CHARLES W. WETZEL OWNER OF WETZEL'S MARKETS

C harles W.
OWNER
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I HAVE USED THIS PRODUCT SINCE BUYING MY FIRST COMPUTER , A TANDY RADIO SHACK MODEL 2 OPERATING ON A MULTIUSER OPERATING SYSTEM ZENIX , SINCE 1981. IT WAS CALLED REAL WORLD ACCOUNTING PROGRAM BACK THEN. AROUND 1990 SWITCHED TO IBM TYPE COMPUTERS AND PURCHASED UPGRADE TO THAT OPERATING SYSTEM. OVER THE PAST THIRTY FIVE YEARS USING THIS PROGRAM I HAVE PURCHASED OTHER BUSINESSES THAT WHERE USING OTHER ACCOUNTING PROGRAMS AND AFTER REVIEWING THOSE PROGRAMS AND CONSIDERING CHANGING TO THEM WE STAYED WITH PASSPORT (REAL WORLD) BECAUSE OF ITS
VERSITILITY AND TRACKING AND EASE OF OPERATION AND WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY SIZE BUSINESS.

Pluspunten: ITS EASE OF USE , HOW IT CAN ADAPT TO ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS, HOW YOU CAN SETUP FINANCIAL STATEMENTS TO LOOK JUST LIKE YOUR ACCOUNTANTS STATEMENTS BUT ALSO RUN FINANCIALS WITH FAR MORE DETAIL FOR YOUR INTERNAL BUSINESS USE

Minpunten: NOTHING

ACA Module and Support

Laura S.
Consumentengoederen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: We are thrilled with the decision we made to use the Passport Software for our ACA compliance. The team at Passport was quick to tackle and master the unknown and complex process to comply with the Affordable Care Act. The software itself was easy to use and understand but we were most impressed by the customer support provided by Passport. The staff went above and beyond their role as software developers by providing detailed instructions on filling out forms, IRS registration, electronic filing, trouble-shooting with the IRS and much, much more. We would be lost without them and appreciate the time, effort and support they have provided along the way.

Great Software in combination with Crystal Reports

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2017
Brian G.
Director of Operations
Lucht- en ruimtevaart, 13-50 werknemers
Bron: SoftwareAdvice
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Would highly recommend.

Pluspunten: Access to the data base. Use with Crystal reports to create incoming Inspection audit system ,Outside service purchase order system, an automated Inventory Value Analysis system, and Capacity planning. Company is AS9000 certified and the software had a lot to do with this.

Minpunten: MRP is not strong, we do not use it. We use lean manufacturing with back scheduling from the software.

Long time user since the Realworld days.

Beoordeeld op 12-7-2016
Tim T.
Import en export, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: It was quite a project learning a new program but it made it easy to do the forms. It would be nice if the program printed the entire forms so I didn't have to purchase forms.

Pluspunten: Overall it is the high quality that I expect from Passport.

Minpunten: Took too long to get the final updated version. There was lack of actual instructions on how to use the program. I had to guess at certain steps such as printing from one form copy to another. It would be nice if the pr

Great Product!!!!

Beoordeeld op 21-3-2019
Melissa B.
HR
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Pluspunten: It is super easy of use and a real time saver.

Minpunten: I don't like that I have to enter ACA info at the end of setting up a new employee since I can't enter this years payroll until I close the year.

van Passport Software op 16-4-2019

Thanks, Melissa B!

We really appreciate your comments and we heard you. We've just made it easier to manage details when year-end and new employees arrive at the same time!

Thank you for letting us know.
The Passport Team

Passport upgrade

Beoordeeld op 3-5-2019
Dean C.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Always had a good experience with them. Been with them for a long - long time.

Pluspunten: Ease of use, the way it links to gather. Easy to back up.

Minpunten: Wish it could link to an eCommerce package.

van Passport Software op 13-6-2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
Passport has provided integrations for a number of ecommerce solutions and we now look forward to working with you on your exciting plans.

Passport Software Review

Lynda L.
VP
Consumentengoederen, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Used both the mfg and accounting sides of this software for over 10 years. My staff is so familiar with the functions that to choose an alternative would be too costly from a purchase to a training standpoint. Their updates continue to provide improvements and efficiencies.

Pluspunten: Customer Support

Minpunten: Not easily integrated with the internet to email documents.

Great customer service

Patty W.
GL Accountant
Management non-profit organisaties, 501-1.000 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I have used this product for many years. I have always received excellent help from customer service and the technical support people.

Pluspunten: The ease of using.

Minpunten: That in order to post in the general ledger, everyone has to be out of the software, even if they are just viewing.

Great software and excellent support.

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2018
Kim M.
Waar voor je geld

Pluspunten: I love the Payroll module. I love the fact it is so user friendly. Most of all the customer support is
amazing.

User since 1992 when software was still known as RealWorld.

Beoordeeld op 18-3-2015
Wayne W.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Very user friendly, only purchase modules you want. Don't have to buy an entire package with stuff you won't use, but simple to add on as desired. As an example, we did the Direct Deposit add-on to Payroll once enough individuals requested it to be worthwhile. Date driven format, great interface with multiple printers, still has DOS view capability if desired in addition to the newest Windows view (very handy now for looking up employees/vendors/customers/etc.). Import modules into General Ledger at your own pace, great reporting capabilities, especially for payroll...all the way thru W-2 info and magnetic file reports for sending to Social Security. Many levels of reporting for accounts payable from original invoice entry to final check registers....in total or by individual vendors. Once you get a handle on one module, the others are even quicker. If you don't feel comfortable with updates, or don't have an IT department to handle it, outside assistance by Passport Certified techs are available for a very reasonable rate. All work is done remotely, so it's quick and avoids any travel charges. They constantly review issues from customers and have patches in a short time as needed.

Long Term Relationship

Beoordeeld op 17-12-2014
Kevin l. B.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: We have worked with Passport Software, Inc. since about 1984 as a dealer for their products as well as an end-user. To me, the sticking-with-Passport power has been their commitment to the product, their dealers and their end-users. When we experience problems, and yes there have been problems, they jump on it and get it fixed. I don't hear, "We'll fix that in the next release." It gets fixed right away. They also listen to us. If we have ideas to improve the product they actually listen and take suggestions into consideration. Many of my, and my client's, suggestions over the years have ended up in the product. That makes me feel valued as a dealer and as an end-user. Another wonderful thing about Passport Business Solutions is that when we run into an older version of RealWorld or Passport software we can honestly look the customer in the eye and say, "All of your data will upgrade completely and cleanly to the new version. And the best part? You already know how to use it."

PBS Review

Patrick J.
Director of Operations
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: PBS is a good business system for our size company. Relatively easy to use on a day-to-day basis, however, not so easy to use or information worthy canned reports. We find the Purchasing module cumbersome in generating and distributing PO's. Not user friendly when you are generating PO's for MRO products. Overall, I would give PBS a 3.5 to 4 star review

van Passport Software op 11-12-2014

Thank you Pat for your candid and honest review. We'll contact you to discuss your areas of concern in the purchasing module to ensure you're getting the most out of your software investment. It's worth noting Thunder Line Z is a longtime user of PBS Manufacturing and where they found reporting needs weren't meeting their specific requirements, they have deployed our ODBC product (AcuXDBC) to enable them to create their own unique reports using industry standard report writing tools. This has helped them "customize" their reporting without actually changing their software.

customer service / product

Beoordeeld op 25-2-2015
Mary e. C.
OWNER
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Here are two names of people that work for Passport Business solutions, that if not for them I would have closed my business. Pat Busic: just plan OUTSTANDING when it comes to getting me out of trouble with WINDOWS 8.1. Marti Walt : what can I say about her , if not for her support I would of had a nervous breakdown by now. She has all ways been more than fare with me . These two people keep me in business at that is what your business is all about, keeping people like me coming back! I only use the payroll part of Passport . And there are a few things I would like to see . i would like to be able to do everything from this program, print off 941 forms state and federal ,W2'S , W-3 TRANSMITTALS some how make it so that the forms are filled by a press of a key! I know that I might be dreaming just a little but it would be nice.

Passport Business Solutions (PBS)

Greg R.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: We were originally a long time Real World software user that migrated to PBS when the software rights changed ownership over the years. We are a manufacturer with three separate locations that produce both production parts and job shop products. Thru the years as our company(s) have grown we've seen PBS software grow with us. We're very satisfied with there integrated software and the professional expert support that goes along with the product. We now have all three locations using PBS software to manage and run our operations. The product covers most of our needs but if we need something specific to our operation they can write and adapt there programs to meet our specific requirements. We look forward to a continued partnership with PBS as we continue to adapt and grow in an ever changing market.

Easy Peesy

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2017
Samantha C.
Corporate Controller
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 201-500 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: Exporting to csv and pdf files. Reimbursement detail for later searches. Better look and feel.

Pluspunten: Passport is extremely easy to use. We upgraded from Real World in the middle of year end close and an ownership change. There was zero downtime and we didn't miss a beat.

Minpunten: My only complaint is that I have trouble finding transactions. The system allows searches on several factors but not always the one I know.

I have used this software before at another job and I LOVE IT, easy, flexible, great service

Beoordeeld op 29-6-2015
Cynthia S.
Sole Member
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I love the ease of use. The only problem I am having is setting up direct printers. Support attempted to set up a direct printer but it still does not print. I love the flexibility in setting up financial statements. This is real accounting software unlike many others. I used this software with an add on for over 20 years at another job. When I took over this company I couldn't wait to transition to this software again. I can recommend it to anyone who needs more than quickbooks

van Passport Software op 13-7-2015

Thank you for your kind and honest review and kind words Cynthia. When we saw your comments regarding the printer issue, we were sure to forward that to our technical support team and I've just received word that they were able to help you resolve this issue.

MAKING MONEY OFF OF SMALL BUSINESS

Beoordeeld op 12-7-2016
Michael Q.
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 51-200 werknemers
Niet waarschijnlijk Zeer waarschijnlijk

Opmerkingen: I feel that the insurance companies, brokers and the accounting software companies FOUND a way to make money off of the small business owners when it comes to the ACA.
I am just over the 50 employees, but I fell into the mix that I had to offer insurance. Then I had to pay for something (Passport) I didn't understand and I paid for a passport tech to travel 65 miles to get it up and running.
He even called Passport a number of times and even your people could not give us the true answer. But don't feel to bad, the IRS could not help either.
So what do I think of your software? There is NO GOOD REASON that I should have had to have it, but because the government says I have to do this and that - the same this and that THAT they don't even know the answers too, I guess it is a -ok - piece of work! We will see what it does for us at the end of this year if I can afford to stay in business because of the insurance. Oh, how much do you PLAN on charging for so called updates.

Minpunten: Think I have said enough about your software, the Insurance compaines and the ACA
By the way, l have YOU figured it out yet?

van Passport Software op 13-7-2016

Thank you for your constructive review. We understand your frustration with the Affordable Care Act and the burden on small businesses. And you are absolutely correct¿the law is about record keeping, NOT accounting.

Please understand that when we provide help, we are not permitted to give legal advice such as which IRS-defined codes to use. As for ACA updates--they are completely free during the entire licensed year and the annual renewal for the ACA software is included in your standard maintenance fee.

Passport upgrade and support

Beoordeeld op 18-12-2014
Marshall S.
VP Sales
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: In 2012, we had a major upgrade to Passport SQL version 12.01 from a much older version. There was a lot of data conversion to be done and many were reluctant to do this upgrade. We were very happy with the transition and support we have received over the past 2 years. There are many pros and some cons to the transition, but all of our cons are being addressed as they come up. We have a solution within weeks or sooner. I would recommend this process to other distributors that do light manufacturing.

Long-time user; recommend software

Stan H.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: We've used Passport for 10+ years. It's a very reliable system that's intuitive for manufacturers. It has capacity beyond what we've utilized, but important to have when we're ready. In 2015 for example, we plan to purchase the MRP module (reasonably priced). Customer service has been 5-star for our company, with prompt and helpful support when we need it. Bottom line, Passport is not something I'm thinking about everyday. It does it's job consistently, so I can concentrate on mine.

Comprehensive and professional

Beoordeeld op 2-12-2015
Robert F.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: This software is for people who need a well developed, commercial , product. It's not some silly "help your small business grow" or "emoticon filled game". If the software was a truck it would be a Mack, all metal, no plastic.
I use it in a 60 employee company and never have concerns about features or functionality.
No hesitations whatsoever in recommending this product line.

Passport Fan

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2016
Jan M.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I have used Passport for many years, starting as Real World. It is user friendly. It provides clear reports. I cannot imagine using anything else. I have (unfortunately) been forced to review work that was done on QuickBooks and Peachtree. I hate those programs. Passport is professional and will provide anything you could wish for in an accounting product.

Great software suite for manufacturing!

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2014
Pablo N.
CEO & President
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: We have been using PBS to run our entire manufacturing facility, soup to nuts, for many years. It is a very low overhead product, that runs reliably and very well, including quite a few custom modules that are now part of the standard suite.
PBS has the capability to do quite a bit more then what we currently require, which is great!

Finally good manufacturing software paired with accounting!

Beoordeeld op 9-2-2015
Shonna C.
Production Manager
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: We looked long and hard before going with Passport and I am very happy with our choice. The transition and training were handled professionally and made as easy as possible. One of my favorites is the manufacturing side which is logical, easy to use and is as massive and multi-leveled as a user is willing to go!

Excellent Support!

Beoordeeld op 9-3-2017
Tami E.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: I have been using Passport for many years and it generally runs very well for us. However, when I do need help, Pat at Passport is the best!! He understands the software as well as the accounting side so he is able to troubleshoot quickly and effectively.

We began as a Realworld user and migrated to Passport.

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2015
Ken S.
Waar voor je geld

Opmerkingen: Passport is a real accounting program with good audit trails. They have excellent customer service and are always willing to assist with any issue we might be having. Additionally, in the context of Passports overall cost compared to other programs they are very cost competitive.