Patriot Payroll reviews

Gemiddelde scores

• In totaal
  • Klantenservice

Over Patriot Payroll

Online payroll-oplossingen voor eigenaren van kleine bedrijven. Voer payroll uit in 3 eenvoudige stappen. Lage prijzen zonder onverwachte kosten. Probeer het gratis!

Meer informatie over Patriot Payroll

1.508 reviews worden weergegeven

Mike F.
Principal
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 4-6-2020

"Saves so much time, and I always recommend it!"

Opmerkingen: I've saved so much money and time with Patriot, thank you for this product!

Pluspunten: I was paying over $300/mo for a full service payroll for myself + 3 employees to a CPA. I now pay under $40/month for full service payroll with Patriot, and their software is a joy to use. Running a quick payroll, and handling bonuses, benefits, and deductions is so straight forward. The setup and support team is easy to access, quick to answer, and in the US!

Minpunten: Just because I like to have all of the information, as a feature suggestion, it would be nice to have a tax portal to see my balances and standing all of the state/federal tax accounts.

• Beoordeeld op 4-6-2020
Noreen E.
Operations Manager
Werving en selectie, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-5-2020

"Customer Service and Features / Restrictions"

Opmerkingen: Payroll rules and tax reporting / payments are simplified in one place.

Pluspunten: This software was very easy to use, and as my business grows I am finding the necessary features needed are available to me.
Whenever I have called customer service, I usually have gotten a person that is knowledgeable and is able to help me. There have been times that the person called has not been able to help me, and was able to escalate my issue to someone that could.

Minpunten: Changes to setting sometimes allow changes that are incomplete. In 2019, I added the accounting software to Patriot Payroll. I updated settings in "Payroll Integration Options" but missed some. I was able to save the partial data and run a payroll.
When reviewing the accounting journal entry that was generated from the first payroll with the accounting software, I saw the JE generated was incomplete. If I had not checked to verify this JE was correct, this would have been difficult to track down later.
This is a big miss, and there should be some warning or stop to prevent this (incomplete data) from happening.

Chris D.
Book keeper
Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 3-5-2017

"Get a real company to do your payroll"

Pluspunten: It is very inexpensive and takes on clients that have very few employees. Customer service reps are EXTREMELY HELPFUL, polite, and very knowledgeable of the program abilities and shortfalls.

Minpunten: You can cancel ANYTIME, but then you have to send all the State/Government taxes collect to their respective agencies with the appropriate paperwork. Patriot sends all the taxes back to you to deal with. Some taxes are due annually, due the end of January, so if you want Patriot to file it, you have to keep the subscription until that date. Nickel and diming. If you want them to track sick days, accumulated vacation days etc, it is included. If you want your employees to be able to track it through the online portal, that will cost you additional per month. Check out the list of add-ons to determine what is important to you.
They offer QuickBooks import of data, but I have yet to see how anything matches anything on the bank statement. Like taxes are deducted from payroll, they show in a different month than the payroll, and the payroll imports as the gross amount which is not the amount sent to the employee by NatPay. If you use a dummy account in your accounting software (QuickBooks) to run all the payroll functions through, this will not bother you and your accountant will made the journal entry additional adjustments. I could not get my first payroll to reconcile, and it was determined that Patriot made an error and did not collect $ 3.60 in taxes somewhere. I am going with when the taxes were going to be sent to the agency, the error would have been found and corrected (depending on the tax agency, some are sent monthly, some quarterly, some annually.) The next payrolls were done correctly.
NatPay is a 3rd party vendor that facilitates the employee direct deposit. If you enter a payroll incorrectly and want to cancel, even seconds later, Patriot says it is canceled, but you have to CALL NATPAY otherwise it goes through. Be sure to not miss the pop-up warning. I was advised they are working on a better solution to make sure it is clear what to do in order to cancel a mistake payroll that was submitted.
The site is not all that easy to navigate. There are report and default options that may not be easy to locate how to set. Strongly suggest that you contact customer services and they will walk you quickly through the process.
I have worked with 4 different Payroll service companies over the last couple of years. They are not all the same, they each have strengths and weaknesses and wide range of costs. From what I can tell, they all do the payroll functions of collecting and distributing employee payments and taxes correctly. The big difference, besides costs, is what they include in the base price, and if/how they enter this information into your accounting system like QuickBooks. With any payroll service, you always have the option to enter it manually into your system from the paystubs which ensure it is entered how you want it.

van Michele op 5-5-2017

I'd like to take the opportunity to clarify some of your misgivings about Patriot:
1. You are correct, you can cancel anytime. If you do cancel, we do give you any money back we have collected so that you can make your filings yourself. If you want Patriot to file, for you, (we'd be happy to), you just need to cancel after the filings have been made.

2. You do not get charged to keep track of sick days or vacation days. There is a free feature in the software called "Manage Time Off".

3. Next pay periods DO automatically populate. This was a feature we added last year.

4. All payroll reports are under the Payroll tab under "Reports". We have an excellent "Payroll Details Report" where you can adjust dates and select specific employees and/or taxes to view. These can be grouped in a variety of ways: check, employee, paydate, totals

5. Once you run a payroll, a file is instantly sent to Natpay. If you void the payroll, you are correct, you will want to call Natpay and make sure the file has been canceled. Because this is a third party vendor who handles direct deposit, we can't control how their system works after the file is sent, unfortunately. We do give warning in the system to remind you. (We want to be sure your employees are only paid once.)

6. Our QB export only sends by pay date, not pay period.

7. We appreciate that we can make our navigation easier, and our UX team is on it!

I'm having a customer support rep reach out to you to help you with these things. We are here for you, Chris. We want you to be among the thousands of satisfied customers Patriot serves every day!

• Beoordeeld op 3-5-2017
Timothy B.
Director of Operations
Management non-profit organisaties, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-3-2020

"Extremely easy to use - Excellent US-based support"

Pluspunten: I absolutely love how responsive Patriot's support is and it's US-based, which is a huge plus because of alternative language barriers or time zone issues. They offer phone, email and/or chat support with low to no wait times. I love how self-explanatory things are - it's easy to 'find' what you're trying to do in most cases, without enlisting the help of Support. Definitely saves me time and money versus using an overpriced and under-delivering PEO, that's for sure.

Minpunten: Patriot does not yet offer the ability to break employees out by department, which is particularly useful for reporting purposes, when entering info into accounting software such as QBO, etc. While I'm told they're working on this functionality, it's been 9 months since I was told this and am still not hearing updates on progress in rolling this out. But we have since come up with a feasible workaround and realize no single solution will do 100% of what you're needing, in almost any case. So it's not impacting our workflow in an overall negative way, it'd just be nice to have this when it rolls out.

• Beoordeeld op 11-3-2020
Catherine M.
Bouw, 2-10 werknemers

"Highly Recommended"

Opmerkingen: Yearly audits ask for some obscure paperwork. Patriot always knows exactly where to find it. Every time. A different paperwork. They know their database very well.

Pluspunten: This is so easy to use Patriot Payroll. I'm too busy doing my job and I am thrilled for a reasonable fee someone else will handle the quarterly state and federal forms and take taxes from the paycheck. Frankly, I don't even have to worry about any of it. They just do it. ANOTHER MOST (?) that I like is when I do have to call Patriot, EVERY time I've called, I have received friendly service AND HELPFUL advice. I NEVER have to be transferred. I always get my answer from a friendly person who answers the phone. This is THE easiest and most friendliest company to work with.

Minpunten: I can't think of a thing I do not like about this company.

Raymond N.
Attorney
Rechtspraktijk, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 11-4-2020

"Perfect for a Small Business or Sole-Proprietor"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Patriot has helped me get my payroll taxes under control. For years as a sole proprietor (I am self-incorporated with an S election) I was just paying in estimated taxes quarterly and thus my income was determined by my draws, in essence. Like many sole proprietors, I got behind on my estimates and ended up with big tax bills every year. This software enabled me to implement what my accountant had been begging me to do for years: put myself on a reasonable, regular, payroll, and stick to it. Because cash flow is never predictable in my work, I pay myself a weekly salary. The software does my withholdings, takes out the money for taxes, and then does an ACH direct payment to my personal account each week. It also calculates employer contributions for health insurance, HSA, and in my case, an SEP. It has brought much needed discipline in my personal finance and how I run my business with very little cost.

Pluspunten: This product is easy to learn and use, and that is what I like most about this software. Second to that, I like the fact that it has made my own payroll (I pay myself a W2 salary out of gross company earnings) nearly mindless. The fact that my payroll taxes are computed accurately, withheld, paid on time, and that the forms are filed for me is priceless.

Minpunten: I think the payment of bonuses could be more obvious in how it is done, but I am stretching here. This product is nearly perfect.

• Beoordeeld op 11-4-2020
Elizabeth D.
Attorney/Owner
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

"Great payroll software!"

Pluspunten: I was able to scale up my needs without changing platforms or disrutping my currrent processes. When I hired one employee I was comfortable doing my own tax filings and paying taxes myself--Payroll ran the calcuations for me and I did the rest. As I scaled up, it made more sense to let someone else do the filing and tax payments for me so I switched over to full service payroll. It was a seamless transition and has been easy to manage. I still have plenty of control but know that deadlines are met and payments are made. I also really like that I'm not paying for services I don't need or don't care about.

Minpunten: It is occasionally difficult to figure out how to run reports to get certain information. In time, I've learned my way around but it doesn't always feel intuitive. However, the customer service when I do get stuck has been great! It is usually a longish wait on the phone but they are efficient and very helpful once I do get in touch.

Lynne H.
Payroll Supervisor
Vastgoed, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 18-5-2020

"Love Patriot"

Opmerkingen: Overall, we are very pleased with Patriot Payroll. We moved from Quickbooks Payroll in 2018 and for the most part, it is great. Every now and then, we have something that comes up that is out of the ordinary, BUT Patriot is always able to work it out for us, other than the coding of taxes to more than one week.
The reports are very self explanatory and very useful.

Pluspunten: We like the ease of use of Patriot. We are a very small office, with only 9 employees and our payroll is basically the same every week, with the exception of hours changing, We have 2 salary employees and everyone else is hourly.

Minpunten: We wish there a way to code a specific payroll for a person that is a large item, like a commission so that the software would tax it for more than one week. The commission may be for more than one week, so it would be great it there was a way to specify to tax it for say 4 weeks. When I used ADP at a previous employer, they had that option and it was great.

• Beoordeeld op 18-5-2020
Justin A.
Sales Operations Manager
Milieudiensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 14-4-2020

"Patriot Software - Great Payroll Software Value"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Patriot has been great to work with. Set up was quick and easy. Onboarding employees and contractors are straight-forward and not hard to do. And their service is top-notch as well.

Pluspunten: I like the ease of use and user-friendly interface and dashboard.

Minpunten: I think that the timeline when processing payroll isn't as advantageous to small businesses as more expensive options like ADP can be. Although it's not as costly as ADP it required payroll to be funded about a week ahead of check dates which can be challenging for a new, small field service company.

• Beoordeeld op 14-4-2020
Jacob E.
Accountant
Administratie, Zelfstandig ondernemer
  • Beoordeeld op 11-5-2020

"Quality Software for accountants"

Pluspunten: I really enjoyed the simple , easy to follow instructions for set up of new clients; the method of entering payroll is clean and neat and not complicated, and excellent, friendly customer service.

Minpunten: I would like them to have an upload feature for payroll and for 1099 payments.

Kristen B.
  • Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019

"Patriot Software"

Opmerkingen: Customer Service is great . It's not always intuitive with where to find things, but over the year + we've used it they've made a few great improvments (like multi hour wages, and pto tracking).

Pluspunten: We use Patriot Software in a wide variety of industries (restaurant, retail, day care, and more). I love how I can set it up for a client, and show them briefly how to run their own payroll. Very easy for simply payrolls.

Minpunten: My biggest pet peeve is the inflexibility of making tax adjustments. For Example: a restaurant where they pay out tips each night means that a check would be for sever hours only, usually about $40 for the week. The tips justify enough taxes that they end up with a negative paycheck. In any other system I can manually adjust the taxes held to get the check to zero or close. (the server ends up owing money at the end of the year). With PS, I have to come up with other options for getting the paycheck to zero (like getting the business to cover the taxes in the meantime).

• Beoordeeld op 18-11-2019
Tony B.
Executive recruiter
Bouw, 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-2-2018

"Patriot Payroll has great customer service and is easy to use!!"

Opmerkingen: This is a very user-friendly and inexpensive way to get payroll done. This software has saved our company a lot of time and money. I would recommend this product to small and medium-size companies.

Pluspunten: The customer support is very effective and made Implementation process very smooth. The process for logging employee hours and applying deductions are very easy to understand and straightforward. This product has a very user-friendly UI that is clean and very intuitive, this makes reporting very flexible. This is a cost effective solution for small companies as long as you do not need extensive job costing integration into an accounting system.

Minpunten: The direct deposit functionality is very restrictive at times and they require that the payroll is processed by Monday for it to be distributed to the employee's account on Friday. Patriot Payroll does use ADP as a third party to do the direct deposits. This doesn't really work well with our paperless environment. After you have entered hours you can not go back and correct any mistakes you may have made on a payroll deduction. This is frustrating at times. You have to delete the entire payroll, edit the deduction and then re-enter the payroll. This makes the software feel very clunky, an alternative would be to approve the payroll void the incorrect check and then re-run another payroll.

van Michele op 20-2-2018

Tony, as of December 2018, we no longer use a third party to manage direct deposit. Everything is seamless and in our software. Did you know that if you are paying your employees by direct deposit, and have set them up with the free employee portal, no printing is necessary on your end? Employees can log in to their employee portal and download paystubs from their if needed, making your payroll paperless. :)

• Beoordeeld op 16-2-2018
Neal P.
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 4-9-2019

"Bang for your buck!"

Opmerkingen: I had tried ADP and PAYCHEX before switching to Patriot. As a sole proprietor running a small business, I was not prepared to handle payroll taxes. ADP was so expensive, i felt. Paychex had me depend on a person to take my info and process it. That person was off one day when my payroll needed completed and i missed payroll! That didn't go over well. For the last few years we have used and fallen in love with the simplicity of Patriot. I input the numbers and it gives me a PDF to print onto my checks instantly. It's all I ever wanted.

Pluspunten: 1.) Its simple to use.
2.) Its cheap.
3.) Full featured but lets me print my own checks instantly.

Minpunten: I thought at first that Patriot was going to send out the Tax documents to my employees. But that wasnt the case. That was a bummer as i wasnt at first prepared. But it makes since that we should send them to know we meet our deadlines and have proof they were sent.

van Patriot Software op 6-9-2019

Neal, you've made our day! Thank you for spreading the word about Patriot!

• Beoordeeld op 4-9-2019
Danielle A.
Executive Director
Schoolleiding, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-2-2020

"The best decision!"

Opmerkingen: Purchasing access to the Patriot Software program was one of my best decisions. In fact, I wish I had started sooner because it would have saved me a lot of time and money. I appreciate knowing when I call for tech support I will be able to speak with a person in a timely manner, and that person will be patient with me. I cannot imagine growing my business without Patriot Software.

Pluspunten: I am both a scientist and an educator, not a business person by training. Patriot Software was recommended to me by my accountant. I primarily use the payroll features for my small business. It is so easy to use for both myself and employees. I appreciate the fact there is an employee portal. All of the features from running payrolls, to creating W2s is so user-friendly. And when I haven't been sure how to accomplish something the phone in teach support has been amazing. Aside from the product being a wonderful time saver for me to use, it also at a price point that is incredibly reasonable.

Minpunten: This is one of the rare items I have ever used where I have nothing constructive that should be changed. I have been thrilled with all aspects of the Patriot System.

• Beoordeeld op 8-2-2020
Geoffrey F.
Sole Proprietor
Milieudiensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 19-5-2020

"Kicks Qickbooks aside for the value"

Opmerkingen: It has been great , and the value and ease of access are phenomenal.

Pluspunten: First of all, very affordable. Next, it is very easy to run payroll, the dates are already selected. I just put in the number of hours and download the pay stubs. The reports are very easy to use as well and come in extremely handy when paying taxes, especially at the end of the year!

Minpunten: I was going to say nothing until recently. A new employee started and she is working low hours however the software was not taking out a federal income tax for her. I realize that is a precaution against someone not being liable if they do not make enough, but it is a problem when the company owes monthly federal payments and the system does not accept a $0.00 when the obvious other taxes are being paid. I'm actually going to have to call customer service soon...

van Patriot Software op 21-5-2020

Hi Geoffrey. The software will calculate federal withholding based on the IRS tax tables for this year using payrate, pay frequency and status. If the employee owes no federal taxes due to low income on a payroll, the software will report the taxable wages AND the amount of taxes that were collected and deposited. In this case the taxes would be reported as zero. Please do reach out to our helpful support team with any questions!

• Beoordeeld op 19-5-2020
Susan B.
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 11-5-2020

"Great Product, Reasonable Price, Easy to Use!"

Opmerkingen: Awesome and easy. As far was we know, so far, there have been no errors whatsoever.

Pluspunten: I don't need to know anything about payroll rules and regulations and yet I can "run payroll" in about 2 minutes. I needed to find a way to pay 2 people in our office and our local accounting service was going to charge an unreasonable amount in my opinion to assist our small business. Patriot Software offered an easy to use option. We also use the time card option which is also fabulous and easy.

Minpunten: Sometimes there is a delay in getting support but I think that's because they are busy and growing which is awesome for them. Getting things set up took a bit of time but the people at Patriot were helpful and patient through the process. I know nothing about how payroll works but their support people worked through it with me.

Christine W.
Bookkeeper
  • Beoordeeld op 29-1-2020

"Love this Software"

Opmerkingen: Everything has been amazing. The customer service is awesome, the software is easy to use, and the price is just the best.

Pluspunten: I love everything about this. 1) The ease, it is so easy to use 2) the customer service team is always so helpful and listens to suggestions and has implemented suggestions we have made 3) the Price, we came from Intuit and the price savings was crazy amazing 4) They process all payroll forms, Intuit would not process our local LST returns, but Patriot does, they do them all!

Minpunten: The few items I would like to see changed are mainly just with check printing. It would be nice to be able to print DD stubs with a layout that looks like a laser check so that they could be folded and put into double window envelopes like the checks are. The second thing would be to be able the change the stub options on checks. Currently, laser checks take up both stubs on a check to make one pay stub. It would be nice if you could have an option that it all fit on just one of the check stubs, and then repeats again on the second stub for the employer's copy.

• Beoordeeld op 29-1-2020
Matthew V.
VP, Program Director
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020

"Easiest and best service and value!"

Opmerkingen: Patriot Software's customer service team has been friendly and helpful every time I have reached out. All of my questions have been answered quickly so I could get back to work.

Pluspunten: I love Patriot Software Payroll's incredible ease of use. I used it for a year, then switched to Quickbooks Payroll because I thought it would be easier because we use QBO. I was wrong. Quickbooks Payroll was much harder to use. The primary reason is that you still have to do a great deal when using QBO Payroll. With Patriot Software, once it is set up, the do so much more FOR you as part of the service. This gives me peace of mind, because I don't worry about making a mistake or overlooking one of the many filings.

Minpunten: For Patriot Software's Payroll software, I have experienced no downsides.

• Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020
Dj W.
Informatietechnologie en -diensten, 13-50 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 8-5-2020

"Easy to use and outstanding support"

Opmerkingen: I replaced ADP with Patriot Software for a fraction of the cost and easier use. What I find best is the personal customer service both through chat and on the phone.

Pluspunten: This product is intuitive and extremely easy to use to run payroll and find reports or information that I need. It has the exact features that I want without being overly complicated. I also appreciate the tax filing services and end of year reporting and filing for all my employees and 1099 subcontractors.

Minpunten: I find the PTO recording and reporting difficult, but I may just need more education.

Crystal S.
Medische praktijk, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-9-2019

"Honest Patriot Payroll Review"

Opmerkingen: This software has saved me a huge amount of money regarding payroll.

Pluspunten: Cost was a big thing especially compared to other accounting software. It is easy to use.

Minpunten: I wish it was easier to calculate the PTO part.

van Patriot Software op 17-9-2019

Hi Crystal,
Thank you for your terrific review. We wanted to let you know that in addition to the free manage time off feature, we also have time off accruals where you can set up "rules" so employees earn their PTO hours based on the number of hours worked. Please check out our help article on how to set those up,(https://www.patriotsoftware.com/payroll/training/help/setting-up-company-time-off-accrual-rules/) or chat or call us! We are here to help.

• Beoordeeld op 16-9-2019
Marshall M.
Owner / Solution Architect
  • Beoordeeld op 6-7-2018

"A low-cost Payroll service"

Pluspunten: It's one of the lower cost full-service payroll providers out there, and it has an attractive feel, and will appeal to business owners who are not full-time HR professionals. The dashboard is straightforward, decently uncluttered, and shows useful information at a glance, with the ability to quickly dive into more information as necessary. Running payroll is also relatively easy once everything is set up, and with full-service payroll, they will take care of all filings as well which is nice. The service is pay as you go, cancel anytime without penalty.

Minpunten: Running a payroll is a manual process, and when entering hours there doesn't seem to be a method for uploading a spreadsheet or any import process. For some businesses with many employees this would be tedious, unless you use their time tracking service as well (at an additional fee). They offer additional services, which may appeal to some businesses, such as accounting, but unfortunately they leave those menus intact regardless of if you have the product or not. The result was that as I learned the product, I often found myself on screens that unhelpfully said I don't have a subscription for this. In my opinion those options are cluttering up space, I don't need a constant reminder for a service I don't need. The only reason it is there is for gratuitous upsell, which doesn't help user experience. The biggest con for me, and the reason I ultimately chose another service, is the setup process. While I'd imagine it wasn't necessary difficult, it was overly complex, and involved printing documents, scanning, initialing, and steps other services don't require (or simplify) for setting up services such as Direct Deposit. Working with customer support felt like talking to a robot, not a human, who stood behind her curtain of company policies and couldn't engage in real conversation or sympathy for a frustrated customer. In 2018, we have enough robots to talk to, when we speak to a human they should really sound like one.

• Beoordeeld op 6-7-2018
Rob H.
Afdrukken en drukwerk, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 13-5-2020

"Very easy to use"

Pluspunten: I have been in business for 30 years. I have used ADP and Wells Fargo Payroll over the years. When I was kicked off of ADP after 10 years because my company was too small I was moved over to Wells Fargo payroll which also after about 10 years I was kicked off of their payroll service I assume because my company was too small (3 employees) and Wells Fargo is still in the payroll business. So I heard this ad on the radio for Patriot Payroll and i gave them a call. After a very easy but thorough transition process and excellent customer service from Patriot I was up and running with my new payroll service. Compared to ADP and Wells Fargo, Patriot software is SO MUCH Better! I enter the hours, commission and approve the payroll and that's it! 3 steps and I'm done. It takes less than 5 minuets. I highly recommend Patriot Payroll service

Minpunten: None! These guys are great. The setup was quick & easy and using the software weekly is a breeze

• Beoordeeld op 13-5-2020
Vickey R.
Accounting Firm Owner
Financiële dienstverlening, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 9-10-2018

"Great Software for the Price!"

Opmerkingen: Overall, Patriot Payroll works very well for my bookkeeping business and I would highly recommend them for other bookkeepers, small business owners, and nonprofits. I was using a very expensive full service payroll software that works inside of QBO...but had so many issues with them that when I switched to Patriot...it was a breath of fresh air! Their support was so much more "supportive" and being able to control the payroll transactions in QBO was wonderful! AND paying a fourth of the monthly fee of the "other" payroll software for better and more reliable software was nice too!

Pluspunten: I use Patriot Software for all of my bookkeeping software because it is reliable and easy to use. It also cost a fraction of what other full service payroll software cost. Their Support staff is awesome and seems more knowledgable than the support reps I talked with my prior full service payroll provider. The payroll reports are easier to run and have the detail I need for my church clients. Setting up the unique compensation and taxes for churches is MUCH easier in Patriot also.

Minpunten: I don't like the journal entries (JE) Patriot automatically creates when you connect them to QBO. Better account mapping capabilities would solve that issue...but in the meantime I just turn off that feature and enter my own payroll JEs in QBO. I also don't like that I can't assign one employee to 2 or more different locations. You also can't assign more than one pay rate per employee. I have one client that is an employee of the church and of the church's preschool with different pay rates for both. Patriot helped me set up a work around...but it is not ideal. BUT even with these cons...I still love the software and am happy with their service.

• Beoordeeld op 9-10-2018
William R.
Detailhandel, 2-10 werknemers
  • Beoordeeld op 16-3-2017

"What a life saver"

Opmerkingen: Even with the check printing challenges, I love the service. Nothing is perfect. We have been with Patriot for over a year now and our experience has been very consistent. We moved from another payroll service that cost about the same but did far less and had issues several times a year. I feel Patriot Software is fair. Most of the time when companies of multi service options as "piece meal" solution, the company does this in order to maximize the appearance of low cost. With Patriot, it is not the case, in my opinion it is to allow business owners to pick what their company needs.

Pluspunten: Easy to use web interface and good help functions if you need them. Quick service if you have questions with their chat help feature. Very knowledgeable staff every time I have spoken to them. Patriot offers many options to pick from in order to meet each business needs. System just works without issues. If you choose, they will file all of your forms for you and I think it is well worth it. The employee portal is a great tool that allows employees to access their information at any time without using any man hours.

Minpunten: The printing of checks is the biggest issue we have found. It does print well once you setup. Printer setup is a bit challenging. The second part of the check printing issue is when you print on check voucher laser checks, no matter how you setup, it really does not print info in the right areas. Also unsure why you have to enter a check number on the "print payroll" page in order to download the file to print check with. Check numbers are already printed on the checks.

• Beoordeeld op 16-3-2017
Victor E.
CA
  • Beoordeeld op 10-3-2020

"EZ to use"

Opmerkingen: DON'T EVEN TRY IT JUST GET IT! YOU'LL LOVE IT

Pluspunten: one of the most important things I was looking for when I was searching for a different payroll software was COSTUMER SUPPORT and thankfully I can communicate with Patriot Software easily. there is nothing to complain about, I absolutely love PATRIOT SOFTWARE!!!

Minpunten: I want to say come up with an application for IOS, Android, etc. which I know they are already working on it

• Beoordeeld op 10-3-2020