Gemiddelde scores

4,1 /5
  • Klantenservice
    3,9 /5

Over Paychex Flex

Beheer salarisadministratie, online of in-house, en bespaar geld op urenregistratie, rapporten en verwerking van salarisadministratie.

Meer informatie over Paychex Flex

997 reviews worden weergegeven

James D.
Founder, President
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-1-2019

"Better than the competition, and it's secure"

Opmerkingen: This system was preferred before switching to ADP, however their cost at the time resulted in us switching to ADP

Pluspunten: I like the fact they require two factor authentication. Their customer service used to be good and is still decent compared to ADP. Their system can be fully customized for reports and coding purposes. Their reporting is much better than ADP

Minpunten: Their support has gone down hill in the last year in addition to their pricing is about 20% higher than ADP on most items. Lacks an employee portal standard on all plans

• Beoordeeld op 14-1-2019
Eric S.
HR Manager
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019

"Everything we need and more"

Opmerkingen: Paychex Flex has cut the time we spend processing payroll requests in half, if not more. Giving employees the ability to make most changes on their own allows our Payroll Admin to focus on other parts of the business that require more attention.

Pluspunten: I love that I can get new employees set up as users during their onboarding, then this becomes their one-stop-shop for all things payroll. They can access this site to get their pay stubs, make changes to their direct deposit, enroll/change health benefits, and even make adjustments to their 401k plans.

Minpunten: The only real con I have found with this system is that employees can not make changes to their mailing addresses themselves. They are still required to fill out a form for our Payroll Admin and he has to call Paychex to make the change. This seems like something simple that employees should be able to do themeselves.

• Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019
Elisa B.
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 30-9-2020

"Paychex Flex for Small Business"

Opmerkingen: My overall experience with the software has been positive. I can run payroll very quickly and everything comes back in a digital format for me to save, upload, or print for my records. They also have amazing customer service which they make personal and memorable.

Pluspunten: The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. There isn't anything hidden or difficult to figure out. Users can easily manipulate the software without guidance because everything is clear and concise.

Minpunten: I have not found anything about the software that was challenging or difficult to figure out, so far, the platform is everything a small business needs to get started with payroll.

• Beoordeeld op 30-9-2020
Adam J.
Campus Support Team Director
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-10-2019

"Unfortunately, the UI is awful and has a steep learning curve"

Opmerkingen: Pretty bad if I'm being honest. If we were to pick software again, we would pick someone else.

Pluspunten: The customer service is helpful, although I wish I didn't have to call them as much as I do.

Minpunten: It's surprising to me that this company is a big competitor in this space. I think their software is extremely difficult to learn how to use and graphically looks like it was made in Windows 95. I use the administrative side mostly and have people coming to me all the time with questions because it's not easy or intuitive enough to learn on your own. Software should be created and designed so that it's easy enough for people to pick up and start using immediately. PayChex Flex is not one of those softwares.

• Beoordeeld op 8-10-2019
Joshua E.
Controller
Bouw, 51-200 werknemers

"BIG DECISION"

Opmerkingen: Overall, the experience has been neutral. I do have a good payroll account manager. However, Paychex does promote these positions very rapidly. It seems like any time I am assigned a knowledgeable payroll account manager, they are promoted. This leads me to have concerns regarding the consistency of reliable customer support.

Pluspunten: I like the general ease of use that this software offers. I have had favorable experiences with my current payroll account manager.

Minpunten: There are often times glitches that can cause issues with payroll deductions. It is crucial to double and triple check your PRINTED COPY prior to submitting each payroll.

Kanwal R.
Schoolleiding, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-5-2020

"Great product"

Opmerkingen: Customer service is the only downside. Otherwise, we are happy with the system itself.

Pluspunten: We used to rely on our accountant in the past. This is a great way to have access to anything at anytime. Another perk is that the employees are able to review their tax documents remotely as well.

Minpunten: This is not really related to the software itself, but the customer service continues to be an ongoing problem. God forbid if you receive a notice from EDD or IRS, you'll be chasing behind people to follow up. I wish whatever forms are submitted, we can have access to them from a particular page along with the outcomes.

• Beoordeeld op 7-5-2020
Justine C.
HR Manager
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-1-2020

"Payroll"

Opmerkingen: Payroll, Admin for Employees keeping records.

Pluspunten: The system was friendly to use and easier to do payroll when you were ready.
There wasn't constant updates every day and you were assigned a representative to assist you with any issues.

Minpunten: Sometimes you run into an issues and your representative is out of the office you may get someone else who is not aware of the issue.

• Beoordeeld op 21-1-2020
Bernadette T.
Admin
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-1-2020

"Lacking Proper Customer Service"

Opmerkingen: Overall the system is good but their customer service needs to be more organized and at least be able to help you look into something when you need answers.

Pluspunten: We like that employees can log in and update their personal account info. such as new address ect. we also like that they can download their tax forms and so on

Minpunten: Every time we've had questions it seems as though no one there has the answers we need. This can be very frustrating!

• Beoordeeld op 22-1-2020
Anang M.
Restaurants, 11-50 werknemers

"Paychex Needs work"

Opmerkingen: One and Done (Actually 2 and Done as I gave them another chance to fix things)

Pluspunten: Sales Team was good and responsive mostly when issues occurred (almost every payroll we had issues as well as with the Recruitment module)

Minpunten: Over promised and under delivered. Recruitment and on-boarding never worked and we paid extra for this. The sales team rushed paper employee handbooks and manually entered our new hires as the self-service module did not work

Kevin C.
Paraprofessional
Schoolleiding, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-11-2020

"Easy to use and navigate"

Opmerkingen: Good- I like how everything is in one platform and easy to navigate.

Pluspunten: Paychex flex is easy to use and navigate. It is nice because you are able to see your login and logout times, finds previous pay checks/w2's, and if multiple companies use paychex flex program, then you able to view all at once--which is awesome! I like that they have an app too!

Minpunten: I have had issues with the mobile app- for example, it is common where I cannot login at the site. I know this was common among my co-workers as well.

• Beoordeeld op 17-11-2020
Erin S.
Manager of Strategic Partnerships
Filantropie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-10-2017

"Paychex Flex gives me peace of mind"

Opmerkingen: Overall, I have been very pleased with Paychex as a company and their online platform, Paychex Flex.  I have the peace of mind that our payroll is in capable hands.

Pluspunten: It is easy to use and it gives me a peace of mind that our company's payroll is in capable hands. Their customer service is great. Each customer has a dedicated payroll specialist, so every time I have a question I am talking to the same person. Our payroll specialist has always been very helpful any time I have had weird situations or questions. Paychex withholds all the appropriate taxes for both the employee and employer and then files them when the appropriate government entities. Our business is located Ohio, which has a complex tax structure including both state and local taxes. Paychex has saved me so much time and stress.

Minpunten: I wish that Paychex Flex tracked pay increases. That is the only thing that I liked better about our previous payroll provider. Our previous payroll provider had a tab that showed an employee's salary history and the date of each raise. Paychex Flex does not have this, so I have to track it separately. I wish they had a more intuitive reporting function. The standard payroll reports are laid out very well and are very easy to run, but if I need to run a report that it out of the ordinary, I usually end up calling my payroll specialist because I can't find the report. To be fair, the couple of times this has happened I have been looking for a report having to do with workers comp and since workers comp is run by a government entity in Ohio it has some added complexities.

• Beoordeeld op 13-10-2017
Peter S.
Accountant, Tax Preparer, IT consultant
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-11-2017

"Paychex has FINALLY gotten it right"

Opmerkingen: Payroll reports for my clients are at my fingertips!

Pluspunten: Paychex FLEX is easy to navigate, fast at loading reports and pages, and gives you access to what you need. As an accountant it is vital for me to be able to have access to the reports and items I need to get accounting and taxes done without having to jump through hoops to get that information. Many payroll firms make this task frustrating and time consuming. With Paychex FLEX I have one log in for all of my clients and can easily navigate to the company and reports that I need every month or at year-end within a few minutes (including the login process).

Minpunten: One thing I don't like is that the default view for reports is set to the last 90 days. Many times, especially dealing with tax forms, I need reports that were created more than 90 days ago. Also, since the newest reports go to the top of the list you already have the most recent reports at the top. Why not default to the past year and then just let me filter down to a smaller group of reports if that's what I want? Other than that small gripe, they have done a lot to improve their FLEX format. When it was first released everyone hated it but it has finally been improved to the point that it is extremely usable. The problem is that it seems like every time they get things just right they move to a new platform and "upgrade" their systems. I understand that this might be a necessary evil but it sure does cause a lot of growing pains for the end-user.

• Beoordeeld op 7-11-2017
Candace E.
Google CS First Instructor
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-4-2018

"Paychex Flex the next best electronic payroll system!"

Opmerkingen: The benefits of using Paychex Flex software is that the product is available online to users. Other benefits include being able to select a specific payment plan or subscription suitable for the company to aid the human resources aspects of payroll. Additional benefits include accessing a dashboard with all employee information to be edited or submitted at once. More benefits of utilizing Paychex Flex include developing quick reports such as payroll statistics. Paychex Flex is a good tool to administer payroll for your company.

Pluspunten: Paychex Flex is an online software that human resources personnel can utilize for payroll. Paychex Flex has various subscriptions that company's can select depending on the types of features. Paychex Flex offers an employee dashboard that requires an username, password, and pin number. Paychex Flex allows users to disburse amounts of funds to contractors, employees, vendors, and sponsors. Paychex Flex offers tools, tutorials, and customer support related to the online library and overall application.

Minpunten: Paychex Flex requires a new verification code upon logging into the dashboard. Users listed in the Paychex Flex may not be deleted depending on administrative rights to complete such an action. Paychex Flex may provide usernames and passwords to administrators and not employees, thus employees may not be able to update time card electronically. Paychex Flex allows time card adjustments to be made by the administrator. Paychex Flex allows payroll adjustments to be made by the administrator.

• Beoordeeld op 9-4-2018
Devon D.
Architect
Internet, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-5-2020

"PayChex Flex is not that flexible."

Opmerkingen: Intuit should concede with their payroll platform and buy paychex, and paychex should enhance their integration and modernize the platform to something more agile like quickbooks. Employees should be able to onboard easier just as if they were buying something on Amazon. All of the 3rd party vendors that seem to be value added services are just more portals and passwords needing to be centralized.

Pluspunten: When it works and the overloaded staff can actually assist you, it is an absolutely awesome service. I have used PayChex since about 2015. Back in the day my first representative was the absolute most amazing advisor and gave me confidence when speaking with her because I could tell she knew her job. Over time as we added more states and switched companies, our SUI numbers became switched, bank accounts and invoicing was not aligned.

Minpunten: Besides the reports that you are inundated with, the platform feels like it can actually perform, but truthfully it is pitiful java platform. The two factor auth is great but gets on my nerves and the fact that you cannot integrate with other identity providers or into your actual backoffice systems is a shame.

• Beoordeeld op 28-5-2020
Amy S.
Consumentendiensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018

"Paychex Flex is a robust payroll solution that can accommodate almost any payroll need."

Pluspunten: Together with the company's team of payroll specialists, Paychex Flex is an effective payroll solution for small and large companies alike. As administrator for a small company, I appreciate having permissions to manage my company's staff in the tool while allowing the payroll specialist from Paychex to key in the biweekly payroll data. This delegation of duties gives me control over the the job functions that are most important to me. The General Ledger integration with QuickBooks Online is configurable and works well once set up to meet your business needs. The 3rd party integrator's staff is professional and diaplays an expert knowledge of both Paychex Flex and Quickbooks. What I like most about Paychex Flex is that our tax returns and payments at the Federal level and for most states are done for us automatically.

Minpunten: The browser interface is unattractive and not always self explanatory. The client id, which is needed on all email correspondence with your payroll specialist and is displayed on the banner at the top of the screen, cannot be copied and pasted into emails. The filter feature on the Person screen doesn't work consistently, and I frequently have to reapply the same filter so that only active staff appear. Online help for the software can be misleading or inaccurate. After following instructions for 1) giving access to staff and 2) adding a new state for withholdings, without success, I learned from my payroll specialist that I didn't have the ability to perform either task through the software.

• Beoordeeld op 26-7-2018
Debbie H.
HR/Payroll/Office Manager
Informatiediensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-6-2018

"Love the Ease if Online Benefit Administration"

Opmerkingen: Survey software is not something that I usually recommend.

Pluspunten: The best thing about this software is that I can do everything I need to do on my computer or mobile phone at any time of the day or night. The application is very easy to access and I administer payroll, 401k, health, dental and vision benefits, FSA and employee additions/changes over the application. Almost every service I utilize through Paychex is on this application. Invaluable! If I'm out of town I can still submit payroll! WOW! What a game changer Paychex Flex has been! The old way of doing business is out the window with Paychex Flex replacing it in a very positive way!

Minpunten: There is a couple of items that I would like to see enhanced. In people, I would like the ability to always pull up my preferred view of employees without having to click on the apply button. My preferred view is saved but will not display until I click on apply. Second, on the people drop down menu from the upper right corner, I would like the ability to select that view as well. When that drop down is selected I get all the employees that have ever been entered into the Paychex database - terminated and active. I want to be able to display just the active employees in that drop down. These are just enhancement requests that in no way affect the valuable pros of the application. The items in the cons are just "nice to haves".

• Beoordeeld op 29-6-2018
Sarah R.
customer service rep
Informatiediensten, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-7-2019

"A little Wonky to Navigate"

Pluspunten: It is convenient for small businesses and employees who work from home or don't have one check in location. It has some nice features for checking how many hours have been working if you are actually clocking in and out from the site itself. Once you actually figure things out and have your account set up, it's conveniently all right there in front of you to see what your sick time is, clock in/out, etc.
It keeps all your info from your previous jobs that have used the site PLUS holds your tax info conveniently for you, which is quite handy.

Minpunten: It's pretty difficult to navigate. A lot of the site doesn't really explain where to go or what to do so you kind of just have to poke around it until you figure things out. I guess it's kind of typical for sites like this. It's also kind of nightmare to get your log in info if you lose it, so just don't. You get locked out after 3 tries and then have to call the help desk and it turns into a pretty complicated ordeal. Conveniently though, the site log in remembers your info though. There is a LOT of maintenance, constantly and when you get messages in your inbox, they never seem to go away, but that's just nit-picky stuff that's not really important.

• Beoordeeld op 27-7-2019
Peter G.
Owner/Manager
Visserij, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 10-3-2019

"A great asset to have when running and business."

Pluspunten: The software itself allows me to eliminate the need for a time clock for my employees. They are able to have the app installed on their company issued smartphones and log in with their fingerprint access on the phone (which the app supports) and can clock into work in no time. They also have the availability to request time off, check vacation, sick and personal balances, view pay stubs and a ton of other features geared toward self help for the employee. This software saves me money so that I do not have to pay someone to sit and calculate all of the different times and payroll sheets. I would be lost without Paychex Flex.

Minpunten: The app can be a little slow at times. They also schedule down time on the overnight hours until 530am when most of our work does begin before that. It is a simple fix as I can enter staffs time manually when needed. You also need to trust your employees to punch in and out when they actually show up to a job site and not while driving home.

• Beoordeeld op 10-3-2019
Anthony A.
Payroll Manager
Kansspelen en casino's, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 27-11-2020

"Better than ADP"

Opmerkingen: Overall the implementation is the easiest I have ever experienced and you get quality software and service.

Pluspunten: I love service you get a full time service representative assigned to you which ADP does no have. And I love that personal service.

Minpunten: The basic reporting could be better. You have to pay for custom reports which some reports should be standard.

• Beoordeeld op 27-11-2020
Matthew H.
Horeca, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-6-2017

"Excellent company top to bottom"

Pluspunten: Paychex has been top-notch for over five years, when I switched to them from another payroll company. I operate a small seasonal business with about 10 employees, and from the beginning I have received all the support that I need for my payroll and tax responsibilities, and at a more reasonable rate than I was paying before. I deal with one single payroll specialist every week (unless she is on vacation or something), which I love, and if she is unavailable the fill-in specialists have been able to take care of my payroll, which is not quite standard, without any issues. The website took a little getting used to initially, but I download my reports from there every week, quarter, and year, and everything is easy to find and use. I couldn't recommend Paychex more highly, at least for any business such as mine.

Minpunten: If anything, I feel that it would be good to consider a website review and edit - I do not have anything specific to offer in terms of what to change, but it did seem a little confusing the first few times using it. I don't have any issues now, but admittedly I only log on to do the same thing (download the report) each week, quarter, and year.

• Beoordeeld op 7-6-2017
Emmanuel V.
Senior Grant Accountant
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019

"Good product overall"

Opmerkingen: It's a good product for a small to medium size company. Again, my review is from a user standpoint, not an administrator. I really have no negative remarks for Paychex Flex.

Pluspunten: Recording time is relatively easy.
W2s and paysubs are easily obtainable
Easy to navigate

Minpunten: From a user standpoint, nothing really.

• Beoordeeld op 5-11-2019
Human Resources Specialist (Lead Role)
  • Beoordeeld op 5-6-2018

"I have worked with Paychex for HR and Payroll purposes."

Opmerkingen: We were able to reduce storage of paper statements that were never picked up. We were able to increase employee morale by giving our employees the ability to see their own data and make time off requests on their own.

Pluspunten: The user friendly approach within the Employee Online Access. We had employees that were afraid to go paperless with pay statements but with a little training everyone began utilizing the system. I liked the time and attendance module which allowed employees to see their own timesheets and administratiors to make corrections/update their staff timesheets and approve prior to payroll processing.

Minpunten: I disliked the fact that the payroll module didn't link directly with time and attendance, we had thought that what was done in time and attendance regarding time off balances would automatically feed to payroll and reflect on our employees pay statements. But we found out that we had to do adjustments in both windows to ensure it matched.

• Beoordeeld op 5-6-2018
Brandi G.
Management non-profit organisaties, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-9-2019

"Easy to Use"

Opmerkingen: This was definitely a transition for staff but well worth it. All of the information available is awesome and it is very easy to use. Highly recommended.

Pluspunten: This software is great. It is easy to clock in and out as well as find all of your necessary information including W-2 and salary information. Requesting vacation time as well and checking sick and vacation balances is all there at a click of a button. You can set up your area so even if staff if clocking in or out on their mobile phone, you know they were still actually at work.

Minpunten: We had some issues in the beginning with staff not being able to clock in and out but once you get all of the kinks worked out its great.

• Beoordeeld op 12-9-2019
Payroll/ HR Admin
Textiel, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-1-2019

"Don't bite off more than you can chew"

Opmerkingen: We transferred over from Preview to Flex in March and have had some sort of issue (always a new problem) with running payroll from glitches, to inaccuracies in accruals due to incomplete data transfers to random errors like pay rates suddenly not being mapped to the proper pay components. Overall Paychex has great features and I love that our employees are offered the option to view their stubs and w-2s online and request time off but, I feel like they need to train their employees more on their updates and work out the kinks before they release updates because it causes a lot of unexpected error on the user end which cause a delay and inconvenisnce on our end.

Pluspunten: I like that their Flex software is "live" and you no longer need to transmit hours as a file.

Minpunten: New features are released with glitches, representatives are NEVER available, it takes a lot of follow-up to get assistance and they pass you from representative to representative like a "hot potato".

• Beoordeeld op 7-1-2019
Renae R.
Controller
Machine- en installatiebouw, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-10-2017

"Good Website"

Pluspunten: I do like how the website is laid out and how easy it is to run reports, set up new employees, and enter in payroll. In general the reps are helpful and you dont always have to talk to just your assigned rep to get answers.

Minpunten: When there is a tax problem, the only person you can talk to is your rep, who general doesn't know anything about taxes and can only pass the question onto the tax department. Once you ask the question, it can a few weeks before you even hear back from someone about the status of your questions. It gets put into a queue and you are not told if or when it will get answered. This is very frustrating when it comes to time sensitive tax issues.

• Beoordeeld op 20-10-2017