Gemiddelde scores

4,6 /5
  • Klantenservice
    4,4 /5

Over Okta

Okta biedt de basis voor veilige verbindingen tussen mensen en technologie. Gebruik de cloud om op elk gewenst moment toegang te krijgen tot apps op elk apparaat.

Meer informatie over Okta

504 reviews worden weergegeven

Kedar mendhurwar C.
Sr. IT Security Architect
Telecommunicatie, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 5-11-2020

"Okta SSO"

Opmerkingen: If cost is not an issue, this is should be the tool to go to. This is one of the best IAM tools present out there.

Pluspunten: The deployment and app integration with Okta is fairly simple. The tool is very admin friendly and user friendly. It's due to it's ease of use and wide variety of features that it offers, it is one of the best IAM tools and regarded as one of the best SSO solutions out there. The SSO integration is very simple and straightforward with most of the apps and most of the vendors that support SSO integration with Okta. The option to have an independent directory as well as an option to integrate with your existing directory works quite well. Other features such as life cycle management, Directory service and threat management make it a complete package. If cost is not an issue, this is should be the tool to go to. The documentation is very clear and the supoort is very responsive. The deployment takes less than 3 months.

Minpunten: The only downside is the cost which is much higher as compared to its competitors

• Beoordeeld op 5-11-2020
Chase P.
Management non-profit organisaties, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 28-5-2019

"Hands Down The Best SSO/Adaptive MFA Solution on the Market"

Opmerkingen: We have been more than pleased with Okta. It makes signing into a bunch of different applications so much easier and only having to remember one password. Without having any prior knowledge with SAML, being able to set up new applications was still very simple and straightforward.

Pluspunten: Okta has simplified everything for us. The process of setting up applications is pretty straight forward, and the number of applications that are supported is amazing. The adaptive MFA is really neat so we can easily balance security and usability to meet just about everyone's needs. The amount of work we have to do to onboard a new user has been reduced drastically through the support of SCIM and APIs. They continue to innovate and bring out new features that further enhance the usability and security of Okta.

Minpunten: Only minor issues with Okta, primarily being chose of wording for some of the settings that lead to some confusion on when Okta sessions expire.

• Beoordeeld op 28-5-2019
Moises F.
Systems Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 15-3-2021

"Okta for known and custom developed apps."

Opmerkingen: Overall experience is great! As an engineer I like to have as many options when configuring to provide different solutions (Geoblocking, conditional access, ACL). I have been able to help developers integrate the Okta sign-in widget with their apps, add MFA to SaaS and on prem applications. Feedback I have received from admins is that the GUI is easy to use for password resets and updating accounts. Self service for users has a range of options like updating their profile, adding devices for MFA and you can expose which fields they can update.

Pluspunten: Okta is really easy to integrate with known software like AWS, Citrix, Salesforce, Workday, etc but the feature I like the most is the Okta sign-in widget which developers can use for app sign-in and offload the ID management to Okta for authentication and authorization. It is an easy way to have SAML and give user management to other teams so that your developers can focus on enhancing the app and not so much on the sign-in workflows, security and management. I also like the documentation around its API. There is a powershell module as well.

Minpunten: Reporting is basic for an app as well known as Okta. There are times where I needed to get a specific report and I had to gather the data via the logs and api instead of the GUI.

• Beoordeeld op 15-3-2021
Social Media Marketing Manager
  • Beoordeeld op 26-6-2018

"No need to remember a password or ever log in again!"

Pluspunten: I use this software for a company I work with and love how I don't ever have to remember passwords - AND how it logs me in automatically. I'm a man who loves things to be easy, and Okta removes those extra clicks of having to select my username and click submit (I'm looking at you, LastPass).

Minpunten: When I'm logged into Okta, it automatically selects my credentials for me. So for sites that I have lots of user names for, it overrides my ability to choose one. I then have to open an incognito window, and pull my un/pw from LastPass - which is a pain.

• Beoordeeld op 26-6-2018
Elena W.
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-2-2021

"I No Longer Have to Remember Passwords!"

Opmerkingen: I love it. In the future, if I ever get my own business off the ground, I will definitely be considering OKTA as a software that we will use.

Pluspunten: At my company, we had separate logins for SO MANY PLATFORMS. And you know how it goes - each password has to contain a certain number of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, special characters, etc. It was getting so hard to remember passwords, and I was getting sick of having to reset my password every time I logged into something. OKTA solved that problem for me. By navigating to the OKTA page, I could click on one of the "tiles", and it would log me into that platform. Made my life 100x easier.

Minpunten: Occasionally, I would have issues logging into OKTA itself, which made it impossible to log into my other apps. This was a bug that our IT team seemed to fix. Aside of that, a lot of my issues turned out to be user-error. Once I received training for OKTA, all of my problems were resolved.

• Beoordeeld op 16-2-2021
David B.
Security Architect
Telecommunicatie, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019

"Okta Buyer Review"

Opmerkingen: Need to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and policy modeled MFA/Adaptive Authentication along with Directory integration are the main use cases. Okta hit it spot on!

Pluspunten: SaaS Model, easy to provision and supports the most used applications from an access management and directory integration perspective. The user interface and capabilities are light years ahead of the competition.

Minpunten: Limitations around on-premise integration with applications and environments. This is not too bad as a SCIM provisioning agent/component is available to support limited provisioning to on-prem applications.

• Beoordeeld op 2-5-2019
Owen D.
Information Security Engineer
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-8-2020

"Okta integrations is flawless"

Opmerkingen: optimizing overall business processes by streamlining authentication.

Pluspunten: How well it integrates with all of our corporate tools needed to secure the enterprise.

Minpunten: I would request that they expand out the option to remember a device from 10 hours to 12

• Beoordeeld op 18-8-2020
Yuriy U.
Infrastructure Engineer
Financiële dienstverlening, 51-200 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-11-2020

"Solid SSO package."

Opmerkingen: Overall, this really does help with consolidating logins, making onboarding and offboarding a very easy process. There are some admin panel quirks, but overall very useful.

Pluspunten: Software is easy to use and implement. The Control panel just makes sense. Every implementation is very well documented and pretty much walks you through every integration possible. MFA is fairly easy. Support is great. Even pre-sale, we were able to get support from sales engineers and it was great. Pricing is nice too if you go through a reseller.

Minpunten: While the control panel is nice, there are quirks. The bulk delete users process is painful, you almost have to do it one by one. The MFA, while nice, can be quirky. I am getting a bit fed up with the number of authenticator apps on my phone.

• Beoordeeld op 29-11-2020
Benjamin C.
Software Engineer
E-learning, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-2-2021

"Working Great"

Opmerkingen: Ever since our company switched, logging into the different services has been normalized and smooth. Okta allows the user to manage their own 2FA config.

Pluspunten: Okta has been working great since we switched over. Lets me control my own two-factor settings without getting IT involved. Normalizes the experience of logging into our VPN and 3rd-party services. I have not had any issues since we switched.

Minpunten: The only issue I've run into is that because they use webauthn for their U2F 2FA, the browser used by some SSO Windows applications that use their own integrated browser to interface, do not work, like our VPN client. I wonder if it'd work if they use the simpler U2F interface.

• Beoordeeld op 7-2-2021
Michael B.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Computersoftware, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-2-2021

"One place to rule them all"

Opmerkingen: Easy access on all of your platforms and devices, easily managed by your IT team

Pluspunten: As an end-user, it's a super handy tool to log in to all of the web apps you have access to, without having to remember all of the different passwords.
As an admin, it's great to allow and revoke access based on user roles/groups

Minpunten: Custom integrations are a bit harder to get done properly. Not sure if this is an Okta issue or the 3rd party software thing, though

• Beoordeeld op 13-2-2021
David R.
Senior Engineering Manager - Pricing Services OPAS
Internet, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019

"Single sign-on done right"

Opmerkingen: We were trying to solve a ubiquitous problem - how to use cloud/saas services within an enterprise and keep control of the authentication to them all. Okta gives us a centralized place to manage those passwords, automates the integration of Active Directory authorization and authentication, and it also helps employees discover what services are available to us.

Pluspunten: Have you ever heard someone with this "great" idea? "I'm going to make a webpage that has all your links. When you click them, it'll authenticate for you". It sounds great, but in reality it's extremely hard to do. Securely storing passwords, integration with enterprise systems, centralized management of the lists of links, etc. And, if you do one thing wrong, you can compromise the security of literally millions of logins. Okta seems to have conquered the problem. It's central management is wonderful. New employees login for the first time and immediately have dozens of applications available to them. New applications are all managed through our Active Directory groups. It has a great chrome extension that gives you access to your links from your toolbar. The smartphone app, Okta Verify, is fast and works well.

Minpunten: At work, I use 3 servers within Okta. One for our "corporate" servers, one for "production" and one for our parent company. The chrome extension only shows the links from the most recently accessed. So, I end up having to use the web pages, even with the extension. Also, having multiple Okta servers doesn't work well with LastPass and other password managers. They see all my servers as the same host. But, I have different passwords. So, I basically just turn off password management for Okta.

• Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019
Eva K.
Director of Youth Ministries
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-1-2020

"Okta is Interesting"

Opmerkingen: Our headquarters switched from Zimbra to Okta several years ago. Although Okta seems to be much better than Zimbra (our email is now powered by gmail), I wish that the Okta capabilities were a bit more obvious. I just discovered that I could attach other software/services like Mailchimp and social media accounts as plug-ins. My overall experience has been good...just slow-going.

Pluspunten: I would say that it is easier than other team/workforce email software that our company has used in the past. However, I still find it a bit convoluted. It seems like there are many things that can be integrated into our Okta settings.

Minpunten: I do not know if this is the fault of Okta or our headquarters, but it is still hard to see the full benefits of using Okta for our workplace email/communications.

• Beoordeeld op 4-1-2020
Senior Software Engineer
Detailhandel, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 23-7-2020

"Okta - MFA solution"

Opmerkingen: Overall satisfied with product. Many companies have been increasingly integrating with okta.

Pluspunten: We have integrated Okta with most of our apps. With MFA enabled you need to download Okta app on your phone and accept the push to login. I have been using this for more than a year and has been working fine so far. Integrations with Okta have been ok was able to read through documentation and proceed with integration. There is single page which shows all the okta enabled apps which is cool too.

Minpunten: There is some delay in push notifications at times. Also in case you loose your phone then you are caught up since you need phone to login and need to work with helpdesk to get it sorted.

• Beoordeeld op 23-7-2020
Lead Training and Support Specialist
Marketing en reclame, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019

"Great tool for giving end users access"

Opmerkingen: we use this for so much, a user wants to access an email account or group, give them a chicklet for it, it allows for much better sharing of items and greater control over the access as well which is great.

Pluspunten: I love this tool. No longer have to risk giving out passwords to account. I can just give my user access to an OKTA account and then assign them chicklets to access account, software, groups and so forth, without them ever having to know the password to them. It works well and is fairly easy to use and set up users. The AD tie in is nice and helps in making it easier to add users to your account. Put yourself at ease and give OKTA a real look you will not be disappointed.

Minpunten: i would say adding users can seem a bit tricky and odd if you don't do it all the time, it could be a little clearer on adding users into your account. but other than that its pretty solid software

• Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019
Community Manager
Computergames, 201-500 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 6-11-2020

"Single Sign-on that (mostly) works"

Opmerkingen: Okta has made signing in quicker, without the need to worry about different passwords.

Pluspunten: Okta provides a useful service by acting as a single sign on for enterprise. As an employee I'm able to store and login to a number of sites, simply with my Okta account.

Minpunten: While single sign-on is nice, remembering that I'm logged in doesn't seem to work reliably. Many times I have to sign in to Okta, before using it to sign in to another service. Making browser saved passwords more efficient in many cases.

• Beoordeeld op 6-11-2020
Bryan G.
IT Project Manager
Marketing en reclame, 5.001-10.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-10-2019

"Okta is great for MFA"

Opmerkingen: Overall Okta has been a very easy tool to adopt and use for the organization. It's been consistent and there haven't been any issues apparent to the end user since the rollout.

Pluspunten: Okta is an extremely easy-to-use software for multi-factor authentication. It is extremely user-friendly from set up to ongoing use for any user with a smartphone. All they have to do is download the Okta app and follow very simple instructions to set up your Okta app with your token. Even switching phones is easy for those who get a new phone. The Okta push is consistent, fast, and reliable. For employees who do not have a smart phone or don't want to download the Okta app on their phone, there are alternatives like receiving a phone call.

Minpunten: The most challenging part of Okta is that it can only authenticate one account per browser session. If for some reason you have two accounts that each use Okta as the MFA, it makes the user experience a little tricky.

• Beoordeeld op 18-10-2019
Kalaiselvan K.
Integration Engineer
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 7-7-2019

"Okta Review"

Opmerkingen: Overall, i am very impressed with the Okta with its powerful security standard implementation.

Pluspunten: Okta exposes its identity API in REST interface with JSON which provide both Authentication and Authorization based on the need.So it is easy to integrate with any type of application as a front end security layer . OAuth 2.0 implementation by okta provide token which has a validity for some specific time avoid the overhead of making extra authentication call each time. They give different sort of strong security implementation including single sign on for both Authentication and Authorization but licensing will vary based on the implementation we use in the application. Time to integrate with any sort of application is very very less .

Minpunten: You need to understand okta documentation properly to integrate the appropriate security implementation. we have to put some initial effort in understanding the API.

• Beoordeeld op 7-7-2019
Infrastructure Manager
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-5-2017

"Great User Experience and Easy Administration"

Pluspunten: Our users save minutes every single day, no longer repetitively typing and re-typing their directory password. When we have had issues with applications, their support has been extremely responsive. They also take what the community builds as custom applications and will roll those into the app library as they put polish on them and make them ready for prime time.

Minpunten: The only downside to Okta is cost. We know these systems are not cheap and Okta is one of the premium models for sure. We decided that with a system which was so user intensive and users had to touch many times per day for logging into applications, we were not willing to sacrifice usability for what came down to not a lot of money. I will tell you that the list pricing on their website is very negotiable. If you can find some other customers to talk pricing to you you'll know that good deals are there if you work it correctly with your account team and their sales cycle.

• Beoordeeld op 24-5-2017
Sales Manager
Computersoftware, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 25-3-2021

"Get them all opened via Okta!"

Opmerkingen: Great for managing multiple log-ins to different apps, you only need to remember one password and you should be all set with this secured platform!

Pluspunten: Ever since 2016 I've been using Okta as a way to sign in to different apps our company use. And since I only need to remember the password I have for Okta, it makes managing the other apps easier. I don't have to remember the passwords for all of the other apps. I can also ask Okta to generate and store the password for me when I am adding a new tile on the Okta dashboard.

Minpunten: It can sometimes be confusing if you are using a browser that has the password manager as well. It would probably make sense if the user can be asked which one he would use to manage his password, Okta or the browser's password manager.

• Beoordeeld op 25-3-2021
Alexandra D.
Senior Analyst
Openbaar beleid, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-9-2019

"Okta is a One-Stop Hub for Everything You Need"

Opmerkingen: I use Okta on a daily basis to access a variety of resources for work, including email, the helpdesk and my HR information. It is easy to use and navigate. I love that it is a one stop hub for all of my company's resources.

Pluspunten: Okta makes it easy to connect to all of my company's resources, especially when I am working remotely. The interface is intuitive and visually appealing. There is a button for each resource on the homepage. You can even personalize your homepage by moving the buttons around so the ones you use most are at the beginning of the list.

Minpunten: I wish you could create categories or folders and organize all of the resources on the Okta page by these categories or folders. It would help me find the resource I'm looking for even quicker!

• Beoordeeld op 18-9-2019
Assistant General Manager
Sport, 11-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-4-2020

"Okta use for all aspects of office work"

Opmerkingen: Getting it set up was a little difficult, but luckily our IT team helped us. Once it was all logged in and set up, it was very easy to use, and our IT team had every app installed that we would need to use for work.

Pluspunten: I like that it puts all of our apps in one place, for use no matter whether we are at the office, on a laptop, or having to use a public computer or even your phone. You can securely access email, box, our workday (time keeping and pay app), and many other things.

Minpunten: Sometimes it's difficult to access things if you happen to not have your phone with you. You have to have the second way to log in, and if you don't have your cell phone or an apple watch, you can't confirm your access.

• Beoordeeld op 9-4-2020
Owen F.
System Administrator
Bouw, 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-5-2017

"Okta - Easy on IT, Easy on End Users"

Pluspunten: Okta is intuitive to manage. It packages a lot of components into a single pane of glass (unlike, say, Microsoft's solution which requires a bunch of disparate systems). You get a log of value for your money. The support and development teams are responsive. The support for single sign-on to non-SSO apps with the browser plugin is very helpful. The product looks nice, and is easy for end users to use. The Okta Application Network has far more apps total, with SAML support, and with provisioning support than the competitors.

Minpunten: Their MDM solution (OMM) is very basic, and slow to develop more features. It would be nice if you could deploy any mobile app you wish, not just the ones associated with catalog apps. OMM should really support enterprise wireless profiles as well. The browser plugin for IE sometimes misbehaves, and upgrading it doesn't always go as smoothly as it should.

• Beoordeeld op 11-5-2017
Brian D.
IT Support Analyst
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 10.000+ werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019

"Okta makes all your single sign on apps simple to access"

Opmerkingen: Okta is a nicely designed, streamlined, experience for the typical end-user. Making SSO to internal websites and application a breeze to use everyday at work.

Pluspunten: Okta was great for all our internal company websites and apps. With the single sign on, there was no need to remember a bunch of passwords to different websites or apps. Even if you added external websites to Okta, it would act like a password manager for your websites that you use external from the company. Very easy to navigate layout, and looks nice.

Minpunten: if any of your password got out of sync with Okta (mostly external sites that don't use SSO), it was a little difficult to understand how to update the password if you are not tech savvy.

• Beoordeeld op 3-12-2019
David F.
Sr LMS Admin
Financiële dienstverlening, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 29-2-2020

"Okta is great for admins and end users"

Opmerkingen: Our company has so many apps that trying to remember passwords for all of them would be a nightmare. I love how Okta can grant access to one user while denying access to that same app for another user.

Pluspunten: I love how easy this platform is for end users to immediately pick up and use. It is also extremely powerful for IT admins to configure. The Okta Integration Network is a great resource to see if an app / platform is supported. I also LOVE that they offer free training and certifications.

Minpunten: I wish there was more documentation on how to configure applications from the Okta side. Example: I need to pass a parameter from Okta into my LMS, but neither the LMS vendor nor Okta has any docs stating how to do this.

• Beoordeeld op 29-2-2020
Rachel H.
Sales Enablement Manager
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 24-9-2020

"Okta provides security that doesn't create burdensome obstacles"

Opmerkingen: I use Okta every day to navigate to Salesforce, Gong, our DAM, Motivosity, and several other applications we use daily. I like how easy it is to get to these applications and that from an end-user's perspective I don't think about the security element of it much at all. It just helps me do my job.

Pluspunten: Okta provides security that doesn't create burdensome obstacles. I love that Okta is really easy to verify with. It also serves as a centralized page to find all sorts of applications that I use every single day. It even allows you to customize the order of the applications so you aren't searching for the ones you use more regularly. I really love the Okta Extension on Google. It makes life so much easier.

Minpunten: I haven't experienced this, but some people have had to verify more often than they would like. I think for most people, it just does it automatically.

• Beoordeeld op 24-9-2020