Gemiddelde scores

4,4 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,2 /5

Over Vend POS

Webgebaseerde software voor verkooppunten en voorraadbeheer in de detailhandel, ontworpen voor iOS. Vanaf $ 99/maand.

Meer informatie over Vend POS

227 reviews worden weergegeven

Daniel P.
Co-Founder
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie
  • Beoordeeld op 5-6-2018

"After 2 Years Working with Vend, We are extremely satisfied. It has added value to our business."

Opmerkingen: Vend is a POS Platform that has helped us run our business smoothly. We love the ease of configuration and customization that is available. Looking forward to our growth expansion, we have concluded that we have made a right selection for a POS platform. It is a basically a Plug & Play installation for a new site with minor issues for a start up new store once you have your business running under Vend.

Pluspunten: Pros:
Intuitive interface. Most of our users are able to adapt in a few days.
Reporting Structure is Good.
We can replicate a site basically in few minutes.
Only Online Software that actually complied with Regulatory Fiscal requirements with no additional customization.
Cons:
Which it could have more apps available for integration(Mobile Apps) and hospitality configurations. .
Lack of Business Intelligence Interfaces.

Minpunten: Lack of application Integration with third parties. Even though I find Vend very functional, I would like to see vend have payments gateways integrated in our region or country (Honduras, Central America).

van Vend op 18-6-2018

Hey Daniel, appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of Vend. Great to hear that you are extremely satisfied with using Vend and that it's added value to your business. That is the type of feedback we love to hear from retailers! If you have any integration suggestions that you'd like to see please reach out to our team and let us know - your feedback is valuable to us. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Beoordeeld op 5-6-2018
Hines K.
Freelance Web Developer
  • Beoordeeld op 12-6-2018

"I'm currently operating three locations, and Vend has been helpful so far"

Opmerkingen: The simplicity to set up the inventory does save our staff a lot of time. The integration for the receipt printer, payment terminal, and cash drawer is also pretty simple. And if you run into any issues, the customer supports were also quick to respond. If you are an entrepreneur who just opened shop, I'd recommend going with Vend.

Pluspunten: It's simple to setup and if you have any questions, you can usually call customer supports who pick up pretty quickly. This product will help you conduct transactions, manage inventory, and set promotions. I'm sure there are more features, but those were the ones I mostly use, and so far I have not encountered any major issues.

Minpunten: I wish there were more options on payment services than just Vantiv. Also, since this is cloud base, it will take a while for all your products to sync. For instance, if you're uploading new product and plan to do a count, I'd suggest waiting about 5 minutes for the upload to be completed before setting up the inventory counts to be safe.

van Vend op 14-6-2018

Hey Hines, thanks for your detailed review of Vend POS! Great to hear that you've found Vend simple to set up and run, and that Vend is saving your staff time. In regards to payment services, Vend has a number of integrated payment options depending on your location. For example, in the USA, you can use Vantiv, Square or PayPal. For more information go to www.vendhq.com/tour/accept-payments. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Beoordeeld op 12-6-2018
Electrical Specialist
Muziek, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-2-2021

"Full of Functionality"

Opmerkingen: We use Vend in a guitar retail and repair shop to keep our inventory and repair prices organized.

Pluspunten: Vend has a very versatile and flexible workflow, with lots of features and options to work for most any retail scenario your business may face.

Minpunten: With all the features and options, many of them are tucked away in submenus, and therefore provides a steep learning curve if you lack someone to tutor you.

• Beoordeeld op 10-2-2021
Peter D.
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-2-2017

"Staff that enter in new stock items, are also be granted access to All your sales history"

Opmerkingen: We have been using Vend for 2 years in a retail shop.
Cons;
Beware Employers if you want your staff to enter in "new stock" no matter how junior they maybe they will be able to see all you sales history totals daily monthly, your financial health. Are you ok with that ?
If you don't have many new stock items then that may be fine, but in my case we have new products monthly so all my staff get to see how the business is doing and they see the big amounts of money coming in leading to discussions and justifications about the expenses with union delegates. Would you as an employer really want that, all your sensitive business data out there for all who enter in new stock to see ?? Would you be ok with a competitor finding out you business health ? I,m not. !!
Moving forward what I would like to see in Vend is a stock entry window, or a class just above general cashiers but, below managers for stock entry and stock management, creating new items etc. Well that is my only Con . (Pros)
If that mentioned above is not a problem for you then the rest of Vend is great !!!
Download it and try it out for free, see if it is for you .
For me sadly, it's a deal breaker and after two years I'm looking for another POS solution.

Pluspunten: Great easy to use systems on the front end, stable data base that despite having over 6,000 items with in it doesn't miss a beat. It professional looking. Elegantly handles discounts by either % or by dollar value. Great reports. Integrates well with Xero and my website.

Minpunten: Beware Employers, anyone who can enter in new stock will see everything, sales history, reports, you sensitive business data, your business health. Download load it try it for yourself. I have raised this with Vend, and my response back was "Is this really a problem?".
For me it is.

• Beoordeeld op 21-2-2017
Jim W.
District Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018

"Completely streamlined the way we do business"

Opmerkingen: Thorough reporting, cost effective, reduces our workload. Easier management of inventory.

Pluspunten: I absolutely love the multi-store functionality of Vend. We used to have to create multiple transfers because our previous software was not cloud based and did not communicate between stores. It was a huge headache to manage two completely separate inventories. Vend solved this problem and cut our work load in half. Our inventory counts are now far more accurate and easy to facilitate. The interface is extremely user friendly, and new employees typically need very minimal training to become proficient completing transactions. The reporting is absolutely fantastic and thorough. The thorough reporting has allowed us to order product far more efficiently and accurately than before. The price is reasonable, the customer support is fantastic.

Minpunten: I really can't think of much negative to say about Vend. We have had a great experience with Vend, and all of the issues that we have had were successfully resolved in short order by the outstanding on-boarding and support teams.

van Vend op 18-7-2018

Hey Jim, thank you for your glowing review of Vend POS! We're delighted to hear that you're so pleased with Vend point of sale software and that you've had a great experience with our team. Have a wonderful day! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018
Shanna B.
CFO
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-8-2020

"What a P. O. S.!"

Opmerkingen: Horrible, we have had nothing but trouble. Yes it's better for us in some ways than our prior POS, but at such a great cost of effort that we would never recommend it to anyone and constantly are on the look out for a better POS! We are implementing scanners to help fix inventory issues, as it is though I do not trust their inventory correction system and we use spreadsheets and the purchasing/returning system instead of the inventory count system. Often if the product is the same price I will use a sale entry to swap the two, but we have noticed items we knowingly sold (with sku'd tags) that still show up as on hand, so I'm not sure there isn't more wrong with this system. In other words, it can't all be from 3 people making mistakes in one system when we all discuss and get frustrated by it on a daily basis!

Pluspunten: Ecwid integrates seamlessly with vend. I wish we could use Ecwid as our main POS instead of Vend, but it is only a website shopping cart plugin or tablet app, and we need something that runs on a PC. We don't like Apple products, and wanted a PC interface instead of a tablet, due to our volume of products.

Minpunten: 1. The cloud sync isn't accurate. Their database will overwrite changes a users makes if your internet isn't "fast" enough AND you have to clear site settings daily or hourly (depends on volume).
2. The reporting and ordering functionality is limited to your Excel skills. Advanced Excel knowledge is a must: Pivot tables, vlookup formulas, concatenate, lots of files to save and track. You cannot do this through the system easily UNLESS you order the same product from the same vendor every time, lucky you!
3.The product export actually can come in handy when the system goes down on Vend's end, because when it goes offline, the only way to find a product in the sell screen is by SKU (so know your SKUS!)
4. This is one of the only POS's that doesn't have both a UPS and SKU field! Duh guys, this is a POS 101 feature!
5. You can't do a mass upload to change products like they say you can. I've tried it multiple times. It has never worked.
6. When you create a product, it creates a "handle" based on the name you created, so don't make any mistakes when you create a product or it will permanently impact the handle of that product.
7. Their search feature is a 3rd party provided feature, which fails to provide any results unless it is an exact match. For example, a product named TFV16 will not populate when you search V16, or vice versa. It's an exact match (word order, spelling, exact!)
8. My staff can't use the program, our inventory is a mess due to difficult contrast, laging!

• Beoordeeld op 26-8-2020
Lynda L.
  • Beoordeeld op 7-6-2018

"Very easy to set up, navigate and get customers checked out quickly"

Opmerkingen: Being able to set up quickly, access from the cloud and use on multiple devices are jut some of the benefits to me.

Pluspunten: The ease in setting up an online store and having the actual inventory be available is amazing. Being able to set if you want items available online or not is a plus, as being able to set a product with unlimited inventory so that it is still available to order online, even if you physically sell out of the item. This is great for quick to order in products.

Minpunten: It would be nice to have better integration between my POS system on the iPad, so that I could use a receipt printer and auto-cash drawer without using a PC setup.

van Vend op 18-6-2018

Hey Lynda, thank you for your review of Vend POS! Very happy to hear that you have found Vend so easy to use. If you need any assistance with your hardware setup please reach out to our support team. You can submit a ticket (or a feature request) anytime with this link here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Alan L.
Ventas
11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-6-2018

"It solves all of the problems I have as a retailer"

Opmerkingen: I achieved fast checkout because all the product are loaded in inventory,
but perhaps the most important is that I have increased the accuracy of reporting drastically

Pluspunten: What I like about vend its is well designed user interface. But perhaps the most important is the ease of use, you can get the gist of it in about 20 minutes, and for more complex tasks it still would not take long to learn

Minpunten: I guess it's that for more detailed accounting id have to connect it to another software. so for example i have other expenses like utilities dont figure in the vend reporting, so the GP figures for instance are not fully accurate.

van Vend op 15-6-2018

Hey Alan, thanks for your review of Vend POS. Our teams work hard to make sure that Vend is easy to use and quick to learn, so we're happy to hear that you feel that way! Vend has a number of integrations including with Xero's powerful accounting software that you may want to look into. If you'd like to give us more details on a specific feature you'd like to see in Vend, please use this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375 to submit a feature request. All the best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Beoordeeld op 9-6-2018
Rex S.
Business Owner
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-3-2019

"It is Great for Specialty Retail"

Opmerkingen: The have a great product and serves a need in the niche and specialty retail market. I have used it many of times and integrated it with clients and tested it with many different types of businesses. The main concern is the speed and the register interface screen layout. I think in time some of the issues will get reworked. I like the integrations with apps and online. Being cloud based its very easy to rollout to more than one location. Reporting is very robust and it will report all types of sales from every source. I recommend it to any clothing store, bridal shops, craft shops, hobby shops, etc.

Pluspunten: Vend is easy to get going, but has a learning curve. It has a design that is geared towards more specialty retail with lower volume sales. Installed in a resale clothing store, and it worked great, it has multiple picture features and offer integration with ecommerce. The level of options is great for stores like clothing, toy stores, hobby shops, etc.

Minpunten: The user register screen was hard to get us too. Its not layout in a standard cash register layout. Their was no use of a virtual number keypad. Which is hard to get use too. There are work arounds for it. They really need to redo the user register interface to be more streamlined.

• Beoordeeld op 7-3-2019
Capri S.
Accounting
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-12-2019

"Excellent to manage sales!"

Opmerkingen: Very user friendly and easy to use with reporting tools and sales data.

Pluspunten: Excellent to manage inventory and sales for multiple locations. We use this for our USA and France offices to manage inventory and sales.

Minpunten: Nothing at all. This program has helped us manage day to day sales to get an idea about which direction our company is headed.

• Beoordeeld op 16-12-2019
Darrel W.
General Manager
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-10-2018

"Awesome POS system"

Opmerkingen: Far fewer mistakes than previous POS system. Incredibly easy to learn, even for people frightened of computers. We also have a sister business that is totally different......but we're able to integrate our loyalty program using VEND, and it's easy for each business to personalize the system.

Pluspunten: I spent several months reviewing POS to replace our existing system---being cloud based and integrating with Shopify were absolute musts. I had narrowed it down to two, Vend being one. Since we are a non-profit they gave us a discount, which clinched the deal, but Vend also had acouple features we liked that the other one didn't. Once it was approved, I spent a month or so converting all of our products (about 3000), customers (over 3000) and vendors (a few hundred) into the new system, using CSV files, as well as changing the way departments and categories worked----much more closely to how we operate than our old system allowed. Five days after we went live, I went on a ten day vacation to Europe. All my employees said it was really easy to learn and navigate (and the few questions they had were quickly answered by their 24/7 help). They're are always making improvements and updates.

Minpunten: Their e-commerce platform comes as part of our package, but at the time we signed up (two years ago), it was still pretty plain, so we're still paying for a separate Shopify account (it integrates quite well with Shopify, so I haven't been in a hurry to switch over anyway). At some point I'll probably take a closer look and see if switching over makes sense.

• Beoordeeld op 10-10-2018
James D.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-7-2018

"So easy to use, even my Grandma could use it."

Opmerkingen: love using Vend. Its simplicity allows for quick training of new employees of all technological experience. However, the best feature is the ability to use it during an internet outage. We had this happen a few times where the internet went out, yet we were still able to conduct transactions. With our old POS system, an internet outage meant we had to close until the internet was restored. With Vend, there was no wait. We were still able to process sales and didn’t lose money. However, the lack of Priority Phone Support, while we haven’t yet needed it, is a little disconcerting. Adding this to all of the plans would create a near-perfect system.

Pluspunten: absolutely love the ease of use of Vend. While I myself am rather technologically literate, some of my employees are not. However, because of how easy Vend is to use, they picked up on how to use it within an hour. I do also love the cloud services and their ability to keep running even through an internet outage. I did like that I had the ability to try out the product before purchasing. I realized within minutes that I preferred it so much more than my previous POS system. My favorite aspects are the value and price. You seem to get so much product at such a cheaper price than its competitors. I also liked that we could use our existing cash drawer and receipt printer with Vend. The loyalty dollars option is not something we currently use, but it is nice to know that we could always opt-in.

Minpunten: Even though I use Google Chrome as my daily web browser, I am not fond of the fact that this is the only browser that works with Vend. If an update breaks Chrome, then I am left without a POS system. I’m hoping that they fix this and allow other browsers to work with the system. I also do not like the fact that I have to pay an additional cost for Premium Phone Support. If I am paying for your product, I should have support that is available at the highest level and available when I need it. Sometimes, something is so important that it can’t wait for an email support response. This is something that definitely needs fixing.

van Lucia op 27-8-2018

Hey James, we love to hear that retailers love Vend! Thanks for your review of Vend POS − great to hear that training has gone well and that you’ve made good use of our offline mode, it’s really an essential feature for a modern POS. Vend is fully supported on Google Chrome and Safari, we cannot guarantee that Vend will work as it should on other browsers, some features may work and some may not. Sorry if that’s not ideal for your business setup and appreciate your feedback on this. We highly recommend using Google Chrome for the best performance. Best, Lucia (Vend’s Community Manager).

• Beoordeeld op 29-7-2018
Leah K.
Inventory Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018

"Tremendous POS"

Opmerkingen: 1. Easy, simple online storefront integration. This has increased our sales and has allowed us to make sales to a wider customer base.
2. Inventory movement transparency. Our former software solution was impossible to use in any way that allowed us to view historic inventory movements, as it didn't include any type of purchase order system; inventory had to be updated item by item manually.
3. Inventory valuation. The ability of Vend to average out our costs means that we have a real-time view of the value of our stock at any and all times.

Pluspunten: The software is easy to use and incredibly user friendly, and is consistently being updated with new features and improvements to old ones. It offers a full-scope inventory management experience. It makes it easy for us to take our shop on the go, as we sell at numerous trade shows and conventions.

Minpunten: There are still some features missing, or which I would term incomplete, but as Vend is relatively new and the team is constantly working on releasing updates, I have every confidence that these are cases where it is just a matter of time. It is somewhat frustrating at times that there are some issues where internet connectivity issues can cause hiccups in the system that then need to be fixed on the back end by support, but these are few and far between.

van Vend op 18-6-2018

Hey Leah, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS! It's wonderful to hear that you're so delighted with the software. Thank you for also appreciating that our team are working on making Vend even better and creating terrific new features to make running a retail business easy. If you have any specific features you would like to request or feedback for our team please submit a ticket using the follow link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Beoordeeld op 6-6-2018
Julia P.
co-owner
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-6-2018

"It's been awesome..we have greatly enjoyed VEND and would highly recommend it to anyone!"

Opmerkingen: ease of set up , ease of running

Pluspunten: It's a very intuitive program for staff to use...accross our 7 locations staff was able to learn and use the program immediately setting up the sell screen, buttons, keys and departments was easy to do with the help of the online tutorials and some tips from customer service, as well price changes and new products are easily added and adjusted. the real time information that I am able to easily access at my office to see what's going on is great....i am able to compare outlets performance side by side I was able to, relatively easily, import a large data base of existing gift certificates to use on the new system...

Minpunten: There is some information/data that i would like to be able to be put in a report/receipt , that function is currently unavailable...discount reports and the gift certificate number showing on the purchase receipt... we have had some hiccups with the bluetooth connections with the printers and some problems with speed and button response, but did find that updates tended to fix that problem... wish there was a way to access my stores through my phone, perhaps by an administrator app of some kind...

van Vend op 18-6-2018

Hey Julia, thank you for your review and high recommendation of Vend POS! Delighted to hear that you're so pleased with using Vend point of sale software to run your business and thanks for your feedback as well. If you require assistance with your hardware I recommend contacting our support team for assistance. You can submit a ticket or a feature request anytime with this link here https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Jennifer B.
Owner/art instructor
  • Beoordeeld op 13-6-2018

"Vend is user-friendly and has been and easy transition for myself and my employees."

Pluspunten: I LOVE the fact that I can see a photo of the product, since my DIY store is very visually based. I like that it is so easy to add or delete users. This helps when I have staff change and I have to take off employees to add new ones.
I am a very organized person, so the folders really help, along with the color coding of each folder as well.

Minpunten: I would really like to have more features for the Admin position. I would like to be able to customize the features for what an Admin position would be. I want my manager to be able to add products and be able to do inventory. Also it would be really nice to be able to void out a transaction that has been closed if a mistake was done, but it seems like I have to refund the items first. Sometimes, customers just decide they don't want to do a project after we have done the transaction. It's rare, but it happens.

van Vend op 14-6-2018

Hey Jennifer, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Great to hear that you're loving so many of Vend's features. In terms of customising Amin roles and permissions, you can do this with Vend's Advanced User Permissions which is available on some of our plans. Good news regarding voiding sales ¿ this is really easy to do in the Sales Ledger. Go to https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/227008567-Using-the-Vend-Sales-Ledger and choose 'Voiding Sales' at the top to find out how. If you need any further assistance or have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly support team. We're here to help! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Beoordeeld op 13-6-2018