Verizon Connect reviews

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Verizon Connect

Dankzij Verizon Connect kun je de prestaties van je wagenpark nauwkeurig meten, en zowel verborgen kosten als kansen voor verbeterde efficiëntie ontdekken.

Meer informatie over Verizon Connect

492 reviews worden weergegeven

Cindy B.
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator
Telecommunicatie, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-5-2018

"It's one of the best purchases our company ever made. "

Opmerkingen: We love this software, and we have cut down on employees unapproved use of company vehicles and improved employee driving safety by using it.

Pluspunten: We've been using Fleetmatics, now Verizon Reveal, for years. We initially signed up with them because we wanted to keep track of what employees were doing in our company vehicles, but this software is capable of so much more. From tracking our oil changes to sending us alerts when employees are speeding, we use this every day. The customer service is amazing also, and there's a pretty nice referral program.

Minpunten: It recently went through a revamp, and we did a training for the new system about a year before it was actually released. It was a little bit of a messy transition, but once we downloaded the new apps to our phones and got over the hump of getting everyone back on the same page, it's been amazing. The upgraded graphical user interface and new features are great.

• Beoordeeld op 21-5-2018
Buz P.
Bouw, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-6-2019

"Verizon Connect is a good product"

Opmerkingen: In the construction business we are able to see where our trucks are located at all times. We are able to monitor any type of speeding and also unauthorized use of vehicles. Also we are able to see where our vehicles are and not waste a phone call.

Pluspunten: Verizon installed the trackers and helped us set them up. Verizon was very professional throughout this whole process and stuck to their commitments and appointments. When we have issues cutomer service is always a phone call away.

Minpunten: Even though the trackers were installed for free ... I feel that the monthly service is too expensive. It seems maybe you could get incentives or price breaks.

• Beoordeeld op 25-6-2019
April M.
scheduling coordinator
  • Beoordeeld op 11-6-2020

"Good but could be better"

Opmerkingen: I love that I am able to see what my guys are doing at all times every day. It makes it easier for me to tell my customers when my technicians will be there where they are and how long they have been there. I like that I am able to help my guys out by using the maps to give them directions when needed.

Pluspunten: I like that I am able to keep track of my guys with the GPS system they have to offer. I am able to see speed, accidents, engine failures, oil changes and so much more. I am able to locate them ion real time so I always know where they are. It has a lot of features that can be used to help me navigate my guys and get them where they need to be.

Minpunten: The system will sometime glitch out and will not refresh. I have to reload the program a lot because it does this very often and I am unable to just refresh to solve the issue. Sometimes even after re loading I have to do it a second time to correct the issue. Its a tad bit hard to use some of the features as there are not many instructions.

Robin M.
CEO/Director
  • Beoordeeld op 4-1-2019

"Verizon Connect Autorenewal sham"

Opmerkingen: Awful.

Pluspunten: I'm too disturbed by the customer service to comment positively about the software

Minpunten: We had been with Fleetmatics/Verizon Connect for 12 years. We rec'd little support though a couple of years back, a sales rep called to have us sign a new contract with an annual autorenewal. This November we were researching Fleet tracking options and called F/VC to find out when our contract was up. We were told at the end of January so mid-December, we reached out to them to tell them that we weren't going to renew (we found another provider with more services and lower prices) and asked what we needed to do. The man who introduced himself as our "Customer Success Partner" told me that our contract requires 60 days notification so we were stuck through Jan 2020. I explained that we hadn't been informed that when we called. He sent me a copy of the contract and told me "too bad" that my company should understand who it is doing business with. He said in no uncertain terms we were locked in through Jan 2020. I asked to speak to his manager but was told she was out of the office but well aware so if I called her the next day, I wouldn't have any better success. I did a search on New York State law and learned that a contract w/ autorenewal needing notice of more than 30 days requires the vendor to notify the signee of their renewal timing by certified mail (or in person) betwn 15-30 days of the deadline or it's not enforceable. Within 24 hours I received confirmation that the contract will terminated this January and not the following!

• Beoordeeld op 4-1-2019
Beth H.
Dispatcher
Olie en energie, 2-10 werknemers

"So Easy to Use"

Opmerkingen: So far everything seems to be good. I have not had any issues so far using this product. Very easy to use

Pluspunten: I like that you can see all of your drivers in one screen and that it is easy to go back and replay where they have been.

Minpunten: Honestly I wish it would be more real time and less of a delay. Right now it updates every 2 minutes. Would be nice to see the truck moving in real time

Becky L.
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-6-2019

"verizon is too big to care"

Opmerkingen: Terrible. Verizon is about verizon customers are the dirt under their feet. They made so many mistakes that they could not and would not correct but then still charge as if they had done their job. This is by far my least favorite company. I look forward to the day a disruptor comes into their space and changes the way they must go to market to stay alive.

Pluspunten: the ease of use, app was good.................

Minpunten: the errors it had, it could never be corrected, the customer service was non existent, the software is good but the company sucks so bad I cancelled.

Jason B.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Olie en energie, 13-50 werknemers

"Tracking Our Team"

Pluspunten: The basics of the software are sound. Using the software is fairly easy and the mobile app is solid.

Minpunten: Lots of glitches and the web interface is constantly down. We see lots of lags in reporting as well.

Tammy F.
Bouw, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-6-2019

"Overpriced for what you get"

Opmerkingen: When we signed up the company was Fleetmatics, Verizon bought them at some point - which we did not know, no one ever called on us, etc. Found out from our Verizon phone dude...

Pluspunten: Live map view on the website works and it is difficult for an employee to remove from the vehicle

Minpunten: Doesn't integrate with our dispatching software as promised. A representative from the company has to install and remove the units. Support is very non responsive. We are being charged for more vehicles than we actually have and can get no results. Too expensive for the functionality and the results we get. Contracts are too long - I have come to conclude that companies that make you sign long contracts do so because they know they will give you bad service.

Don B.
Transportation Manager
Consumentendiensten, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-6-2019

"struggling"

Pluspunten: There is no feature that I believe stands out from the others I have used.

Minpunten: Compared to use of others, Reveal seems to be behind the software. I was given a bunch of lines to purchase the product and then once I did, none of the promises were handled. Customer service is slow to react, calls back at times after hours. They have gotten better but the past treatment still leaves a tough decision.

• Beoordeeld op 17-6-2019
Joey S.
  • Beoordeeld op 4-6-2020

"Run as fast as you can"

Opmerkingen: Horrible. If your looking for a good company with support, This company is not it!

Pluspunten: Easy to use. Would have cancelled a lot sooner, but they don't keep you informed on when contracts are expiring.

Minpunten: 1. Customer support is non-existent. Good luck reaching anyone that will help.
2. If you don't pay attention your contract renews automatically and they will not call to make sure you want to renew. When it does renew after the 3 year contract, your stuck with the same cost. They don't drop the price for just monitoring after you've paid for the hardware.
3. Good luck negotiating. That was a dead end for me.
4. They switched ownership 3-4 times while I was with them and never once had an e-mail or phone call touching base. I'm probably too small for them to care about.
5. I was finally able to catch it at the right time to cancel 7 of my units, but they refuse to cancel the other four until my contract expires. After overcharging for the last 5 years, you would think its the least they could do. Nope. They told me I can cancel, but I have to pay the 2 years on the contract. Who would pay a contract out and switch and not use what they've paid for. They don't give you a choice.

• Beoordeeld op 4-6-2020
Caity M.
Executive Project Coordinator
  • Beoordeeld op 10-1-2020

"Customer Service Nonexistent"

Opmerkingen: Overall it has been very frustrating to work with VerizonConnect. They seem to have no urgency when it comes to fixing issues and complaints/concerns from their customers. They tend to not respond to emails and do not value communication with the customer. It has become very obvious that they do not communicate internally between their various departments. It feels as if each of their departments are completely separate companies that don't get on the same page with one another. Maybe this review will finally get someone to respond to our emails. It has been over a month of us not being able to pay our initial invoice because they have not gotten us the proper documentation we need in order to pay. Out billing department consistently has tried to reach out to them to get this information and to connect with they billing department but nobody has responded to any of the requests. I wouldn't be surprised if they now charge us a late fee even though we have been actively trying to pay.

Pluspunten: The actual software seems to be working well with our fleet. My scheduling department has been testing this software out on a handful of our work trucks for the past few months and now want to install it for our entire fleet (30-40 or so trucks) so that would suggest that the software works, and is easy enough to use and worth the money.

Minpunten: The customer service at VerizonConnect. I can go weeks waiting for an email back from their team. It has been confirmed with their various departments that they do not communicate with each other internally so each of the departments I have had to interact with has had no idea what was going on / what issues were caused by their fellow departments. For example, the sales team got our business and sent us our contract to sign. We signed and paid for the services and sent it back. Over a month goes by of not hearing from them. I sent multiple requests for an update on the process and had no luck hearing back from anyone. Once they finally responded they gave me the contact information for some representative we had never heard of. I immediately reached out and a week goes by and I never heard back. Skip to another MONTH later and the product is finally installed. Apparently, their sales rep stopped being concerned with our contract and his response to our frustration with how long this all took and our disappointment in the lack of communication was to put blame on a different department and say it was all out of his control. Their customer service team / sales team said that this is something that "doesn't happen" (i.e. the lack of responding, the long wait time, the confusion between their departments) but similar situations have happened TWO MORE TIMES since then.

• Beoordeeld op 10-1-2020
Shawn G.
Fleet Administration Manager
Papier- en bosbouwproducten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-6-2019

"We Cried out for Help a Long Time "

Opmerkingen: Since we switched to ELD, absolute kaaos and mayhem. Sold us a product that wouldn't work with 2019 Kenworth. Our tablets were outdated, salesman never checked. We had to purchase $$$ tablets. The HOS violations report didn't work for 8 months. Vehicles we asked to be removed stayed in since 2016 (3 years). Could not provide a cable for a 2019 Kenworth for over 6 months. We were literally forced to go to a competitor. Our account rep was absolutely horrible. The fellow we got at the end was nice, but it was too late by then.

Pluspunten: We liked Fleetmatics. We liked that power units and trailers could go on one page. We liked the reports the program offered. The Irish were friendly, and easy to work with. They were always knowledgeable, and helpful.

Minpunten: The tablets lost connection with the truck in no cell service areas. Verizon never announced updates. When updates occurred, they would interfere (take presidence) over the logbook in use, blocking drivers from logging in/out from breaks, and creating excessive unassigned miles. The gps would say 195 miles when we travelled 12 miles, not accurate. A vehicle we did not own showed up in our fleet. Vin numbers and vehicle data came up missing. Very unpredictable and inaccurate data. Portions of the program were inop for long periods of time. Notifications for events occurring in the future, how does that happen? Techs support not all on the same page as far as procedure when we called in. Some fixed things, others said there was no fix. Clearly not all trained, and the gap is huge. Some were argumentative.

• Beoordeeld op 24-6-2019
Ashley W.
Executive Assistant
  • Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019

"Incompetent Customer Service"

Opmerkingen: If you can find another company that has good coverage, choose them. I never had these kinds of issues before Verizon took over.

Pluspunten: The software is user friendly and once you have the hang of it, it's easy to navigate the site as well as manage different locations and their vehicles as well. The reporting comes in handy as well.

Minpunten: The customer service is terrible. Ever since Verizon Connect took over Fleetmatics, it's all gone down hill drastically. While everyone I have talked with is very polite, they never seem to be able to discern between two different cases, can never send out the necessary parts as requested, even after they have said it will all be taken care of and they will ship out in no time. Just today, I called about a specific case number and wanted to make sure the parts needed for an install had shipped and would make it for our appointment on Monday, as we had not received them. The woman I spoke with could not find anything regarding the parts having shipped or not. She then said she found where they had arrived but that was for an entirely different case number. This was a situation where I already had to reschedule the install due to not having parts shipped as they said they would. So here we are, third time around and hopefully third times the charm. Unfortunately, this is the same story on each separate occasion when we need installs completed. I fully intend on trying to reach someone at a higher level to find out the reason behind this level of incompetency.

• Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019
Carlos F.
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019

"Contract renewal"

Opmerkingen: Everything was good till I try to get in contact with my account manager, I was placed on a phone call with a rep, because I was offered a better price on another company so I called to see if Verizon could have giving me a better price to increase my units. This was not possible because the only do this when the contract it about to expired, I remember that I had a contract, but my calculation it should had expired well it's not the case happen that I have sign up for 3 years renewable automatic 3 MORE YEARS if you don't provide then with a request on writing to be place on file till the end of your contract, but as per the rep I could buy my full contract, Well my advice to you is BE careful with this contract because it do not make sense to have a contract after you had comply with the first 3 YEARS 36 MONTH!

Pluspunten: Software is good it do a good job but read your contract.

Minpunten: It refresh over 90 seconds most of the time.

• Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019
Norma S.
Fleet Manager
Olie en energie, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-6-2019

"Truck Tracking made easy"

Opmerkingen: Like i said before very useful tool to help keep your workers from driving to fast or reckless.

Pluspunten: its easy to use to locate a truck. I really like the feature where i can get directions to a truck it is such a useful tool.

Minpunten: i don't like that its so hard for me to pull a report from the data. I just want to be able to pull a spread sheet that will have the information in one place for each truck. like for it to read simple not have to look everywhere for it
For Example
DATE:, Trk #,Engine on:,Stop Time:,Idle Time:,Travel Time:,Distance(mile),Start/End Time,VIOLATIONS
6/1/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/2/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/3/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
6/4/19- 001 H M H M H M H M 101.1 H M 2 SPEEDING
Because right now i have to read the whole report look minute by minute to get to the end of the report for that information. I think this way would be way easier for me to get & pull the data i need. Plus i have to go through the replay to see if there were any speeding or braking violations with what the speed is with how fast the where going. Looking forward to maybe seeing this happen.

Steven C.
Automotive Technology Instructor/Fleet Manager
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-6-2018

"Basically, a very good product. I highly recommend that you consider it for your fleet management."

Pluspunten: Allows me to spend less time on fleet management and more time on other duties. Allows for driver accountability. Before we used manual logs to write in mileage. There were many gaps. Vehicles would be driven 100s of miles with no documentation of where they had been. We were also able to identify dangerous driving habits (90+ mph with a vehicle load of students!). We use it to provide dynamic routing to pickup students that have had their off-site schedule change. Finally, I have a good handle on maintenance and vehicles are serviced on time, because I can plan ahead. We even use it to track car washings. Training is great, customer service has always help me out in that regard.

Minpunten: There is no way to easily display current mileage. You must go into the edit vehicle function to display current mileage. There is no way to display the mileage of the vehicle during a trip. It will display the mileage traveled during the trip but not the actual vehicle odometer reading. Not a huge deal, but there are times where it might be useful (forgot to write down mileage of service that I performed in-house). Calculated mileage will drift over time, sometimes by a few hundred miles, so you should be adjusting about once a month by comparing actual vehicle mileage with program calculated. Add a driver as user is challenging if driver is not defined as a user first. Customer service is usual great, but it took me almost a month to get additional fobs last time.

• Beoordeeld op 19-6-2018
Sandy E.
CFO

"Tacking vehicles"

Opmerkingen: We bought it for e-logs, and tracking vehicles. Difficult for users to easily use.

Pluspunten: I can fined all my vehicles when I need to.

Minpunten: Integration with other software isn't very easy. Also, administration is not as intuitive as it should be. Difficult to find what I am looking for, and can't always save something if I don't have complete info.

Joseph C.
Dispatcher

"Verizon Connect Review"

Opmerkingen: Route Optimization. Traffic is everywhere is constant here in Massachusetts. I can then determine the best route.

Pluspunten: I like how I can see all of the trucks on the map. I can hover over one of the icons and it will tell me where they are, how fast they going and who is driving. It also tells me how long they have idleing. I am constantly using the "Find Nearest" option as well, this gives the ability to tell customers exactly when the truck will be arriving on site. Overall We are happy with this platform.

Minpunten: The replay option. I dislike this feature. One reason being I have to watch the whole thing if I just need to see how long the last run took. On the timeline bar below I want to be able to slide that to whatever time frame I need to watch.

Mike W.
Operations Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018

"The technology and product work reasonably well. The information is an asset to managing the fleet"

Pluspunten: The software is relatively intuitive....which is good because the customer support is the worst I have EVER experienced with any product! If you enjoy figuring things out on your own, you will really love this product. You can make it work for you with a little experimentation and some extra time invested.

Minpunten: The customer support is non existent. They have a lot of nice people answering the phone that are very sorry for your troubles...."someone" will get back to you within 24 hours. Unfortunately when they get back to you they are unable to assist you so they will elevate your issue to the tier 2 rep. The tier 2 rep will then get back with you in 24 hours. The tier 2 rep will likely be unable to help you...but they are also very nice, courteous folks who are sincerely sorry for your issue. The tier 2 rep will elevate it to a high priority and you will be contacted within 24 hours. The high priority rep will email you and ask if you have completed the proper documentation and send the forms to you....these will be the same forms you received and completed prior to this whole cycle beginning. Save the original forms so you can just resend it. It will save you time. I am sure by now you get the point...I have waited well over 6 weeks to get a device installed in a vehicle for fleet expansion. This has happened on more than one occasion. At present I am looking for another vendor who has equivalent technology with a matching suite of genuine customer service. My advice would be that you continue to look elsewhere and see what you can find before you are trapped in a 24 hour service cycle!

• Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018
Adam B.
Operations manager
Groothandel, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-6-2019

"Poor customer support and follow through"

Opmerkingen: Customer support is awful. We started with fleetmatics in 2016 with 9 total trucks in our fleet. Once Verizon took over, i noticed the customer support took a nose dive and has never been the same. The sales reps take days or weeks to reply to voicemail and emails, or don't respond at all. We downsized to 8 trucks, and we are still being billed for 9 trucks, despite our sales rep guaranteeing me it has been rectified. I have reached out countless times to accounting, sales reps and nothing has been done. The rep instructed me to sign up for another contract and the 9th unit will fall off our plan. Yet, we are still invoiced for 8 total units. Each month we short pay by one unit, and its extremely frustrating to deal with this when Verizon is supposed to streamline our operations. Perhaps leaving negative feedback will prompt a manager to finally reach out to me and fix this once and for all. Not happy and would'nt recommend their service to any other motor carriers! Im on the verge of terminating our agreement and switching to Samsara! ab

Pluspunten: Running reports on harsh events, speeding, cornering very easy.

Minpunten: Hours of service functions difficult to monitor. often times our drivers will see something on their tablet such as in their rest period, but on my end they still appear on duty. The ELD customer service hotline is always on point to help our drivers, and lead the way in support. If only the sales reps could do the same!

Nate L.
Distribution Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 18-2-2020

"Verizon Reveal "

Opmerkingen: Overall It has been good. Not great, but good. A lot of work on my part to keep things working with the software. Either way we still get very good track and reports at times when we need them.

Pluspunten: Like the App that i can track where our trucks are at any moment. I like the reports that I can run to see different metrics of the truck. The user interface is pretty easy to use, simple and concise.

Minpunten: Customer service has been good and then bad. Tend to be a new person every few months that is over our account. Had some install issues with the contractors who installed trackers. Would like to be able to see current mileage of truck in reveal. The reports are shoddy at times, especially gas card purchases.

• Beoordeeld op 18-2-2020
Kurt F.
Vice President

"Never ending contract"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with Verizon connect reveal And its previous named fleetmatics has been absolutely atrocious. we were sold this product with false hope about what it could and couldn't do And then we were charged a ton of money for services that we were not actually given. The customer service and the contracts are ridiculous so even if I wanted to switch to a different service I would have to pay over $10000 to buy my way out of my contract which I think is absolutely ridiculous. Long story short I'm stuck with this service forever and I'll never be able to get out of this contract.

Pluspunten: This product helps me keep track of my vehicles And helps me to see who needs help where and when they will be at customers homes. It allows me to track speed driving behavior As well as keep track If the crews are where they are supposed to be.

Minpunten: I do not like that the standard reveal software does not allow you to split Your routes between multiple vehicles. The other service that We purchased originally with reveal allow you to do that but in a very convoluted and not user friendly way and it was very expensive to do a very simple task. I have to use multiple software is now to do the same thing I should be able to do one that I pay an arm and a leg for.

Jennifer G.
Safety & Compliance Coordinator
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 201-500 werknemers

"ELD System"

Opmerkingen: It's beneficial to be able to see where each driver/truck is and not have to constantly bother drivers to find out ETAs. Customer service will troubleshoot a driver and provide them with help for their Logbook issues.

Pluspunten: The software is user friendly and easy to train drivers on the system with the online training and quiz. There are many positive features such as reporting and tracking along with a simplified screen to show each driver's available hours for the day. Customer service is available 24/7 which is what an OTR Trucking company needs to provide their driver's with assistance for their Logbooks. Being able to see where your driver/truck is at all times is a saving grace and saves time from having to make a phone call to the driver asking for an ETA.

Minpunten: There were a lot of bugs in the initial roll out of the system, however as time has progressed it seems to have improved significantly. A lot of updates which drivers are not fond of as many drivers are not tech savvy and it would be better if they could limit their updates by testing the functionality of the updates prior to rolling out of the update.

Chuck E.
VP Operations
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-2-2017

"Good product, HORRID customer service."

Opmerkingen: I've had this product for just over 2 years now tracking 17 trucks. Overall, I like the software, the mobile app, the fuel integration, mileage tracking, and service notifications. We've had a few issues with the installed units, but the installation team (which is subcontracted out) is very prompt and responsive to getting the issues resolved. My account rep and sales team, however, are a different matter altogether.
First off, most of the time I call customer service, I will inevitably be transferred at LEAST 2 times to a different department, and will have to explain the issue in full each and every time. I had a billing dispute (where they charged me for an add-on e-log that was never received nor installed in my trucks) and they refused to issue me a credit or even really address the issue. Their entire attitude is basically "well, we shipped them out (to the wrong address) and it's not our fault you didn't install them". I've spoken with my account rep, his boss, and even the Customer service manager. Not only will they NOT respond to calls or messages (they never answer the phone), but emails go unanswered as well. I'm currently fighting them to buy out my contract so I can find a company that will actually provide service to their customers. Do your homework folks... Good product, TERRIBLE customer service!

Pluspunten: ease of use, easy to install

Minpunten: Customer service is HORRID!

• Beoordeeld op 16-2-2017
Joshua M.
chief operating officer
Kantoorbenodigdheden, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-7-2019

"A great GPS Solution"

Opmerkingen: Their customer service, the products and features and the overall price are great. Honestly after reviewing 3 or 4 competitors this is the best option. I would highly reccomend if your tied in with other verizon partners. If not the system as a standalone gives you everything and more you could want, it just makes it potentially a double entry situation.

Pluspunten: It is feature packed, however my one star i took away is because it only intergrates now with verizon Partners. We use none of those, so its completey stand alone for us. It works great for a fleet of any size. Installation of the units is quick and we have only had one issue with scheduling. The software is very reliable and we have no outages or missed data.

Minpunten: The cost, to be honest the cost isnt bad, however every new unit is under a extended contract. This greatly limits our ability to be fluid with our internal processes as were locked in for a new term with each new unit. It would be fantastic if this system/software could be easily intergrated with other programs. Our dispatching software doesnt allow us to intergrate with this software so were stuck using standalone systems.

• Beoordeeld op 3-7-2019