Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Lightspeed Retail

Met Lightspeed Retail beheer je de verkopen en voorraden van al je verkoopkanalen met één gebruiksvriendelijk platform, en houd je meer tijd over om je bedrijf te runnen.

Meer informatie over Lightspeed Retail

The team at Lightspeed has been extremely helpful with our migration to their platform. Their Ecom integration makes it very easy to manage our inventory and has increased our online sales.

Lack of responsiveness from the company after you purchase it.

Beoordelingen van Lightspeed Retail

4,0
4,0
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,9

Lightspeed Retail heeft een totaalscore van 4,1 van 5 sterren op basis van 963 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Lightspeed Retail eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (963)

Chad
Partner
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers

Access to information at your fingertips

5,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Emil
Eigenaar in Nederland

Lightspeed

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Ik heb dit 3 jaar geleden voor het eerst gebruikt en sindsdien zie ik de tekortkomingen

Makkelijk in gebruik maar beperkt . Jammer

Te beperkt. En wil je wat meer kan dat niet

Jessica
Jessica

Best POS for small businesses

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: One major benefit is how easy my ordering is with their PO system.

I moved from Lightspeed to Clover and it's night and day. I had to piecemeal the Clover system on the back end to be useful and Lightspeed hands you so much. I've since added more and more of the Lightspeed system like loyalty because their tools are amazing. One of the best parts is their customer service. You get quick answers and they go above and beyond. Whether it's something as simple as why isn't my shipping working on ecom or how can I verify my website with the different social media platforms, their FAQs and customer service team never disappoint. If you are thinking about switching, do it. You won't regret it. It's made me more efficient all around. Thanks Lightspeed!

Lots of different options so it takes a bit to determine what you need to use.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Square Point of Sale, Shopify POS en Revel Systems

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: Clover wouldn't allow me to do a website. Lightspeed integrates inventory on the brick and mortar and ecommerce sides.

Overgestapt van: Square Point of Sale, Shopify POS en Revel Systems

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Best integration of inventory, ease of use, I liked all the different standard things the system had like inventory POs, employees, special orders, and more.

anna
CEO in VS

Over promise, under deliver

4,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, I have had a really negative experience with Lightspeed. Their account managers are not helpful and rarely answer. The company is focused on sales and add ons and not improving the product or ensuring the system does what retailers want / need

Lightspeed has the basics complete. Matrixes, easy sku set up and fairly intuitive POS.

The customer service is terrible. The team is constantly selling new add ons that don't work and then no one every responds. Overall, I have felt the system does not do what they say it does. For example, we were sold on a shopify integration, which is not true. We were also sold that their reporting is great. It is not only terrible, but you have to pay a lot more for any reports that give you actual information (like inventory valuations).

vorige maand

Hi Anna, We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We value our customers’ feedback, and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns. As we are unable to identify your account within our records, please feel free to contact our Customer Success team should you wish to provide further feedback. You may reach us via email at <[email protected]>. Thank you,

Brian

Terrible Service, Outdated Product

1,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We bought a business that used Lightspeed. On 12/22/23 the previous owner submitted a ticket and sent her rep an email, telling LS that they needed to transfer ownership to us. We were sent paperwork and filled it out immediately as we were closing on 1/1/24. Rep said everything was fine. In 1/2/24 everything was still in previous owners name. I called, gave up after 4 times of waiting for over 20 minutes, put in tickets and emailed our rep. Nothing. A few days and a plethora of calls, emails and online messages later, someone told me the rep gave us the wrong paperwork to fill out. We had to start over. This wasn’t done until 1/16/24, 16 days after we bought the business. But it gets worse! For all that time, all sales went to the previous owners acccount (she still had LS at another business) and all money from sales went to her bank. Again, call after call, ticket after ticket, nothing. Finally after over a month, the previous owner was nice enough to write me a check for the payments she received in error, but to this day, LS still hasn’t figured out how to get the sales that went into the previous owners account, to mine. Almost 60 days! I missed paying my state sales tax because I don’t know how much sales we had. Then to top it all off, I worked on our ecom/website for hundreds of hours. Added just under 4,000 products and descriptions and pictures. We own a retail Christmas store. I’d put a stuffed animal under “Plush” on the website. The next day I’d look and that listing would now be under Christmas Lights. Again to tech support. Turns out there was a syncing issue and they had to delete everything I had done. I have to start over. Redo just under 4,000 products. Put them in the correct categories. Hundreds of hours of more work. They didn’t even apologize. They don’t care.To this day, 2/22/24, the account still shows in the old owners, company name. More tickets, more of nothing getting done. More frustration. Please, please stay away from this company. They are truly horrible.

Inventory management was easy. The retail system is fairly easy, but the api from retail to ecom is one way, which is a major flaw.

Their ecom is terrible. Only thing worse than their ecom is their customer service. You can’t call anyone. Tickets take weeks to get worked. Only option is online chat. Try explaining a complex situation in a chat.

2 maanden geleden

Hi Brian, We sincerely apologize for any challenges you've faced while using Lightspeed. Your satisfaction is paramount to us, and we are fully committed to promptly resolving your concerns. In light of your recent experience, our Management team reached out last week to provide further assistance and help remove any blockers you that you are experiencing. We appreciate your patience as we diligently work to address your issues. Best regards, The Lightspeed Team

Railan
Manager in VS
Sportartikelen, 2-10 werknemers

Lightspeed for Small Business

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience has been very good - I have much more control over inventory, discounts, more robust reporting, and human error estimated.

Inventory, POS, Reports, and discount features are all easy to configure and use.

When completing an End of Year inventory count, you must submit the entire count before seeing the total cost of products counted.

3 maanden geleden

Hi Railan, Thank you for sharing your experience! We're glad to hear that Lightspeed has provided you with easy-to-use features for inventory, POS, reports, and discounts. The Lightspeed Team

Steve
Steve

A great all-inclusive system

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Our industry was using a server-based software which was cumbersome and VERY outdated. Switching to Lightspeed has allowed me to more easily fulfil online orders, process transactions remotely, and communicate with our customer base more effectively.

Integration across POS, eCommerce, Accounting, Data Analytics is excellent. We have been able to increase both sales and efficiency with this system. The accounting feature and its daily export to QuickBooks allows me to spend only a few minutes each day keeping books up to date. It certainly makes year-end a breeze. Lightspeed Analytics is an invaluable resource for forecasting and identifying areas of opportunity. Customer support is available 24/7 and if they aren't able to answer my question immediately, I have received a timely follow-up within a day or two.

There are some work-arounds that I have implemented. It would be nice to have the option for recurring billing and serial number tracking (not just adding a serial number to an item) as well as a better protocol for backordered items on Purchase Orders.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Rain POS

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: Easy choice. Transitioning from a local server based software to a cloud based system was the first priority. After seeing what else Lightspeed had to offer, I immediately made the change.

Overgestapt van: AIM

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: When I was ready to purchase Rain, the sales team kept putting me off time and time again. If that was indicative of their customer service, I knew it wouldn't be the right fit for me.

Zondre
Zondre
General Manager in VS

Great integrated system

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Lightspeed has been great. We have been using it for over a year and it has met my expectations. Whenever I request help, which isn't that often anymore they are quick to respond.

The best feature of LIghtspeed is the analytics package. As a senior manager you can spend a lot of time calculating your performance manually in excel. But the Analytics package takes care of all of that. It's easy to see the performance of your inventory, employees and marketing at any time. There are also a lot of apps that work with Lightspeed that make it the most functional POS system I've used. The fact that the ecommerce is integrated as well makes it a great fully integrated system. You could pay a lot more to piece together all the of the systems you need. Or you could spend a huge amount of money creating a custom system.

There are some small idiosyncrasies like not adjusting sync times for your local time zone. So, yesterday is never accurate you have to wait for the next days sync to get have accurate information. I would also like to be able to have our time management app sync employee time to Lightspeed so we don't have to enter it manually. I've given up on tracking employee hourly performance for this reason. Or if they offered a better time clock management natively that would help. I'd also like them to include the previous year comparisons in their dashboard. And, I'd like to look at seasonal performance rather than just month to month and week to week.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Clover, Shopify POS en Vend

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: I wanted a cloud based integrated system

Overgestapt van: Clover, Shopify POS en Vend

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: I looked at a couple of others too that I can't remember. A lot of them had great features, but none of them had all of the features to have a fully integrated system for our customers to shop online or in person. And, none of them had the analytics tools that Lightspeed has.

Rosaline
Rosaline
Restaurant manager in Indonesië
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 11-50 werknemers

Most complete and easy POS

Opmerkingen: Very easy to use

It is easy to use as you can search for the individual items and put items in categories. It also enable us to put in modifier on each item with additional price too

Very expensive compared to other POS. Only if the report format can be modified to be a little bit more simpler

Nerissa
Nerissa
Managing Owner/ Store Manager in VS

Great for Retail

5,0 2 jaar geleden

We have been using Lightspeed for our retail firearm business and this has been very helpful for us in monitoring our sales and inventory. This is great for small businesses like us and priced reasonably.

None that i can think of. Lightspeed has been great for our business.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Square Point of Sale

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: Better in inventory management, control and audit for Lightspeed

Overgestapt van: Square Point of Sale

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Better in inventory management, control and audit for Lightspeed

Veronika
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

POS for New Restaurant Owners

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Never had a system this advanced before. I keep trying to implement more features to benefit the daily running of our restaurant.

Easy to use and set-up. Customer support is great. You are always talking to a real person and they always answer your questions or solve your problems.

There have been a few bugs every now and again. I would have liked some more one on one time when setting up our system.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Lavu POS, TouchBistro en Oracle Primavera Cloud

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: The weren't pushy. They let us decide. There was always someone there to talk to. Webinars were great!

Sarah
Sarah
Director in VK
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Avoid this system unless you wish to pay very high fees

1,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We have used Vend for many years who were recently acquired by Lightspeed. I have no words for how bad Lightspeed and their company are, and I urge anyone considering using their platform to walk away and find an alternative.
They have recently demanded that all users convert to their integrated card payment system or face charges on their monthly accounts of up to £500. We were originally paying £89.99 per month for Vend, which was then increased with Lightspeed to £129.99 per month. To then be advised that if we don't use their card processing servicing, we could face charges of up to £500 per month is astounding and unethical. We were advised that one reason for this increase was due to the charges they incur for our business using other payment providers. This is utter rubbish; I myself use a static card terminal in a bricks-and-mortar shop. Lightspeed doesn't incur any processing charges, fees or inconveniences from my card terminal. After many, many emails back and forth with our account manager and following a call, he finally understood that, as a business, we were tied into a contract with our card supplier and could not move to their integrated service as they demanded.
I was advised that these additional fees would not be charged as we aren't in a position to move our card processing across to their systems. However, I have been told that my fees for the platform this month, based on our transactions, are now £250! When trying to speak with someone from customer services (surprise, surprise only possible online). I am told that this is because I am not using their integrated card processing service!!!
I wouldn't mind quite so much if the system had shown vast improvements or if they had introduced new fantastic facilities online. We have actually found the system to be slower than before and with many glitches with stock deduction and control. There hasn't been any improvement.
I don't know how Lightspeed is able to get away with behaviour that flagrantly ignores anti-competition laws in the UK.
I'm in the process of finding a company that provides an online platform and has an honest and trustworthy approach to business. Lightspeed is definitely NOT this company.

I was originally a customer with Vend and since Lightspeed purchased the company I can not see any Pros.

Too many to list, but the company ethics are poor and I am not sure how they get away with the anti-competition methods.

vorige maand

Hi Sarah, We sincerely apologize for any distress you've experienced regarding unified payments. Please know that it is never our intention to cause inconvenience. Our goal is to simplify your operations and offer efficient support for both POS and payments services, ultimately saving you time and resources. Your Account Manager has reached out to you to discuss this matter further. We appreciate your patience as we diligently work to address your concerns. Best regards, The Lightspeed Team

James
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Lightspeed makes retailing easier.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

The user interface was my first draw to Lightspeed. Ease of use and mostly easy workflows pulled me in. We also like the numerous integratabtle add ons available. The multi-store feature works well.

It did not believe in negative numbers but that is changing. We do not like that custom fields don't save the same way as other standard fields.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: QuickBooks Point of Sale

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: When we changed the interface of RetailPro was not very friendly.

Overgestapt van: QuickBooks Point of Sale

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: We had multiple stores and we needed the transfer and multi-store management that Lightspeed offers. We were also looking for a point of sale that integrated well with ecommerce.

Shane
Director in Australië
Computerhardware, 2-10 werknemers

Lightspeed Retail Changed the way we run out business

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We migrated from Lightspeed Onsite to Lightspeed retail nearly a year ago now, and the move has been fantastic. I did a LOT of research before the move to ensure we could take our Onsite Data over. Actually turned out there was some Workorder data that wouldn't migrate, but the upside to move to retail outweighed this by a long way. (As as work around, we simply left LightSpeed Onsite running side by side to Retail, and refer back only occasionally to Onsite. Isn't as big a deal as I thought it would be) Lightspeed retail is quick and powerful. Inventory management is completely accurate, and keeping track of special orders for customers is a breeze. We used to keep manual systems in place to keep track, but these have been retired. Customer management is excellent, keeping track of who owes what and what customer has how much on deposit for special orders. Lightspeed retail also integrates easily into our Tyro POS system, making credit card payments easy and accurate, no fear of adding or worse, leaving a zero off of the bill. Work orders can be colour coded to show where jobs are up to, and we keep all customer notes in the system. With LS retail being cloud based, I can even send a tech out onsite with and iPad and a Mobile Payment device and invoice, take payment and close a job before the tech leave customer site. On top of this, I have integrated a third party application called Service Reign to manage emails to customers post job to glean customer feedback.

LS Retail is smart, accurate and quick. Inventory management is great, and reporting is comprehensive. This is everything we need to efficiently run our business. Being a cloud based system, we can track the business remotely.

LS Retail (coming from LS Onsite), can be a little clunky at first, however once you understand the work flow of the system, it all makes sense.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: RepairShopr

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: LS Retail is more powerful, and is cloud based, meaning no more backups required!

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: The Lightspeed Retail platform made more sense

Amanda
Sales Associate in Canada

Capital City Luggage

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We are a retail and repair shop that has 1 location. We were looking at a way of integrating our online inventory to our retail, so our inventory can be managed. There are very few things we would change about this platform. Its nice that as the company develops, they listen to customers needs and make relevant changes based on that. It's almost a 1 stop shop for being able to run a successful business.

- ecom and retail link seamlessly -open and close cashes easy for staff -each staff has own login to track sales progress and customers - can limit staffs access to certain tabs that are irrelevant -painlessly easy to submit orders, and create new product -can easily provide quotes for potential customers -easy to do inventory checks from your cell phone, great for purchasing at trade shows or counting stock in warehouse.

Cons: -Limited integrated payments -Limited ways to get content linked to other selling platforms -Blog -doesn't do penny rounding for cash sales (canada doesn't use pennies) - creating a work order- we cannot add or remove tabs that show on work orders -system crashes during work hours, (bugs in system) approx every 3 months, which means we have to use manual receipts and cash only.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Shopify POS

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: We were looking at a way of integrating our online inventory to our retail, so our inventory can be managed.

Overgestapt van: Shopify POS

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: lightspeed was easier to operate and was primarily pos based, shopify was primarily online based

Allison
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

Best decision I made for my business!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I would recommend Lightspeed POS to any other retailer (especially clothing and shoes) in a heartbeat! If you have been manually counting inventory and have no customer sales data, this is a must. It was easy to set up and continued to be easy to use for me and my employees. The cloud based feature is perfect because I never have to worry about backing up important data and I can "see" my business from any device with internet access. It's brilliant.

Lightspeed POS provided instant inventory, sales, customer and employee data that was missing from my retail business. It was relatively easy to set up and I had lots of support! The amount of information we now have about our retail business is staggering and it allowed us to connect multiple locations which made inventory transfer a breeze!

I had hoped for an integrated Loyalty program from the start (this has now been launched). We were manually keeping track of points for our customers which became tedious and inaccurate quickly. The new Loyalty is a good start but it feels a bit clumsy at times and not as customizable as I would like. Sometimes inventory issues pop up when items are returned. For example, special orders from one location that are added to a purchase order for our main location, automatically show in stock at the needed location when simply checked in at main location. This can cause confusion as they are not physically at the needed location just yet. They have to be physically transferred but should not be added to inventory or received once they arrive (they were already there!). This took us a while to figure out and caused many inventory numbers to get out of whack.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft Project en QuickBooks Online

Overgestapt van: Microsoft Project en QuickBooks Online

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Lightspeed POS was cloud-based (which I'm a fan of), required minimal equipment cost layout at the beginning, they had monthly payment options, support was included, it had features to include inventory, purchasing, reporting, customer data (previous purchases), employee virtual time cards, integration with my e-commerce needs (real-time inventory), multi-location abilities, matrices for products that come in multiple sizes and colours.

Brian
Director of Retail Operations in VS

Don't Do It

1,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall it was an entirely negative experience. The system crashed more than it was fully functional. On top of that, when requested, no one would get back in touch with you within a reasonable amount of time. Tech support was virtually inaccessible because of the amount of time the system spent crashed. I can't even begin to count the number of times the system would crash and of course when that happens you can't do any sales. most customers won't leave information for later transactions to be processed so we would literally lose thousands of dollars on a regular basis due to not being able to use the POS. Don't bother trying to explain that to anyone in their offices because you won't get anything out of it. WORD OF WARNING TO ANYONE CONSIDERING THIS POS SYSTEM. PLEASE CONSIDER ANY AND ALL OPTIONS BEFOREHAND AND IF YOU DO DECIDE TO GO WITH LIGHTSPEED, PLEASE CAREFULLY READ ALL THE FINE PRINT.

Nothing, I really have no positive things to say about Lightspeed Retail.

Apart from the fact that it is cloud based which caused so many connectivity problems (constantly unable to even connect to make sales) it also apparently means that Lightspeed owns all of your data once you no longer have a good standing account with them. What I mean by that is that once you no longer have lightspeed service, you can no longer look at your sales data without paying a $50 a month per location fee to access sales info. If a report didn't completely transfer when trying to download a csv file of a report, to bad. You don't get access to it any more.

Cynthia
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Disappointed in their business practices and how they stand behind what their employees sell you.

2,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I'm still disappointed and now looking for another POS system. I fear Lightspeed will come up with more charges as I go along this year. If my employee sold a customer a product at a certain price, I would at least honor that for 1 year. Especially since I had been using that product for 4 months. Changing POS systems is very stressful and any company that does not stand behind what they sell, well, can you trust them?

Accuracy is very important and when I run a report or look at inventory it is correct.

The sales person told me I would have reports and I did for about 4 months, I was then locked out of the reports and could not pay my suppliers. I had to pay more money per month based on their employees mistake. I went with Lightspeed based on the monthly price. It is not completely what I needed for my store but the price was within my budget. Now I have to pay hundreds more per year so I can run one report to pay my suppliers. Be warned they do not stand behind their employees promises.

Eerder overwogen alternatieven: KORONA POS en POS Nation for Retail

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: They told me they would import my inventory and have the description on the screen, they did the import a week later, and it did not include the tax, when they fixed that it duplicated all my inventory, weeks later they decided they could not fulfill the promises they made. I canceled my account and they still sent me a bill for the months after I canceled. I ask for RMA for hardware and they did not send. I paid for the shipping and then received 3 RMA labels. They still want me to pay for the software a month after their hardware left my store.

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Price, which I was not given the correct information.

11 maanden geleden

Hi, We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience, and we are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with the services received. It is our utmost priority to provide products and services that allow our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. If ever you would like to provide more feedback, please don't hesitate to reach our Customer Success Team via email at [email protected]. Thank you, Lightspeed Commerce

Julie

Robust System Integrates Webstore and Brick- and - Mortar Store

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I'm super happy with Lightspeed and I like how they have 24/7 customer service in case of a glitch. The staff is always very friendly and extremely knowledgeable.
I tried another service (Sunrise POS) when I first started out and the guy promised me the world. Little did I know it wasn't even geared for retail it was a restaurant system. I was totally taken advantage of, I had no one to call for support and ended losing over 5k.
Lightspeed is up front and caters to your needs. They are awesome!!

It's easy to use, It's easy to check on the store activity when I'm not there through my iPhone. It gives detailed reports on categories, vendors and daily sales. I love it because it manages the inventory on my website as well as my retail front. If I have 12 pieces listed on my web store and sell 4 in the store, it will deduct accordingly.

Nothing really. I wish some of the paid upgraded features were free.

Ian
Director & Handyman in Jamaica
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

Lightspeed ROCKS!!!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: AMAZING

We operate 4 Cannonball Cafés in Jamaica. This is our second year of using Lightspeed. When we bought the business in 2016, we installed another company's system which, after a few months use, revealed it's weakness for use in a multi-unit business. We plodded along for awhile under the "Better to stay with the Devil you know..." philosophy until a sharp eyed customer got very upset because she noticed the price of one of our specialty coffees at one location was vastly different from another location... we had made a late night keystroke mistake entering the updated prices! What caught our eye with Lightspeed was the powerful Back-of-House infrastructure that allows us to make REMOTE CHANGES to our menus, our controls etc IN AN INSTANT on our phones, tablets or computers: last year on a trip to China, we got a text from one of our managers requesting a menu addition - somewhere over the Pacific at 40,000 feet, my wife added the item and went back to sleep!!!! The level of detail that supports our business goes far beyond what we could imagine - while a lot of detail & thought has to go into setting up Lightspeed initially, that effort pays dividends when using the system. Finally, the support we get from the Technical Support team is amazing - the Techs are all very well trained, are extremely knowledgeable and can resolve problems that are outside their Lightspeed purview: in September, a store was having a weird connectivity problem that was traced by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Te

Have not found anything to dislike about it.

Laurel
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers

Not suited for small businesses, Big Box Store Perfect!

3,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Frustrating. Doosync - the migration company, by the way was awesome!

I think it makes accepting online sales easy but that's about it for me.

I didn't realize how much I LOVED Lightspeed On-Site until we switched to Retail. We were recommended to move to Lightspeed Retail because On-Site is old technology, however this program is way inferior for small businesses. Once we were contacted to move to Retail coincidentally our On-Site started having issues like our subscription wasn't renewed and our e-Com store was turned off randomly. Not really knowing what was going on... it made sense to change to the cloud based program they were really encouraging us to move to. Now that we have gone live I realize this program is not as complex regarding small businesses, and offers very little customizations for our personal style. I was told the Analytics feature for $1000 would give me the options I need to customize the program to our business such as implementing sales targets our staff could see and a customizable dashboard.... don't think it can. It really just gives you more reports than a one brick & mortar plus online store needs. It's not relevant. Also....we thought moving to retail with our physical and eCom store would run smoother and that gift cards would work between both platforms. Again... not the case. Gift cards are not available online nor can in store cards be used online without a lot of effort in making that happen. I think if you owned multiple stores that just reordered the same inventory and didn't care about labels or gift cards this would be the perfect system for you!

3 jaar geleden

Hi Laurel, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the recent switch from OnSite to Retail. We see that you have been in touch with our Customer Engagement team and we encourage you to continue working with them. Thank you, Lightspeed POS

E-learning, 2-10 werknemers

Worst Business Decision

1,0 5 jaar geleden

I have no pros. I would like to take this opportunity to preface my review with the fact that I am not a negative review writer. As a business owner myself, I generally live by the golden rule of doing business and give the benefit of the doubt in most cases. I took the time to write this today because I simply want to save you from the hardship of the lessons learned by so many business owners here.

If you are considering Lightspeed for your business, please STOP HERE and do research. Allow the hundreds of negative reviews that came before mine to be your bright waving red flag. I DEFINITELY wish someone had told me to read some of these before entering an agreement with this company. Also, my lawyer would have STRONGLY advised me against entering this agreement, but unfortunately it was too late for me. Hopefully, it is NOT too late for you. I'll keep this short: 1.) Lightspeed is overpriced, 2.) Lightspeed's product is mediocre: glitchy and has limitations, 3.) Lightspeed contract terms are extremely binding, consider them unethical. 4.) Lightspeed will do nothing for you as a customer. Your concerns will be deferred from person to person all with their arms up in the air until you get tired of trying to find a reasonable resolution and you land here, at the end of your rope writing a negative review with hope that someone will learn from your mistake and stay away. I'm pretty certain if the business owner died, Lightspeed will go after their loved ones for a payout. This is not a company any business owner should do business with.

5 jaar geleden

Hi, We would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience, and we are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with the product and service received. We value our customers feedback, and would like to learn more about your specific experience, to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns. As we are unable to identify your business, please feel free to contact us at your convenience: 1(866) 932-1801 ext 8000. Our Customer Success team would be more than happy to connect with you. We look forward to having the chance to speak with you. Thank you, Lightspeed Customer Success

Derrick
President in Canada
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers

Not for restaurants

1,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We had purchased the system for 3 of our establishments, and only installed it in 1 of them as a trial. Because of how bad it was, we decided to cancel our service. Even though we had not installed the other 2 locations and had used the product for 3 month in the one installed, they are forcing us to abide by our 3 year contract and pay the full amounts. Even with having to cover that cost, which is completely unreasonable because 2 of the services were not installed, it is still much better and efficient for us to switch to another more functional service such as Cluster or Maitre-D. I would not recommend this to anyone who has a restaurant.

Looks nice if you spend the time to set it up

Lightspeed has been a horror for us since the start. What we were presented at during the sales meeting made us very excited and happy, but the second the contract was signed, for our 3 locations everything went down hill. I had to pull teeth and send multiple messages and to get our installation done on time. And even at that they finished doing it opening day, and were debugging while we had to serve clients. And that is a whole other story. The product itself looks good but really does not work for a restaurant. Little things like having a single client pay without closing the full table is not possible. Servers need to figure out all these ways/trick to speed up service without being slowed down by Lightspeed. Items cannot be sent to multiple locations at ones (if something come from both the kitchen and bar like a Caeser with bacon) The reports are terrible. Items are split up in ways were the they are split if clients have payed 1/2 or 1/3 of the amount. So items like Natchos that are group type items, to no how many have been sold you need to add the full one, the 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6, .... amounts. So extracting any information takes a long time. Many of the reports have numerical errors in them, and as such they cannot be trusted. Also, tyring to export hourly sales or receipts all have wrong times on them (our restaurant closes at 1am, yet it still show receipts until 5am) It is not possible to use the inventory option in bar because they can only have units, it

5 jaar geleden

Hi Derrick, We apologize that you are disappointed with your Lightspeed Restaurant experience. We see that have been speaking with a senior member of our Customer Success team who is working with you to addressing your concerns. We would be happy to continue to work with you in resolving the matter, and coming to an amicable solution.

Carley
owner in
Kleding en mode, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Lightspeed is great on the front side, and a nightmare on the backside

2,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: -We switched to Lightspeed from ShopKeep because we needed to manage the inventory of our 5 locations in one place. That part works okay, once you figure out all the idiosyncrasies of the restock and reorder system. We had to hire a person just to manage the work-arounds we put in place to make Lightspeed a functional system for my business (because there are so many tedious extra steps).
-Feeling stuck is the worst feeling as a small business owner. Lightspeed make me feel stuck. I hit a new wall in the system regularly, and when I ask for what I need, the answer is ALWAYS "no, we can't do that." Some examples:
-The system does very little to tie sales and inventory together, it does next to nothing. You can export a sales report by item name, which is great. It tells you how many you sold, your sales numbers, and how many you have left. But the vendor information nor the department information for the sold items is not on the export. That makes the report useless in terms of knowing what vendors your business is coming from. Their answer is you can then export vendor sales separately. That is not helpful, because that export does not include item info or department info, nor does it tell you your on-hand inventory. There is not a single way in Lightspeed to view your sales and on-hand inventory in one place, and because their exported reports are so sparing of relevant information, I can't even create my own. This is a major flaw. With ShopKeep, at least I could get my data out of the system to manipulate it how I needed. With Lightspeed, I am SOL. -I don't even call customer service anymore because 100% of the time all they do is validate the problem and then offer no solution. Their consistent response is to tell me to make a suggestion to their developers. -I have been in business 10 years. We have 5 locations, and a website. I have 40 employees. I think Lightspeed would work for a single location or 2 location business. But any more than the system creates more work than it takes away. Looking back, I wish I would have stayed with Shopkeep.

The check-out system is nice and easy. For multi-locations it is helpful to see sales and inventory in one place.

-there is no flexibility in the system. The way Lightspeed wants you to see and retrieve your data is the ONLY way you can get your data. And their way 90% of the time is not relevant to the basic needs of a retailer to analyze and evaluate their business. -Customer Service is not responsive. The company does not seem willing to listen to complaints or provide work arounds to the rigidity of the system. - The eCom site is FULL of problems that they do not have a handle on. There are many limitations with the way you have to present information on the site. -It's very expensive for what you get. I was willing to pay a premium for a system I was told would exceed our needs and expectations. For the 2 things it does well, there are 98 headaches. -They do not offer refunds or a way out of your contract if you are unhappy.

Clif
Owner in
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

This company is all about sales and has no interest in fairness or retaining customers.

1,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I run a tiny seasonal business for which this system was intended. If someone is unhappy with my service, refunding their money is not always my first approach, but if I know that I've fallen short on service, I absolutely look for a fair solution. I was fine with keeping the hardware originally sent to me and even paying for the time lapse on the software, but to say that all software sales are final when they are the one that set the contract lengths to being with is just shady and downright distasteful. It's not like they put money into developing software just for my company. In fact, any time I tried to get support to help tweak things, their support team seemed more annoyed than willing to help. Stay away from these guys.

I barely used this product. What sold me on it initially were the demos in being able to have a simple interface for my employees on both the retail and restaurant side and a much more detailed backend than square that supposedly integrates nicely with Quickbooks.

I was very specific about my operating needs. I am also very busy with small children and multiple businesses. The onboarding was described as very simple, and it was not. I needed three systems, and was told that was what I was paying for. They shot me an invoice which I did not read thoroughly enough. They put in fine print on the invoice that the invoice and payment is acceptance or their sales terms which you have to then go to their website to read. Once I asked for the hardware items that they did not send me, they also charged me for a bunch of extra software that were not part of the original sales discussion or even the second sales discussion. They never refunded me for two years of unused software when I decided that I was not interested in doing business with such a shady company. No class.

7 jaar geleden

Hello Clif, We would like to apologize for the service experience you had with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We appreciate the feedback you have given us on our sales and onboarding processes and will be taking it into account in the future to ensure a better experience for other Lightspeed customers. In regards to amending your contract, we would again like to apologize for any confusion or miscommunication. We had hoped the offer we presented and discussed in detail would have allowed us to move forward in your relationship with Lightspeed. Once again, we apologize for your experience and that the decision we reached was not the outcome you desired. We appreciate your understanding, Customer Success Team Lightspeed

Al
General Manager in VS
Meubels, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

The negatives far outweigh the positives for this software

1,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I could go on further about the cons of this POS system, but I ran out of available space in the "cons" field. Overall, the cons far outweigh the pros for this system in our application. On top of that, I was essentially coerced into switching from Lightspeed OnSite, which worked almost perfect for us, to LightSpeed Retail. I was told that after March 31st, I would no longer be able to use OnSite anymore. So I had to switch to something else, regardless, or so I was told. Well, little did I know that OnSite is still able to be used since we had originally purchased the perpetual license back in 2012. I'm trying to make Retail work for me, but it's highly likely that we either switch back to OnSite or to something else altogether.

It's very convenient that it's cloud based, allowing me to access my POS from anywhere. The payment processing is very quick. For commission based employees, it's nice to be able to assign employee credit to different line items on a single sale. The inventory matrix tool is very convenient when it comes to editing wholesale and retail pricing. That's about where the positives end for me in regards to this POS system.

*Individual customers can only have a single sale/layaway/special order at a time. I hope you don't deal with commercial accounts that send their orders to you using separate POs. There's no way to separate different orders from a customer. It all gets put on the same sale/layaway/special order. *If I send a purchase order to a vendor for 10 items, but that vendor is only able to ship me 5 of those items immediately, and will ship the other 5 once available, I have to delete the 5 backordered items off of that PO in order for the "finished" PO to match the invoice sent by the vendor for the 5 items that did ship immediately. Once the PO is "finished" in retail, I'm unable to edit it or add the backordered items back to it. *So I need to make a completely new PO with those backordered items and reference the original PO in the notes so I can trace it when those backordered items do finally ship. *There's no easy way to view all customer layaways/special orders and the information/notes within each one. *The "Company Name" field of a customer account doesn't show up on the customer lists. *Trying to print labels is a really goofy process. *I'm unable to change the "ship to" address on purchase orders if I need a product shipped to different locations, example: drop shipping directly to customer. *There's no way to print a customer packing slip for deliveries or shipments. *Discounts are applied to total quantity cost of line items, instead of each item individually.

3 jaar geleden

Hi Al, We would like to apologize for your recent experience with Lightspeed. We see that you are currently working with a member of our Customer Success Team who are best suited to get you the assistance you need. We value our customers' feedback, and would be grateful to have the opportunity to address your needs and concerns. Thank you, Lightspeed POS