Over CANVAS

Het meest bruikbare, aanpasbare en betrouwbare leerplatform (met 99,9% uptime) voor universiteiten en K-12-scholen.

Meer informatie over CANVAS

I can find answers to just about any question I have very quickly with the online community or I can call and get direct help. If I can think of it, Canvas has a way to do it.

Also students sometimes 'get lost' on Canvas, and upload their work in the wrong place, try to communicate via alternative channels, etc. Students also complain about poor mobile layouts.

Beoordelingen van CANVAS

Waar voor je geld

CANVAS heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 3.567 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je CANVAS eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (3.567)

Laura
Graduate Student
Civiele techniek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Excellent for Academics

4,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Cha
Cha
Technical Support Engineer 1 (I5) in Japan
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

CANVAS offers us the opportunity to acquire its services through trials.

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: CANVAS is one of the main programs that we put on to increase education and knowledge of the area with the staff of the company, thanks to the ease and good interface that this program has, it allows us to provide you with an adequate master's degree and impart the most relevant information of the company. which will be of great help for future activities, CANVAS offers us the opportunity to acquire its services through trials and free versions, thanks to this platform we can use them at all times and expose our content through methods and activities on the web that It will be very helpful, in order to speed up with these tests the learning of the work methodology and how to achieve profit for the company.

This platform provides the best tools to expose information and constantly train our support staff, it is these students who benefit from the easy integration of CANVAS that allows them to understand much of the information guide that we want to teach them, there are many benefits when you have a program that would train you with the new co-workers who request an opportunity to operate within the company, imparting the knowledge that could be reinforced thanks to the support of this program, I really like how practical and dynamic each one of the projects that are taught by this means, this with the aim of approving the student body to reinforce their skills in this area, CANVAS is undoubtedly one of the best spaces where it allows us to teach order and administrative efficiency when working and performing in our company.

This program may be a bit basic, this is because the tutorials and guides for its users may be very limited, having the opportunity to further expand its functions in other areas, that is, it may be a bit more versatile for the training of other types of more complex programs that require more practice and theory before implementing them in the company, the potential that this program has is very great, although it also does not have the integration of more common programs in the use of administrative offices, this can be a great point that play against them.

Carolyn
Faculty in VS
E-learning, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Canvas

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Canvas has been very positive. The LMS is easy to use for instructors and learners and offers the options for multi-media, classroom management, and student record keep as many of the other costly LMS.

Canvas is an affordable, ease to use LMS that offers the opportunity to level the educational playfield bu=y providing a cost-effective systems for offering online learning. It offers the same features as costly LMS such as D2L.

The Canvas Studio is glitchy at times with reported problems uploading videos by learners.

Miguel
Doctoral Candidate in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

Useful and powerful, if you can figure it out

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Canvas has numerous features that do make it very powerful. The ability to create entire courses, modules within each course that connect the assignments/tests/etc. into one place, pages that can be used to provide information, including embedding videos & lessons are all phenomenal. The ability for the system to automatically score and calculate grades real-time for students is also fantastic.

The software is not intuitive. I used Canvas as an undergraduate and graduate student and have used it to teach college courses in the past, over the past several years, and I am still unfamiliar with numerous features (e.g., integration). If I haven't used a specific feature in a while, it is often really hard to try to figure out how to do it. I often end up having to search a video tutorial to figure it out. I do appreciate Canvas posting tutorial videos on social media sites to teach how to use the software.

Ariya
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Review on Canvas

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: As a user of 2 years and counting, I am very satisfied with my overall experience with Canvas and am very likely to share it with others. It is software that will continue to be used in the future; it's a major improvement to online learning.

This software is very well organised with minor issues. I think as a user of 2+ years, I am extremely satisfied with the software. Although there are some minor improvements to be made, I believe that this software is the future of remote higher education.

I think my major complaint about this software would be the fact that hiding and/or deleting certain courses' cards/lists isn't an option. When one year is over and another begins, half of the courses still on my dashboard can be considered clutter and are no longer needed. I think another feature that would make organising easier is editing the name of the course on my dashboard. Organisations usually title their courses in the same format with minimal changes which does make it harder to differentiate from one another. Adding subtle features that allow for personalising your dashboard without compromising the content of the courses would be helpful, I believe.

collin
geospatial analyst in VS
Biotechnologie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Canvas

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

It is very easy to navigate around Canvas and know where things are. You have access to a calendar which shows all of the due dates for your assignments. You can join a classroom through Canvas if your course requires it. The grade book is helpful for knowing what your grades are for each course.

I think getting logged out frequently gets annoying.

uğur
uğur
Student in Turkije
Schoolleiding, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

With CANVAS learning like a game.

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with this program was very practice.

We are using this for my little sister from high school she study with CANVAS after school if she doesnt understand her daily lesson exactly.With regularly using her success increase everyday.

I'm happy that using CANVAS so i haven't any bad aidea about it.

Ian
Ian
EL Tech Consultant in VK
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

A good LMS to select for your online delivery

4,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Canvas is one of the easiest software to use. It has a good range of tools that can be embedded into your courses making the custom learning experiences. The support from the Canvas community is fantastic and you can search for anything and find an answer. Canvas also have a commons area which allows you to share any media / lessons and even complete courses. There is also a free for teachers version which allows you to fully test out Canvas.

The design / look and feel is locked which can be an issue if you are trying to create something different. As it is a LMS it will always suffer from a locked down approach although with a little bit of code the look can be improved. But as a product it is very stable and users have never had issues using Canvas.

Consultant C2 in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

One of the best Learning Management Systems!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience with Canvas has been great. Compared to the traditional systems of keeping track of grades and assignments over papers, Canvas has made life easier. I no longer need to make note of my upcoming deadlines and grades in a notebook, since I can get all this information from the software.

Canvas is a very useful software and is one of the best Learning Management systems can be utilized by schools to better manage their systems. It has a great user interface, which help even beginners to navigate it easily, and this is a very important aspect since school going kids can easily use the software. The navigation is smooth on desktop/laptop and there is also a mobile application. The notifications will be sent from the software and also one can get them via email. This is super useful in keeping things digital and avoiding excessive wastage of resources like papers and pens.

There are not many big issues I have faced while using Canvas, but at times the notifications get delayed. This is not major unless there is a critical notification that needs immediate attention.

Account Executive in VS
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers

Great system for any school system

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Working in Canvas was always easy. I liked having the ability to communicate with professors and other students easily through the canvas portal.

I wish there was better training for professors. Each professor had their own way of doing things and some didn't understand the capabilities of canvas so they didn't use it to it's fullest.

Tallapally
Tallapally
Application Developer in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 10.000+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

The best LMS I've ever used

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I had a good experience with CANVAS, this tool helps a lot for students in finding the syllabus and keeping track of information/updates and assignments.

User friendly UI. Easy to use for any level students.

The grading tool doesn't grade efficiently.

Deepali
Self Employed in Australië
Internet, 2-10 werknemers

Canvas - A full range of online training apparatuses

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Excellent

1) Gives inward correspondence, not needing an external message or email framework. 2) Incorporates a file sharing structure for informative materials inside the framework. 3) Gives an evaluating stage that is distinguishable by students and instructors.

Record names used to be shortened - however that is fixed at this point.

Emil
manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Canvas for Teachers

5,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It's extraordinary for instructors, coaches, distributers or anyone with any interest in making better approaches to learning. It helps structure your plan interaction and assists you with settling on the most ideal decisions route. We need everybody to have the option to utilize the Canvas and that is the reason offer it for nothing! Assuming you really want a little assistance with utilizing the material.

Advanced education instruments that play pleasantly with others. Rubrics. Modules. Schedules. Plans. Tests. Prospectuses. Investigation. Speed Grader! (Signal heavenly messengers singing.) Canvas has so many master bang includes that will add flair to your courses. Furthermore, we could go on and on about the combinations. The Canvas API pals straight up with apparatuses like Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Adobe, and many other innovation accomplices to convey one brought together learning center point.

Instructors are influential individuals doing significant, groundbreaking things. Material doesn't impede that-it simply makes those significant, Canvas is groundbreaking things more straightforward to do and simpler to share.

Jim
Jim
Assoc VP for IT in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

The Last LMS You Will Ever Purchase

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: As a staple in higher education, online and hybrid learning have played a central role in offering courses to a geographically dispersed demographic of students. Canvas provides this ability with a solid product and reliable up time to help us meet these goals.

A very powerful platform with a low threshold for adoption and ease of use. Our instructors rave about the intuitiveness of the course builder features and functionality. Since the pandemic, nearly all of the institution's thousands of courses have content online in Canvas - including the traditional in-person classes.

Integration with our student information system required some additional outside services to that students, courses, and grades could be synced in real time in order to give students immediate access once enrolled for the class.

Christian
Instructor-Biology in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

CANVAS-A Great LMS

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Canvas has made my job as a professor more fluid and convenient. It has saved me many hours of time and has provided my students with a great tool to succeed in college. I have a very positive opinion of this LMS and am glad my institution uses it. There are some things about it that I am not too happy with, but the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

The thing I like most about Canvas is the user interface and the ease of use. Canvas makes it very easy to provide students with all course materials that used to be copied and handed out in class. Not only does this save time and effort, but it is great for the environment. I have been trained several times on Canvas though it is quite easy to learn and use. Once you become accustomed to the nuances of using it, you start to appreciate its design. I really appreciate the tools that are available with Canvas such as the attendance feature and the ability to integrate publisher's materials.

The thing I like least about Canvas is the lack of ease of importing test banks from publishers. I am not sure if this is due to Canvas or the publishers. But I try to avoid using quizzes as much as possible. I hate to type 60 questions and answers for each test and for each class. I usually give 5 exams per class and I typically teach 3 different classes.

College Student in VS
Tekstschrijvers, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Canvas - The Best Online Classroom A Student Can Ever Have!

5,0 9 maanden geleden

What I love most about Canvas' software was how simple and easy it is to use. It is the one platform that I have used for six-to-seven years that has allowed me to feel connected to my fellow students and professors most even during classes that were strictly online. It has options like a calendar that automatically shows you all of your assignments on their due dates a weekly and monthly glances. It has neatly color-coded panels that allow you to divide up and access your courses easily. It even has a built-in grade book so students can manage their grades, estimate their overall course grade using the built-in grade estimation system so they aren't in the fark about their grades the whole semester. It even has a feature where students can email other students and teachers directly through Canvas and a system where students can record themselves saying their name so it won't be mispronounced! There are so many other tools to name and I love that so very much about Canvas. For its inexpensive price, accessibility, and variety of tools, I would wholeheartedly recommend Canvas to any school or teacher to use.

While it's hard to pick out something that I didn't like about Canvas, I would say that the test and assessment grading system could use some improvement. It's a challenge for students and teachers alike to enter numerical equations that require certain formats such as scientific notation, for example, and it would be wonderful if that could be improved for future use. Even so, Canvas still has a great grading system for other courses that do not require equations and such so I still very much recommend it to anyone.

Nicole
Nicole
Academic Advisor in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Unique uses

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Canvas is flexible enough to allow us to implement courses for unique purposes outside the traditional college course (online or with online support). I have built a course framework in the LMS for a semester-long class, with traditional assignments, grading, etc. (The gradebook and SpeedGrader are great.) However, it's also let my team create information hubs and portals, using Mastery Paths to direct different people to different resources, and offering flexible components (such as "mark as done" vs. actual assignments) that allow courses to stay evergreen throughout multiple semesters without having to be recycled. I've been able to use Canvas not only as a LMS platform for moving learners through courses and content, but to provide training and information and instruction on programs and processes.

Canvas is flexible and has great integration with certain add-ins, including Microsoft Office, Zoom, Ally (an accessibility checker tool), and Echo360, which are the ones I use the most. It allows authors to integrate a variety of content in a way that makes sense, and the grouping of modules and content is convenient and easy to change. The support forums are also typically very helpful. There are plenty of tools that I haven't even gotten around to using to their full potential, i.e. the calendar, chat features, rubrics. I haven't used them this way yet, but the Mastery Paths feature would be excellent for providing personalized learning experiences or implementing pre-tests.

I wish there was a more sophisticated way to subscribe to certain types of notifications (e.g. certain threads within discussion topics). There's limited ability to author courses within the LMS, and you mostly have to rely on content you create or import yourself. When used for nontraditional purposes (e.g. providing a central hub for students in an honors program, rather than students in a particular class), there have been some issues with our SIS integrating correctly with Canvas. This also may just be an issue with my campus' implementation of Canvas, but I wish that you could have 1 page linked to multiple courses and that updating it in one place made the updates in all the courses in which the page existed; this would help for centralizing information. There are no templates or pre-created objects and libraries, which again may be an issue with my particular campus rollout, and also just a general downside of open-source products.

Managing Editor in VS
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A huge step up!

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: As a student in several certification courses, I'm largely just relieved by the move away from Blackboard since my time in university! Canvas works reliably—it's always a relief to know that you'll be able to access your course when you need to—and has a variety of compelling features that really benefit the online learning experience, including well-designed quizzes and interactive forums.

I feel that the quiz tool is one of the best assets to online learning I've seen in recent years. With our virtual learning system in which back-and-forth conversation (a more traditional lecture style) is not currently possible, the quiz tool allows instructors to gauge student knowledge and understanding of everything taught so far, without requiring a grade for accuracy. So much more powerful than the old-fashioned approach of requiring a weekly forum post to promote "engagement"! Canvas has a huge variety of learning tools that really enable instructors to customize their teaching styles. Instructors who use it to the best of their abilities really empower their students to learn, even in this crazy virtual world.

The platform can be difficult to navigate at times—it's not a particularly intuitive design—and materials can get lost or overlooked (not a great situation when grades are involved!). In addition, it doesn't always play nicely with certain web browsers or ad blockers. If it's best accessed under certain settings, that should be clearly communicated!

Maritza
Assistant Professor in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Design Your Dream Course on Canvas

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Designing online course content has been easier with the use of Canvas. It has made teaching in an online setting much more rewarding as I am able to focus more on students and their learning instead of spending time trying to figure out how to use software.

The intuitive design features and ease of use are great! You can create a great course in a short amount of time and you can share courses with colleagues for this purpose, too! If you're new to online course design, Canvas is definitely the platform to use. It also has design features for more advanced users that let you customize your content even further. There's definitely something for everyone here - whether your a new online content creator or well-versed.

If I had to pick one thing it would be the actual process of integration of external software. While I love that I can integrate external software, the process is multi-step and counterintuitive. You have to secure permissions (product key or registration number externally) and separately add/activate the software in the settings feature for the course (for EACH course), and a few other steps when you actually want to use the external program in Canvas for an assignment. It does require a bit of setup and patience. The good thing is that once you do it, you're set for the term.

Rebekah
CMO in VS
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Couldn't have gotten through college (as a student and as a TA) without it

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It's interesting reading other reviews using Canvas as a tool for certification and similar modular learning. As it was used during my years at college and as a teaching assistant, it reliably got every job done well and seemed perfectly built for each small adaptation we found to use it for.

I've mentioned quite a few technological pluses in the rest of this review, but for this particular response I think the most important thing was how friendly the system was. It handled tens of thousands of us constantly logged in at my university, relayed grades instantly, never crashed while administering tests, and simply had an aesthetic layout (using our college colors!) that didn't treat you like a criminal (think of other test monitoring software) or unduly freak stressed students out with how they present grades, feedback, deadlines, and more.

Honestly, I found no faults with the software while using it as either a student or TA. Given the option however, I would have suggested integration options with other, lesser tools we used as TAs such as timesheets and hour submission portals.

Juliette
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

A Good Software with Minor Complaints

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, Canvas is a good software. I've used Blackboard before as well, but it was outdated and had a more confusing interface than Canvas. Canvas makes it easy to see and download assignments. The two minor issues with the software are the inconvenient mobile view and the notification settings.

Canvas is useful because I can see all of my coursework on one platform that is simple to use. I can organize my courses on the home page as I like, and when I click on the course, I can see modules, assignments, and tests attached to the course. Documents load very easily on Canvas, and I like being able to "preview" documents posted before downloading them.

I have two complaints about the Canvas software. First of all, the mobile version does not work well. I never downloaded the Canvas app, but did try to go on the website on my phone. The text was so small and the menus on the left side of the screen did not load well, so I could never use my phone to get on Canvas without the app. My other complaint with the software is that whenever anything was graded for a course, even if it was an older assignment, I'd get a notification. Perhaps this is just the settings set by the instructor and not Canvas itself, however.

Oragnaizer in Egypte
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

CANVAS is a great tool for Courses and International competitions.

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It's a nice program for communicating with students and is very organized. I really like to use it.

If you work in a school or a scientific competition, or if you wish to teach a class, you can use CANVAS. It's an excellent application because the grade book offers an Effective Teaching option for tracking progress against a set of academic criteria. Students and teachers will benefit from this mobile-friendly and easy tool. The largest business would be distance education, although it performs excellently in general.

It can be tough to cope with at first when using the application, and it takes a long time to publish a post on the student page. Students occasionally carried assessments in the incorrect location and took time to get acquainted with the mobile phone application.

Ryan
Ryan
Assistant Professor of Instruction in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Best of the bunch (but still not stellar)

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been a full-time professor for six years now, and before that I was a full-time graduate student for three, and an adjunct instructor for another six, not to mention the time I spent as an undergraduate myself, when LMS software was becoming ubiquitous. This means that I've used virtually every LMS package out there as either an instructor or a student (or both), and despite its bugaboos and flaws, Canvas continues to outpace the others in terms of usability, innovation, and overall quality.

I've used the Canvas learning management system (LMS) as both a student and an instructor for years now, and I can say with a high level of confidence that it is, by far, the best LMS available today. It strikes a good balance between available features and ease of use, meaning instructors have a reasonably high level of customization at their fingertips at the course level, but students won't be confused or overwhelmed since every Canvas course retains certain similarities that can't be altered (e.g., navigation). There also appears to be a great deal of control that can be exerted by administrators in terms of locking down (or opening up) features, so it can be tweaked accordingly for any given institution. There are a LOT of features available to instructors in Canvas, and those can be expanded indefinitely by adding third-party integrations.

There are a range of frustrating quirks, missing features that require hack-y workarounds, confusing user interface issues, and inexplicable limitations that regular users will run into with routine use. For example, if you create an assignment and enable peer reviews of that assignment, it is difficult for students to figure out how to access the documents they are supposed to evaluate. Once they do find them, the embedded document editor is buggy and limited, and occasionally fails to save student edits. On top of all of this, if peer reviews are set to "anonymous," the embedded editor is disabled entirely--not just for students, but for the instructor as well, making it impossible to make inline comments or suggestions. Even more frustrating is the Canvas/Instructure support website, with its arcane, verbose design and overreliance on "community" message boards instead of dedicated agents to solve problems.

Lorraine
ELearning Designer, Owner in VS
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Canvas - Secure E-Learning Platform for All

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Positive. The Canvas guides, videos, Community and help desk are really fabulous. Being able to access the answer to development questions 24/7 is a game changer for motivated learners. For personalization and differentiation Canvas supports mastery paths which when built carefully give this platform an innovative edge for teachers. Canvas continues to improve their product with every update. Canvas is aware of industry trends and learners needs and makes sure their platform exceeds expectations.

When Canvas became our LMS for e-learning I was delighted. Having a secure, self-contained platform was a game-changer for teachers and students. Using SSO (single sign on) enabled users to access their classes easily and without fail. The course customization and integration with other tools (OneNote, Google, Flipgrid, Formative, etc.) made advanced users look like wizards of course design. The calendar feature which allows students to track and plan for assignments empowers learners. Canvas was ahead of the curve when it comes to individual feedback. Their voice or video comment feature has been personalizing the virtual classroom for years. Canvas is great for Professional Develpment especially with the discussion feature. Learners can respond to and interact with one another asynchronously and this authentic interaction benefits students and teachers alike.

There were times when the customization features were not enough in Canvas. The platform itself is not visually appealing at first. The user has to carefully desing the course, beginning with the end in mind, to make it visually appearing and navigable for the learner. Additionally, it may just have been our district instance but the integration with PowerSchool gradebook was both a plus and a minus. Teachers loved that interaction as it saved so much time grading. When that interaction had glitches it was a nightmare and sometimes difficult to solve or to find the root cause. This was often the fault of browser updates or software bugs, not Canvas.

Louisa
Louisa
Marketing en reclame, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Canvas in three words: reliable, convenient, and innovative.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Canvas has been incredible. From my days using the platform at my large public high school to my current use of Canvas at the University of Pennsylvania, I have found it to be extremely instrumental in fostering my learning. The landing page for each of my courses presents the necessary information, such as grades or quizzes, in a way that is consistent across the platform, yet also enables professors to customize what different links to information appear in order to allow them to design a page which best fits the scope of their course and its associated assignments. I have loved using Canvas, and look forward to doing so throughout the rest of my college career!

I first used Canvas long before I ever even entered college as a high school student. However, throughout the years the platform has always remained extremely easy to use and provided me stable and secure access to my course content. With the advent of online learning brought on by the pandemic, I began to use Canvas even more this past year as a current junior in college. Reflecting on my increased use of the platform over the past year, I can appreciate how Canvas has remained not only reliable and convenient to use, but also innovative in that they have continued rolling out updates which make the platform even better, such a the "like" feature which enables students to engage more with their classmates' responses on discussion posts.

The one feature which could be improved on Canvas would be more clear instructions on how to update your profile photo! One of my professors requested that we change our profile photos to a picture of ourselves last week, and while I was eventually able to do so successfully, it took me a little but to figure out where to take this action.

Kudzai
Kudzai
LMS Administrator in Zimbabwe
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

CANVAS - Easy e-learning Setup

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is easy and quick to set up even for no technical people. It is a reasonable cost depending on usage.

The first thing I noted about Canvas is that when creating content, the page looks like an MS Word document. This makes creating pages with content easy as the learning curse is very gentle. There is very little need to be technical. It is more a matter of formatting rather than getting to know the software platform itself. The dashboard is clean and modern with easy navigation on the left sidebar for courses, account information, calendar, inbox and help. Your default home is your published and unpublished courses. On the courses tabs, are announcement and conversation icons that notify if a course has issues you need to attend to in a specific course. The settings menu is straightforward with nothing cryptic even for non-technical people. Setting up courses is a breeze with a 'Course Setup Checklist' button available inside each course shell you create. There is a walkthrough for each element of a course from content to publishing your course. If you have an existing course you can simply import the course with several formats supported including but not limited to Blackboard, Moodle and zip. For educators at various institutions, they can just import and customize where the need arises for the different institutions. Assessment types include quizzes and assignments. It also integrates easily with other services like Google Drive, Office/Docs and others.

Video elements management needs improvement, the thumbnails are poor quality and very small. There is no option to edit them. To get a good visual of Office elements needs embedding the content hosted somewhere else. Natively on the platform PDF and PPT display poorly with just vertical scrolling. Exporting An exported courses from Canvas is in a custom format that is not compatible with other LMS platforms. This makes it hard to move between platforms. There not much customization of learning elements compared to other LMS available. Some of the support documentation is dated and needs updating.