Bluebeam Revu reviews

Over Bluebeam Revu

Bluebeam Revu introduceert veelgevraagde nieuwe functies en verbeteringen voor het automatiseren en versnellen van kritieke werkprocessen.

Meer informatie over Bluebeam Revu

I like all the features and the integration capabilities. Bluebeam integrates with many other softwares which makes it a one-stop-shop to maximize its utility.

Printing from it seams to be a problem for our field manager sometimes.

Beoordelingen van Bluebeam Revu

Waar voor je geld

Bluebeam Revu heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 906 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Bluebeam Revu eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (906)

Jonathan
Jonathan
Designer
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers

You need to ditch Acrobat if you're in the AEC business

4,0 6 maanden geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Roel
calculator in Nederland
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers

goed hulpprogramma voor calculatie werkzaamheden

4,0 4 maanden geleden

bluebeam biedt goede ondersteuning voor onze calculaties. met bluebeam kun je makkelijk hoeveelheden uit tekeningen halen, zaken opslaan en zodoende voor derden inzichtelijk maken wat je waar gerekend hebt

soms moet de schaal van tekeningen opnieuw ingesteld worden.

Calculator in Nederland
Bouwmaterialen, 201-500 werknemers

Bluebeam hulpmiddel voor calculeren

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Hoeveelheden bepalen vanaf pdf-tekeningen. Het is ook mogelijk om PDF's te bewerken. Daarnaast kan je pdf's exporteren naar word/excel/... bestanden.

Jammer genoeg nog geen koppeling met het calculatieprogramma (IBIS-Trad).

Joris
Calculator in Nederland
Bouw, 201-500 werknemers

Bluebeam meten is weten vanaf elke pdf

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Het werk best lekker en de resultaten van wat ik ermee produceer zijn goed werkbaar.

Je kan makkelijk overzichten maken waar je wat hebt gecalculeerd.

De overzichtelijkheid van de functies kan duidelijker.

Gregg
Gregg
President/CEO in VS

Move Over Adobe, Bluebeam is Better

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A great alternative to Adobe…much more user friendly and affordable.

Bluebeam has better features and is easier to use than Adobe. The cost is much less when you consider payments are not indefinite.

Nothing bad to report. Bluebeam is far superior to Adobe. So far we have not found any flaws in the software.

Constantine
Technical Director in Griekenland
Maritiem, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

A Comprehensive Software Solution For Digital Document Management

5,0 6 dagen geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I've been using Bluebeam Revu for a few months now and I'm very happy with the experience it provides. It's an excellent tool for creating, editing and collaborating on digital documents, and I can easily share them with my colleagues. The user interface is intuitive and user-friendly, and I can access the documents from anywhere. The only downside I've noticed is that it can be a bit slow when working with large documents. But overall, it's a great tool and I would highly recommend it.

I've been using Bluebeam Revu for a few months now and I'm really impressed with the comprehensive software suite it provides. It's a great tool for creating, editing and collaborating on digital documents, and I love the fact that I can easily share them with my colleagues. The user interface is intuitive and user-friendly, and I can access the documents from anywhere. I highly recommend this software to anyone who needs a powerful and reliable digital document management solution.

The only downside I've noticed with Bluebeam Revu is that it can be a bit slow when working with large documents. I also find it a bit difficult to navigate the menus and find the right tools when I'm in a hurry. But overall, the experience has been pretty good.

Joshua
Joshua
Project Manager in VS
Architectuur en planning, 11-50 werknemers

Untrustworthy Developer - Dropped the ball

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Brings a lot of features and functionality missing from Acrobat. To my knowledge, no other PDF software is geared towards the A+E market. I wish there was another one out there so that these guys didn't have a monopoly on the market. It has given them a sense of invincibility that has led to stagnation and a lack of genuine support for their customers.

I've been using Revu for about 8 years, 5 of those on Windows. The last 3 are at my most recent job, and when I found out that Bluebeam had created a Revu for Mac, I was quick to push our company to adopt. I even gave a lunchtime presentation to show everyone some of the really powerful features I had come to know and love from the windows side. Playing with the trial version of 1.0, though, I quickly realized that a ton of features were absent from the windows version. I went ahead and gave the presentation anyway, though and with some convincing, we bought seats for everyone. It became clear within the first week of using the software, though, that it was incredibly slow. So slow as to be unusable. It took several seconds to render every page... considering that we regularly deal with 100+ page architectural sets, this made the program worthless in a lot of cases. What's more we really felt the lack of some features from the windows side, many of which were so basic that it's laughable that Bluebeam decided not to invest in them. You can't crop pdfs for instance. Anyway, when bluebeam for mac 2.0 came out, we bought in thinking that we'd be getting all of the features that we were missing along with performance improvements. Turns out they decided to revamp the UI with almost 0 feature inclusions. The performance of page rendering was significantly improved, which was helpful, although page thumbnails now no longer load.

Jarmo
Coordination Design in Global Project in Finland
Scheepsbouw, 201-500 werknemers

Powerful PDF Solution: Bluebeam Revu

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I am very pleased with my experience using Bluebeam Revu. It is a powerful and comprehensive PDF solution that has enabled me to quickly complete projects from anywhere. While the cost may be a bit high, I think the features and the ease of use make up for the price. I would definitely recommend Bluebeam Revu to anyone looking for a reliable PDF solution.

Bluebeam Revu is an incredibly powerful and comprehensive PDF solution. It provides a wide range of features that enable users to create and edit PDF documents, collaborate with others, and work on projects from anywhere. I have been using it for years, and I find it incredibly easy to use and navigate. The tools are intuitive and the results are always accurate. I love how I can quickly generate reports, add annotations, and mark up documents in a matter of seconds. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience using Bluebeam Revu.

The biggest downside to using Bluebeam Revu is the cost. It can be quite expensive compared to other options, especially if you want to get the more advanced features. Additionally, the program can be quite complex to use, so if you are not familiar with how to use this type of software, it can be a bit overwhelming.

Lap
Lap
project Manager in VS
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

Blue beam review

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: It is my preferred PDF editor and I constantly use it to make edits

It is very user friendly and very intuitive. The dashboards are set up similar to acad and I can draw pretty well. The editing features are also top notch.

It is a bit pricey for a PDF editor. You can get adobe versions much cheaper and while it maybe less functional, the adobe programs do work ok.

Macon
Civil Engineering Intern in VS
Civiele techniek, 2-10 werknemers

Easy to get into, does most everything I've needed it to

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall very happy with it. I plan to use Bluebeam for the foreseeable future and have no significant complaints.

Going through and drafting reports is a very clean process and with practice, it can be extremely efficient and streamlined. I've mainly used Bluebeam for basic drafting, and all of the construction details I've had to mock up have been easy to create. I moved over from Autocad and the switch was pretty easy to make as Bluebeam has been pretty intuitive for me. My laptop also appears to run Bluebeam better than Autocad, but that could be somewhat subjective.

There isn't as much of a support network (reviews, forum based support/troubleshooting) around Bluebeam like there is Autocad, but the userbase for Autocad is much larger, so some discrepancy is to be expected.

Andrew
Principal Architect in VS
Architectuur en planning, 2-10 werknemers

Expensive but worth it

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Its the best product in the business for the category it serves. I think much like Autodesk, Bluebeam hates is customers. It is a difficult company to do business with from deployment on down through support. Even with that said, I can't imagine trying to work without it. What are you going to do?

This software handles any and all PDF tasks for us. It also can be used for photo/file manipulation. The collaboration feature allows for real time multi-user edits which has proven useful for remote workers

I dislike the fact that the software is now only offered as a subscription purchase. We have historically bought standalone licenses. We would get 2-4 years out of the license before bluebeam quit supporting it or required us to upgrade. Now we spend even more money for each seat and we get to pay it every year. I guess they took a page out of the Autodesk playbook.

Senior Quantity Surveyor in Jordanië
Bouw, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

A flexible PDF file editor that helps us estimate , analyze and mange construction projects.

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Bids that we are currently pricing are received from clients in the form of PDF files and contain many fees that are not clear in scale; however, with the help of Bluebeam tools, we were able to establish measurements for them, calculate areas, and issue tables of quantities accurately, greatly simplifying the pricing procedures for projects.

Bluebeam is one of the best PDF management programs, particularly in the realm of construction projects, as it allows us to highlight the details of plans and allocate measurements accurately, allowing us to take measurements directly and also calculate areas and sizes directly from PDF files, even if it is a manual drawing. The ability to alter texts is fantastic, and I also enjoy that new elements, symbols, and even pagination can be added with relative ease. It's simple to add a digital signature, which is useful for keeping tabs on who approved and received credit for files that were shared across teams.

Once you get past the initial learning curve, using Bluebeam is simple, but the high annual subscription costs mean that we can't afford to include all of our members.

Robyn
Estimator in VS

Bluebeam Revu

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I enjoy using the software, I like how customizable it is. There are a few features I hope the add, but overall is is my favorite take off software I have used.

I like the ease of use. I find the software easy to use and like that I can write my own formulas for calculations based off different scopes of work and they can be edited per job. It is currenly my most used take off software

I do not like that there isnt a setting for taking off foundation rebar, but we were able to write a formula/column into the program and it works well for what we need.

bim in India
Civiele techniek, 51-200 werknemers

best for document management

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Bluebeam Revu works as the best plugin inside Microsoft Office’s Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint applications. also best for AutoCAD program, pdf editor.we can easily access client pdf files These are easy to mark up.

No more thing but some of By default editing is locked until you select 'Markup Mode' .sometimes its clashes suddenly.lots of commands so its takes a lot of time to understand.

Paul
Assistant Project Manager in VS
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Should not be an Option - Should be Mandatory

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I can't imagine doing my job without access to Bluebeam. I use it that much. For that many different things.

Bluebeam is so versatile. I can create and/or modify all my RFI's, shop drawings, and detail clarifications from various professional sources - all in one package. I'm surprised at how often I find new ways to make use of the standard tools included with the software.

Bluebeam does have some issues reading some fonts. Not sure what the deal is, but some pdfs show up looking like a crude binary system.

Susan
Certified Professional Estimator in VS
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers

Bluebeam Revu is the best product on the market

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Its more than a PDF viewer or an annotation tool. I can do takeoff any project efficiently for estimates with all the assorted program tools. It is the best platform for Constructability Reviews through studio sessions that allows all team players to collaborate with each other to avoid conflict between each engineering discipline.

It's the best software that allows simplicity for any type of project involving engineering drawings, estimating or constructability reviews whether going solo or as a team in Studio Sessions.

I have been using Bluebeam for over 15 years and had never an issue that couldn't be resolved. The support personnel can make magic happen within seconds to solve any problem.

James
Telecommunications Project Manager in VS

Overwogen alternatieven:

Must have software for engineering companies

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We use Bluebeam on a daily basis for the organization of drawing sets and reports. Bluebeam makes it possible to collaborate on project review with local and remote personnel. Bluebeam makes it possible to help reduce paper waste and to maintain project records for quality controls.

The robust features of Bluebeam make this essential software for engineering companies. Mark up and organize drawings, compare versions of documents, OCR capabilities, and online collaboration are just some of the many features.

Sometimes the icons are not as intuitive to me as they should be. Would be nice if Bluebeam would incorporate the Ribbon format that many other programs use.

Danielle
Commercial Coordinator in VS

I can't live without Bluebeam

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I honestly love Blue beam I was only using Adobe about 5 1/2 years ago and my supervisor made me start using Bluebeam and told me you will learn to love and not be able to use anything else, well he was right.

I love being able to mark up documents, measure them, sign them all in once place. I use bluebeam every hour of the day and it makes my job easier.

I don't like when their are updates that are taking place and it causes me to not be able to use some functions or certain features stop working correctly due to the update needed.

Dani
Project Coordinator in
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Far superior than Adobe for construction

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: First, let me start by saying I have the Extreme version and create forms and use the JavaScript features frequently. I switched to Revu because Adobe wasn't giving me what I needed and that was software that could automate many of the tasks I was performing at the time. For example, to process one submittal, I had to combine the pages from one file with the submittal cover page, stamp it, add the date and signature of the person approving the submittal, flatten the markups so no one could edit them, and then save them on a network drive. With Revu I was able to click one icon and do all that from inserting the page, stamping/flattening, and prompting me to save on the network. It saved me so much time! I was able to create custom stamps for all our coordinators to use.

Suited for construction work, not just documents. It lets me do so much so easily. I can overlay drawings and find where things have changed. This works for contracts too. I can overlay the pages and see if the sub revised the document at all. I can easily markup drawings without any CAD experience needed. I can create forms from PDFs.

It takes a little while to learn the program because many icons are unfamiliar at first. And because it can do so much, there are so many icons. But I was able to customize my layout so it narrowed down my available icons to just the ones I use regularly. It's only a con for the first month of learning the program. Same for creating forms. As you start to work with it, you learn the tricks to making them easily, but at first it can be difficult. Most of the functions are similar to Adobe, but the one that I had to get used to was copying pages from one document to another. I used to open two separate Adobe windows and then click and drag pages from one into another. Revu only has one thumbnail view pane available at a time, so I had to modify my steps by copy and pasting pages from one document into another.

Director of Project Management in
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Bluebeam Revu is to construction professionals what Excel is to finacial professionals

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: More than any other software package, Bluebeam is by far the most valuable to me in my daily work. Thanks Bluebeam!

I have been using BB Revu PDF software since 2010, when I switched from Adobe Professional. Revu is designed for construction personnel. I use it for reviewing documents and drawings, marking up, sketching, quantity take off, illustrating, presentations, flowchart and Org Chart creations - just almost everything. I convert word documents to PDF for reviewing. I add bookmarks as way-finder through large documents such as Specifications, Reports and Specifications etc. For drawing reviews or study, I compile large packs of PDF drawings into single PDF with drawing numbers visible under Bookmarks. With Revu you can have 2 (or more)drawings opened on your screen, from within the combined pack or separate files, for comparing eg Elevations and Sections or plans or details. Sometimes I use the auto compare feature in comparing updated drawing with an older version where the differences will be highlighted. The Search feature is extremely useful and I use it a lot in finding references in Specifications Codes and Reports etc. The Spaces feature is really good and impresses hugely when included within presentations. Signature feature also excellent. I use the Add Ins for Outlook, Word, Excel and CAD regularly. I find the Help Section and Bluebeam University incredible. The Developers really put themselves in the place of the "normal" user and provide excellent vide demos of all the features.

File sizes generated in marking up and sketching tend to be quite large. There are ways to reduce the file size but they do not work all the time - sometimes they increase the size.I have tried a few times to engage design consultants in the use of the Studio feature for real-time online collaboration without success. This is however is not the fault of the Studio feature - its just that the designers did not have the software.

Joey
Staff Engineer in VS

Excellent PDF mark-up software with time-saving features and intuitive UI. Easy to use and learn.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

There are several features that make this software very useful in engineering and project management. When marking-up PDF drawings or diagrams, the ability scale dimensions and measurements within the software is valuable. Many of the features included with the software are familiar to other software commonly used in the industry, and required no special training to use. I jumped right into using Bluebeam without any training or research, the user interface is that intuitive. Combining, converting, extracting, e-signing, and marking up PDF files has become a simple task which saves a tremendous amount of time. The feature to "lock" or "unlock" amendments to documents with the "flatten" feature is a nice touch.

Sometimes when converting MS Word docs to PDF using Bluebeam creates anomalies or unwanted formatting changes in the converted/output PDF file. This can be irksome for large documents, as QC of hundreds of pages to ensure document was converted to PDF accurately is sometimes necessary. Usually this only occurs with MS Word docs that use MS features that are not commonly used in document formatting or content. Regardless, peace of mind and confidence in formatting conversion would be nice to have, though this issue is also common to other similar software suites.

christian
christian
Project Engineer in VS
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers

Bluebeam is an easy to use PDF viewer with tons of features that make it an all around awesome tool

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have found that Bluebeam can do so many things that I almost don't need to use other software. Previously i used a whole slew of programs to complete various tasks similar to what I mention above but with Bluebeam I have discovered that many of these tasks can be completed in Bluebeam eliminating the need to switch between other software as well as saving costs for software that becomes redundant when weighing the uses of Bluebeam.

I love how versatile this software is I use it daily for almost everything that I do as a project engineer. I use it for creating RFI, reviewing submittals, rough take-offs, viewing and marking up drawings, and much more. For each of these tasks Bluebeam has tools that make the process easy, quick and accurate.

I have a hard time finding things that I don't like about Bluebeam, one thing that I have found difficult with Bluebeam is while it has many tools and options it is to the point where it is almost too many tools and options. I have been using the software for close to three years now ona daily basis and I still am learning about the tools and how best to use them. The basic principals and working of Bluebeam is still quite simple but getting into their advanced tools and uses does take an investment of time and practice.

Ana
Architectural designer in VS
Architectuur en planning, 201-500 werknemers

Easy document based collaboration

5,0 11 maanden geleden

This is an easy to use cloud based document storage that is accessible live by team members to mark up with a robust tool chest. Any type of document management, from idea brainstorming to architectural drawing set review, is easy to do in this program. It is also easy to track others’ or your own mark ups in the document, and set a status to the mark ups like completed or incomplete or in need of discussion. You can also alert a team member to a mark. The bluebeam session feature of revu is simple yet powerful. The bluebeam project feature is similar but is based on the idea of each sheet of a document being easy to check in or out by a team member, and mark up or replace back into the larger document.

I wish there was an easier way to swap out a document or sheet without losing the comments and their properties. I also wish there was a homepage feature for a project that teams could add milestone information, weekly or monthly tasks, and sort your notifications by priority that are within the bluebeam session.

Michael S.
Mechanical Engineer in VS
Machine- en installatiebouw, 201-500 werknemers

PDF Viewer For Engineering

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall my experience has been very good. This software basically adds a lot of technical components for PDFs. For example, if you want to sign off on documents, or stamp them with approvals, you can do that easily through Bluebeam.

The number of functions and versatility of Bluebeam is very good. For my engineering job, Bluebeam is a godsend to be able to mark up documents, sign drawings, flatten documents, import/export other files, etc, etc, etc. I used to use Adobe, but functionality-wise, it is no comparison. If you are going to be working with a lot of PDF's and need technical functions, I think Bluebeam is the way to go.

I just switched to Bluebeam 2018 from 2016 and there seems to be some bugs. It crashed on me today which it never crashed on me in 2016. I'm hoping an updated can get 2018 working as smoothly as 2016. Besides that, the only thing that I didn't like is that just like with other complex softwares, there are so many functions that it is easy for one to feel overwhelmed by the software. There is a learning curve but after repeated use you can't go back.

Alan
VS
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Niet verstrekt

The software I never knew I needed

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm speaking of Revu primarily from a project engineer perspective, working with multi-discipline teams located across the country. Anytime we used to receive a submittal or RFI that requires multi-discipline coordination, you could guarantee that it would be weeks before it was returned. The typical workflow was that only one person had the file at a time, a check-out/check-in kind of system. It would work its way down the chain until all disciplines had a chance to review. For example, an elevator submittal would have to go through Arch to ensure finishes/layout, structural to approve supports and angles, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection for power, machinery, equipment, and sprinklers. By the time each person had a moment to review the submittal, a month could have easily gone by. Then came Bluebeam Revu. All of a sudden I had the ability to create these studio sessions...what a godsend. In an industry where lead times are everything, getting submittal/RFIs back quickly is of paramount importance. So we created accounts for all of our team members and now anytime I receive a submittal that requires multi-discipline coordination, I create a Bluebeam Session with the file uploaded to it. I add all the team members that need to review it to the session and sit back and watch the show. We typically schedule a 1-hour review block where all team members hop onto the session and a conference call and we all review the file CONCURRENTLY. The beauty of Bluebeam software is all the included tools for markups and dimensioning which come absolutely FREE in the "reader" version Bluebeam Vu. So while I pay for my Revu license, all my team members get to access the studio session from a reader they can install for free on their personal computers at home.
All markups are tracked by Bluebeam and an ID is attached to each markup so that I can identify who wrote what. It's amazing software. What used to take weeks of being stuck in the pipeline, now gets turned around in a day or two.
In addition to sessions, I also take advantage of creating sets for my design team and keep track of all revisions using Bluebeam Revu's smart tagging and revision tracking. Add to that Bluebeam's integration with software like ProjectWise, Outlook, and all Autodesk software, and you've got a serious workhorse on your hands.
Revu is more than a simple PDF editor, it is an invaluable tool in the design-construction world. It

Angelo
Estimating Manager in Canada
Bouw, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Solution for all levels of users

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Bluebeam is the best PDF software that I have used, it's easy to do basic functions like merge, cut, reduce file size etc. and also has additional functions such as measurement and markups for drawings which we use a lot of in construction.

Easy to use basic features, lots of extras that may or may not be required. Customizable options boxes and layouts are a nice feature.

Took a while to customize layout, which options to show/hide. There are a lot of tools (not a bad thing, but overwhelming at first)