GnuCash reviews

door GnuCash

4.5 / 5 0 beoordelingen
GnuCash

Solid accounting software... for free!

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018
Gigi J.
Communications
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Like the fact that it's free and that it gets the job done - ideal for small businesses or contractors who want something simple and free. Doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but it's a great way to track business expenses and income.

Pluspunten: Love that it's free and that it works all the time, with no fuss and no muss. It might take a bit to get up to speed on how to use it, but individuals familiar with other accounting programs shouldn't have any trouble. It even has a mobile piece (Android) where I can track trip expenses.

Minpunten: There is a steep learning curve at the beginning - particularly for those who may not be familiar with double-entry accounting. The mobile piece needs to have a better way of integrating with the main data file. There is also no way to have multiple users accessing the main data file.

Free software for creating invoices and tracking payments

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019
Toby R.
Contracts Manager
Mediaproductie, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I implemented GnuCash when my department did not have a digital invoicing system in place for internal invoicing. We invoice between departments, and we were doing it on a spreadsheet, which was not optimal as sometimes mistakes were made. I implemented GnuCash myself, and I was able to do this as it was free of cost to download and use. We now have an internal billing system that tracks accounts payable and accounts receivable, and it is much more accurate and efficient.

Pluspunten: I like that GnuCash is free, open source software, so there is no cost to use it, so I was able to implement it without putting forward a budget, and this was able to let me implement it quickly.

Minpunten: It isn't as polished as paid-for software, but it is also more flexible, so I think the negatives and positives on this issue balance out.

Works great, wish it had multi-user

Beoordeeld op 4-3-2019
Kevin W.
Consultant / owner
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been using it for years for my personal needs. I would recommend it to more customers / clients if it could be used on multiple systems. As it stands though, I have recommended it to numerous people that just have one person in accounting / sales / etc.

Pluspunten: It is free, just a click to download and install on Windows. A quick install from the application manager in Linux/Debian/Ubuntu.

Minpunten: It does not support multi-users. Meaning if you have the file open on one system, you can not open that company on another. So if you want two people to be able to invoice at the same time, they can't.

I have been using GnuCash for 5 years

Beoordeeld op 22-12-2018
Nestor Z.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I will continue to use for my personal and business needs.

Pluspunten: Very nice functional multi ledger, double-entry accounting with QIX/F files and bank statement imports. You can create balance sheet and income statement financial reports which you can customize and print.
Love the price ;) and not being tied to yearly licenses and support up-selling.

Minpunten: Setting it up takes some work specially when you use it to for business, but GnuCash has a thriving community with lots of information in the web and your bookkeeper should not have trouble finding answers. You can also find resources that could help you further customize the application to suit your business.

Great open source accounting software

Beoordeeld op 20-12-2018
Lecturer
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I can setup the accounting structure however I like. It uses double entry bookkeeping to keep track of income and expenses. Does a good job tracking investments and can calculate capital gains based on lots bought/sold for better accuracy. Lots of reporting features.

Minpunten: Getting used to the double entry system took some time. It used to be able to get online quotes for stocks, but that feature no longer works well. Not their fault since Yahoo broke it, but there isn't a reliable fix yet.

Helped me immensely with reaching my budgeting goals .

Beoordeeld op 10-4-2019
Polikseniya Y.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Very easy to install and use .It is designed to look like a spreadsheet, so you quickly get used to using it .You can make the graphs as detailed as you need and as many incoming payments and expenses as needed .

Minpunten: I honestly have no complaints .It's a free program that does what it says it does .

Really happy with it

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2018
Claire D.
Customer Service Representative
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: GNU Cash is free to use . It has an Excel like design ,quickly making you familiar with the process .Your finances will be more organized and you'll be glad to have it .

Minpunten: There is a lot of manual data entry at the beginning .

Robust free accounting software but support not that fast

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2018
Sk J.
BUSINESS PARTNER
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: For my business needs, I believe GNUCash is the answer though support when faced with a problem not always that fast.

Pluspunten: For those who are searching for a free accounting software for their individual or small business needs, GNUCash is perhaps the best given the robust features incorporated and a large community base. Being open source, the possibilities are endless for developers who can always add new codes to suit the needs.

Minpunten: Unfortunately, the support is not fast if one faces a hurdle. As a user, if you want to post a query on their forum, you need to subscribe. In my case, I could not understand this condition and so my query was reverted back. GNUCash perhaps should address this point. I then posted my thread to another popular forum (StackExchange: Personal Finances & Money) and received first reply only after one month!

Free accounts software that is very reliable

Beoordeeld op 17-2-2019
Bookbinder
Afdrukken en drukwerk, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I needed an accounts software package that was able to generate invoices and track payments, and GnuCash has been working well for us.

Pluspunten: I like that this software is free, with no hidden payments unlike other software packages we looked at.

Minpunten: Because it doesn't seem to be very popular, I had to learn how to use it from the manual. But it is compatible with other data formats.

A lot for your money

Beoordeeld op 17-9-2018
Sylvain D.
Conseiller T.I.
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am using gnucash for my personnal usage.

Pluspunten: The application is really reliable, easy to maintain and quite flexible.

Minpunten: I would like if the application could sync with my bank (BNC)

Great value

Beoordeeld op 18-10-2018
Dima E.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: GnuCash helped me lift my budgeting efforts to the next level .The interface looks like an Excel spreadsheet ,which breeds familiarity and in my opinion,eases the "getting to know you" phase of the process

Minpunten: Manually adding all of your income ,expenses and other misc items takes a lot of time.

No reason not have this app .

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2018
Petar G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: GNU Cash helps me keep track of my budget and ensures I meet my financial goals .It works like a standard spreadsheet ( a more automated one ) and is free to use .

Minpunten: The initial set up where you enter your income and expenses ,can take a lot of time to properly organize.

Free ,neat financial helper .

Beoordeeld op 23-12-2018
Emel A.
Payment Options Specialist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: GnuCash really helped me keep my personal finances in check . It is free to use , so that only adds to the financial benefits you get from it .

Minpunten: Constantly entering your expenses can be tedious ,but well worth it .

useful for little business or family

Beoordeeld op 20-1-2019
Giuseppe B.
software developer analista programmatore
Directiekantoor, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It is simple and easy to use, it is free

Minpunten: maybe it is not so complete and somebody could miss some features

Awesome for accounting

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
IT Specialist
Computersoftware, 13-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Great interface, user friendly, smooth, easy installation.

Minpunten: Would be great if customer support was better