Over New Relic One

Cloudgebaseerde toepassing voor prestatiebeheer waarmee bedrijven de software-ontwikkelomgeving kunnen analyseren en visualiseren.

Meer informatie over New Relic One

It is a well known software so everyone have heard about it and probably use it. And also there are a lot of tutorials from the website or from community.

The pricing is absolutely crazy, especially for small companies. Too many features locked behind expensive paywalls.

Beoordelingen van New Relic One

Waar voor je geld
3,9

New Relic One heeft een totaalscore van 4,5 van 5 sterren op basis van 153 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je New Relic One eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (153)

Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.
Designer in VS
Design en ontwerp, Zelfstandig ondernemer

New Relic Offers Simple-to-Set-Up Server Monitoring

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: New Relic is a great product/service that is extremely powerful and easy to use. They even have iOS/Android apps to stay up-to-date on server stats while away from your desk.

I love how easy it was to get the New Relic agent installed on my Digital Ocean server. Within minutes it was piping in data to their dashboard.

Making sense of the mountain of data is challenging. It takes time and effort to figure out what all the data means and how it can be useful to your organization. It is well worth the effort though.

Overwogen alternatieven: Papertrail

Redenen om over te stappen op New Relic One: New Relic is the most robust and powerful solution and it was incredibly easy to get up and running with.

Leon S.
Managing Director in Nederland
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Great tool for tracking the performance and health of our platform

5,0 vorig jaar

Opmerkingen: I am using the web interface and the app multiple times a day to quickly see how the application is performing. The notifications in case of disruptions are convenient and very helpful.

It's clean and simple to setup and gives a great dashboard which helps get a quick overview of the performance of our SaaS application.

When using multiple modules on a bigger infrastructure it can get quite expensive. However we only use the basic version which gives us all the info we need.

Overwogen alternatieven: AppDynamics

Redenen om over te stappen op New Relic One: New relic was cheaper and easier to implement.

Michael W.
Michael W.
Full Stack Developer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 2-10 werknemers

One Stop Server/App/Website/etc Monitoring

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

I love this product! I have always had the free tier and it has so much many features. I don't know how they do so much for the free tier. I use the realtime app monitoring (APM) the most, to see current traffic as well as checking for slow apis and why they are slow. The second most used tool is to monitor my actual server (Host). Then of course I can't forget the essential and anxiety removing notification system that will tell me as soon as whatever I don't want to happen and set up an alert for, happens. This has saved me and my customers a few times already. Thank you for a great product! :)

I would love to upgrade to the paid version, but, so far, it is too expensive. I wish there were a starter tier, or even a supporter/love your product tier.

Dylan W.
Dylan W.
Founder, Engineer in VS
Internet, 10.000+ werknemers

Worse each year

2,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I've used New Relic for 6+ years across 3 different companies including my own. Overall they seem to be going downhill each year, sadly along with many tech companies now. Seem to be entrenched in their industry, trying to hound customers for more money each year, but simultaneously providing less value and no innovation. Meanwhile, many other companies provide many of their features with higher quality and for free. I've recently switched some things to AWS and other services because they are cheaper and more reliable.

Has monitoring specific to the programming languages and database servers that we use

Cost is extremely high compared to the value of the service being provided. Many of the features can be found on other platforms for free or cheap. The designers and developers are clearly bad or mediocre. Entire platform is wrought with bugs and decisions about UI and configuration that make no sense and do not actually help the users of the product. They have done multiple revamps of the UI, which I am actually totally fine with in general because I am happy to learn new things, but they simply have not been improvements. Just a reshuffling, often with added work required from me for no benefit, plus features that no longer work. Even lowest tier email support apparently requires paying more than $2000 per year. I was legitimately astounded when I discovered this. I already pay through the nose for this software, and when I tried to file a support request they informed me I had to post in the community. Really??? $2000 per year isn't enough to respond to one measly email support request? I give email support for free for all of my customers, even ones who don't pay, because I legitimately want to make my products as good as possible.

Evert H.
Manager Product Development in Nederland
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 11-50 werknemers

Nice monitoring tool with extensive analysis options.

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

It is possible to do a in depth analysis in case of a performance problem in our software. This saves us time and we are able to deliver the solution to our users faster. Afterwards we can monitor based on data if the solution actually works.

Pretty steap pricing model if you want your developers to use most of the features.

Stanislav K.
Developer in Oekraïne
Horeca, 51-200 werknemers

The right APM tool that can save your day

4,0 10 maanden geleden

- easy to install and use; - great APM features, helps a lot with troubleshooting slow transactions with great insights on application traces; - nicely done alerts system; - ability to create your own dashboards; - team is improving UX on a regular basis; - community support;

- expensive; - has some minor bugs on the UI, sometimes pages seem to be unresponsive; - learning curve could be high for not experienced developers;

Overwogen alternatieven: Datadog

Software Manager in Argentinië
Computersoftware, 10.000+ werknemers

Very useful for our teams while on-call

5,0 7 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: It' s an essential tool for teams on-call that needs to understand alerts in their apps

Easy to track issues Great tool to query logs and make custom graphs or get to the raw information. Good integration with opsgenie.

The mobile app it´s not as good as the website, sometimes i get a blank screen as results in the error section

Yuko H.
Senior Software Engineer in VS

Great server monitoring software

5,0 10 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, New Relic One is a great server monitoring software. It's great that you can be notified when server resources are low and that you can dig into logs when issues occur.

You can configure to monitor various servers, such as SQL servers, service fabric servers, and so on. You can zoom into a certain date and time, and see if the issue occurred because there was not enough CPU or memory. You can configute to be notified when CPU/memory goes below the amount you specified via email, mobile push notifications etc.

It took me sometime to figure out if the time displayed is our timezone or the server timezone.

Senior Analyst in India

Best Devops Tool

4,0 3 maanden geleden

Best Incident Management, regular enhancement in optimizing of tools and good server monitoring facility.

Higher cost, log management is not efficient and less user friendly.

Software Engineer in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 51-200 werknemers

New Relic One as a Software Engineer

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: Overall, New Relic One does a great job for real time monitoring and error aggregating.

The error reporting is very valuable. New Relic One allows for being able to see errors in real time in the case of an incident which helps resolves issues faster.

There was a period of time where the UI was being changed often. It could be frustrating to log in trying to resolve an issue and have to struggle to find the information in a new layout.

Principal Consultant in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

Best Application monitoring tool around !!

5,0 vorig jaar

Ease of use is the best feature about this tool, you can get started with very minimal training. Dashboarding perfromance report capability is also good, helps us to keep on top of our applications perfromance. Another feature that we love is the integration with Jira which enabled auto-creating of tickets on violation of certain thresholds. Overall, this is used by developer community on daily basis.

The licensing is per node, whcih makes it expensive to turn it on non-prod infra. I hope this changes in future.

Overwogen alternatieven: AppDynamics

Gagan G.
Gagan G.
Full Stack Developer in India
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Good tool to monitor your application and it's performance

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We're using NewRelic to monitor our application's performance. It's a great tool and it provides plenty of features in a free version as well but if your application is big you might need an upgrade.

The best thing about this software is that it provides really good deep insights. They provide a feature called 'VM' it provides information regarding garbage collection, heap, memory allocations, object allocations etc. Error insights and alerts helps you to stay updated with what is currently happening with your application. Their app is also good which provide same features. So, even if you're travelling you can get insights directly on your phone. Appdex score, RPM and other parameters really help in finding bottlenecks and optimising it. It also tells which database query is taking more time and which is taking the least & which part of your application is taking more time which actually helps you in building an efficient application.

Sometimes, the metrics they provide in the VM section seems incorrect, although hard refreshing the page solves this problem.

Darshan Y.
Darshan Y.
Linux and Virtualization specialist. in VS
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 10.000+ werknemers

One stop solution for all your APM need

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I been working with New Relic for quite a while now i am not able to find any replacement for it till now

Relic is one of the best Application performance management tool available in market, It helps Application support team to review the performance of application and suggest the best way to optimize it

New Relic is an enterprise tool which means it comes with licensing cost which makes it tough for small scale business owners to buy the license

Ben D.
CTO / Co-founder in VS

Can't live without it

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: New Relic provides much-needed visibility and monitoring for our application's performance. With a ton of insights into how the elements of our application interact, New Relic has helped us tune the experience for our users and identify potentially disastrous issues before they become problems. Pricing is can be a challenge, though. If you have a highly distributed server model, their per-server pricing can be prohibitive. As long you fit in their model, it really can save your hide and help your business.

New Relic is a critical part of our infrastructure and has saved our hide on several occasions. Very flexible Easy to get started and use Basic server monitoring is included with application monitoring - really nice Tons of integrations If you have a problem, you will get support - it may take a while to find the right person, but you can even talk to the engineers who built the part of their service you are using.

We've had a ton of reps we've dealt with - very little continuity Though the base features are great, it's easy to spend a LOT of extra money on other features. Sometimes it feels like one of those "free-to-play" games where you are tempted to spend money at every turn.

Daniel mario M.
Daniel mario M.
CTO in VS
Computersoftware, 2-10 werknemers

Good enough monitoring

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall positive, but it could be improved with better and more intuitive configuration and more flexible pricing.

I like how we can centralize and customize all our monitoring, get alerted when anything goes down, including servers, processes etc. We can also keep an eye on the performance of our web application and detect problems before they become serious. Takes a little setting up but it's very helpful.

The page where it runs often hangs and needs to be reloaded. The setup can be tricky, removing assets is also kind of complicated and not very intuitive. Seems to me a little bit pricey, I wouldn't mind a base price close to what we pay and then having the ability to add or remove assets easily and for a lower extra price. I currently keep all the testing and staging infrastructure out of this because it would cost too much to have it on.

Pieter-jan D.
Software Architect in België
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 11-50 werknemers

Peace of mind for your production environment.

5,0 6 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: New Relic gives us the ability to monitor both our cloud servers, backend services and frontend applications. It alerts us when resources are scarce or when the application reaches a treshold of errors. As a bonus for paid accounts, you also get the ability to trace down into the code to see if there is a specific bottleneck in your application. It even has the ability to trace the queries to databases or external services.
It's alerting system can be integrated in a variety of other tools like Slack, pagerduty, Geckoboard, ...
By using New Relic, we have regained peace of mind because we know New Relic will alert us before things start to go wrong.
If you are looking for a monitoring / alerting solution, it's definitely worth checking out!

Application traces. Transaction level monitoring and alerting. Availability monitoring. Integration in other tools (Geckoboard).

None so far.

Dilraj S.
Dilraj S.
Sr. Software Developer in India
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

System analytics made easy!

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall experience was really good with us identifying the system bottlenecks using New Relic and then optimizing those and checking their improved performance in New Relic again.

New Relic can be used to monitor system performance by integrating it with your system, written in any programming language, so that New Relic can gather variety of system metrics available. The APIs being used in the system can be profiled using New Relic or be it the queries happening on the system database. This analysis can later help in optimising the system performance by making sure all these slow api hits or db queries are working efficiently.

User interface of New Relic can be enhanced and made more user friendly for new users so that they can start their system analysis straightaway without having to get familiar with the UI first.

Software Engineer in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 201-500 werknemers

Performance Monitoring made easy

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I would rate my experience with New Relic as very good. It's easy to setup and use with the exception of a little learning curve about all the corners where information is stored. I highly recommend New Relic.

The feature I enjoy the most about new relic is their individualize transaction monitoring from ruby threads to JVM processes. The Transaction/full system monitoring new relic offers can make any developer feel like a super hero with debugging/speeding up queries and processes or anything at all.

To me the UI can sometimes be a bit complicated where you can find information. The New Relic UI is mostly a single page application with multiple layers you have to click into. This is nice for some but sharing links is often not possible because of where you have to click to get to the same information.

Niraj P.
Product Specialist in India
Evenementenbureaus, 11-50 werknemers

Simple and intuitive tool with necessary insights for any application

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Gives simple and detailed performance insights for each part of your application or environment and that too in real-time! Great that it highlights errors and issues down to the line number in the code. Makes the job really simple to troubleshoot and fix issues. Setting up timely email to get updates about the performance is a good feature for managers to have.

The paid version is too expensive for a medium scale startup like us. It may be worthwhile when looking to scale things up to a great extent. Also the tool may be overwhelming for a new user since it provides loads of information at once. For the free user there's no one to give an onboarding tour or a demo, so that may turn off some new joinees.

Max S.
Max S.
Director, Customer Success in
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Know the issue before your customer

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Together with Zabbix, New Relic enables us to detect and fix issues on our production servers faster.
Insightful reports help to analyze the efficiency of our updates: we can see whether the update fixed the performance issue it was supposed to or not, and perform analysis of our codebase in long retrospect.

- Integration with our technology stack helps us to set up monitoring for most critical issues in our software; - Integration with Zabbix allows to push errors to our OPS team communication channels and fix issues before customers have to notice and report the issue to support.

Nothing in particular, New Relic does a great job of monitoring KPIs for our SaaS app.

Kalaiselvan K.
Integration Engineer in VS
Computersoftware, 501-1.000 werknemers

New Relic Review

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall, it is a good monitoring system to identify the bottle necks on the systems effectively.

New Relic can be used to monitor system performance effectively in the enterprise systems. It gives better visibility on number of API Hits with Success and Failure Counts. It helps to have the centralized monitoring systems for all the servers, processors and API's. we can set up a prompt alert for the SLA failure on the performance of any API's or Processors. Data visualization on the success and error rate shows the clear picture on the performance.

Licensing is too expensive. Some time page hangs up and we need to reload the page. It focus only on the software's. would like to have hardware performance monitoring.

Senior Software Development Engineer in Kroatië
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Awesome, well rounded real-time monitoring suite

5,0 3 jaar geleden

This software package does it all! I'm mostly using APM, insights and infrastructure functionality. APM is standard APM, works great. Insights are really interesting - you can figure out some weird issues much easier when you have access to a lot of data - and easy way to process/query it. Infrastructure functionality is great for keeping track of all of your servers.

Not much. There are two views for errors in APM (old and new one). Sometimes it's a pain to switch between those - hopefully they will get merged soon.

Chief Technology Officer in Canada

Monitoring for Applications and Systems

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: We like and use New Relic, but it is no longer our only monitoring solution, as we need to use several tools to hit all of the needs that it once hit on its own.

New Relic provides great insight into what our applications are doing in real time, from traffic through to code timings.

New Relic's business model has gotten in the way of their product. Several features we used daily were sunset and their replacements were hidden behind new billing models. In the time since we have started using New Relic we have paid no less, but lost several features.

James S.
CTO in Canada
Computersoftware, 11-50 werknemers

Allowed us to get more insight into errors that would have been difficult to understand.

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Insight into how the software stack is performing. It also shows us certain errors or slow downs that we'd have no other way of seeing.

I like the professional nature of the software and the in-depth inspection of how our software stack works it surfaces. It makes certain classes of issues much easier to see.

I used to really not like the cost of the service when accessing them as a startup. I believe they've found a price point that makes sense some of the time. It is still hard to understand the model if you are using it outside of a SaaS provider.

Jeffrey M.
Software Security Engineer in Zuid-Afrika
Informatiediensten, 5.001-10.000 werknemers

Amazing server and app reporting tools

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Completely satisfied with this toolset.

Instant alerts on server issues. Performance testing may be performed with analysis of every service running on the environments. System uptime is being reported on daily with the toolset being most easy to use without slowing down performance. Training provided by new relic team was amazing, from our testers to engineers, everyone benefitted from understanding how to use the tool. We are currently running it on our UAT and Prod servers and the information gained has allowed an increase in performance via optimizations and a decrease in debugging.

Not many cons that i can mention. The tool has been a rather good addition to our tech stack. A strong machine is needed which can be costly if the server will be sitting in the cloud.