Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over GnuCash

Financiële boekhoudsoftware voor het bijhouden van bankrekeningen, inkomsten en uitgaven voor kleine bedrijven.

Meer informatie over GnuCash

37 reviews worden weergegeven

Tim P.
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 8-7-2019

"Best open-source accounting solution for home and small business"

Opmerkingen: It has been a rock solid tool for managing transactions and monitoring fiscal health in the short and long term. I've tried a few different data store backend options (including mysql, postgresql, and XML file) - I landed long term on the XML file storage because it has had the least issues.

Pluspunten: I was appealed by the low barrier to entry, including free download and installation, as well as strong documentation for an administrator that prefers to configure my own software.

Minpunten: Still haven't solved the multi-user limitation. We generally work from two different computers with a network file share, and often one user will forget to close the application, keeping the file lock in place. The UI still feels a bit dated, even with recent updates since version 3.0. I am okay with this because double-entry accounting is a well-established process and less change is ultimately better. But the menu structure layout is like the late 90s early 00s desktop application era and, in my opinion, can and should be improved upon.

• Beoordeeld op 8-7-2019
Jason P.
owner/artist
Publiceren, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019

"Great accounting software for individuals and freelancers"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I have nothing but high praise for it. Especially as a small business owner and freelancer. Older versions of the software used to crash when running specialized reports (eg pie charts of expenses) used to sometimes crash, however I have not experienced any such behavior as of the the latest versions of 3.0 and up (currently 3.6 as of this review.)

Pluspunten: It was very easy to setup all of my accounts, and track my expenses and income across them. This includes bank accounts, and stock portfolios. And the ability to run reports that turn my accounts in to pie and bar charts is very helpful as well.

Minpunten: While I found 99% of the software to be easy to use, and despite having used the software for several years now, I still find it difficult to do split-transactions. Instead I find it easier to just make 2 separate transactions manually, noting that they're part of 1 transaction. They really could improve this feature to make it more failproof and intuitive.

• Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019
Sk J.
BUSINESS PARTNER
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-8-2018

"Robust free accounting software but support not that fast"

Opmerkingen: For my business needs, I believe GNUCash is the answer though support when faced with a problem not always that fast.

Pluspunten: For those who are searching for a free accounting software for their individual or small business needs, GNUCash is perhaps the best given the robust features incorporated and a large community base. Being open source, the possibilities are endless for developers who can always add new codes to suit the needs.

Minpunten: Unfortunately, the support is not fast if one faces a hurdle. As a user, if you want to post a query on their forum, you need to subscribe. In my case, I could not understand this condition and so my query was reverted back. GNUCash perhaps should address this point. I then posted my thread to another popular forum (StackExchange: Personal Finances & Money) and received first reply only after one month!

• Beoordeeld op 16-8-2018
Ionel razvan G.
IT Tech
Computerhardware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 8-4-2020

"GnuCash accounting software"

Opmerkingen: I have a monthly clear income/expense balance, so I know what expenses should be avoided or are needed.

Pluspunten: A very good software for personal accounting, and for business accounting too. I am using it for my personal income/expense balance.

Minpunten: I had troubles to use it on Mac OS X. I almost lost all my accounting details. Lucky me that I use an automatic backup solution.

• Beoordeeld op 8-4-2020
John N.
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-4-2017

"GNUCash Review"

Opmerkingen: GNUCash is an open source free package that works much like the for-profit Quicken program without the spyware (content guard) bundled in by Intuit. On the most basic level you simply fill in your checkbook register. If you want to learn a small amount, you can also download your bank statements in various formats, including Quicken format, and click File Import to auto-magically insert them into your checkbook register. I use GNUCash on my desktop, over my LAN to a server, and over Internet via my SSH connection. Those who delve deeper will find this is actually a double entry (professional) accounting system with any number of ledgers you desire to create. You can split transactions just as you would in a paper based accounting system to show all the elements for the cash flow on every transaction, or use any of the (perhaps 50) built in reports to generate a balance sheet, income statement, and other common accounting reports. In this sense it leaves Quicken in the dust and is far easier to use than QuickBooks. Also, GNUCash will leave your payroll percentages alone while Intuit has programmed QuickBooks to delete all your payroll percentages every time you use it after February each year unless you buy the free IRS Circular E from Intuit each year. The Intuit rep explained to me that I had no choice and was forced to buy this free data from them "because business owners are too stupid to enter the (6) percentages themselves". Yes, she actually said that. GNUCash is not a "pretty" program but it is extremely functional and free. The downside is some non-intuitive behaviour when splitting an already entered transaction (which you will eventually figure out), and the rather obtuse way in which you enter budgeting data - the budgeting report however is very straightforward and allows you to change dates and which accounts are included very easily. It also provides a paper trail after every session as a separate (timestamped) file for review or recovery purposes. If you want more privacy and less cost in your company (or personal) accounting software this is a great choice. If you want for-pay customer support instead of using a FAQ or video tutorials to get answers, don't care if a glitch could lock you out of your own data when ContentGuard decides you're suddenly "not authorized", think business owners are stupid, and prefer to buy every feature for hundreds of dollars each, then by all means buy one of Intuit's packages.

Pluspunten: Simple, resembles check register and most people can use it effectively immediately. It is free and malware free. More interested users can scale up their use to include complicated accounting steps (year end closing, splits across accounts, etc) as much as they wish.

Minpunten: Some features, such as initiating a split, or finding the budgeting functionality, can be non-intuitive.

• Beoordeeld op 10-4-2017
Gigi J.
Communications
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018

"Solid accounting software... for free!"

Opmerkingen: Like the fact that it's free and that it gets the job done - ideal for small businesses or contractors who want something simple and free. Doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but it's a great way to track business expenses and income.

Pluspunten: Love that it's free and that it works all the time, with no fuss and no muss. It might take a bit to get up to speed on how to use it, but individuals familiar with other accounting programs shouldn't have any trouble. It even has a mobile piece (Android) where I can track trip expenses.

Minpunten: There is a steep learning curve at the beginning - particularly for those who may not be familiar with double-entry accounting. The mobile piece needs to have a better way of integrating with the main data file. There is also no way to have multiple users accessing the main data file.

• Beoordeeld op 27-11-2018
Thomas J.
Management non-profit organisaties, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-5-2017

"I have been using GnuCash for personal accounting and for two small businesses for over three years."

Opmerkingen: No cost for product or use of product. Saves time. Very productive. Ease of use.

Pluspunten: The ease of use, the double entry accounting, and the different functions, reports, and tools are excellent. The tools for different currency accounts are excellent for our international business.

Minpunten: There is a learning curve. Small things, such as learning how to print a register, can be a bit tedious in learning and doing the first time. While there is a user's manual and searching for assistance online is available, finding the answer to a question or learning how to do something often takes much trial and error and just simple experimenting with clicks key punches.

• Beoordeeld op 16-5-2017
Toby R.
Contracts Manager
Mediaproductie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019

"Free software for creating invoices and tracking payments"

Opmerkingen: I implemented GnuCash when my department did not have a digital invoicing system in place for internal invoicing. We invoice between departments, and we were doing it on a spreadsheet, which was not optimal as sometimes mistakes were made. I implemented GnuCash myself, and I was able to do this as it was free of cost to download and use. We now have an internal billing system that tracks accounts payable and accounts receivable, and it is much more accurate and efficient.

Pluspunten: I like that GnuCash is free, open source software, so there is no cost to use it, so I was able to implement it without putting forward a budget, and this was able to let me implement it quickly.

Minpunten: It isn't as polished as paid-for software, but it is also more flexible, so I think the negatives and positives on this issue balance out.

• Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019
Kevin W.
Consultant / owner
Consumentendiensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 4-3-2019

"Works great, wish it had multi-user"

Opmerkingen: I have been using it for years for my personal needs. I would recommend it to more customers / clients if it could be used on multiple systems. As it stands though, I have recommended it to numerous people that just have one person in accounting / sales / etc.

Pluspunten: It is free, just a click to download and install on Windows. A quick install from the application manager in Linux/Debian/Ubuntu.

Minpunten: It does not support multi-users. Meaning if you have the file open on one system, you can not open that company on another. So if you want two people to be able to invoice at the same time, they can't.

• Beoordeeld op 4-3-2019
Tracy L.
Owner/Designer
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 18-12-2019

"Fine if you like bookeeping"

Opmerkingen: I have never regretted switching from GnuCash to Xero for my business bookkeeping. But my husband and I still use GnuCash for our household books. It's more work than Xero, but it really is nice to have a free/self-hosted solution to keep our finances under control.

Pluspunten: The price tag (free) is hard to beat. Hosting the database locally yourself (vs. an online cloud solution) lets you control the security of your data.

Minpunten: It's all so manual. Downloading your bank feeds, importing into the software, categorizing all of your transactions - GnuCash gets a little better at recognizing some of the common ones, but it still miscategorizes a lot of them. You still end up having to go through each one line by line, and it can be pretty slow waiting for the import to happen. The interface is really clunky, too.

• Beoordeeld op 18-12-2019
Software Developer
13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-3-2018

"It's a free, professional, accounting software, kind of usable for personal finance"

Pluspunten: I use it to keep my personal finance. It's also a professional tool so it has many features that I will probably never use, but they don't get much in the way. Double entry is a powerful tool when you get the grasps of it, making it possible to bind together transactions between more than two accounts. It can also track stock prices and it's possible to update them with some setup. Charts and reports are available and very flexible.
It's free and open source, so you can trust it with your numbers.
There are mobile apps that help you not bringing around dozens of receipts to remember where you've spent your money.

Minpunten: If you're not a professional accountant, you'll need some time to get used to "double entry", and I still get confused sometimes. The setup of stock prices update is definitely not easy (esp. on Linux). Charts and reports require quite some work to get the most out of them, the presets are not that insightful.
The Android app I use (GnuCash for Android) is nice but the export/import procedure is annoying: in some cases, you even have to tell GnuCash which date format you're using, and you probably have no idea without checking in the XML file!

• Beoordeeld op 20-3-2018
Nestor Z.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-12-2018

"I have been using GnuCash for 5 years"

Opmerkingen: I will continue to use for my personal and business needs.

Pluspunten: Very nice functional multi ledger, double-entry accounting with QIX/F files and bank statement imports. You can create balance sheet and income statement financial reports which you can customize and print.
Love the price ;) and not being tied to yearly licenses and support up-selling.

Minpunten: Setting it up takes some work specially when you use it to for business, but GnuCash has a thriving community with lots of information in the web and your bookkeeper should not have trouble finding answers. You can also find resources that could help you further customize the application to suit your business.

• Beoordeeld op 22-12-2018
David P.
Lecturer
  • Beoordeeld op 20-4-2018

"Powerful personal accounting software that's free!"

Pluspunten: The account setup is customizable and fairly easy to modify / update on the fly. The ability to automatically grab stock quotes (though recently has become a little more difficult) is very helpful. I use the reports often to understand how my investments are going as well as tracking expenses and adjusting my spending accordingly.

Minpunten: The mobile app does not easily import transactions into the database. A cloud based database would be more useful as I need to be at my computer (or one linked to my cloud drive) to access the database. While I understand the need for it, the double entry book keeping system takes a little getting used to.

• Beoordeeld op 20-4-2018
Terry A.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 22-7-2019

"GnuCash does it all"

Opmerkingen: I have used GnuCash for over 10 years on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. It was an excellent package when I started and has improved with updates. Having taught accounting, I find it provides everything needed for personal and business use.

Pluspunten: GnuCash has drop-down menus to access everything needed in reporting. One drop-down menu has a link to automatically generate all closing entries at the end of the year. When making entries, it will remember information for last corresponding entry, just change amount.

Minpunten: I can generate a long list of back-up files, if not tuned properly.

• Beoordeeld op 22-7-2019
Lecturer
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-12-2018

"Great open source accounting software"

Pluspunten: I can setup the accounting structure however I like. It uses double entry bookkeeping to keep track of income and expenses. Does a good job tracking investments and can calculate capital gains based on lots bought/sold for better accuracy. Lots of reporting features.

Minpunten: Getting used to the double entry system took some time. It used to be able to get online quotes for stocks, but that feature no longer works well. Not their fault since Yahoo broke it, but there isn't a reliable fix yet.

• Beoordeeld op 20-12-2018
Steven H.
Customer Representative
  • Beoordeeld op 13-6-2018

"All the financial help you need ."

Pluspunten: GnuCash is great for both personal and small business use . It's spreadsheet like design makes it easy to keep track of income and expenses and make the necessary adjustments .It can be customized to your specific needs and is free to use .

Minpunten: It requires a lot of time to set up initially ,especially if you are using it for a business .Is also hard to integrate on mobile

• Beoordeeld op 13-6-2018
Brian B.
  • Beoordeeld op 26-3-2018

"A Great Alternative to Quickbooks"

Pluspunten: In searching for an alternative to Quickbooks for a new startup business, I stumbled upon Gnucash as a cost-effective alternative. If you are comfortable with Quickbooks, Gnucash is a breeze to catch onto, set up, and use on a daily basis. It mirrors the setup very closely and is simple to set up.

Minpunten: Gnucash is not set up to automatically integrate with very many other software applications, like its main competitor, so it could lead to a lot of manual data entry if this aspect is not thoroughly researched prior to setup.

• Beoordeeld op 26-3-2018
Polikseniya Y.
Online Tax Team
  • Beoordeeld op 10-4-2019

"Helped me immensely with reaching my budgeting goals ."

Pluspunten: Very easy to install and use .It is designed to look like a spreadsheet, so you quickly get used to using it .You can make the graphs as detailed as you need and as many incoming payments and expenses as needed .

Minpunten: I honestly have no complaints .It's a free program that does what it says it does .

• Beoordeeld op 10-4-2019
Venelina I.
Payroll Provider Communications Manager
Financiële dienstverlening, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019

"Simply brilliant "

Pluspunten: I use it for my personal budgeting and am really happy I was recommended this app .The interface is similar to Excel ,which almost eliminates the learning curve .It is the easiest way I have found to track my income and expenses .

Minpunten: Seeing as how you don't pay anything to use it ,there really isn't anything to complain about

• Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Claire D.
Customer Service Representative
  • Beoordeeld op 29-11-2018

"Really happy with it "

Pluspunten: GNU Cash is free to use . It has an Excel like design ,quickly making you familiar with the process .Your finances will be more organized and you'll be glad to have it .

Minpunten: There is a lot of manual data entry at the beginning .

• Beoordeeld op 29-11-2018
Kristina I.
Marktonderzoek, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020

"The best for personal budgeting . "

Opmerkingen: A friend told me about this app and it has been a tremendous reason for me to begin saving a lot more money than before .

Pluspunten: The design looks like a spreadsheet and is easy to get into . The app is free to use and can be located and downloaded from the Google Play Store.You don't have a limit to your daily entries and can track the full scope of your income and expenditure . A really useful and remarkable tool .

Minpunten: You get so much out of it without paying anything , there isn't much room to complain . My only slight pet peeve is that it does not support iOS ,which means I can't use it on my Mac .

• Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
  • Beoordeeld op 8-12-2019

"it works, for the most part"

Opmerkingen: i would really like to use this software. we are trying to convert over from quicken. the import function does bring all the data over, but it doesn't necessarily bring it over right. if a user was starting clean, i think the software would probably work really well. if you are importing, it's not going to work for you. perhaps other import functions work better than from quicken, but i do not know. so, your mileage may vary.

Pluspunten: i like the look and feel of the software. i am used to using quicken, and this looks almost the same. there are differences, but that is to be expected.

Minpunten: the import of data from other software does not work that well. i have tried numerous times to import data from quicken, and it does not come out right.

• Beoordeeld op 8-12-2019
Rajeev B.
  • Beoordeeld op 4-7-2018

"Best free open source accounting software for personal finance"

Opmerkingen: No need to pay for subscriptions. No fee and completely free.

Pluspunten: This is perhaps the best free open source accounting software for personal finance which is also used for business accounting by SMEs. As there is a large community of users, one can stay assured of the latest updates as well as forum support.

Minpunten: This is not cloud-based. One needs to download the software. There is a learning curve. One needs to follow documentation which fortunately is well compiled.

• Beoordeeld op 4-7-2018
Elena K.
Junior Accountant
Marktonderzoek, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019

"The best solution for your personal budgeting needs ."

Pluspunten: It's free to use , easy to download and install .The interface looks like an Excel spreadsheet ,so you'll know what to do right from the beginning . I use GnuCash to track my earnings and expenditure and credit it as one of the main reasons for me being able to consistently remain under budget .

Minpunten: I really do not see any downsides to this app. 10/10 would recommend .

• Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019
Kaloyan Z.
Customer Sales Representative
  • Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018

"Simply amazing ! "

Pluspunten: GnuCash has revolutionized the way I budget . The way expenses are listed really helps me realize where I should stop spending so much .One of small number of apps I'd gladly pay for ,however it's free .

Minpunten: Especially if using it for a business ,more comprehensive accounting sheets are hard to properly create .Exporting your work can also be more intuitive on the mobile app .

• Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018