Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over M-Files

Krachtige software voor contentbeheer waarmee je moeiteloos al je documenten en informatie kunt organiseren en beheren.

Meer informatie over M-Files

I liked that based on that it sorts documents by it self.

Typical for some IT-solutions: "almost anything can be done with M-Files. Takes away focus of what problem exactly is solved with M-files.

Beoordelingen van M-Files

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

M-Files heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 180 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je M-Files eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (180)

Joe
Joe
Engineer
Luchtvaart(maatschappijen), 10.000+ werknemers

Daily User

5,0 3 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Clarwin
Clarwin
IT Services Manager in Filipijnen

Go-to application for any Digitization Project

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: M-files is a must for any company seeking to implement digital transformation initiatives in their company. I love best is its extensive feature set and seamless integration with Microsoft products (e.g., office, IIS server, MS SQL, Windows, etc.) The workflow feature is easy to customize, setup, and implement. It will change the way you deal with paper documents once you experience how easy it is to digitize, and manage your documents. The OCR functionality is a beast! Just like having Google on your local repository, reading through the very contents of your digital documents.

The thing I like the most is the seamless integration with Microsoft products. This made it easy for implementing the use of M-files into our office workflow (it works well from within Outlook, Microsoft Office, even Windows Explorer). The creation of a Workflow is made very easy via a graphical workflow editor. Just a little learning curve and we are able to setup the different manual processes into a solid digital workflow for the office (e.g., filing for leave, routing of papers for approval, storing scanned copies of contracts and any kind of document in the office).

When implementing on a large scale (e.g., company-wide) we really had to sit down and plan out our licensing arrangement. Note that M-Files comes in a variety of licensing options (e.g., read-only, named user, concurrent user). Some offices can possibly share licenses (but number of active sessions will be limited). Planning out the best license option is quite a task since we were woking on a limited buget and we had to optimize the value-for-money setup we can have. It can also be a bit overwhelming for new users. We had a bit of difficulty in the deployment since we had to train all the users (who found it not so intuitive at first). But then, after the training, it has then been integrated well for our daily use.

Systems Analyst in Canada
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

ISO Optimized DMS Software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

With our company looking to become ISO certified, we knew that a proper DMS/QMS system would be required within our company. After multiple meetings, we decided on M-Files as it provided the easiest integration into our current system, and increased our security control for all documents within our company. We now have the ability to control change management, document approval process, SOP reviews, etc. efficiently and effectively

It can be confusing at first with having to 'check out' a document from M-Files to review and/or edit. Once complete, you check it back in which will change the version number of the file. Once figured out, all of our documents are now properly maintained.

Beveiliging en opsporing, 201-500 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Expensive, bad documentation, no debugging capability and bad support from the vendor

1,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are a german company that uses M-Files for some years. I'm the poor guy that has to configure the backend/server side.
The basic functions are easy to setup, once installed, the server and client side runs well. The basic idea is easy to understand, documents belongs to classes ans has class-specific metadata attributes like "telephone number". Attributes can be linked to other objects... fine!
What makes me sleepless nights is, that if the implementation of a little bit more complex things like right structures, workflows with many steps e.g., you're totally lost with M-Files.
There are some different documentation pdfs, describing just the basic functionality - WITHOUT CLEAR EXAMPLES.
There's the possibility to submit tickets (if you have a support contract). This tickets are answered after some days by (asian?) supporters. There's a lot of mail-overhead just to desribe the problem. In most cases the supporters does not respond to the concrete problem. The do'n offer, for example, a short teamviewer session to solve the problem on the customers system. That's can not be calles good support!
M-Files provides the possibility to write own (visual basic) code, triggered by event handlers. This code can be written to a empty white editor (without any debug possibilities, or any kind of help to the programmer) on the server side. Notepad.exe provides more features! No Breapoints, no debug log output, the only way to debug own code is to rise exceptions that blows the script. That is 1983, not 2017! The API functions are not nice encapsulated, it's a nightmare to wirte own code...but required often - to customize and build workarounds for missing functionality.
Logging in general...not nice. There's a "event log" on the server side. Some basic events are logged here, for example login, logout, document checkout... But it's not very detailed! If somethin went wrong, it's not written there. Maaan!
The user frontend (windows client) looks nice and works well. The server side looks also nice on the first view, but many "nice" features are not implemented. Lists of 300+ Users... no search field, no possibility to select 5 people and delete them, you have to do tis one by one...
I hope this (view from the administration part) gives you a small impression of the daily work. M-Files seems to spend a lot of money in marketing an nice small videos to bring the CEO to buy the product, but where are the videos describing the rights structure from the technical side? Nope!

- Usefull user interface on the client side - Good basic structure

- Expensive - Very bad support - Bad documentation - No usefull examples - Not self-explaining to the adminsitrator

IT Project Manager in Filipijnen
Vermogensbeheer, 501-1.000 werknemers

One Place for All Document Types

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: M-files was a great tool to create one common space for us to store, share, and retrieve documents and digital assets online. Workflow are next, but we're still securing more funding given the new pricing model.

Our office being limited with space has decided to keep tidy and lean by going digital. We tried M-files because it has good reviews, good recommendations from industry partners, and it has been receiving awards as well. So far, so good. After manual scanning, we upload our files into the M-files vault and everything is securely stored and easily accessible in one place. Searching for the file you need is easy because M-Files makes searching via metadata, and also not by location logic, but by what the document you're looking for is. Workflows is another reason we took M-Files in. We played around with it and it really is easy to create workflows via the graphical logic setup screen. Even the non-technical staff understands how the design works because it is pretty intuitive and straight-forward.

M-Files has changed its delivery and pricing model. We have a perpetual license for 2018, but it turns out we need to upgrade into the subscription model for M-Files 2019 in order to continue receiving the updates, upgrades, and customer support. Since we have not yet upgraded, we are put on hold in terms of implementing our digital workflows. Now we're just waiting for the next budget season and release to upgrade.

5 jaar geleden

Hi David, Thank you for sharing about your experiences using M-Files with others on Capterra. It is rewarding to hear that M-Files has helped your business with its digital transformation and that you are realizing improvements in the way that your staff store, share, and retrieve documents and digital assets online. I am confident that when you are ready to upgrade to M-Files Online that your company will see the value in having immediate access to product improvements and new capabilities. Please feel free to reach out or visit our customer portal should you have any questions or if we can be of assistance to you.

Çağrı
Çağrı
Engineer in Turkije
Automotive, 10.000+ werknemers

Good For Data Storage But It Needs To Be Faster To Allow User Better Experience"

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been using this software for 2 years.We were storing the working documets to another sharefolder. First feeling was there was no folder structer and user interface is not familliar as we were using before. But I would like to add using M-files Software has increased our storage capacity. It also helps data transmits when someone left the company.We have started to eliminate know-how lost in company .Addition to this I feel working with this softare may be time consumer.M-Files team needs to improve the infterface and needs to make the software more user friendly

I woudl say the most I like about the M-Files is ensuring security to the companies for working in bussiness.M files eliminating the data transfer and data leak to 3rd party companies which are not allowed to Access the data. Other think I like at it is integrated and working pretty fine with Microsoft Office softwares .It aslo makes our business efficiency great

What I dislike about the M-Files is User interface quite diffuclt to get used .They need to impove as well. One other thing check in and check out to folder requires additional tasks and reminders to proceed with document.It decreases work efficiency dramaticaly

4 jaar geleden

We appreciate your candid response regarding your experience with M-Files. Would you be open to discuss in more detail? If so, please feel free to contact me as my contact information can be found below.

Willem
Willem
Frontend Chapter Lead in Nieuw-Zeeland
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

The best and online data storage repository

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The M-files tool is more costly. The pricing model must be modified; we're still hoping to secure more funding. What I don't like about the M-Files is how difficult it is to get used to the user interface: it must be improved. Anyone who needs to collaborate with others on documents and provide information should have M-files software on hand. M-files is an excellent tool for consolidating online storage, sharing, and retrieval of papers and digital content.

The seamless interaction with Microsoft programs is the best-ever feature. This made incorporating the use of M-files into our office routine a breeze. A simple and intuitive graphical workflow designer is also my favorite which makes creating a workflow a little simpler. We were able to set up procedures for modification management and new data management with M-Files.

We experienced some challenges with the rollout because we had to coach all of the customers, especially those who found it not so easy to use and clean at first.

Alvaro
Alvaro
Account Manager in Filipijnen
Nutsbedrijven, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Central Digital Repo

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: M-Files has changed the way we move decision papers around in the office. We are slowly in the process of digitizing our workflows and simple business processes like forms approvals and routing of papers through the management team members. M-Files is now our central repository for archived documents and new ones coming into the inbox.

1. We scan the majority of our paper documents in the office, and it goes straight to M-Files. I love the seamless integration with Microsoft products (Office, Outlook, File Explorer) as there are quick buttons for upload, and the usual cut&paste, drag&drop also works. 2. The setup for workflows is amazing and easy to do. It uses a graphical interface that is fun to experiment with but at the same time powerful and highly customizable. 3. M-files works best in the Microsoft Windows environment as well as with mobiles devices for easy access to our vaults from anywhere with internet connectivity.

We initially had some trouble with integration with our Active Directory for a unified username/password management. We had to go through the documentation (which some are not so up to date), and the vendor we had was not so helpful either.

Josemaria
Josemaria
Vice Director for External Affairs in Filipijnen

50-year-old Archives... digitized!

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: M-Files is our repository of choice for all our digital assets. The M-Files server is secure, robust, and easy to manage. Files may be accessed via the main software, via an app, or even via a web browser. Plus, digital workflows have changed the way we work on documents, making it more streamlined, and efficient. We are confident that our archives and new files are safe from theft, loss, and unauthorized access.

M-files works seamlessly with Microsoft products (Windows Explorer, MS Office) which makes it easy to incorporate into our daily workflow. Our filing cabinet with 50 years worth of archives/documents have been digitally scanned recently, and M-files is our DMS of choice because of ease of use, integration with MS Office, secure vault features, OCR and powerful metadata tagging. Workflow design and implementation are easy since it is done via an intuitive graphical interface.

Licenses do not come cheap. Just make sure to figure out the best possible license type to your use-case (e.g., Concurrent for offices which can share licenses).

Amanda
Amanda
Recruitment Executive in VS
Werving en selectie, 501-1.000 werknemers

Perfectly developed product with so many useful features

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The interface of the product is quite effective in doing daily task work and also helps me in to understand all the features better. This solution suits every type of organization whatever their size and resources will be.

For me to work with full integrity and also it assures the safety and security of my documents to a larger extent. I really like its search bar that allows me to search each and every document from my system with huge ease and also it provides me a great help in sharing my documents to anyone anywhere in the world.

It has been the excellent tool with skilled customer response. I have experienced its support they are really professional and intelligent while resolving our problems. Honestly there is nothing to dislike here.

4 jaar geleden

Hello Amanda, we appreciate you taking time to complete the survey regarding your experience with M-Files. Very happy to hear that you find value with our product!

Tore Svenning
Tore Svenning
Senior Consultan in Noorwegen

Easy to learn, understand and to use. I allways find what I'm looking for

Opmerkingen: LinkedIn

I allways find what I'm looking for when I search in M-Files, but alsow when I go to views that is build by administrators or myselves.

I could have been integrated bether with SharePoint, but I have heard that this is coming :-)

Software Developer in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Great Document Management System with lacking support

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: M-Files is really a great Document Management System with many features, yet easy to use for the end-user. It has advances features like data synchronization between locations, as well as connecting to external databases and support for Dynamics 365. The workflow builder allows a lot of flexibility as well.
The only downside is the support. Over the years, the US office has deteriorated. In the first years, there were resources in the US office from Finland. Great consultants that assisted us in setting up the original deployment (that was 5 years ago). But in recent years, the US office doesn't seem to know much about the product and they've devolved into a sales office without technical expertise.
So if you are buying the software in the US and need something customized, be prepared to figure everything out by yourself. You will not get help in the US timezone.

- User-friendly for end-user - Blows SharePoint out of the water - Highly customizable on the back-end (custom workflows, external database connections)

- US based technical support is non-existent - M-Files will respond immediately if you want to purchase more licenses, but when there is a problem I can't get any support - Once had a call with a "senior" M-Files consultant that had been with the company for 3 months(!) Needless to say, he had no clue what I was talking about. That was the last time I engaged M-Files for paid for consulting hours.

7 jaar geleden

Thank you for your comprehensive feedback. We love it when our customers have such great things to say about the solution. We also appreciate the comments about your experience with the consulting team. We have shared that feedback and will reach out to you directly.

Sarah
Records Administrator in Canada
Management non-profit organisaties, 201-500 werknemers

Wish we had M-files sooner!

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been working with M-files for 2 years now and I can't imagine my professional life without it. I am the Records Administrator for my organization and therefore my concern lies in retaining record history and valuable documents. Of course this is facilitated through comprehensive database searches. I have appreciated the ease of use in the M-files interface and the various features that we now have for documents that simply were not present in traditional folder structures. I've trained close to 100 colleagues on this software with great success. M-files does an exceptional job of allowing everyone to work in a way that is natural and comfortable to them, while simultaneously allowing everyone to collaborate, work together, and find each other's documents.

-ease of searching -customize features -document version ability -youtube videos

-the biggest delay in rolling out M-files to our organization was that there was no model in which to consult. No prescribed list of document types or a model to play with. -From a records point of view, document retention should be built in somehow. We create thousands of documents daily and while some are permanent retention, most are transitory and should have a review process. I've been left to conduct record audits and manually determine record value based on a number of factors of the documents.

Steen
CEO in Denemarken
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Tremendous value from using M-Files

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Solution Management is a software reselling company. We use M-Files to manage documents and as our CRM system managing the full sales cycle with lead generation, opportunity management and communication with customers, contract management, all our projects, internal HR and finance management. Before M-Files we used traditional folders and Dropbox, but we suffered from not being able to find the correct versions of documents and made a lot of double work when making proposals, contracts etc. With M-Files we believe we have increased the value of our company by having all information assembled one place, using standard workflows for all processes including opportunity management, making proposals and contracts using templates and in general just being on top of all information in our company. M-Files gives really good value in terms of accessibility of information, security, functionality. If there is functionality you want different to what M-Files offer, you can in a controlled way develop scripts and applications giving you exactly what you want. We have used M-Files in 5 years, and it has never been unavailable. Top class simply.

Functionality Stability Price Support Ease of use

Cannot come up with something

Jeff
Project Manager in VS
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 11-50 werknemers

Out of the box experience

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Mfiles comes with features out of the box that get you started but the real value comes once you start modeling your business processes utilizing the functionality of the core software. I have been very successful at modeling our business processes using the software. I am always amazed with what I can do with it. You can do a lot by simply configuring the software and even more if you want to write a little code. I am very happy with the software and would recommend it to others. Don't expect it to be tailored to your business out of the box though. To leverage it you have to get into the Administration functions and then you can roll out the solutions to your users.

The fact that I can define a solution with the software that fits our business.

I think the professional services are expensive and cost prohibitive. That is not a problem with the software but it is a problem if you want to leverage the product. You really need in house expertise if you want to get what you need from the software.

Automotive, 10.000+ werknemers

It Helps To Organize Your Documents In An Order But User Interface Should Be Improved.

3,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It allow to keep your corporate memory in safe. We use it to organize our documents (drawings / 3D models / excel files / video and images etc.). Since we identified file category names manually (during implementation period), there was a chance to customize them. You can easily upload your files to the server and access to them in anywhere that you have an internet access. You can also check your documents by phone. However there is no windows type folder hierarchy. You cannot upload any item with dropping, you should categorize all documents one by one. So uploading all items take lots of time, when you have several items.

All uploaded documents can be opened by phone in anywhere where you have an internet access. Also customized category definitions help to find documents quickly.

Windows folder type (drop and upload) strategy can be implemented to user interface to provide more flexibility to users when they need to upload more than one document.

5 jaar geleden

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you find value in the ability to access M-Files outside of your office environment. We would also like an opportunity to discuss your additional experience with you personally. If you are open to a discussion, you can contact me at my information provided.

Sherry
Administrative Director in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Next Generation Business Management

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This product is a game-changer. Not only is your data retained better, it is retrieved quicker, work time is reduced exponentially, security is granular and well-protected, and analysis possibilities are endless! It is totally beyond me why anyone would use anything else to operate their business. SharePoint is nice for website management, but it costs you way too much as a tool to manage your business. Drop it now like a hot potato and get M-Files. It will save your company a ton of money in the long run.

Retrieval of documents, and analysis opportunities.

It takes some adjustment to move from a linear filing sensibility to a meta-data driven system. I still think linear. But I am getting over it!

Scott
Director of Engineering in VS
Olie en energie, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

M-files for Engineering

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My primary interest in using M-Files is with regard to AutoCAD drawings. I think the final product that will be delivered will be great. However, during our vetting process where we were evaluating a couple of different products, I specified my "must haves", and we were told by the salesman that "M-Files can do that". He probably knew that if it couldnt, it was a deal breaker, so its hard for me to fault him. However, after committing and going through the discovery process, it became apparent that the product had been grossly oversold in terms of its capabilities to deal with AutoCAD drawings and especially Xrefs. My requirements had been clearly stated in the scope of work document. As I said, I think the final product that is to be delivered will be excellent, and to M-Files' credit you are honoring the scope of work committments, but it has taken much longer to get the final product delivered than I ever imagined it would take. Hopefully we will get the final product for testing in a few days. Fingers crossed.

Ease of use, appearance (good user interface.

Did not really have the capabilities with regard to AutoCAD documents that we were led to believe it had. These capabilities have had to be developed by M-Files, which has taken a long time.

7 jaar geleden

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback, Scott. We are sorry to hear that there have been some issues related to managing your AutoCAD drawings and appreciate your patience as we work to solve them.

Andrea
VP/CFO in VS
Facilitaire diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Small Business User

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall M-Files is a great program. There is always room for improvement just like any other software program out there. My favorite part is that I don't have to pay someone else to make changes to my own company on the back end. I have almost full control over that aspect.

User Friendly, Have more control over my own company and set up.

Would like more search fields to narrow down a search. Takes a long time to get support for more in depth help like syncing other programs. When working on a project we have to try to get 3 people on our side to match up with one person on yours sides schedule. The support is not very flexible.

7 jaar geleden

We appreciate your feedback about Customer Support and will work to improve our scheduling flexibility.

Graham
Information Management Officer in Australië
Olie en energie, 11-50 werknemers

Feature packed product for a low price entry point

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We reviewed many software providers before deciding on M-Files and it was a choice based on features, support and value for money. M-Files has become a valuable tool in our organisation. The ability to customise almost everything from the way it looks to the way it functions with workflows has really allowed us to solve a lot of issues we had with storing and retrieving our important documents and information. M-Files comes as a blank canvas, so it is important to look at the sample vault and then work with your channel partner to plan your deployment, but as you start to use it, you realise more and more that it can do. I would recommend this to any business looking to implement a DMS

Easy to store information and allocate access to particular user groups Able to customise look Workflows are good

Metacard config needs improvements to make it faster to use and organise Admin access needs more granularity.

Matthew
IT Manager in VS

M-Files helped us get our document management under control.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

M-Files is a fantastic software for getting your file server and document management under control. It helps secure our files and teaches employees to be more careful in what they share due to its classification system. It was relatively easy to deploy and setup.

It can be a tad bit pricey however it does its job well and once it is deployed you can see the value in the cost.

Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers

M-Files gives me means of organizing documents for fast retrieval with parameters of a certain file.

3,0 6 jaar geleden

The main feature that I like most about this system is the workflow creation where you can convert your business process into a paper-less and effortless process. Proposals, approvals, routing memos, etc. can be done via the computer no need for physical papers and appearances to the concerned people.

The thing that I am not well pleased with the system is the complexity of the program. There is a need for serious training to be able to use the full functionalities of the system.

6 jaar geleden

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of M-Files and for sharing your experience with our software with others. I have made note of your insights on training and have escalated this to our support and product management teams.

Software Developer in VS
Halfgeleiders, 51-200 werknemers

Modern & Flexible CMS

4,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This product brings managing & accessing your company documents into the 21st century. The ability to access all your documents from in our out of the office on any internet connected device is a game changer. No more needing to share files via dropbox or OneDrive. This product can do it all either with built-in functionality or via their API's.

Ease of having access to all of your documents

I wish that there was some built-in functionality for doing validation for workflows.

7 jaar geleden

We are sorry to hear about your issues with the Chrome Plug-in and will reach out to you directly to address this issue.

Mattin
Joint md in VK
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 11-50 werknemers

M files establudhed user

1,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall good, worth taking the time to fully define before implementing, technical support good but sales support can be slow to respond.

Ease of use - value for money

Some aspects not as intuitive ad they shoild be

5 jaar geleden

Thank you for your review. We would like the opportunity to discuss your experience with you, if you would like. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Jim
Major Account/Account manager in Canada
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Gold Business Technologies - Kamloops BC

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been working with M-files for close to a year now and have of course learned in that time that M-files offers the most comprehensive information management solution than any other products we have had at our disposal. Our customers that need a solution are amazed at the power under the hood and the simplicity M-Files offers from the UI.

simple to learn, the user interface integrates into customers windows environment like nothing else i have seen. Very powerful under the hood and IT department see's great benefits to help manage their day to day issues and information management.

Haven't found any limitations since the new contract module was launched

Luke
Website Designer in Australië
Marketing en reclame, 11-50 werknemers

It has really helped our business stream our document management, saving lots of time!

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Save time with document retrieval and looking for files. Tracking document changes. Taking photos on phone and document scanning is great.

M-Files is really easy to use as it integrates directly with Microsoft windows. Tracking document changes are great. Searching for files is very fast, even in the cloud. Once properly setup it is really great, We used an Australian company, they know pretty much everything about it! It is cheaper now.

Files have to be saved with keywords so they can be found easily. You really need a third party company like to help setup automation and workflows to get the full benefits.