Cost effective tool to edit, merge, split your videos with ease

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019
Swapnil D.
Founder and Director
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Very cost effective tool and easy to use for video preparations

Pluspunten: Good feature of sound amplify. If you have recorded some video with low sound volume and want to amplify it then this tool has great feature to do it and it is very useful. I am able to amplify sound of videos with ease. It is easy to add subtitles to video. I am able to define videos targeted with subtitles shown in the video itself instead of SRT file

Minpunten: limitedsupport for animated videos or videos with special effects. Text to speed conversion is not 100% accurate and there would be errors in text generated from speech

Hello there,

Thank you for your feedback. We offer free video tutorials that will allow you a deeper understanding of our basic features and tools including help with animated films. You can view those tutorials here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#animation

VideoPad - Simple Video Editor

Beoordeeld op 17-12-2019
Supun S.
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: VideoPad is simple video editing software. This is not a professional video editor. But we can use this software to edit a simple video. Many transitions and video effects are included in VideoPad and we can use them to create a nice video as our wish. Both free version and paid version of VideoPad is available. If you are a beginner to video editing you can use free version and practice. We can make a good video using the free version also. VideoPad is a great tool for the beginners in video editing field and they can learn lot of things from this software because it is very simple to use.

Pluspunten: VideoPad has a simple user interface and it is easy to use. NCH team has released two versions of this software. One version can be used for free. We can use the free version to try the software. This is a great opportunity for users because they can buy the software if they are satisfied with the features of the software. This software comes with many visual effects. I really like this software because of the simplicity. We do not need to follow any course to learn VideoPad. I learn it through using the software itself. This software supports many common video formats such as avi, mpeg, wmv, divX, Xvid, mp4, mov, vob etc. After finishing the edit we can directly burn it to a DVD or we can upload it to the YouTube through the software. No need to do the burning or uploading process separately.

Minpunten: We cannot output the video in mp4 format if we use the free version of the software. It is the major disadvantage of the free version. Because mp4 is the most common video format that supports most of the video players, this is a big drawback to VideoPad. But we can output mp4 video if we purchase the software. VideoPad is not suitable for professional video editors. Here we have only a limited amount of visual effects. VideoPad takes much time to render a video. Therefore we have to wait long time to get the final video output after editing the video.

A must have for editing any video

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019
Film Maker
(Bioscoop)films, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: VideoPad helps in day to day video editing needs. Its quick, extremely easy to learn, yet robust and immensely powerful in what it does. VideoPad is an extremely stable software. It is a must have for those who want to edit their videos without diving deep into technicalities of video editing.

Pluspunten: The best thing about VideoPad is that anybody can edit a video with this software right out of the box. VideoPad is so easy and intuitive to use and the learning curve is almost nil. So if you want to edit video in the blink of an eye, then this is the software. Plus it has several handy tools to edit your video like a pro.

Minpunten: All though one can edit videos of any sort with this program but VideoPad is not intended for movie making, thus lacks a lot of features that one would expect from a professional film editing software. So if anyone is looking for a software to edit films or movies then this is not the option.

van NCH Software op 26-12-2019

Hello there, thank you for your feedback.

In our efforts to enhance our products, are there any specific features you would like our team to add in future versions?: Kindly share your suggestions directly with our Development Team here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

-NCH Software Team

Lighter than others but as powerful

Beoordeeld op 15-11-2019
Gonzalo B.
Web Developer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great for homemade movies and a bit more, quite robust for its simplicity I would recommend it for everyone that need a cost-effective, simple and easy to use with a not so steep learning curve. Recommended.

Pluspunten: VideoPad has been my choice to cut, quickly edit and create simple, home-made films for over a year now. I love how simple is the interface, it reminds me a bit to the good old MovieMaker but way more feature-rich and able to cope with something more than a few pictures and text. I love that I can layout my videos on layers, something that the big players on the market have (being the heaviest and most expensive) but the simplest don't.
As soon as I opened VideoPad I was welcomed with a nice and simple hybrid: easy to use but yet powerful enough to have layers, speed adjust and export into multiple formats easily.

Minpunten: There is not much to dislike, what I do remember is that even if I got the non-commercial license it keeps asking me to verify I am using it for non-profit only.

Nice video editing tool for publishing videos to social media

Beoordeeld op 13-6-2018
Marcos G.
Production and Content Director
13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We tested this editing tool in the office and we were satisfied. It is a simple editor, which makes it easy to learn and use. You can edit many types and formats and especially export in about 15 different formats. It is particularly useful for social networks because of the different export settings that it has for networks, as well as very modern and attractive transitions and effects. It really has all the features of a basic program, but also includes advanced features such as some 3D editing, 360º video, masking and closed captions.

Minpunten: There are few things not to like ... I would have to say that the user interface is not very cute or attractive, although it works ... We would also like to see more possibilities in editing and mixing sound.

van NCH Software op 13-12-2019

Hello Marcos,

Thank you for your feedback. Our latest interface features a dark mode feature. We would like to hear your feedback on it. You can download the latest version of VideoPad here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html
We look forward to hearing from you

Video Pad

Beoordeeld op 27-5-2019
Michael ugo A.
Visual producer
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The overall view of Video Pad is completely satisfactory, very simple , affordable but delivers high quality audio visual output.

Pluspunten: It is very simple but very effective to use with a high quality HD Audio / Video output. Also, the video and audio channel offers multiple layers, enabling video editor to add different visuals and adjust differs audios. It comes with additional audio wave pad mixer enabling a perfect audio transitions and videos transitions cuts .

Minpunten: I consider they should work on improving the 3D effects because some of the effects are little outdated.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your feedback. In our efforts to enhance our products, we thank all of our user's feedback. Kindly suggest any tools or effects you think can enhance our program here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

Steep learning curve

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2019
Katie K.
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: the final product looks as good as you make it

Minpunten: Steep learning curve if you're new to editing. Sound problems

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your feedback. We offer free video tutorial on VideoPad's basic tools and effects that can help ease your learning curve. You can find those here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html

If you have any questions, our Support Team is always ready to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad

My own view

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Bloger
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am using it to create videos for my YouTube channel, mostly creative common videos. I use it to edit the videos to my desired choice before I upload it to my YouTube channel. So far so good, it has really being helpful and useful to me in so many ways.

Pluspunten: I Like the aspect of it allowing users to join multiple videos together, e.g two or more videos.

Minpunten: It's not easy saving edited video in mp4 format.

van NCH Software op 26-12-2019

Hello there, thank you for contacting us.
We offer free video tutorials that will show you how to perform VideoPad's tasks including saving your videos to an MP4 format. You can find these here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#mp4
If you have any further questions or concerns, our Support team will be more than happy to help you here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad

Good Video Editor to Get You Started

Beoordeeld op 29-4-2019
Savannah M.
Podcast Editor
Omroepen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I used this video software to begin editing YouTube content and it worked pretty well. Even the free trial for noncommercial purposes gave me a lot of options and was not too hard to use.

Minpunten: My only problem with software like this is that when you do not know all of the more in-depth features, you can't use the software to the best of its capabilities. If you spend time with it, you can definitely use all of the more advanced features, but otherwise, it probably will be hard for anyone to just pick up and use.

Hello Savannah,

Thank you for your interest in NCH Software. We offer free video tutorials that display a handful of VideoPad's tools and features. You can check those out here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/tutorial.html#interface
If you have any further questions, our Support Team is always ready to help here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad
NCH Software Team

Definitely recommending it

Beoordeeld op 20-5-2019
Rahul M.
Process trainer
Internet, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I'll definitely recommend it to anyone who'd like to easily edit their videos. I'm using it in combination with Debut and it's just super simple. All the assistance is available online. They're very minutely crafted.

Minpunten: No, nothing that I found while using this platform

An economic alternative to iMovie

Beoordeeld op 31-12-2018
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I'd recommend and has recommended this software to a lot of people, friends and family , to be specific, at least 8 people use this software because of me. I have made video gifts for the loved ones , and that too at very short notice period, takes less than half hour to make incredible birthday video gifts ,all for non-profit purpose, only thing i gained is love and respect of family and friends.

Pluspunten: I absolutely adore this software, i have several reasons for that , it is also the first video editing software i used. I have been using this software from last 6 years now, and for 5 years it remained my primary video editing software. I downloaded it in 2012 because all other software were asking for money (and i am not rich, from a developing country), and this one was free so i downloaded it and the first thing i noticed is the ease of use, i was literally able to do the required tasks without any prior experience or even the tutorials, its so easy to use.
2nd thing i like the the precision it offers when you have to stop or cut at a particular instant, it really allows you to do that and mix several clips.
3rd feature i use the most is clip speed, i make several kitchen videos in which quick action is required and the customization of variable speed, allows me to make videos more presentable and rich.
4th feature i use is text to speech, i use it in my videos, it helps me keep my identity anonymous and get my message across the somewhat dangerous political spectrum in my country.
5th feature that i love a lot is i can export videos in 720p .mp4 format easily,
6th feature that i learned only this year is using green screen, yes it allows you to change your background image/video and this really amazed my friends a lot. I have made birthday video gifts, cooking videos, edited movies for myself, made short video clips, edited music, its a complete package.

Minpunten: there really aren't many cons, except one or two , you'll have to really go nitpicking for them to showup
first and biggest one is the speed, the time it takes to load a video is less but processing the video takes eons of time, especially if its in HD or full HD. The main reason i shifted from videopad, is the processing speed, be it exporting a HD video or processing it for slow or fast motion, it takes a lot of time while other software does that, atleast the processing part, in split seconds.
the second one is lack of beautiful fonts on text slides, they are just plain boring or uninteresting, I have to go to extra lengths to create slides in powerpoint and then use those screenshot images in video, to avoid the built in text slide in software.
third and final one is the ease of using it fades away in video effect, every time i had to go under the tab video effect, like picture in picture or green screen, first i had to take a video tutorial and then the shifting of images was also not as easy as the rest of software is. you have to consider a lot of parameters.

Much More Functional Than Similar Priced Software

Beoordeeld op 26-10-2018
Heidi H.
Writer
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I really like VideoPad. After struggling with other similar software I find it a huge relief to use their interface. When I create Intros, I go to other software to do that and bring it into VideoPad. But that's the only thing I create elsewhere. Much more robust and a lot easier to use than Wondershare Filmora.

Pluspunten: I love that it's possible to create multiple video and audio tracks all layered. Wondershare Filmora does not allow this (!).
It's also possible to drag the tracks right and left on the timeline. Wondershare Filmora, for example, does not allow this either which makes it very challenging to do anything complex. So Videopad supports complex videos with many layers, which is what I always end up creating.
This software was the easiest video software for me to learn to use. The user interface is generally intuitive.
It has a lot of different kinds of transitions - definitely adequate for anything I plan to do
It has a lot of adjustment tools - ways to adjust the video color etc. - for the price.

Minpunten: It doesn't have as good intros as other software (Filmora Wondershare and Typito have way better intros)
Once a transition vanished from my video and even with emailing Help I couldn't ever future out a way to fix it. I had to do that part of the video in another program ultimately which was super inconvenient. But this is the only time that ever happened. Ever since transitions have always stayed.
The Help responses were slow and none of them helped. But at least people are there and do answer at least part of the time.

It's worth every dollar

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2018
Santiago A.
independiente
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Easy to use, this program allows you to open almost any audio and video extension in the market. You can use its free version but it convinces you a lot, but it pays to pay a license for a work tool as good as this one. Others in the market worry about great visual details in the interface, but NCH reaches a balance that does not suffer your computer working or your patience.

Pluspunten: What I like most is the simplicity that it offers to work with any video and audio. They offer you a platform of multiple resources for your video project. I have used it with complete satisfaction. Its use is not complicated, if you are looking for a good option and do not want to spend much this software is perfect with you. It is not as expensive as other options in the market, and it offers you, export in formats that others do not. I am very satisfied.

Minpunten: They should improve the details of the user interface, not bad, but it can be better. I like that it does not demand so many resources from the teams.

It gets the job done, with lots of bells and whistles

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2019
Social Media Manager
Professionele training en coaching, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like how easy it is to export video in different formats from VideoPad. I also like how easy it is to pull clips from larger videos. I use it weekly to pull clips from long-form videos to create more bite-sized content for use on social. It was also very easy to train other users to do the same task.

Minpunten: The interface is a little basic looking. It reminds me of the old winamp. The features and functionality are huge, but the UI skin looks dated. This doesn't really bother me though, as I don't need shiny distractions when I'm trying to get some basic tasks done!

Interesting but something to improve

Beoordeeld op 22-11-2017
Alberto M.
Account Executive
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Possibilities to import ififerent format of files

Pluspunten: A full set of features to edit, cut, merge etc. videos; intuitive and with a fairly comprehensive set of possibilities.

Minpunten: Registering and paying process cumbersome; moreover, I could not port my licence to the new PC when I changed my old one.

van NCH Software op 10-12-2019

Hi Alberto,

Our Registration Support Team will be happy to re-send your registration code and installation file to the software you previously purchased. You can contact our Registration Support Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/support/regcontact.html You can find need further assitance on how to register your products here: https://www.nch.com.au/kb/10053.html

-NCH Software Team

With VideoPad i can edit videos easily and they look great.

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2018
Jacqueline M.
Asistente
1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I'm learning a lot about the video editing

Pluspunten: This is a super cool tool, because it is easy to use, which makes it ideal for beginning editors like me, but also has a number of options for the editions look professional. It is ideal for editing home videos, it is also ideal to upload videos to social networks directly.

Minpunten: The free version does not have the ability to export socially if it has the paid version, so if you want to test how you can publish your videos directly on social networks you have to buy the paid version.

van NCH Software op 13-12-2019

Hello there,

We are very sorry to hear you had this experience with our software.Some functions in our app do require an upgrade to the full version, however many features are completely free forever. We appreciate your feedback, our support team is always available if you have any further issues or concerns here: https://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=VideoPad

-NCH Software Team

Perfect easy to use software

Beoordeeld op 28-2-2019
Ben A.
IT Technician
Schoolleiding, 51-200 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great, I needed something to be able to finish off editing a video and this was the perfect option. Likely to buy premuim version

Pluspunten: Being completely free its the perfect option to be able to do video editing, paid versions with watermarks immediately push people away from the software however videopad does not have that problem

Minpunten: UI may seem a bit outdated to some so could do with some redesigning however it has all the functionality you need

van NCH Software op 23-12-2019

Hello Ben,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your feedback, If you would like you can suggest any tools or effects that might make our UI better. Kindly suggest your ideas here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

-NHC Software Team

VideoPad is a software to edit videos for those users who are new to the subject.

Beoordeeld op 24-3-2018
Yanelly A.
Animadora
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: The world of video editing is not an easy subject to manage, so it is necessary to have software that not only allows a great job, but also is easy to use and adapts to the little experience of the beginners. in this matter, allowing us to explore more about the edition of videos and be able to evolve and then manipulate more complex programs, that is the great advantage of VideoPad.

Minpunten: VideoPad offers good alternatives for editing videos because it has several tools that facilitate work, thus achieving a great job. However, for those who are looking for an even more professional editing job, VideoPad may fall short, despite this, I recommend 100%, particularly it has worked brilliantly and I have achieved great results.

Simple video editing software

Beoordeeld op 21-9-2018
Osanda G.
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I think this is the most simple video editing software I ever had used.
-This is very easy to use
-This is very user-friendly
using Videopad for beginners, You do not need to be professional video editors. You can start from using the simple tools what ever you want. And finally you can see a better video without any problems.

Minpunten: This is not excellent for professional video editors. Because videopad has limited functions and tools.

A bit tough to use but fantastic otherwise

Beoordeeld op 1-5-2019
Harry J.
marketing manager
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: VideoPad is one of the best softwares out there for editing videos. I've been just so pleased with their editing and cropping tools. They're incredibly precise and easy to use.

Minpunten: I don't really like the user interface all that much. It bothers me from time to time as it is just too cluttered.

Hello Harry,

We appreciate your feedback. In our efforts to enhance our products, we would like your feedback. Kindly suggest any suggestions you may have directly with our Development Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

-NCH Software Team

Is a very easy to use, practical and functional editor

Beoordeeld op 5-7-2018
Grato P.
Programador
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: With videoPad you do not need to be a professional in editing, it is practical, functional and intuitive. I not only use it to edit video, I can also edit an audio file and change its format

Minpunten: It is an excellent editor but with basic and limited functionalities. If what you want is to do simple jobs, it is a great option

Great Replacement for Windows Moviemaker

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2018
Benjamin B.
Associate Pastor
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: If you liked the simplicity of Windows movie maker, then you're going to like this software. For users who grew accustomed to the windows version, this will be easy to use.

Minpunten: Like Windows Movie Maker had it's drawbacks, so does this software. The sometimes frustrating nature of navigating clips and the lack of some advanced features make this not the choice for advanced users.

van NCH Software op 11-12-2019

Hello Benjamin,

In our efforts to better our products, Is there anything, in particular, we could improve? We would greatly appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve. You can share your suggestions directly with our Development Team here: http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/index.html

Great Editing, For A Great Price

Beoordeeld op 15-7-2019
Lacey M.
Owner/Operator
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Great, easy, and professional looking editing.

Pluspunten: It allows terrific video and sound editing, along with green screen capabilities.

Minpunten: There isn't too much I would say that I don't like about the software. It could be a bit more user friendly, but otherwise, great quality.

A multifunctional tool very easy to use

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2018
Edward M.
Programador
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I not only use it for video editing, but also for recording and editing audio. It is a very useful and easy to use tool, you do not need to be an expert.

Minpunten: The interface gives the impression of being an obsolete software and it really is not. They should add more video transitions

Very easy to use. You do not need to be a professional

Beoordeeld op 3-9-2018
Maria F.
Ingeniero de desarrollo de software
Programmaontwikkeling, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I can easily locate the video scenes in the editions I do and all the effects offered by the editor, all thanks to the good distribution of its graphic board.

Minpunten: It is a somewhat limited program. If you want to make simple editions, this program is correct.