MimeCast Email Security reviews

4,3 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,5 /5

Over MimeCast Email Security

Beveilig e-mails door risico's te beperken en gebruik te maken van e-mailversleuteling en bedreigingsbescherming.

Meer informatie over MimeCast Email Security

67 reviews worden weergegeven

Nathan E.
Network Analyst
  • Beoordeeld op 19-6-2018

"Great cloud-based email scanning and filtering service."

Opmerkingen: Highly-scalable and customizable email scanning and filtering in the cloud.

Pluspunten: Highly configurable. Very flexible. Provides multiple layers of protection on both inbound and outbound messages. Includes great tools for tracking and reporting.

Minpunten: Some of the layout in the admin console can be a bit confusing as to where certain settings are configured.

• Beoordeeld op 19-6-2018
Matt M.
Systems Administrator
  • Beoordeeld op 23-7-2018

"Comprehensive Email Security"

Pluspunten: very feature rich
constantly adding new features to increase layers of protection
integrates well with other Mimecast products
easy for users to understand Mimecast security alerts

Minpunten: configuring some of the policies can be confusing
occasional feature overlap
some SPAM email will still get through unless you set very strict filters

• Beoordeeld op 23-7-2018
Server Administrator
Informatiediensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2018

"Solid product with a lot of features and functionality"

Opmerkingen: We use this product to protect about 8000 mailboxes.

Pluspunten: Where do i begin?
This is an advanced product for email filtering.
It is solid and works well.
Solid product to put in front of your email server or your cloud platform instance as it offers better than average threat protection.

Minpunten: Interface is not intuitive at all and it will take some getting used to.

Sr. PO
Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019

"Very accurate at filtering out spam"

Opmerkingen: Accurate for filtering out spam emails, could use a revamp on the dashboard

Pluspunten: Tool is very accurate at filtering out spam emails and delivering them in a single daily digest so user can pick to read any of them if needed

Minpunten: The user dashboard is hard to get to, and not so user friendly. Email attachments can get lost, specially when coming from outside the company

• Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Manny P.
Management non-profit organisaties, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2018

"Great email Security software"

Opmerkingen: Mimecast can be made more user-friendly and there could always be more improvements made.

Pluspunten: Ideal for monitoring emails and very simple setup for retrieve old emails. Integrates easily with O365 and user's can simply access their emails at anytime.

Minpunten: The software every now and then with some user's has ongoing errors with client credentials when passwords are reset, annoying some users.

Lawyer
Rechtspraktijk, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 21-3-2019

"Has saved me from many embarrasing phishing scams!"

Pluspunten: We have had Mimecast installed on our computers at work since I began working here. There has not yet been one phishing scam (other than internal tests) that has slipped through the mimecast security cracks. This is a must have!

Minpunten: There are times where the plugin fails or it crashes and suddenly disappears from Outlook. I think the outlook integration should be fixed.

• Beoordeeld op 21-3-2019
Connor S.
IT Manager
Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-12-2018

"Mimecast is a high quality e-mail security service although a bit pricey"

Opmerkingen: It's just a top notch product, as I said the price is quite high when you look at the competitors however I guarantee you that the support and functionality won't be as good as MimeCasts.

Pluspunten: The functionality of the software is amazing, no matter what your setup or need is I'm sure that MimeCast will be able to accommodate you. The customer support has been amazing, every time I have contacted them they've resolved the issue in a thorough and quick manner.

Minpunten: The price, it's a high price compared to some of it's competitors however I do firmly believe you're getting what you pay for. I haven't regretted my purchase of the software at all.

• Beoordeeld op 28-12-2018
Jason C.
Sales Manager
Plastics en kunststoffen, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-9-2020

"It works, Keep junk mail out"

Opmerkingen: This stopped us from getting hacked! Good program, works as it should.

Pluspunten: This is a good program. It really does keep junk and malicious mail out of your inbox. I liked the daily updates on what it caught so I could easily add senders to my approved or blocked lists.

Minpunten: Really none. It could be too sensitive at times but that was resolved with little headache by just approving the sender. However, if you were waiting for a reply and had to go and check Mimecast it could be annoying.

• Beoordeeld op 22-9-2020
Jeffrey S.
Systems Director
Groothandel, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-4-2018

"Best Email Filtering we have found after using the other big names ones"

Opmerkingen: Freed up ALL IT resources for email filtering and monitoring. Rarely have to touch this product.

Pluspunten: It stops 99.9% of the garbage and not just the obvious. The Phone plug in is easier to use then Apples mail and you can see all the email in it, crazy fast too. The Desktop app workk great with outlook, empowers the users and stops call to IT. Setup was easy and support gave us all the best practices to use.

Minpunten: The setup can be a bit tough BUT their support will walk you thru any and all issues. Wish there was more SSO options as we have users who would like most software handed to them completely configured and ready to us(no registering).

• Beoordeeld op 19-4-2018
Janet N.
Administrative Assistant
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 20-8-2018

"Mimecast Keeps Company Email/Data Secure"

Opmerkingen: The Mimecast Secure Email Gateway has provided us with trust and reliability when looking for a better way to manage our critical information in a more secure way. I trust that Mimecast will continue to do great things for our company. If I could put into better words, I would say that this company is totally worth the investment. I see great changes within my organization since it was launched here. We should to get so many emails that would attempt to get private information through false links. But it has seen been much improved with Mimecast. It has taken the guess out of what is real and what is fake.

Pluspunten: I like that Mimecast has features that protect the integrity of our financial email. It's cyber security features are pretty resilient and effective as we aim to strengthen our cyber security measures. My company has just implemented this into our email systems and so far we have seen a change in the level of spam, spyware, malware and other hacking devices. I think we made a great choice going with Mimecast as it is a terrific company if you are looking for email management.

Minpunten: The only thing I do not like but am getting used to is the holding of email until it pushes to outlook. I guess this is protocol to verify outside email but it can be quite annoying as I noticed that some email is held until the end of the work day. I did however, learn that I could go into one of the Mimecast tabs in outlook to find emails that are on hold. No big deal.

• Beoordeeld op 20-8-2018
IT Specialist
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers

"Mimecast Anti Spam"

Opmerkingen: Overall very happy with the reduction in junk emails we have seen since starting Mimecast. The options to tailor the settings to filter more or less of certain types of emails has been really helpful. We have also seen a huge decrease in account compromises because the emails just aren't getting through and do not give our users a chance to make mistake, So helpful!

Pluspunten: Mimecast does a much better job screening the spam email then we got from simply using the built in Microsoft spam filters offered by Office 365 for Outlook. We have anti-virus that supposedly helps prevent spam email as well but since we have started using Mimecast we get virtually zero junk emails in our inboxes which is nice.

Minpunten: The only real complaints I have about Mimecast is the way it sends you emails and asks whether you want to release, block or permit the email that has been placed on hold. This has caused some of our users difficulty and even some of them have reported these emails as spam to us. It is a simple enough process but for some reason our users either don't read them and understand the email or they see it as junk and just ignore them.

Nick M.
Senior Systems Administrator
Rechtspraktijk, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019

"Excellent Email Security"

Opmerkingen: Our overall experience has been pretty positive. This has cut down significantly on the amount of spam coming into our organization. The ability to create bypasses for the existing policies and rules is a huge plus.

Pluspunten: Product is easy to administer once you have all the policies and profile groups setup correctly. Adding a new domain/email address to a bypass is done in text and can be done via browser on computer, mobile phone, etc., making administration very easy during the day and on the go.

Minpunten: They are constantly moving services around to different menus and combining features. If you are used to things being in a certain spot and using muscle memory, this can be confusing. Also, if you have internal documentation about how things are done, this requires checking and updating often.

• Beoordeeld op 17-9-2019
Jim R.
IT Manager
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 17-2-2020

"MimeCast - a must have for email security"

Opmerkingen: it has save us time and time again from attacks and CEO fraud and impersonation attempts

Pluspunten: Mimecast is great platform for email security including sandboxing of attachments, spam filtering, archiving, email link writing secure email delivery and great support team. Mimecast is much better than any on site appliances

Minpunten: Always with is would cost less but compared to proof point, it the way to go.

• Beoordeeld op 17-2-2020
Senior Associate - IT Audit
Administratie, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019

"E-mail Security and Filtering"

Opmerkingen: Increase productivity (less junk mail flowing through without proper checks and balances in place) amongst the workforce, organized e-mail flow (many of our employees work directly out of their e-mail and it is important to keep it as filtered as possible) and overall security - many, many viruses and malware and phishing attacks come via e-mail and Mimecast helps to thwart these!

Pluspunten: We enjoy how it will hold all e-mails that don't meet the criteria to go directly to an inbox in a separate folder and send a summary e-mail each day. Our users have the ability to "permit" "release" or "block" these e-mails which is excellent. It eliminates junk e-mails (potentially) during the day, with the worst case scenario being missing an e-mail for an entire day (has only happened a few times).

Minpunten: Missing a key e-mail because it gets held up in the filtering is troublesome, however, need to simply work to refine filtering criteria to ensure it doesn't repeat

• Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019
Cymry R.
Legal Admin
Rechtspraktijk, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-2-2018

"Daily use of this product is easy with lots of tools, resources and options, but we felt lied to."

Opmerkingen: It makes sending encrypted emails easy and the recipient a reasonably easy way of getting into the information.

Pluspunten: I love that there is a knowledge center with all kinds of information about how to build and use the system in the way that's right for you. I love that there are tons of classes and webinars not only about how to use this product, but how the product came improve your over all company.
Despite the cons listed below, we've enjoyed our daily experience with the service and I think its a reasonable alternative and provides the majority of the services as expected.
I think my favorite thing about this service is how much I can figure out how to do on my own, rather then calling and waiting on hold while someone remotes in and figures it out for me.

Minpunten: When we purchases this product, we explained many times exactly how we wanted it to work and what our firm's needs were. After too many long customer service calls we discovered that the way we wanted the software to work just wasn't what it was designed for. Whats more, apparently its not what anything in the industry is designed to do. Needless to say, we were very frustrated we'd done all this work to transfer us over to using Mimecast for our email security. I felt like if they'd just told us we were wanting the impossible, we would of reformatted our search and very likely still gone with Mimecast, but would of had realistic expectations.

• Beoordeeld op 2-2-2018
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Research, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-3-2019

"Works well most of the time"

Opmerkingen: I would say this is a good solution, but a work in progress nonetheless.

Pluspunten: Ease of use - mimecast makes it super easy to deal with all the annoying spam, and other unwanted messages.

Minpunten: It has been known to "eat" an occasional good-willed email from someone not currently in my network. Also, emails from services where you wish to reset your password can take a day or more to appear in your MimeCast folder.

• Beoordeeld op 16-3-2019
Lindsey H.
Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
  • Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019

"Pretty good software!"

Opmerkingen: I have had a great experience with this software. If they could update their app to be more user friendly, I think they would be unstoppable!

Pluspunten: It always functions as promised. Every software can glitch from time to time, but rarely do I run into major technical issues with this software.

Minpunten: Every once in a while it will hold back emails that I have definitely allowed to come into my inbox, and the app is pretty clunky, but it functions well most of the time which in the end is all that matters.

• Beoordeeld op 26-8-2019
Jon S.
Vice President of Information Technology
Plastics en kunststoffen, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-12-2018

"Mimecast keeps us protected"

Opmerkingen: Mimecast has give the IT Department peace of mind and great strengthened our security posture.

Pluspunten: Mimecast has nearly eliminated phishing attacks and malware via email at our company. It has also greatly reduced spam while still allowing users to catch any false positives and get the emails they need without submitting a ticket.

Minpunten: It was difficult to train users to read through the daily digest, and when some users Blocked certain senders, they didn't realize the wouldn't be able to easily receive future emails from those companies, causing frustrations

Chief Information Officer
Hoger onderwijs, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 22-2-2021

"Mimecast Improvements"

Opmerkingen: We had high levels of spoofing, phishing, and spam. This has helped lessen that.

Pluspunten: We had major issues with email security and this has improved just about everything we could have asked for.

Minpunten: Setup was a little challenging but we worked through it.

• Beoordeeld op 22-2-2021
Samantha R.
Firm Administrator
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019

"Does the job"

Opmerkingen: This is a great overall product and I would certainly recommend it.

Pluspunten: I like that it not only scans and detects malicious/junk emails, it also protects users from links that they click on - scanning the web page before it opens.

Minpunten: I don't like the portal that the junk emails go to. It is not that user friendly but thankfully I don't need to login to it all that often. Emails do take longer to receive by having this security but it is well worth it.

• Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019
Brian H.
Sr. Systems Administrator
Management non-profit organisaties, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-5-2020

"Mimecast has really improved our spam situation and reduced the amount of time we need to deal with"

Opmerkingen: We have had great success with Mimecast. Our user base has really taken to the product, so much so that a few wondered what had happened to all of their spam!

Pluspunten: Mimecast is very good at catching spam before it hits a user's inbox. It also has great features like attachment sandboxing which are eye opening.

Minpunten: Mimecast can be daunting to get set up initially; there are many different configuration screens which all work together. Configuring policies can be confusing, but support is quite capable and you should make use of that resource as you get things up and running.

• Beoordeeld op 13-5-2020
Cyber Security Engineer
Nutsbedrijven, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-4-2021

"Usability"

Pluspunten: The software is easy to use and integrates well into office365. The email filtering stops majority of spam

Minpunten: The features are sometimes limited when on a mobile device and does not seem to filter back through archives quickly compared to on a PC

• Beoordeeld op 12-4-2021
Lindsey H.
Marketing & Business Development Coordinator
  • Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018

"Mimecast....it could be better"

Opmerkingen: I'd like to point out that I am approaching this review from a user standpoint. I want to make it clear that I am not part of my company's IT team, and I am aware that this program has contributed to cleaning up our email server and preventing potentially dangerous/harmful emails from entering our network. As a user, I see somethings that could be fixed, but I know that it is overall doing it's intended job which is good enough for now.

Pluspunten: As a user of this software, I like that I can retrieve ANY of my past emails, even if they have been deleted. It gives me peace of mind that nothing is permanent, and I can keep my inbox organized with minimal emails, knowing that I can access anything at any point. I also appreciate the Mimecast app - I don't have to keep my email on my phone and receive constant updates about what is happening while I am outside of the office. I can log into the Mimecast app at my leisure and see everything that is going on.

Minpunten: I just think it is clunky. It is slow, it doesn't always work, and it sometimes disappears from my computer. Seriously - I've had to download and redownload multiple times (with the help of my IT department). I am unsure if that is because of the software itself or because of it's relationship with Outlook and Citrix, but there are definitely some bugs to smooth out. I also think that the search function is not as easy to use as most search functions. It takes a lot of filtering and keyword searching to find what I am looking for, and sometimes it is an impossible job.

• Beoordeeld op 13-11-2018
Peter P.
System Administrator
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-1-2021

"Robust and easy"

Opmerkingen: Overall, they have been easy to work with and have a robust solution. The rep we have is responsive and always helpful, which is nice. Support is generally good, though recent years have shown that its getting worse.

Pluspunten: The level of granularity in policy creation while still being robust and easy to use.

Minpunten: Troubleshooting, although easier than some software, can be difficult to do via tracking. We've tried chasing down messages that triggered a policy despite being exempt, only to find it was some nuance of how that one policy worked.

• Beoordeeld op 13-1-2021
David M.
Director of Technology Services
  • Beoordeeld op 8-11-2017

"Great product that just works as expected. Easy to use and manage."

Opmerkingen: Email protection

Pluspunten: Mimecast is a great product overall and just works as expected. Because it is a SaaS offering, setup and config is quick and easy and the overall reliability has been everything we expected it to be. Mimecast has also continued to innovate and introduce new offerings to enhance our overall security which is key to staying ahead of the curve from our perspective.

Minpunten: The only con I have with Mimecast is that the administrative console is not the easiest to navigate and is often slow. While the end user facing components are easy to use and do not require much training, the admin portal seems designed by engineers with less end-user perspective. It is also much slower to navigate than other websites.

• Beoordeeld op 8-11-2017