fee for automated CAPTCHAS where it works out expensive per site as supposedly it uses thousands of CAPTCHAS just for a small site! How would anyone use the manual CAPTCHA? This makes this part of the program useless. 3. Search Algo Updates is another paid service for these guys. It's offered free for 6 months but then have to pay some overpriced fee. This is just from some minor research as well so who knows what else they have in store for you. So here's my question, what are you purchasing? Unusable software?

SEO PowerSuite has saved me HOURS

Beoordeeld op 3-9-2018
Dorothy H.
Freelance Copywriter
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: SEO PowerSuite has literally saved me HOURS upon HOURS of time compiling competitor analyses and backlink profiles, as well as keyword research and tracking. Calculating based on man-hours alone, SEO PowerSuite has had to have saved me thousands of dollars for my business already!

Pluspunten: I can track any amount of keywords for unlimited sites no other tool offers this. I can custom the reports or download any page. Generates nice looking audits out of the box.

Minpunten: More customizations for reports. As it is, Google Data Studio is still my go-to tool for report-creation. I'd love to see more native freedom in this area.

SEO Powersuite is a powerhouse for all the marketers out there.

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2018
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I'm currently using Website Auditor from SEO Powersuite and I love how deep this software is. You can go crazy using this tool. It has all the possible features you can ever think of which an auditor needs to have. Personally, it's my favorite for auditing website. I have used it for several of my clients know and I think it's a complete value for money.

Minpunten: Talking about the cons, to be honest, I haven't found any cons yet. If I find it in the near future probably I'll make sure that I update it here.

Beoordeeld op 27-2-2018
Péter P.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Try and get anything fixed

Beoordeeld op 10-7-2017
John M.
Investor
Cosmetica, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Minpunten: Every version breaks something, half the apps are not usable for me. When you lodge a ticket it's head in the sand stuff, it's you not us. Then a month latter OH yeh it is a problem. Currently, the Google local parks are not showing up in rank tracker. Link tracker is useless as it has been full of spam links and has been that way for a few months. The apps restart by themselves and dump the cache. Lots of pop up notices they stop you doing what you were doing. They really need to get their head out of the sand make their product work a little better. Some of the functions work are handly, but you need to double check then because there could be a bug.

By far the most comprehensive software for all SEO tracking and analysis

Beoordeeld op 27-4-2018
SEO/SEM & Digital Marketing Strategist
Internet, 13-50 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Working in a marketing agency, SEO is important. This powersuite has several software platforms all aimed at analyzing all of the aspects of an SEO position: backlinking, meta descriptions, structures, social buzz etc... Great platform and it takes minutes to analyse a site. Also, it links well with Google Analytics, which is a must.

Minpunten: The only thing about this is the price and the notifications at the bottom right, once your algorithms have been updated.

Good software but something else is probably a better option

Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: SEO Powersuite can be a powerful group of software to improve your SEO. However, I have found it to be kinda slow and time-consuming, most people will do better with software run on the cloud.

Pluspunten: Has a free version and the "full" version can be purchased quite cheap when on sale. The suite offers a ton of useful features and tools.

Minpunten: After 6 months you have to pay for updates to get maximum use from the software.
You also have to mess with proxies and Captchas which can be annoying and time consuming,

Robust and easy to learn SEO option

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2018
Kevin M.
Agency Owner | Digital Marketing Specialist | Copywriter & Content Creator
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We’re finding gaps and opportunities in our own SEO Plan as well as our customers’.

Pluspunten: The platform is a total SEO solution, from keyword research to website audit to linking strategy...This software has it all!

Minpunten: The free options are somewhat limited and the package prices are a bit steep if you’re a small business just starting out. Could be preventative.

Beoordeeld op 15-10-2017
Michael H.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Great review and trendfinding.

Beoordeeld op 27-7-2017
Yisrael S.
Marketing Director
Telecommunicatie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The Website Audit. Competitive analysis based on keywords. pulls data from Search, Analytics and AdWords. Rank Tracking. Cloud storage of company files. Ability to work on multiple companies at once.

Minpunten: It is a java application which slows the computer down. I've had it fail to open a few times. customer service.