Saves us time and money, works great for us!

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2015
Dennis C.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I started using Lavu Point of Sale about 2 years ago. Before switching to the system we were using paper tickets, I didn't realize how inefficient this really was until I made the switch to an electronic system. Not only are we now spending less time managing each order, accuracy has gone up, and my shrinkage has gone down. The kitchen is only allowed to make items that are rung into the system and print out which has help cut down on theft or giving items away. The biggest time savings is getting the customers checked out. Previously during our lunch rush we would have a line of people waiting to pay and leave, now we are able to handle them as they come up to the counter since everything is already totaled up in the system. Another big help has been the ability to use iPods to take orders at the table. We usually have a rush after church on Sundays, sometimes a line at the door. Before my servers had to go to the table, take the order, then take the ticket back to the kitchen. Now my servers go to the table, take the order, hit send and it prints in the kitchen. Then they can go straight to the next table. Anything we can do to speed up the time it takes to turn a table is a plus. The amount of features that have been added in the last couple years has been amazing, it's nice to see that they are actively working on the software. The biggest thing for us has been the addition of 'always offline mode'. You just use the system and the orders go to the cloud in the background. When we first got setup we had some issues with the internet which interfered with using the system. They offered us a local server option but I did not want to install more hardware. While my internet situation was much improved by switching from DSL to cable I always worried that my connection going out could be a possibility. With the new version (3.0.3) the system keeps working even if my internet connection were to go out. The Lavu POS software has worked great for us and I highly recommend it.

As good as any "Industry Standard"

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2019
Sean D.
Bar Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We used this in a tequila bar that I was a bar manager at. We were very high volume so we needed a good POS system that never crashed, and operated quickly to minimize waiting on the system to perform functions. I think in that regard this is a great system and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pluspunten: Better price point
Very intuitive and easy to pick up user-interface
Speedy screen operations, no waiting for screens to load
If you have experience with other POS systems this one will be very easy to get started with
Great team behind it
Easy to add new items to menu (you dont have to be an expert to fulfil managerial roles on the system)

Minpunten: There is not much that I can say against LAVU. As far as Point of Sale Systems it is just as good as any of the big dog's systems but with an affordable price point. I never had an issue with the system in my year of using it.

van Lavu op 1-3-2019

Hi Sean,
Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear Lavu is working well for you and your team! Don't hesitate to call us at 855-767-5288 if you have any questions.
The Lavu Team

Shutting Down During Peak Times

Beoordeeld op 1-6-2019
Jennifer T.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I like the simple interface, it is easy to use and simple to implement

Minpunten: 99% of the time the software works well however we have had consistent problems with the system going offline in the middle of very busy nights. We will have a restaurant full of people 30+ tables with open orders and the system completely stops working (it always happens at peak times when we should be making the most money when we are the busiest, they have not invested enough to function at the scale they are selling for). Servers cannot send orders to the kitchen, we cannot run cards, servers loose track of what the final cost of the bill is for the customers and what their order is. The 1% of the time when Lavu goes offline has irreversible damage to our business. It creates chaos among staff members, it disrupts our reputation as a legit business and damages our relationship with our customers, and it causes us to loose money on tickets that do not get rang in right or when we have to jot down credit card numbers instead of running them to learn the card is no good once Lavu is back online. This has happened to us at least 8-9 times in the 1 year we have had LAVU. Not only is it unacceptable for this to ever happen but we do not get any compensation for our trouble or loss of income and the Lavu team will not return our calls or explain what is happening or reassure us that it wont happen again. There is no backup plan or support on help coming. Unfortunately I feel we are going to have to look for something else.

van Lavu op 27-6-2019

Thank you for your review, Jennifer. We hear what you're saying and we are working diligently to bring offline mode to our customers by late July. We know that the downtime is unacceptable and we appreciate your patience with us. The Lavu Team.

Great system, could use a few more basic features that many other systems use.

Beoordeeld op 1-3-2018
Joe C.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: Love the ease of use. The customer service has been really good as of late. Would for the most part recommend to any business.

Minpunten: Need some better basic features:
-Option for end of day report to reconcile as if the credit card tips were given out as cash to the servers, as this is the process for most restaurants.
-Better tip reporting capability for employees. It would be great for it to ask for total tips to be asked when employee is clocking out. There are many reasons for this including tip out, tip pool etc.

van Lavu op 6-3-2018

Hi Joe. Thank you so much for the feedback. We're glad to hear Lavu is meeting your needs and will strive to keep improving to make your experience even better.

fraud by billing request or shutdown lavu

Beoordeeld op 4-9-2017
Enung N.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: about the sistem we are of course happy after one year of lavu at our restaurant, our job is helping from lavu, accouting administration kitchen and all is going in perfect harmonies

Minpunten: fraud by billing request or shut down lavu. Yes that happen two times , last time few days ago I get a message on a strange open windows of lavu account, was about to pay or shutdown the system but we always pay, so I was worry what happen if shotdown lavu at my place then they ask the min payment, so I used my credit card for pay it but at end they took more for Hosting PAID without any consense from me. we used to pay an agent of lavu so he doesn't answer fast half and that can happen. Now he said like last time they will refund to me but of course after some month... so disappointed about it. Hope to try back faster my money because the agent he asks me to pay him to because isn't his fault. hope someone tries to explain and solve my problem.

We are pulling our systems out of our restaurants

Beoordeeld op 27-7-2017
Blaine S.
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Nothing to come close to outweighing the cons

Pluspunten: About the only thing that is positive about this system is that it is internet based and we can move freely about the restaurant to serve our guests.

Minpunten: Billing is constantly inaccurate and the system shuts down during service because of this.
If you're ok with the system going offline with no warning due to inaccurate automated billing issues and 3 hours on the phone with inept customer service reps while having zero access to input orders, print tickets to your kitchen, bills for the customers and not being able to process credit cards than this IS the system for you!
Our sales and install guy was a joke. Over promising on system answers he didn't even know but said yeah it does that. When it came to menu input it took him 2 weeks from start to finish and we had to just take over and redo everything ourselves.
Reporting functions that should be available that weren't we were told would be "coming soon" in the next version have not materialized.
Customer service is absolutely horrendous. If you like long hold times over an hour most times or a we will call you back message many hours most times then again this is the system for you!

van Lavu op 22-8-2017

Hello Blaine,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and hope we can solve these issues you've been having. Our customer care manager is looking into the issue now and will reach out to you. In the meantime, we recommend reaching out to our 24-hour customer care line 1.855.528.8457 with any immediate issues you may be having. We would be more than happy to address the problems with your system. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have had and look forward to working through these issues.

-Kristin

A good system but customer support is most often disappointing

Beoordeeld op 5-1-2018
Heather B.
Owner/manager

Pluspunten: Ease of use
Joshua Maestas from customer service was so incredibly helpful. He took time to listen to the complicated scenario we were trying to resolve. He followed up when and how he said he would. Most of the time our customer service experience is frustrating but he was truly a breath of fresh air.

Minpunten: Back end reporting; customer service. There are programming bugs and we continuously are told "development is working on it" but never saw any resolution. If it isn't a priority for you and not intended to be fixed then don't tell us it is being fixed.

Food and beverages need this!!

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2019
Gede S.
Restaurant manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Benefit i get fr lavu are very simple to use, details and accurate. Al cash flow you can control and manage by lavu and anywhere you go. You can check the data anytime event that the table not paid yet.

Pluspunten: Easy to use and costumize what do you want it to sell. Lavu has completely modifier to provides any request from the guest and we can set it up on lavu.

Minpunten: Report of end of the day is very details and completely what you need. You can integrates with many other accounting system. All the featurw and functional is only in one system.

van Lavu op 10-8-2019

Gede, thank you for your feedback.. every day we strive to improve since your success is all that w strive for.. don't forget to join our referral program in which we pay up to $10,000 a month for word of mouth.. https://lavu.com/referral-partner-program/.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2018
John A.
Owner Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: But wait there's more! How about the fact that the kitchen printer prints two checks, that no one can seem to fix. Not only does it waste an enormous amount of paper but it is confusing as the checks are not identical and it blows through a ribbon in 3 or four days!
Occasionally it will resend an order back yo the kitchen that has already been made, etc...
The is no individual item printer assignment either which means that you have to send an entire category instead of just one item to a screen or printer.

Pluspunten: The iPhone app. Really nothing else, really.

Minpunten: WOW! Where do I begin? Should I start with how they outright lied to me to make the sale? How about sending a completely incompetent tech support personnel company to help me with my network? Maybe I should start with the fact that they billed me today for Quickbooks integration that I DON'T EVEN HAVE!
Let's start with the outright misrepresentation of their product. I specifically asked if they had online ordering and I was told yes we do. After I had purchased the system and went to set it up I asked "Well how do I set up the credit card integration for the online ordering?" Then I was told "Oh we have online ordering but we don't have online payment" WHAT!!? This is 2017 not 1999 what do you mean you don't have online payment? "We had a problem with it and had to take it off line, we should have it back up by Nov."
Well today is 08-21-2018 and guess what I still don't have? You got it - online payment.

van Lavu op 24-8-2018

Hi John,
We are very sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. I will have someone from our care team look into this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Online all inclusive restaurant POS

Beoordeeld op 15-6-2017
Russell H.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: There is an open ended API for other application integration, but we are not savvy enough to do this ourselves. It would be great if there were more companies and different aspects of integration on the back end for more high end analytics and functionality. (IE: Quickbooks, Simple Order, Etc.).

Pluspunten: Very versatile and easy to use. Easy to make modifications and adjustments within the system and customize to our specific operation.

Minpunten: Sometimes connection of iPads can be a little shotty as it goes for the order takers communicating with LAVU KDS, and it has been hard to get the problem fully resolved, but it only creates a mild irritant and not a full distraction from the overall business.

Beoordeeld op 17-6-2016
Jeffrey D.
GM
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: To the team at POS LAVU, Just wanted to thank you guys so much for listening to some of our concerns over the years about upgrades to your systems. When we came on board with you guys we were somewhat hesitant to your system. After we made the change we feel as if we all have grown together. We would like to personally say thank you for the time and effort you have put into your growth and we expect to be with you for many many more years. And by the way we now have 3 restaurants with your system and are looking to upgrade two more...Again thank you from all of us at the Pugliese Group...

STAY AWAY

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2017
Wes O.
CFO
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: The interface is user friendly, and tickets get sent to kitchen without many problems. But we could do this with paper

Minpunten: Everything else! Whenever we have a issue they send it to the "developmental team" also known as the black hole. When we signed up they said "offline processing was in the works" that was 2 years ago. Reports are literally ALWAYS wrong. If you look at sales on two different reports they never are the same. For a span of about three months they miscalculated sales tax, having us over pay hundreds of dollars! For a long time they randomly doubled numbers on server reports, and now there is a random .50 added to numbers on servers reports. I have a tax background an I informed them the liability they were putting on us and our servers by misreporting so they showed me on the IRS website where they were right, THEY SET UP THERE SYSTEM BASED OFF THE WRONG PART OF THE IRS CODE. Not to mention that it randomly opens tickets from all different times that we have to re-close and I'm not sure we get paid for them or not. When we call customer support they are really nice, but our issues always get sent to the "Developmental Team" to never be heard about again!

Nice Job Lavu

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2016
Steven P.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have a pretty big place, with a long wine and cocktail list, but this handled all of our menu, and getting running was fast with one of the distributors we found in our area. We switched from an older POS after our contract ran out, and this seemed like the new, efficient thing to try out. It was a quick install, and way less than what I paid before. I miss some of the inventory ordering and employee scheduling my old system had, but this makes up for it in other ways. My servers picked it up right away, almost no training needed

After one full year - still happy

Beoordeeld op 13-6-2017
Brian K.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Overall, a good product and always recommend to others.

Pluspunten: System is fairly easy to use and navigate. Easy to setup menus and configure accordingly. Customer support is pretty responsive and quick although sometimes questionable knowledge to help with all situations. Cost for system is excellent.

Minpunten: Fonts can be a bit small on pos interface and thus hard to read. No big cons to comment on other than have had some big hassles configuring system to work with different credit card merchants and being bounced back and forth with customer support to resolve.

Not A Fan -Would suggest Pen & Paper

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2018
Jamie B.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Benefits: It was a band-aid for when I didn't have anything. LAVU has now become an albatross around the neck of our business.

Pluspunten: Generically, the price is what what the draw for me an my small Craft Beer bar. I even recommended it at the beginning to a few other customers, but it was a mistake.

Minpunten: Not customer support per se, but the fact that when they utter "development team" right there, there is no hope your problem will be solved. None. They now call a problem that needs the development team a "Feature Request" which is the nice way of them saying, "No, we are not going to fix it, ever". A "Feature Request" sounds like you are imposing on them to do something special for you, instead of just fixing the software to work as intended The back end web software is in shambles and rarely works as advertised. The reporting features give you decent onscreen views, but you cant reprint a ticket that you can see on their backend web interface. The "print layout" for some tables dont work and give random data. Discounting system is not robust.

van Lavu op 12-2-2018

Hi Jamie, We're sorry to hear your experience with Lavu has not been positive. We strive to provide the best experience for our customers and would love another opportunity to try and resolve any issues. Please call our 24/7 Customer Care team at 855-767-5288 or email us at [email protected] Thank you, Lavu

Excellent POS System

Beoordeeld op 15-6-2016
Kevin D.
General Manager
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Bought the system for my pub about three years ago and I'm glad I did. Lavu has helped my staff open/close tabs much quicker than before I bought the system. I'm making more money and I can say that part of the reason is due to Lavu. Excellent POS system.

Pluspunten: Ease of use and the reliability. Hasn't crashed on me in the three years I've had it.

Minpunten: Lags every once in a while.

Jessica Schell is TREMENDOUSLY helpful and knowledgeable!

Beoordeeld op 1-12-2017
Rebecca M.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: Ease of use. New employees can figure things out quite easily.
Integrates smoothly with Vantiv (Mercury) including their gift program.

Minpunten: Until just this week, I would have said that the inability to take EMV, Apple Pay, etc. through our current merchant processor was my biggest challenge.
Thankfully for the support staff, I was able to purchase the equipment necessary and will be up and running with our new terminal and it's new features soon!

Lavu is easy to use and has fantastic customer service

Beoordeeld op 1-12-2017
Laura S.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: INTEGRATION with 3rd party delivery sites via Chowly (so no more manually inputting orders from seamless/ delivery.com/ eat24/ etc. into the POS system), easy to use, good quality hardware, fantastic customer service (anytime I call, the question gets solved the first time; customer service is friendly & very effective; always easily accessible), lots of amazing features (reports, inventory management, employee management) When I first contacted Lavu, we were only interested in switching POS systems for 1 reason: integration with 3rd party delivery sites. Lavu didn't have the Chowly integration at the time I first contacted them, but 2 weeks later, I got a call from my sales rep saying they were in the process of speaking/ partnering with Chowly. Lavu is a small company (compared to other POS system companies) and all employees work out of 1 building in Arizona. This is a major advantage to me. There is not a lot of red tape, they work closely together (if I have a question for someone in another department, my sales rep would literally walk over to them and ask) and things get done... FAST!

Minpunten: Nothing to do with Lavu - it's just that apple software (i.e. iPad) is more costly than using Android-based systems (i.e. tablets) but the iPad is MUCH more user friendly

Lavu has been great for us!

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2018
Lori M.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Financial Reports. Time cards/Payroll. Theft of employees. Tip tracking. Busy hours of operation. Training testimonials. All of this is helpful to us.

Pluspunten: Customer service is fantastic! The best support out there, we really feel like they listen to us and are responsive when we need something.

Minpunten: Initial set up of the hardware was a little clunkier than I hoped. Software was way easier and then we were up and running.

HEED MY WARNING! DON'T BUY THIS POS

Beoordeeld op 23-7-2019
Chris R.
Restaurants, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: PLEASE PLEASE don't waste your money.
We are switching to a different solution.
We wasted too much money and time so please let our error help you out!
DON'T BUY THIS POS - (which has multiple acronyms for this POS)!!

Pluspunten: First system I have used with tablets at table, which I like.

Minpunten: Where to begin on this list.
First - their support is god awful. And I don't think it's their faults.. These folks aren't trained.
It's IMPOSSIBLE to get someone on the phone. They want you to Chat.. Which takes a ton of time and isn't very user friendly.
The system - Front end is "fine" I'd say... When it's up!
The back end system is plain terrible. Trying to break things down is impossible. Their End of Day report on the back end doesn't add up to give you your total cash deposit!!?? WHAT? I've never heard of such a thing! That's like the basics!

van Lavu op 14-8-2019

Thank you for the review. We are really sorry to hear that your experience with Lavu has not been positive. Our latest release is a big one and addresses the pain points we've heard from our customers. We are confident that our system will continue to improve dramatically. We hope you'll stick around to see the progress.

Alaska Businesses Beware

Beoordeeld op 16-6-2019
Colleen D.

Opmerkingen: Feeling frustrated and unheard

Pluspunten: I like the iPads to send tickets to the cook and track sales

Minpunten: After two years of using the POS system, they still have not corrected the payroll setting s for OT as per Alaska Law. It has been reported over and over again for 2 years, yet we continue to receive automated msgs that they are working to resolve the issue. If you own a business in Alaska, I can guarantee that you are paying too much in OT . If you are an Alaskan owner relying on a manager to trust your payroll settings you had better check this yourself.

van Lavu op 27-6-2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing frustration. Your review has been shared with our product team to make sure they are aware of the ongoing issue. We value you as a customer and will do our best to resolve the problem. The Lavu Team.

Best Restaurant Software Yet

Beoordeeld op 4-11-2018
Taylor R.
Head Hostess and Admin
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: -Love the ease of using an iPad
-Size of the icons
-Different color option icons
- Different categories available
-Ease of table organization
-Ease of checkouts
-Very well laid out
-Easy clock-in

Minpunten: -Hard signing process, customers complained

I am very glad we use this software.

Beoordeeld op 1-10-2015
Doug S.
Restaurants
4.5 / 5
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: I have been a Lavu customer for over 16 months. The system is fantastic. We used to use Aloha. I have been able to cut my employee costs and increase customer satisfaction.

Minpunten: Not answering calls and having to wait for them to call back. While they did that very quickly for the most part, I sure do like when they answer. They have been working to make that happen.

A value buy

Beoordeeld op 15-5-2017
Jet J.
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: This product works very well for me and gives me a great value at the price point of the equipment.

Pluspunten: It is very customizable. I'm a midsize family business and the cost really hits the sweet spot. The fact that they use apple only products forces me to pay a premium price for the hardware but I know that the equipment will retain its value. They always end up answering my questions even if it takes a while but I can make changes and check the numbers instantly.

Minpunten: This product does need to be used with a fast internet set up. My set up is 75/75 so it's quite fast. I have no problems with it working and can make changes anywhere but I'm tech savvy and I do suggest an additional purchase of a laptop if you do not have one to do in depth tracking and editing.

Solid product with exceptional online support response time

Beoordeeld op 5-1-2017
Mark M.
OWNER
Restaurants, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We have a small coffee house and cafe open for breakfast & lunch. LAVU system is perfect for our needs. Extremely easy to navigate for both service staff and back office. Handhelds are easy and super convenient for guests and servers. Minor issues with some of the hardware and wishing they had more easily customizable reports. But I will say that they have been very receptive about creating new reports.

Pluspunten: Easy to navigate for both service staff & back office.

Minpunten: Reports are lacking.