Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Vimeo

Tool voor videobeheer die videohosting mogelijk maakt aan de hand van HD-delen, statistieken en bewerken.

Meer informatie over Vimeo

A great and involved community. Posability to rent or sell out your content trough the application.

People don't know much Vimeo, there's no audience there so, sadly, I am using only for that purpose listed above.

Beoordelingen van Vimeo

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Vimeo heeft een totaalscore van 4,6 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.026 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Vimeo eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.026)

Blake
Blake
Operations Manager
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Expensive but worth it

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Kristie
Kristie
Amazing Video Effects and Graphics! in VS
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

From Youtube to Vimeo Pro!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I used to get paid by YouTube back in 2015 but I had signed up for Vimeo Pro for free. I do personally like the platform on Vimeo better than YouTube and Vimeo feels more hip and young. It is for those who are into high resolution graphics and videomaking. It is not like YouTube where the videos are created from smartphone tools. It is for professional videomakers, animators, and motion graphics artists. It is the main reason why I joined Vimeo Pro, but now, it is turning into a career.

My company is focused on creating graphic designs and motion graphics to promote my artistic products, and Vimeo Pro is the perfect way to make my products promoted online. During the pandemic, I was furloughed from my employer so I decided to use my time to promote my online business. I had it established in 2015 but I was working for my employer for the last four years and did not have time to make proper sales. Instead of just sales, Vimeo Pro has helped me create an online community for those interested in my brand. It has been a lot of fun and the features on Vimeo Pro always excite me.

My least favorite feature is the high costs involved in maintaining my online presence on Vimeo Pro. MY favorite feature is the videomaking tool which I do have to pay a monthly subscription for, but there are so many costs involved. It was like starting my own channel by paying Vimeo to keep maintaining my videos. It has been an expensive journey for me as a member of Vimeo Pro.

Peter
Consultant in Denemarken
Duurzaamheid en milieu, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to distribute my videos to my clients and managing team folders

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Quality videos and marketing strategies creating a more connected and productive team in the long run.

I can easily engage several teams on the platform and I have the freedom to switch between them. No worries of background disturbances, videos can be mute to avoid them. Also, it brings stability in performance and our overall goal. Creates beautiful presentations which came be customized to make them more appealing. In the case where files in question are too large or contain parts which are not relevant, trimming is possible. This improves efficiency in the final results. It is generally a very easy to use tool.

Well, no cons experienced so far. Work is always done to expectations.

Kate
Marketing Manager in VS
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

Vimeo Video Platform

3,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

I enjoy how easy it is to share and manage videos with advertisers.

The quality of the videos can sometimes get lost in uploading.

ZhiMin
Filmmaker in Canada
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Quality screening but need more options

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using Vimeo for a while but not able to continue to pay monthly fee. So I lost some video when I stop playing monthly fee and I don't get to choose which video that I can keep. If a platform that support artists, please offering something that artists can afford and the options that they can choose.
I love the idea that showcasing some great video works and maybe the platform and artists can both monetize the art works.

1. the quality of the images are higher than Youtube 2. More options for sharing the video 3. You can replace the video with the same sharing link, easy for update 4. It becomes a more reliable platform for professionals. It works towards helping filmmakers to find jobs and career development. 5. No annoying commercials all over the place.

1. Monthly fee is high, it becomes a financial burden. 2. No option for choosing the video on your account if you decide not to paying the monthly fee. 3. Not enough audiences and pay if you want to sale your video on the platform.

Jolly
Data Associate in Denemarken
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Complete solution to create and manage your streaming platform or VOD site

4,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Vimeo stands in to solve the rapidly evolving threats and attack in the video streaming platforms. The experience is definitely the best.

It is easy to add live streams on the platform. It gives the full freedom to customize the dashboard and allow viewers to navigate within the platform without closing the video. Adding content for watching later is possible bringing flexibility and efficiency. Scalability is a key feature in Vimeo, it is capable of supporting multiple users without glitches. Security and reliability is also present in their services making it the best tool to work with.

With huge protection against unauthorized access and user friendliness, Vimeo deserves five star rating. It has shown the best features and operation.

PENISOARA
PHOTOGRAPHER in Roemenië
Fotografie, 2-10 werknemers

Very good for the free version, a little expensive for the premium version

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I use the free version, because I don't need more. But if I were to switch to the premium account, yes, it seems a bit expensive. The quality is very good, both video and audio

video and audio quality after upload sharing on other social media channels can be integrated into the website

the upload speed is low technical assistance is not very good

Candace
Assistant in VS
Visserij, 2-10 werknemers

Amazing for editing

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

If your needing a way to edit and video this is the app for it. I love how I can take stuff out and add things.

The customer service was a little hard to get ahold of but other than that it's a good app.

Angus
Angus
Editor in Australië
Omroepen, 2-10 werknemers

Still the best platform for showcasing professional video

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We have had a paid subscription with vimeo for over 6 years now and in that time it's remained the best option for hosting our professional video work. In that time streaming has steadily improved too. A decade ago the platform sometimes had buffering issues whereas YouTube did not. Now they are both the best performing mainstream platforms for video hosting. Their own slices of the market and audience types remain the same, with vimeo being the preferred platform for higher end video content, professionally produced videos and Indie documentary. It's still the best option for industry professionals (not content creators) who want to showcase their work.

User interface is as clean as ever. Uploads are fast and so is streaming.

Tinkering with the UI when it's already solid can lead to confusion as to how to use some features of the platform. I know they are just trying to improve but too much tinkering - especially for parts of the UI that are good already - can be confusing.

Robert
Marketing Coordinator in VS
Meubels, 11-50 werknemers

Vimeo is great!

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, using Vimeo works great for us and allows us with a place to house and share video with our team and partners.

Vimeo is easy to use and convenient for businesses that need somewhere to house video assets without looking to generate traffic.

The only downside I can think of with Vimeo is that sharing links externally can be tricky. Whenever a video is finished uploading, the share button will not work when sending out in a newsletter, Teams, etc. the video id needs to be added to the end of a separate url. Not a big deal, just not as convenient as the rest of the platform.

Amy
Talent Acquisition in Brazilië
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 201-500 werknemers

tested and trusted for video management

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

It gives me the best video quality, it's amazingly easy to customize to my taste and it's very easy to use.

it hasn't frustrated me in any way since using it.

Oussama
Founder & Game Designer in Marokko
Computergames, 2-10 werknemers

A Personalised and In-Depth Look at Vimeo

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Overall, I've had a great experience with Vimeo. It's user-friendly, has great video quality, and has plenty of features to satisfy most users. The only downside is the pricing, but if you're willing to pay for the features, it's definitely worth it.

Vimeo has been my go-to video hosting platform for years now. The user interface is incredibly easy to use, and it has a variety of features that help me customize my videos. The upload speeds are also lightning fast, and I never have to worry about buffering or lag. On top of that, the video quality is always top-notch and I'm able to easily share my videos with friends and family.

Although Vimeo is great for hosting videos, one area it falls short on is its pricing. The free version is limited in features, and the paid plans can get quite expensive. However, Vimeo does offer discounts for annual plans, so if you're looking for a long-term solution, this might be the way to go.

Adam
Technical Operations in VS
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers

This Vimeo Pro platform is valuable, it does good things!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We wrote a whole website around it at one point, we are in the video production business and we wanted our videos "play everywhere" with hassle or bandwidth limits. We even had a Christmas video go viral. Vimeo handled our swelling viewership like a champ with no extra fees or charges of any kind. We got tens of thousands of views.

This video platform is valuable, it does good things. At first, I was a little put off and I asked myself why can't I just host these video on Youtube for free? Why should I pay for this service every month. Vimeo does some pretty great things, first and foremost, Vimeo is discreet, it doesn't add commercials before OR after your videos. You videos get full attention and you control what the end user sees. This is perfect for hosting videos on a corporate website or small Wordpress site. You can even customize how the player looks and where the videos are allowed to play. Other paid sites cost much more for the same features.

The internal user interface can be clunky at times, you can sometimes get lost in there. But in general, it works well and allows you to save presets on some things that make consistency easier. i.e every video has the same qualities.

Vincent Po
Vincent Po
Managing Director & Global Chief Marketing & Technology Officer in Canada
Informatiediensten, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Decent video hosting with some minor caveats

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Vimeo's main competitors like Wistia cost so much more and for small businesses, most can't afford Wistia. Vimeo has been a fine option for video hosting, good value for money.

We have clients from all over the world and we found out later on that some clients couldn't view the video's hosted on Vimeo. We found out that Vimeo is banned in some countries, while that's not really their fault per se, but it is a pain in the butt as we didn't really have alternative options for video hosting for those countries.

Thom
Thom
Adjunct Professor in VS
Schoolleiding, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Video hosting done right

4,0 2 jaar geleden

I needed a way to restrict where my videos could be embedded. Vimeo is one of the few platforms that will actually do this by domain or hostname.

I wish livestreaming options were included at base levels. The livestream options make it too cost-ineffective compared to other platforms.

Co-Founder in Canada

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

A core tool for our business

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Delivers all our video for a large online magazine - in nearly every article. It's professional, easy to use and well-priced.

Great features at a great price - delivers video to our readers without ads...with almost unlimited capacity.

Can't think of anything...delivers all we want...could it deliver links in video like Wistia? Doesn't matter - price is so good.

Omroepen, 201-500 werknemers

Vimeo for Business

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are solving the problems of running out of storage space. This is a great way we can upload additional video. We also frequently need to send video elsewhere and we use Vimeo for that. Other businesses and platforms are able to easily see the video that we are sharing. The embed option is great! It's super easy to grab the code and go. You can also share a link to whatever video you upload right to your own social media page. This is easier than going through the trouble to directly upload a video to Facebook or Twitter which can clog their system. Vimeo Pro also gives you the option to see that "stats" on each individual video that you uploaded. It shows how many people have played your video, the impressions made, and the play rate. You can also link your Vimeo to Google Analytics to keep a closer eye. Mainly we just use Vimeo Pro for the uploading of videos itself.

We have been using Vimeo for your business for three years now and have never had any complaints. I work for a television news website and sometimes we need to upload additional video that our individual system does not support. That's when we turn to Vimeo. All of the videos we've uploaded have been crystal clear. We like that we're able to grab a code and paste it on our own website. It gives an option to link back to Vimeo but it isn't tacky and overwhelming. It looks neatly embedded onto our page while giving Vimeo the credit they deserve. We also like that you can customize links. This is great when we need to send a link to a video to someone who isn't in the immediate vicinity. We can change the privacy settings of Vimeo so only that person with the link can see it.

The only real complaint we have is that we tend to run out of storage space each week. Also, we wish there was a way to remove the large title off the top of the screen. An option to make it smaller or remove it altogether would be nice.

Aeris Thuy Khanh
Assistant Online Editor in VS

Good Video Sharing Platform for Businesses

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, Vimeo is an easy to pick up and use platform for video sharing between team members and to showcase to clients. The interface is easy on the eyes and looks good on first impression.

Vimeo is really easy to use and easy to learn the interface. I like a lot of the functionalities, like making showcases, replacing videos, marking timecodes for comments, etc. I like that Vimeo allows you to have a brand page and a personal page.

Vimeo can be so buggy and laggy sometimes that it doesn't feel like a B2B platform. The search function on Vimeo should be better and differentiate between content on Vimeo vs. my Vimeo content search, not combined. I think Vimeo could benefit from showing video metadata details.

Secure professional video portal

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I had to move a video library of 120+ videos from an FTP server to a video hosting platform. We selected Vimeo, and couldn't be more thrilled. It was very secure and parsed uploaded files into multiple deliverables so customers would get the video sized right for the device they were using to access the video. The biggest testament to how much we believed in Vimeo is that our video library moved from just over 120 when we moved onto Vimeo to close to 700 videos in 1.5 years. We had thousands of customers accessing custom content, but never had a security breach (we could see the failed attempts from some hacking centers across the world).

Vimeo exceeded all expectations. When uploading videos, Vimeo would fork the file into multiple deliverables to have options to provide each user with the optimum file for their device/bandwidth. The security features were excellent. You can define passwords for videos or set specific sites that videos can be played on, but blocked from all others. There were other Intro and Outtro features that can be set with the tool (we didn't use this, but were aware of the capability). The analytics dashboard provided key details on video consumption. This allowed us to gather key information on what videos were successful and what made videos successful.

The one thing I would love to see offered by Vimeo is the ability to create a playlist of videos into a coordinated sequence or set of videos around a topic.

Stuart
Producer/Host in VS
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

Better Than YouTube or Daily Motion...But It Should Be Because You Pay For It

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The couple of times I've contacted Customer Service have resulted in IMMEDIATE responses...usually in less than an hour. The quality of the video streams are far superior to YouTube and Daily Motion and I like the ability to link Vimeo videos to my Roku TV channel. They provide an excellent "hosting" and storage outlet.

I really like the non-filtering aspect of Vimeo - they in essence let you upload and post anything you want when you have a Pro account. Because they do not get the volume of hits YouTube gets, your videos are less likely to get nitpicked to death by automatic filters that sometimes call claim to something that is definitely not owned by someone else. I've stopped posting my videos on YouTube for the most part because of their constant unwarranted, incorrect claims on MY OWN material. With Vimeo, this is not an issue.

Their are only a couple of drawbacks. The first is Vimeo's processing time. Once a video is uploaded, it seems like it takes a very long to post once it's processed on Vimeo's side. The longer the video, the longer the processing (obviously), but it does seem to lag behind YouTube and Daily Motion. Still, the service and quality Vimeo offers is far superior...and again, that's because you pay for it. But I have no problems with paying because the service and quality are so good. The second issue is minor - if you want your videos to reach the widest audience, the typical search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) do not seem to pick up the Vimeo links as often as their YouTube results. Again, this is a minor issue for me.

Professionele training en coaching, 2-10 werknemers

I love using Vimeo Pro to host the business videos that I display on my WordPress website

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Over the years, my experience with Vimeo has been great! The platform is a wonderful way to serve my clients in a professional way with private video access. Another great thing is that the videos are hosted on Vimeo for years, even if you have a free plan.

Paying for Vimeo Pro is useful to me as a business owner for three reasons. The first reason is I can create private video lists and private video pages for my clients, which looks professional. Clients are able to leave comments on those pages and they can be given their own passwords. My second reason for my using Vimeo Pro is hosting. They host my videos and I am then able to post them on my WordPress website in a clean and professional way. Using Vimeo for this looks much better than posting on my website with YouTube. YouTube will link website visitors to other videos at the end of their viewing and that can be really annoying. With Vimeo, you can include a call to action button at the end of the video instead. The third reason for using Vimeo Pro is the option to sell videos.

I really don't have a con in using Vimeo Pro. Maybe the con would be that someone wouldn't want to pay for it when they could use YouTube to host their videos for free? But, as I mentioned above, there are great reasons for a business owner like myself to want to pay for Vimeo's professional hosting service.

E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Good option for hosting ad-free high and quality videos

5,0 2 jaar geleden

I like that you can go live and even record screens from directly within Vimeo. They don’t have limits on bandwidth so it gives peace of mind as to the video you upload can have unlimited views. It gives the video’s a professional presence. It doesn’t show as ads like youtube. If you opt for the setting to show suggested videos, the suggested videos will be of your channel only so your audience will not get distracted by someone else’s content when they finish watching yours. Using the embedding option I can embed the same video in multiple places without the hassle of having to upload the same video in different places. The videos have a fast response time and you can easily brand the player to your brand colours, you can save all presets which makes consistency easier.

They had about more than 6 hours of downtime a few months ago and no one was able to access any of Vimeo's videos, it was rare but hope such long outage doesn't happen again. Multiple videos cannot be uploaded at the same time, uploading via mobile is even slower. The editing options available for videos before sharing are limited and can be expanded more.

Jayla
self employed in VS
Kunst en nijverheid, Zelfstandig ondernemer

This Is Like YouTubes Twin Sister!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Love it! Privacy and storage isn't a big issue for me, but it can for others. When you go on YouTube you can encounter really mean people, here in Vimeo, its so great and positive, very rarely you encounter bullies or fresh people! Supportive community and great place if you don't like being judged because its lower population than YouTube! People think of it as a bad thing but, I personality think its AMAZING! Yeah you may not get a lot of views but you get more supporters than haters! You can make the most simplest video and you will get supporters no matter what! At lest for me! You may have limited storage but at least you get really nice people!

I love this app! I love how you can download videos and save them encase you loose your video or want it back later. Great sores like YouTube, Little safer community than YouTube, Small population but friendly kind people and supporters. Very updated and you can tell it is! Less rude people and more professional people who support you and help you. Bully free and little more flexible with using music.

Unlike YouTube, you have limited space and you have to pay monthly to get a bigger GB in your profile space. Its playing too many of the same 4 ads. More cons is that you need to pay for privacy, people can just download your video unless you play the program not to allow it. So anyone can just download your video and use it.

Curry
Videographer and Assistant Media Director in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 11-50 werknemers

The cheapest and most efficient way to manage long-form video and more

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: In all my years creating video content, I've never experienced an easier way to upload, view, download, or watch all of my content in one place. We uploaded all of our sermons, creative videos, promotions and more weekly without much of a problem. While it's not cheap, it's very affordable in the grand scheme of comparative software for what it does, exudes professionalism and allows for some truly breathtaking options in customizing your content. Those upload quotas can create quite the headache, though.

The seamless integration allows for quick uploads, very strong communication on the process it takes to compress, convert, and post. There are numerous privacy options, from private links to password protected videos that give the user control over their projects unlike a lot of other platforms. There's also streaming features now that open up even more doors.

The upload quotas. Unless you have at minimum this Pro plan, you're going to run into trouble from time to time. We uploaded probably 18 GB's a week and cut it close several times, and sometimes had to wait until the following week to be able to post our content. That may not be the norm, but it keeps smaller churches and companies from utilizing it due to this not being an issue on YouTube.

Pearl
Personal Trainer in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Vimeo may be for you

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience with Vimeo was positive. I would have loved to stay if it wasn't a financial choice at the time, but I've gone a different route with my business and no longer need this service, however, I think for those who are focusing on exclusive type videos, this may work for you.

One of the things I did like about the platform was I was able to integrate it into my website. It makes it very easy to do so. I found that it was able to be customized as well so that your videos look professional and really make your brand stand out.

The reason I decided to leave Vimeo was due to the fact that I didn't have enough space unless I paid for more space. At the time, I had just started my company and I did not want to have such a high overhead especially because I was also paying for the website and all other things that come with starting a business. I wanted to keep my costs down. But don't let that deter you, I just was not experienced on how to best utilize the system. If you are more established this may be a good platform if you want to make your videos more exclusive.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Editor in VS

A linchpin for my business

5,0 6 jaar geleden

So many pros to list here. My favorite features are the reviews page. Giving a private link and allowing clients to make notes at specific times in the video has been hugely helpful. The ability to replace the video while maintaining the same URL is also amazing, and very helpful when managing videos linked to all kinds of sites. All the privacy options makes it easy to manage a huge portfolio. The albums feature makes it easy to organize large video lists into sections. Being able to allow downloads makes this the best platform for working with clients from start to finish. Can't praise Vimeo enough. Vimeo > Youtube

Occasionally, the upload will fail and replacing the video will not work, making it necessary to start over with a fresh link.