Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Meltwater

Tools waarmee marketing-, communicatie- en PR-professionals de wereld om hen heen kunnen volgen, analyseren en beïnvloeden.

Meer informatie over Meltwater

Sometimes it has issues with data accuracy and time zone and the last thing is that it provides a limited amount of data.

Beoordelingen van Meltwater

3,9
3,6
4,0
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,4

Meltwater heeft een totaalscore van 4,0 van 5 sterren op basis van 91 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Meltwater eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (91)

Javier Victor Marian
Javier Victor Marian
Network Security Auditor in VS

best monitoring media software

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: best tool for monitoring media outlets in latin america!

sysomos is a great combination of automated software that look into media outlets news in digital and keep a look into social media. Also, they have a robust database of latin america. Before wans't so great but they keep updating it. Now, it is hard to find adicional news outside sysomos.

i have problems sharing my monitors and querys with other users and customer suppport couldn't help me. Also time to timee they have a breach or something working wrong and you dont receive and alert by email and they are very slow to solve it. I have issues in the past with my clients because of this.

DeDe
Communications Manager in VS
Nutsbedrijven, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

One tool that does almost everything we need

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We've been using it in this office for about 2 years now, and I used them previously at another job, as well. They're very responsive when you need help with something. I like the tool. It's intuitive and does just about everything we'd want it to. I do think their sales tactics were a little heavy-handed sometimes, putting deadlines on offers and whatnot, but when I talked to them about it, they lightened up a lot.

The dashboard for easy monitoring of our media and social coverage.

They charge separate pricing for everything, and it seems that every time I turn around they're rolling out a cool new feature they want to share, but it's always extra.

4 jaar geleden

Dede, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we continue to provide high-quality care. Thank you very much for your feedback and are glad you have continued to find value in Meltwater.

Abe
VP in VS
Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Disappointing Tool, More Disappointing Support & Client "Success"

1,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: From a services/support/client success perspective, this is where the disappointment continues. Despite messaging our "client success manager" of our desire to not renew and cancel our subscription, we continued to receive a mix of promotional and reengagement emails and outreach. It got to a point where we asked our "client success manager" to please disable our instance of the platform so our team would stop receiving the useless alert emails that were filling up our inboxes. Despite several emails, our CSM never replied to the emails or heeded our request to disable our account. We later interacted with the online chat support to work with a human being to deactivate our account. This time, we were told that our request would be passed on to the appropriate team members and acted upon immediately; however, nothing ever happened. We eventually found the email of a [sensitive content hidden] for client success and forwarded the response. They finally responded and said we had to participate in an exit interview before they would formally close our account. We politely declined given the back and forth that had already taken place and asked for our account to be disabled/terminated. After several weeks, this has still not been addressed, and the [sensitive content hidden] has not responded to any emails since.How you treat your clients when they leave you should be the same as how you treat them the day before they sign with you. It's disappointing to see a company respond (or

The platform seemed to deliver daily "monitoring" alerts on a daily schedule as promised. While not worth anything to our organization, the emails did come every day as promised.

As a product/platform, Meltwater was an overpriced, worse alternative to Google alerts and provided no semblance of quality monitoring results for our organization. Their reputation monitoring tool returned highly unrelated results from a majority of click-bait, AI-generated SEO websites. I can't think of how many times our team would look at the "alert" emails and laugh at both the quality of the results followed by the obscureness of the websites it was pulling content from. Separately, we set up basic Google Alerts along with Hootsuite and a handful of other free/inexpensive social media monitoring alerts, and the info from there was far better in quality and delivery than what we had received from Meltwater.In fairness, Meltwater was deployed by legacy employees who did not have a full breadth of understanding of the platform's purpose or potential. However, it appears that there was minimal, if any, implementation and launch support and/or validation from the Meltwater team that the monitoring results were what we were looking for.

Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Good Social Listening Tool

4,0 4 maanden geleden

the deep analytics provided Segregation of data city/state/country wise different verticals and sections for campaign, monitoring, and others

to provide ease use of keywords, some social listening rules such as use of capital alphabets in boolean operators have been bended, but in long term, the professionals of this vertical can be affected due to this

Jeff
CMO in VS
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

We use Meltwater Daily and Have for Years... Great tool and service.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We've been a customer for 3+ years and use Meltwater on a daily basis. Initially, we were mostly using the media monitoring features exclusively, and that alone was enough value to justify our account. More recently we've also been using the Influencer platform for media research and outreach and that has also proven to be extremely useful. Much of our content marketing is driven by things we're able to uncover on a daily basis using Meltwater.

The breadth of features. Ease of use and flexibility. Daily email reports, customizable Dashboards, integration with analytics and social platforms, comprehensive media/influencer database and contact platform. Outstanding proactive service and support.

No real complaints about the software. It is very robust and even after several years, we are finding new beneficial ways to leverage Meltwater.

Hailley
Hailley
Public Relations Director in VS
Internet, 51-200 werknemers

I will never recommend any Meltwater products or services

1,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I will never recommend Meltwater as a product or service. Their staff aren't knowledgable and their salespeople sneak auto-renewals into their contracts to keep people on as customers. As a company no one is able to take responsibility and they don’t offer genuine support for their customers

Some of their employees genuinely want to help (which is what I like best) however, Meltwater as a company doesn't give them the tools to do so.

Terrible customer support: If you try calling Meltwater's customer support number often times they simply don't pick up. No ownership: One of their employees openly admitted to a high turnover rate of employees and as such, no one was willing to take responsibility for what someone who no longer worked at Meltwater had done. Search results are not accurate: I worked with three account representatives to get accurate results about my company and they never fully worked out. They both missed several key results (the whole purpose of using this service was so I didn't have to dig to find them) and they also brought in incorrect results. Mediate database is out of date: I used their media database several times and it was always difficult to use plus there wasn't updated contact information for reporters. I had better luck looking for emails and phone numbers myself. !!They sneak auto-renewals into contracts and do not notify you!! Even if you tell them you are not planning on renewing it has to be in written form or else they will force you into another year. I no longer trust this team or company to care for their customers.

Dawn
Owner in VS
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Simple Intuitive Social Media Monitoring

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If you are new to social media marketing and need a software that is easy to follow, Meltwater is one of the best on the market. It will give you all of the tools you need to effectively take your social media presence to the next level by comparing previous posts and finding what truly works best for your brand.

I'm a business owner for a small ecommerce based business. Social media is a huge part of our advertising and it's extremely time consuming to manage entirely on my own. This software allows me to view important analytics in one place. The interface is extremely intuitive and very easy to use. Everything you "need" to know is on the front page. You can see everything from mentions to impressions and new followers all in one place. They even have a "positivity percentage" and "competitive rank" that compares your audience reaction to others in a similar field.

I've used quite a few social media marketing tools. This one is simple- and that's one thing I really like about it. But I'd like to see a few more options. I really wish I could find a software that allowed me to both manage and monitor in the same application. But, alas, I can only find softwares that do one or the other.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Dawn, thank you for your positive review! We're glad you find such value in our products. We do offer a streamlined solutions to social media management and social listening in one platform, so I encourage you to connect with your account rep!

Linda
Linda
Director of Digital Communications in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Robust Social Media Monitoring at a Price

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We tend to use Meltwater in times of social media crises — and it cuts down on manual data compilation and creates easy-to-understand reports for all stakeholders.

Robust social monitoring capabilities, easy to set up, really great customer support, easily customizable, and easy to export reports.

It's pricey, but with social media monitoring that is to be expected. In this realm, you get what you pay for, and Meltwater is worth the price because it just pulls in way more intel than any other solution available.

Kara
Kara
News Writer in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Great Spreading the Word

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Meltwater has been an easy tool to use to distribute information and also see the analytics of how it's being received, opened, clicked, etc. We also use the tool to create a Daily Digest of hits that mention our business in the media or on Twitter.

This software is completely user friendly. It is easy to upload press releases and sent to various distribution lists.

Sometimes there are glitches or issues where if there is a lot of traffic happening via Meltwater which makes your particular information experience a delay. Usually, Meltwater staff are able to identify log jams pretty quickly.

Sportartikelen, 201-500 werknemers

Keep tabs on your company online.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Meltwater has given me the ability to monitor what is being said about my company in one place.

It provides a very useful spread of information regarding everything that is being said about your company.

Not all packages are necessary and they will try to up-sell you. Granted that's just another part of business.

Danielle
Social Media Manager in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

Great for social listening

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, this is a great tool for a PR and social media person to share and inform their work. Instead of doing a lot of manual searches online and on social media, you can get daily mentions in one simple email digest. It's a big time-saver.

I primarily use this software to keep an eye on the brand in the media for social media purposes. I like that I get a daily digest every morning at 9:30 am that helps me identify opportunities to engage with online users during the day.

The user experience design could use some improvement.

Shantel
Operations Assistant in VS

Meltwater Review

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My team benefits from saving time while searching for media coverage and Meltwater has great reporting analytics to show each client the amazing weekly progress.

Meltwater is user-friendly and a huge help in monitoring media coverage for our clients. I can also add missing articles very easily to added content for each client on the board searches.

The algorithm for searching each client can be difficult at first but by call your representative, they will go through the best algorithm for your client so, you can find media coverage with ease.

Cassie
Marketing Communication Specialist in VS
Telecommunicatie, 51-200 werknemers

Complicated Product

4,0 5 jaar geleden

There are some cool feautres in Meltwater, like being able to search history by specific keywords and dates and exlcusions, and getting email notifications that we can set up for when certain words or our brand is mentioned. It also worked for us to schedule out social posts.

There are some complications in getting up social posts - sometimes it wouldn't properly tag the person we were trying to tag in our post, and you can't go back and edit a post after it's done to tag the person. Sometimes it almost feels like there are too many features that are difficult to learn to use, and not enough help to properly learn how to use the software. It shouldn't be that complicated. I think it is way over-priced for what you get, and there are competitors much better matched for our needs.

Emirhan
Music in Turkije
Muziek, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Meltwater is useful

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Thanks to its interface and content, it is very easy and functional, saving time and work. And one of the plus aspects is that it's free.

Although it is incomplete, it gives sufficient information.

I really enjoyed using Sysomos! It was easy to get set up and researching for our office.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It assisted with understanding customer needs, how they use our product, and developing our line.

It helped organize and visually represent data for our online presence, determine how to expand our product line, and track customer sentiment. It is quite robust. If you really get it going you can track industry activity as it starts to trend.

It took a while to learn. There are videos to assist, and but the system is quite robust. It is on the pricey side.

Ed
Director of Marketing and Communications in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Meltwater - Media Outreach

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Customer Service is TOPS - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] my rep, is always on the ball!

The ease with which to send a press release on the National newswire.

The more options they add to the program the more expensive it becomes - there is a lot that I am unfamiliar with nor have the time or money to explore.

Julie
Julie
Communications Specialist in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 201-500 werknemers

Meltwater does the trick

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We continue to renew our contract with Meltwater, because, compared to competitors, the service is financially feasible. The interface upgrades have also kept us happy. Overall, Meltwater helps us distribute news effectively and that's exactly what its supposed to do.

Meltwater has made A LOT of improvements to their user interface recently. Building lists has gotten a lot eaiser and quicker. I'm able to quickly scan and select thousands of contacts.

Meltwater's customer service leaves something to desire. In the four years that I've used the platform, my service rep has changed at least a half-dozen times. Each new person wants to connect to see how things are going, but most of the time they just try to sell us on something new. They are not concerned with understanding our business.

Joseph
CRO in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

The Best PR Tool on the planet

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Super experience. Great tool.

Meltwater is indispensable for any startup looking to gain insights into the PR side of marketing. We would be lost without it.

There is a lot of information that sometimes can be overwhelming but once you get the hang of it it is easy to use.

Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers

Social Listening made Easy and Fun

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a strategist in an international marketing and advertising agency, Sysomos was a crucial tool to gauge and extract information from social platforms and update our clients and also use the gathered insights for our campaigns. It is recommended as it gives an integrated platform to get social analytics and create actionable customer engagement opportunities.

Sysomos is a comprehensive software that gives a complete overview to get insights from social listening. it also has features that enable visualising data in diagrams and charts to get more information from the data.

Sometimes it can get confusing as the format and layout might get a little cluttered and not so easy to use.

Financiële dienstverlening

My all time fav social media listening tool to date

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Insights for clients which helped them make key business decisions. Wonderful reporting and social metrics.

I have used several different social listening tools out there, and this is my favorite for many reasons. It's simple, customizable, visually appealing and provides meaningful results.

The customer service could be improved. With other tools, I have had a dedicated team who checks in with me, etc.

Sanjay
Sanjay
Student Worker in India
Tekstschrijvers, 501-1.000 werknemers

Map

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's a good software that saves time and sitting at home can use it in its small device and it makes it easier for the person to arrive and a free demo of any place can tell.

Here is a good software. The person can easily see the map of any place in its device and use it.

The quality of the map of the software is not so high that I can tell it to myself very clear.

Specialist in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Meltwater Review

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's been great. The customer service and walkthrough they provided was great customer service.

It's a one-size-fits-all for running social channels. The ability to schedule, check analytics and build lists is unmatched.

There's not much not to like. I do wish that meltwater app and meltwater engaged were within the same platform for ease of use.

4 jaar geleden

Hi Michael, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We will pass your feedback along to the team.

Shane
Director - Analytics & Marketing in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Access to great data

4,0 3 jaar geleden

one of the most comprehensive listening platforms. what i love is that i can see all of the data and get unlimited data runs. Analytics its catching up with the competition, but still has some way to go. a lot of filer options are now available

Sentiment analysis is not good, but the option to manually override the tag is helpful. they should have used sysomos's algorithm. lacks any demographics data within the main tool. you need to subscribe to a partner portal to get insights (which is somewhat worth it)

Becky
Social Media Manager in VK
Consumentengoederen, 201-500 werknemers

Useful but not as was sold to us

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Social listening tools are useful once you set them up. The insights for social media platforms are useful

Social listening tools are great in principle, but you need a comprehensive understanding of boolean search parameters, and although we were offered support from our account manager, this didn't actually come about

Amy
Senior Account Executive in VS

Media Platform

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was a good platform for tracking data and finding new resources

A complex platform with the abilities to showcase great insight for communications and media professionals

A lot of features and functions, sometimes not so intuitive or easy to use. Not much mobile functionality either.