Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Open Dental

Krachtige, flexibele, betaalbare software voor het beheer van tandheelkundige praktijken. Een uitgebreide oplossing voor tandheelkundige praktijken.

Meer informatie over Open Dental

I like the ease-of-use and the lack of monthly recurring costs. Open Dental is actually very powerful, and other software can be integrated within.

Of course, it was timely to set-up but not difficult for staff to get the hang of the software. Some links to windows were difficult to get used to at first.

Beoordelingen van Open Dental

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Open Dental heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 77 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Open Dental eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (77)

Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

The Best Practice Management Software

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Open Dental manages all of our schedule, records, and manage claims and payments. I couldn't practice without it.

I've used Dentrix and Eaglesoft before using Open Dental, and have to say that Open Dental is by far the best. Everything is straightforward, it's simple to learn, and very customizable. Managing patient records and tracking claims and payments is a breeze. Their customer support is incredibly helpful, and the backlog of webinars and videos are the perfect training tools for someone learning the software. On top of the great functionality, the cost is incredibly affordable and makes selecting Open Dental a no brainer.

The only downside that I've experienced is that some things take extra steps to reverse if you've made a mistake. Other than that, it's very easy to use.

2 jaar geleden

Thank you for the feedback - we're so happy to hear that you're capitalizing on the customization options in the software and using all our training resources! We'll continue to work hard to make Open Dental the best value on the market. Welcome to the Open Dental community :)

Nate
Dentist in VS

DO IT

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, this is an easy decision. I highly recommend Open Dental. I have used others, and Open Dental is by far the best out there. It is the cheapest, easiest, and most simple out there. There are many features that makes it amazing. SWITCH today.

The most easy answer all day. GET OPEN DENTAL. It is the best and easiest dental software that you will ever use! Seriously, listen to me. GET OPEN DENTAL. I have used Dentrix, Eaglesoft, and others and Open Dental is by far the easiest to use. The support is AMAZING. you never hear about this with any company, but this company is great at answering questions.

There is not ONE thing that I do not like about Open Dental. They are a great company and a great software.

3 jaar geleden

Thank you for your kind words, Doctor! We are happy your experience has been stellar, that's always our goal. We look forward to continuing to serve you as your practice grows :)

Andrew
dentist in Canada

Unsatisfactory

3,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Other reviewers write that they came from Dentrix. I find this add. That is the opposite of my experience.
User cannot simultaneously open Chart and schedule book. Try writing patient note and look something up in the schedule - not possible.
Set the procedure complete in Chart and nothing. You also necessarily need to add it to appointment procedures and complete from Schedule book. What a waste of time. Clinical notes and completed/planned procedures are displayed in the same window - it's a pain to find and add notes. Overall, I don't find Open Dental intuitive. I miss many features from Dentrix where modules are clearly separated and easy to navigate. I would not recommend.

Ability to text patients from within. Quick online support with chat option.

It lack usability. Features are outdated.

Lori
Office Mgr in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Everything you need, nothing you don't.

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: There is a learning curve, but if you take the time to explore the features, you will find the solution to nearly every problem you have ever come across. If not, it's probably in the next update.

Clearly designed by people that understand dentistry.

Price of eservices. Specifically text and emails.

2 jaar geleden

Thank you for your kind words and the feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We look forward to supporting your practice for years to come!

Brad
Operations Manager in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers

We love Open Dental!

5,0 2 jaar geleden

One of the things we love most about Open Dental is how customizable it is. In so many areas of the software, we can make it look and feel exactly how we want. Their customer service is amazing. We can call or chat with them any time and always get a timely response.

We have used Open Dental for about 5 years and have never had any huge problems. If/when there are issues, they do a great job addressing them in the next update.

2 jaar geleden

Thank you for your kind words, and we're so glad you've had such a great experience, that is very gratifying to hear! We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Danielle
Front Office Team Leader in VS
Medische praktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Software is easy to use

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Great, we have had no problems with this program.

Open Dental has so many great features! There customer service department is top notch and if you need anything they make sure there is a report or they fix any problems.

There really isn't anything that our office doesn't like about this product, they are always updating and making it easier to use and understand!

4 jaar geleden

Thank you for the kind words, Danielle :) We look forward to continuing to provide you with great features and the top-notch support you deserve!

Diane
Practice Manager in VS
Medische praktijk, 2-10 werknemers

A PMS you can rely on with wonderful support

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have enjoyed learning Open Dental as a clinical user and Practice manager. It is easy to navigate and customize to our practice needs. I LOVE the customer service they provide when I'm stumped or want to learn more!

Open Dental has many customizable features compared to other PMS systems. You also have endless access to "how to" tutorials or you can call their pleasant customer service for assistance!

To navigate some areas there can be a lot of extra clicks to get there, but overall not a major downfall.

7 maanden geleden

Thank you for the kind words, Diane! We're glad you're enjoying Open Dental's customization features and friendly support! Our technicians are here for you anytime, and we encourage you to plug into our YouTube channel and opendental.blog for more learning opportunities! Welcome to the Open Dental community :)

xochitl
xochitl
Manager in VS

Great dental software.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: You can use this to set up your office in a digital format. From patient forms to monthly reports. It works well with other programs, too.

It's open source, which I love, therefore, I'm able to change, adjust and add forms, lab slips, charting and much more. Reports are easy and the selection is great. The interface is user friendly and quick to learn. The fees are minimal, if desired to have support, to free. The are certain programs that can be purchased or added for a fee, mobile view, e-claims etc.

I don't like that only one section can be opened at a time. You can't have the patient chart and the schedule open at the same time.

6 jaar geleden

Thank you for the great review. Note that you mention that you can only open one section at a time. Some areas do allow this, but for the main windows that do not, simply open multiple instances. I always keep two instances open so that if I am about to check someone out, for instance, yet I want to work on another account or take incoming calls, I can do both at once! (Nathan, CEO Open Dental)

Annie
Insurance Co-Cordinator in VS

Open Dental

5,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been working with Open Dental for 8 years and it's amazing. Easy to use and easy to teach and learn for new employees.

It is easy to use, teach and learn.

You cannot open two windows at a time.

5 maanden geleden

Hi Annie - thank you so much for your kind words! We wanted to let you know that you can Open multiple "instances" of Open Dental by opening the software multiple times - this way, you can have several windows open at once :) Our Support Team can offer other great tips or answer any questions you may have - feel free to reach out.

Rex
Rex
Owner in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Great Software at a Great Price!

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Open Dental has been great, and hoping to expand with the software as we open more offices. The features are in depth and offer us the abilty to use technology to stay current with innovations. Playing to use the 3D features and online appointments.

Open Dental has so many features, and the ability to add features with modules was a key reason we decided to go with them in a new clinic. The ability to network our entire system and not getting hit with expensies for needing multipe license was a strong reason for us to use Open Dental.

Not cloud based. Hoping that they move to a cloud based system in the near future. The security features of cloud based would really help us to stay HIPPA compliant without having to spend so much time securing data, backups, etc.

Susan
office manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

VERY user friendly. Great software.

Opmerkingen: Great.

We transitioned to this software after our practice was sold to a new dentist. I was very scared about changing software but after about two weeks (without any training) we were using it like we had been using it for years. It is so user friendly. I was very happy with patient check in, check out, adding insurances, and making treatment plans. I would definitely recommend this software. I know that is integrated quite easily with our existing digital xray system though I was not involved in getting that set up. I just know the transition was very smooth.

I can't think of any problems other than our particular doctor did not provide training. I am not sure if Open Dental providers training. Maybe Youtube video tutorials at the minimum. But again it is so user friendly, it did not take long to figure out.

3 jaar geleden

Thank you for the kind words, Susan - we're so glad you were able to make the switch easily and have learned things so quickly! We have loads of training videos on our YouTube Channel if you would like to enhance your learning, and our support team is always just a call or chat away if you have any questions :)

Kayla
Office manager in VS
Medische praktijk, 51-200 werknemers

User Friendly

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall I’m pretty satisfied with my daily use of opendental and the user friendlyness of the program overall

I really love how user friendly open Dental is on the administration side with the accounts. It’s easy to see clearly and understand

Some times looking at the software, it could look a bit outdated compared to other dental programs.

Mary
Office Manager in VS

Very User Friendly

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Very easy to learn and implement. Very user friendly

I would prefer the ability to have multiple windows open at the same time to be able to go back and forth.

2 jaar geleden

Thank you for the review Mary! To have multiple windows open, simply open multiple instances of Open Dental. To do this, just open the program, then open it again, and again, etc. - each copy of the program can be re-sized so you can work in multiple windows simultaneously. Feel free to reach out to our support team for any other questions!

Lauren
office manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers

Open dental

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have enjoed the customization of this tool. The tech support has been better then I have experienced. My favorite aspect is that open dental is open source which makes it very flexible and robust in it's capacity.

Customization

So many functions I could use more training

Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

Solid and easy to use!

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Haven’t had any problems and it runs smooth!

It’s easy to find my way around. It integrates well w Dexis.

W this last update there is a pop up that shows up when leaving a pts chart that is annoying.

Amber
Dentist/owner
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

We love what OpenDental offers!

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We tell people to make the switch to OpenDental all the time!

Everything—the support is awesome. The software is always adapting to what dentists need in ways that actually benefit them and the program isn’t bloated with a bunch of “features” that aren’t useful.

I hate to complain because there’s not too much to complain about... but we don’t love that you can’t edit the hours on the schedule to only start at 6 or 7 AM and end at 6 PM. Again... petty.

Kathy
Front Desk Practice Coordinator in VS
Medische praktijk, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Open dental is a good product

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Easy to use and understand. Easy to learn the functions. User friendly and color coded well. Easy to access all patient information with a few clicks.

Slow at times, and can be glitchy. Some functions have too many steps to get to hat you need to do.

ASHLEY
CALLCENTER COORDINATOR
Medische praktijk, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

open dental

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Open Dental is a very well liked software by all of our employees. It is easy to use, especially when having to train.

easy to use, very straight to the point, icons show you exactly what you are looking for, everything you need is at the click of a button

The only issue I have with this software, is that if you have multiple offices you have to look up a patient by each office. There is not 1 search place that will search a patient at all locations.

Lee
Lee
Dental Consultant in VS
Internet, 51-200 werknemers

Easy to use with manageable reporting

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Makes management of dental practice predictable.

Extraction of data; patient profile is complete. Access is easy to control. Notes capabilities are great for documentation; would be nice if administrative notes were separate from clinical notes. X-rays integrated with the software.

Some data not extracted in an easy to use format. Need more levels of access to give specific tasks to specific individuals. Use of prompts to complete data fields would be a nice enhancement.

Tori
fronst desk in VS

open dental review

4,0 5 jaar geleden

the software was very much like dentrix, easy to learn

you can not customize and integrate other certain software.

Illya
Owner/Dentist

Overall excellent experience.

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Ease of use is and ability for new staff to learn on is fantastic. The support is easily accessible and every issue has been resolved quickly.

There are some graphics that can be updated, but overall I have ad a great experience. I would and have recommended this product.

Justin
CEO in VS
Medische praktijk

Converting this week

5,0 8 jaar geleden

Free demo conversion to let you experience the product side by side with your existing software. It runs on Linux so the performance is better and can be tweaked. Support is really helpful. The cost is really low and does not include charges for additional plugins or devices. It is all inclusive. Support drops to really low monthly after 12 months (you can even stop paying after 6 months if you feel like you do not need support any more). This is Open Source software, so all the benefits that come with open source are included.

No way to put the server in the cloud because the data is sent unencrypted. This is fine on a local network, but makes it impossible to host the server in the cloud (like Amazon).

Isabel
Office Manager in VS
Facilitaire diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Open Dental

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Open Dental is user Friendly, and easy to understand

What i love most about Open Dental the A/R part for billing reasons

I really do not have any dislikes a bout Open Dental

Mykola
DMD in VS
Medische praktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Don't waste money

2,0 4 jaar geleden

Not bad for small office if you do not plan to grow

be careful,they change the price without warning and then deceive that they talked about it!

Jennifer
Dental Hygienist in VS

Very easy software to learn!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

The icons are very large and it is easy to find what you are looking for. The first time I used it I felt like I had used it several times before!

I feel that there are too many steps in order to get to things such as the "notes" section. I had to write the steps down at first so I would remember.