Helpt Nederlandse bedrijven al 15 jaar
bij het vinden van de juiste software

Over Patriot Payroll

Online payroll-oplossingen voor eigenaren van kleine bedrijven. Voer payroll uit in 3 eenvoudige stappen. Lage prijzen zonder onverwachte kosten. Probeer het gratis!

Meer informatie over Patriot Payroll

The automation is useful - integration into QuickBooks. Calculations of payroll, automatic handling of tax filing and tax payments are a joy.

I was very upset Patriot neglected to file correctly, causing me to incur penalties and interest, and then they had the audacity to blame me for the error.

Beoordelingen van Patriot Payroll

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Patriot Payroll heeft een totaalscore van 4,8 van 5 sterren op basis van 3.412 gebruikersreviews op Capterra.

Heb je Patriot Payroll eerder gebruikt?

Reviews filteren (3.412)

Kingfer
Kingfer
Engineer in VS
Consumentenelektronica, 2-10 werknemers

Vice President

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Easy to use and integrate most of the daily payroll functions..

No Health insurance add-on compare to Gusto payroll.

Director in VS
Magazijnen/opslag, 2-10 werknemers

Patriot Payroll is the best move I've made in a long time!

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: The Patriot Payroll staff is AMAZING to work with! [sensitive content hidden] has been my guide and coach all the way through. Every time I call with a question, [sensitive content hidden] answers it easily and walks me through to be sure I get what he's teaching me. I can't state enough that Patriot has been a game-changer for me in my office workload. Every month, every quarter, I'm saving HOURS of manual work that I can now apply elsewhere.

I love how easy it was to switch my payroll from an annually purchased in-house software package, to the Patriot system. I love that I no longer have to open a file, save a backup, and process each employee individually, print tax reports monthly, quarterly, and annually. I wasted so much time in the past. Besides being easier, this payroll system is actually less expensive in the long haul for hours of work saved.

Having to modify my in-house record keeping on Quicken software. I'd been set up for my manual payroll previously, with automated entry system in quicken. I've had to modify that process over time to be sure and track my tax payments. Not a huge deal, more of a process of transitioning from one system to another. Still a WHOLE LOT EASIER to manage than all the work I did before.

Betty
Nutsbedrijven, 2-10 werknemers
Heeft de software gebruikt voor: Gratis proef

Using Patriot Software

3,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: We are just completing our 3rd month, but so far it has been mostly seamless and have only needed a little help from an accountant to set it up correctly. It is getting easier each month.

Patriot Software cost less than our previous payroll company and for the most part is much easier to use.

At first it was a little hard to get set up, maybe only because I did the onboarding myself instead of utilizing the option for them to do it. Also, it is a little frustrating to have to submit payroll 5 days ahead of time, but this is partially our choice of how we run our payroll cycles.

Cheryl
Full Charge Bookkeeper in VS
Machine- en installatiebouw, 11-50 werknemers

Payroll with Ease

5,0 3 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: I can complete payroll in a short time using it. It processes taxes accurately. I can get help quickly with the chat feature. I can find answers to my questions, for example, how to set up a wage garnishment, by using the search feature.

I can do the payroll anywhere I have a computer. I like the fact we can print the checks. I appreciate there is a team that can keep up-to-date with tax laws and all returns are submitted electronically.

When I made an error in setting up PTO, I couldn't edit it. I had to create a new rule completely and make the one in error, inactive.

Anna
Psychotherapist in VS
Geestelijke gezondheidszorg, 2-10 werknemers

Extremely satisfying

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Opmerkingen: Our business is very satisfied with this service. We left Quicken/Intuit for them and have never been sorry

Patriot’s customer service is outstanding, which is so important because we are therapists, not accountants. Any time we have a question or need support, we talk to someone friendly and efficient

I don’t really have any complaints. Learning a new system and navigating the website takes some time, and maybe it isn’t as intuitive as Quickbooks was, but it’s really not that hard.

Marla
CEO in VS
Bouw, 11-50 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Very user and customizable product

5,0 vorige maand Nieuw

Opmerkingen: So far my experience has been great because it gives me the flexibility I was looking for where I couldn’t have with other payroll softwares.

It was easy to use and set up, we had to upload prior payroll for 1 year so it was flexible to do that ourselves instead of relying on someone to get it done for us

I didn’t like that we didn’t get as many email reminders for tax deadlines.

Attorney in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

Good Program

5,0 2 maanden geleden

Prior use of Quick Books. This program is easier, less expensive and much more user friendly.

Do not know of any cons to the use of Patriot Payroll.

Jo Ann
Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor, 2-10 werknemers

Patriot Review

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

The cost of Patriot Payroll Software is compatible with the online payroll industry, and I find that their customer service team is the best.

Learning how to create reports to fit my needs. Thank God for their customer service team!

Betty
Administrative Assistance in VS
Religieuze instellingen, 2-10 werknemers

Church Payroll

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: My experience has been very good. We were using ChurchTrac and they decided to stop doing payroll. They gave us a list of options and we checked into the different programs. Patriot had good reviews and the pricing was pretty good.

Direct Deposit and ease of use are high on the list for Patriot Payroll. When I needed help Patriot replied in a timely manner and solved my problems.

I don't have anything that I can think of that I dislike.

Regina
Consumentendiensten, 2-10 werknemers

Very Happy

5,0 2 maanden geleden Nieuw

Opmerkingen: I was afraid to go with them at first but after my first call with a representative, they made me feel at ease.

It's easy to use and the support is very knowledgeable, friendly and readily available.

There is nothing I do not like about it.

Kristen

Patriot Software

4,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Customer Service is great . It's not always intuitive with where to find things, but over the year + we've used it they've made a few great improvments (like multi hour wages, and pto tracking).

We use Patriot Software in a wide variety of industries (restaurant, retail, day care, and more). I love how I can set it up for a client, and show them briefly how to run their own payroll. Very easy for simply payrolls.

My biggest pet peeve is the inflexibility of making tax adjustments. For Example: a restaurant where they pay out tips each night means that a check would be for sever hours only, usually about $40 for the week. The tips justify enough taxes that they end up with a negative paycheck. In any other system I can manually adjust the taxes held to get the check to zero or close. (the server ends up owing money at the end of the year). With PS, I have to come up with other options for getting the paycheck to zero (like getting the business to cover the taxes in the meantime).

Taylor
Account Analyst in VS
Vastgoed, 11-50 werknemers

Overall please with our switch from Quickbooks to Patriot

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall we have had a great experience with patriot, we had quite a few issues with the transition over (mainly due to the fact we made the switch in the 4th Qtr of 2019 so there was a ton of data to be entered). Because of the amount of data and timing we have had several issues with our tax filing from 2019- but what I love the most about patriot is that they are the most accessible help line that I have ever came across in the business world, you rarely wait on hold for longer than 10 minutes and it has never taken them longer than a few hours to respond to emails- making problem resolutions very quick.

I love how organized it keeps all of our data and the ability to send our hourly time clocks straight to the payroll.

I wish that you could hide inactive employees from the reports drop downs, and wish that you could create groups within the reports so that you dont have to hunt and peck for certain employees when running reports. I also wish that there was a way for the managers to view hourly time clocks without needing access to the main admin account.

Karen
CEO in VS
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

Patriot is an amazing platform for small businesses

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I have been a customer for over 4 years. I left for a brief time thinking I could find something better but after only 5 months, I came back to Patriot. There short falls do not add up to their amazing customer service!

You can't beat the price point for the technology. it's a solid platform for a small business. They are constantly developing new features that enhance the experience. Their customer service is the best in the business, by far! I don't know how they do it but they hire the nicest most helpful people out there.

Their reports are somewhat limited and the ability to capture history for changes is non-existent.

Vickey

Awesome Payroll Software

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: As I have stated before, their support is awesome and the "chat" feature has a live person on the other end=) Those live people know the software as well and are usually always able to resolve any issue I have in minutes. Set up is a little difficult ...IF you don't know payroll, so I would strongly recommend hiring someone that knows your type of industry (I work with churches and ministers and payroll is an area that I see a lot of mistakes)...to set up the software for you. But after you get it set up, it is pretty easy to use. I highly recommend this software.

Their support! After leaving Intuit Payroll for Patriot, their "knowledgable" and available help was a refreshing change!

There is not an "auto" payroll for my clients that have the same payroll each time. With that added feature, Patriot Payroll would just about be perfect in my opinion.

Mary
Secretary/Accounting in VS
Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie, 2-10 werknemers

Patriot Payroll Review

5,0 2 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Really like it! The customer service team is AMAZING! I've never had any issue that couldn't be solved quickly and efficiently

The product is very easy to use, especially without having too much experience with payroll processing. Adding all our historical records for the year was very easy, it easily creates journal entries that can be imported directly into Quickbooks!

There really isn't any con. The ONLY thing that is frustrating at times - it has nothing to do with the service itself, however, when I process payroll before getting approval from my boss (oops!) i've had to void the full payroll only to process it a day or two later (cash flow) - the taxes are deducted from our account 2x, then refunded after 1-2 days. This is our fault when this happens, but if I had to list a con I guess that would be it :)

Neal
Gezondheid, wellness en fitness, 2-10 werknemers

Bang for your buck!

5,0 5 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I had tried ADP and PAYCHEX before switching to Patriot. As a sole proprietor running a small business, I was not prepared to handle payroll taxes. ADP was so expensive, i felt. Paychex had me depend on a person to take my info and process it. That person was off one day when my payroll needed completed and i missed payroll! That didn't go over well. For the last few years we have used and fallen in love with the simplicity of Patriot. I input the numbers and it gives me a PDF to print onto my checks instantly. It's all I ever wanted.

1.) Its simple to use. 2.) Its cheap. 3.) Full featured but lets me print my own checks instantly.

I thought at first that Patriot was going to send out the Tax documents to my employees. But that wasnt the case. That was a bummer as i wasnt at first prepared. But it makes since that we should send them to know we meet our deadlines and have proof they were sent.

Reactie Patriot Software

5 jaar geleden

Neal, you've made our day! Thank you for spreading the word about Patriot!

Noreen
Operations Manager in VS
Werving en selectie, 2-10 werknemers

Customer Service and Features / Restrictions

5,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Payroll rules and tax reporting / payments are simplified in one place.

This software was very easy to use, and as my business grows I am finding the necessary features needed are available to me. Whenever I have called customer service, I usually have gotten a person that is knowledgeable and is able to help me. There have been times that the person called has not been able to help me, and was able to escalate my issue to someone that could.

Changes to setting sometimes allow changes that are incomplete. In 2019, I added the accounting software to Patriot Payroll. I updated settings in "Payroll Integration Options" but missed some. I was able to save the partial data and run a payroll. When reviewing the accounting journal entry that was generated from the first payroll with the accounting software, I saw the JE generated was incomplete. If I had not checked to verify this JE was correct, this would have been difficult to track down later. This is a big miss, and there should be some warning or stop to prevent this (incomplete data) from happening.

Oscar

Price vs Value

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I like it over all, my only one concern for the size of clients I have is the 4 days direct deposit, I don't like neither my clients the other option of add funds to Patriot to have next day direct deposit.

The software covers most of the frequently payroll needs. The price is according for what you get. Customer service is quick response, helpful and kind. Easy to navigate between companies. Easy to set up, the steps guide you very well to avoid any error. Contains value information of how to get tax account from other states. The blog contains value HR information.

The 4 days direct deposit. It does not notify that the date to run is coming up. Prefund next day payment.

Luke
Managing Member in VS

Great Product For Accountant Users & Business Owners

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Overall a great experience and will continue to use in the future. It gets the job done and it definitely feels like the company continues to grow and expand the product, always in positive directions.

Pleasant to look at and navigate the UI; has an intuitive design that usually allows one to figure things out quickly; the reports are top notch; and integrates with QBO & XERO. Also, the Advisor program for accountants is intriguing and definitely a plus, though I haven't capitalized on that quite yet.

At times, certain functions and the design seem basic and possibly below par than the competition in terms of features and additional (though not essential) tools or options. But I'm ok with this since the product does everything I need it to do.

Jennifer
Enrolled Agent in VS
Financiële dienstverlening, 11-50 werknemers

Best Customer Service!

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: Patriot provides a low-cost comprehensive payroll program that offers many of the features and benefits found in higher priced software. The customer service and support I have received when contacting the company is the best of any software we use.

Patriot is an easy to use, basic payroll program that allows the user to customize many aspects of their payroll processing. The customer service and support at Patriot are top notch!

I would appreciate more comprehensive reporting and the ability to somewhat customize report layouts to present the relevant information for the end user.

Elizabeth
Attorney/Owner in VS
Rechtspraktijk, 2-10 werknemers

Great payroll software!

5,0 4 jaar geleden

I was able to scale up my needs without changing platforms or disrutping my currrent processes. When I hired one employee I was comfortable doing my own tax filings and paying taxes myself--Payroll ran the calcuations for me and I did the rest. As I scaled up, it made more sense to let someone else do the filing and tax payments for me so I switched over to full service payroll. It was a seamless transition and has been easy to manage. I still have plenty of control but know that deadlines are met and payments are made. I also really like that I'm not paying for services I don't need or don't care about.

It is occasionally difficult to figure out how to run reports to get certain information. In time, I've learned my way around but it doesn't always feel intuitive. However, the customer service when I do get stuck has been great! It is usually a longish wait on the phone but they are efficient and very helpful once I do get in touch.

Geoffrey
Sole Proprietor in VS
Milieudiensten, 2-10 werknemers

Kicks Qickbooks aside for the value

4,0 4 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: It has been great , and the value and ease of access are phenomenal.

First of all, very affordable. Next, it is very easy to run payroll, the dates are already selected. I just put in the number of hours and download the pay stubs. The reports are very easy to use as well and come in extremely handy when paying taxes, especially at the end of the year!

I was going to say nothing until recently. A new employee started and she is working low hours however the software was not taking out a federal income tax for her. I realize that is a precaution against someone not being liable if they do not make enough, but it is a problem when the company owes monthly federal payments and the system does not accept a $0.00 when the obvious other taxes are being paid. I'm actually going to have to call customer service soon...

Reactie Patriot Software

4 jaar geleden

Hi Geoffrey. The software will calculate federal withholding based on the IRS tax tables for this year using payrate, pay frequency and status. If the employee owes no federal taxes due to low income on a payroll, the software will report the taxable wages AND the amount of taxes that were collected and deposited. In this case the taxes would be reported as zero. Please do reach out to our helpful support team with any questions!

Andy
Practice Administrator in VS
Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche, 11-50 werknemers

Great for Small Business

4,0 3 jaar geleden

Overall Patriot Payroll systems have been very user friendly for our small medical practice. Timecard features are easy to use for employees and payroll administration. Adding payroll features such as insurance deductions, 401(k) contributions and payroll advancement deductions are easy to implement and are immediately updated in the system. Patriot makes it easy to find payroll tax filings and keeping track of accrued time-off benefits for employees. I would highly recommend this software for small businesses looking for an easy-to-maintain payroll solution.

Some of the payroll tax integrations could be improved on a state-by-state basis. It's not as intuitive if an employee wants to make certain tax deductions (withholding more than just standard deductions). Also, if you have employees who often work at multiple sites, there's no easy way to select the location where the work is performed other than updating the employees profile and changing it on a daily basis when submitting your payroll. Also, it would be nice to have time-off accrual rules built in to the employee profile as opposed to going into the separate module for time-off rules, but this is a very minor issue.

Ted
Administratie, 2-10 werknemers

Great software and tremendous support

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love Patriot Software. The tech support is unmatched. I ALWAYS get issues resolved in one call. The software is easy to use, and the monthly billing price makes a huge difference for customers with weekly payroll. I have one client that is saving hundreds of dollars per month.

My clients love the fact that they can process payroll in Patriot (especially using direct deposit) and be done with it. Patriot handles direct deposit, federal, state and local tax payments and filings, generating W-2's, generating 1099's for contract workers, etc. It makes it all very simple.

There are really only three things I would like to see changed: 1. If you start a payroll and want to change ANYTHING for ANY employee, you have to abandon all that you have done, change the employee information, and start over. I have clients with 40+ employees and this is something that they dread. I can understand the challenges of allowing the underlying data to be changed, but if it could require just re-entering the employee whose information was changed, that would be huge. 2. If I am helping a client and I want to see what they are seeing, I cannot do it in Patriot. I would love to see a read-only mode for consultants so that we could see what our client is seeing. We do this by screen sharing now, but that is an additional hassle. 3. I would love to see an option to group the data that is downloaded to QB Online, but still shows detail. For example: list every gross payroll item, consolidate employer taxes into one entry, consolidate direct deposit withdrawals into one entry, consolidate employer and employee payroll taxes paid into one entry. I do this as a favor for some of my clients, but it would be great if it were done automatically.

Melanie
Consumentengoederen, 2-10 werknemers

Eerder overwogen alternatieven:

This is the only payroll software I've ever used and the only one I ever plan to use

5,0 3 jaar geleden

Opmerkingen: I love how hands off and easy to use it is. I run payroll weekly and it takes me about 5 minutes total. It's completely seamless and efficient!

When I signed up for Patriot (YEARS ago!) I wanted something that was user friendly, easy to navigate and had an awesome customer service team behind it. I'm an entrepreneur; not an accountant and I wanted a company that would help whenever I had tax related questions. Patriot has fit the bill for all of that.

The only thing that has been an issue is there have been two times in the last year in which my employees have woken up Friday morning and not had their direct deposit paychecks in their bank account. Given the stressful times of COVID this has caused them (mainly their spouses!) stress wondering where their paychecks have been. Luckily both times I've gotten on chat with Patriot and they've admitted the problem with their bank and have promised the direct deposits would be in by EOD. And they have been. I do hope they can get those kinks worked out bc no one likes to wake up and not have their owed money in their bank accounts. But for what it's worth... the communication about it is AMAZING and most of the time that is more important than anything else.