Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Asana

Asana is de manier om werk op grote schaal te organiseren en te beheren. Bekijk waarom Asana een toppresteerder is op Capterra.

Meer informatie over Asana

Furthermore, Asana's extremely adjustable and attractive GUI makes interacting with it a lot more enjoyable. It was well worth the money.

When you set up a new account, you naturally are opted in to the email notifications, which can be really annoying and a pain to remove. My only suggestion to the Asana team would be to change that.

Beoordelingen van Asana

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Asana heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 12.399 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Asana eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (12.397)

Jakob
Jakob
International Development Manager
Sport, 11-50 werknemers

Great for Marketing and Design Teams - Others not so much

4,0 3 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Ronald
Ronald
Content Manager in Honduras
Marketing en reclame, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

The tool you knew you needed

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Asana has helped us to improve processes and communications. With the team clearly seeing where they're getting involved and also being notified of when they must jump in, productivity has increased. We can clearly track projects, small or large, and leave notes and questions whenever it's needed. Our corporation decided to stop using other tools and switch to Asana. The first steps were a bit rough but in a week everybody started to share the things they were learning and 2 weeks later everybody was used to it. With every chance we have we use it for more complex tasks and projects, and so far we are really thankful for the change. I must say that if we were a small company we probably wouldn't need all the flexibility Asana offers. Some of the competitors are more than enough for a small portion of the cost. But if your team is big enough and projects are very complex and frequent, Asana is the right tool for you to simplify it all as you always dreamed of.

I'm in love with its ability to easily track and manage projects that have many actors and tasks/subtasks. It includes all you need, from timeline to unlimited file sharing. It can be as good as a replacement for long email threads. In here you can keep al focused in the individual parts. The fact that you can have sections, tasks and subtasks also allows you to divide a project into phases/areas/modules, have a responsible for each and they can individually plan their tasks and subtasks. This won't remove the possibility of adding dependencies between sections and areas. Instead, it will give you the freedom to plan ahead from top to bottom. Beautiful! You can always reference other people, tasks, etc. and whenever these get renamed, all the references will instantly update. It's absolutely flexible: if you close a task by accident you can undo it. Actually, you can undo everything! No risk of breaking the entire project with a missclick.

The only downside I can find so far is that it doesn't have a private message feature. It does have a Conversations section but these are visible to everybody. This represents a challenge in case some sensitive information must be shared or discussed. I'm not really sure if this is by design since visibility is a clear goal for Asana, but it's a feature that you will probably start searching for really quick. However, if you are using Asana or some other internal chat tool you'll be covered. The other "kind of" downside is that Asana is so vast an good that it can take a while to get all the basic tricks, but no doubt it's probably the best documented application I've used, so it's just a matter of a bit of patience and searching when you want to know how to do something. The team still shares tips from time to time of things they discover and it's been a great experience.

Emanuela
Emanuela
PM in Italië
Internationale zaken, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Asana is a great task management tool

4,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I was awarded a small but important project for my department, as it could bring significant benefit to the business in the future if managed in an optimally way.
Instead of relying on the many rounds of emails that are exchanged between project managers and other people involved, I decided to simply proceed to create a project on Asana Basic.
The first time I used It.
This allowed us to keep track of everything that matters, giving us an overview of where we are going.
Asana allowed us to monitor the workflows on our teams and see the progress of the work at any time, saving endless updating meetings. Time we all know how crucial it is.

- Asana's interface is extremely well designed, the best possible way for a fun and inviting user experience. I hope you enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed using it. - Asana is an excellent communication tool, it allows you to eliminate a lot of stress from disorganization in communicating with the team. Problems, requests for feedback, clarifications, questions, and suggestions, will all end up in the activities through the appropriate comment function. The only one allowed. - Trying Asana Basic, with a team of up to 15, for free, allowed me to work with three small teams, breaking down projects into manageable tasks and setting deadlines for completion. The ability to share documents between teams has also proved useful. -Asana Basic allowed us to download the app for iOS or Android devices to work and consult updates wherever we are, even offline. We like it.

1. It was not easy to set up a project at the beginning, the learning curve is tough. In Asana, projects are containers that allow you to create one or more tasks within them. This is the furthest away from a Project Manager's concept of a project. 2. I found that having to start over every time I created a project, even when it was repeatable, was like wasting time. 3. In the free plan, you cannot create private projects, meaning that the project is visible and editable by every member of the team. 4. Asana organizes all resources horizontally, flattening their hierarchy. There are no different roles, just people and tasks. 5. The management of risk situations and the consequent negotiation between the resources involved in the project is not envisaged. 6. This is a very serious shortcoming, especially for those who work remotely. It is not possible to assign an hourly or daily cost to resources that are part of the team.

Computersoftware, 51-200 werknemers

Asana Keep us on track and Organized

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Asana is a very user-friendly and helpful tool to manage your tasks. With Asana I can manage my tasks easily and assign them as well. It will help them to task the status as well Also, with Asana I can set task goals for my team members and track progress as well. For me, the highlighting feature of Asana is its notification alert. The support is very active, whenever I face any issue they are available to support me.

I recently started using Asana and it changed my working style. From managing my tasks in Notepad to providing an organizing platform, it's an amazing journey. Also, it is very easy to use and implement in day-to-day work. The level of support is also very helpful for this platform. I mostly use this every day.

Every platform has limitations in my opinion but to keep working on it for improvement is important. In Asana, storage and collaboration limitations are the problems that I face. For example, any task has only one assignee but if we are working in a team then this will be a problem. I am hoping this problem will be fixed soon for the customers.

Beeldende kunst, Zelfstandig ondernemer

exorbitant, confusing monthly prices, terrible customer service

2,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Asana monthly cost appeared reasonable, but increased (without warning or an indication it would do so) with added projects. When my first bill came through I assumed it was an annual invoice due to its amount. The next month, I contacted customer service right away, asking for a cancellation and refund for that month of service. The program refused a refund, and instead implemented a "2 month free trial," which means come January (today the second, one day after the holiday), I was charged AGAIN. Only now they have disabled their customer service email, and I had to communicate with a chat bot on their website. And again I am refused a refund. This kind of sneaky, swindling of money is not what I expected of a reputable company like Asana. Other project management aps are far better prices.

Task management, google calendar integration

exorbitant cost, confusing monthly prices, terrible customer service

Giovanni
Chief Executive producer in VS
Entertainment, 2-10 werknemers

Asana is the best software I have ever used in Project/work management field .

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: After years of using Asana, I can say that my experience with this software is generally positive, Simply it is an effective tool for managing tasks and projects.

1- Its user-friendly interface. 2- The ability to track project progress.

1-The high pricing/cost of full version. 2- Its lack of functions for recurrent tasks.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Zoho CRM

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen: With Asana I find more solutions for the different kind of problems that faced me through my job duties and this great software also helped me as a tool of "Saving Time" with a lot of smart features.

Overgestapt van: monday.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana: Asana is the best choice for managing the efforts and saving the time .

Atendi
IT Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Asana is Powerful Yet Affordable

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

With Asana, we have the best task management and project planning and tracking features. The software comes with some amazing ERP features It is ideal for workforce management and streamlines delivery hence increased productivity

It has been an a great experience with Asana considering what we have achieved with this software

Adedoyin
General Secretary in Nigeria
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 51-200 werknemers

Asana: PPM Tool with BIM capabilities

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

It is easy for me to track time and expense automatically on projects with Asana.

Has all what I yearn for while planning, tracking and managing projects.

Shyam
customer support executive in India
Consumentendiensten, 11-50 werknemers

My overall experience for Asana

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

It is easy to use with simple and intuitive user interface. You can create ticket for any bug within a couple and share it with the development team. It is collaboration focused allowing users to invite others, communicate and share tickets.

Time tracking feature is not available. It can be useful for measuring productivity and billing clients. It requires some experience to use effectively as it has many features.

Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

A complete tool for projects of any size

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Ease of use and variety of features that allow you to automate your workflows, processes, and connect boards with 3rd party apps such as Slack (for notifications)

Took some time to onboard and understand everything it offers

chloe
Marketer in VS
Verzekeringen, 11-50 werknemers

Bang for your buck

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

You get a lot in the free version of the product. My team is able to collaborate, manage and complete tasks efficiently.

Sometimes the notifications can be overwhelming when members are assigned to multiple projects

Grafisch ontwerp, 2-10 werknemers

Robust Project Management Software for Creative Agency

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Asana has allowed our business to become so much more streamlined, and we no longer worry about dropping balls or missing deadlines. We have been able to accomplish so much more work because of our organization within Asana.

Asana has been integral to our business in the last few years -- the platform allows for robust content / project management. We are a small design and web development agency, and we're finally able to track our projects from first inquiry to project close. Asana has been an amazing tool for keeping our processes efficient and transparent, and we've set up teams shared with some clients so that they too can be aware of our progress on their projects. We've also been doing all this using the free version -- we briefly tried a demo of the paid tier, but we found that for our small (and somewhat change-averse) team, the free version has virtually everything we need.

There are some elements of Asana that are surprisingly inflexible -- we'd love to have more color options to differentiate our projects and tags, rather than having to use the same 16 colors, for example. And the email notifications are not great -- they send more than is necessary, and they're not very customizable. Asana's customer support team is responsive, but all the requests we have appear to also have been in the request queue for years.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Jira en Trello

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen: We needed a more robust tool that would organize our work by client/project, allow us to have conversations and share feedback, and keep a clear trajectory of each project and which team member was accountable at any point in time.

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana: Asana felt more robust and better for a larger team than Trello. Jira felt more aligned with agile development, which is not the majority of our work.

Meredith
Production Manager in VS

Great Baseline Project Management Software

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, we've been very pleased with Asana for our agency. While working remotely during the pandemic, it's been an invaluable resource to make sure our team is all on the same page across clients and projects. Custom fields, statuses, and comments have kept us all connected and allowed us to continue work just as if we were in the office together.

I love Asana because of the easy to navigate interface, visual organization, and ability to create custom fields that allow my agency to get the most out of our project setups. The ability to perform advanced searches is invaluable to our team. We create reports based on those searches to allow us to better track progress on certain projects and initiatives.

One major pitfall of Asana is the "Template" feature. With their templates, you have to create an entirely new project within a team in order to use a template you've created, drag the tasks to an existing project, and delete the new project you just made. It's essentially rendered this feature more of a hassle than a help. We would love to have the ability to choose a template and insert it into an existing project with ease. Also, a simple task template would be helpful, so that for routine tasks you perform for different clients, you could go to templates, tasks, and apply just ONE task to an existing project.

Louis
Mr in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Empower a manager to take on larger teams and projects

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I could not run my business without ASANA. We develop software for a living. It is the SINGLE most important tool that we own. I would go back to coding in notepad. If it would allow us to keep ASANA.

Asana provides a solid interface that empowers me as a manager to manage more team members more efficiently. This software provides time-saving resources by allowing stakeholders to get their own project updates and track the project's progress without interrupting the team executing the project. It provides: - Many ways to plan and manage - A clear view of the task load on each team member - Time planning to keep projects on deadline

Asana provides so many ways of doing things that every person who sets up a project can do so in a unique way. This requires a clear organizational strategy from the start. The issue: - Multiple ways of achieving the same outcome - Confusion on how to work within different project structure approaches Important to note: These cons are primarily a result of poor onboarding. They are not the fault of the software or ASANA directly. My encouragement is for anyone implementing this project to plan and test projects with a very small number of team members. Only once the entire organization can be trained to create and manage projects according to your prescribed workflow should the software be opened up. You must engage with ASANA's guides early. As well as plan and provide training every employee to see the best ASANA experience.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Basecamp en monday.com

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen: Our previous software for project management had an extremely limited tool set.

Overgestapt van: Basecamp

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana: The freemium approach made it easy to try. Once we dove into it and built several projects. We saw success. It was a no-brainer to continue forward with the product. We onboarded everyone very quickly (too quickly) and saw immediate gains in productivity and morale. There is much satisfaction to be gained by checking of tasks and seeing how much you accomplished each week.

Diane
Technical Writer in VS
Verzekeringen, 201-500 werknemers

Asana Changed my Entire Approach to Work

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This software helped me keep my job. With numerous complex tasks and projects and rapidly changing priorities, follow-up tasks were slipping through the cracks. Once I started using Asana, I felt confident to take on the most complex projects and job duties without becoming overwhelmed.

It's easy to jump right in and start working with this, even while you are still learning the interface. It does take a little time to get to know the program so that you know how you want to organize your tasks and projects. I was using lists and spreadsheets to manage my projects previously and some aspects were slipping through the cracks. It allows for easy use by multiple team members without overlap or stepping on each others work. It has completely changed my ability to manage every detail of a project and has substantial flexibility to adapt it as you see fit. There are so many things I like about this software that it's hard to name just one thing that I like most.

I would like to be able to see the Project that a subtask is part of in the "My Tasks" view instead of that field being blank. It may be due to using the free version that this is not available. I also can't view the priorities in the "My Tasks" view, but I worked around that by creating "tags" with colored numbers, red 1, yellow 2, green 3, etc.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Smartsheet

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana: Our budget was tight, so Asana's long-term free option (as opposed to a short trial) put it over the top. It has the features we need to complete projects within our small team.

Mohammed Majeed
Field Manager in Ghana
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

don't be deceived by the extremely user friendly interface, it is beast when it comes to performance

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Having used multiple project management software on different projects with different teams, I have noticed that those on Asana usually have the least uptake times for new team members to get used to the software. Not only does that advantage reduce onboarding and training times, it also reduces the frequency of errors and ends up boosting productivity much more that what I have observed on other teams.

Navigating around the program is very simple and uncomplicated. This is usually my first consideration when I am learning to use any software, and with Asana it doesn't come any less uncomplicated than that. Another wonderful thing about Asana is the unending list of second and third party software it seamlessly integrates with. With this, there is often zero disruption of workflow systems for teams new to Asana.

The file formats available for exporting projects is not extensive enough; often requiring secondary conversion into other equally useful and common formats.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Nifty, Adobe Workfront en Smartsheet

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen: The project management team had a preference for Asana so I had to learn to use it when I moved unto that project

Overgestapt van: Trello

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana: They were decisions premade by the different project management teams for which they preferred amongst the approved options.

Penny
Communications & Events Coordinator in Canada
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Review for Asana

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I truly appreciate it. I have used it in my previous company and I also use it in my personal life. I tried to introduce it to my husband for work and our personal use, as well as my new job but people are finding it difficult to use. I believe in it and want to use it even more at work but without the other staff using it, I can only use it as a task list for myself - still satisfied with that though, I love it! Overall, Asana is a great tool for planning and organizing, I will always support it!

I really appreciate the tracking features, Asana has allowed me to stay on top of my work and responsibilities by way of some very supportive features. I like being able to create checklists and checking off tasks that have been completed. I like that I can use this to plan out future events and use it for brainstorming. I also like you can set reminders of tasks but still be able to edit them.

I wish I was able to assign multiple people to one task. Also, Asana is not super user-friendly to those that are not used to it. I learned about Asana through my previous job, I tried to implement it with my new coworkers but they are not comfortable using it as it was not as user-friendly for them. I would suggest providing how-to videos for users to follow as support isn't strong either.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Slack

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana: It was not my choice when I worked at a previous job but, now that I know its benefits, I still continue to use it at my new place of employment.

Nic
Freelance Consultant in Zuid-Afrika
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Bron: GetApp

Accuracy for teams!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Asana has helped me help my clients in increasing efficiency and establishing an understanding between multiple business areas.

Asana has a number of templates and various different ways to manage and execute projects of different natures. For example, I use and always suggest to my clients that they use a weekly meeting templates where the sections match the various business operations such as marketing, operations, accounts, warehouse, etc. This allows items for discussion to be addressed in the weekly meeting and then allocated to the projects and individuals for execution. It's great for collaborating and ensuring that everyone in a team nails their dealings.

I do find it a bit pricey for smaller businesses, especially when handling multiple clients/projects from a single account and each project needs to be private. It's too expensive for freelancers or small agencies.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Trello en monday.com

Redenen om over te stappen op Asana: I had previously worked in Asana so it was easy for me to grasp. I also need to train my clients how to use it so it is imperative that I have a thorough understanding of the products I implement for them.

Reactie Asana

4 jaar geleden

Hi Nic and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to know Asana has helped you and your clients to increase efficiency! We recently made some changes to our paid plans, and among other things, we've implemented a paid solution for teams of 2,3 and 4 people! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if this is something you'd be interested in. We're also available via our Community Forum if you have some questions or need any assistance!

Lindsay
Operations Administrator in VS
Mediaproductie, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

A Step Away From Being The Best

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have felt a huge and increasing need for something like Asana and couldn't find the right fit for a fair price. Asana has been the closest we've found to what we are looking for. We can add sub-contractors on individual projects and assign them tasks without having to pay an arm and a leg. This platform would be dynamite with a couple additional features and small changes, but regardless, it has still been of great benefit to us. It is simple enough (compared to complex tools like Bitrix24) but dynamic enough (compared to simple tools like Trello) to be our main work space hub. Because we are used to using free and unlimited tools (like Bitrix24 and Trello), we like that Asana is an affordable solution. We are grateful for all of the benefit it has added to our company!

Asana has been a huge asset to our company! It's is very easy to use, clean, organized, aesthetically engaging, and customizable enough to fit specific needs of unique organizations. To create a task list, you must create a new project, so we have a unique "project" for each employee, simply as a way of putting their personal to do list in Asana, instead of having a separate platform (like Wunderlist) for general tasks. Now all project tasks and general tasks can be viewed in one list in Asana. Asana works with our time tracking platform (Toggl) so employees don't have to shift between windows to track which project they are working on. The Timeline view was the biggest selling point for us, since the simple Trello-like project view is far too basic for the complexities of our many fast moving projects. Asana Timeline is simple enough that we don't waste valuable hours just getting the project timeline setup (templates is a life-saver), but we also don't waste time duplicating work, retracing steps, dividing tasks via email, etc. It keeps us organized and helps us communicate progress quickly.

Asana allows you to chat around any project, however, the notifications for new messages do not get your attention! You have to be in Asana or email no-stop to realize someone has written you. This makes the conversation/chat element near useless for us. We have to put our messages in Asana (so we can keep all project information in one place) but then notify the associated colleague in What's App that they have a pending and time sensitive message in Asana. This is frustrating! There are a handful of other elements that make this platform less than it could be. When you add a task with a due date and due time, you will not receive an overt chime or pop-up notification at the due time. Again, you must be constantly checking email or Asana... very inefficient with numerous projects going at once and for employees with lots of emails coming in throughout the day. Additionally, you cannot designate a default "assign to" person for a particular task/project list. These issues have been brought up by many Asana users and even after lots of time passing, there has not been real resolution to these frustrating elements.

Michelle
Michelle
Strategic Consultant in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Long time user

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've been using Asana for years- I think starting in 2010 or 11. I've used it so long that many of my accounts started as the free version and I've watched them slowly and effectively roll out added, useful, functionality without hassle or interruption. I've introduced over 10 nonprofit organizations to using Asana, and everyone has loved it.

Easy to learn, attractive and simple interfaces, easy to make it your daily home base. Great for both new and experienced computer users. I love that you can have task/project-related convos and attachments. This is excellent if you are like me and frequently need to show people where they made decisions in the past in an easy way. I love that events can be recurring on almost every pattern I've ever thought of. I use it for grants tracking, so I can assign out pieces to different team members and easily gather pieces back to me. I love that I can hyperlink to previous years notes, attachments, etc. for easy reference, which is really helpful with donors. I also use it to plan editorial pieces, social media, communications campaigns, nonprofit programs, board meetings, household tasks and chores, etc. Previosuly I used it for large books/projects to break large academic projects into smaller pieces. I've used it with large and small groups aged 18-67. I've set it up for over 10 orgs/groups and it is fast and easy. Everyone loves how easy it is to just start using it. Great email functionality and it has a ton of add-ins you can use to link to other software (like time tracking, invoicing, etc.) I LOVE ASANA.

I love their free version with a firey passion, but once downside is as they have grown, the free version has lost some searching/reporting capability. However, using their paid product gets you everything you could want. So if you are piloting the free version to get a sense, there is a lot more out there.

A review of Asana by a Creative Director of a Marketing Agency

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A very useful - maybe even invaluable - tool for busy workplaces. Decent looking UI and colour scheme, clear lists but not so clear Project Views - not very good for visual people. Annoying notifications - but maybe I should just try and reduce the number of concurrent tasks!

There is something very satisfying about having a digital to do list, saved in the cloud, updated automatically and reminding you of key dates, comments and edits. There is something even more satisfying about being able to finally click a little tick button and have an animated unicorn fly across the screen as a reward. It is very useful to be able to keep ALL correspondence relating to a particular task or project in the same thread. This includes text messages, copy, images, PDFs, etc. - all easily downloadable. It's fairly intuitive - looming deadlines are highlighted in red, you can order tasks how you'd like them, you can tag people using the @ symbol like in Gmail and on social media. So, when you are in Asana, all is fine - you can see all your tasks as a list, a project as a whole or separated into Elements. You can even see your team-mate's projects too. Oh, also, adding sub tasks to tasks and sub tasks is very useful. It's not a nice feeling knowing that you can't tick something off your list until it's sub tasks sub tasks have been done, but that's not Asana's fault! It's nice that it emails you to notify you of key events, but this does have a downside. It's good that it ties in with Time Tracking software too.

So, we have to talk about emails. I, as I'm sure many others do too, have a huge number of tasks assigned to me on Asana. Many of these involve other people - clients, team members, project managers, etc. They all have different deadlines and start dates. Every single action involving you, by default, generates an email. Even after turning many of these notifications off, the Updates folder in my inbox is still so full or notifications, it's very common to miss more important ones. Also, the very fact that there is an Inbox IN Asana itself, means that you are notified of everything twice. This aspect doesn't quite feel right or logical. It also quite frequently logs me out, forcing me to log back in again.

Heidi
Membership Engagement Coordinator in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

The organizational tool to keep your life colorful and carefree

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'd recommend Asana to anyone who asked because I have not yet found a software that I like as much. It's colorful, inviting, and friendly. It makes you feel encouraged to look at your long list of things to do, rather than fill you with dread. In my job, I have many hats to juggle, and Asana helps to take care of it all. It's the sticky note of the internet, and I am a grateful user.

I am a sticky note person. I have sticky notes everywhere, but the problem is that sticky notes can't remind you of your tasks, notify you if you've missed a deadline, or post comments to your coworkers to find out if they've completed their portion of the task. Asana does all of that. I can organize my work life down to the millisecond if I wanted to, but that's a little overkill. Everything in Asana is clearly displayed and labeled. Our staff uses the system together, so I can keep track of what my coworkers have on their plate. It helps me to know if/when I can interrupt them or ask to assist on a task. The deadlines are helpful as well and intuitive. If you miss a task, it goes red. Check off a task, and the funniest thing happens. A unicorn shows up to congratulate you. I appreciate the humor of the software developers. It reminds me that we are all human and just want to laugh sometimes. If you have a task that needs to get done, but a coworker is the person who has to do it, no problem! Simply assign a task to them, and they will get a notification. No more tracking down staff in the office just to ask them to do something. It's a very efficient tool, and I am very happy.

There is no messaging component that allows for live chat conversations. That is the only downside. If I want to have a conversation with a coworker on a project, I have to create a comment and tag them in it- real Facebook style. If I could have a chat button to work in real time with my coworkers, I'd get rid of Slack in a heartbeat. Also, sometimes categorizing the section entitled "My Tasks" can be tricky. There are so many settings that you have to be very specific, like assigning a date and a person to the task (like yourself). If you accidentally write a task, but don't assign a date or person, that task could disappear somewhere into your growing list of things to do. It can be easy to lose a task if you're not careful.

Odette
Deputy Executive Director in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers

Intuitive, Powerful, and Beautiful To Do App

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Asana has allowed our office to both keep extremely flexible and extremely specific project to-do lists. It also allows us to keep our conversations about an issue or project in one place, archived for all time. Additionally, we are able to keep reference information about each project in Asana, creating one central place to check for details, status, and tasks on each project.

Asana is extremely easy to implement in an office. The design is clean and intuitive and feels very familiar and easy to use from Day 1. Love the ability to create tracking boards or lists, depending on what my need is; and the ability to switch between both of these views is a huge plus. The animations are a delight. Love the Chrome and Gmail plug-ins, I use those multiple times a day. I liked Asana so much that I implemented it at home to keep our family on track and organized.

I wish there was the ability to personalize the skin of the app more -- different backgrounds for the desktop, stickers. I also wish that Asana could integrate with electronic planners to replace their to-do list function.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Trello, Basecamp en Microsoft To Do

Redenen om voor Asana te kiezen: Wunderlist did not have the data parsing power we needed. Asana is so much more flexible and customizeable!

Shashank
Shashank
Digital Marketing Analyst in India
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

Easiest Way to Manage Your Team Work and Tasks Handling

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We have many promoting enactments spread over different time spans and over numerous brands we own. Having the option to arrange the entirety of this successfully and keep everybody on time has been a huge assistance and has spared us endless long stretches of time. We utilize this apparatus day by day to keep everybody on target, and I was unable to be more joyful with the outcomes. We have seen an improvement in announcing guidelines since we began utilizing Asana. Colleagues are straightforward and it is anything but difficult to see everything and help those that are having difficulties finishing ventures.

It's anything but difficult to actualize and to installed new clients. The interface is alluring and instinctive. New highlights are showing up at regular intervals - the as of late included Portfolio/Workload include is splendid. Presently I get the Gantts I have to screen my group's remaining task at hand and our numerous undertakings. Incredible labeling and search capacities make it exceptionally easy to monitor our horde promoting enactments and all their related expectations. Including subtasks and including teammates errands makes it extremely simple to monitor who needs to do what and by when. Different perspectives like records, schedules, and kanban sheets make it open to everybody in the group who thinks and cycles data in an unexpected way. The UX is perfect and basic, and the 'my undertakings' and 'inbox' highlights help us all monitor what's going on in our allocated zones.

The main con I have is that there is fairly a lofty expectation to absorb information for a portion of the further developed highlights, and there's some genuine reasoning and truly difficult work needed to get everything spread out and composed in the device and afterward get everybody onboarded. Be that as it may, I think this is likely going to be the situation with any group embracing a task the executives instrument. Despite the fact that it gives the choice to make sure about archives and information from altering by empowering the remark just element, it doesn't limit survey of the information of which it is a component they can add to ensure there is choice on who can see information among the colleagues.

Grace
Grace
Lab Manager in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

EXCELLENT task management, but not worth paying for Premium features.

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Before using ASANA, we seem to always be saying were is that file again? or I can't find that in my email? With ASANA we can organize, and simplify many tasks while also keeping everything in the same, nicely designed, place. The interface is relatively easy to navigate, and just takes some playing around to understand. Also, ASANA has a great app so its easy to have everything you need always at hand. The projects with a board view helps us layout research studies. When starting a study, having a board view really helps us see The big picture. We create columns for Design and Preparation, Recruitment, Measures ect. and layout major tasks with subtasks underneath. ASANA simplifies the process of writing letters of recommendation. Research assistants can create a task that lays out in subtasks the information, and files their letter writer will need, assign the task to their letter writer and set a due date. ASANA also allows you to have a workspace for work and personal. This is great because I can keep all of my to-do's in one software. Other great features: you can have ASANA create tasks from your email, tasks can belong to two projects, tasks/projects can easily be copied.

Premium features are not worth . They don't significantly improve the functionality, and are not worth going. The only draw is the free account only allows 15 members. ASANA should offer a cheaper subscription for teams who just need more than 15 members, but are not interested in the cost of the premium features. Here are some things that need work 1 Can't assign a task to more than one person (huge drawback) 2 Communicating on ASANA isn't the best. Most teams also use messaging services, like Slack for all communication. For us this has been a problem, because sometimes we can't remember where a certain conversation took place, on Slack or ASANA. It would be nice to have ASANA fully integrated with a messaging platform, so conversations about projects are in one or both places. 3 The calendar is honestly confusing. Always unsure if I add a due date to a task, if it will show up in the calendar or not-not very intuitive. Also, calendar should have different views for personal task dates, and team dates. 4 Files added to tasks are dead, meaning if you edit the file you need to upload the new version. It would be nice to have it integrated with cloud services so the file auto updates. 5 Can't communicate between tasks/projects on other workspaces or be able to copy a project to a new workspace. 6 Board view can get cluttered, so having projects within projects could help with larger projects.

Niklas
Niklas
Senior Project Manager in VS
Farmaceutica, 501-1.000 werknemers

Practical tool for planning and scheduling projects and managing tasks.

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The key issue we are addressing is keeping medium and long-term projects organized in one location, especially when numerous people or departments are involved. Being able to establish schedules is also very important for tracking progress. We have also discovered that Asana may be beneficial for tasks that we previously performed in an Excel spreadsheet, such as establishing our yearly budget, whether you are working in a team or managing projects and people on your own, with or without expertise managing resources. In comparison to other systems, tracking project progress, bottlenecks, recovery, and efficiency is not a huge issue when using Asana remotely or in a typical office environment.

I like being able to click "My Tasks" to see what I need to prioritize depending on deadlines, including multi-workflow projects; it helps me remain on top of my work and guarantee I get everything done on time. With Asana, an easy-to-use project management application that is useful even for rookie or inexperienced users, creating, scheduling, and managing operational workflow, development projects, and team performance becomes simple and comfortable.

I dislike it when random people in my workplace assign me jobs in Asana with no context or explanation; I believe there should be an option to refuse assignments or seek extra information before they are automatically placed to their task list. Asana is a straightforward and easy-to-use application, however beginner users may struggle to utilize it when they are unfamiliar with how to use it, for example, for project Gantt charts, plan time tracking, and other comparable project functions. counterpart software.