Supper easy integration and amazing product compared to other services.

Beoordeeld op 19-6-2018
Cl G.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Extremely cost efficient scalable sales tax processing and reporting that eliminated all burdensome sales tax matters. Sales tax is now easy. By voluntarily signing up to remit sales taxes in SSUTA states my business is indemnified against audit risks in those states.

Pluspunten: All sales tax functionality is simplified, and now is much more cost effective. The service has been completely re-engineered and is much improved. The new reporting and customer interface are superior to anything else on the market. I love not having to buy an expensive enterprise software solution. TaxCloud works seamlessly across multiple platforms and is designed to scale with my business needs. TaxCloud is a true very powerful cloud based system providing my business with a tremendous service that frees up valuable time and resources.

Minpunten: No real cons..at first customer service seems a concern. However, this is short lived once the immediate anxiety of employing a new service is overcome. I quickly realized that this is an efficient customer friendly self service platform, and after integrating the service most all customer service issues were unwarranted. Therefore, there was little need for me to actually request customer service. That said, this product is a tremendous value. I could pay more for a competing service with more immediate customer service, however there does not seem to be any advantage in doing so. Once up and running TaxCloud is seamless and needs no additional handholding, and their scalability, reporting and functionality is the best value out there.

Calcuates tax great - pray you dont need tech support

Beoordeeld op 26-2-2019
Brynn R.
NetSuite Admin
Detailhandel, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I love the ease of which it works when it works. But when you do need help it is virtually impossible to receive it timely.

Pluspunten: The ease of setting up an account and nexus.

Minpunten: The customer service is horrible. They have been saying since last summer that they are aware of the issue and are working to make it better but we still see that same lack of support. We have tried calling and contacting online but receive no response. The receptionist will not put you in touch with an actual human or escalate the message.

van FedTax op 6-3-2019

I connected with the reviewer on this feedback. It appears there was some communication issues between our receptionist and support team that delayed our initial response back to the reviewer. For this we apologize. After two requests, I have not been informed of the issue that has been out there since last summer. We have no record in our service ticketing system that an incident was opened last summer for this client.

NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Beoordeeld op 30-5-2019
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have repeatedly been trying to get TaxCloud to call me and to remote in to fix the bug in the software. We keep setting up phone calls but TaxCloud never calls in! They are NOT leaving me a phone number to call them.

Pluspunten: I like that TaxCloud handles my website's needs for different tax rates for NC customers.

Minpunten: There is a bug where MORE tax is being collected than it should!!!!

van FedTax op 5-6-2019

Please send me an email [email protected] and I will have someone reach out to you. It's unlikely we are collecting too much tax as we regularly get audited by state governments but we will certainly look into it for you. UPDATE 6/5/2019 - Upon investigation, this merchant is sending us shipping charges (even though there is no shipping being charged to their clients) that is creating a sales tax event on the shipping. This is not a bug, nor is more tax being collected than should be - TaxCloud is responding to the data we are sent with the proper sales tax treatment on shipping in NC. If there is no shipping, stop sending us shipping charges. This is a poor implementation in this merchant's cart /store that is erroneously being blamed on TaxCloud. The "No Customer Service" tag is silly as we have the record of interactions our support team has had with this merchant.

Slow/Poor Customer Support

Beoordeeld op 30-5-2018
Jeffrey K.
Web Developer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: We have liked how easy it is to calculate shipping in our WooCommerce store when their Simple Sales Tax plugin is not having compatibility issues.

Minpunten: Our organization has been using TaxCloud for tax calculations over the past few years in conjunction with the free Simple Sales Tax plugin for WordPress. The original developer of the plugin did a good job of keeping it up to date with the changes in WordPress and WooCommerce. Then TaxCloud acquired the plugin and now dealing with customer support for the plugin is a nightmare. As others have said, support typically takes over a week to respond to tickets, even urgent ones. There was a recent software incompatibility with Simple Sales Tax and WooCommerce that took nearly two weeks to get addressed and resolved. The first person who replied, Stephen, obviously didn't read the ticket and provided a "solution" that was unrelated to the software plugin issue. The support staff later replied saying that he would provide an update once they had an action plan to fix the plugin issues but that reply never came. Eventually, they finally fixed the plugin issues but it simply took much longer than it should have. They recently changed their prices for the monthly package (we pay the fee because we don't allow them to file our tax returns for us). With the price increase evidently came no improvement in customer service. We're strongly considering switching to another tax services provider that has a better track record of actually helping customers, especially paying ones. This review is not unfair and is an accurate representation of our experience with the company.

van FedTax op 4-6-2018

What Jeffrey indicates is accurate but has to be put into context. There was an issue with the SST plug-in caused by an poorly communicated update to the Woo platform which created the issue with the SST plug-in. In addition, we released our new UI and did a price change at the same time. This caused record ticket & call volume from our 1000's of clients which as a small company we needed to prioritize. Not using this an excuse but rather just sharing the reality of what happened. Our call volumes have returned to normal so response times are normalizing. I'd also point out that as the FREE and low cost provider in the marketplace we don't have the resources to pick-up every call or respond to email tickets as they come in. We apologize to Jeffrey for his experience and hope he will remain a TaxCloud customer.

Cant integrate with Ebay , or cant find out how to.

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2019
Brian G.
Automotive, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, it would be a great solution, except the time-consuming registrations and expense required to get tax number for each state (those that are not in the Free list) , plus lack of eBay integration, We're seriously considering simply exiting the e-commerce business entirely. (Thank you SO much SCOTUS for that stupid ruling!)

Pluspunten: Seems simple to set up, I did find how to integrate with Amazon, Bonanza, and I was all excited to start using it... But then could not find any way to integrate with eBay platform despite finding the ebay connection logo... So it stopped right there - we never went live.

Minpunten: Can't find any way to integrate with Ebay which is our largest (by far) sales platform. Would have been a perfect solution for us, but for that little problem. Also, it appears we'd have to sign up for sales tax license for each state we need to collect for (those that aren't in their automagic 24 states list) which would be tedious, time-consuming and was why we were looking at options (We looked at TaxJar, but $100-ish per state would cost more than it's worth for many states where we may end up with an economic nexus this year - in some cases we'd only be collecting and remitting a few dollars a month)

van FedTax op 25-2-2019

Hi Brian - Thanks for the review. You are correct, we currently don't have a plug-in for eBay. However, you can still upload eBay transactions into TaxCloud via a .csv file in a spreadsheet. Reach to me at [email protected] and I'll forward you the transaction upload template. I'll go into the system and try to find your email as well.

Sales department was enthusiastic. Software integrated well. Problems caused mayhem with no fix.

Beoordeeld op 12-6-2018
Mario W.
Kleding en mode, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: The software took a time burden from my shoulders.

Pluspunten: Mostly the software runs seamlessly once it is set up correctly. Helps avoid expensive business costs.

Minpunten: When there are issues with accounts that need attention the customer support is not there. Trying to get things back on track is not being addressed for their end. While TaxCloud claims to be easy it becomes difficult and frustrating to make corrections. I will consider a different Tax integration system.

van FedTax op 18-6-2018

Thanks for the review. Glad to see the positive ratings on overall quality, ease of use and Features/functionality. We apologize that our customer support has let you down. We do our best with limited resources trying to maintain our FREE service offer for small businesses. We do our best to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours and have plans to invest in additional support resources in the near future.

Deceptive advertising | Not an option for small business

Beoordeeld op 8-1-2019
Peggy F.
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proefversie
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I cannot trust the company bc of it's deceptive advertising. The hidden fees are orders of magnitude higher than those they advertise and certainly a showstopper for any small business like mine. Using TaxCloud would surely put us out of business in a hurry.

Pluspunten: Loved the advertising message: "helps online merchants easily manage all aspects of state and local sales tax, from calculation to collection to filing. Let us do the taxes so you can run your business." Unfortunately it's very deceptive for small businesses.

Minpunten: We wasted an enormous amount of time trying to implement this software at my small business. It's not until you get well into the implementation process that you discover hidden details like 1) you have to collect tax for all SSTP (Streamlined Sales Tax Project) even if you don't come anywhere near their thresholds and 2) you'll be charged up to 8% of your revenue for the service in addition to the fees advertised. These details are hidden on a non-secure website at http://dagobah.taxcloud.net

van FedTax op 11-1-2019

Thanks for the review Peggy. The 1000's of merchants that rely on us for their sales tax compliance disagree with you. Our FREE service is based on our partnership with the SSTP member states - are you looking for an apology for us offering a FREE service? Please talk to our competitors and you can pay all you want. We have no idea what you are talking about on the 8% of revenue claim. Our pricing is transparently presented on our website and within our terms of service (which you obviously didn't read when you accepted it). You created your account on December 28th and wrote this review 10 days later - you never went live, you never were invoiced, you never used the service! Your claim of deceptive advertising is false - really the result of your lack of diligence when registering for our service. We don't mind being critiqued, but object to the false claims you make in this review.

Tax Cloud Helps you keep track of internet taxes

Beoordeeld op 15-9-2017
Michelle G.
Regional Administrator
Consumentendiensten, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Helps me to keep track of my internet sales tax w/out all the hassle of figuring it out on my own.

Pluspunten: Do you have a business that you need to collect internet taxes on? Well then I would highly suggest you use Tax Cloud to make sure you are collecting the right amount. Each state is different, and with Tax Cloud, you can be sure you are collecting the right amount. It gives you monthly reports with the breakdowns of everything. It even has automated compliance for 24 states! I have been using this for the past 6 months, and not sure what I did without it. Great software to help you keep track of your internet taxes.

Horrible Support

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2018
Larry M.
Webmaster
Consumentengoederen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Easy to setup and use. Address lookup works most of the time.

Minpunten: We are being charged for duplicate transactions and cannot find a reason. The downloaded transaction history shows all transactions occurred at 4:00 AM so that was no help at all. A support ticket was created 4 months ago and still no answer. As a test, I created a test website, made one test transaction and immediately took the site down. There were no duplicate transactions from the test website that day however; the next day there was.

van FedTax op 18-12-2018

Our redundant API call policy is clearly outlined here: https://taxcloud.com/topics/Frequently%20Asked%20Questions/#Troubleshooting:tta360013700311 Redundant API calls are a problem as they hinder the performance of our platform unnecessarily and add to our technology infrastructure costs. We charge for redundant calls to change behavior, not make money. A decent developer should be able to look at your implementation and quickly fix the issue. Your charges for redundant API calls are in the single digit $'s per month. The reason you are not hearing back from support is that we can't fix this problem, but you can...and it is taking time away from more serious client issues.

NO ONE WILL RETURN CALLS or emails in over a week!!!

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2018
Debbie T.
Owner/Director
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Lately - horrible, horrible, horrible.

Pluspunten: Onboarding Tax Cloud was not difficult and it worked. Then we updated some software pieces and were told erroneously (not by TaxCloud) that TaxCloud wouldn't work with those pieces. I rushed to call and email TaxCloud to NOT cut off our service but it was cut off anyway. Now I cannot get anyone to restart the service.

Minpunten: Only ONE person can restart our TaxCloud, I am told....and that person's mailbox is full and they won't return calls and messages from their receptionist. Their receptionists repeatedly tell me there is no one else in their organization that can take my call or give help with restarting my TaxCloud. Emails are not returned. I have asked to escalate, talk with a manager or ANYONE and have expressed I am going out of the country for 2 weeks - and get NO HELP from anyone.

van FedTax op 7-9-2018

Hi Debbie - Sorry for your experience. Our receptionist did not communicate appropriately back to our client support team. We have made sure this will not happen in the future. I believed that you spoke to our Customer Success Manager Mark recently and he is addressing your issue. If you are still having problems, please reach to me directly at [email protected] Again, sorry for the delayed response.

Inexpensive and works well. Straightforward implementation. Looking forward to new marketplace apps

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2017
S nixon B.
School Administrator
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It's potentially free, and easy to implement with many e-commerce platforms and marketplaces. They're about to launch a new UI, along with new marketplace mobile apps, using Polymer Web Components. That should allow me to have all my sales channels centralized in one place, which will be great.

Minpunten: I have to file in all 24 streamlined states in I want to use TaxCloud for free, though I admit that that point might become irrelevant in 2018 with all the regulatory changes.

Solid plugin with woocommerce

Beoordeeld op 14-3-2018
Daniel I.
Director of Church Multiplication
Publiceren, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: It was a bit difficult to setup, but once I got it going, it provides me with solid reporting every month.

Minpunten: It's a straightforward plugin as I use it with wordpress and woocommerce. Honestly, the biggest con is that the setup process wasn't easy. I also wish that I could download past invoices from the website, but currently it's only being emailed to me.

van FedTax op 23-4-2018

Hi Daniel - Thanks for the review! We just released our new user interface to our website. Hopefully, the set-up process is easier to navigate now.

Simply helps to keep track of sales taxes for internet transactions.

Beoordeeld op 5-2-2019
Andrew M.
Hypnotist
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: TaxCloud seems to have been improved significantly with a better UI. It is much simpler to use. It saves a lot of time and effort, and is a necessary service to those of us growing online sales in multiple states.

Pluspunten: The free version is very useful. I think many will upgrade to the full version in time. From what I can tell, it is the best value.

Minpunten: None really. Can't complain at a free service and it was easier to set up that I anticipated.

Very decent service

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2019
Carol N.
Small Biz Owner
Kleding en mode, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Very good value, nice customer rep's service

Minpunten: They charge you for some problem that sometimes happens with your shopping cart if it sends too many signals - called duplicates.

van FedTax op 14-5-2019

Hi Carol - Thanks for the review. We do charge for Duplicate API calls. These are redundant sales tax lookups on the same items in the shopping cart. These unnecessarily use platform resources and can easily be corrected by your software developer. We charge for them to change behavior (fix your implementation), not to make money.

Very poor customer service - takes days to respond to technical issues

Beoordeeld op 6-7-2018
David B.
Business Owner
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It took care of our sales tax computations and saved time and at one time worked well.

Pluspunten: Easy to install. The top line reporting is clear and concise for completing quarterly sales tax returns.

Minpunten: Recently increased pricing model so our few $/per month increased to more $ per month. For this you get a slower dashboard and unresponsive customer service. It used to be so much better.

van FedTax op 10-7-2018

Thanks for taking the time to review our service and we apologize for the service issues you encountered. Regarding the customer service issues, we are taking action by hiring additional staff which will help us be more responsive than we have been recently. Based on the limited nexus footprint of your business and the recent Wayfair ruling by the SCOTUS, you should move to our Automated Compliance service - which would be FREE to you.

Great Product at a Great Price

Beoordeeld op 23-1-2019
Matthew J.
Consultant
Nutsbedrijven, 13-50 werknemers

Opmerkingen: Highly recommend.

Pluspunten: Compared to most every other tax software out there, TaxCloud is by far the best value. It's full featured and low cost (or free if you're a small business with limited sites and sales).

Minpunten: Even though the interface is easy to use, like anything new it took a bit to get comfortable using it. But after that it's second nature and does just what it needs to do.

I would give them minus stars on customer service. Their email doesn't work and no one return calls

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2018
Steve B.
Controller
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: They provide free service & filings for member states if you register with the SST as a model 1 filer. You also limit your choices if you choose to back away from them.

Minpunten: 1. Can't communicate with them. Changed pricing structure, yet they over charged and there is no one to communicate to and email bounces back.
2. They don't provide any assistance on setting up Tax Categories. The definitions are theirs, yet they provide no support.
Avoid using them unless you have a strong IT team and will take risks

van FedTax op 31-5-2018

We apologize for the difficulty in getting to our service desk recently. The release of our new UI and a new pricing change has created a large volume of calls. As we are the service provider that can offer a FREE service, we don't have a large number of resources available to deal with surging call volumes. Rest assured, we will respond and deal with any issues you are experiencing.

It had everything to be a great tool, but not!

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2018
E-commerce Specialist
Consumentenelektronica, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It had everything to be a great tool for taxCloud compliance however customer service is almost non-existent and with the amount of bugs that it has it would help to get a hold of someone faster. It takes weeks to get someone on the phone. Taxes were filed late, late fees letters arrived, etc. Maybe they should have waited to launch this after this was at least at a good use level and just a few bugs. I feel like I'm paying to test their system.

Pluspunten: Easy to integrate. Streamline states is a big advantage.

Minpunten: NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and MANY BUGS to fix.

van FedTax op 1-11-2018

We'd be happy to engage on the issues made here but the name and company name of the reviewer is withheld at their request. Without such basic information, we have no way to investigate this review to take corrective measures or reply in any fact based fashion - or even confirm that the person represents a TaxCloud client. If the reviewer sees this, please feel free to reach to me at [email protected] to connect on your concerns. Thank you.

Such A Disappointment

Beoordeeld op 21-5-2019
Jennifer M.
Clinical Hypnotherapist
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, Zelfstandig ondernemer
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Awful. I don't like to write negative reviews. I always thing that they will probably do better next time. I'll find out, I'm sure, because I cannot close my account. I was so excited about the service.I filled everything out, I added my bookkeeper, I read a bunch of great information, learned about a few of the states and their the tax laws. When I realized that I couldn't take out my information, i spent the next week playing phone tag with a very nice gentleman who assured me that everything would be fine. That I could leave my account the way it is. And, I could decide if I needed them after April 15th. (I'm in California and do not need their services.) I was so upset when I realized that I was charged twice in just a few weeks and my account was not finished, not live, my account was not published. It's going on two months and I still have an account.

Pluspunten: The concept is wonderful, your account is easy to understand, the map and sales tax information is great.

Minpunten: Beware of the free trial: I was charged twice. If your account is unfinished (not published) you will still be charged. If you enter your information in, you are unable to delete it. You may replace it with something else, another address or credit card, but you are unable to take it out completely. Customer service takes a bit of time getting back to you with zero follow up. It's unfortunate, this is a fabulous idea and such a disappointment.

van FedTax op 28-5-2019

Hi Jennifer - Our apologies for the issue you experienced. Based on the way your account was configured, you erroneously got charged when you should not have. We will make sure your account is disabled and provide you a credit for the charges made against your payment instrument on file. Again, our apologies for the issue.

Easy to Set Up, It is Free, Does the Hard Part for You

Beoordeeld op 22-7-2018
Andrew C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Helped in complying with state laws.

Pluspunten: TaxCloud is really free. Easy integration with shopping cart. Well documented user and technical guides.

Minpunten: Tax exemptions is still not clear to me. Somewhat difficult for the novice, but good integration with other system helps.

van FedTax op 23-7-2018

Thanks for the review Andrew! We appreciate your business!

Terrible customer service

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2018
Rita H.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I've been using this software for over a year and It works most of the time, however didn't calculate the tax properly.

Minpunten: I talked to customer service at least five times and promised to call me back, but never actually called me back.

van FedTax op 26-7-2018

We appreciate the feedback Rita and apologize for the service response issues you've encountered. We have been dealing with much higher service ticket volume in recent months due to several factors including our UI upgrade, pricing change and mostly the Wayfair SCOTUS decision. We have increased the size of our support team recently and will be adding more people and improved processes shortly. We appreciate your business and are focused on doing better.

Quality, easy help with taxes

Beoordeeld op 21-9-2017
Joy O.
Verzekeringen, 13-50 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: peace of mind, quality accurate help

Pluspunten: I love that this software makes taxes so easy for me. I usually hate doing this and it pretty much is set up to automatically just calculate what is needed. I love it.

Minpunten: There is really nothing I dislike about this software. It is very easy to use and is very quality and accurate

TaxCloud Difficult to Use

Beoordeeld op 10-2-2019
Richard G.
Ower

Opmerkingen: Poor.

Pluspunten: Inexpensive and makes reporting easy if it works.

Minpunten: Very hard to set up and very hard to get useful help.

van FedTax op 20-2-2019

Hi Richard - Sorry that you found TaxCloud difficult to set-up. We have a great deal of material available at https://taxcloud.com/faq and feel free to reach to me via email at [email protected] with any other questions.

This is very easy to use

Beoordeeld op 6-3-2018
Gary D.
Web Room Manager
Bouwmaterialen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: The best is it is up to date in all city and local taxes that can change in an instance. We saved some money from a local tax that had expired.

Minpunten: Well, it is something that you could probably get through local and state offices , but if you do enough business it is almost free.

Terrible Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 20-6-2018
Rachel T.
Marketing
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers

Opmerkingen: None

Pluspunten: It has a free and paid option. This seemed great since similar services charged a much higher monthly or yearly fee.

Minpunten: Zero customer support and their website doesn't work. Called several times and submitted a ticket, which we followed up with several times and it still took 10 business days to receive a response. Unacceptable when you need to get your online store up and running and it will only calculate a few of the states.

van FedTax op 20-6-2018

As we have stated in prior reviews on customer service, we are the FREE option and as sxuch don't have unlimited resources. We had a UI update and a price change simultaneously which caused our response times to trouble tickets to outpace our ability to respond as quickly as we'd like over the past 6 weeks. For this we apologize, and we're working to improve here.
The comment that we only calculate sales tax in a few states is patently false. We calculate in all 50 states at every address in the US. As a Streamlined Certified Service Provider we are audited regularly and if this claim were the case we'd be de-certified.
Lastly, I'd add that this company name is not listed as having an account with TaxCloud...so take it for what it's worth.