Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Gebruiksgemak
  • Klantenservice

Over Lightspeed Retail

Dit cloudgebaseerde POS centraliseert voorraadbeheer, werknemersbeheer, verkooprapportage en boekhouding op verschillende locaties en kanalen.

Meer informatie over Lightspeed Retail

Reviews filteren (823)

Productscore

Productscore

Beschikbaar in deze landen

Beschikbaar in deze landen

Gebruik

Sorteren op

Heb je Lightspeed Retail eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (823)

Zondre W.
Zondre W.
General Manager in VS

Great integrated system

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Lightspeed has been great. We have been using it for over a year and it has met my expectations. Whenever I request help, which isn't that often anymore they are quick to respond.

The best feature of LIghtspeed is the analytics package. As a senior manager you can spend a lot of time calculating your performance manually in excel. But the Analytics package takes care of all of that. It's easy to see the performance of your inventory, employees and marketing at any time. There are also a lot of apps that work with Lightspeed that make it the most functional POS system I've used. The fact that the ecommerce is integrated as well makes it a great fully integrated system. You could pay a lot more to piece together all the of the systems you need. Or you could spend a huge amount of money creating a custom system.

There are some small idiosyncrasies like not adjusting sync times for your local time zone. So, yesterday is never accurate you have to wait for the next days sync to get have accurate information. I would also like to be able to have our time management app sync employee time to Lightspeed so we don't have to enter it manually. I've given up on tracking employee hourly performance for this reason. Or if they offered a better time clock management natively that would help. I'd also like them to include the previous year comparisons in their dashboard. And, I'd like to look at seasonal performance rather than just month to month and week to week.

Overwogen alternatieven: Clover, Shopify POS en Vend

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: I wanted a cloud based integrated system

Overgestapt van: Clover, Shopify POS en Vend

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: I looked at a couple of others too that I can't remember. A lot of them had great features, but none of them had all of the features to have a fully integrated system for our customers to shop online or in person. And, none of them had the analytics tools that Lightspeed has.

Freelancer in Filipijnen
Telecommunicatie, 501-1.000 werknemers

The Point of Sale solution

4 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, the software does a great job in helping Accountants, managers and front liners in the Retail industry. What's great is that it integrates with ECommerce to be more efficient in selling your products out there, not just from the brick and mortar setup, but in the online as well.

I tinkered with this software and got ot know this from the inside and out. I like the functionalities as it allows you to break free from the spreadsheet and manual entry. Gone are the days of tallying and doing adjustments on a piece of paper. It has filter functions for reporting, it auto calculates taxes by assigning it in the initial setup, browser printing integration, you can conveniently import inventory from a csv file to your POS system and export those reports in a csv format. The hardware associated to it works seamlessly like the tablets, scanners, and printers. Although , it endorses Apple products, it works perfectly fine with Windows operating systems. It also has a companion product which is called Lightspeed Accounting that is comparable to Quickbooks

A few bugs are slowly being fixed as each maintenance and update is released, just like any other software. Although workarounds can be done to remedy it, but you'd have to seek assistance from Tech Support.

Overwogen alternatieven: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: We were after functionalities that Lightspeed can provide. Although both of them are similar, the interface is more user-friendly compared to Quickbooks. And that is important for us, since learning a new tool can be taxing with the time you need to spend navigating and learning it from the inside and out.

Astrid Y.
wine director in Canada
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers

Massive improvements and proactive customer support

5 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: n/a

Initially we had problems getting support because they were very short-staffed. However they have done a lot to improve this aspect and I am confident that every time we call our support person will respond quickly and be able to solve our problem.

It was a little more difficult to implement than some other systems, so more of a learning curve for users. Also there are some product features that have some limitations at the moment but I think they will be resolved.

Derrick R.
President in Canada
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers

Not for restaurants

1 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We had purchased the system for 3 of our establishments, and only installed it in 1 of them as a trial. Because of how bad it was, we decided to cancel our service. Even though we had not installed the other 2 locations and had used the product for 3 month in the one installed, they are forcing us to abide by our 3 year contract and pay the full amounts. Even with having to cover that cost, which is completely unreasonable because 2 of the services were not installed, it is still much better and efficient for us to switch to another more functional service such as Cluster or Maitre-D. I would not recommend this to anyone who has a restaurant.

Looks nice if you spend the time to set it up

Lightspeed has been a horror for us since the start. What we were presented at during the sales meeting made us very excited and happy, but the second the contract was signed, for our 3 locations everything went down hill. I had to pull teeth and send multiple messages and to get our installation done on time. And even at that they finished doing it opening day, and were debugging while we had to serve clients. And that is a whole other story. The product itself looks good but really does not work for a restaurant. Little things like having a single client pay without closing the full table is not possible. Servers need to figure out all these ways/trick to speed up service without being slowed down by Lightspeed. Items cannot be sent to multiple locations at ones (if something come from both the kitchen and bar like a Caeser with bacon) The reports are terrible. Items are split up in ways were the they are split if clients have payed 1/2 or 1/3 of the amount. So items like Natchos that are group type items, to no how many have been sold you need to add the full one, the 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6, .... amounts. So extracting any information takes a long time. Many of the reports have numerical errors in them, and as such they cannot be trusted. Also, tyring to export hourly sales or receipts all have wrong times on them (our restaurant closes at 1am, yet it still show receipts until 5am) It is not possible to use the inventory option in bar because they can only have units, it

Reactie Lightspeed

3 jaar geleden

Hi Derrick, We apologize that you are disappointed with your Lightspeed Restaurant experience. We see that have been speaking with a senior member of our Customer Success team who is working with you to addressing your concerns. We would be happy to continue to work with you in resolving the matter, and coming to an amicable solution.

Kaleigh M.

Worth every cent!

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I am beyond ecstatic to be able to track my inventory in real time, manage payroll hours with ease, add items and price them almost instantly, and so much more! This is a major upgrade for my small business!

I love the inventory tracking from anywhere, the ease of entering and pricing my inventory, and the setup process and new POS - basically I love EVERYTHING!

I have been using this system for a few months and have yet to come across anything negative.

Overwogen alternatieven: Revel Systems, Aloha EPOS, Epos Now en Square Point of Sale

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: I went from my business running like it was in the 90s to something modern and generally time-saving.

Overgestapt van: SAM4

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Best bang for the buck - it had everything I needed for inventory tracking/managment, employee clocking, analytics, and remote viewing in one stop.

Andrew D.
Manging Partner in VS
Kleding en mode, 11-50 werknemers

Packs some punch among the punchless

4 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We are a 40 year Brick and Mortar AND E-commerce company that carries 1000s of unique skus. Needing a software that is heavier than just the POS is essential. Inventory management and the ability to integrate with E-commerce was a non-negotiable for my next POS.
Lightspeed does have some frequent, mostly minor bugs, it is nice that they constantly update and enhance their program. There often seems to be a disconnect between software designers and the retail experience, but this program bridges the data management needed to go with the point of sale functionality.
Product management has been efficient. Customer service has been very helpful via telephone or chat and are always available which is nice. Even better, the amounts of time to need to contact customer service is minimal. After one year of use, I can say I use this program with confidence and I believe it packs the punch needed to handle scale.

Customer Support is included and accessible Intuitive Useful for heavy amounts of inventory Cloud Based Accessible via multiple operating systems Integrated with Cayan for seamless transition from my previous POS Has extensions that enable enhanced reporting, loyalty and ecommerce integration Updates are included

Frequently Buggy UX issues at times E-commerce integration is through third party Advanced Reporting is an additional cost and is still poorly designed and buggy Long waits for Customer Support Widespread Outages do Occur

Overwogen alternatieven: Retail Pro en Shopify

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: We found limitations in integrations with e-commerce as well as difficulty with the licensing for Retail Pro. Not being cloud computing was very limiting, customer service being an additional fee was frustrating and that same customer service torpedoing our system and the backup was the death knell

Overgestapt van: Retail Pro

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Most cloud POS seemed geared for start up or micro retail. Lightspeed had the best blend of power needed to handle a sizable company as well as the agility to be cloud based and utilize mobile platforms. The ability to have an integration with Shopify as well as the integrated customer support was the perfect nudge to migrate to Lightspeed

Kim B.
Co-owner in VS

Love Lightspeed

5 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Excellent. Everyone is timely, helpful, knowledgeable, and polite.

The staff are always very helpful and understanding whenever questions arise.

I feel that there is a lot to learn and that we are only scratching the surface of what Lightspeed could be doing for our business. Not the fault of the software, just that there is a lot to learn.

Overwogen alternatieven: Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Highly recommended by mentors and better price with more support.

Patrice T.
Detailhandel, Zelfstandig ondernemer

Invest in your pos

5 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: If you want you compagny to work, invest in a pos that does what it need to be done, that is what I did with lightspeed and I enjoy every second of it. Many feature save me several hours of work per week and they realy did a superb reserchs jobs on building a software that work with retail and its not a additional feature to a restaurant pos.

The inventory management feature is juste great, it does everything it need to be whit minimal restriction, import feature for large supplier order is a must. Save me several hours a week

The restriction in UPC digit make some of my item UPC useless (item from China with irregular upc) and I have to create a upc myself

Natalie H.
Automotive, 2-10 werknemers

better at accounting then powersports organization

3 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Though it made my life a lot easier, I just did not find it worth the money.

Inventory, part history etc... was all very helpful and user friendly, scanners & inventory integration was also a great help.

The scheduler was no user friendly. You could only schedule a customer on a specific date, but not a time, they had made some changes throughout my experience using the system, but it was never quite right. Also, a big one, was that it was not Canadian compatible.

Overwogen alternatieven: Quickbooks Online

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: It was supposed to be more garage / power sports specific, and it was.

Reactie Lightspeed

vorig jaar

Hello Natalie, Thank you for your feedback. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. As we are unable to identify your business, please feel free to contact us at your convenience: 1(844) 365-2868. Our Customer Success team would be more than happy to connect with you. Thank you, Lightspeed POS

Blase D.
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Perfect product for a small brick and morter store

5 3 maanden geleden

Easy to set up, add items to inventory. Very intuitive.

iPad printing issues, but easy to work around

Overwogen alternatieven: Square for Retail

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Lightspeed seemed like an overall better product.

Ronald C.
Service Writer in VS
Maritiem, 11-50 werknemers

Have been using CDK for many years for Maintience & Repair set opp DMS system.

5 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Over all, I have always liked to way the system has operated, The functions and the data inputting controls are easier than most other DMS systems that i have tried.

I have always like the way the system is produced from the Service personnel's prospective & The way CDK tries to customize the product for each of the specific user's or Locations.

I think this system could be improved by having the ability to communicate with & Be programed with available patches to adapt the system to communicate and share info with all other outside vendor's and the coinciding systems that they use. Every company will have separate systems all that are needed for what type of Service it provides. - IE. *( Scheduling a Boat's launch for Valet Service or for Spring launch of boats for pickups ect. ) *( A customer Text communications program for Receiving, Sending or Monitoring text conversations ect.) Each will always require some type of outside applications like those for that specific company to operate and function more efficiently over what is offered in any DMS System. I believe this to be true for all software DMS company's on the market & this is including light speed EVO. Is it impossible to Make an Automotive or Marine type DMS system that all Info could be shared across to and back from any of The other software system types that are used externally? I believe that would be a great benefit for any and all company's that need a DMS Fixed operations type Repair or Maintience operating systems.

Todd D.
Meubels, 2-10 werknemers

Good Product

5 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The overall experience has been excellent. I am most impressed with the support I have received from Lightspeed. Phone in wait times have been very reasonable at this point. When I have spoken to a tech they have been excellent in understanding my question and providing a solution.... at times working outside the box to create the best result with the conditions present.

The start up process was easy to follow along. Great tutorial videos and resources to answer the basic questions. Was easy to set up the codes, pricing and inventory organization.

There was some frustration using matrix's and understanding assemblies. Each business is different obviously... the use of matrix was great at the start but becomes limiting later on for integration to the webstore. Assemblies are cumbersome for automatic ordering.

Overwogen alternatieven: Shopify POS en Square Point of Sale

Overgestapt van: Shopify POS en Square Point of Sale

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: The free trial helped me make up my mind. I had two colleagues using Lightspeed and in speaking to them both are very happy with the product.

Chrysie R.
Manager in VS
Sportartikelen, 11-50 werknemers

Think beyond initial implementation

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We are aware that every system has something to complain about. Overall we are happy with performance and support from LightSpeed. It's reliable and with the small amount of problems we have we are pleased.

It's a relatively easy system to navigate. Permission settings are acceptable. Reporting is decent but all very basic unless you purchase Analytics. We use the software for multiple locations but keep separate inventories at each location. We can easily see inventory at other locations, transfer inventory from store to store effortlessly. Creating inventory items is easy as well as setting up pricing rules. Able to customize receipts, labels, and transfer paperwork with some HTML knowledge. Sales are smooth as well. Split payments are pretty easy and relatively intuitive.

No really good way to do rentals. We are a tennis shop and rent/demo racquets. We had to come up with our own solution. B2C eCom is great - and can use the existing inventory; we have it set up as a separate location so we can see all inventory across eCom and retail - until you want to add B2B. It's difficult and expensive to add B2B and have it work the same as eCom. We learned, much later, that we need to have a separate website, a separate database of inventory and we would not have visibility into this inventory from our retail or eCom side. Huge disappointment. The eCom module is not native to LS. They purchased the product and have integrated it into LS - so their APIs won't even allow you to have that visibility. Support is good for the most part. Simple things, but, holy smokes the printing!!! First, you have to use Firefox to get the printing to work at all. But Firefox constantly loses the printer default settings. So swithching printers throughout the day between labels, transfers, receipts...causes Firefox to throw up allover the printer settings. This happens daily, sometimes several times during the day. It's ridiculous. Support doesn't give a good answer - they tell us to follow the documentation. But that doesn't fix anything. Many times during the day we have to go back into the Firefox configuration and reset the default printer. Painful.

Leanna B.

Great Product with Great Customer Service

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Lightspeed is very responsive, not just in sales but in the IT service. They are quick to respond and have always worked patiently with us to resolve any problems, which usually are down to user error. I believe the cost/benefit ratio is optimal and have no plans to seek another POS/ECommerce at this time.

I really appreciate the seamless integration between the POS and the eCommerce. I also really like that this is all web-based, so that a computer can be used for the interface rather than a cash register that will only serve one function. When there is a problem, Lightspeed is usually ahead of me in giving notice that there is one and gives the approximate timing for the fix. Also, if you have both components and the payment processor is down (like at Christmas), you can easily set up the purchase online and your customer can process their goods and walk out of the shop a happy customer.

It feels like the frameworks for the eCommerce should be a little easier to use, but I've had much less robust platforms. Also, I'm still trying to find a better solution for shipping for the kind of shop that I have, but don't actually blame Lightspeed. It would be great if there were a more integrated and less expensive phone app add-on for shopping.

Overwogen alternatieven: Shopify, GoDaddy Website Builder en Square Point of Sale

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: I didn't like the platform. It wasn't made for a business like mine.

Overgestapt van: Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: I needed a robust POS that made it easy to retail the handmade products that we craft in our shop. We often have multiple versions of the same product in regard to scent and quantity. Also, the ability to monitor the inventory for both the brick-and-mortar and the eCommerce portions of our business is invaluable. I have stayed with them, because they didn't stop with their superior customer service after the contracts were signed. It also seems like a system that will grow with us. I chose them, when I was taking my business from a kitchen "cottage" style business to a full time shop with eCommerce. I don't regret it.

Steve J.
Steve J.

A great all-inclusive system

5 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Our industry was using a server-based software which was cumbersome and VERY outdated. Switching to Lightspeed has allowed me to more easily fulfil online orders, process transactions remotely, and communicate with our customer base more effectively.

Integration across POS, eCommerce, Accounting, Data Analytics is excellent. We have been able to increase both sales and efficiency with this system. The accounting feature and its daily export to QuickBooks allows me to spend only a few minutes each day keeping books up to date. It certainly makes year-end a breeze. Lightspeed Analytics is an invaluable resource for forecasting and identifying areas of opportunity. Customer support is available 24/7 and if they aren't able to answer my question immediately, I have received a timely follow-up within a day or two.

There are some work-arounds that I have implemented. It would be nice to have the option for recurring billing and serial number tracking (not just adding a serial number to an item) as well as a better protocol for backordered items on Purchase Orders.

Overwogen alternatieven: Rain POS

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: Easy choice. Transitioning from a local server based software to a cloud based system was the first priority. After seeing what else Lightspeed had to offer, I immediately made the change.

Overgestapt van: AIM

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: When I was ready to purchase Rain, the sales team kept putting me off time and time again. If that was indicative of their customer service, I knew it wouldn't be the right fit for me.

A great system overall

5 11 maanden geleden

The ease of use for my staff is great. We also love the ability to add purchase orders and receive them with ease. Our old system did not have this. I also like that it has great inventory management. We just did a recent inventory count and that went so much easier than in years past. Also, the reporting is overall very good. It gives you a good insight into your data.

The Ecom side could use a lot of work. I would love to see a better way to do discounts and markdowns. The way it is set up now is very complicated and makes it a lot harder for us retailers to use. For the retail side, I would love to see a green light button on both the email receipt and email purchase order side. Sometimes I click send email but I can't remember if I actually hit send. A Green/red light would be helpful. Lastly, I would love to see a feature that incorporates a discount on items when receiving a purchase order. Currently, there is a box to input the % discount of $ off but it does not get incorporated into the product cost.

Overwogen alternatieven: Shopify POS, Heartland Retail en Vend

Overgestapt van: Shopify POS, Heartland Retail en Vend

Justin S.
General Manager in VS
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

Best decision we ever made

5 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: The experience has been fantastic. The support staff and sales team have been great. The ease of use is something very special compared to their competition. It has allowed our business to prosper in these uncertain times.

Being able to always be connected to our point of sale via my phone or computer, no matter where I am has been crucial. With Lightspeed being cloud based, I can work from anywhere I want. I am able to ring up customers on my phone if needed, create purchase orders from trade shows, and stay connected to customers at all times.

There aren't any real issues that we have had with Lightspeed. They are continuing to improve the workflow with Lightspeed eCom which will only make the overall package even better.

Overwogen alternatieven: Shopify en Square Point of Sale

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: We needed something easy to use, something cloud based, and the ability to completely integrate with our website. Lightspeed made this possible for us overnight.

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Shopify seems to be build for a website instead of a retail brick and mortar shop with a website. Lightspeed is perfect for a retailer who wants to take their business online and grow.

Carol B.

Why I Chose Lightspeed

5 12 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I especially love the 24 hour help desk.

Customer service is available 24 hours. During the pandemic obviously the wait time for help took longer but most of the time it was efficient and easy to implement. I am a technological dinosaur and the learning curve was an uphill battle but customer service always came through for me. So happy that the payment options finally were added.

It has taken me longer than I had expected to integrate my existing business with Lightspeed but that could be because of the pandemic and the wait time involved to get help. I am having difficulties getting my website finished so I can integrate with e-commerce. I wish the billing and administrative department was open on weekends.

Overwogen alternatieven: Shopify POS

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: I didnt like dealing with all the apps in Shopify

Overgestapt van: Shopify POS

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: I felt that Lightspeed was a complete package that looked professional and was relatively easy to use once the basic principles were in place. The move into e-commerce would be smooth.

Michael G.
Store Manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Great system for all small businesses

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Excellent experience with Lightspeed, I would recommend this platform to any small or medium sized business.

Lightspeed is very user friendly and easy to teach employees how to use it. The reporting is top-notch and they even can help you create custom reports which was very important to us. Customer service is excellent and always very responsive.

It would be great if it came with a built in CRM or integrated with one like Salesforce. It's great for franchisees, as a small business, but for the franchisor it may not have all the functionality needed to roll it out to the entire corporate system.

Overwogen alternatieven: Clover, PHP Point of Sale, ERPLY, Revel Systems, Epos Now, Odoo en QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: Opsuite is not very user friendly, reporting was very lacking and clunky, and for what you get it's very expensive.

Overgestapt van: OpSUITE

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Had all the features we needed at a great value.

Ian C.
Director & Handyman in Jamaica
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

Lightspeed ROCKS!!!

Opmerkingen: AMAZING

We operate 4 Cannonball Cafés in Jamaica. This is our second year of using Lightspeed. When we bought the business in 2016, we installed another company's system which, after a few months use, revealed it's weakness for use in a multi-unit business. We plodded along for awhile under the "Better to stay with the Devil you know..." philosophy until a sharp eyed customer got very upset because she noticed the price of one of our specialty coffees at one location was vastly different from another location... we had made a late night keystroke mistake entering the updated prices! What caught our eye with Lightspeed was the powerful Back-of-House infrastructure that allows us to make REMOTE CHANGES to our menus, our controls etc IN AN INSTANT on our phones, tablets or computers: last year on a trip to China, we got a text from one of our managers requesting a menu addition - somewhere over the Pacific at 40,000 feet, my wife added the item and went back to sleep!!!! The level of detail that supports our business goes far beyond what we could imagine - while a lot of detail & thought has to go into setting up Lightspeed initially, that effort pays dividends when using the system. Finally, the support we get from the Technical Support team is amazing - the Techs are all very well trained, are extremely knowledgeable and can resolve problems that are outside their Lightspeed purview: in September, a store was having a weird connectivity problem that was traced by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Te

Have not found anything to dislike about it.

Donna A.
Consultant in Britse Maagdeneilanden
Horeca, 11-50 werknemers

Easy to build, train and implement

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I worked with other POS systems in the past and find Lightspeed much more user friendly than the others. You can build your menu in literally a few hours and the flexibility is amazing! I have not come across a single scenario in the build that isn't already addressed within the system. And the video tutorials are well done, explaining processes step by step,
The technical support team are quick to respond and follow through issues to resolution. I recommended Lightspeed to two colleagues already and will continue to share my positive experiences with others.

*Ability to build system at any location *Ease of use *Well produced self help videos *Ability to delete mistakes *Helpful technical support team *Integration with Cloudbeds

The end of day closing process is not as clear as it could be

Overwogen alternatieven: Revel Systems

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: The switch was not within this company, but in my recommendation to use Lightspeed over Revel. Overall easier to build and train others to allow turnkey management of the system once built. I consult with businesses here to build their POS systems and recommend LS every time

Overgestapt van: Revel Systems

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: as above

Owner | Webmaster | SysAdmin | Research & Development in VS
Kleding en mode, 11-50 werknemers

Solid eCommerce Platform

5 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I currently use both Lightspeed eCom & Retail (Omni-channel). This helps our retail store and online store stay synced and makes life easier for employees. Now, all POS sales and eCom sales are in one platform that is easy to use for our employees. If a customer purchases an item in our retail store, ecommerce inventory stays updated.

I really like that I am able to customize our website and integrate third party apps & APIs easily. And the customer service, the customer service is top notch! Through migration and implementation, the Lightspeed team was right there. At a moment's notice, I can chat with the team or give them a call. Although I may be a one-woman tech team, I have help! It's such a blessing to have a support team for our business. It has been easy to integrate all of our business critical resources and provide a more unified experience for our employees. Employees can access customer data, order data, shipping data, marketing data and product data in one platform. I've been able to customize our store template to our specific business needs and design requirements. It's been a developer's dream.

My main dislike is that I don't have FTP access to my files on LS servers. This would be extremely helpful to optimize our images as needed. I also would like to upload customer data myself. At this time, to upload customer data in bulk, I have to send the data to Lightspeed for import. More options for discounts and coupons would be helpful - BOGO, Buy 2 Get One, or FREE Shipping codes based on domestic addresses only (not international).

Allison L.
Detailhandel, 11-50 werknemers

Best decision I made for my business!

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, I would recommend Lightspeed POS to any other retailer (especially clothing and shoes) in a heartbeat! If you have been manually counting inventory and have no customer sales data, this is a must. It was easy to set up and continued to be easy to use for me and my employees. The cloud based feature is perfect because I never have to worry about backing up important data and I can "see" my business from any device with internet access. It's brilliant.

Lightspeed POS provided instant inventory, sales, customer and employee data that was missing from my retail business. It was relatively easy to set up and I had lots of support! The amount of information we now have about our retail business is staggering and it allowed us to connect multiple locations which made inventory transfer a breeze!

I had hoped for an integrated Loyalty program from the start (this has now been launched). We were manually keeping track of points for our customers which became tedious and inaccurate quickly. The new Loyalty is a good start but it feels a bit clumsy at times and not as customizable as I would like. Sometimes inventory issues pop up when items are returned. For example, special orders from one location that are added to a purchase order for our main location, automatically show in stock at the needed location when simply checked in at main location. This can cause confusion as they are not physically at the needed location just yet. They have to be physically transferred but should not be added to inventory or received once they arrive (they were already there!). This took us a while to figure out and caused many inventory numbers to get out of whack.

Overwogen alternatieven: Microsoft Project en Quickbooks Online

Overgestapt van: Microsoft Project en Quickbooks Online

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Lightspeed POS was cloud-based (which I'm a fan of), required minimal equipment cost layout at the beginning, they had monthly payment options, support was included, it had features to include inventory, purchasing, reporting, customer data (previous purchases), employee virtual time cards, integration with my e-commerce needs (real-time inventory), multi-location abilities, matrices for products that come in multiple sizes and colours.

Sr. Analyst in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Best POS System in the Business

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We had two separate Retail POS systems in our organization. One was so antiquated it had to be replaced and the second one was experiencing issues everyday and the support was lousy. We purchased LightSpeed. I had the Retail Operators go through the setup videos and make decisions on how they wanted to setup the system based on the videos. Then, when the Operators completed their training, I had them configure LightSpeed themselves based on what they learned and the decisions they made. We then entered the inventory and the rest is history. I would recommend LightSpeed to anyone looking for a retail POS no matter what size.

I have installed numerous POS systems in my 30+ years of experience. LightSpeed is by far the most comprehensive system, yet easiest system to implement and use. There support mechanism is second to none. If you look your question up in help, there will be documentation to answer your question, and chances are there is a video that walks you step by step through the solution. If you feel like you want to get live help, there chat mechanism is one of the best, better yet, the support people on the chat are the most patient and knowledgeable support people in the business. Simply the best.

I don't have any comments for this section

Overwogen alternatieven: Bindo POS

Redenen om voor Lightspeed Retail te kiezen: Previous system just was not capable of doing what we purchased it to do.

Overgestapt van: Bindo POS

Redenen om over te stappen op Lightspeed Retail: Price and product

Shawn E.

Best business purchase EVER

5 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: After investing in a competing product and being incredibly disapointed, we were faced with a tough decision; do we make the change to lightspeed only a month after investing $$$ that we did not get any value from?
We decided to make the jump and were rewarded with the best upgrade our business has ever seen. This system is very easy to use. We have saved money and become more organized through efficient inventory management. Lightspeed has made our customers happy throughfast and organized checkout and allowed our staff to be the best they can be. Our service department has never been more organized. I feel like it has consolidated multiple areas of management and allowed more time to fucus on business. We re-invested for multi-years and could not ask for more from a POS.

Lightspeed is easy and efficient to operate. From training new employees to hectic busy days, Lightspeed reduces human errors and allows our staff and business to achieve their fullest potential.

As a relatively small business, it would be nice to have different register modes for convenience without purchasing an add on register.