Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Brightspace

Dit krachtige en flexibele leerplatform helpt bij het bevorderen van betere leerresultaten door een zeer gepersonaliseerde, digitale ervaring aan te bieden.

Meer informatie over Brightspace

The dashboard view when you log in does make it easy get an overview of what is needed to be completed. The announcements and alerts are also easy to use and access.

It depends totally on the internet connection and this may cause problems of connectivity sometimes. In addition the costs to enrich with additional tools may be very high.

Beoordelingen van Brightspace

4,0
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,9

Brightspace heeft een totaalscore van 4,3 van 5 sterren op basis van 211 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Brightspace eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (211)

Cody
IT
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Great Learning

4,0 3 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Bram
Product tester in Nederland

Brightspace vanuit een gebruiker

3,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Erg grote verbetering ten opzichte van wat we hadden, maar werkt nog steeds niet helemaal lekker.

Gebruikersgemak en het overzicht dat je hebt op je mainpagina. Daarnaast de openheid in course binnen een organisatie

Erg vaak niet de mogelijkheid om te laden.

Lars
Student Assistent in Nederland
Research, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Review Brightspace

4,0 6 maanden geleden

Het fijne aan brightspace als studentenportal is dat het vele opties heeft om groepsgesprekken aan te maken. Waardoor studenten makkelijk in contact kunnen komen.

Op telefoon is brightspace niet fijn in gebruik, ik gebruik het via de app pulse. Echter kun je op deze app een stuk minder functies gebruiken. Ook wanneer je een melding krijgt en op deze klikt, laadt het vaak niet. Ook wordt je vaak automatisch afgemeld, waardoor je opnieuw in moet loggen wat veel tijd kost

Mavares
Mavares
Docente Universitario in Colombia

Redefining the learning

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Create pleasant spaces for interaction among the participants.

Technological advances in modern platforms seek, in one way or another, to redefine the concept of human learning. That is why platforms like Brightspace seek not only to manage all the most important aspects of educational management, ranging from the earliest ages to the most advanced students of high school, changing with them and adapting to their cognitive and emotional needs, accompanying them, but without imposing rhythms. And this is possible because Brightspace seeks to personalize learning, focusing them, in a very short time, effectively and in a very simple way. The versatility of the platform makes it absolutely compatible with the wide range of smart devices. The process of teaching is not limited to the simple act of speaking or explaining in the classroom, this process must be thought, planned, developed, executed and, more importantly, evaluated. Brightspace all those tasks, using their useful tools. As a direct consequence, we can observe a significant improvement in classroom work, which will be noticed, due to the amount of activities that users will begin to share, which will involve parents and tutors, who will be able to manage feedback processes in real time. with personal messages.

Platforms such as Brightspace must have control or ability to configure pop-up windows, as well as other tools that must adapt to the changing requirements of users. The platform must be more managed so that it can reach more places and be more recommended.

Shanyce
student in VS
Medische praktijk, 10.000+ werknemers

One of the Best Softwares to Use as a Student

5,0 2 jaar geleden

What I liked most was the simple and effective organization. It was a software that was definitely created in mind to set students up to succeed. Firstly, the way the Chapters, sections, topics, and individual assignments were organized on the side was something that was consistent for each of the subjects I was studying. Then on the top bar, you were able to click on pages that would essentially "filter" the types of class material. You could see all the assessments in one place, all the assignments in one place, and your grades. On top of that, every single thing was linked back to the corresponding item. For example, if you couldn't recall what "assignment 2" was when looking at it in the gradebook, you were able to click it and redirect it to the original post. There was also notifications for when assignments were open and reminders for when exams and homework was due. As someone who has used canvas, blackboard, google classrooms, and a few other softwares for school, these functions were not common. There were also times where it would be extremely hard and confusing to navigate. However I never ran into that issue with D2L.

It is hard to find any qualms about D2L Brightspace, there is nothing negative I've noticed the entire time I have been using the software.

Maria Victoria
Asst. Professional Lecturer in Filipijnen
Horeca, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Brightspace user (Bigsky)

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I love using Brightspace (Bigsky). It is easy to learn, and I even volunteer to assist other faculty members.
As a retired faculty member, I would look for the features I enjoyed with Brightspace when given the opportunity to use other LMS.

It has gamification, and once the course has been set up, everything is like clockwork.

Just the setting up at the start of every semester, BUT, it is worth the time.

Rachel
Graduate Student in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

Suitable but not great

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Brightspace allows completion of basic tasks for learner management and grade dissemination. However, it is frustrating to use and has more case-by-case / glitching problems that other learning management softwares I have used. It allows me to get the job done, and I suppose I will get used to it eventually, but it is certainly not ideal.

Brightspace makes it easy to contact students in a class. I like the 'classlist' feature that lists all the students in a class and their university-related contact email. This simplifies either bulk-emailing students (as an instructor) and finding students to study with (as a student). It is also a secure site to centrally access all the information necessary for all my courses.

Brightspace provides multiple places to find the same things. This is confusing, especially when some assignments are loaded in a given course module but not in the 'Assignments' tab, or vice versa. There are multiple levels of redundancy that are not kept consistent throughout the interface, so it is often confusing to locate materials. Brightspace is also slow to load. Often, when moving between tabs when I am creating a quiz for the students I teach or grading material, the browser loads for 30-45 seconds before transitioning pages. This is frustrating. After a class is officially 'over', the course pages are greyed out and prevent access (even when a school has not officially ended yet). This happens immediately after the final in a class, which prevents students from going in to do final grade calculations or download any materials. This is frustrating. Brightspace has had many issues with plugins, such as Kaltura Media Gallery, which disable access or have perpetual loading or glitching. This leaves the software as unreliable.

Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers

A Good LMS Option

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The school made the right choice in switching to Brightspace. It's quick and easy to understand

It has many of the same features of other LMS options, such as Blackboard and Angel. It has many advantages over a product such as Moodle. It's easy to understand and the cleanest user interface of all major college LMSs

It needs a video class option, similar to Blackboard UltraCollaborate

Teddy
Director of Recruiting in VS
Schoolleiding, 201-500 werknemers

Alright There are better options

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: My experience with Brightspace has been somewhat positive although I would go researching more alternatives

One of the features I like most about Brightspace is the progress tracking. If a student is behind on an assignment or more than it highlights on their course.

At the time I was introduced to Brightspace, the previous learning environment stopped operations resulting in everyone having to adjust to Brightspace. One of the features I like the least about bright space is not being able to access Brightspace on mobile. It is difficult to view it on mobile and other classroom tools are able to view it on mobile

Lap
Professor in VS
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers

Brightspace

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It was a competent platform which allowed me to do the things I need to teach the course. I would have liked a longer transition period to adjust from the previous platform.

It is a pretty standard educational online platform for E-Learning. Was able to pick up how to use Brightspace in a short learning curve.

School switched to Brightspace without any real transition from previous platform. This made it a bit difficult for faculty and students to transition to this new platform.

Eugenio
Profesor in Spanje
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

University point of view

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It is a very complete and complex platform. Some universities with the appropiate IT department could be able to use it but if they have that department they will create their own platform.

The support, virtual events and advertising.

The IT support, video tutorials about features teacher or students use everyday. Features other platforms have very easy to implement.

Regina
Student in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Nice interface but not intuitive or easy to use

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, my experience with Brightspace is negative. It looks deceivingly simple to use because of their modern look and Bright color scheme that is often associated with newer websites with easy functionality, but menus are often hard to find and it is difficult to do basic tasks like scoring quizzes.

I like the ability for there to be an online classroom and I like that it records the lectures. I like how the online classroom allows for screensharing and chatting also. I also like the look of the software; it doesn't look dated.

At this point, I have used several types of software like Brightspace as I have been in higher education for almost 7 years now as an undergraduate student and now, a graduate student. I think out of all those other software that I have used, Brightspace is the least intuitive to navigate. On the outset, I think the website looks clean and modern and it feels like a website that would be easy to navigate. But when you actually do start navigating the website, you find out how hard it is to find simple commands. For example, to simply program and then score a quiz online is much harder than it needs to be. Menus for basic things like how to see the students' grades were hard to find and I had to ultimately turn to google to figure out how to grade the quiz. I am new to this software, so maybe it just takes some getting used to, but so far, as a new user, I am finding that Brightspace is not intuitive or easy to navigate.

Darryl
Owner in Canada
Sport, 2-10 werknemers

Brightspace keeps things organized

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I like how brightspace provides an area for all information to be put together in one place.

I find brightspace to be annoying sometimes mostly because of the way the website is set up. It could easily be improved to fix this.

Candace
Student in VS

As a student, Brightspace/D2L gave me the opportunity to take classes I couldn't fit in my schedule!

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have gained the ability to take some higher-level courses online which are necessary for college admissions/success, which I could not fit into my senior year schedule due to being a busy student!

I love that I can take these classes outside of school. I am currently taking four classes on Brightspace (Sociology, Psychology, Spanish III Semesters 1 & 2) because I could not fit them into my schedule for my senior year. In addition, each class comes with a "90 Day Plan" in the course materials, which helps keep me on track; I try to do more per day than what is on the plan, as I'm trying to get most of the workload finished before school starts again. This brings me to my next point: Working at my own speed! As evidenced by my taking four classes over the summer, I am an advanced student who is serious about her education. Brightspace gives students the flexibility of working at their own speed. Although a "90 Day Plan" is offered as a guideline, there are no daily requirements set by the software itself. As a high schooler, some days I'm just busy, plain and simple. I don't have to worry about fulfilling a daily requirement with Brightspace. Again, the flexibility of completing online courses at my own pace is invaluable to a busy student like myself.

There's not much to complain about with this software. However, there is one issue I face on the daily with Brightspace. When working on a lesson, every now and again there will be a little box that pops up warning the user that if the session exceeds 30 minutes of inactivity, they will be logged out and will have to log back in again. I understand that it is set to do this for security reasons, but it is incredibly annoying when I'm taking notes on the lesson (which takes a decent amount of time) to have to be wary of the pop up appearing.

Tyler
Student in Canada
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Very helpful tool throughout university

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall positive, it was an efficient and effective tool that I used throughout university that allowed me to be very successful in my courses.

I used D2L Brightspace throughout all of university. In terms of uploading any learning documents such as assignments, solutions, homework, PowerPoints, lecture videos, and more, it was always very easy to navigate and get what you need on your computer or on mobile. Navigation is very simple, and the user interface is easy to learn. The best feature was the notifications bell which I used the most to have consistent and clear updates for all of my courses.

I think there are some aspects of the user interface which could be redesigned to be more aesthetically pleasing. Some features and sections appear out of date and could use some visual improvements. The onus of including or excluding certain sections I believe is on the onus of the professor, but maybe there could be more clear instruction to them on how to best format course pages/sections.

Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Fantastic for everyone from beginners to people who want to do some unique activities and grading

5,0 5 jaar geleden

I was recently employed by Texas Christian University as an adjunct professor, and this was the first time I had ever taught a class at a different university. I had never used Brightspace before and to be honest I was a little bit overwhelmed with it at first. There are so many different functions and options that at first glance it seems like it will take months to learn. However, I think their help section is really user friendly and within a day I had my class pretty much set up. I love all of the more advanced grading features and automatic % calculations that this does, it saves so much time as I used to do this all in Excel. Also, I was only on campus once/week and was driving from over 40 minutes away on days that I was there. So, having office hours on days off was pretty much not going to happen. However, Brightspace has an amazing feature that can connect you to students over video chat from anywhere! This allowed me to have more personal 1-on-1 time with students who needed help while not having to drive all the way to campus!

There is quite a bit of a learning curve to get to the more complex stuff, but after you learn it your productivity skyrockets.

Brandon
Next Generation Pastor in VS

I have used D2L almost daily for years and have never had an issue getting the info I need.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

I have loved using D2L for both my undergraduate and graduate studies. It has made submitting and keeping track of my assignments very easy. I love that it keeps everything on one easy to navigate website. I don't know what other options are out there, but I can't imagine anything being more user-friendly for students than this!

I did not realize course access expires when I first started using D2L for my school work. I didn't bother downloading a lot of my class materials to my computer beacuse I assumed it would always be there for me to reference. I looked back a year or two later and saw that my classes had disappeared. I understand why, but I really wish there was a counter or notification before course removal so I could download any content I wanted. This is probably something managable by the school, but it would be great if D2L would notify the students.

Jeremy
VS
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Brightspace: a powerful, but not the most intuitive LMS

4,0 9 jaar geleden

Brightspace puts a lot of options at the user's disposal. It is a powerful, robust LMS that can be customized to fit a wide variety of preferences. As an admin and as an instructor, I really appreciated that the system did not lock me in to one way of doing things. I also really like how much, especially in recent years, the Brightspace development team seeks for input from its users (and provides great forums for sharing ideas for improvements).

Currently, Brightspace does not have a very robust way of setting up communications throughout the course. They use a feature called "intelligent agents" for sending notices to students when they meet certain criteria (for example, sending a particular note to a student when he is inactive in the course or performs particularly well on an assessment). This feature, however, lacks a good deal of "intelligence" and is pretty restricted in what it can do. I also feel that much of Brightspace is not particularly intuitive or streamlined. I'd like to see them improve on ease of use (without sacrificing power). A good example of this is the quiz feature where finding the exact page you need to get to in order to edit questions and grade values is a bit like a scavenger hunt.

Daniel
STEM Teacher in VS
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

A Powerful, Though Complicated, Online Teaching Platform

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Brightspace has a wealth of features I’ve found helpful when using it in my Pre-K through 5th grade classrooms, but I can’t help but feel that this is more focused for older students. The interface can be overwhelming for young students, and creating and accessing tools such as quizzes and assignments can have a steep learning curve. When compared to Google Classroom, Brightspace has more capabilities, but can take more effort to set up and use properly. In elementary schools, I don’t know if Brightspace outweighed Classroom, but I can see middle and high schools getting much more out of it!

Brightspace has tons of features and capabilities that teachers and students can use in learning! Through assignments with release conditions, video and audio recording for instructions and responses, homepage customization, and much more. There are few things that you are limited to with Brightspace.

Though there are many features in Brightspace, they can often be tedious and complicated to create and use. For example, creating tests/quizzes in brightspace is a very important tool for teachers to give formative assessments. The creation tool works, but takes many more steps and work when compared to other quiz creation tools, such as Google Forms. This applies to almost all features on Brightspace. When using this with younger students - Pre-K through 5th grade - that can take a toll on time and learning.

Ella
Full-time student in Canada
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 10.000+ werknemers

Great learning source if teachers know how

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It makes learning accessible to all with its compatibility, mobility, and clear navigation for first time users. Their resources provide great service and always fix the problem when one occurs.

Brightspace is flawless. It makes seeing your grades, assignments, class resources, discussion forums, and online lectures accessible from anywhere. It is compatible with every device (laptop, desktop, phones). Brightspace help services are clearly stated and always available. Great customer service skills as well.

Brightspace is not the easiest when teachers do not know how to properly use it. A simple video how to guide for each feature would enhance all aspects of Brightspace.

Mary
Music instructor and secretary in VS
Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 11-50 werknemers

Decent learning platform.

3,0 5 jaar geleden

I took most of my master's level courses using this platform. After learning to navigate it, I became very familiar with it, and it was a decent platform for the professors to present material on. I liked how it would show notifications for discussion posts (particularly when someone would reply to something you had written). Also, it would alert you when a professor had submitted a grade for an assignment. These are great features that other learning platforms do not have, and I most definitely miss them when using those platforms.

It was not a very clean way to present material. It was a little cumbersome at times, took a lot of "getting used to," and was missing some features that would have been helpful that I had experienced on other platforms.

Jeff
Chief Innovation Officer in VS

The support has been great. The tool itself is on par with others - not amazing but not bad at all.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: If the organization is centralized, D2L seems to be the best choice for an LMS that I know of (I've been working in this space a long time!).

Our school needed a lot of flexibility and customization, as well as integration capability. They have a rich API layer that allowed us to create an "uber" system - a next-gen learning system that all appeared to be a single entity even though it was made up of multiple platforms.

The costs for flexibility and data are problematic - it's an issue for all LMS companies but it would be great to see more progressive thinking around our school's data.

Jennifer
PhD researcher in VK
Research, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Brightspace is worse than Blackboard

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Brightspace does the job, but other learning management systems like Blackboard are better

Brightspace is functional - you can upload work, access grades, etc.

It's ugly - the user interface isn't intuitive

Course Building and Grading with D2L

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, D2L Brightspace is relatively easy to use and robust. It's not always intuitive, but that seems to be the case with all LMS I've used.

I use D2L, Moodle, and Blackboard in my multiple jobs. D2L is the most visually attractive of these, and the "drag and drop" functionality of course building makes things much easier than in Blackboard, for example.

When grading, I wish the rubrics appeared in the margin of same tab as the assignment, rather than a separate pop-up window, though this is already an improvement from earlier iterations.

Basis- en voortgezet onderwijs, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Great for my Classes

5,0 5 jaar geleden

I like the ability to stay on top of my assignments in classes and know what is to be expected throughout the semester. It is easy to see what is due week by week under the course content. I think the site is set up fairly well.

I sometimes have trouble with the discussions section where I need to manually press that I have read another members posts, I wish it appeared automatically. It also took a bit to be able to navigate the site but after becoming familiar I have had no problems.

Carol
Adjunct Instructor and Course Creator in VS
E-learning, 201-500 werknemers

Am I using all of the features?

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: So far, so good, except the idea of "bumping around in the dark" until you find your way is unnecessary. Webinars are needed!

This LMS is an upgrade from Sakai. The overall platform is more aesthetically pleasing. Some added features like uploading of video and student-teacher interaction capacity. Grading interface is more professional and user-friendly; before you had to cut and paste, now the rubrics are embedded.

I've been using it for almost two years and am only now discovering features. The company should provide schools with a new user training webinar or course. I feel that there are so many untapped resources.