Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Brightspace

Dit krachtige en flexibele leerplatform helpt bij het bevorderen van betere leerresultaten door een zeer gepersonaliseerde, digitale ervaring aan te bieden.

Meer informatie over Brightspace

Pluspunten:

The dashboard view when you log in does make it easy get an overview of what is needed to be completed. The announcements and alerts are also easy to use and access.

Minpunten:

It depends totally on the internet connection and this may cause problems of connectivity sometimes. In addition the costs to enrich with additional tools may be very high.

Beoordelingen van Brightspace

Gemiddelde score

Gebruiksgemak
4,0
Klantenservice
4,1
Functies
4,1
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,9

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling

7,8/10

Brightspace heeft een totaalscore van 4,3 van 5 sterren op basis van 213 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Brightspace eerder gebruikt?

Deel je ervaringen met andere softwarekopers.

Reviews filteren (213)

Cody
IT
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Great Learning

4,0 3 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Bram
Product tester in Nederland
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 6-12 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Brightspace vanuit een gebruiker

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Erg grote verbetering ten opzichte van wat we hadden, maar werkt nog steeds niet helemaal lekker.

Pluspunten:

Gebruikersgemak en het overzicht dat je hebt op je mainpagina. Daarnaast de openheid in course binnen een organisatie

Minpunten:

Erg vaak niet de mogelijkheid om te laden.

Lars
Student Assistent in Nederland
Research, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Review Brightspace

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Pluspunten:

Het fijne aan brightspace als studentenportal is dat het vele opties heeft om groepsgesprekken aan te maken. Waardoor studenten makkelijk in contact kunnen komen.

Minpunten:

Op telefoon is brightspace niet fijn in gebruik, ik gebruik het via de app pulse. Echter kun je op deze app een stuk minder functies gebruiken. Ook wanneer je een melding krijgt en op deze klikt, laadt het vaak niet. Ook wordt je vaak automatisch afgemeld, waardoor je opnieuw in moet loggen wat veel tijd kost

Mavares
Mavares
Docente Universitario in Colombia
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Redefining the learning

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Create pleasant spaces for interaction among the participants.

Pluspunten:

Technological advances in modern platforms seek, in one way or another, to redefine the concept of human learning. That is why platforms like Brightspace seek not only to manage all the most important aspects of educational management, ranging from the earliest ages to the most advanced students of high school, changing with them and adapting to their cognitive and emotional needs, accompanying them, but without imposing rhythms. And this is possible because Brightspace seeks to personalize learning, focusing them, in a very short time, effectively and in a very simple way. The versatility of the platform makes it absolutely compatible with the wide range of smart devices. The process of teaching is not limited to the simple act of speaking or explaining in the classroom, this process must be thought, planned, developed, executed and, more importantly, evaluated. Brightspace all those tasks, using their useful tools. As a direct consequence, we can observe a significant improvement in classroom work, which will be noticed, due to the amount of activities that users will begin to share, which will involve parents and tutors, who will be able to manage feedback processes in real time. with personal messages.

Minpunten:

Platforms such as Brightspace must have control or ability to configure pop-up windows, as well as other tools that must adapt to the changing requirements of users. The platform must be more managed so that it can reach more places and be more recommended.

Shanyce
student in VS
Medische praktijk, 10.000+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 6-12 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

One of the Best Softwares to Use as a Student

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Pluspunten:

What I liked most was the simple and effective organization. It was a software that was definitely created in mind to set students up to succeed. Firstly, the way the Chapters, sections, topics, and individual assignments were organized on the side was something that was consistent for each of the subjects I was studying. Then on the top bar, you were able to click on pages that would essentially "filter" the types of class material. You could see all the assessments in one place, all the assignments in one place, and your grades. On top of that, every single thing was linked back to the corresponding item. For example, if you couldn't recall what "assignment 2" was when looking at it in the gradebook, you were able to click it and redirect it to the original post. There was also notifications for when assignments were open and reminders for when exams and homework was due. As someone who has used canvas, blackboard, google classrooms, and a few other softwares for school, these functions were not common. There were also times where it would be extremely hard and confusing to navigate. However I never ran into that issue with D2L.

Minpunten:

It is hard to find any qualms about D2L Brightspace, there is nothing negative I've noticed the entire time I have been using the software.

Rachel
Graduate Student in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 6-12 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Suitable but not great

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Brightspace allows completion of basic tasks for learner management and grade dissemination. However, it is frustrating to use and has more case-by-case / glitching problems that other learning management softwares I have used. It allows me to get the job done, and I suppose I will get used to it eventually, but it is certainly not ideal.

Pluspunten:

Brightspace makes it easy to contact students in a class. I like the 'classlist' feature that lists all the students in a class and their university-related contact email. This simplifies either bulk-emailing students (as an instructor) and finding students to study with (as a student). It is also a secure site to centrally access all the information necessary for all my courses.

Minpunten:

Brightspace provides multiple places to find the same things. This is confusing, especially when some assignments are loaded in a given course module but not in the 'Assignments' tab, or vice versa. There are multiple levels of redundancy that are not kept consistent throughout the interface, so it is often confusing to locate materials. Brightspace is also slow to load. Often, when moving between tabs when I am creating a quiz for the students I teach or grading material, the browser loads for 30-45 seconds before transitioning pages. This is frustrating. After a class is officially 'over', the course pages are greyed out and prevent access (even when a school has not officially ended yet). This happens immediately after the final in a class, which prevents students from going in to do final grade calculations or download any materials. This is frustrating. Brightspace has had many issues with plugins, such as Kaltura Media Gallery, which disable access or have perpetual loading or glitching. This leaves the software as unreliable.

Danilo
Digital Products Manager Latam in VS
E-learning, 10.000+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

A Canadian Masterpiece like a Lego with 3000 pieces

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I used for almost ten years, in 2013 help me to replace a huge straming infra strutucture , sattelites and big antesnas, was update by caption, just me a web cam and my note could increase the opportunitties to offer content to k12 schools that we never dreamed before, after that we use almost all D2L portfolio. was amazing.

Pluspunten:

Very trustable Visibility of team productivity Helpful students reports

Minpunten:

Hard to assemble Negotiation complicated Small support

Nathan
Principal in Canada
E-learning, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Aesthetically Pleasing and Easy to Use

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been able to boost productivity consistency, and quality using Brightspace. It is easier to build out courses and map them in a simple hierarchy. Course templating allows us to ensure consistency when building copies of courses or new versions.
Brightspace has also allowed us to automate a number of functions we would normally need to perform in terms of student management, which has freed up personnel for other tasks but also removed human error from the equation.

Pluspunten:

Brightspace is very intuitive; users can jump into the LMS and figure out what they need to do with little to no instructions. I like the power it gives admins to build in automation and customize how students work through the course. This is done via intelligent agents and release conditions. Brightspace just looks great. Is the most aesthetically pleasing LMS on the market as far as I have seen.

Minpunten:

The platform seems more geared toward traditional schooling systems rather than asynchronous models at times. For example, there is no easy way for students to add their own due dates to assessments; they can only be added for the entire course, which does not work when students are all pacing differently. Brightspace for Parents is also not as strong as I would have expected. There seems to be limited features and out parents are just not really interested in using it.

Lap
Professor in VS
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Brightspace

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was a competent platform which allowed me to do the things I need to teach the course. I would have liked a longer transition period to adjust from the previous platform.

Pluspunten:

It is a pretty standard educational online platform for E-Learning. Was able to pick up how to use Brightspace in a short learning curve.

Minpunten:

School switched to Brightspace without any real transition from previous platform. This made it a bit difficult for faculty and students to transition to this new platform.

Frank
Adjuct Faculty in VS
Schoolleiding, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 6-12 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

Brightspace as D2L

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My overall experience is very positive. With little touch ups, the tool can be a lot better.

Pluspunten:

It's easy to use and it has a friendly user interface.

Minpunten:

Tools such as entering the grades, individual reporting, etc. might have been a little better.

Natalie
Natalie
Academic and Financial aid Advisor in VS
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Simple for students, set up takes work

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Very happy with it from a student side when the faculty take time to set it up. But setting up a good classroom can be more work than teaching.

Pluspunten:

Have used Brighspace as a student and as a faculty. As long as the faculty sets it up well it is exceedingly easy to navigate. The features really benefit the educational experience.

Minpunten:

Setting up the individual course takes time. I felt like I needed to be a coder to actually use to features. We have two full time hired staff to help keep the online classes in this running. Also, the email is ridiculously complicated.

Yannick
Yannick
Education Program Associate in Canada
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Schoolleiding, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

A satisfactory LMS with areas for improvement

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Pluspunten:

- UI has been modernized and made responsive - useful on a large scale

Minpunten:

- no integration with PeopleSoft - administrative functions are not user-friendly; functions hidden behind too many buttons - lack of up-to-date documentation - very expensive

Angelique
Sales Marketing in VS
E-learning, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 6-12 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

Great LMS with great features and good user interface

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My experience is positive with D2L to manage our corporate training. Being able to create courses, teach classes and grade also helps us a lot to improve and increases communication between everyone, and we also use it from anywhere.

Pluspunten:

I like this LMS because it gives us the necessary functions to manage online learning. I also really liked the user interface and being able to create content and grade intuitively.

Minpunten:

Everything is going well except the analysis which usually gives some problems.

Candace
Student in VS
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 6-12 maanden
Bron van de reviewer

As a student, Brightspace/D2L gave me the opportunity to take classes I couldn't fit in my schedule!

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have gained the ability to take some higher-level courses online which are necessary for college admissions/success, which I could not fit into my senior year schedule due to being a busy student!

Pluspunten:

I love that I can take these classes outside of school. I am currently taking four classes on Brightspace (Sociology, Psychology, Spanish III Semesters 1 & 2) because I could not fit them into my schedule for my senior year. In addition, each class comes with a "90 Day Plan" in the course materials, which helps keep me on track; I try to do more per day than what is on the plan, as I'm trying to get most of the workload finished before school starts again. This brings me to my next point: Working at my own speed! As evidenced by my taking four classes over the summer, I am an advanced student who is serious about her education. Brightspace gives students the flexibility of working at their own speed. Although a "90 Day Plan" is offered as a guideline, there are no daily requirements set by the software itself. As a high schooler, some days I'm just busy, plain and simple. I don't have to worry about fulfilling a daily requirement with Brightspace. Again, the flexibility of completing online courses at my own pace is invaluable to a busy student like myself.

Minpunten:

There's not much to complain about with this software. However, there is one issue I face on the daily with Brightspace. When working on a lesson, every now and again there will be a little box that pops up warning the user that if the session exceeds 30 minutes of inactivity, they will be logged out and will have to log back in again. I understand that it is set to do this for security reasons, but it is incredibly annoying when I'm taking notes on the lesson (which takes a decent amount of time) to have to be wary of the pop up appearing.

Geverifieerde reviewer
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Research, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

A Comprehensive Platform for Effective Teaching

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: As a professor who has used D2L Brightspace for many years, I can confidently say that it is an excellent platform for managing course content, assignments, and grading. Its user-friendly interface and advanced features make it easy for both instructors and students to navigate and use. The ability to create folders for student assignments and manage everything in one place is a major advantage of the platform. Overall, I highly recommend D2L Brightspace for educators looking for a comprehensive, efficient, and user-friendly platform for managing their courses.

Pluspunten:

As a professor, I've used D2L Brightspace for many years and have found it to be an excellent tool for managing my courses. I love that I can easily post class content, syllabus, and grade assignments all in one place. It's also great for creating forums and discussions for students to engage with each other. One of my favorite features is creating folders for students to submit their assignments. It makes it easy to grade and provide feedback all in one place.

Minpunten:

Some advanced features may require additional training or guidance.

David
Adjunct Professor in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Brightspace Brightens my Class

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Pluspunten:

Brightspace is very easy to navigate and customize. It looks very nice and many uses familiar with something like Wordpress will have a pretty easy time. It is also in many ways similar to other popular social media platforms for students, I imagine, they are pretty comfortable with a platforms like this. Managing grades, assignments and embedding external links is very organic. There are some great tutorials too form D2L. It's also similar enough to other platforms that if you are migrating from another system, this shouldn't have too much of a learning curve. I love how easy it is to build a template course and transition various components or modules to a new one.

Minpunten:

My only con is purely subjective, but I have had issues with embedded links like videos. I find it very hard to remove items from the Grades section (the gradebook). I constantly have to view a tutorial because it is so roundabout to remove an item from that section.

Nathan
Lead Instructional Designer in VS
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Admin Experience with Brightspace

4,5 9 jaar geleden

Pluspunten:

As an administrator at my previous employer, I appreciated the flexibility to change pretty much anything that I wanted in the system. The ability to change what things were called in the system were very nice. In the most recent version that I had used, Brightspace had taken steps to make some changes on how system settings were handled to update the interface. Previously, the interface of the DOME was one of the most painful parts of the system. I also appreciated the service desk that Brightspace has built up over the last three years. When I began using Brightspace, items could get lost very easily with the technical teams, but after some difficult issues, Brightspace has turned around a great deal, and updates to tickets were timely and applicable for a while before I stopped using it.

Minpunten:

I found that there were little things that Brightspace did not do well. For instance, workflows between different tools were very different based on the time that the original tool was designed. This led to user frustration and an increase of time training users on the common functions of the LMS. I also found that Brightspace tended to minimize small updates or fixes in order to focus on major updates. While major updates are important to survive in the field, sometimes known bugs would remain for years without a fix.

Elizabeth
Course Coordinator in VS
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Easy to use and wide variety of options

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love Brightspace! When it was first introduced I was skeptical because of the system we had been using so long and having to train everyone on new software is time-consuming and exhausting. But I found that it was an easier transition than I imagined, although there are so many features it can be a bit overwhelming for some. Overall, I really enjoy using the software and know that it benefits my students as well.

Pluspunten:

I really like the feature where you can open up quizzes or surveys for individual students. I use this when I have set a time/date for an item to close by and then students give me a valid excuse, then I can open it back up for them for whatever length of time I choose for them to complete the assignment. I also like that it is easy for a skilled user to navigate.

Minpunten:

Even though I know how to navigate through the online set up now, it is sometimes troublesome for my students because there are just so many different options and different ways to navigate to the same thing. I usually have to do a short run through on how to use the software before the class begins and then I always have those that reach out with numerous questions regarding how to find something. This too has to do with the laziness of some students since I had no problem teaching myself how to use it.

Tiffany
Student in VS
Schoolleiding, 10.000+ werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Best Software for Universities to use!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Absolutely one of the best softwares for courses on the market. Highly recommend and it is used at the top universities in the country.

Pluspunten:

D2L is the most organized and functional software for universities to use. Students have one place to access all their courses and find all information they need. Using d2L, professors post all the content from their course and organize it however they want. Quizzes, discussions, and assignment drop boxes are found on D2L as well. D2L provides easy online accessibility for both teachers and students, making going to school a much easier task.

Minpunten:

The due dates for assignments get confusing, not sure if thats a user error via professors, but they always seem to have to email student to say they don't know how to change the due date for certain assignments.

Evaggelia
Teacher, MsC Educational Technology in Griekenland
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 6-12 maanden
Bron van de reviewer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Brightspace: The flexible, cloud based, LMS. Created by D2L, 2014.

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Possibilities for educators:
Communicate with students via email and online conference.
Accept online discussions.
Manage their grades.
Customize the appearance of the course pages.
Share the content of the lessons and the multimedia with the students.
They can comment.
Develop instructions and assignments in foreign languages.
Create instructions and assignments using a mathematical note.
Through its own builder that provides quizzes, multiplechoice, ruby ​​and even games.
To incorporate portfolio-based activities into the work using the integrated ePortfolio system

Pluspunten:

-It places the student at the center of learning. -It provides collaboration and interaction. -It has a variety of tools. -It combines most learning theories. -It can be used by both educators and trainees. -It combines education and learning resources with assessment and analysis features to create an integrated e-learning environment.

Minpunten:

-The cost: It has an annual cost and is tailored to the number of users connected at the same time. -It is not installed locally. Course files are stored on a remote server that manages D2L. -Network delay time is often slow and disturbing.

Marissa
Communications in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Brightspace Review

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I enjoy taking classes in Brightspace. It is more convenient than other softwares I have used in the past.

Pluspunten:

I really enjoy the simplicity of how to find assignments and course work. Something else that is great is that anytime you send it an assignment the software will send you a confirmation email assuring your completion and submission. Technical support always knows how to correct an issue that is going on.

Minpunten:

I have experienced the software glitching on many occasions. I will need to complete an assignment and turn it in to a specific place and that submission title is not uploaded in my course selection for the week. I have also contacted technical support many times, in which they reply pretty slowly.

Andrea
Student in Ierland
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Love using Brightspace to deliver online courses

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I absolutely love using Brightspace to deliver online learning. I love the additional tools it has that allows you to add a virtual classroom option. I also love that it give you the option to store materials you are not using rather than just deleting them. I highly recommend this software!

Pluspunten:

Brightspace is an easy to navigate software for delivering online courses! It provides ample data, on things such as when a student last logged into the course materials, or how long students spent on an assignment. I find the information it provides is great!

Minpunten:

I am a bit hesitant on some of the data Brightspace provides, such as how much time someone spends on an assignment, because they could have easily just downloaded it and looked at it on their own time.

Jennifer
PhD researcher in VK
Research, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Brightspace is worse than Blackboard

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Brightspace does the job, but other learning management systems like Blackboard are better

Pluspunten:

Brightspace is functional - you can upload work, access grades, etc.

Minpunten:

It's ugly - the user interface isn't intuitive

Geverifieerde reviewer
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Course Building and Grading with D2L

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, D2L Brightspace is relatively easy to use and robust. It's not always intuitive, but that seems to be the case with all LMS I've used.

Pluspunten:

I use D2L, Moodle, and Blackboard in my multiple jobs. D2L is the most visually attractive of these, and the "drag and drop" functionality of course building makes things much easier than in Blackboard, for example.

Minpunten:

When grading, I wish the rubrics appeared in the margin of same tab as the assignment, rather than a separate pop-up window, though this is already an improvement from earlier iterations.

Geverifieerde reviewer
Geverifieerde LinkedIn-gebruiker
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 2+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Great for my Classes

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Pluspunten:

I like the ability to stay on top of my assignments in classes and know what is to be expected throughout the semester. It is easy to see what is due week by week under the course content. I think the site is set up fairly well.

Minpunten:

I sometimes have trouble with the discussions section where I need to manually press that I have read another members posts, I wish it appeared automatically. It also took a bit to be able to navigate the site but after becoming familiar I have had no problems.

Carol
Adjunct Instructor and Course Creator in VS
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: 1+ jaar
Bron van de reviewer

Am I using all of the features?

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So far, so good, except the idea of "bumping around in the dark" until you find your way is unnecessary. Webinars are needed!

Pluspunten:

This LMS is an upgrade from Sakai. The overall platform is more aesthetically pleasing. Some added features like uploading of video and student-teacher interaction capacity. Grading interface is more professional and user-friendly; before you had to cut and paste, now the rubrics are embedded.

Minpunten:

I've been using it for almost two years and am only now discovering features. The company should provide schools with a new user training webinar or course. I feel that there are so many untapped resources.