Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over eClinicalWorks

eClinicalWorks is een IT-leider in de gezondheidszorg met innovatieve, aanpasbare elektronische medische dossiers (EMD's) en Practice Management (PM).

Meer informatie over eClinicalWorks

I use this software daily. I love the fax feature the most.

Need to enter a ticket even for simple fixes that should be a phone call. Sales seem to be all US based, but customer service is overseas and VERY difficult to understand at times.

Beoordelingen van eClinicalWorks

3,3
2,8
3,3
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
3,0

eClinicalWorks heeft een totaalscore van 3,3 van 5 sterren op basis van 364 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je eClinicalWorks eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (364)

Knott
Knott
Cardiovascular Research Supervisor in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

eClinicalWorks is my personal favorite eMR for medical practices

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This is a much less cumbersome software than that used in other offices.

I like the search patient feature - if two patients have the same or similar names, it alerts you. It would be easy to click on the wrong patient in error. All the chart documents are organized intuitively so it is very easy to find a specific document you are looking for. Also, as soon as you pull up the patient, it shows the date of the last visit and date of the next upcoming visit. Also, printing is smooth and no trouble to set up.

The progress notes are semi-prepopulated, which could lead to information getting into the note that you did not intend to.

Justin
Owner/ lead physician in VS

Great Difficulties Discontinuing Service

4,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Terrible to disconnect from with misinformation and fraudulent billing despite clear records of trying to cancel services.

It is a usable EMR that helped productivity and was fairly intuitive

I delayed writing my review hoping ecw would settle my issue. I’ve been charged even after selling my practice completely last December and after full transitions of ownership am still billed fully! This is considerable ongoing cost and my issues are:1) In December when I sold out we requested services terminate as the new [sensitive content hidden] took over.2) We were given incorrect information we could not cancel due to contract, then we’re told we could have cancelled anytime by clicking a button3) Verified by [sensitive content hidden] our ECW contact he sees we requested cancellation after selling back in December and again every month, HE ALSO did screen sharing and confirmed our software lacks “the button” to cancel ecw,4) we are still being billed and cannot cancel!!!

Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 11-50 werknemers

Outpatient charting,

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: As stated above, many years ago used the software when a family practice was switching from paper to EMR. There was not a good way to do this and wish there was. However the software itself was easy to use and learn. Love the interface ability and secure messaging for patients.

Ability to integrate with other clinics and facilities. Team learned it quickly.

Not as many features as Epic or Cerner, however feel works well for outpatient practice. First used with transition to EMR from paper records and wish there had been a more efficient way to do.

Anna
Manager in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Poor training, Horrible customer service, very expensive monthly fee, incomplete set up

1,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: it's been a battle from day one, starting with their un-organized and poor training week for physicians and staff, having incompetent trainer, charging for a trainer who's knowledge base was zero, forcing clients to pay for trainers air fair even if their BAD, they will

patient scheduling is good, we were told reports are great but it was not at all good or user friendly.

No upper management, no one is there if you have complains, you're on your own. During the demo they promise you the moon and the stars but deliver nothing

Henry
CSR Supervisor in VS
Medische praktijk, 11-50 werknemers

eClinical works work just fine

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

it is friendly using and can get support

need to create a ticket for support then wait for a call, will be better just to call and start resolving

Douglas
Douglas
Medische praktijk, 2-10 werknemers

Best EMR to lengthen your workday! If you get paid by the hour you'll get rich!

1,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It is tedious to use, so many clicks it's unbelievable. I honestly believe that they pay the coders by the number of clicks the user is forced to do. It takes you out of the chart if you look up any info on a patient so you have to go back to you schedule screen and reselect the patient to get back into the progress note. The top of the page says "Allergies". Can you click on it and see the patient's allergies? No! you have to click on Medical summary and wait for it to generate the page popup then scroll to the section that has allergies. Then close the popup to get back to your page. When writing prescriptions, it never remembers the patient's pharmacy. You have to click the pharmacy and click "save as favorite" EVERY TIME! Then it takes to the next screen which forces you to do the same thing again. Also it doesn't "know" I am the provider writing the Rx so I have to go to the list and scroll down to find my name EVERY TIME! If a patient call in and needs a refill, I have to enter a telephone visit (which I didn't take part in) implies I spoke to the patient and then from there enter the prescription with all the tedious things listed above. What's funny is there is an "Rx" button across the top of the page in any given chart. Unfortunately, that button only shows the current meds and there are several tabs NONE OF WHICH SHOW ALLERGIES, and nowhere on that medication summary where you can write a prescription. Patient lookup doesn't keep a history, so if you go into a chart then have to access another part of the record as I mentioned above it takes you out of the chart. Then when you need to go back into the chart, you have to enter all the lookup information again! It should have a little dropdown history of recently accessed charts. If you are in a given patient's chart and need to send the nurse a note on that patient, you go to Create Note and then select the recipient. Incredibly, the note does not attach or connect to the patient whose chart you are sending from! The first time it happened, the nurse asked me who I was talking about in the note because it had no patient info on it! It's just one unbelievable thing after another. For OB, they don't have a dedicated OB visit. What they do is make a hybrib where you toggle between the flow sheet which is kind of the running pregnancy info- and a progress note which is created for each visit. The progress note is the same old progress note you do for a regular visit with ROS, PMH etc. which you don't need for OB vsits since they aren't there for a problem - just keeping tabs on the pregnancy. It also tries to make you do an E/M on every OB visit even though it's a global fee so you have to say no to that every visit.

You can use it on a tablet, they fit a lot of stuff (albeit useless) stuff on the screen

Everything from the tedious login to forcing you to falsify records, to the multiple layer of menus to extra clicks, to making accessing information tedious and difficult, to the onboarding person - not a team- but one person who googled everything we asked because we could see it on her zoom screen even though she didnt' realize it. Good grief, it's total ripoff and the [sensitive content hidden] on down has no clue about medicine. They are in it to mine data in my opinion.

Reactie eClinicalWorks

4 maanden geleden

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Your satisfaction is our priority and in order for us to help you please email us at [email protected].

Brandy
Owner in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Don't Fall For The Small Praacice Scheme

3,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I changed my small office of 2 providers seeing 2-7 patients a week to Eclinicalworks after being told I would be charged 5.99 per encounter for 6 months then switched to 199/provider with 40 encounter limit anything over was 5.99/encounter. WELL, that not the case. It took over 3 months to go live and I only received a bill for encounter only for 2 months. Then I began receiving a bill for both 5.99 a encounter and 199/provider. WHAT?!!! That is not what I was told nor does that make any sense for a small practice trying to grow and not making enough money pay additional money. I still am having issues with features not working on the system yet I'm paying for them after we have complained several times.Now they are switching the explanation that you must have 40 encounters a month to not be charged 5.99 per encounter. Why does this make sense? I have tried getting access to corporate several times has been nothing but a headache and a run around. Then I never recieved a bill for APril and they never sent any information until it was considered in collection. When [sensitive content hidden] called my office and rude and biligerent to my employee. Then I still never received a bill only for MAY and JUNE. Then left us no access to the EMR but expects full payment for the new month when we cannot access it nor bill. THEY ARE A TRAP AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. They do not take responsibility for their mistakes.

NOTHING AT THIS TIME, they have been a headache x 3 months

Constantly having issues with various features telehealth, patient confirmations, encounters, scribe, etc None of it is ever fixed

Sharon
Practice Administrator in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Invoice

3,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: The Strategic Account Manager is constantly changing and he/she providesno support with the company.

Follow up on problems to see if resolved.

Be careful of their invoicing. They have this complex procedure and time element whenterminating a provider. They even wish to interview the terminating medical provider.All notifications need to be within a certain time frame. If not done correctly, theywill continue to invoice you for the terminating provider

Melissa
RN in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 2-10 werknemers

Okay system for smaller practices

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: It was workable for a small office, but I would prefer spending more money on something that is more functional with large healthcare system communication and records access.

It’s not super fussy, and you’re able to set it up for use along with other systems.

It’s not a super intuitive system, a little clunky in its navigation, and I often question how to perform certain functionalities.

LeAnne
Patient services representative in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 10.000+ werknemers

Good softwear but Leary of AI

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

It does help simplify things like documentation and keeping you inboxes up to date

The fact that it is AI generated makes me wonder how safe the info is.

Medische praktijk, 11-50 werknemers

Progressive EHR with lots of options

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've worked with a number of EHRs (NextGen, Practice Fusion, ARIA, Meditech, Athena) and this has overall been my favorite. Most often the complaint I heard from people was the inability to understand the support reps, but compared to other vendors, issues were resolved more quickly. A lot of the offerings are add-ons and do have a cost, but compared to other vendors, I found them significantly more reasonable and thought the product was a very good value. Overall, it worked well. We were cloud based and had very few issues with the hosting. I would definitely recommend.

Vendor is very progressive in developing new features. For example, we could pull data from home blood glucose meters or fit bits into patient visit notes if the patient linked an account through the portal. Tracking for CCM billing was easy and built into the system. Patient engagement features were great, such as automatically notifying patients that prescriptions were sent to the pharmacy, calling for appointment reminders from the schedule and updating responses directly to the appointment. If you need to notify the entire schedule of a provider absence, it's very easy to automatically send out notifications. Lots of technology options for collecting data including inexpensive check-in kiosks and apps for phones and tablets. Software can be an installed application or web based. The software is very flexible in most cases and there are numerous ways to get from/to anywhere in the system quickly. You can open multiple instances of your login to allow you to document in one chart while viewing something else. Integrated faxing made for one less thing to support/review.

Reporting on clinical data is not good at all. It's very difficult to search the database and get accurate results on labs/medical history/diagnoses/etc. We tried RCM services early in their existence and found them very unreliable but that was a number of years ago. Updating note sections during a visit could contain a slight delay when clicking between different sections of the note, but not terrible.

Nazanin
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers

This is not your best option

2,0 3 jaar geleden

The notes are structured nicely, with PMH, SH, etc on the left hand column and everything you care about nicely centered. There are a couple of "sticky notes" on top of the chart that allow you to write personalized notes about the patient (like their hobbies, grandchildren, etc) that does not become part of the note. It is fairly easy to schedule a patient and visualize the schedule both as a list as well as in blocks.

-The customer support is non-existing. You can try asking for many things and their response will always be: "it cannot be done". Meanwhile your medical assistant figured out how to do it by googling the issue while you were wasting your time talking to the tech support. This conditions you never to call customer support. -The system is very complicated. It has many features, bells and whistles, and many of them could be useful to you, but you will never figure it out because 1) there is no customer support; and 2) you don't have the time to surf the web all day for your answer. -There are too many unnecessary clicks for EVERYTHING you do. Some of the clicks were recently added because eCW has been in legal hot waters with the government and they are trying to cover their asses. You cannot opt out of these clicks. It can take 11 clicks to refill a medication. 5 clicks to forward lab tests to another physician. All these clicks are costing you money because you could have seen at least one more patient a day if you were more efficient. -They abruptly and unexpectedly update the program and ALWAYS end up breaking a few features that were working fine before. Then you or your staff will have to spend countless hours on the phone trying to get these things fixed. -They absolutely don't care about their customers. Any complaint you have will fall upon deaf ears. -This system is designed and maintained by a bunch of computer geeks in a lab without any concern for those who use it.

Reactie eClinicalWorks

3 jaar geleden

Hi Nazanin, we're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations. We value customer feedback and how we can improve and better support you in the future. With that being said we do ask that practices open support cases here https://bit.ly/1YL2Hnj or reach out directly to their Strategic Account Managers (SAM) when they do have any problems or questions. We would like to ask that you reach out to your SAM with these problems so they may be addressed.

cheryle
FACH director in VS
Medische praktijk, 51-200 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Great for our small health department

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We spent the time to document our processes and identify areas where we wanted change. When the business analyst came, we were able to concentrate on how we wanted the EMR to work. This is the difference in having someone install an EMR with the "usual" processes and making it work for you. They are very willing to work with you to make the product work for your needs, you just have to identify what you want. If they can't change something (we wanted a couple of languages added to the list in demographics and couldn't because they were not on a standard list) they can work with you to find a solution.

This is a very cost effective EMR for our small health department. We are able to customize progress notes to allow for fast and efficient documentation of immunizations. Messenger can be used to call and cancel patients if an emergency happens and we need to cancel patients. This can be done from the internet anywhere, which can be a big help not to have to go into the office during a severe weather event. We have had very responsive staff from eCW who helped us during customization and implementation. The chat feature on the support portal can give quick answers (except on Friday afternoon). The support techs have always been quick to get back to us. The eCW university that has videos to either train new staff or remind current staff of processes is very valuable. This saves trying to construct training materials on your own.

Data entry for historic immunization records is time consuming. I look forward to a time when we will have bi-directional data transmission with our state immunization database, which will eliminate the historical documentation. As others note, there can be difficulties with communication if a support person does not have English as their first language. It just takes slowing down and being patient.

Brian
Attending Physician in VS
Medische praktijk, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

eCW hates clinicians

1,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: My notes can be seen and read outside of a paper chart. Other than that, not much

Notes are typed, so they are legible. Supposedly, the billing function is useful,however, my group does not use this.

-Very slow to startup, and uses a lot of resources on your desktop computer -Too many clicks -Too easy to make mistakes and lose work (where did my 5 paragraph note go?!) -Not easy to customize -eCW often generates medical errors -interface is terrible--why can I only see 5 lines of typed text at a time? Why are there 5 buttons on a view that are all labeled the same thing? (No...use the "scan" button in the upper left,not the lower right) --too many mandatory fields that are not relevant (I just want to see his past vitals...I don't want to enter a pain score right this second...) --low quality document and photo uploads (I think that's a wound...but it's so pixelated) --Easy to lose formatting in templates (if you click here, it's ok, but if you click over there, then all hell breaks loose) --Anything that is not done in a billable visit has to be done in a telephone encounter --E prescribe module is difficult to use and not consistent. (Sometimes you can type in a box, sometimes you have to click on a little number pad, the options for prescribing are in a weird order (alphabetical, ordinal), complex dosing, like a prednisone taper cannot be done.)

James
IT Administrator in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Nightmare

2,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: They are 100% offshore support. 98% of the people that call speak so little English that you have no chance of having any sort of meaningful conversation. Every single time we do a patch update it takes 5-7 hours on top of the line hardware. About 50% of the time the patch fails and it takes a whole day or two to get the correct people from ECW on the phone to resolve the issue. They have account managers assigned to clients and they don't do any account management. I am not really sure why that person exist as they provide no value to my clients. Do yourself a favor, do not consider this product. It IS worth it to pay more for a better supported product. If you want to spend countless hours arguing or just trying to get a response then buy this product. Given the current level of support I wouldn't be surprised that they go out of business in the future.

It was inexpensive, and feature rich when we purchased it in 2010. The ability to self host is great to control the user experience.

Support, updates, cost. They are changing the way features have worked or been charged for. As a result you are forced to pay for something that was free for years or it stops working.

Debbie
Project Manager in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

This software company continues to update the software and tries to keep up with the ever changing Health care industury

4,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Support has improved over the past 6 months. The technical teams really care about solving the issues that arise. You can really tell the staff at eClinicalworks are very committed to customer satisfaction. When so many companies are not concerned with customer satisfaction I am glad that we are using on that is.

Always changing and updating the operation of the Software to keep up with the ever changing Health Care Industry

The Software is so flexible and we have been using it since 2006 we really need to develop additional ways to make documentation of Progress notes easier for the providers. When we were trained back in 2006 to develop templates and to use the software for our Providers a lot has changed over the years. It has be difficult to keep up with all the enhancements and developments to the software. Now is the time to really take a good look at how we can go back to making documentation even better for our providers to improve their experience with seeing the patients and not feel so much like it is all about computer documentation and not about the patient any longer. As we move forward into fee for service payment for providers, more is required of the providers and easing their burden is key.

Kris
Owner in VS

Great Sales Pitch......Lots of Promises...Very Deceiving Software

2,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: "None of us is slower and more ineffective that all of us combined at the same time". This is there approach. Rarely is any one employee at eCW willing to take ownership of an issue. It's never their department, their job, their scope...especially when it comes to shining light on the many issues eCW has and talking about how they did not uphold their end of the contract. Radio silence and a healthy round of the blame game.

Patient Portal works well. The PP trainer was attentive and professional.

Empty promises about customization and work-arounds. These work-arounds are only appropriate if they allow you to continue to see patients in the manner you think is best and if it allows you to chart in a logical fashion that fits your practices needs. Just because there is a work-around does not meant that you've solved the issue of the practice and limitation of the software.

Richard
Pediatrician in VS
Medische praktijk, 501-1.000 werknemers

Outdated, inefficient, cumbersome

1,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: There is no one to talk to to make suggestions or improvements. It appears they do not care what their customers want or need.

The only pro is we have an EMR vs no EMR.

Have to click endlessly. They make changes based on what helps them and ignore the needs of the doctors who use the program each and every day.

Mike
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Avoid eClinical Works at ALL COSTS!!!

1,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Horrible, as soon as I saw the entry screen which says "Building your user experience" I felt like I should punch myself in the face. I'll tell you how bad this EHR is- we switched from Soapware to this in 2018- it has been atrocious, I deferred the choice for a new EMR to my wife/office manager and biller- I have built up a very successful practice over the last 18 years, including building the 6,000SF structure myself- I would close my practice and go work some other job, giving up 18 years of hard work, if I had to continue using this EMR. WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW AWFUL THIS EHR IS! If you hate your very existence on this earth then definitely use eCW for your EMR. I would rather be in prison. We are looking at others currently.

There are NONE! This is the absolute worst EMR I have seen, way too many button clicks to accomplish a most basic task, very difficult to use, awful set-up, will slow you down.

Everything! Medications don't esend reliably, templates awful, spell check worthless, 10 clicks instead of 2-3, and a vast number of useless buttons that cannot be removed.

Mark

Beware

1,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Terrible customer service. Outdated platform. Expensive. What's not to like? When I left I paid them $5000 to get my records to transfer into my new EMR. They sent me a hard drive with data in random arrangements and corrupted data. Nice.

Some of the features are nice, you can enter your consultants (but you have to do this manually). Has eprescribing but difficult to get lab interfaces or controlled eprescribing. Notes do look like notes and some of the templates for exams are easy to use.

Wow, where to start. This is a spaghetti programming system that is so screwed up it will never work correctly. Every time there is an update, multiple things stop working. If you have problems good luck getting someone who speaks understandable English or even someone to respond to your issue. You may get a response several days later at 9PM. The only people there who speak good English are the sales people (shocker). Until I went with a different EMR I didn't realize how many work arounds I had been putting in place.

Lizanne
Administrator in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

TONS of features but poorly programmed.

2,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: 7+ years using this software and it's been a battle all along. Then they create policies (such as, "You must be running on Windows 10 PRO - not the HOME version" THey use those policies to tell you it's not their problem when something gets screwed up (like their server being disconnected, or blocking you for security purposes ACCIDENTALLY!! They won't even look into the problems if they notice you are not on the PRO version of Windows ... despite that it works fine on every other computer in your office on the HOME version.

Lots of features eRX templates for Progress Notes

Poorly programmed (Frankenstein'd ... relies on other programs for many functions - which they don't tell you) Many of their tech support people are incompetent and it can take days to get something repaired. They NEVER take responsibility for their problems. It's always a battle. Poor P2P support with non-ecw practices MIPS Dashboard still not functioning as one would like despites many years of user feedback ... makes choosing quality measures difficult.

Larry
Physicain Assistant in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

Poor customer service and tech support. They are extraordinarily slow in responding to EHR problems. After placing tickets and contacting support online no significant response from them or signs of fixing the problem.

3,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I am posting this poor review due to a lack of response from tech and customer support. I would not recommend this EHR because of our my current issue with product and it should have been an easy fix given its been 5 months.

Reasonable ease of use for an EHR but all of EHRs still stink. More reasonable cost than most and was not dissatisfied with company until an update in August/Sept. Our particular problem has not been fixed in the last 5 months and I have not gotten any reasonable response back from the company about this issue. This particular part of the EMR was working well prior to the last update.

Poor tech and customer support. My office has sent him ticket after ticket online without any hint of trying to solve the problem. So not matter how cost effective the product may be or the ease of use if they are not going to respond efficiently and effectively to our user needs then they are not worth using.

Saifullah
president in VS

Very Poorly Designed and very dishonest billing practices

1,0 2 jaar geleden

software is terribly designed and very very slow. You will be charged an arm and a leg every step of the way.

They charge and overcharge. Tried to squeeze another $10k in licensing fees. Eventually they backed off after i prove that I had already had a license. Eventually, we had had enough and decided to leave (it was a bad software altogether). Then, Just to leave them, I had to shell out over $3k for backups of patient records (they give free option but its impossible to sort out how to use). Now they bill again saying they forgot to collect for the price of the hard drive! $500 for a $50 hard drive! What a nightmare. Software is slow slow slow. Not designed to be web-based. Do yourself a favor and avoid at all costs. Every step of the way you have to pay and you have to talk to people on the phone (who are out of india). Nothing can get done without them.

Chi
MD in VS
Medische praktijk, 201-500 werknemers

One of the worst EMR's

1,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I work within a medical group of 2-300 practitioners. I have been using the eCW for close to two years, and am having headaches everyday. Not very intuitive, and hard to navigate. Too many clicks. It can't multitask, i. e. can't open multiple windows at the same time. Have to click too many times to move to a different section, then come back to where you were previously, then end up having to go back because I forgot what I just saw(oops, that would be my fault...). I was using Allscripts before joining the current practice, and was complaining about it back then; now I would go back to Allscripts any minute. It's interesting to see how the users in the management side seem to love it, but for the practitioners like me, "Run, don't walk away from it" sums it up nicely.

Not intuitive/user friendly Doesn't multitask, can't open multiple windows at the same time, have to click too many times Slow, freezes often Has multiple glitches: particular one is with medications-when choosing a med for a diagnosis, somehow defaults to another diagnosis, so end up prescribing a med for an unrelated diagnosis; finding meds is not easy

Samuel
Physician/Owner in VS
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

I have had a love hate relationship with ECW for 10 years, I would love to change to something that would make my life easier, but also be cost effective.

3,0 6 jaar geleden

I can copy over most any part of the prior note, but I can separate out most any section to bring over. Currently cheaper that several other programs.

A lot. The entire system is compartmentalized and so it the support, so often times one support area will do something that has adverse affects on other things. The system does not make it easier to function, way too many clicks, its unstable and will freeze up or require a reboot. They nickel and dime you with very high prices for adding interfaces, adding documents, and the program does not work well on an iPad. They have good videos for starting out, or adding new people, but nothing when it comes to advanced or indepth education or training or best practice setups or ways to make things flow easier.