Amazing Features! Highly Recommend!

Beoordeeld op 7-3-2019
Rex S.
Business Owner
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Recommend to any size restaurant! Its highly scalable and can grow with you. I love the menu creation feature, and how it can do delivery and take-out with no issues, even add to the same ticket. The layout tool is a strong part of Lightspeed. It has every feature to design a solution that allows for the waitstaff to feel they have control over the flow of seating. Highly recommend Lightspeed!

Pluspunten: Lightspeed has the features! I like the integration with the web on the retail side. It seamlessly integrates the our clients stores with the eCommerce site they have. This allows for much better inventory control, and allows to offer the same features as the big box stores. Things like order online, and pick-up it the store. The lightspeed restaurant edition, is the one the best we have used or offered to clients. We directly tested and used this software looking for issues. We found very little, and nothing to sway from using. The server module which allows for table and waitress management is one of the best I have every used. Allow you to layout your restaurant exactly as you have it. You can even have multiple layouts which allows for if you change arrangements for evening dinning or large parties. Creating your menu is something that lacks in many software for food service. Lightspeed offers full control over the menu! you can go as deep as you want in what you track right down to the salt and pepper per item. Allows for pictures, ingredients, costs, specials, limited time specials, up sale, add-ons, combo, you name it, it can be done. Highly recommend this software for any size food service business.

Minpunten: No real cons. They offer updates, the support is there. I would say that the cost per location can add up for multi-location businesses. Overall it is becoming one of the best.

Lightspeed POS for Retail and Restaurant

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2019
Assistant General Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall I really do like our Lightspeed POS system, and am glad we use it in our retail/restaurant hybrid situation. I trust that they'll continue to work to integrate them at an accelerated pace.

Pluspunten: We use Lightspeed on both the restaurant and bar sides of our business, moreover, the Lightspeed Retail feeds directly to our eCom site. I especially like that there are a lot of inventory management and reporting features on the retail side, and in a perfect world it should be a perfect tool for managing the physical and financial aspects of inventory. There are lots of different ways to handle customer payments, including credit accounts. We do have a few thousand SKUs, but still, Lightspeed POS still seems to work for us.

Minpunten: I do not like that the interfaces for retail/restaurant/eCom are not the same. Reporting is relatively intuitive within each branch of the software, but it seems like if you're selling a comprehensive package then you would make them similarly intuitive so that going between different parts of one business is seamless. The Lightspeed Restaurant POS reporting seems a bit flawed to me - it does not offer any sort of till reconciliation information, despite the fact that it asks you to count in and count out your till every day.

We recommend LightSpeed

Beoordeeld op 22-1-2019
Marion C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: No system is perfect, but we have found LightSpeed has overall exceeded our expectations, and we are very pleased with the program and their service!

Pluspunten: We have been using LightSpeed point of sale systems since 2014, and are very pleased overall. We found the program easy to use and adaptable. The dashboard provides many terrific reports for inventory/profit / sales information. The customer service & help desk have always been readily available for questions, and prompt with answers and technical support. They also offer online seminars and learning sessions for retailers. We have not used either the Loyalty app or the Online e-commerce yet.

Minpunten: We have the odd issue with printing receipts and labels, depending on if we are using the system in Firefox or Chrome. Each web engine has its pros & cons. We can usually sort out printing issues without involving technical support. Ideally, we would prefer specific information on our sales labels, but what we do have will suffice.

Excellent and reliable

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2018
Mary F.
Chief of Operations
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Lightspeed is a robust software solution for our store and e-commerce business. We opened our store in June 2017 and added the e-commerce solution to our website 4 months later. Lightspeed has provided excellent on-going technical support and training. We are able to run our business with all the tools we need, and have not had to "make something" work. It makes us look like we've been in business for over 10 years, and not the under 2 years that we have been.

Pluspunten: Lightspeed has been easy to use from the beginning. (We opened our store June 2017) Adding, modifying or removing merchandise, vendors and pricing is quick and easy. I like that I can see the margin and profit at a glance, as well as more comprehensive data necessary for bookkeeping, etc. I track employee hours and can monitor their clocking in and out. We have been able to make it industry specific to include work orders, and per hour labor charges.

Minpunten: When we opened our store last year, we were allotted only 3 employee logins in addition to one for myself and my husband. When we added just one more employee, we had to pay as much as adding 5 more employees or adding a "new register location".

Always Improving & Adding New Features

Beoordeeld op 23-3-2019
Rhiannon T.
Boutique Owner
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I've been using Lightspeed Retail for my brick and mortar boutique, Fringe, for over three years now, and am loving it! Their inventory management options are robust and just what I need for a boutique. I love that Lightspeed just keeps growing and evolving to meet the needs of it's customers, and I have recently been in their BETA group for trying out their new integrated Lightspeed Payments. It's great to have the option to run payments directly with my POS system. I have also recently set up an e-Commerce site with Lightspeed. In considering a platform for my e-comm site, my number one concern was having integrated inventory management so my physical in store inventory would always match my online stock without having to make any manual adjustments, and I am very pleased that Lightspeed can offer this feature to help me streamline my business. I'm looking forward to the company's continued improvements and added features. -Rhiannon Troutman

Pluspunten: -Robust inventory management
-Great customer service
-Always improving features

Minpunten: No real complaints about Lightspeed Retail!

The Best POS for Niche Entrepreneurs and Businesses!

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2018
Brandon H.
eCommerce Specialist
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Lightspeed came to the rescue when our antiquated, old, no-longer-supported and dying POS system was on the fritz and costing us dearly. They worked with us on implementation and migrating to the new system. They worked with us on payments so that the sticker shock hurt a little less. And when I say they worked with us, I mean they worked with possibly the highest maintenance customer they have ever had. We're an old company that moves slowly and tends to be extremely "cautious" of new technology. Lightspeed was patient. They never pushed, got frustrated, or stopped calling to check on how we were coming. They did several product demos, training sessions, and have spent countless hours on the phone with us helping us get the software and hardware setup and working. They have been with us every step of the way and we now have the POS system of our dreams!

Pluspunten: It is very in depth and detailed. There are so many functions and fields for data entry, recording, ​and tracking. It's in the cloud! No backups! Clean and simple, yet so powerful! Technical support is AAA+++! They're the bomb! Can't believe we tried anything else first.

Minpunten: It is a bit involved for setup and some may consider it "expensive." All I'll say is that you get what you pay for. For every con, other POS have two or three. And for every con, Lightspeed has a workaround.

Excellent POS for Mac users: we are a retail store

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2018
Wendy F.
Treasurer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Inventory control, purchasing, calculating monthly sales tax, reviewing product histories, creating customer lists.

Pluspunten: We can now track our order requests, simplifying our purchase order process; we can review our best sellers, and create necessary reports fairly quickly with the ability to filter the fields we need. The support team is awesome and are very willing to work with us to fix any issues that often are user created.

Minpunten: We've experienced some bugs in the software, but updates keep coming through which correct most of them. The user manual can be cumbersome at times but with persistence we usually can find the answers we need. I wish there were a way to automatically put in zip codes when an address is put into a customer card; also wish there was a prompt for a duplicate address.

FamilyLife - POS Administrator

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2018
Debbi S.
Live Events Resource Center Operations Specialist/ POS Administrator
Religieuze instellingen, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am very impressed with the excellence in the Customer Service assistance I have always received from LightSpeed. Whether the need is from our Account Executive, Billing Representative, Tech Support. . . they are always ready and willing to assist or answer my questions.
I also appreciate the way LightSpeed notifies their customers of upcoming updates & issues that are being investigated and completed or resolved.

Pluspunten: I appreciate the ease of set-up and making the many necessary changes. . e.g. tax rates, shop names, the various aspects of inventory, etc.
The options for the many different reports meet all of our needs and more.

Minpunten: Due to the very unique situation we have with so many shops changing weekly, the only thing I really wish was easier is to have the ability to add inventory to all shops simultaneously.

Support, support, support!

Beoordeeld op 31-1-2019
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have had a wonderful overall experience with Lightspeed! I would highly recommend it for any retail business!

Pluspunten: I have been using Lightspeed for several years now in my retail business. The support I receive is fast, consistent and extremely helpful! The software is flawless and easy to use but when you do get into a pinch, you are just a chat or phone call away from help. Even my account executive, Jeremy, is always there for me. He checks in, sends me emails for updates and add ons, and makes sure I have the best team for any training I need!

Minpunten: Unfortunately, this system is not the cheapest in the market, but well worth the investment. I cannot imagine using a different POS system.

From Implementation to working in Remote locations, effortless and efficient.

Beoordeeld op 16-1-2019
Sean C.
Senior Manager - Corporate Credit
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Lightspeed was very easy to implement, it's cut down on the time required to order and receive stock into inventory and do cycle counts to keep our inventory levels accurate. We use Light Speed to offer credit to some accounts, managing credit accounts is efficient and easy. we also take some of our terminals to Trade Shows for selling products and remote set up is always quick and effortless, the processes flow as smoothly as if we were back in our store. Processing orders is quick and effcient, and has helps us to
increase the level of customer serivce and experience in our store and at Trade Shows.
- Sean Craig Senior Manager of Corporate Credit Factors Group of Nutritional Companies ltd.

Pluspunten: Ease of set up and Use Portability Inventory Management Interface Customer Support times/response Credit Account Management Individual log-ins for staff for performance tracking Excellent Reporting

Minpunten: Receipt Customization would be nice Receipt do not print Credit Account information as it was at time of sale, but as it is when you reprint, having archived receipts would help with reconciling accounts with customers when questions arise.

I'll Be A Lightspeed Lifer

Beoordeeld op 29-3-2019
Jessica S.
Owner/Tech
Consumentenelektronica, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Our phone repair shop has used Lightspeed from the start. We need the ability to create work orders as well as manage inventory and sales, all of which Lightspeed covers. We're extremely happy with the support we receive whenever we're having trouble with the printers or other browser issues. The reps are always competent and willing to remotely fix my problems so I can get back to work quickly! The fact that it's cloud based has made it super convenient for me to run my business and look at reports wherever I am.

Pluspunten: -Easy
-Cloud based
-Work Orders (service) tab
-Inventory management
-Reports

Minpunten: Sometimes inventory numbers are off even when we feel we have been diligent in tracking changes. It may still be user error but support is looking into it for us.

Great for data but poor for layaways

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2018
Chelsea L.
MBA Candidate 4.0/4.0 GPA
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The system had a lot of options how to track customers, review data and input items (and find them)! It was very easy to integrate a lot of features and make use of all reports. Easy for all employees to use and very rarely glitched. Customer support was always happy to help with teamviewer to walk through any issues or concerns.

Minpunten: My business was heavily layaway based and I found the program to be lacking in this department. It was not streamlined and the item would simply deduct additional payments but would not be reported in the same matter as other transactions of the day and affect totals and comparative reviews. It was difficult to make split payments and add/remove merchandise to the customer without always make some sort of mistake.

AWESOME POS

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2018
Debbie K.
Medische praktijk, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have been very happy with this POS software and how easy it is to use. Highly recommended!!

Pluspunten: EVERYTHING! Very easy to use! This software you can almost teach to yourself just by playing with it.

Minpunten: The only downside is availability of live tech support. It sometimes takes a long time to be able to reach someone by phone. They do have a call back option which is great but last time I used it it was about 45 min before I got a call back. So resolving something at the moment when a customer is there is probably not a viable option. When you do reach them they are great. I did make a mistake when receiving a purchase order by accidentally receiving it twice so it doubled the amount and it cannot be corrected. The only way support said is I have to do a vendor return but that is not really a vendor return. That is a problem they need to fix. You should be able with owner log in to delete the purchase order and redo it.

Great POS System

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2019
Krystal S.
Supervisor
Kleding en mode, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This is great program to do a lot of things as once, I highly recommend it!

Pluspunten: It is easy to use once you play around with the features a bit. I like that I am able to pull up inventory from not only my store but from stores all over the country. It helps us get the products customers want to them. I also like that we are able to check in inventory on the same system, not syncing with another program. It also serves as a customer database.

Minpunten: One thing that I do not like about this system is that if I am logged in to both computers at once, sometimes it will cause issues during the payment process and will show as a payment made on both registers which can have an affect on the closing/opening till numbers, but it automatically logs users out and requires their pin to be reentered so this does not happen often only sometimes when we are busy and using both to check people out.

Easy to use web-based POS

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2018
Support Analyst
Sportartikelen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Generally positive, a much nicer POS than anything we've tried in the cycling industry.

Pluspunten: Very simple to use. Keyboard shortcuts make this web-based POS very simple and quick to use. Ordering and inventory system is great and the integration with multiple vendors makes import or exporting sales orders a breeze.

Minpunten: We would always have problems with the software defaulting to the wrong retail location since we have employees work multiple locations. Setting the default location in a cookie or something would be very helpful.

Great Customer Service and Caring make this the best POS platform

Beoordeeld op 5-9-2018
Darcy L.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are a small retail store that is able to track customers, sales, inventory & profit with ease. And good reliable customer service is imperative with a POS system and Lightspeeds is pretty perfect.

Pluspunten: It is compatible with Macs and thus user intuitive if there are problems their customer service is there to catch you with kind prompt service. The reports with Lightspeed Retail have helped us make changes that have improved our small Brick and Morter retail store.

Minpunten: It is expensive and a big financial commitment and yet worth it.

My lightspeed experience.

Beoordeeld op 23-8-2018
Tino R.
Owner/Operator
Restaurants, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The thing I love the most about lightspeed is it's flexibility. When I'm in the middle of service, everything has to efficient. Moving items around and splitting them has to be intuitive and fixing mistakes has to be simple. Lightspeed satisfies all these things.

Minpunten: The only negative thing that can be said about lightspeed is a problem that is common with any piece of of software. Lagging. In 10 years of working in the service industry every software I have used has had problems with lag.

Best Retail Improvement

Beoordeeld op 29-3-2019
Julie B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We recently switched to Lightspeed from a different POS, and I can't say enough great things. They helped us seamlessly switch during December so we would be fully operational at the beginning of the new year. Any time I reach out to Customer Support, the service is wonderful, and my questions are fully answered during my call. They go over and beyond to ensure my satisfaction each and every time. We have almost 9,000 different products, and I wish we would have gone with Lightspeed two years ago when we opened. Lightspeed excels with inventory management and eCom synchronization. My vendors love the format of my purchase orders, and it is very easy to receive new inventory! I was able to train our four employees in less than an hour! If on the fence in choosing companies, you will not regret making Lightspeed your winning choice!

Pluspunten: My inventory is finally right after being in business for two years! Doing a physical count of inventory was simple with the capabilities of running multiple inventory stations at once. Lightspeed Loyalty is seamlessly integrated! Lightspeed has amazing eCom synchronization.

Minpunten: I know it sounds cliche, but I don't have a least. My only area of concern, is the credit account prints as a transaction ticket instead of invoice. Once my vendor know this change, it hasn't been a problem.

Love my Lightspeed POS

Beoordeeld op 13-10-2018
Linda W.
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I think it has been great. At the time I bought this system there wasn't another POS with integrated web sites

Pluspunten: I'm a small Kids Boutique and Lightspeed is a great system for me. I wanted a system that would work hard for me so I would have to have many systems to do the same job. I am always learning new features and the help line is always available to help me figure out things.

Minpunten: Picture loading could be easier and size for the space provided for uploads. I would like to see more items can have photos. Limited to 10 photos right now even though your matrix could have more or different angled pictures, like for shoes.

Good product but I hope they keep improving

Beoordeeld op 2-2-2019
Vice President
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I like the product and if you have a small business with a mostly retail operation than it can be a great option. I really like the lightspeed POS system

Pluspunten: I have a retail business and I like that this fairly seamlessly connects to my instore lightspeed POS
there are lots of customization options

Minpunten: Some of the functionality is limited - can't put in videos for products yet
I also don't love that you have to pay extra for some plug ins and there are limited ones to choose from

Some odd programming choices that make things harder than they should be.

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2018
Christine G.
Bookstore Manager
Detailhandel, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I am truly afraid to see what kind of inventory count discrepancies we'll have at the end of the year based on the way the year started with the most random and enormous cluster of import issues.
The software, as a whole has some odd programming choices that I never would have thought to ask about before signing on -- because they're completely foreign to every other POS system I've used, like who would think to ask if they allow negative numbers?
They're cloud-based, which is great for accessing remotely but also allows them to be constantly updating which can cause issues. I wish that they would update at specific intervals and provide customers with update logs.

Pluspunten: Their customer support generally tries to be helpful and you can almost always reach someone.
They maintain a suggestion board and try to address common issues there.

Minpunten: 1. Doesn't do "negative on hand" but instead auto-adds to inventory (sometimes auto-receiving from PO's) which can make actual inventory tracking a complicated nightmare.
2. Non-intuitive search which is not inclusive of all fields.
3. Inability to track total changes before finalizing inventory counts.
4. Some serious randomness in auto-combining items during initial import. This caused us HOURS and HOURS of extra labor and things are still not entirely right months later.
5. Complete inability to search custom fields. As a bookstore, we need to be able to search by author - but author is a custom field, so completely unsearchable. We ended up having to make put all our author names in the "brand" field to make them searchable. It's almost useless if the author has numerous co-authors.

Lightspeed OnSite Point of Sale

Beoordeeld op 6-3-2019
Jeffrey S.
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Lightspeed has been a great company to work with. Their tech support team does a good job helping troubleshoot issues and providing work flows (i.e. work arounds).

Pluspunten: Lightspeed OnSite is a unique product since it runs on Apple OS. We have found this OS to be easier to employ across our retail environment and alleviates some security concerns. Installation and upgrades are easy to apply and maintain. Day-to-day register operations are not lacking and are on par with the leading point of sale systems.

Minpunten: OnSite is lacking in back office integrations. While it does provide reasonable reporting facilities their is no ability to do a free form query. We also find the system to run sluggishly and find the need to do system restarts on a regular basis. We have been using this software for 5+ years and there is no way to archive transactions. I believe that the size of our database - 250K products, 150K+ invoices and POs is at the root of the speed declines. OnSite does not have a clean interface for integrating with a web store. Proceed carefully if you are going to use this system in conjunction with e-commerce.

Great value with AMAZING support

Beoordeeld op 22-1-2019
Lynn H.
Creative director
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to use. After 5 years we are very happy with our decision to switch our company over to Lightspeed. We now have better relationships with our customers, we know their names, we communicate regularly with them. They have a support team that is vastly superior to any I have ever used.

Minpunten: Some things require duplicative efforts.

Great Product

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019
Marcus S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Highly recommend to anyone who wants simple inventory management for large volume of skews, or for anyone who has combined retail and ecomm stores.

Pluspunten: -Simplicity of use.
-Great for managing lots of products
-ecomm and retail inventory integration
-quick product creation
-multi matrix option

Minpunten: -no negative inventory yet
-more customization on the ecomm side would be nice

Best Bang for the Buck for our furniture business

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2018
Jen D.
Meubels, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: After comparing many products like Lightspeed, we ultimately made the choice to go with Lightspeed because of price and needed features. There are other programs with more features, but for our small business, Lightspeed had what we needed for 25% of the cost of its closest company in our comparison.
The tech support has been very workable and our non-tech savvy staff has bendable to transition from all paper inventory/receipts to Lightspeed in a short time. We deliberately waited to add the E-com feature until we felt everyone was pretty comfortable with the general retail program first. That proced to be a good choice.

Pluspunten: The reporting features
Professional look
Excellent tech support

Minpunten: The grouping of items to sell in a set could be done smoother.