Beautiful and balanced Photo browser and editor for simple daily tasks

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2019
Emad I.
Senior Web Developer
Machinebouw, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The rich featrues this program has as both photo editor and browser, the seamless integration with other programs on different systems, and keeping tabs on my photos in the cloud to be shared across multiple platforms to be readily for editing and publishing is a huge advantage worth noting and praising here.

Pluspunten: I am not really a professional photographer nor i am an expert geek at editing photos with complex programs like Photoshop, I was only looking for a program to let me access the most basic functions, where i can simply browse and edit my photos only without too much hassle like other programs do, I have tried multiple programs like adobe lightroom but it wasn't (light) at all, in contrary it way too heavy on my machine and needs to be updated regularly to work otherwise it would be infested with bugs and crashes everynow and then (especially when i update my windows) that could shutdown the program while i had spent hours of editing my photo to find all my efforts go in vain and nothing had been saved and have to go all over again, I was actively searching for other alternatives here and there until i found the ACDsee pro I thought to myself why not i could give him a shot, and Oh my God I found my salvation within this amazing piece of software, it has everything i needed and more, very lightweight ( doesn't take too much ram nor clog the processor or Hard disk usage), very easy to use, have the most simplest and friendliest user interface i ever dealt with, it serves well as either photo browser ( where i can browse, arrange and organize my photos under workspace tab, import from multiple locations: Disk,flash or CDs) or as photo editor (as doing a batch processing or export in different formats, resizing, cropping, create wonderful slideshow for special occasions).

Minpunten: The cloud services needs to have appropriate prices for entry planes, some features especially those used for editing color curves and balancing exposure need some to be revamped to give a more clear and less noisy outcomes on par with competitors.

Could not operate without ACDSee Pro

Beoordeeld op 10-1-2019
Larry P.
Sole Proprietor
Fotografie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am a pro photographer with 40 years of full-time experience. ACDSee is what I use to input all of my digital images, then edit them down to my best picks to show my clients. It is easier to use than Lightroom, faster, less convoluted, and allows a more streamlined process (no clunky "adding to library" step as in Lightroom.)
I also use the batch capabilities a lot, for renaming, converting file formats, and resizing.

Pluspunten: Wow. ACDSee Pro, is as important to me as a professional photographer as Photoshop is.
It allows me to edit hundreds of images quickly and easily, like no other software out there, and quick editing is the key to my success. I know a of of photographers use Lightroom, but they are missing out on a much better piece of software.
I love being able to put two or more similar images side-by-side on one screen to quickly choose the best, and drop the others. In the end, I turn my work around faster than any of my competitors, at least according to my clients.

Minpunten: Over all of the years I have been an ACDSee user, it has gotten a little bloated, trying to do it all. I use Photoshop to make most of my actual crops and adjustments. ACDSee is where I decide which are the very best selections to keep and work with.

Overall Good Program to Have in Your Photography Workflow

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2018
Julia A.
Founder | Citywide WiFi Network | Integrated Marketing Strategies |
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We use it for some very important elements in our digital workflow. Sorting images by story line from multiple cameras, selecting images for an online gallery, even using it to rename the images.

Pluspunten: We use this program primarily for sorting and renaming huge quantities of files from multiple cameras. We shoot upwards of 100 weddings a year and this program is a life-saver. We have to take the images from two cameras, sort them so they tell the same story and then rename all the files once they are ordered. This program saves us! Other programs can do this, but the ACDSee platform is the easiest. We also go through and select the images we want to provide in a public online gallery for the Bride and Groom's family and friends. This makes it really easy to go through the images and select the ones we want included. Again, other programs can do this but this has been the easiest we have found.

Minpunten: For the most part it is easy to use. Learning to navigate yet another panel in another program is frustrating when you haven't learned how the designers think, but for the most part that's not a flaw in design, just operator error.

ACDSee Pro is the image viewer and manager that you've been looking for

Beoordeeld op 17-12-2018
Nicholas C.
Network Administrator
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I've been various versions of ACDSee all the way back to version 2. Nothing works with as many file formats so easily and quickly. ACDSee operates in two different modes, quick and full. The quick version is what I use mostly just for looking at images. The full version includes all the image editing and sorting details that you might need. Best of all, ACDSee just works - it's fast and does what it says it does without trying to throw the kitchen sink at you at the same time.

Minpunten: Far too often I end up in the full manager version when I'm trying to get into quick viewer. Also, I really don't want ACDSee to try to display videos, but it does if it comes across them in a folder and you're scrolling through them.

ACDSee: Photographer's best friend

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2018
Pramod N.
Business Analyst
Verzekeringen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I have been using ACDSee from the times of DOS based version. It has been most go-to tool for viewing, organizing tool for my memories. As I developed passion for photography, it became my best friend. Over years, ACDSee viewer also became editor/enhancer and all-in-one solution for photo editing. I like it simplicity and ease of use. You can edit/enhance your images easily if you are novice computer user. Supports for wide array for file formats including RAW, effortless organizing, one-click editing are plus of ACDSee. This is must have software if you like keeping your memories organized.

Minpunten: None, its just get better and better. Though pricing could be more affordable.

User from the first versions of the program

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2018
Alirio rubén R.
Gerente de Marca - Integrigo
51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: This software started as a simple image viewer, with more options than what Microsoft presented in its portfolio of products at the end of the 90s. Right now presents the opportunity to categorize, sort, process, copy, print, retouch, as main functions, our images, either individually or in batches. It is also an excellent visualizer of our catalog of images, allowing the change of some values from the first sight.

Minpunten: I think that the program, with the passing of the years, has lost a bit of its personality and its graphical interface tries to copy the look and feel of Adobe Lightroom. It is a tool that can be used by amateur or media photographers, but it is not the most recommended for professional photographers or who handle a large volume of images. At some time I wanted to include cutting marks and it was impossible. I do not know if they have evolved in this aspect.

Having used ACDSee at work for so many years I decided to buy one for my home use. So functional!

Beoordeeld op 22-6-2018
Associate
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy and fast editing which allowed me and others to appreciate my photos immediately.

Pluspunten: All the editing features are very useful. For basic and advanced photo editing it really responds to all my needs. My favorites are the exposure and contrast adjustment features. Not only are they easy to master but ACDSee Pro also allows me to customise and save my settings so that I get consistent finished products every time I sit down to edit. Batch processing helps a lot in editing, renaming, file size reduction, etc. Organizing files is a breeze! Most of the time I don't need to do heavy editing whether my photos as great or not so I don't need a very powerful computer as ACDSee is very light on the hardware requirement.

Minpunten: My only wish is that I can process images that are in PDF form. It would also be great if I can capture images from videos.

Use ACDSee Pro to edit and show your photos!

Beoordeeld op 5-2-2019
Graduate Research Assistant
Machine- en installatiebouw, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I recommend everyone to use ACDSee Pro!! You love it.

Pluspunten: I have used ACDSee for almost five years. I can say that it is one of the best applications that enables you to edit your photos. You can easily crop your photos, rotate them to your desired angle, and even write on them. Another fact about ACDSee pro is that it is fast and can operate your request quickly.

Minpunten: I think ACDSee Pro has good features. I cannot say any Cons except the price!

Best Photo Management application

Beoordeeld op 11-10-2017
Yasir R.
Network Operation Center Manager
Internet, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: All my pictures and needed images that I use in many works and operations I control them by this program and make my edit on it which its very fast can get a clear picture fixing lights and colors easily. I don't have anything don't like in this application, since using it and all of my photos being edited and viewed by this program and its very easy to use and learn.

Pluspunten: How easy editing the photo and re-size it. Allow saving many image extension formats and can manage all type of images without any difficulties.

ACDSee, best all-in-one photo solution

Beoordeeld op 26-9-2018
Sagar R.
Subject Matter Expert
Verzekeringen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been using ACDsee for almost decade and I never liked any other image viewing software over this. It started with Image viewer and progressed into full fledged Photo Studio software over years. Its very fast, easy-to-use, support for all picture formats and must have tool for personal users, photo enthusiasts, professional photographers or social media addicts.

Pluspunten: Best software for organzing, editing, converting your photo collection.

Minpunten: None, it keeps adding new features every now and then

I love this program.

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2017
April R.
Fotografie
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Great for browsing jpeg's quickly and for tagging them with numbers, colors, etc. Way, way better to do that than with Lightroom. Couldn't live without this software as a very busy portrait photographer

Minpunten: They used to create quick albums for you so I could share images with clients quickly via links. They got rid of that and I really, really miss it.

ACDSee Rocks!

Beoordeeld op 15-3-2018
Catherine C.
Marketing Communication Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: not much to complaint... once you become familiar with it, it becomes a part of all that you do! Learning how to use it is totally easy and fast

Pluspunten: ACDSee is an excellent program to process and edit a considerable amount of photographs in a very short time and of excellent quality.
The software opens any type of picture and it does quickly. The images are sharp.

SUPER photo editing tools.

Beoordeeld op 3-5-2019
Henry N.
photographer
Nieuwsbladen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: ACDSee is what I use to enter all my digital images, then I edit them to my best selections to show my clients and it benefits me a lot because, the digital image entry through ACDSee is very fast which helps me save time.

Pluspunten: It is a program that has many photo editing tools and has everything I need to perfect my images by carrying out all the important workflow tasks of photographs in a very fast way.

Minpunten: does not make reports or analyzes; I think that this should be included to make it a much more complete software.

Great Photo Software

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019
Paul R.
Executive Director
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used this through multiple versions over multiple years. It always helped us get done what we needed and the price was very fair.

Pluspunten: The ability to upload images to the web. Being able to mass-edit and rename multiple images at once.

Minpunten: In the earlier versions, it would frequently crash, but this has improved over the past 2-3 years for sure.

ACDSee - My choice for years

Beoordeeld op 21-7-2016
Bruce F.
Photographer
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Have used this for managing my extensive photo inventory for 6+ years. A less expensive, yet effective alternative to Lightbox and others.

Pluspunten: It flat-out works great. 95% of my post-production is done right inside ACDSee.

Minpunten: Not much... once you become familiar with it (and that's pretty quickly!) it becomes a part of all that you do!

Actually worth the money in the long run!

Beoordeeld op 10-4-2019
Dave F.
video editor
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I use this software to keep photos and media organized for websites that I manage. At any time I need images manipulated or be able to be shared and I use ACDSee Pro to keep everything.

Pluspunten: I've always liked using ACDSee as a graphics viewer. Using the Pro version is good because I'm actually at a professional usage and need for the software. It fits in well with the tools I need to keep media well organized and able to adapt to different needs. I am able to made quick adjustments to any of the thousands of images on my PC as a job may call for. I do not regret at all this software!

Minpunten: I would say the price is a bit steep, but I think of it as an investment rather then a high price. In the long run you will thank yourself for paying the one-time price. I've been using it for a long time, so I know.

Great photo editor for beginner or intermediate

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2018
Don B.
System Integration Mgr - CAS & Bus Partner
Lucht- en ruimtevaart
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The product is stable and fast, provides, editing, indexing, sorting of various types of image files

Pluspunten: The software is very intuitive, making it very easy to use. The workflow is smooth because you aren't fighting the software, sorry ADOBE. There are four main categories, manage, edit, view, develop. Each option is well layed out with multiple tools that are easy to use.led. It's no Adobe Photoshop, but it doesn't cost as much ans is easier to use

Minpunten: It doesn't have all the features of a high end editor, but your not paying for those either.
It would be nice if it supported more devices, but again, for the price it's not bad

Worthy alternative to Lightroom

Beoordeeld op 23-10-2019
Amjad M.
Civil Engineer - Engineering Planner
Maritiem, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Opmerkingen: I've been using ACDsee for years and I am pleased overall

Pluspunten: - Handles large photo libraries while keeping them in their folders instead of moving them to a library (Like lightroom does)
- Includes some great tools such as duplicate file finder, batch editing of files (resize, rename using meta-data ..etc)
- Includes photo editing as well
- Geo-tagging works well
- Tagging, keywords and metadata management are implemented very well

Minpunten: - Photo editing just doesn't feel polished. I still use Lightroom and photoshop
- The user interface could use a face-lift

The Ultimate Digital Asset Manager

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2019
Mike lester R.
Systems & Methods Head
Vastgoed, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall experience with ACDSee is superb! From buying the software, support, and usage. For a lifetime price which most of the time is discounted, you can have one of the best design / photography suite available in the market.

Pluspunten: What I really liked about ACDSee's offering is that the software is an ALL-in-One software from Digital Asset Management to photo enhancing / editing. I am using the 2018 version but will upgrade to the 2019 version and it is by far the fastest photo enhancing program I have ever used. When you think of Photos, you can never go wrong with ACDSee Pro / Ultimate. Latest version offers Face recognition and LUTs.

Minpunten: What I liked least about the software is that there are still functionalities in the Adobe suite that are not yet part of the ACDSee program. This include some advanced Lightroom presets and photo enhancements.

Excellent Adobe Alternative

Pluspunten: - layer editing
- raw file editing
- good online help
- good tech support

Minpunten: This software has just kept getting better.

Great photo management and editing program

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2018
Douglas D.
Inventory MGR
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: ACDSee helps me manage an average of 1000 photos a week. Editing mostly exposure problems is simple and effective.

Minpunten: Not being a pro photographer The learning curve to edit lighting issues on photograph was very short and was straight forward

No skill required..it just works!

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2017
Deb G.
Clinical Mental Health Counselor
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm sure having skill would make this even better but I'm an amateur photographer that adores taking pictures of my pets and nature. I end up with thousands of digital photos scattered all over my pc. ACDSee solved this problem for me and made it super simple for me to edit/enhance each of my photos. It just works...the features are amazing and I've not only sorted out all of my photos and made the "keepers" even nicer, but I've also had fun doing so. I've had problems with other imaging software where it just 'blows up' /errors but I've had zero issues with ACDSee on my Windows 10 laptop. It runs smooth and does what it says it'll do. Love it!!

Pluspunten: Ease of use, plentiful features, excellent tutorials

Best picture software for everyday use.

Beoordeeld op 21-3-2019
Ashim C.
Computer Assistant
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I used it for more than 10 years. I recommend this software for photographers, students and for official use. Best for everyday use.

Pluspunten: I like it because by using scroll button of mouse we can easily access pictures. It can also open all kind of image formats. We can also edit pictures.

Minpunten: I have no negative thinking about this software.

Keeps getting better

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2018
Kevin F.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Every new release has many new improvements from the previous one. The software opens any type of picture and does it quickly. The images are sharp.

Minpunten: Some times the terms they use to edit or process pictures can be a little confusing. Sometimes I have trouble understanding the work flow.

excellent program for those who want different results

Beoordeeld op 20-4-2018
Marcos M.
lawyer
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: allows you to catalog the images you have on your computer.
lets you view photos at high speed. It comes with an included image viewer called QuickView, which responds quickly when you want to open a new photo or use the zoom tool.
You can also print the images thanks to your option to print. Its interface is clear and intuitive to make your job easier. This program is a simple and light photo viewer

Minpunten: It is an application practically for beginners use so it lacks advanced features. for professional use is not exactly necessary