Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over CANVAS

Het meest bruikbare, aanpasbare en betrouwbare leerplatform (met 99,9% uptime) voor universiteiten en K-12-scholen.

Meer informatie over CANVAS

I can find answers to just about any question I have very quickly with the online community or I can call and get direct help. If I can think of it, Canvas has a way to do it.

As a student this can be confusing and frustrating as I'm constantly searching for the information I need until I learn the instructor's organizational style.

Beoordelingen van CANVAS

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

CANVAS heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 3.995 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je CANVAS eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (3.995)

Laura
Graduate Student
Civiele techniek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Excellent for Academics

4,0 4 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Teighlor
Teighlor
owner in VS
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Canvas is a great learning platform!

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, Canvas offers a comprehensive and interactive LMS experience, balancing a rich set of features with user-friendly functionality, although it may require some time to navigate the full suite of tools.

Canvas is a user-friendly LMS with easy navigation, mobile access, and robust integration with other tools. It offers effective communication channels, personalized course design, and reliable support, making it a versatile choice for educational needs.

Canvas can sometimes have technical glitches, a learning curve for complex features, and limited offline functionality. It’s a robust platform but may require some adaptation.

Sally
Undergraduate in VS
Beeldende kunst, 51-200 werknemers

Canvas Pros

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I enjoy canvas for submitting homework, posting to discussion boards, and emailing professors. I used it throughout the pandemic and it made the switch to virtual school seamless.

I’ve been using the website and app for several years for school. It has a dashboard for your classes, each of which have categories for grades, assignments, modules, discussions, external links, etc, and there’s a calendar for due dates, and a built in email for students and instructors. I really appreciate the comment section within grades. My professors that issue this function typically give advice or praise, in a convenient location instead of through email or in person. It also allows you to calculate your final grade by simply changing individual grades. It does the percentage and calculation for you. The calendar and to do also cross off things you have done and color code them to your class.

I don’t like how the To do is impossible to clear at times, it holds announcements there and assignments you can’t submit online because neither of those can be marked as complete. There is an option to “x” them but they come back when my app refreshes.

Koen
independent in België
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

terrible software

1,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: This is the most horrible piece of shit software I have ever seen, totally user-unfriendly and not robust.

I had to use this for a temporary school job; at first it looked nice.

* It's terribly complex, with mysterious hieroglyphs that show no hints if you hover over them with the mouse. So you have to click on them to find out, but then it might be too late! *Nothing works like in normal software, e.g.: - If you enter things and you click the wrong button, everything is lost without warning! - In every software, the TAB key is THE key to move to the next editbox. Here, if you hit TAB, all kinds of unpredictible things happen. * Often, weird error messages appeared out of the blue. * The information given to the user is sometimes just wrong; e.g. some task is marked as "published" and yet the students still can't see it! I needed a specialist to find out which hidden settings needed to be changed too. * Correcting the automatically given scores was a horrible task.

Jaquelin
Student in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

CANVAS-A Great Coursework Management Program

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: CANVAS is a great coursework program that provides me with organized platform to create and access my coursework. I’m very pleased with its’ simplicity yet effectiveness in cataloging courses and their attributes.

The thing I liked the most is how it integrates my schools design. It matches its colors and is aesthetically pleasing. This makes me more motivated to finish assignments and sign on.

What I liked least about canvas is how it can be a bit confusing when being messaged through CANVAS and your email at the same time.

Lara
Associate Professor in VS
E-learning, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

A versatile and reliable data-driven LMS

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I have used Moodle, Blackboard, and other LMS over the years. Canvas is the most stable and user-friendly

The ability to make changes and see them across the board on all courses of the same type in the system is a strong ability in Canvas. The tools and support in the admin panel are extensive.

Moving from Canvas to an embedded program is clunky and not user-friendly

Melissa
Professor in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

My favorite educational platform!

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Highly recommend it as a college professor.

Super user-friendly and the notifications.

Making an assignment a discussion format with peer reviews. It's a little hard to set up.

Brian
Adjunct professor in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

Canvas is good

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Very positive-I have taught my grad students to use it and taught using this CMS.

Ease of use, brief learning curve to implement.

At times videos and updates to course content do not load efficiently.

Busola
MBA Student at York University in VS
Schoolleiding, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Hands down best Portal

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I love my experience on Canvas. I have been to 3 different universities across 3 different continents and I will say Canvas is still hands down the best

I love the way it manages students records especially grades and instructor feedback. The live reminders of assignment coming due are so helpful. Used it while I was a MBA student at the York University

I am yet to observe a major issue with Canvas. I think its very good if you know how to use it plus it is simple to use anyways

Executive Director in VS
Medische praktijk, 2-10 werknemers

John Moreno

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I enjoy it. I am very familiar with the software.

It is user friendly and consistent across the board.

Instructors can build different courses to be very different. It sometimes gets confusing.

Michele
Adjunct Professor in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

Excellent way to teach

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Very easy to use...excellent way to structure course

Ease of use, love way course constructed

Did not have any issues with canvas during course construction

Marketing Manager in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Canvas is the clear winner

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with CANVAS has been terrific. It's made me feel more confident as a student, and has saved me valuable time because I can always find exactly what I need for my weekly assignments thanks to its modern-style dashboard and advanced functionality. A true winner for all students, both young and old.

As a returning student attaining an MBA through an online program at a state university, I spent the first several semesters suffering through Blackboard. Like CANVAS, Blackboard is a learning management system used by today's higher education institutions. However, I always found it to be difficult to navigate and challenging to use. Recently, my university switched to CANVAS. I was nervous at first because, while I was no fan of Blackboard, I feared CANVAS might be worse. Thankfully I was completely wrong. CANVAS features a clean dashboard where all of your courses, assignments, grades, discussion boards, and other online learning tools can easily be accessed. It's extremely user-friendly and I had become a skilled CANVAS user in under an hour. I used to dread accessing Blackboard, but now I welcome accessing CANVAS instead.

There is literally nothing to dislike about CANVAS. Even those new to online learning will find it simple to use and extremely flexible.

Prashant
Graduate Assistant in VS
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

Good offering but bad user interface

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, the product is pretty easy to use and easy to onboard new users on the usage of the product as well. For certain features, a 'help' section would have been useful but there are ways to get around and learn how to use a functionality present in Canvas.

Most useful feature is revisiting the previous courses and going through the material that was covered in those courses. Typically, in other similar software, this is disabled after a certain period of time but Canvas keeps this feature open. The product is definitely easy to use as apart from showing the current courses, it also displays the upcoming deadlines and announcements that comes in very handy as soon as a user logs into the system and navigates to the home screen

The worst thing about this product in a lack of search functionality. Manually going through the complete list of options/courses/documents or whatever is present in the Canvas to find one required element is time-intensive process. A search feature would have been really useful in quickly searching what we are looking for.

Ariya
Student in VS
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Review on Canvas

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a user of 2 years and counting, I am very satisfied with my overall experience with Canvas and am very likely to share it with others. It is software that will continue to be used in the future; it's a major improvement to online learning.

This software is very well organised with minor issues. I think as a user of 2+ years, I am extremely satisfied with the software. Although there are some minor improvements to be made, I believe that this software is the future of remote higher education.

I think my major complaint about this software would be the fact that hiding and/or deleting certain courses' cards/lists isn't an option. When one year is over and another begins, half of the courses still on my dashboard can be considered clutter and are no longer needed. I think another feature that would make organising easier is editing the name of the course on my dashboard. Organisations usually title their courses in the same format with minimal changes which does make it harder to differentiate from one another. Adding subtle features that allow for personalising your dashboard without compromising the content of the courses would be helpful, I believe.

Blake
Director of Information Technology in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

This is what an LMS should be!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We switched to Canvas when our school went 1:1. This was a key component of the success of our program.

This LMS has become the hub of my classroom. It holds both students and teachers accountable with complete tracking of assignments.

It could have better integration with our SIS (FACTS), but I think this is more of an issue with FACTS.

Eduardo
Student in Mexico
Hoger onderwijs, Zelfstandig ondernemer

CANVAS to Learn

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: CANVAS is superior to blackboard, even though we could argument blackboard is more complete, it is "0" user friendly therefore as a student it is hard to get the best out of the software. Thanks to CANVAS´ simple approach it is very easy to navigate once you had 2 or 3 courses and you can easily find what you are looking for. I sincerely recommend CANVAS.

Very user-friendly interface, easy to find what you are looking for with clear icons and titles being displayed. For general areas such as courses, dashboard and calendar they are easy to use, and you can even add reminders to your calendar besides those posted by teachers.

Sometimes, once you are inside a class within the software it may vary drastically from teacher to teacher. The software allows for customization therefore it can cause confusion for students for there is not only 1 format to visualize the classes.

Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Site is satisfactory, app needs work

4,0 5 jaar geleden

I've been a full-time student for the past 10 years and all the institutions that I've been attending have used canvas to post grades and make announcements. I have never had any complaints about the online website. It is easy to customize the main page to see exactly which courses you are in and it gives you the ability to arrange them in the order that you see fit, with your most important classes place in the more visible areas of the website. On the right side of the page there is an announcement bar where updates from your professors are easily seen and any new grades that have been posted are showing as well. Canvas also gives the professors the ability to organize students into groups for certain projects and also too give quizzes and tests. Professors also can upload PowerPoints, handouts, and other sources of material, which are easily downloaded through the website which automatically packs all the files, if multiple, into a zip file for your convenience. Overall, I've had a good experience with canvas and I would recommend it to institutions that are looking for a reliable, convenient way to communicate to students and facilitate courses online.

I don't really have any negative things to say about the software itself. The only issues that I have had are with the app, which I have used both on Android and Apple devices. When clicking on pop-up notifications for new grades being posted or sometimes other announcements, the app opens but it does not take you to the desired notification. When faced with a blank screen, you need to restart the app and manually go to where the notification was trying to direct you.

Administrative Assistant in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

One of the Better Learning Management Systems on the Market

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: When I heard that my work was switching from our old custom-built learning platform to Canvas, I was excited. Having already used Canvas as a student, I knew that we would be switching to a much better quality experience. Canvas is overall easy to deploy and use. Though for the leading learning management system on the market, you would wish some of its rougher edges, such as navigation, would be ironed out. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to most as a quality learning management system.

It is easy to see why Canvas is one of the most well-known and well-used learning management systems by schools and colleges across America. Its simple customizable interface, mobile app, and many integrations are definitely a step up from moodle, blackboard, and other more common systems of a generation ago. I have used it both as a student and as a teacher. I appreciate its robust features (discussion boards, file integration, quizzes, announcements, custom pages, assignment options, html design). Classes are usually organized via pages and the "modules" page which allows the building of a customized course flow. If there is something you want to be able to post to your class website Canvas probably makes it possible, and most features have many options. Your online assignment settings can be highly customized with settings such as when the assignment in visible, what kind of submissions and documents are accepted, and what category of grade the assignment is. Likewise the online quiz/test maker is fairly robust, allowing for most question types, has some auto-grading capabilities, and offers taker-friendly features like question flagging, test timer, and unfinished question reminders. Perhaps one of its best features is its plug-ins. Canvas works with other popular providers to integrate their products into Canvas. Our school uses the very well-designed Zoom plug-in for scheduling and posting recordings for our virtual classes as well as others including WebEx and Kaltura.

While Canvas is an excellent learning management system it is far from perfect and there is still definite room for improvement. The main feature I have found frustrating is its navigation. There is no universal back button which means that rather than easily going back to a previous page you have to use a combination of your web browser back button and the course menu. Each course has a helpful customizable sidebar with major navigation links, but this is not "sticky" and so you may need to be scroll to find it on longer pages. While the online quizzes/tests are a step up for many platforms, like google forms, but not as robust as such an important feature could be. Matching questions have no easy way to tracked used answers, which can make questions with many options harder to track. Adding alternative answers for fill-in-the-blank questions can be cumbersome. Not all plug-ins are of equal quality either, but this is probably at least partly the responsibility of the developer. The mobile app works well in general but occasionally I have seen issues such as auto-rotating video screens or issues with certain quiz questions.

Ryan
Ryan
Assistant Professor of Instruction in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Best of the bunch (but still not stellar)

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been a full-time professor for six years now, and before that I was a full-time graduate student for three, and an adjunct instructor for another six, not to mention the time I spent as an undergraduate myself, when LMS software was becoming ubiquitous. This means that I've used virtually every LMS package out there as either an instructor or a student (or both), and despite its bugaboos and flaws, Canvas continues to outpace the others in terms of usability, innovation, and overall quality.

I've used the Canvas learning management system (LMS) as both a student and an instructor for years now, and I can say with a high level of confidence that it is, by far, the best LMS available today. It strikes a good balance between available features and ease of use, meaning instructors have a reasonably high level of customization at their fingertips at the course level, but students won't be confused or overwhelmed since every Canvas course retains certain similarities that can't be altered (e.g., navigation). There also appears to be a great deal of control that can be exerted by administrators in terms of locking down (or opening up) features, so it can be tweaked accordingly for any given institution. There are a LOT of features available to instructors in Canvas, and those can be expanded indefinitely by adding third-party integrations.

There are a range of frustrating quirks, missing features that require hack-y workarounds, confusing user interface issues, and inexplicable limitations that regular users will run into with routine use. For example, if you create an assignment and enable peer reviews of that assignment, it is difficult for students to figure out how to access the documents they are supposed to evaluate. Once they do find them, the embedded document editor is buggy and limited, and occasionally fails to save student edits. On top of all of this, if peer reviews are set to "anonymous," the embedded editor is disabled entirely--not just for students, but for the instructor as well, making it impossible to make inline comments or suggestions. Even more frustrating is the Canvas/Instructure support website, with its arcane, verbose design and overreliance on "community" message boards instead of dedicated agents to solve problems.

Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

It's ease of use, mobile experience, and ease of administration outweigh the features it lacks.

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are able to get detailed analytics on use not only from our students but from our instructors. We are able to build customizations utilizing the API.
We are now in a hosted solution with a beta server, test server and production server that is maintained and updated every week or 3 weeks depending on the server.

Canvas from an administrator side is incredibly easy to work with. Installing addons takes just seconds in comparison to the fear I experienced in installing anything in Blackboard, and the confusion I experienced trying to set anything up in D2L. One of the deciding factors in moving forward with Canvas was ease of use for our faculty and students. If Canvas was not easy to use our transition would have been near impossible. It's mobile app is excellent for students and they are in the middle of improving their faculty mobile app now. They have an incredible Community that has asked most of the questions you have and someone has provided the answer you're looking for. There are also folks that create customizations and share those with everyone to help improve your workflows. They also let you in on the development process and share with your their progress and let you beta test things for them. I love having a beta server, test server and production server to work with that is always up to date. Lots to love about Canvas.

There are some features that are lacking from Canvas that we are attempting to work around or build customizations for. 1. Set Discussion boards to need grading after x number of posts. Right now it says it needs to be graded after the first post and will not notify the instructor once they have submitted the required amount of posts. This isn't as big of an issue when there are due dates but a majority of our courses do not have due dates. 2. It's Outcomes capabilities are lacking. They have plans to improve on this but it may be awhile. 3. They are releasing a new quizzing tool in 2018 which we are excited for but are worried about how we will need to go about migrating quizzes.

Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer

A huge step up!

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a student in several certification courses, I'm largely just relieved by the move away from Blackboard since my time in university! Canvas works reliably—it's always a relief to know that you'll be able to access your course when you need to—and has a variety of compelling features that really benefit the online learning experience, including well-designed quizzes and interactive forums.

I feel that the quiz tool is one of the best assets to online learning I've seen in recent years. With our virtual learning system in which back-and-forth conversation (a more traditional lecture style) is not currently possible, the quiz tool allows instructors to gauge student knowledge and understanding of everything taught so far, without requiring a grade for accuracy. So much more powerful than the old-fashioned approach of requiring a weekly forum post to promote "engagement"! Canvas has a huge variety of learning tools that really enable instructors to customize their teaching styles. Instructors who use it to the best of their abilities really empower their students to learn, even in this crazy virtual world.

The platform can be difficult to navigate at times—it's not a particularly intuitive design—and materials can get lost or overlooked (not a great situation when grades are involved!). In addition, it doesn't always play nicely with certain web browsers or ad blockers. If it's best accessed under certain settings, that should be clearly communicated!

Christian
Instructor-Biology in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

CANVAS-A Great LMS

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall Canvas has made my job as a professor more fluid and convenient. It has saved me many hours of time and has provided my students with a great tool to succeed in college. I have a very positive opinion of this LMS and am glad my institution uses it. There are some things about it that I am not too happy with, but the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

The thing I like most about Canvas is the user interface and the ease of use. Canvas makes it very easy to provide students with all course materials that used to be copied and handed out in class. Not only does this save time and effort, but it is great for the environment. I have been trained several times on Canvas though it is quite easy to learn and use. Once you become accustomed to the nuances of using it, you start to appreciate its design. I really appreciate the tools that are available with Canvas such as the attendance feature and the ability to integrate publisher's materials.

The thing I like least about Canvas is the lack of ease of importing test banks from publishers. I am not sure if this is due to Canvas or the publishers. But I try to avoid using quizzes as much as possible. I hate to type 60 questions and answers for each test and for each class. I usually give 5 exams per class and I typically teach 3 different classes.

Setareh
Electrical Engineer in VS
Research, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Create and present your online learning materials quickly and easily with Canvas

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, Canvas is an excellent learning management software that can make a significant difference in how instructors teach and learners learn. It provides you with various useful features that are easy to use. If you are an instructor at school or university, Canvas can help you be more productive and efficient at work.

I use Canvas for online classroom, online tests, and online training. I work remotely as a lecturer besides my reserach work, and Canvas has been really great for me. I am satisfied with Canvas. It helps me save time and be more productive. Canvas has a simple, intuitive interface that makes it easy for teachers and students to use. My students also do not have any complaints about Canvas. Canvas works seamlessly across desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones, making it easy for students to access coursework from anywhere.Canvas also integrates with a range of learning tools, including Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and Box, among others. I find Canvas integration capability very useful and critical. Canvas allows me to customize course pages and assignments to suit my specific needs.I use Canvas everyday and I couldn't be happier.

I do not have any specific dislikes for Canvas. The only thing I can mention is that it is a cloud-based platform that requires an internet connection to function, which can be problematic in areas with poor connectivity. Canvas is very reliable and secure. I recommend it.

Magali
Project Manager in VS
(Bioscoop)films, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Learn and teach comfortably with Canvas

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: You can start using this platform for your academic purposes with confidence. In spite of all the above-mentioned disadvantages, generally, the platform works without any serious problem. I’m confident that students who prefer distant learning and the teachers who like online teaching will really appreciate Canvas LMS.

The platform is very easy and flexible to navigate so, you can be sure that you’ll never be lost while searching for the material you need. Besides, you can add text, upload pictures and videos without difficulty. In addition to this if you know how to work with HTML code you can have the design you like. The next thing that I like about Canvas is that you can communicate with your teacher and fellow students easily. You can send an email to your teacher or start a chat with your classmates. Canvas is used by educational institutions for two purposes: either for creating courses that are taught exceptionally online or for blending the traditional way of teaching with online one. This platform is especially useful for students who always need to find all the material on their course online, including the textbooks, lectures, homework, individual works and of course, their grades and attendance. Canvas makes collaboration between teachers and students more effective and fruitful.

It is fascinating to know that the Canvas app is available on mobile devices. However, the app needs some improvements because some features are still not available there and notifications sometimes don’t pop up. The platform successfully cooperates and works with third-party vendors. However, I should mention that some programs do not work well and obviously they need to get improvements. And finally, there sometimes some glitches may occur but I wish the platform could work more smoothly.

Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Has its limits, but still the best out there

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There is a paid version that you can do too. It's very expensive, and we found it still didn't quite meet our needs. For universities it probably would do the trick, but if you're a small education program, stick with Free for Teacher. Even with its little hassles, Canvas is still the best online classroom you can find out there.

We use the Free for Teacher edition. When it comes to setting up courses, having assignments, files, students, deadlines, and grades set up, it's pretty simple. Not a lot of trouble getting things put together. You can integrate videos, there's a conference capability called Big Blue Button that allows all the members of the course to video in with each other and you can share screen and everything. It has been a big help allowing our students to have a portal to do their assignments, and connect with everyone in the class.

One of the nuances to Canvas that is difficult is limiting what teachers can see. By that I mean we have two different types of courses that we run. One is an individual cohort of a few students and a director. The only way to make these closed down to just these members is to create a duplicate of the course and put those members in. Not a terrible thing, but then the courses start to stack up with all the different cohorts you have going. Plus, there's not really a way to have any updates filter down into all the same semester courses. So if we want to make an update on Semester 1, we have to go into each individual course and update it. There's also no way to update deadlines when you copy a course. So I have to change every assignment's due date so it fits in the new semester's timeline. The other kind of course that we have is an open course that anyone can jump into, and then we assign a TA to grade certain students. The problem with this is that there's no way to limit the TA's view of who is in the course. So it shows them that there are dozens of students' work that needs to be graded in their To-Do List and makes it difficult for them to know when their assigned students have actually submitted anything. Haven't been able to find a work around for this yet.

Hoger onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

College course management program for students, faculty, and staff

4,0 6 jaar geleden

After my university switched over to Canvas as the preferred course management software, I was happy to finally have a user-friendly interface to work with. The menu is not cluttered and all tabs and icons are easy to find. One of the main advantages of Canvas is the ability to easily sync a school email account and get live notifications when items and assignments are posted. Professors can also setup calendars that help remind students of exam, project, and homework due dates. Students can also setup discussions or threads within their respective courses, which is useful when a lot of students have a similar question. Saves the professor time from having to answer 50 emails about the same question.

The notification system, both as a student and professor, is not the most efficient system. Canvas is meant to have a built-in emailing program. This creates a lot of confusion when students send messages via Canvas (which is linked to a school email account) and separately send messages directly from their school email. I've encountered times where it was not clear how to send a message directly to particular member of the course, and ended up emailing the entire class by accident. Professors often alternate between general email notifications and "Dashboard" notifications within Canvas. It makes it confusing for students as to where exactly to look for course related information. I find this lack of streamlining for notifications to be the biggest drawback.