Over FreeAgent

FreeAgent is verkozen tot de beste boekhoudsoftware van het VK voor eigenaren van kleine bedrijven! (Accounting Excellence Awards 2018)

Meer informatie over FreeAgent

I also find that the whole thing is easy to use, from reconciling my bank accounts to sending out invoices. Plus they actually sort your taxes out (this might only be in the UK though).

Beoordelingen van FreeAgent

Waar voor je geld

FreeAgent heeft een totaalscore van 4,4 van 5 sterren op basis van 138 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je FreeAgent eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (138)

Anne
Anne
Milieudiensten

Makes bookkeeping easy for a novice, and still keeps an accountant happy

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Saves me a whole lot of time, and helps me keep clear records for my accountant.

At the moment it's free through my business banking account - I tried it because of this but it would definitely be worth paying for. I am relatively new to running a business and the software is very intuitive for a novice. My accountant is pretty happy with it too, so that's a big thumbs up! It makes invoicing and payment of exenses very easy, and is great for keeping track of money coming in/out and keeping an eye on invoices due for payment. Payroll is incorporated (you can file it with HMRC through FreeAgent or let your accountant do it separately). I also like the fact that it reminds me when my corporation tax and annual accounts are due. In a few clicks I can see my profit & loss account and my trial balance as well as spend in the different (customisable) categories. Really helps me keep on top of everything. The Android app is also great for reconciling payments and recording expenses on the move. The help files are fantastic, and the clear accounting descriptions and explanations make them a great resource for a small business even if you don't use the software.

Exporting information is a bit tricky in some areas - you can get a pdf out quite easily but an xls or csv would be more useful (you can export the entire company dataset as a csv, but not filtered individual elements such as unpaid expenses or balances within individual accounts). In some cases you can get round this by cutting and pasting, but it's a bit fiddly. Exporting all company data does not export attachments - so you need to keep a separate copy of scanned receipts etc outside FreeAgent. It is one of the more expensive cloud accounting software packages out there, but I have looked at a whole range and you can't beat the functionality, so that's what you are paying for I guess!

5 jaar geleden

Hi Anne, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear about the features you like using and we really appreciate your positive feedback. I'm also pleased to say that we are currently working on improving our exporting data feature, which will be released very soon. Thanks again for using FreeAgent, we really appreciate it! All the best, The FreeAgent Team

Lola
Creative Director in VK
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Easy To Use Cloud Accounting Software

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Nice and easy to use, makes dreaded bookkeeping a breeze. Highly recommend for small businesses or sole traders - it would save you a lot of accountancy fee.

Having switched from Xero, which I used for a decade, I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to use FreeAgent. I would say the user interface and functionality are more intuitive than Xero. The best thing is, the software is free if you have a business account with NatWest or Mettle.

It isn't able to split the actual income and fees when reconciling Stripe transactions. I use the DoubleAgent plug-in as a workaround.

Accountant in VK
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

Painful to use, Clunky and not great

1,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Using the software was very awkward and restrictive. I lost confidence in it very early on.
My experience has been years of utter frustration.
Regular promises of fixes and upgrades never materialised over the last 3 years and despite sticking with it, and getting the software for free, I ended up having to opt for better software.
Customer services are quick to respond but they tend to misinterpret your issue. Their idea of helping is sending you a link to a long drawn out document that frustrates you even more than the original issue. Most of the issues can't be resolved by sympathetic customer support reps because they are hard-coded into the software as basic incapabilities.

It's a Scottish company, albeit taken over by an anti-Scottish UK bank. Customer services are relatively quick to respond but don't often understand or resolve your issue. They do send you a Monday motivator which is useful. It's now free if you bank with RBS/Nat West, but I'd rather not bank with either and even at £0 it's not worth it. I'd rather pay for a decent software and save the cost of hours of inefficiency and extra accountancy fees later.

It is very clunky and awkward to use. It is very expensive for what it is and definitely not even worth using for free. Several essential basic functions are missing and it is very restrictive/prescriptive forcing you to work their way or not at all. Customer services regularly have to fudge "workarounds" to fill the gaps in FreeAgent's basic functionality and often these "workarounds" make more mess than doing nothing, leaving you with more to pay your accountant to fix it. FreeAgent does several things in very unusual ways and then doesn't allow you to fix them. Payroll does post journals into your ledgers but even the best accountants can't make any sense of them. This software tries to be all things to small businesses giving tools that quite frankly are dangerous to unqualified accountants. It allows you to do your own VAT, Corporation Tax and Self Assessment wrongly, without any tax planning advice which could cost you tens of thousands of pounds in VAT/tax that isn't due, not to mention HMRC penalties etc. I know of several clients who have overpaid an absolute fortune and had seriously damaging run-ins with HMRC as a direct result of trying to DIY using this software. Buyer BEWARE!!!

4 jaar geleden

Hi there, We¿re really sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and frustrations. If there's anything we can do to help improve your experience, or any additional feedback you'd like to share with us, please contact us at @[email protected] Warm regards, The FreeAgent Team

Caleb
Managing Director in VK
Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme, 2-10 werknemers

Accounting Simple & Affordable

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Great experience, would definitely recommend to small businesses and freelancers!

It's very user friendly. It's great for freelancers or small businesses that do a lot of their own bookkeeping and accounting. It simplifies things in a way to make it easy.

The simplified software is great for basic transactions, but sometimes it would be better to have more customisation. There are fixed categories of expenses, so you can't create a custom one.

Facilitaire diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Highly recommended

5,0 3 jaar geleden

I got access to this software FREE of charge through banking with RBS. Having previously used Xero for our book-keeping, I found it had the same great functionality but a much slicker design. It's simplicity and ease of use is the best thing going for it.

Had some issues at the beginning with connecting our bank feeds but this was sorted out quickly by the team at FreeAgent - can't think of any real faults with the software.

Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

FreeAgent - Free if you use some bank accounts

4,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Great customer service on the queries I've raised.

Free for users of certain banks and they get access to it all not just some features.

That the bank options when reconcilling aren't very flexible or obvious as to which category.

Bookkeeper in VK
Financiële dienstverlening, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Invaluable software

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Very nervous at the start but great account manager and patient support team have been a massive help

Easy to use. Easy to find what I want. Brilliant support

There must be a downside but thankfully I have not found it yet

Emanuele
Emanuele
Consultant in VK
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Overall

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Overall experience is good. It allows to better organised both my bookeeping but as well my employee work due to its usability. Love as well the API integration that allow me to create custom analysis.

Too much focus on UK client. We are an Italian company and some of the functionality available for UK are really complex to achieve for us and required workaround. Billing only in 1 currency is crazy, why do you have invoice in multiple currency but billing cannot be done? It should be a simple addition to make but it has been year that people asked for this and still not implementation. Country specific payroll. Although I am aware it will be impossible to enable payroll for every country out of the box why don't allow customer to customized the payroll functionality to meet payroll requirements or add important deadline for taxing purpose. Even the export functionality can be improve and should be added to every areas from timesheet to bill, from invoice to expense with filter that allow you to specify the data you want to export. VAT calculation for Intrastat - due to the internationalisation of business should be easier to export only bill and invoice that are related to country outside your normal business area. What about language package? Again if not possibile provide an LDK that allow client to customize the interface.

Founder in VK
Entertainment, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Will Look After You Through the Months

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

The software is easy to use, and once you understand it very powerful. It makes submitting your tax return very, very easy. I like how it can take you from being self-employed to being a LTD company. The way that it recognises some transactions and automatically categories them is great too.

There are two things I don't like about the software. There isn't an easy way to record simplified expenses. You have to add them manually, which isn't ideal for how it should work. The second is that if someone pays by card, it doesn't carry all the info from FreeAgent to Stripe. For example, email address so they get a card receipt instantly.

Ben
Creative Director in VK
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Convenient accounting software

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

The deal they have with banking corporations enables you to access their service free of charge and provide great ways to link services and provide an accurate representation of profits and loss.

Its not Simple enough for beginners, but it take time to learn that's why they say it's helpful to have an accountant but other than that there's nothing negative to say

Richard
The Boss in VK
Bron: GetApp

Great for small business that want their weekend back

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've gone from from a struggle one man band that worked all day and did the paperwork each evening, to having time to spend with the family, and being able to see what I ned to pay to HMRC and when, and I can now see that sending out my invoices in good time, means that the customers are paying me, so the stress levels have gone down so much.

I no longer have to nominate which computer is the one that the accounts is on. I can open a web browser on the PC in my home office and enter my hours, mileage, upload photos of receipts, automatially let it reconcile the bank and credit card statements, and let it get on with doing the calcuations. I no longer have to set aside a weekend each month for doing invoices and expenses. or the last weekend of each quarter for doing the VAT return or various days of the last month of each financial year for doing the annual return.

Now that the company has made enough money to be able to purchase three cars, it would be nice if the mileage drop down had options for company owned vehicles and the AFR mileage rates, but it only has AMAP rates for personally owned bike, motorcycle or car.

Steph
Sole trader in VK
Sport, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Early review

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Better than Quickbooks in terms of reconciling bank account, and bringing the feed in reliably, but this assumption against large numbers of individual customers is a deal breaker.

Reconciles some invoice payments that only need approval, an improvement on Quickbooks.

Very clunky for adding customers for invoicing. If you have lots of "retail" customers as I do, and send invoices to large numbers of customers, setting them up is a pain, the system seems to assume that you have a small number of commercial customers with multiple contacts at those companies. When making a new invoice you have to go through an alphabetical list of companies, you can't search, and for ease I made that entry an email address. This now means that of course not all people have an email address that is clearly them/their name. Irritating and enough to make me look elsewhere.

Rouska
Design en ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Essential tool for managing finance

5,0 5 jaar geleden

* Auto integration with banking API feeds * Intelligent learning for your regular banking transactions * Templates for sending invoices etc * VAT & SA form integration with HMRC

* Slightly clunky UI for viewing recent expenses * Inability to remove user's who have left the business

5 jaar geleden

Hi Rouska, Thank you for the positive review of FreeAgent. It was great to hear about all of the features that are most valuable to you. We appreciate the additional feedback too and have passed it along to our Product Team. All the best, The FreeAgent Team

Toby

Simple Accounting for UK Businesses

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a business owner with minimal accounting experience I was introduced to FreeAgent about three years ago. It has transformed our business from cumbersome spreadsheet accounts and Word invoices to a really convenient and efficient system.

Automated invoicing and accounts overview that highlight things before they become an issue. Fantastic UK based support team.

A little more expensive than some of the competitors.

Zara
Zara
Director in Dominicaanse Republiek
Machine- en installatiebouw, 2-10 werknemers

Keeping Track Of My Finances

5,0 4 jaar geleden

It is really easy to use and the data is displayed in a useful format

The one downside is that it doesn't pull in the USD transactions from Paypal and this has to be done manually.

Dimitrios
Dimitrios
VK
Bron: GetApp

Essential for sole trader's accounting

5,0 5 jaar geleden

One of the things that scared me about going freelance, was the accounting and book-keeping part this entails. After researching similar web-based solutions, I decided upon subscribing to Freeagent. I wouldn't be able to run my business without it. Everything I need, from invoicing and clients database, to expense filing and completing my self-assessment is there, easy to use and access. When I needed some help or clarifications about something, the staff were prompt and eager to help me and made sure my issues were resolved in any case. Highly recommended software & service!

I find that the mobile app has limited functionality compared to the desktop site. I would like the same level of editability when it comes to the handling of bank transactions, as I have via my internet browser.

Software Quality Assurance Tester in VK
Computersoftware, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: GetApp

Simple, may to use and already used by out acceptant

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Simple, lightweight and just does exactly what you require from a accounting tool. Interface is easy to navigate and there is a very low learning curve. I would recommend this tool to small businesses / freelancers.

Doesn't integrate with newer online style bank accounts for automated feeds at all. (e.g. transfer wise bank accounts) . Sometimes doesn't recognise recurring bank transactions meaning it takes longer to explain

Internet, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Keeps me informed and saves time and money

5,0 5 jaar geleden

It allows me to keep on top of the financial position of my company allowing me to make decisions with up to date knowledge. Compared to my peers who don't use the software I am saving time and money doing my accounting.

The mobile app is not as feature rich and some of the functionality that it does have does not share the same options as the web version e.g. split transactions

VK

Brilliant

5,0 5 jaar geleden

I love free agent. It makes invoicing, book keeping and automating reminders very easy. It's also very easy to modify your invoice designs. Customer support has always been good on the few occasions I've needed them.

I'd like to be able to do reports on a monthly basis rather than the preset options. Little bit more expensive than it's rivals.

BEN
BEN
Co-Founder | Creator of Partnerships in VK
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

High quality accounting with unparalleled ease.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Ease of set-up Complete flexibility Integrates with my banking transactions automatically (Barclays) Automated explanations, and complete the rest on my iPhone app - on train, in bed etc! Superb reports fit for any accountant, better than many! Invoices look amazing and the automatic chasing / thanking clients for payment is a delight Self assessments completed in a doddle - and for free as part of our subscription.

Jahiezer
Desarrollador in Venezuela
Bron: GetApp

one of the best to accounting software in the market

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Functional and a UI really nice design. Good pricing, it's one of the best investment for a freelancer who have some time working. This app really help me in may freelance career

some times it's difficult to go into some tools. you cant import all the info you want to into this app. No have a computer app, you must have to go into the navigator or your cell phone

Mexico
Bron: GetApp

Very convenient and easy to use/implement

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Ease to use, easy to input data and access to overview info. quote feature is SO convenient. Gives you the professional looks we wanted to transmit to our customers. Convenient database to keep track on projects

Reports adjustments and correcting info is a bit complicated. You gotta go around several times in order to have the chance to modify data that was missplaced.

Steve
Steve
Griekenland

No longer fully trust Freeagent

2,0 5 jaar geleden

It's useful to be able to see the state of my business finances at a glance and it's great to be able to send professional invoices - but it's a lot of money for an invoice template.

I no longer fully trust Freeagent, especially around banking, after I spotted that not all transactions are not being imported. When I raised it with customer services they basically just agreed that no, not all transactions are being imported, but couldn't give me a reason why or suggest how they would fix this, just said that I should check all transactions manually. What's the point of having an import feature if you then have to repeat everything manually? Meant I had to spend hours checking transactions and VAT returns to pick up transactions that Freeagent had missed. I certainly would no longer trust it with my tax return, so I have to employ an accountant as well. Also, when recognising transactions, Freeagent seems unable to recognise transfers between accounts, meaning they all have to be approved manually, despite the fact they happen time after time.

suresh
Project Manager in India
Burgerlijke en maatschappelijke organisatie, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

best cloud based accounting tools

4,0 4 jaar geleden

For better accounting, this tool is very helpful in the small business. Since it is cloud based we can access from anywhere. API extension is helpful

Few options are not user-friendly. Some options are limited for large business users. No other major cons in this tool.

Eric
Eric
Digial marketing in VK
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Great Accounting software software

5,0 6 maanden geleden

A great product which is very easy to use. I like the fact that it learns from previous accounting entry explanations to offer good suggestions.

I wish I could use it with more than one business to lower the cost of paying twice.