Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Nearpod

Nearpod is een collaboratieve presentatietool waarmee docenten hun leerlingen betrokken kunnen maken en hun gegevens kunnen beoordelen met behulp van mobiele apparaten.

Meer informatie over Nearpod

Students can interact with a website when it is displayed, but as you move to the next slide the link disappears.

Beoordelingen van Nearpod

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Nearpod heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 163 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Nearpod eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (163)

K-12 Curriculum Director in VS

Focused Lessons Providing Immediate Student Data

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a teacher, I loved using Nearpod for engaging student learning experiences. My students enjoyed the variety of activities we could complete together as a class, and no one fell behind during the lesson. As an administrator, I also use Nearpod to keep staff on the same page as I introduce professional development materials.

I most enjoy Nearpod's customizable lesson platform. A teacher can include assessments, polls, virtual field trips, and even links to outside sources throughout their lesson. Nearpod's ability to keep every student on the same slide at the same time is also powerful for classroom management.

The only negative aspect of Nearpod is that not all of the features are free. I wish I was able to utilize all the site's function's without having to pay, but I do feel that Nearpod is worth paying for.

Nicole Latifah
Lecturer in Saoedi-Arabië

I Used to Love Nearpod but Now I'm Through With Them

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I used to love them but now I see they don't value their loyal customers, they only value money.

Everything was good until they stole my content.

Their user policy.I am very upset about the Nearpod policies, and I am going to complain on every venue that I can. I have been a paying gold membership on Nearpod for 5 years. My account has always been paid automatic, so I did not have to concern myself. When my card got stolen and I had to replace it, of course the number had to change. I did realize that my membership had expired. When I went to do my lessons all of one class lessons that I had accumulated over the 5 years was gone. When I contacted Nearpod they told me they would return them when I renew my gold membership. I asked them how they could take the lessons that I created on a paid subscription. If anything, they can prevent me from making new one but the ones that are created, I have already paid for, they are mine. They said because it is on their platform. This is utterly ridiculous and a misuse of the monopoly. In 5 years of using Nearpod, I know I have brought them thousands of customers from my university and other educational institutions that I work with. I loved them and could not get enough of them. NOW I AM THROUGH WITH THEM. I CAN’T BELIEVE THEY ARE TAKING BACK SOMETHING THAT I PAID FOR 5 YEARS!!! I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW.

Miranda
Librarian in VS
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

Not for me

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I found Nearpod very challenging to use. While there are plenty of examples and use cases, this tool simply doesn't have the ROI for me to continue using.

Nearpod offers a pleathora of features and options to make learning engaging for it's users (students for example).

Personally, I found it very challenging to use. The amount of time needed to invest in creating and inputing content was not worth the return.

Marina
Instructional Coach in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Great for staff and students

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

I like how Nearpod has changed and adapted over the years to meet the needs of the upcoming generational interests in digital tools. It seems like every time I visit the site, there are new features available. It is also easy to integrate into an LMS automatic sign in.

Nearpod would benefit from new branding because most people associate it with the way it used to be-- an online powerpoint platform.

Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers

Nearpod for Education

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love the "time to climb" aspect when I am teaching a live lesson. Students visually can see their progress and this motivates them to continue.

I like the funcionality of nearpod in allowing the creation an sharing of a lesson in a fun format. With Nearpod, I can import a lesson that I have already created in Google slides, power point or I can create them through nearpod. I can embed a virtual field trip, musical links and audio files throughout my created lesson. As I am giving a live lesson, each student sees my annotations and discovers for themselves the lesson, as it allows themm to individually work through an assignment.

Nearpod does not make it easy for me to see what my students are doing all at the same time. It does not let me see the notes that they took.

Hope
Instructional Technology Coach in VS
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers

Bringing Engagement Back to the Classroom and PD

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Nearpod is an educational technology company that puts educators and students first. They continually improve their product and understand today's school and classroom.

Nearpod is a must-have tool for educators. It is engaging and has students interacting with their education. Nearpod has a free version that contains a lot of features but also has a paid version. Nearpod has so many different ways to make lessons interactive. They also have an extensive library of well-developed lessons and they keep up to date with current events. Nearpod is at the top of my ed tech tools list.

The free version is limiting, but it still offers a lot. Sometimes the new and amazing updates are delayed on the app, but work on the web.

Elias
Elias
Consultant in Mexico
Managementconsulting, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Nearpod

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I can execute better my lesson plans and reach the learning goals that I set at the beggining of the term

In these times when students have too many distractors and consume too many information, I found that Nearpod allows me to center the students attention and participation in an easy and fun way. It also allows me to execute my lesson plan more accurately in terms of the learning process goals and objectives. The platform is easy to use for both, teachers and students.

I don´t find any cons at this moment. I rather say that it is in constantly development

Lisa
Director of Educational Technology in VS
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

My new favorite distance learning tools!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We had more teachers use this service than any other offered because they said it was very user friendly and it gave them great immediate feedback on student progress.

I am the director of educational technology at a school that recently shifted to virtual learning. We gave our teachers several lesson delivery/classroom management services to try out and this was their favorite. Nearpod has a great resource library with lots of great videos and lesson content. You also can track everything about how a student engages with the content you post.

I am curious how expensive it is going to be. The service is free right now because of COVID-19 but we will definitely need to invest in it next year.

Shane
Shane
Instructional Technology Facilitator in VS
Schoolleiding

Middle school science teacher for 5 years; Instructional Technology Facilitator for 2 hears

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Nearpod is a high-quality, user-friendly, reliable presentation program that could be a valuable asset in every teachers classroom. There is a fee, but it's definitely worth the investment individually or at the school-wide level. For starters, it's easy to create slide decks, but what's amazing is that these presentations can be pushed to student devices or phones instantly and with ease. Students can then follow along and interact with the instructor. Other types of presentations can easily be converted and used within NearPod, too, so you don't have to reinvent good material. Just upload and begin pushing to students with ease. Next, audio and video files can be dropped in to decks which enables students to interact with the multimedia individually or in groups. Beyond that, and perhaps my favorite feature is the ability to collect real-time feedback from students through a wide variety of question types/formats. This enables the presenter to pace the lesson appropriately, follow-up with anyone who may be struggling, or engage students in conversation or clarifications based on the feedback. Next, NearPod has a database of phenomenal content available to educators. Large amounts are free. Some of the content even offers VR360 opportunities for students who are using capable devices. Last, I just appreciate that they are committed to improving their product - always taking steps forward, listening to user concerns, offering loudly support, and advancing.

It would be great if they could add on some sort of homework feature for students who may not have access to WiFi. I know they are exploring several potentials here, and I think they'll figure out a solution, but this would be helpful for flipping the classroom in Title One environments.

Heather
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers

Incredible Teaching Tool

5,0 6 maanden geleden

What I love about Nearpod is the extensive library of lessons and activities for students. I also like that Nearpod had the extension for google slides to take existing PowerPoint and import them to Nearpod to make them more interactive.

The lessons can be isolated and don’t always build as a curriculum would, but it’s a great supplemental resources.

Shana
ESL Teacher in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

The perfect tool for asynchronous work and differentiation

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Nearpod has been an incredible addition to my self-contained English as a Second Language classroom. My new to country students are emergent in their language and literacy skills, but are able to navigate Nearpod easily after only a few tutorial sessions. It has made a huge difference in what work I can provide for them to do during independent work time while I meet with small groups. Seriously, this is an instructional game changer. I was lucky enough to have a small class size that allowed us to be 1:1 for devices, but this would have worked by staggering online and offline activities as well.

Nearpod is an incredibly easy to navigate platform. The interface with Google Slides is seamless and allows for greater creativity in building slide decks for instruction. It has a variety of student response types (matching, drawing, multiple choice, short answer, etc.) and they are adding features on a regular basis. This program is especially helpful for providing the same instruction at asynchronous times (student-paced option) or for guiding synchronous lessons across devices (live lesson option). Reports let you know who logged in to the lesson as well as what their responses were to various prompts. There are a wealth of lessons in the lesson library that you can launch as is or modify to fit your instructional needs. Because students are able to work through it independently, you can use Nearpod as an independent work station and have students logged into remediation, practice, or enrichment lessons simultaneously. Because you can record audio over slides as well as within question prompts, this is an excellent tool to differentiate for students who need accommodations and who are emergent in their literacy skills. Nearpod also works as an excellent tool for delivering professional development as you can record audio over slides, embed videos, and link to outside sources.

Audio recording is only available through lessons created within Nearpod (cannot be imported through Google Slides extension), but I'm sure this is something that will be modified in future updates.

Miss
Full-Time Student in VS
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great Software for Interactive Learning

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Nearpod takes off the stress that online learning has imposed on our backs. It makes learning fun and engaging and without a doubt, I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone else considering getting any software to make online learning more effective.

This software is one of my favorites to use in the classroom, especially during these times of online learning. Often, students have their videos turned off during online classes. So, there is no way for teachers to tell if they are engaged in the lesson or off doing something else. Online classes don't allow student-teacher relationships to be as intimate if they were before. Teachers cannot get to know their students through their responses and tailor their way of teaching to fit the needs of the students. With Nearpod, this is made possible. Using Nearpod benefits both students and teachers. It allows teachers to ensure students are paying attention to the lesson and students to make sure they are retaining something from it. Overall it is a very easy-to-use software and the free version has a lot of great features.

There are very few things to dislike about this software. I do hope that in the future, Nearpod allows those who do not have access to wifi be able to use the software without as many disruptions, such as the lagging.

Kellie
teacher in VS
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers

A must have for the classroom

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As described above, I use this every day. It is something the kids love using and gives you immediate results. I use it mostly as a teacher led tool, but use the student led, which is at their own pace occasionally. You can create your own lessons or search the very extensive lessons in the Nearpod library. You can also save searched lessons and modify them to meet the needs of your class.!

I love almost everything about this. I started using this three years ago and it became a go-to. Since covid, it has been my most used tool. The best thing is the kids LOVE it, especially the "Time to Climb". You can create interactive lessons, as well as quizzes and so much more.

NOTHING. This program has so many useful things for teaching and learning. I guess the one downfall is in order to save over a certain amount of lessons, you have to have the upgraded membership, which in my opinion, is worth every cent.

Alana
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers

The #1 Student Engagement Tool

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love how there is a product that can bring student learning to life in an easy to facilitate way.

I love how Nearpod allows you to use Google Slides to upload pre-made lessons into engaging virtual lessons to involve students and check understanding in the virtual world.

This does not happen often, but sometimes the slides will not save and you literally cannot teach. If the Nearpod is created fully in Nearpod, you do not have slides to fall back on for teaching or providing professional development.

Christie
E-learning, 11-50 werknemers

Nearpod my students love time to climb!!

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The customer service is hard to get in touch with. I guess it’s better for district level!

My students look forward to their daily time 2 climb. They software makes it so easy to get instant feedback and quizzes. The draw it feature lets them fill in PDFs and do drawings. The timer that you can set it also awesome because it paces them during each activity.

The only real con I have with this is that it’s sooo expensive for the full version.

Hope
Instructional Technology Coach in VS
E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers

Nearpod has transformed our classrooms

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Nearpod has transformed our classrooms and allowed teachers to reach both face to face and virtual students at the same time. It has been an excellent tool for asynchronous learning.

The functionality of using Nearpod to share lessons is excellent. In today's classrooms where there are both face to face and virtual students, Nearpod has allowed teachers to reach all students at the same time. The teacher paced option allows teachers to control the pace. The student paced option is great for asynchronous work. The library of lessons has some great resources. My teachers love the ability to convert Google Slides into Nearpod lessons.

I would like to see a feature where students can work offline for those who may not have internet access at home. I hope that this in the works with the new integration that is coming with Google Classroom updates.

Teachers Need Nearpod!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great experience. These lessons are perfect for both whole group and center time. Students love them!!

I can create self guided lessons with primary sources. There are multiple ways for the students to learn and remain engaged with the lesson and each other!

There is nothing that I don't like, but I hope Nearpod continues to add new features for students.

Loukas
Teacher Educator in Cyprus

Nearpod - Helping teachers

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I use it in my classroom but also I teach seminars to other teachers on hiw to use it/

That it has Google search integrated in it. That I can upload videos and pause them with questions. The fun interactive games and characters.

For English language learning, I find nothing negative.

Sarah
Instructional Technologist in VS

Nearpod for Distance Learning

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our teachers have been very pleased with Nearpod. They enjoy being able to collaborate and share lessons with colleagues. They have enjoyed using all the interactive features with students to vary lessons from day to day.

As a K-12 Instructional Technologist, our district decided to purchase Nearpod to support our face-to-face and virtual students and teachers at the middle and high school level. Since our teachers might have virtual or quarantined students at home, it's one of the best ways to keep students engaged while they are learning from home. Teachers are able to get real-time data and provide timely feedback

Nearpod was a bigger purchase for our district and that is why we never had it prior to this school year. We have found it to be a worthwhile purchase and a wonderful resource.

Kala
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

I love Nearpod

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I love that it’s so interactive and the selection bank of pre made videos and activities

I really don’t have to many complaints other than having to pay for the subscription

Michael Jr.
Student in Filipijnen
E-learning, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Nearpod: Make your lesson interactive and engaging

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Nearpod is really an amazing interactive online tool. I could say that it is the most loved software that I used in my entire life because everything is there. You just have to maximize the features and be creative in presenting your lesson to the class!

The feature that has the greatest impact on me is the interactive video. Unlike the usual pace of watching a video where the teacher will just ask questions right after the video, the teacher can pose questions in between the video and students may answer that verbally or through chat in the interactive video responses of the students.

I find the software easy to use. I don't experience difficulty using Nearpod.

Anna
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers

Nearpod provides multiple tools on one platform

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A very user friendly and engaging product that has been very helpful for distance learning and will continue to be so in the classroom.

Nearpod is excellent for creating interactive and engaging lessons. It takes slide presentations up considerable notches by allowing you to easily add elements such as polls, quizzes, videos and games. Lessons can be delivered live or set for student paced so students my view and interact on their own. It has been indispensable for distance learning.

The embedded quiz game is more suited for younger students. Otherwise, no complaints, it has continued to evolve and improve.

Marius
e-Learning designer in Zuid-Afrika
Hoger onderwijs, 51-200 werknemers

Best software to enhance student engagement

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It helped us to improve student engagement in a flipped classroom teaching strategy. Please buy the license and start using it. You will not regret it.

Easy to use. Student paced mode enables you to make your presentation, a homework assignment with questions. Great for Formative assessment. VR and 3D images Very good analytical data of every session

Nothing. It's really amazing. A bit pricey, but worth every cent.

E-learning, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Excellent for Hybrid or Digital Learning

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Nearpod has allowed me to connect with students in the classroom and at home simultaneously

What I like most about Nearpod is it allows me to control the pace of the lesson, whether the students are physically in front of me, or they are at home

The only thing I did not like about Nearpod is that it is somewhat tedious to add in all of the activities and added features

Ashley
E-learning, 501-1.000 werknemers

Nearpod makes virtual learning fun

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The best part about using nearpod is that there are two options: live participation and student paced. While I teach we use live participation so I advance the slides and we’re all together even though they’re on their own devices. I use student paced for scholars who didn’t make it to class and need to study the material asynchronously.

This add-on to google slides is perfect. Scholars can interact with the lessons, watch videos, do virtual labs, draw, you name it! It’s the perfect way to bring what was happening in the classroom into the virtual space.

I wish you could copy the slides when you make them in google slides. Nearpod slides can’t be copied and pasted the way traditional slides can.