Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Paychex Flex

Beheer salarisadministratie, online of in-house, en bespaar geld op urenregistratie, rapporten en verwerking van salarisadministratie.

Meer informatie over Paychex Flex

Representative was exceptionally professional and responsive and the ease of use of product.

My only complaint with Paychex Flex is that the retirement component is still transitioning over from Classic and it is taking a long time.

Beoordelingen van Paychex Flex

3,9
Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
4,0

Paychex Flex heeft een totaalscore van 4,2 van 5 sterren op basis van 1.577 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Paychex Flex eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (1.577)

Shawn
Shawn
IT Architect
Computernetwerken, 11-50 werknemers

Stalwart Payroll Software for Small Businesses

4,0 2 jaar geleden
Bijschriften in het Nederlands beschikbaar in de videospeler
Michayla
Michayla
Home Care Provider — Personal Care Services in VS
Maatschappelijk werk, 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Provided through my previous employer!

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Content with the services it provided to me at that time, which was through my previous employer. Used about 1.6 years! (1y, 6m)

Only used until upgraded to different provider/platform altogether!

I never had a problem with this software, honestly. ESPECIALLY compared to some/other providers of the same functions/purpose.

Jennifer
Insurance Coordinator in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers

This software is the easiest one for payroll in my experience.

4,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall it is a real decent software to use. It is user friendly and has most all the features you need.

That I can review my W2 and all my paystubs in the same place whenever I need to and I can print them or download them easily. I love the clock in machine to.

The APP takes forever to log in a lot of the times. I would be on time coming back from lunch but by the time the app would open and I clocked back in I would be , sometimes up to 4 minutes late. Those minutes add up when you only get paid once a month.

Marilyn
Office Manager in VS
Marketing en reclame, 2-10 werknemers

Paychex Flex is Not the Best for Our Small Company

3,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We're always getting offers to add more products and services. Their sales team can be relentless. It was difficult to get changes in personnel leave hours done by the customer service team, but I've found a way to make those changes myself. I wish we still had MyPayCenter from Deluxe Payroll.

They take care of filing taxes and doing direct deposit.

The website is cumbersome, and reports are difficult to drill down to. Categories are vague. After our introductory rate, the cost will be prohibitive for our small company.

Ed
CEO in VS
Werving en selectie, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Solid solution at an affordable price

5,0 4 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Paychex Flex has been great to use. It has been good for us.

It is easy to use and maintain. Set up was also easy with great support.

Some of the more involved things need support...but...it has always provided.

Theresa
owner in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

Paychex flex is easy

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Definitely would recommend it. did find it a bit pricy, compared to say Patriot Software, but definitely worth it.

The ease of operation, inputting for payroll getting report.

At times finding my way around became a bit difficult.

Carla
CPO in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Who was the Challenge

3,0 6 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Very frustrating. Time and Attendance wasnot set up to cover varied time schedules. Majority of our staff work 7 hours or less and it calculated employees PTO at 8 hours.

We had a difficult payroll and many on the implementation team became frustrated all except our Payroll Manager. She was patient and work with us to get a great product. Even when we decided to leave Paychex, she follow-up to see if we still needed their services until our new payroll vendor was able to get our payroll set up in their system.

The system is hard to use. Many of the features convert back to original features. The system nor the training received from the implementaion team did not allow the Administrator to make minimal employee information changes. This was frustrating. Also, the assist feature was outdated and was hard to follow the steps to rectify an issue using the help assistant. As well, CSR was not able to assist with any issues either. Very frustrating.

Bernadette
Bernadette
Admin in VS
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers

Lacking Proper Customer Service

3,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall the system is good but their customer service needs to be more organized and at least be able to help you look into something when you need answers.

We like that employees can log in and update their personal account info. such as new address ect. we also like that they can download their tax forms and so on

Every time we've had questions it seems as though no one there has the answers we need. This can be very frustrating!

Tracy
Senior HR Director in VS
Biotechnologie, 11-50 werknemers

Best PEO Ever!

5,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

So easy to use. Payroll is super easy, and their customer service is to notch!

Nothing, it's been great over the last two years.

Lisa
Director of Customer Development in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

Extremely easy to use

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I love this app! I can quickly find my payroll information from a high level or I can drill down into the details. It is so easy to log into and find what I am looking for right away. I also like that our 401K information is also in this app so I do not have several apps for all my payroll information.

Once in a while, I can't log into the app. I get the spinning wheel of death so I close out and try to relog in. Once I had to use the website because the app would not work at all but this has been minimal and I have been using this for over 2 years.

Rachel
Payroll HR in VS
Automotive, 501-1.000 werknemers

Great software for small companies.

4,0 2 weken geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The overall software is great and easy to use; however, that seems to apply best to a small company with fewer than 100 employees.

I liked the point-and-click functionality of the software.

This software seems to be geared for smaller companies, whereas the company I was working for at the time of using Paychex Flex had over 500 employee

Adam
Campus Support Team Director in VS

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Unfortunately, the UI is awful and has a steep learning curve

2,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Pretty bad if I'm being honest. If we were to pick software again, we would pick someone else.

The customer service is helpful, although I wish I didn't have to call them as much as I do.

It's surprising to me that this company is a big competitor in this space. I think their software is extremely difficult to learn how to use and graphically looks like it was made in Windows 95. I use the administrative side mostly and have people coming to me all the time with questions because it's not easy or intuitive enough to learn on your own. Software should be created and designed so that it's easy enough for people to pick up and start using immediately. PayChex Flex is not one of those softwares.

Cody
Finance Director in VS
Biotechnologie, 11-50 werknemers

Great provider (unless your company is within 3 degrees of separation from cannabis)

4,0 11 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It was great until it wasn't. Again, most of our essential services were terminated with only a 30-day notice, and their proposed solution was a handful of complicated workarounds while maintaining our current price, so we were pushed into fast-paced negotiations with alternative vendors.While we used it, though, it was a nice service, particularly the portal itself. Their interface is speedy and well-designed, and while there isn't much in the way of "customer success training" to help figure out exactly how to use it, it's very intuitive once you spend a few months with it figuring out how all the different pieces fit together.Bottom line, the system itself works very well, but don't lean too hard on the parts that involve human beings doing things & making decisions.

For what we paid, everything worked REALLY well. It met our needs & made payroll a simple and consistent process, which left more time to work on more operations-focused processes. Paychex offered multiple tiers of service & an array of useful add-ons which come together to provide a rich suite of functions for organizations of nearly any size.

After more than a year of quality service, they kicked us off all our electronic services with only a 30-day notice because we were a "cannabis business", which was not strictly true -- we weren't buying or selling marijuana, but rather a lab performing state-mandated compliance testing. We lost direct deposit, TaxPay, etc., but they wanted to continue charging us the same contract price despite massive loss of service.Customer support was variable quality--we were paying for the tier which included ongoing dedicated support, but our rep changed multiple times over the course of a year, usually without any kind of warning--often we wouldn't find out until we emailed in about something to find they'd been moved to a different department.

Elizabeth
Fiscal Officer in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Sold on features that never worked correctly

2,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Previously, our payroll was completed in house. We were sold on Paychex being a one-stop shop that would save us time and have everything flow seamlessly in one system. Unfortunately, that never happened. We had issues with the payroll implementation that were never actually resolved. We switched to Paychex for employee insurance, and spent over six months trying to correct the errors.

I enjoyed the ease of using the software and report options.

Our biggest issue with the software was based on the needs of our company. As a non-profit we have multiple funding streams in which employees may work. After communicating with the payroll implementation team, we set up the system as advised. Several months after we went live, the inaccurate setup caused errors in our general ledger reports, and I personally had to key journal entries of over 1,000 lines bi-weekly just to get the information accurately recorded in our general ledger software. This added one to two days of work onto my already hectic schedule. When we asked to change the setup, we were told that it would take too much time and wouldn't be possible, even though we were paying thousands of dollars a month for this service.

Emmanuel
Senior Grant Accountant in VS
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers

Good product overall

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It's a good product for a small to medium size company. Again, my review is from a user standpoint, not an administrator. I really have no negative remarks for Paychex Flex.

Recording time is relatively easy. W2s and paysubs are easily obtainable Easy to navigate

From a user standpoint, nothing really.

Irma
Manager in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

Paychex ROCKS

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: 1000% Satisfied - they are the best in the industry!

One stop does it all - all calls answered day or night and even on weekends and holidays - have done it and they are amazing!

I wish Paychex had been introduced sooner

Fred
C.O.O. in VS
Research, 2-10 werknemers

Vendor Review

Customer Service - Friendlly and always on time, flexible 401K program

Can't think of any problems we have had in years of use

Jennifer
Office Manager in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Paychex makes payroll easier!

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Paychex has been wonderful! I have used other third party payroll companies in the past and have had terrible experiences. My account manager is great at his job!

My payroll account manager is great! He's always available and helpful when I need help.

There's really nothing that I don't dislike about Paychex.

Ashton
Finance Manager in VS
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 11-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice

I have never been happy with Paychex.

1,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: They never fully finished helping us get our platform set up. There is suppose to be a general ledger integration that is suppose to give us a report that breaks down our payroll items so we can enter the details into the books. No one has ever helped us set up our platform so this works. The report is always blank. I spent over a year trying to get people to help set this up so it would work and every customer service person would just pass the buck or tell me they would get back to me but never did. Then with the time clock feature it would be great if they would stop trying to change and update it. I spend more time fixing employees time punches because Paychex is down. Furthermore, the new timeclock platform that Paychex is trying to launch seems scares me because they seem to be missing a lot of key features that were on the old one. Finally, I don't know what their employees do all day. I swear our service reps are out of the office more than they are ever in the office.

The software looks like it should work well and that is has a lot of features that would be helpful. I do like how they take care of a lot of the tax related things so that I don't have to create and file all the different employment tax documents.

Timeclock system is often down.Poor customer service.No follow through to make sure everything was finalized on initial setup.They always try to sell me new products when the ones I have don't work.Talked to a Paychex Technical support employee who admitted that the back end was not that great.

Marta
Head of HR
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers

Paychex Flex

1,0 8 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Procured the total HRO package (payroll, 401k, FSA, Time & Attendance, HRIS, HR Compliance and HR Generalist). There is no HRIS compatibility with the Payroll system, one has to run separate reports. Anytime Paychex updates their website, links do not work to the other features and or issues occur. Example, PTO accrual stopped working properly so we had to start accruing PTO manually and users not properly redirected to their links in the Learning center. On the payroll side the support is a black hole. Specifically any state registrations that are not properly loaded by Paychex and result in state tax fees which do not get resolved without employer paying penalty. Numerous emails do not get acknowledged. The implementation process is juvenile and lacks complete project management scope. Overall communication and execution by Paychex is so poor, one finally stops being frustrated and simply begins search for better system, which we are doing.

Compliance. Nice to have employee handbook online and learning center for compliance training is also helpful. While Paychex payroll has strong workflow rules and meets general processing requirements, they make everything else so painful, therefore one could never recommend them. It would be like telling someone it's okay to cross a bridge that you know could collapse any moment and that you know is no longer maintained.

Assigned customer reps - unresponsive or not timely in responses until escalations. Paychex's lack of technology understanding - every time they upgrade they do not test what the impact to customer use and all their products. They had a big upgrade in late December 2015, their system was not accessible from early morning until the evening (end of year!). Multiple email and calls yielded no information. Finally at 4pm we get an email that they were experiencing problems and would be back live shortly. Who does that? While learning center is a nice to have, spent an hour giving feedback and nothing changed, e.g., the CA Manager Anti- Sexual harassment training is 2.5 hours all in one shot. Not standard for training needs - asked them to break into 4 modules so it would not be daunting to busy leaders....crickets.

Heather
Director of Databases in VS
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers

Easy to use as an employee

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As a user, Paychex provides an easy-to-use platform for time tracking and paycheck information. I downloaded the app but chose to stick with the website due to the straightforward nature of being able to clock in and out quickly, request PTO, and approve employee time tracking with a few clicks in a web browser.

Paychex is easy to use as an employee. Being able to clock in and out is simple - there is a button to click that records the punches. I've also used the timesheet to manually enter time, which is also straightforward. As a supervisor, seeing my direct report's timesheet is handy. To approve, it's a matter of checking a box for approval - I feel like it could not get any simpler as an end user.

While easy to use, I'm not too fond of the feature for switching between the employee (self) details and supervisor (direct report) details. A switch role function in the upper corner is not necessarily intuitive. I would love for there to be a way to have it all on the same "home" page rather than having to switch roles. While I personally do not have anything to do with the setup of Paychex, I am going to assume there are some issues from there, as our HR department seemed to have difficulty making updates to the system regularly.

Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
Bron: GetApp

Way better services out there for cheaper prices

4,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Do not rely on them to let you know by hiring an employee in another state, you are subject to any additional state/local taxes outside of income tax and unemployment tax. We didn't know we were required to have disability insurance & paid family leave insurance for hiring an employee in NY. I guess I can't blame Paychex because technically it's not a tax but because we began payroll in NY, it required us to carry it. I'm more mad about the fact that it is optional to withhold a small portion of the employees wages for disability insurance or the employer can cover the whole cost. Paychex just started withholding the max portion from the employee without ever saying a word to us. So 1.) they knew we were subject to it and didn't bother to say anything and 2.) they started an optional withholding from employee checks without ever having us sign off on it. They will be easy to reach when they need something, but very very slow if you need something. They switched our assigned payroll specialist so many times that I don't even know who it is now to let them know we are switching at the end of the quarter.

The only thing I can say I liked is that they pay the tax and file the required quarterly/annual reports.

Very confusing just to have a rate for an employee. There's multiple areas in the employee file where you can add "compensation" & "earnings & deductions". Compensation is where you can add their rate (if you don't, it will notify you that you're not paying minimum wage). You figure you need to add at least one category of earnings like hourly or salary in order to pay an employee. So I added their hourly rates to compensation then added Hourly to their Earnings along with their rate again. The Hourly specifically states RATE X HOURS. Yet, by having both of these, you'll end up paying the employees twice. No problem right. Reports take kind of long to download, and not easily customizable.

Peter
Accountant, Tax Preparer, IT consultant in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Paychex has FINALLY gotten it right

5,0 7 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Payroll reports for my clients are at my fingertips!

Paychex FLEX is easy to navigate, fast at loading reports and pages, and gives you access to what you need. As an accountant it is vital for me to be able to have access to the reports and items I need to get accounting and taxes done without having to jump through hoops to get that information. Many payroll firms make this task frustrating and time consuming. With Paychex FLEX I have one log in for all of my clients and can easily navigate to the company and reports that I need every month or at year-end within a few minutes (including the login process).

One thing I don't like is that the default view for reports is set to the last 90 days. Many times, especially dealing with tax forms, I need reports that were created more than 90 days ago. Also, since the newest reports go to the top of the list you already have the most recent reports at the top. Why not default to the past year and then just let me filter down to a smaller group of reports if that's what I want? Other than that small gripe, they have done a lot to improve their FLEX format. When it was first released everyone hated it but it has finally been improved to the point that it is extremely usable. The problem is that it seems like every time they get things just right they move to a new platform and "upgrade" their systems. I understand that this might be a necessary evil but it sure does cause a lot of growing pains for the end-user.

Devon
Architect in VS
Internet, 11-50 werknemers

PayChex Flex is not that flexible.

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Intuit should concede with their payroll platform and buy paychex, and paychex should enhance their integration and modernize the platform to something more agile like quickbooks. Employees should be able to onboard easier just as if they were buying something on Amazon. All of the 3rd party vendors that seem to be value added services are just more portals and passwords needing to be centralized.

When it works and the overloaded staff can actually assist you, it is an absolutely awesome service. I have used PayChex since about 2015. Back in the day my first representative was the absolute most amazing advisor and gave me confidence when speaking with her because I could tell she knew her job. Over time as we added more states and switched companies, our SUI numbers became switched, bank accounts and invoicing was not aligned.

Besides the reports that you are inundated with, the platform feels like it can actually perform, but truthfully it is pitiful java platform. The two factor auth is great but gets on my nerves and the fact that you cannot integrate with other identity providers or into your actual backoffice systems is a shame.

Joshua
Controller in VS
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

BIG DECISION

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, the experience has been neutral. I do have a good payroll account manager. However, Paychex does promote these positions very rapidly. It seems like any time I am assigned a knowledgeable payroll account manager, they are promoted. This leads me to have concerns regarding the consistency of reliable customer support.

I like the general ease of use that this software offers. I have had favorable experiences with my current payroll account manager.

There are often times glitches that can cause issues with payroll deductions. It is crucial to double and triple check your PRINTED COPY prior to submitting each payroll.

Kate
VP, Custom Solutions in VS
Marktonderzoek, 51-200 werknemers

Not user friendly, slow, difficult

2,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Having used a custom made timeclock at another company, as well as used ADP, I do not have a lot to compare against but would guess that almost anything would be better than this.

There is nothing - if I had the authority to switch, I would.

The interface is clunky and makes managing time punches difficult - there are nuances that are not intuitive where you have to enter or edit a punch in a very specific way or it will cause duplicates or the system will try to combine it with another punch which means that sometimes you have to do it multiple times in slightly different ways before you get the desired result. The reporting is also not intuitive, the wording used for templated report names is vague so that I have to go through many to find one that I want. We've experienced multiple and not infrequent issues with the program from employees logging in to a white screen, to managers not receiving notifications of time off requests which can cause significant issues.