Over MOVEit

Managed File Transfer Oplossing voor het veilig delen van bestanden en vertrouwelijke data

Meer informatie over MOVEit

It also give immense flexibility to be integrated with other softwares. It is highly used for running tasks related to file transfer, renaming them and even archiving them.

Beoordelingen van MOVEit

Waar voor je geld

MOVEit heeft een totaalscore van 4,7 van 5 sterren op basis van 88 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je MOVEit eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (88)

Timothy
Timothy
Senior Infrastructure Engineer in VS
Luchtvaart(maatschappijen)

Top notch products and company.

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: A consistent and dependable platform for worldclass managed file transfer.

I give Ipswitch and their products the highest marks in all categories. They are very strong and consistent in all area's and are what I like to call "the full meal deal".

The looming threat that they could go public someday and risk losing that personal touch we have become accomstomed with.

Donna
Application Development Analyst III in Filipijnen
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Overwogen alternatieven:

Progress MOVEit is one stop solution for file transfers

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Enterprise consolidated file transfer mechanism.

MOVEit is easy to use and easy to train

File Activity Report displays host friendly name not true connection. If Friendlyname is not specific you dont know the true connection that is occuring.

Rick
IT Analyst in VS
Facilitaire diensten, 201-500 werknemers

Making moves with MOVEit

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My experience with MOVEit has been extremely positive. It has saved me time and eliminated the human error of our users forgetting to transfer the files on a daily basis.

Super easy to implement and start using. The interface is very intuitive and makes encrypting the files for transferring easy as well as using other's keys for opening the files we pull from them. We use it daily to automate the process of transferring files securely to external sources and receiving files securely from those sources as well.

We have been using it for over a year and the only thing I can say I wish would happen is the report after a job runs to let me know if a file was actually transferred or not when that task ran. Currently we just get an email that the job ran.

System Engineer in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

Good start but a little lacking

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Managed file transfer is something that can be difficult to do an even more difficult to do right. MOVEit is a good start and they offer 80 percent of any features that a company may need. The ability to finely control the flow of documents that are transmitted to us was the best feature.

They were not able to handle a very high volume of files being transferred. This was a deal breaker for us but they were good otherwise.

Reactie Ipswitch

4 jaar geleden

Thank you for the honest feedback back. I have passed this information on to our Product Management group.

Cassie
System Administrator in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

MoveIT makes file move management a breeze

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: MoveIT reduces the need for scripting and monitoring scheduled tasks across our organization. Logs clearly show file names and times. In addition, the ability to set jobs to move only new files reduces the chance of errors.

The ease of use and administration. MoveIt is a one-stop shop for all of our file move management, is easy to maintain and has logging built in when and if needed. In addition, MoveIT allows for custom PowerShell scripting, which expands the possibilities and covers all of our needs.

When vulnerabilities are found, you have to get security to provide the output to progress support. Most commonly, this is the version of the MySQL connector. But, again, these should be relatively straightforward requests.

Systems Engineer in VS
Mijnbouw en metalen, 10.000+ werknemers

Moveit Transfer and Automatin

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Although both products place me in the middle of any two given entities, they also allow me to bridge the gap between sender and consumer for critical operations, including payroll and bank transactions.

Transfer is super-secure, and able to handle large volumes of file activity. Automation is feature-rich and the user interface allows for easy file transfer troubleshooting.

Automation requires Tomcat knowledge if you want to secure with a certificate. Transfer reporting options could be more robust.

Irfanudeen
Irfanudeen
Business Development Executive in India
E-learning, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Simply transfer your files under secure environment

4,0 5 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I use Progress MOVEit in my both professional and personal space because of its reliablility, security, simple to use, and safety features. It helps me in trust-building with my customers, they were relax that their sensitive data like KYC documents transmits under secure environment.

Progress MOVEit is highly secure, so we can share sensitive business data. The deployment of the application is very simple and highly user-friendly. The mobile version supports in both android and ios platform, which really helps a lot in the handy access of files and transfers.

Need more installed scripts for the highly safe and secure file transmission. Need to improve the user interface in the mobile version.

Daniel
Technical Support Specialist in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

MOVEit is a feature rich product suite with quality support materials

5,0 4 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: MOVEit is robust and reliable. It doesn't give us many problems if any. We can trust that no matter what else is going on in our environments, file transfer can be trusted to up and running.

I appreciate the quantity and quality of the documentation available for MOVEit. Even though it is a highly complex product, it is possible to confidently configure much of it yourself without much assistance just by familiarizing yourself with the administrator's guide.

My organization ran into an issue when trying to integrate MOVEit Transfer with VMWare NSX-V. In order to make an SFTP connection, VMWare required the server key to use elliptical curve (ECDSA) but MOVEit only allows for RSA. There was no way around this limitation so we had to setup a completely isolated FTP environment to handle this use case.

Emre
Software developer in Turkije
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Easy workflow management

5,0 3 weken geleden Nieuw

My favorite feature is the file sharing feature. Overall I find it useful and recommend it to all my colleagues. It has made our workflows more efficient and compact.

Needs to develop an external software for Linux, the cloud system is successful, but I would like to use her software on the desktop.

Susan
Implementation Manager in VS
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

MOVEit Automation and Transfer

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall MOVEit has been a reliable MFT for many years.

The product is easy to use and performs consistently. Error alerts are easy to research on the web site and their technical support team is always prompt, friendly and helpful

Multi-version upgrades can be improved but the support team is extremely knowledgeable.

Jeff
Applications and programming Manager in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

MOVEit does exactly what we need it to do.

5,0 9 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We have been very pleased with MOVEit. It is relatively inexpensive and give us exactly what we need. Prior to MOVEit we had file transfer tasks housed on multiple servers around the organization and each one of these transfers was custom scripted. We've used MOVEit to centralize all file transfers to a central location that is managed by a team that is well versed in our data governance policies. This has allowed us to easily manage, monitor, and report what data is leaving our organization via file transfers. A secondary benefit of MOVEit is it's ease of use. Our MOVEit administrators can setup a new automated and scheduled task in a few minutes with no scripting needed. But when more complicated data manipulations are needed we also can easily incorporate a custom script into the MOVEit task. This ease of use is key to our small team managing 1500 file transfer tasks.

MOVEit is extremely simple to use but still offers robust and extensive functionality. We currently have about 1500 file transfer and/or manipulation tasks setup in MOVEit. Most of these are scheduled and run without human intervention. It is a stable product that rarely has issues. In the 5+ years we've owned it we've only had one instance where we needed a patch from support. MOVEit drag and drop task builder allows the team to setup a new task in a matter of minutes.

There's not much we don't like about MOVEit. But it would be nice to have a smoother transfer of tasks from a testing environment to production. We've also builtbri

Robert
Infrastructure Engineer in VS
Chemicaliën, 501-1.000 werknemers

Swiss army knife of file transfer

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: We bought and installed MoveIT Central to do some quick internal and external file moving that our Unix team couldn't (wouldn't?) do. It wasn't expensive so it fit in the budget. Once we got it going, we quickly realized that it would do WAY more than we thought, and inside of about a year, we had EVERY other transfer script and workflow moved over to it, with full logging, security, and notifications (which we didn't have before). Then we purchased MoveIT DMZ (Transfer?) and we replaced all of our other FTP/SFTP functions as well. We even replaced our Ad-Hoc collaboration solutions with it.

The best part of this software is the fact that you can configure and put into production a secure file transfer in minutes, and you'll be able to do everything that's been requested. You'll spend more time telling everybody that it's done than the time you spent doing it.

I love the scripting feature, however I'd like to see the company include more pre-written scripts in the base software package. Until they do that, you'll likely be writing your own. It's not hard, but if you want that kind of capability, you'll need to learn how to do it.

Sean
IT Support Analyst II in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers

Review of MoveIt Automation

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: The biggest benefit I have seen is the ability to give people control to do their work without having to install a program on their PC. By giving them access to the Web interface it make deployment to users easy.

The feature I like the most is the ability to have tasks start other tasks so that you can create processes that require little to no intervention.

The one thing I do not like is not having the ability to sort files when you browse them using MoveIt. Some times you need to find files for a specific date but because MoveIt sorts by name it make it hard to find files in large file repositories.

Oliver
Application Support Engineer in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

MOVEit has completely gotten out of the way and allowed me to do what I need to do simply

4,0 8 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: File moving and SFTP. MOVEit is a simple solution for getting everything where it needs to be. I've used MOVEit Automation more and more as things have come up that I can use it for, which is a lot. We've grown into it being the first choice for much of our file automation that just needs to work and be a quick turnaround.

It's simple and powerful so it doesn't get in your way but allows you to affect what you are doing to a large degree. I'm was able to get this set up in all out environments within 1 month tested and functioning. I also like that MOVEit Automation has allowed us to continue creating tasks as we get more advanced with it.

Database views do not exist by default which would be helpful for reporting. Reporting in general could be given a feature upgrade. It does pull reports but it's not a simple process and the ability to tie into something like Power BI is not there. Even having several views setup in the database by default would make this quicker and easier to get setup for reporting. When something touches as many files as MOVEit Transfer and MOVEit Automation do you want to be able to report on metrics from it immediately

Erin
Program Analyst in VS
Hoger onderwijs, 501-1.000 werknemers

MOVEit system works great for sharing files securely

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: Uploading files is easy and efficient in MOVEit. It's secure, and it's simple in that uploading files for frequent, ongoing compliance monitoring is the only thing that I use it for. It makes my job easier and does exactly what I need it to do with no technical hassles.

My program undergoes different types of audits on a continuous basis for compliance monitoring. MOVEit is the system primarily used for submitting requested files. They send me a secure link, which takes me to my MOVEit account, and that is where I upload files and can send related messages. The alternative is sending files as attachments in encrypted emails. With MOVEit, I like that it's separate from my email, where I can log in whenever I need to, specifically to see what I've uploaded and when, rather than looking through my email where I have to wade through many other sent and received messages to find what I need. I also feel complete confidence that the confidential files I'm uploading are secure.

I'm unable to copy others in my organization (supervisors) that I would like to be able to include on audit submissions. But because I don't have this ability in MOVEit, I've developed other tools for saving/archiving the files I've submitted on MOVEit, which keeps a record of what's been submitted and when. If I were to leave my position, this keeps an audit record that my supervisor and potential future replacement could have access to even if they did not have access to my MOVEit account.

Garrett
Systems Administrator in VS

Good but needs new look

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Tons of functionality, security features are pretty good, logs and reports are nice, and it's usually easy to setup and upgrade. It can be run on premise which is great, and has features like an Outlook plugin that people like to use. Technical Support for the program has been great every time we need them, which is always over a mySQL database issue.

The user interface and functionality is lacking and we complain about it. It's older style, not HTML5 yet, and just looks outdated. Using java or flash plugins is horrible for users. The emails look outdated as well. Clients complain sometimes about how difficult it is to navigate and get their files. We have used this product for 6+ years without a major interface update, and it needs one.

Brandon
Senior Systems Application Analyst / Programmer in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Simplify Your File Transfer Needs

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We utilize a hosted SFTP solution, file transfer operations (both internal and external), and monitoring of those file transfer jobs through our MOVEit software collection. It has integrated with our business well and has reduced the time it takes to implement a new job.

The software provides an intuitive GUI interface for both administrators and users. It allows an organization to place some of the functionality back in the user's hands and provides and ease for external entities to exchange data and information for organizations.

There is not much I do not like about the software. Of course, there are cheaper alternatives, however in my experience they do not compare to the ease and customer support provided by the MOVEit platform.

Mike
IT Manager in VS
Afdrukken en drukwerk, 201-500 werknemers

MOVEit for workflow automation

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: MOVEit is at the center of all of our workflow. We move thousands of files every day using MOVEit without issue and this service handles all of it effortlessly. It is easy to administer and just works day in and day out.

This product is versatile and infinitely customizable. We have a variety of tasks set up that range from simple to extremely complex and this product can handle all of it without issue. We have thousands of tasks set up that with a vast majority running every few minutes and the server never bogs down

The only issue we are running into is having to schedule regular runs in addition to watching for new files since the new file notification service on Windows often fails

Judy
SVP in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Move it for Precision Director

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We did not have a choice in using this software, but again, once we got through the difficulty of setting up the platform, the product has been working great.

Once we got the software working correctly, it does the transition of files quickly and easily

When we were setting up the product to use for Precision's Director product, we had difficulty setting up the program because we did not have support from Precision and did not have support from the MoveIt team. Our IT rep basically had to figure out how to use the software and do troubleshooting on his own.

Darwin
IT Director in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 201-500 werknemers

Set it and forget it

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: This solution has helped us to centralize and streamline all of our data transport needs. The ability to log in to Office 365 Sharepoint and upload data to our cloud repository was a real game changer for easily and securely sharing real-time data with external sources.

Very intuitive to setup and use. Includes lots of choices for being notified if there is an issue so my team does not have to baby sit it.

The standard version of MoveIT that we purchased does not include the option to include a list of the files that were transferred in the email notification sent by the program. This has been our most requested feature from our end users, but it only comes with enterprise.

Jay
Security Administrator in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 10.000+ werknemers

Time-Saving File Transfer Tool

4,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I love this program. I can log in and see the auto-refreshing log view with all kinds of custom filtering. This makes it really easy to see what tasks are succeeding and which are failing and why.

This software makes it easy to create new tasks or clone existing tasks and modify them for other uses. I really like that you can implement PowerShell scripts. This utility makes it fairly easy to share files securely between organizations.

I primarily use a locally installed version of the software to connect to and manage the server. This only supports VB Script, and not PowerShell. PowerShell scripts can be added by logging in to the web interface only, at least on the version that I have installed. It's also difficult to import keys, even after confirming they're in the proper format. However, using the key generator in the console has worked every time. My manager, who has extensive knowledge in certs and keys and never struggles with them, has had considerable trouble with this feature.

Magdy
IT Project Manager in VS
Olie en energie, 10.000+ werknemers

MOVEitDMZ

4,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Easy to Administrate and use

Easy to Administrate and use Secure Transfer and user management Support Standard SSH/SFTP protocol Reasonable pricing

1- At Enterprise environment, to transfer a file from System A to System B, you have to transfer twice. 1a- From A to a holding storage 1b- From Holding storage to System B 2- It does not utilize the UDP for much faster file transfer, other software at the market utilize the UDP and can transfer the file security 10 times faster than the TCP SFTP protocol

jason
System Analyst in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Powerful tools!

5,0 11 maanden geleden

MOVEit Automation from Progress is an excellent program. It's learning curve is moderate, but once you get the hang of it, the power at your fingertips is immense. We are able to retire a 20 year old batch scripting and email notification application to an easy to use GUI in Automation. GUI interface easy to set up notification added bonus for scheduling file level folder backups

lack of direction for overcoming the learning curve. (third party Youtube videos were hit and miss).

Sameena
IT Officer in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers

Great tool for getting the job done

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been a great experience. we purchased support so we were able to get assistance with set up which was very helpful. then it is a set it and forget it solution.

This is a product that gets the job done. it has the security features that makes our Core Provider comfortable and is affordable enough for a company our size to implement. once it is in place and running - the software has not given us any trouble.

It takes a minute to figure out but once you do it is very user friendly so I cannot say there is anything i don't like about it.

Nicholas
Datacenter and Infrastructure Manager in VS
Automotive, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Move-it Tranfser and Move-it Automation

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Having used the software for many years now, we have become quite familiar with the product. Over the course of time, we have been able to use the Outlook Plugins and API to customize our process. With minimal assistance, the products have served us very well.

The only issues that we have had is with the logging/reporting. There have been some issues getting the information that we are looking for in the logging, but with a quick call to the support team, that was resolved with little pain.