Applied Rater reviews

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Applied Rater

Realtime tarieven voor persoonlijke verzekeringen, ondersteunt meer dan 500 verzekeraars in de VS, 100% nauwkeurig, bespaart agenten tot 85% van hun offertetijd.

Meer informatie over Applied Rater

33 reviews worden weergegeven

Dylan S.
Insurance Agent / Assistant Office Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2018

"Save have the time"

Opmerkingen: Applied Rater overall works great and is a necessity in the insurance industry.

Pluspunten: This product saves so much time when rating insurance prospective clients. This will rate multiple companies at once to save time and checking all rates individually.

Minpunten: The software can be a little expensive, and may not support all your companies.

• Beoordeeld op 6-11-2018
David C.
Commercial Broker
  • Beoordeeld op 27-2-2018

"Couldn't even begin to imagine my life as a personal lines broker without this software"

Pluspunten: The ease of integration into broker management systems and wide acceptability by insurance companies, especially given most insurance companies will honour quotes completed. Limits duplicate data entry and allows quoting all companies represented at once for easy comparison of coverage and premiums.

Minpunten: When trying to quote home and auto to show a client true bundle savings, often have to close and reopen quote when sifting through different insurance companies as no company has same bundle discounts. Can add extra time.

• Beoordeeld op 27-2-2018
Russ D.
  • Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 10-6-2020

"Remember they have a 30 day cancel policy"

Pluspunten: A decent rater but others are better like QuoteRush

Minpunten: When you want to cancel after 3+ years they give you the standard sorry but we will charge you for a whole extra month. Not happy with their response.

• Bron: SoftwareAdvice
  • Beoordeeld op 10-6-2020
Jason S.
Insurance Broker
Verzekeringen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-4-2019

"Applied aka "Compuquote""

Opmerkingen: I know that it is a very expensive tool for an office to have but it's definitely needed.

Pluspunten: The amount of detail that you can enter. This product has come a long way in the last 10 years. For property you could not quote more than one location without errors before and now it seems to be much better.

Minpunten: There are probably twice as many fields to complete than there was even 10 years ago. It takes quite a while to enter even a simple quote as most of the fields are required to populate.

• Beoordeeld op 24-4-2019
Michelle M.
Agency Principal
  • Beoordeeld op 5-11-2018

"Simpifying the Quote Process"

Opmerkingen: This helps us quote and propose our clients with ease, it's a great asset to our agency.

Pluspunten: This system is user friendly and has all of our carrier options for both home and auto listed. We're able to easily turn around quotes and proposals and the quality of the proposal is fantastic. This tool has been a welcome one in our agency since 2014.

Minpunten: We had some issues with the big Windows 10 upgrade last year, but since has gotten significantly better.

• Beoordeeld op 5-11-2018
Ashlee W.
  • Beoordeeld op 23-11-2018

"Insurance Premium Rating"

Opmerkingen: I do feel like Applied Rater saves me time when I'm quoting multiple companies for one customer. Also a big time saver when the prospect I'm quoting has multiple drivers and vehicles, Applied will auto fill all the information that I give them into my carriers quoting sites.

Pluspunten: I do like how the program allows you to input information onto one platform instead of entering it into all of my providers separately.

Minpunten: I notice a lot of the time the information is not transferred correctly.

• Beoordeeld op 23-11-2018
Gillian V.
  • Beoordeeld op 9-12-2016

"Quoting made (relatively) easy"

Opmerkingen: We have been an Applied broker for over 30 years and have used Applied Rater (formerly Compu Quote) since it became available. It is still a valuable tool for our team to use in the quoting process

Pluspunten: it's relatively easy to use and fairly intuitive for new users...

Minpunten: it needs to have more fail-safes in place for quotes... certain fields that need to be reviewed or alerts to coverages that haven't been reviewed... perhaps turn on/off option for more experienced users but a good tool for those just starting or those who do not use the software as frequently

• Beoordeeld op 9-12-2016
Jennifer G.
CSR
  • Beoordeeld op 30-1-2020

"Applied Rater"

Opmerkingen: I am constantly looking for better rates for my clients and this allows me to do it with ease.

Pluspunten: I like that I can easily map over the policy information for the customer I am quoting. It is a huge timesaver

Minpunten: It slows down my whole computer. The time it takes to actually get everything open and running is longer than I would prefer

• Beoordeeld op 30-1-2020
Gabriel P.
Senior Territory Manager
Verzekeringen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019

"Good but not great"

Opmerkingen: Applied rater is a decent quoting system but my personal opinion is there are a little bit more expensive but much more advanced systems

Pluspunten: I like that the product can consolidate multiple carrier quotes into one system I like that many carriers are available on the applied rater system The cost is very affordable for agencies

Minpunten: To return quotes from multiple carriers is very time-consuming compared to other raters The flow of the quoting platform is very blocky and seems very archaic In our state only personal Auto is used on the rater which I believe means that it is underutilized for other products

• Beoordeeld op 18-7-2019
Rhonda C.
Insurance Agent / CSR
  • Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019

"Needs to be more accurate"

Opmerkingen: It is easy to use and faster if you have all the information completed.

Pluspunten: It fills in a lot of fields when asking for a quote with a bunch of companies - bit time saver.
I like the option of "prefill fields"

Minpunten: The amount of "prefills" should not be limited (for free), it should be included in the cost that is already paid.

• Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019
Insurance Agent
Verzekeringen, 10.001+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-12-2018

"Applied Rater Review"

Pluspunten: This is a great tool to use for insurance agents. I can easily go from one insurance carrier to another like it’s an internet browser.

Minpunten: It can get a little slow at times but it’s not a big deal.

• Beoordeeld op 21-12-2018
Ted J.
  • Beoordeeld op 8-2-2015

"Semcat Product Review"

Opmerkingen: We have been using SEMCAT for a little over 6 months now. We have found this product to save our offices a tremendous amount of time when we quote. Since SEMCAT uses the actual rating portals of our partners, we find that our quotes are more accurate. The SEMCAT options allow us to tailor our quotes as we wish to present them and we have multiple ways to present quotes. The service team at SEMCAT are next to none, they are responsive and are always willing to go that extra mile to insure we fully understand our issue and how to resolve it. There are few issues however when one does arise, they are quick to identify the issue and resolve it quickly. The product continues to evolve as well so it does have updates often times the updates are at the request of a user, i.e. evaluate suggestions from the user base and incorporate them into the product. All in all, a great product with a very dedicated staff, we would highly recommend this product and staff to anyone who is looking for a comparative rater.

• Beoordeeld op 8-2-2015
David Y.
Principal
  • Beoordeeld op 7-1-2017

"Applied ruined Semcat"

Opmerkingen: When Applied bought Semcat I was worried and my concerns have become true. Since Fall of 2015, the rates is junk. The company keeps claiming a fix is on the way. Over promise, no delivery. Stay far, far, far away. Was a tremendous product, now a headache and useless. Applied just takes my money and provides little return.

Pluspunten: Used to be the best on the market.

Minpunten: Useless since Windows 10 came out

• Beoordeeld op 7-1-2017
Jessica B.
Producer/Office Mgr.
  • Beoordeeld op 29-1-2015

"Semcat Review"

Opmerkingen: I love Semcat for rating. It definitly makes things easier for most products. The cons I have are 1)Constantly having issues with rating Safeway and 2) does not provide a way to quote mobile homes, RVs, Motorcycles, and boats into our carriers that provide those products. That would be a great tool if you were able to incorporate that into the rater. There is one more thing, my Semcat crashes...a lot. Maybe becuase I have so many client tabs open with quotes and so many carrier tabs open on the other side for payments and such. I like to use Semcat for everything but don't like when it crashes. I would like to see it handle my "overload" if that is in fact what's causing the crashes. Overall, I like Semcat, it's easy and I think you will work out the tweaks overtime. Always great customer service when I have to call. Thank you for that.

• Beoordeeld op 29-1-2015
Mark K.
  • Beoordeeld op 19-5-2017

"Outdated, expensive and outrageous fees to get your own data back"

Pluspunten: Their customer support was okay. The best thing Applied had going for them is their user group meetings.

Minpunten: No real update to TAM in the last 5 year. Spend all their money updating EPIC while increasing fees for TAM users. Highest fees in the industry.

• Beoordeeld op 19-5-2017
P B.
  • Beoordeeld op 3-5-2016

"Effectively Useless with Windows 10"

Opmerkingen: As the previous reviewer mentioned, Applied Rater (formerly SEMCAT) used to be a phenomenal product. However, after updating my system to Windows 10 in June of 2015 to stay compatible with other programs, Applied Rater became barely above useless.
In addition to the "XUL runner not working" issue, the program constantly freezes and has to be force-closed from the task manager. Sites won't open due to compatibility issues, Applied Rater won't remember the needed settings, and one has to default back to Internet Explorer to reset the compatibility settings. Ordering loss reports or credit scores also lock up the program, and occasionally Applied Rater will randomly freeze during the quoting process. When speaking with customer service - if you get a response from your email ticket at all - has been the same for over 10 months now (since July of 2015!!!): "We're working on a fix."
Applied Rater has gone from being the "one program portal" I used for accessing all info on a carriers site to an unreliable, erratic and unsupported nuisance that gets in the way of business.
I used to be a fanatical supporter of SEMCAT and raved about it to others. Not anymore, and it's shameful how far this software fell in less than a few short months.
Any reviews from before July 2015 should be ignored as they are no longer applicable to the current version of this once fine software.

• Beoordeeld op 3-5-2016
Heather B.
  • Beoordeeld op 8-12-2016

"Great Insurance Rater Program!"

Opmerkingen: Applied Rater is a great program for rating a new client with multiple insurance carriers. You input the client information into the Dashboard and then select your saved companies to quote with. You are then able to save and/or print off quotes with multiple carriers for the client to see which is the best option for them. We used to use SEMCAT and then they were purchased by Applied Systems. The old product was terrific as well. Occasionally we may have a few snags as an insurance company updates their websites or such that just needs to be communicated to the Applied Rater tech department to have them update settings. Overall, it's a great product and saves us a lot of time without having to re-input data separately into each carrier site.

• Beoordeeld op 8-12-2016
Gail R.
Personal Lines CSR
  • Beoordeeld op 20-1-2015

"Semcat"

Opmerkingen: SEMCAT is useful when quoting several markets to give comparison Quotes. Saves time not to have to enter the same basic info and prefills the information and automatically logs into that company's website.
The one problem we have run into is that some of the Homeowner companies will rate using a Frame rate in lieu of Brick Veneer and this has caused an incorrect quote when this information has pre-filled. Other than that I think it is a great quoting tool that most would find helpful and efficient.

• Beoordeeld op 20-1-2015
Vincent C.
  • Beoordeeld op 28-1-2015

"Speed and Simplicity"

Opmerkingen: Semcat is a great tool to have in any agency. We are able to generate more quotes in less time allowing us to better serve our customers. We also have an online quoting tool through Semcat that imports our website leads and notifies us when a customer is awaiting a quote. The downside to Semcat that it is missing real-time quoting with most carriers. If this would be available with more carriers...look out.

• Beoordeeld op 28-1-2015
Brandy B.
Customer Service Representative
  • Beoordeeld op 16-1-2015

"Very pleased with SEMCAT"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I think our agency is extremely pleased with the SEMCAT product. I utilize it on a daily basis for a variety of features: quoting, accessing company sites, keeping track of client info on a short-term basis, until I am ready to enter them into our system. Occasionally it gets a glitch here and there, but for the most part, it is an extremely useful and user-friendly product! I personally love it!

• Beoordeeld op 16-1-2015
Jason H.
Agent/Owner
  • Beoordeeld op 24-1-2015

"Outstanding Value"

Opmerkingen: We've been using SEMCAT for a few years now and I find the overall program is an outstanding value for the benefit it provides. The addition of real-time auto enhanced those benefits substantially and now SEMCAT is our only rapid rating system. It makes being an independent agent easier by allowing us to do what we promise more efficiently, which is "do the shopping for the customer"!! Thanks SEMCAT!!

• Beoordeeld op 24-1-2015
Travis P.
Independent Insurance Agent
  • Beoordeeld op 16-10-2018

"Great for slower computer users."

Opmerkingen: I think it would be very useful software for users who aren't very proficient with computers so they don't have to constantly replicate the input for quoting clients. However, being highly proficient with computers enables me to quote each carrier individually just about as quickly.

Pluspunten: The quote presentations that Applied lets you create are good visual aids for clients.

Minpunten: The software functions a bit quirky with many of the carriers, sometimes making you go into the carrier's system to fix the "bug".

• Beoordeeld op 16-10-2018
Jason S.
Agency manager
  • Beoordeeld op 11-6-2015

"Excellent Product"

Opmerkingen: Once initial training was completed, it took several weeks/months for me and my staff to fully appreciate the value of SEMCAT. I reached out to one of the reps to ask for additional office training and she was available to do it the very next day. After that training, our use of it and production from it has gone to a new level. I highly recommend it to any agency carrying multiple carriers

• Beoordeeld op 11-6-2015
Andrew M.
  • Beoordeeld op 13-12-2014

"Awesome Product!"

Opmerkingen: Our agency has been completely transformed with the addition of SEMCAT. We can quote so many more policies in FAR LESS TIME than ever before. It allows us to spend more time with clients and on other items. SEMCAT has definitely allowed us to increase our revenues far greater than if we didn't have this software. Looking forward to the next set of upgrades and features!

• Beoordeeld op 13-12-2014
Robbie D.
  • Beoordeeld op 17-2-2015

"Excellent Quoting System!"

Opmerkingen: SEMCAT allows me to quote new business more efficiently, provide a comprehensive proposal and close more business! It allows me to track new quotes through the sales pipeline and follow up more effectively on past quotes. I would highly recommend SEMCAT to any agency who wants to close more prospects and write more business!

• Beoordeeld op 17-2-2015