Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over CANVAS

Het meest bruikbare, aanpasbare en betrouwbare leerplatform (met 99,9% uptime) voor universiteiten en K-12-scholen.

Meer informatie over CANVAS

I can find answers to just about any question I have very quickly with the online community or I can call and get direct help. If I can think of it, Canvas has a way to do it.

Also students sometimes 'get lost' on Canvas, and upload their work in the wrong place, try to communicate via alternative channels, etc. Students also complain about poor mobile layouts.

Beoordelingen van CANVAS

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

CANVAS heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 3.944 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je CANVAS eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (3.944)

Laura
Graduate Student
Civiele techniek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Excellent for Academics

4,0 3 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Giorgi
Giorgi
Head of Examination board in VS
E-learning, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

If you want high quality lecture ppts, you should try this app

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall i definity encourage my colleagues and students to use this application for poster and ppt presentation

Preformed tamplated save my time. Biggest advantage is customizable and user friendyl interference

More tamplates and maybe more medical related gifs

Sam
ESOL Coordinator in VS
Schoolleiding, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

One Stop for All

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It is a huge environment that allows you to have a lot of documents/PPTs, etc. for your students.

Canvas is all encompassing and can house pretty much everything for a classroom or central office staff.

Although I really like Canvas, at times it can take several clicks to get where I want to go.

Staunton Highschool in VS
Schoolleiding, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Canvas review

3,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Very good used it for history in school and we loved it

Assignment sorting, Access ver simply, and self learning

Takes a very very long time to open sometimes.

Destiny
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Canvas is worth it!

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Great experience! I’m even using Canvas at the Masters level.

I love the ease of use of Canvas. It is easy to navigate, easy to submit assignments, easy to email professors and others classmates, easy to access grades, class information, etc.

Nothing- I love the app and desktop version altogether. Love how I receive email notifications when grades are posted assignments are graded, emails are received, class announcements etc.

Elena
Customer Care Representative in VS
Automotive, 201-500 werknemers

Love Canvas!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

I have been using Canvas since I started my college degree four years ago and I’ve been using it ever since then. I absolutely love how easy canvas makes it to manage all of your courses, it doesn’t matter if you’re taking one or five. The ease of access allows you to see what to do via the to do list, you can see your grade percentages easily, you can get notifications for announcements and posted grades, etc. Canvas has made my college experience so much easier.

There isn’t really anything that I don’t like about campus, everything is so easy to understand and use.

Angie
Angie
User Interface Junior Engineer in VS
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers

Dissatisfied and Frustrated College Student

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I'm not satisfied with my experience with Canvas. It's not the easiest to use. Something I would like to see is the Canvas website integrating with the Apple Watch or Google Calendar so I can stay up to date with my classes.
Logging into Canvas is cumbersome since it's a 3-4 set process.

I like the sidebar the most since it doesn't take up a lot of space on the page and is clear about what it has.

If you don't download the app, you won't be notified of any missing assignment; it would be nice if it sent a notification to your email. For example, my class requires us to post on the discussion board but there is never a notification if someone has commented or replied to your post. The card view seems pointless to have since it's an extra and unnecessary step. I would prefer the list view to have the classes in different colors instead of different pictures with the same blue overlay.

Merriel
CEO in Jamaica
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Canvas review

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

What i like about canvas is that it makes my work easier and flexible.

What i did not like about canvas is the interface to be somewhat cluttered or overwhelming at times , especially when navigating through various features and setting. Additionally occasional technical glitches or inconsistencies in the platform performance which can be frustrating when trying to complete a tasks.

Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 10.000+ werknemers

Canvas for Higher Education

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Canvas is easy to navigate for the most part and is great for collaborating with other students for projects, including communication and sharing documents.

Although I found Canvas mostly easy to navigate, I had classmates who would have preferred detailed tutorial videos for Canvas' features.

Sagar
AM in India
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

Good app to use

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Very smooth app and easy to operate. I really recommend to others

Well everything is really very good in this app CANVAS

Teferi
Teacher in Ethiopië
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

The problem in finding online learning is a serious issue but canvas platform make an ease for use.

4,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have almost two years of experience that foster my teaching capabilities.

The way everything arranged is exciting for students and also for those who need help for finding resources.

Everything on canvas has a great positive energy for pushing students forward.

Marketing Manager in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Canvas is the clear winner

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with CANVAS has been terrific. It's made me feel more confident as a student, and has saved me valuable time because I can always find exactly what I need for my weekly assignments thanks to its modern-style dashboard and advanced functionality. A true winner for all students, both young and old.

As a returning student attaining an MBA through an online program at a state university, I spent the first several semesters suffering through Blackboard. Like CANVAS, Blackboard is a learning management system used by today's higher education institutions. However, I always found it to be difficult to navigate and challenging to use. Recently, my university switched to CANVAS. I was nervous at first because, while I was no fan of Blackboard, I feared CANVAS might be worse. Thankfully I was completely wrong. CANVAS features a clean dashboard where all of your courses, assignments, grades, discussion boards, and other online learning tools can easily be accessed. It's extremely user-friendly and I had become a skilled CANVAS user in under an hour. I used to dread accessing Blackboard, but now I welcome accessing CANVAS instead.

There is literally nothing to dislike about CANVAS. Even those new to online learning will find it simple to use and extremely flexible.

Prashant
Graduate Assistant in VS
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Good offering but bad user interface

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, the product is pretty easy to use and easy to onboard new users on the usage of the product as well. For certain features, a 'help' section would have been useful but there are ways to get around and learn how to use a functionality present in Canvas.

Most useful feature is revisiting the previous courses and going through the material that was covered in those courses. Typically, in other similar software, this is disabled after a certain period of time but Canvas keeps this feature open. The product is definitely easy to use as apart from showing the current courses, it also displays the upcoming deadlines and announcements that comes in very handy as soon as a user logs into the system and navigates to the home screen

The worst thing about this product in a lack of search functionality. Manually going through the complete list of options/courses/documents or whatever is present in the Canvas to find one required element is time-intensive process. A search feature would have been really useful in quickly searching what we are looking for.

Ariya
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Review on Canvas

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a user of 2 years and counting, I am very satisfied with my overall experience with Canvas and am very likely to share it with others. It is software that will continue to be used in the future; it's a major improvement to online learning.

This software is very well organised with minor issues. I think as a user of 2+ years, I am extremely satisfied with the software. Although there are some minor improvements to be made, I believe that this software is the future of remote higher education.

I think my major complaint about this software would be the fact that hiding and/or deleting certain courses' cards/lists isn't an option. When one year is over and another begins, half of the courses still on my dashboard can be considered clutter and are no longer needed. I think another feature that would make organising easier is editing the name of the course on my dashboard. Organisations usually title their courses in the same format with minimal changes which does make it harder to differentiate from one another. Adding subtle features that allow for personalising your dashboard without compromising the content of the courses would be helpful, I believe.

Machine- en installatiebouw, 201-500 werknemers

The Blackboard Slayer

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The benefits of canvas over blackboard make it the clear winner. It built the habit of checking my grades and checking the schedule for more work really easy and convenient.

Canvas is a flexible learning management platform that integrates well with zoom, panopto, proprietary websites, and more. It helps students take exams and submit homework with reliable automatic grading and robust grade calculations. It does a good job at providing an efficient interface between teacher and learner, and helps students make better study habits. Very happy user of CANVAS

The biggest drawback of using canvas is easily the possibility that an administrator doesn't set their course up efficiently. However, this is no fault of the platform itself as many make it perfectly easy to use and reliable.

Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Site is satisfactory, app needs work

4,0 5 jaar geleden

I've been a full-time student for the past 10 years and all the institutions that I've been attending have used canvas to post grades and make announcements. I have never had any complaints about the online website. It is easy to customize the main page to see exactly which courses you are in and it gives you the ability to arrange them in the order that you see fit, with your most important classes place in the more visible areas of the website. On the right side of the page there is an announcement bar where updates from your professors are easily seen and any new grades that have been posted are showing as well. Canvas also gives the professors the ability to organize students into groups for certain projects and also too give quizzes and tests. Professors also can upload PowerPoints, handouts, and other sources of material, which are easily downloaded through the website which automatically packs all the files, if multiple, into a zip file for your convenience. Overall, I've had a good experience with canvas and I would recommend it to institutions that are looking for a reliable, convenient way to communicate to students and facilitate courses online.

I don't really have any negative things to say about the software itself. The only issues that I have had are with the app, which I have used both on Android and Apple devices. When clicking on pop-up notifications for new grades being posted or sometimes other announcements, the app opens but it does not take you to the desired notification. When faced with a blank screen, you need to restart the app and manually go to where the notification was trying to direct you.

Administrative Assistant in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

One of the Better Learning Management Systems on the Market

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When I heard that my work was switching from our old custom-built learning platform to Canvas, I was excited. Having already used Canvas as a student, I knew that we would be switching to a much better quality experience. Canvas is overall easy to deploy and use. Though for the leading learning management system on the market, you would wish some of its rougher edges, such as navigation, would be ironed out. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to most as a quality learning management system.

It is easy to see why Canvas is one of the most well-known and well-used learning management systems by schools and colleges across America. Its simple customizable interface, mobile app, and many integrations are definitely a step up from moodle, blackboard, and other more common systems of a generation ago. I have used it both as a student and as a teacher. I appreciate its robust features (discussion boards, file integration, quizzes, announcements, custom pages, assignment options, html design). Classes are usually organized via pages and the "modules" page which allows the building of a customized course flow. If there is something you want to be able to post to your class website Canvas probably makes it possible, and most features have many options. Your online assignment settings can be highly customized with settings such as when the assignment in visible, what kind of submissions and documents are accepted, and what category of grade the assignment is. Likewise the online quiz/test maker is fairly robust, allowing for most question types, has some auto-grading capabilities, and offers taker-friendly features like question flagging, test timer, and unfinished question reminders. Perhaps one of its best features is its plug-ins. Canvas works with other popular providers to integrate their products into Canvas. Our school uses the very well-designed Zoom plug-in for scheduling and posting recordings for our virtual classes as well as others including WebEx and Kaltura.

While Canvas is an excellent learning management system it is far from perfect and there is still definite room for improvement. The main feature I have found frustrating is its navigation. There is no universal back button which means that rather than easily going back to a previous page you have to use a combination of your web browser back button and the course menu. Each course has a helpful customizable sidebar with major navigation links, but this is not "sticky" and so you may need to be scroll to find it on longer pages. While the online quizzes/tests are a step up for many platforms, like google forms, but not as robust as such an important feature could be. Matching questions have no easy way to tracked used answers, which can make questions with many options harder to track. Adding alternative answers for fill-in-the-blank questions can be cumbersome. Not all plug-ins are of equal quality either, but this is probably at least partly the responsibility of the developer. The mobile app works well in general but occasionally I have seen issues such as auto-rotating video screens or issues with certain quiz questions.

Ryan
Ryan
Assistant Professor of Instruction in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Best of the bunch (but still not stellar)

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been a full-time professor for six years now, and before that I was a full-time graduate student for three, and an adjunct instructor for another six, not to mention the time I spent as an undergraduate myself, when LMS software was becoming ubiquitous. This means that I've used virtually every LMS package out there as either an instructor or a student (or both), and despite its bugaboos and flaws, Canvas continues to outpace the others in terms of usability, innovation, and overall quality.

I've used the Canvas learning management system (LMS) as both a student and an instructor for years now, and I can say with a high level of confidence that it is, by far, the best LMS available today. It strikes a good balance between available features and ease of use, meaning instructors have a reasonably high level of customization at their fingertips at the course level, but students won't be confused or overwhelmed since every Canvas course retains certain similarities that can't be altered (e.g., navigation). There also appears to be a great deal of control that can be exerted by administrators in terms of locking down (or opening up) features, so it can be tweaked accordingly for any given institution. There are a LOT of features available to instructors in Canvas, and those can be expanded indefinitely by adding third-party integrations.

There are a range of frustrating quirks, missing features that require hack-y workarounds, confusing user interface issues, and inexplicable limitations that regular users will run into with routine use. For example, if you create an assignment and enable peer reviews of that assignment, it is difficult for students to figure out how to access the documents they are supposed to evaluate. Once they do find them, the embedded document editor is buggy and limited, and occasionally fails to save student edits. On top of all of this, if peer reviews are set to "anonymous," the embedded editor is disabled entirely--not just for students, but for the instructor as well, making it impossible to make inline comments or suggestions. Even more frustrating is the Canvas/Instructure support website, with its arcane, verbose design and overreliance on "community" message boards instead of dedicated agents to solve problems.

Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

It's ease of use, mobile experience, and ease of administration outweigh the features it lacks.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are able to get detailed analytics on use not only from our students but from our instructors. We are able to build customizations utilizing the API.
We are now in a hosted solution with a beta server, test server and production server that is maintained and updated every week or 3 weeks depending on the server.

Canvas from an administrator side is incredibly easy to work with. Installing addons takes just seconds in comparison to the fear I experienced in installing anything in Blackboard, and the confusion I experienced trying to set anything up in D2L. One of the deciding factors in moving forward with Canvas was ease of use for our faculty and students. If Canvas was not easy to use our transition would have been near impossible. It's mobile app is excellent for students and they are in the middle of improving their faculty mobile app now. They have an incredible Community that has asked most of the questions you have and someone has provided the answer you're looking for. There are also folks that create customizations and share those with everyone to help improve your workflows. They also let you in on the development process and share with your their progress and let you beta test things for them. I love having a beta server, test server and production server to work with that is always up to date. Lots to love about Canvas.

There are some features that are lacking from Canvas that we are attempting to work around or build customizations for. 1. Set Discussion boards to need grading after x number of posts. Right now it says it needs to be graded after the first post and will not notify the instructor once they have submitted the required amount of posts. This isn't as big of an issue when there are due dates but a majority of our courses do not have due dates. 2. It's Outcomes capabilities are lacking. They have plans to improve on this but it may be awhile. 3. They are releasing a new quizzing tool in 2018 which we are excited for but are worried about how we will need to go about migrating quizzes.

Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A huge step up!

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a student in several certification courses, I'm largely just relieved by the move away from Blackboard since my time in university! Canvas works reliably—it's always a relief to know that you'll be able to access your course when you need to—and has a variety of compelling features that really benefit the online learning experience, including well-designed quizzes and interactive forums.

I feel that the quiz tool is one of the best assets to online learning I've seen in recent years. With our virtual learning system in which back-and-forth conversation (a more traditional lecture style) is not currently possible, the quiz tool allows instructors to gauge student knowledge and understanding of everything taught so far, without requiring a grade for accuracy. So much more powerful than the old-fashioned approach of requiring a weekly forum post to promote "engagement"! Canvas has a huge variety of learning tools that really enable instructors to customize their teaching styles. Instructors who use it to the best of their abilities really empower their students to learn, even in this crazy virtual world.

The platform can be difficult to navigate at times—it's not a particularly intuitive design—and materials can get lost or overlooked (not a great situation when grades are involved!). In addition, it doesn't always play nicely with certain web browsers or ad blockers. If it's best accessed under certain settings, that should be clearly communicated!

Christian
Instructor-Biology in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

CANVAS-A Great LMS

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Canvas has made my job as a professor more fluid and convenient. It has saved me many hours of time and has provided my students with a great tool to succeed in college. I have a very positive opinion of this LMS and am glad my institution uses it. There are some things about it that I am not too happy with, but the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

The thing I like most about Canvas is the user interface and the ease of use. Canvas makes it very easy to provide students with all course materials that used to be copied and handed out in class. Not only does this save time and effort, but it is great for the environment. I have been trained several times on Canvas though it is quite easy to learn and use. Once you become accustomed to the nuances of using it, you start to appreciate its design. I really appreciate the tools that are available with Canvas such as the attendance feature and the ability to integrate publisher's materials.

The thing I like least about Canvas is the lack of ease of importing test banks from publishers. I am not sure if this is due to Canvas or the publishers. But I try to avoid using quizzes as much as possible. I hate to type 60 questions and answers for each test and for each class. I usually give 5 exams per class and I typically teach 3 different classes.

Setareh
Electrical Engineer in VS
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Create and present your online learning materials quickly and easily with Canvas

5,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Canvas is an excellent learning management software that can make a significant difference in how instructors teach and learners learn. It provides you with various useful features that are easy to use. If you are an instructor at school or university, Canvas can help you be more productive and efficient at work.

I use Canvas for online classroom, online tests, and online training. I work remotely as a lecturer besides my reserach work, and Canvas has been really great for me. I am satisfied with Canvas. It helps me save time and be more productive. Canvas has a simple, intuitive interface that makes it easy for teachers and students to use. My students also do not have any complaints about Canvas. Canvas works seamlessly across desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones, making it easy for students to access coursework from anywhere.Canvas also integrates with a range of learning tools, including Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and Box, among others. I find Canvas integration capability very useful and critical. Canvas allows me to customize course pages and assignments to suit my specific needs.I use Canvas everyday and I couldn't be happier.

I do not have any specific dislikes for Canvas. The only thing I can mention is that it is a cloud-based platform that requires an internet connection to function, which can be problematic in areas with poor connectivity. Canvas is very reliable and secure. I recommend it.

Magali
Project Manager in VS
(Bioscoop)films, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Learn and teach comfortably with Canvas

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: You can start using this platform for your academic purposes with confidence. In spite of all the above-mentioned disadvantages, generally, the platform works without any serious problem. I’m confident that students who prefer distant learning and the teachers who like online teaching will really appreciate Canvas LMS.

The platform is very easy and flexible to navigate so, you can be sure that you’ll never be lost while searching for the material you need. Besides, you can add text, upload pictures and videos without difficulty. In addition to this if you know how to work with HTML code you can have the design you like. The next thing that I like about Canvas is that you can communicate with your teacher and fellow students easily. You can send an email to your teacher or start a chat with your classmates. Canvas is used by educational institutions for two purposes: either for creating courses that are taught exceptionally online or for blending the traditional way of teaching with online one. This platform is especially useful for students who always need to find all the material on their course online, including the textbooks, lectures, homework, individual works and of course, their grades and attendance. Canvas makes collaboration between teachers and students more effective and fruitful.

It is fascinating to know that the Canvas app is available on mobile devices. However, the app needs some improvements because some features are still not available there and notifications sometimes don’t pop up. The platform successfully cooperates and works with third-party vendors. However, I should mention that some programs do not work well and obviously they need to get improvements. And finally, there sometimes some glitches may occur but I wish the platform could work more smoothly.

Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Has its limits, but still the best out there

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There is a paid version that you can do too. It's very expensive, and we found it still didn't quite meet our needs. For universities it probably would do the trick, but if you're a small education program, stick with Free for Teacher. Even with its little hassles, Canvas is still the best online classroom you can find out there.

We use the Free for Teacher edition. When it comes to setting up courses, having assignments, files, students, deadlines, and grades set up, it's pretty simple. Not a lot of trouble getting things put together. You can integrate videos, there's a conference capability called Big Blue Button that allows all the members of the course to video in with each other and you can share screen and everything. It has been a big help allowing our students to have a portal to do their assignments, and connect with everyone in the class.

One of the nuances to Canvas that is difficult is limiting what teachers can see. By that I mean we have two different types of courses that we run. One is an individual cohort of a few students and a director. The only way to make these closed down to just these members is to create a duplicate of the course and put those members in. Not a terrible thing, but then the courses start to stack up with all the different cohorts you have going. Plus, there's not really a way to have any updates filter down into all the same semester courses. So if we want to make an update on Semester 1, we have to go into each individual course and update it. There's also no way to update deadlines when you copy a course. So I have to change every assignment's due date so it fits in the new semester's timeline. The other kind of course that we have is an open course that anyone can jump into, and then we assign a TA to grade certain students. The problem with this is that there's no way to limit the TA's view of who is in the course. So it shows them that there are dozens of students' work that needs to be graded in their To-Do List and makes it difficult for them to know when their assigned students have actually submitted anything. Haven't been able to find a work around for this yet.

Hoger onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

College course management program for students, faculty, and staff

4,0 5 jaar geleden

After my university switched over to Canvas as the preferred course management software, I was happy to finally have a user-friendly interface to work with. The menu is not cluttered and all tabs and icons are easy to find. One of the main advantages of Canvas is the ability to easily sync a school email account and get live notifications when items and assignments are posted. Professors can also setup calendars that help remind students of exam, project, and homework due dates. Students can also setup discussions or threads within their respective courses, which is useful when a lot of students have a similar question. Saves the professor time from having to answer 50 emails about the same question.

The notification system, both as a student and professor, is not the most efficient system. Canvas is meant to have a built-in emailing program. This creates a lot of confusion when students send messages via Canvas (which is linked to a school email account) and separately send messages directly from their school email. I've encountered times where it was not clear how to send a message directly to particular member of the course, and ended up emailing the entire class by accident. Professors often alternate between general email notifications and "Dashboard" notifications within Canvas. It makes it confusing for students as to where exactly to look for course related information. I find this lack of streamlining for notifications to be the biggest drawback.

Developer in Nigeria
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Are theree features you feel are missing or could be improved? Are there aspectes of the product th

4,0 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: As an avid user of Canvas, I must say that my overall experience has been nothing short of impressive. The system has made my online learning journey superb and smooth, allowing me to learn effectively and efficiently from anywhere.

Canvas is a remarkable online learning management system that facilitates collaboration and communication among students, which is crucial in any online learning environment. The collaboration and communication features are the most impactful, allowing students to share ideas and work on group projects seamlessly. The mobile access feature is also helpful, making it easier to stay connected and engaged with the course content. The assessment and grading tools are user-friendly and customizable, allowing instructors to create a variety of assessment types, saving them a lot of time and effort. The product is easy to use and very customizable, with an intuitive and straightforward interface. Finally, the integration with Microsoft Teams is seamless, making it easy to incorporate Canvas into existing business processes.

As a user of Canvas, I have found the platform to be a comprehensive and intuitive online learning management system. While I do not feel that there are any significant missing features or areas that need improvement, one aspect where I think Canvas could do better is by making the mobile app available offline. This would enable students to access course materials and assignments even when they are not connected to the internet, which would be particularly useful for those who have limited connectivity.